Vimeo

Une solution d'hébergement, de téléchargement, de diffusion en continu et de partage vidéo

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

860 avis

Michael
  • Secteur d'activité : Production audiovisuelle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Vimeo pro is more than a video hosting platform

Publié le 11/01/2022

I've used Vimeo for a few years now and it has greatly increased my business's professionalism on my videos and how clients and potential customers can view and interact with my videos.

Avantages

Vimeo Pro is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of great features. You have 7TB of space to upload videos, you have great tools to control where your content can be viewed and saved, there are review tools for client videos , online video creation tools and a video capture plugin for your browser so you can make your own screen capture videos. There's also access to live stream studio, which is professional level streaming software.

Inconvénients

It is expensive if you're not using all of the tools regularly. The cost comes out to $75/month which is much more expensive than 'free' which is what hosting videos on YouTube would cost.

Wistia et YouTube

Pourquoi passer à Vimeo

The main reason that made me use Vimeo Pro is that I needed a good live streaming tool for streaming events.
Anna
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Professional and easy to understand

Publié le 20/12/2022

Overall, I think Vimeo enhances professionalism if you work with video for a living.

Avantages

Vimeo's features are top notch. I love the download feature, personalized password for private videos, and screen capture options. Interface is professional and easy to understand.

Inconvénients

The subscription is a little off-putting since you can still get by without the premium features, however they are very helpful options when video sharing (in my case, I use them for auditions to casting directors). Also heard the download option is not available on the app.

Farid

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

They provide false information and hope you don't churn

Publié le 16/11/2021

Avantages

Easy to use and reliable. We haven't had any technical issues in years

Inconvénients

It is really annoying that they refuse to send receipts via email, even though they say they will. This is a cheeky way to reduce their churn.

Pourquoi choisir Vimeo

Honesty is important for us

Logiciel antérieur

Julia
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

Video Sharing Platform-Great for Training Employees

Publié le 05/10/2022

Avantages

We like that we can upload videos and password protect them for only our employees. It makes it very easy for us to upload training resources for our employees to watch where ever they are. The editing tools are also very user friendly.

Inconvénients

The monthly cost is a little high for our uses but it is one of the lower price points in this arena.

Pourquoi passer à Vimeo

Restrictions and password protection was best on Vimeo for the price point.
Brian
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Vimeo- My Honest Review

Publié le 06/12/2022

Amazing software, it doesn't disappoint.

Avantages

Uploading the videos and having to host them easily and plug them in to other websites like wix and others is honestly the best features of a software you're ever going to get.

Inconvénients

I don't like that my users cannot download the video easily on my site.

Anas
  • Secteur d'activité : Art

Review for Vimeo

Avantages

i like that is world wide and have a lot of users on it and its like a gallery for all of your work.

Inconvénients

i wish its gonna be profitable too and people could earn money from it.

Kolin
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Vimeo Review

Avantages

Using the copyright free music has been a huge help, without it our videos would be very bland

Inconvénients

Integrating to YouTube can be a hassle sometimes

Lindsey
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant Essai gratuit

Good Video Sharing Option

Avantages

I like that I can easily edit and share on many platforms.

Inconvénients

It’s not as widely used as YouTube, so clients aren’t as apt to open my videos.

tebogo
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

Vimeo

Publié le 14/12/2022

Doesnt have ad

Avantages

It is easy to make videos and capture

Inconvénients

We do not have issues with it except the graphics

• Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great Alternative to other video hosting

Avantages

We utilized Vimeo as an alternative to hosting videos on youtube and it was very user friendly.

Inconvénients

We didn't run into any issues using Vimeo.

Kristie
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

From Youtube to Vimeo Pro!

Publié le 30/04/2021

I used to get paid by YouTube back in 2015 but I had signed up for Vimeo Pro for free. I do personally like the platform on Vimeo better than YouTube and Vimeo feels more hip and young. It is for those who are into high resolution graphics and videomaking. It is not like YouTube where the videos are created from smartphone tools. It is for professional videomakers, animators, and motion graphics artists. It is the main reason why I joined Vimeo Pro, but now, it is turning into a career.

