Avis clients sur TunnelBear

TunnelBear

4,5 (464)
Donnez votre avis !
Solution de service de réseau privé virtuel

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

464 avis

Shayna
Shayna
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction

Addressing the Needs of International Clients While Ensuring Security

Publié le 07/09/2019

Overall, I was very pleased with TunnelBear. It did exactly what I needed to affordably, allowing me to work with international clients on their content from a U.S. IP address. I appreciated TunnelBear's candid FAQs which helped me to better understand what VPN was and what the benefits and considerations were for using it. While those projects have ended, I will definitely consider using TunnelBear in the future specifically for privacy and security purposes as I often work remotely over highly vulnerable public WiFi.

Avantages

The internet has changed the face of producing content by expanding clientele from a local pool to an international one. Many clients need writers to be able to view sites and broadcasts as if they were local, but sometimes your IP address is a barrier. With TunnelBear I was able to toggle between my US IP address and an address local to my clients so I could stay abreast of local broadcasts. It was actually only after discovering TunnelBear for this purpose that I discovered it's full use as a VPN to protect privacy.

Inconvénients

Toggling between my home IP address and an international one takes a little more time than simply surfing directly, but it's isn't too long and is as close to seamless as possible.

• Secteur d'activité : E-learning

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

My personal opinion about using Tunnelbear

Publié le 20/11/2023

Tunnelbear is a great VPN that people can rely on which saving money along the way. It has basic good features, enough VPN protocols, having a stable internet connection and good internet speed that can rival that of other VPNs. Customer support is always there for you if you need to ask questions and they really put an effort into solving the problems that users are facing. All in all, it is a pleasant VPN to use and I am 100 percent sure you will feel the same too!

Avantages

First of all, Tunnelbear is priced right amongst its competitors which are more costly. Don't let cheap price fool you as it is a good VPN with tons of features that you can also get on other pricy VPNs. Initial sign-up and login is simple and intuitive and doesn't take that much time to do it. To connect, you just need to click a button and boom! instant connected. You don't need to worry about connection dropout as VPN is connected all the time and stable. I tried to connect to a variety of server locations and internet speeds in those regions are more or less the same regardless of distance of location that you are connecting from. The latest VPN protocol, wireguard is added; therefore you are not missing out on latest features. Splitbear did the job perfectly by restricting apps that you chose from to connect to VPN. Ghostbear essentially masks your ISP from know about the fact that you are using VPN; thus, it may be useful for people from countries which deploys severe internet censorship.

Inconvénients

Sometimes, your account can be logged out and you need to sign-in again but it is not that much of a deal-breaker as it happens only a few times from using it. I also encountered a bug about connecting as clicking it didn't do anything; therefore, I exited the app and reopened one more time to solve the problem. The thing is yes, Tunnelbear does have problems but they are mostly minor ones which will not cause users to have headache.

Alternatives envisagées

ExpressVPN
Claudia
Claudia
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

TunnelBear enables a secure and high-performance connection

Publié le 31/05/2020

TunnelBear allows us to connect to public networks from our corporate laptops and cell phones, thanks to the fact that it has desktop applications and mobile applications for all platforms. With this software we managed to encrypt the connection through the IKEv2 protocol and we can navigate at high speed and without restrictions.

Avantages

I like TunnelBear because it offers completely free browsing data and has a large number of countries. Its user interface is interactive and lively, making it easy to connect to the VPN. I also like that it has desktop apps and also mobile apps. Also, it has very good security protocols like IKEv2 and IPSec.

Inconvénients

The only thing that disgusts me is that it does not have different options of cities per country, it is only possible to change the country.

Osarumwense
Osarumwense
  • Secteur d'activité : Films et cinéma

TunnelBear

Publié le 26/05/2021

Overall, TunnelBear, with its intuitive UI has done a great job simplifying VPNs for a novice like me, in my business.

Avantages

It is brilliantly designed to meet our everyday needs. It is secure and have your device protected; no need to worry about your data being stolen.

The fact that TunnelBear is fun, and offers free 500mb every month is probably the most attractive thing about it. It is very unlikely to find a VPN solution that offers free service, and still be fun to use.

No other VPN solutions like TunnelBear; with its free trial, you can check it out if you like the product.
Its simplicity makes it fun to use by inexperienced users.

TunnelBear supports split tunneling on android devices. It can also be use as a secure torrent network.

Inconvénients

What i like least about this software is how slow the internet connection could be sometimes, most especially after disconnected and trying to reconnect. This should be looked into.

It is not a great fit for streaming as the data zaps quickly.

Relatively few servers. More servers should be added.