Avantages

My company is focused on creating graphic designs and motion graphics to promote my artistic products, and Vimeo Pro is the perfect way to make my products promoted online. During the pandemic, I was furloughed from my employer so I decided to use my time to promote my online business. I had it established in 2015 but I was working for my employer for the last four years and did not have time to make proper sales. Instead of just sales, Vimeo Pro has helped me create an online community for those interested in my brand. It has been a lot of fun and the features on Vimeo Pro always excite me.

Inconvénients

My least favorite feature is the high costs involved in maintaining my online presence on Vimeo Pro. MY favorite feature is the videomaking tool which I do have to pay a monthly subscription for, but there are so many costs involved. It was like starting my own channel by paying Vimeo to keep maintaining my videos. It has been an expensive journey for me as a member of Vimeo Pro.

François
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

Can't live without it!

Publié le 03/03/2022

I have been using Vimeo Pro as my video storage go to site for almost a decade. No problem whatsoever.
Easy to use. Very secure.

Avantages

Very easy top upload video
Search tool is excellent
Very rapid processing of video
Nice features to edit the player.
Great storage capacity.

Inconvénients

Frequent changes in the user interface. Sometimes I look for my regular actions and the site has changed.
I do not use the upload feature directly form my computer ...the web site functions much better.

César
  • Secteur d'activité : Matériel informatique

A good alternative

Publié le 20/05/2022

Vimeo is a good platform for videos, it has its flaws, but it is a good alternative, you have a lot of freedom to create and view content, in addition, the quality of the videos is good and its editor is excellent.

Avantages

Vimeo is a platform that allows you to watch videos of all kinds, it is usually much more flexible with its creators, they have more freedom to create content on Vimeo than on YouTube, for example. Video editing on Vimeo for creators is quite fast and efficient, its editor is very simple but very useful. The video quality is quite better than other platforms like Dailymotion.

Inconvénients

The interface could be much better, it does not attract or encourage you to continue using the program. The mobile version works very slowly and has problems loading videos. The number of users is very low compared to its competition.

Braden
  • Secteur d'activité : Machines
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Better for Controlling Content

Publié le 15/03/2021

Overall, I think this is a great video service for professional organizations. I believe other platforms such as YouTube, DailyMotion, or Vevo all have value adds but where Vimeo Pro steps in is the ability to control your content. Additionally, it allows you to connect those additional accounts to provide more outlets for content if you so choose!

Avantages

The biggest value add we see in Vimeo Pro is the ability to control the display of your content. Vimeo Pro has a number of customizable sharing features that are much more specific than competitor sites such as YouTube. With Vimeo, any video material that might be sensitive we can control linkage and who sees it, even going as far as to allow for password protecting specific videos. We do share some proprietary media, and being able to house the finished product in the cloud and share with intended parties, thus keeping our hardware less cluttered, is awesome. Additionally, Vimeo Pro HAS NO ADS! That goes a long way to having a more professional presentation to embedded and linked videos.

Inconvénients

Although we are pro users, we did not start out as such. The biggest issue is now mute, but that in order to facilitate live events you have to be a pro user and there are paid tiers below that. YouTube offers streaming and the ability to go live as a free service for all members with an account. On Vimeo, I have to be a pro user in order to access more than the demo of the live service. Again since it is a much more controlled platform that is not necessarily a glaring objection given accessibility is the greatest competitive advantage Vimeo has, however in 2021 this seems like something that should be a native open source feature more than reserved strictly for pro members.

Matthew
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Use more for storage and review that sharing

Publié le 21/10/2022

The main reason we chose vimeo over youtube is the clean look for hosting videos, no ads on our video and minimising the risk to our organisation and internal reviewing. I would love to have better support from vimeo in promoting our videos.

Avantages

For the price Vimeo gives small busniness will a few people working on video content a good platform to upload, store and review footage. We use vimeo review daily to mark up and give feedback on edits - and I really love the clean look of vimeo when sharing and embedding videos. Ad free experience is also a bonsu

Inconvénients

It seems very hard to get people to view your videos from within vimeo. The community is lacking and the internal sharing of content on vimeo is poor. I'd love to be able to get more eyes on our content and I think vimeo should be doing some of the lifting here.