Antonio
Antonio
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

TunnelBear is the most reliable, secure and easy-to-use VPN of 2021

Publié le 07/07/2021

Because to carry out my work I need to spend most of the time browsing the internet handling very sensitive financial and business information, TunnelBear represents for me an extremely useful tool when it comes to guaranteeing my anonymity and the security of all the information that I handle. In Internet.

Avantages

What I like the most about TunnelBear is that it is a VPN with a very simple and intuitive interface that provides guaranteed security and protection. I would say that TunnelBear is the best VPN option for people who have no experience using technology precisely because of its simple and intuitive design.

Inconvénients

What I don't like about TunnerBear and I think they can improve it is that it does not provide geolocation options by state or specific region.

Janosch
Janosch
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

Easy, reliable VPN-Tunneling that works

Publié le 03/12/2019

I was astonished by how easy setting up a VPN Tunnel can be. Fast, reliable, stable - recommendable. Whenever I have a task to do which requires my PC believably to be in Finnland or Australia I will unse TunnelbBar again. Can not have no sad bears (: .

Avantages

I needed a way to tunnel VPN traffic in a way that would make my PC appear to be from another country then the one I was in. I came across tunnelBear and felt in love. Clear and simple it integrates into your System and tunnels (hence the name) your Network traffic as set to be. I had zero hassle with setup or stability and was just charmed by the user-friendly, open easy to use functionality.

Inconvénients

Not much. The only thing I can remeber was, taht I was sad, when I had to quit because I had done all I had to do on the task that required the VPN-Tunnel. "The bear was sad" or something I remember. Even the unsitall Process was clean, simple and easy.

Polo
Polo
  • Secteur d'activité : Design
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

The simplest VPN client out there

Publié le 30/04/2019

Tunnelbear is without a doubt the simplest VPN if you're in need of one. Great software for a single person, not sure if it would work for a large company.

Avantages

- Very cheap for what it offers
- Very easy to install, even without computer knowledge
- The app is very well designed
- The companion apps make a great investment, VPN all across devices
- Has a free version that gives you 2gb for a tweet

Inconvénients

Not much, the only one is that the app sometimes gets slow and the connection to the VPN takes more than expected, sometimes more than 2 minutes

Leon
Leon
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

This is probably the cutest and most effective VPN software in the market.

Publié le 04/06/2018

Great and functional VPN software.

Great and functional VPN software.

Avantages

First of all, this software has one of the most beautiful and easy to use interfaces I have seen, also their website graphics revolved around cute vectorized bears. It works marvelous, it is simple to use, effective, connects quickly and in addition; it is inexpensive (You can use around 500 MB for free in a monthly basis, and if you tweet about TunnelBear you can get some extra MBs, also their monthly and yearly plans are very affordable). I wholeheartedly recommend TunnelBear!

Inconvénients

This is one of those few cases were I don't really have anything negative to say about a software. I believe TunnelBear is great.

Karl
Karl
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Protection of the privacy of information in a secure and stable manner.

Publié le 19/05/2019

It is a tool that has guaranteed the privacy of the information of the members of the company where it has been implemented, its service is fast, easy to use and guarantees a good technical support and quality service.

Avantages

This product offers a good stability in VPN connection, offers a connection in a stable and secure way allowing the user to enjoy a fast navigation offering the privacy of the information, especially when it comes to information of the financial type or themes of the company. Confidentiality, accessing the TunnelBear Services is simple and the forms of payment are varied, the installation of the software can be applied from the desktop or through the web browser.

Inconvénients

Once I had to install the software in Windows 8.1 and it did not work, the software was installed, it also happened several times that it was frozen when making a connection and not connects which I had to restart and it works again.

Roshish
Roshish
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

A mediocre VPN

Publié le 14/10/2023

Avantages

It is simple and easy to get started with. It gives you free access to many locations but has a threshold of 500 MB per month. Also, there are no annoying ads and it does not store the logs either.

Inconvénients

I felt a hit on my internet speed and could not get streaming app running with TunnelBear.

Nadusha
Nadusha

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Only for short term operations. Period.

Publié le 27/12/2018

Overall, I'm only using this for some simple operations only. Only reason I'm using this is because of the user friendliness of the app. And this is 100% working where some other tools don't work sometimes. But the bandwidth limit is too low. So I can only rate it 5 out of 10.

Avantages

Well, I like everything about the Tunnelbear vpn. It can hide your identity and can connect to any server in almost all of the countries out there. works pretty well. Thishas an Chrome extension so that you can use it with the chrome browser. First you have to create an account and then you have to login. this process is very easy and won't take too much time. And you can connect right away. There's an android app so that use vpn from your mobile device wiht those login credentials. Everything is pretty easy. user interface is very simple. and attractive as well. and connecting won't take too long or there's no queue like other tools.

Inconvénients

like I said previously, usage bandwidth is limited when you're using this. like very low. you only get 500MB per month. so it's not suitable for long term operations like browsing social media, downloading things etc. however they allow you 1 GB if you could tweet about their service. But even that doesn't sound enough for me. Plus there are some competitors who offer the same service for free! So this is a bit questionable.

Caleb

TunnelBear - Surf Fearlessly

Publié le 21/10/2019

I have loved the experience ever since I started using the service and don't think I will switch to anyother VPN service provider.

Avantages

TunnelBear is a VPN service which encrypts your internet connection in order to keep your daily online activities private and super secure while you browse the web doing what you do best, without the worries of hackers and the government spying on your data. TunnelBear is available across all Mac, Windows, IOS and Android devices so you feel secure no matter your location or your device.

TunnelBear does not log any user activity as mentioned in the privacy policy so you can feel free to surf as intended without being spied on also by your VPN service provider.
TunnelBear also offers a free service which is limited to 500MB/Month so you can take it for a test drive before upgrading to the premium service.

Some of TunnelBear advance features are:

Global content - which allows you to view contents that is not allowed in your region
Online Privacy - TunnelBear blocks the government and your local ISP from viewing any of your internet traffic.
IP tracking - this feature blocks ad services from tracking your behavior which is used to target you for web-based advertisement.

Inconvénients

TunnelBear uses 256-bit AES encryption which is strong enough but a bit weaker than other VPN services on the market.

• Secteur d'activité : E-learning
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

Best VPN ever!

Publié le 20/03/2022

Avantages

I have tried countless VPN already, and no one can compare to TunnelBear! Sure, I only used the free trial, which is 500 mb a month, but that alone is enough for it to make an impact on me. A lot of VPN that I have tried that said are offering free service doesn't really work for me. The only one that worked is TunnelBear. The free trial is very important because it is what will make the user to decide whether to pay for the service or not. And I'm pretty sure that when the time comes, I'll gladly pay for their service! It's very easy to use, and they have a really cute layout. It's not "complicated-looking", and it worked really great as a VPN. Highly recommended!

Inconvénients

Since I only tried using the free trial, I can say that the only con that I am seeing is the fact that you can only use 500 mb per month. That is something that of course, can be solved when you decide to pay for their service.

Jyoti
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

Good, reliable product

Publié le 05/08/2021

Avantages

I used Tunnel Bear for several years so I could easily switch country by IP address using a VPN. I was impressed by the simplicity of it. Clean, uncluttered - very easy to install and navigate. Any time there was an issue, the customer support team was very responsive.

Inconvénients

My only real gripe with this software, and the reason I eventually moved over to a competitor, was that they seemed unable to adequately keep up with changes. Large companies are constantly trying to thwart VPNs and stealth IP addresses and it's an ongoing game to adapt the technology. It seemed that TunnelBear wasn't fast enough in developing their product to keep ahead of the changes.

• Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur

Secure your internet activities

Publié le 31/08/2019

TunnelBear helps me in maintaining my privacy over my internet activities. It is easy to use and cheap, making it possible for me to subscribe to its plan.

Avantages

TunnelBear is very easy to use! You just need to click or tap on the server's location that you want to use and voila! You are connected to the server. It is also cheap compared to other similar services, yet offer good service to the users.

Inconvénients

It offers a free version but with very limited data it offers, it's better to just subscribe to the basic plan. Another negative point is that sometimes, the connection becomes lagging. While it is understandable since I am using VPN service but I hope this can be addressed somewhat.

Danilo
  • Secteur d'activité : Défense et aérospatiale
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great software with some reliability snags

Publié le 07/04/2021

Overall it serves the purpose and delivers the intended service. However, I believe it could improve its reliability as a way to justify the prices charged.

Avantages

It allows you to access internet content only available within countries, which is quite a balsam when your are away from home and wants to watch your favourite shows. It is user-friendly and has a cute interface. It is really powerful and incredibly straightforward to use.

Inconvénients

I believe the main problem is to do with reliability. The connection happens to stall every now and then. Besides that, it can reduce a bit of your connection speed.

David
  • Secteur d'activité : Traduction et localisation
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Great, easy to use VPN

Publié le 23/07/2022

Provides an extra layer of security for work when out and about away from my home network as well as access to more content for personal entertainment.