Tibor

Vimeo for professionals

Publié le 07/10/2022

The reason we love Vimeo is because of its flexibility over many of the other popular video sharing online programs such as YouTube who is very restrictive in content. Vimeo is recommended but it's best for professionals.

Avantages

Vimeo is less restricted in what kind of videos are posted on your account than some of the other popular sites such as YouTube. Vimeo is more specialized for professionals therefore you can share videos among other professionals as well as you can get in tough with other professionals. It has a free version but with limited storage and a paid service with unlimited.

Inconvénients

It is kind of expensive to use if you have higher volume content, free service only allows certain total size storage per month

Brent
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Amazing for what it does. Few rival it.

Publié le 15/02/2019

Avantages

We've used Vimeo Pro and Vimeo Plus plans for many years. Super customizable for embeds on sites and great stats.

Inconvénients

1) There is no customization on ALL player controls or colors in embeds, just most. If you want an auto-play video with no progress bar or overlays, look elsewhere.

2) They abide by strict DMCA copyright rules. If you have a video flagged as copyrighted 3 times, you are banned. We had 2 violations at the same time from another user due to an old ex-employee re-uploading a file for internal use and making it public. We then (like 7 years later) got flagged for a song or something and were told we had a few days of read only access to download nearly a decade's worth of content before they deleted it. WHAT?!?! No appeal process or anything. No phone number. We sent an email (the only option) which was ignored. We finally found someone on the phone who seemed surprised we had found them and managed to find out how to get one of the originally DMCA complainants to remove their complaint. Now we live on a "1-strike and we lose it all" reality. Whiff. Seems there should be some method of complaints expiring after so many years or something to avoid punishing long time users at the same rate as new users. We could open a new account, but we'd lose thousands of videos we've created. How is that fair? I get copyright protection and all, but youtube's approach is more civil.

Marcio
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Very flexible and reliable platform

Publié le 30/04/2020

After months I'm still eventually learning new tricks and better/faster ways of sharing and releasing videos, but it gets easier every time. The whole idea of having my personal "me-flix" where people can sub and watch my content on my personally branded website without being another "youtuber" inside Google's YT framework is awesome. If you're reading this, give it a try, just remember that any professional videos shared on plans below PRo (Basic, Plus) are against the terms of service and will eventually lead to account suspension/content removal, but if you plai fair, it's an awesome place to be!

Avantages

Although the Basic free plan has some limitations regarding the amount of videos you can upload or keep stored, the platform is good to share personal videos. (digital influencers, former youtuber should look for the PRO plans and up). Besides that, the platform is not cluttered with ads and doesn't force you to link to any other services from Google.
If you want to have your own professional video repository and turn videos into a reliable and solid video platform, look no further. The Pro and Business plans have a plethora of features such as embedding, watermarking and even an easy to setup subscription service to your customers that can let you fully customize your interface in a way that people will have a hard time finding out they're accessing Vimeo and not your custom built streaming platform.

Inconvénients

Vimeo could have an easier way to migrate/import videos from youtube, twitch / other platforms. But that is due to the learning curve required since it's a different UI from what people are used, but that is not really a bad thing. It just takes you out of your comfort zone for a moment.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

While cheaper options are available - Vimeo is tops in ease and quality!

Publié le 12/12/2017

Avantages

Vimeo's paid offerings make it easy to upload, share, and manage large video libraries at the highest quality. It's the de-facto standard for digital screener sharing in the independent film and television sector.

The admin and features are very easy to understand - and we've had no trouble training non-technical staff to set up even complicated videos with unusual combinations of security permissions.
They have robust support for privacy control, embedding, subtitling and other accessibility features.

As a major platform, most major encoders come pre-set with optimized profiles, and (in most cases) automatic upload functions available.

Inconvénients

The paid offerings can sometimes be a difficult sell for very small companies/individuals as there are few services that Vimeo offers that can't be replicated by completely free alternatives (mostly via YouTube) - but the high quality and ad-free experience is often worth it.

David
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

A reliable choice for professional video hosting / storage

Publié le 09/01/2022

Avantages

We create a fairly large volume of training / tutorial videos for our customers. These need to be privately hosted and secured and shouldn't be available for general consumption. Vimeo has been the perfect tool for us to do this.