Avantages

Very easy to setup and use, both on MacOS and iOS. Cute user interface makes VPNs seem more accessible to the less tech savvy. Worked for both an added layer of security when on public wifi networks and for access content/sites otherwise location blocked when traveling.

Inconvénients

Free trial somewhat limited at 500mb, trying it out with YouTube or other video burns through it extremely quickly. Month to month subscription also more expensive than other similar options; need to commit to an annual subscription to get a more reasonable monthly rate.

Gayland
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

Best VPN available today

Publié le 16/01/2019

I started out using their free minutes and was hooked immediately. I had questions and contacted customer service which was a very pleasant experience. I have had zero problems and feel very confident that my online use is private and secure.

Avantages

First, the financial side. The prices on TunnelBear are some of the best available. In addition, they give you free time. Secondly, it is extremely secure and is very user friendly. Also, their customer service is excellent.

Inconvénients

I would like for the font to be a little larger.

Héctor
Héctor

Easiest to use VPN Service with bear puns included

Publié le 31/07/2019

Best UI in a VPN Client, Easy to use and fast to connect, if you're an advance user some options will not be available and you cannot go wrong with this one.

Avantages

It was really easy to use and setup, the UI was excellent, variety of countries to use, it connected really quick, and the price is right.

Inconvénients

Lack of advance options in comparison to PIA and that McAfee acquired them about 2 years ago, for some people that might be bad but the product itself it's been amazing and you cannot torrent with it.

Juan Carlos

• Support client

I am in Venezuela and anywhere thanks to this application.

Publié le 17/07/2018

Avantages

Many applications where you work on the Internet are full of Venezuelan participants due to the economic situation that crosses the country, so many times I wanted to enter these pages and to identify my IP reject me alleging that Venezuelan quotas are full, but They invite us to change the IP to be part of their team, that's why I started using TUNNEL BEAR, because it allows me to change my IP in an easy, fast and virtual way without having to download any application, just open an account in the page, it is programmed and instantly my IP changes, I think it's great.

Inconvénients

I have no disadvantages that adding the application works for the purpose I need it, I consider it very good and I recommend it.

Warren
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation

Best VPN Software

Publié le 11/12/2021

I use TunnelBear VPN when I am connected to public WiFi network and also when I am doing online shopping to mask my IP address. It allows me to unblock Geo restricted content and provide unlimited bandwidth for premium users

Avantages

TunnelBear VPN is simple and easy to use. It allows for Auto connect to WiFi or Mobile network and have more than 30 servers worldwide

Inconvénients

There is nothing about this software that I dislike

Eitan
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Easy to set up and download

Publié le 22/06/2022

Avantages

TunnelBear is really easy to connect to, set up on your computer and download.

Inconvénients

Unfortunately, TunnelBear doesn't have servers everywhere, even in big countries or cities

Harshad
Harshad
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

A Simple VPN Service !!

Publié le 10/10/2019

i am web designer and using this since last 3 years and it always works for me for accessing blocked website from my ip or sometime it works for me when hosting providers blocked my ip due to security purpose

Avantages

Its very easy to install, no more technical knowlege require to install, mutliplaform supported like ios, android, macos and windows.
You can quckly switch to another country easily while browsing .
Sometime Specific Websites are blocked in specific countries so using tunnelbear you can easily access those websites by switching to another country.

They also gives some free MB occationally,

Inconvénients

Free space is limited they should give some more free space.
i am free user of tunnelbear so there are no more drawbacks as per my opinion.

Fotios
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Tunnel bear is the definition of "what you see is what you get"

Publié le 04/01/2023

Overall, it does what you expect it to do without issues.

Overall, it does what you expect it to do without issues.

Avantages

It's easy to use and it does what it's supposed to do fast. Good VPN service.

Inconvénients

There is only one drawback to it and that's that when you are using the free version, you get 500mbs per month and they go by fast cause it's easy to forget the app turned on.

Barış
Barış
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits chimiques

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Sweet bear makes your surfing better!

Publié le 16/09/2019

To be honest, in a countries like I born, which has a lot of internet bannings it is very usefull app to have free surfings on the internet. It makes your internet life faster and secure.

Avantages

Before we talk about the features of the app, I would like to say it has the best user interface compared to other VPN apps on the market. That digging bear makes feel user much better while connecting to the other worlds.
Other than our sweet hero, I would very satisfied with the quickness of the app while connecting. It only takes few seconds to connect VPN's. It also provides free data for sharing a tweet for the app, which makes it very user friendly.

Inconvénients

The app gives error and you need to restart the app if you try to change your VPN few times in a short time (like 4-5 times in a minute), altough I was a premium user. Other than this I can not really see a bad point of the app.