It works very well, has a robust API we were able to integrate directly into our software and it's comforting to know we are paying for this service so can expect it to be there and reliable.

We had previously used private Youtube Videos for this function, and Youtube randomly deleted our account one day with no explanation or option to appeal. This created a massive amount of work for us to rebuild the links and sparked the search for a paid platform.

Inconvénients

I honestly can't think of a single problem we've had with Vimeo. It works, it's reasonably priced and has filled a real need for us.

Mike

Vimeo Pro The Best On The Market

Publié le 28/01/2019

Vimeo Pro is the perfect tool to use to have clients or a specific audience focus on a specific video without being inundated with ads for other products that can cause loss of interest or direct focus to another product. Vimeo Pro has the highest quality video and gives an extremely professional approach to your audience. I have used Vimeo Pro for years and find it easy to use and integrates with all platforms. Analytics, security, hosting, management and storage all of the highest quality. I would sincerely recommend Vimeo Pro as it has been the successful choice for us.

Avantages

No ads play before the video unlike Youtube which has become saturated with ads. Videos easily embed into websites, email, or social media. This is the highest quality video product on the market.

Inconvénients

Vimeo does not have the search engine force of Youtube and unfortunately does not play within an email but opens in a new window. Hopefully something can be done about the latter.

Benjamin

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A linchpin for my business

Publié le 14/05/2018

Avantages

So many pros to list here. My favorite features are the reviews page. Giving a private link and allowing clients to make notes at specific times in the video has been hugely helpful. The ability to replace the video while maintaining the same URL is also amazing, and very helpful when managing videos linked to all kinds of sites. All the privacy options makes it easy to manage a huge portfolio. The albums feature makes it easy to organize large video lists into sections. Being able to allow downloads makes this the best platform for working with clients from start to finish. Can't praise Vimeo enough. Vimeo > Youtube

Inconvénients

Occasionally, the upload will fail and replacing the video will not work, making it necessary to start over with a fresh link.

David
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

My highest recommended video tool

Publié le 03/10/2018

Stellar. Highly recommended. Essential is you need secure hosting for videos

Avantages

Vimeo is a great video hosting platform for the cost. It has rich features inclusion very good embedding tools and stellar security. It provides good analytics on your video usage. All for a really good price.

Every uploaded video is split into multiple versions so your user will have the best option displayed based on their device (why download a 1920x1080 video on a phone?).

And it is intuitive. I unleashed this to a product development team at a software company and inside of 6 months they added over 500 videos to train customers and embed in our help system and training portal.

Inconvénients

The one thing that vimeo doesn't have that YouTube does is auto generating CC.

Vikas
  • Secteur d'activité : Automatisation industrielle
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Vimeo is the best platform to publish videos for mature audience

Publié le 14/02/2021

It provides good security to your videos. You can protect your videos with password, put restrictions on downloading and you can also restrict commenting on your videos well. Apart from all of the superior authoring features, stats that it provides are also amazing.

Avantages

Vimeo has mostly grown-up audience and the comments or opinions we get are genuine. It has zero adds because the core of their business isn’t generating revenue through adds. You get uninterrupted video watching experience on Vimeo which is their USP. You would not be bombarded with unwarranted adds every now and then. Videos can be easily downloaded. And when it comes to uploading or publishing videos on Vimeo, you can always make changes and repost any video anytime. And the best thing is that you will still have the access to all statistics and comments etc even if you have made changes to any of your published videos. Vimeo would also not put your videos out of action.

Inconvénients

Apart from not having huge audience like alternatives have, it is way better in all aspects.

• Secteur d'activité : Institutions religieuses

It just plain works!

Publié le 25/04/2019

Vimeo has given my church a wonderful place to host our service videos as well as special video projects. It’s a clean, sleek, and professional environment that doesn’t have the distractions of YouTube. It’s simple to share or embed Vimeo videos, and it works great every time! It just plain works. And their customer support is stellar! I’ve only had to contact them on a couple different occasions in the five years I’ve been using their service, but they were great both times! I would recommend Vimeo to anyone. YouTube is free, but if you have it in the budget, Vimeo is the better option.

Avantages

I love the simplicity that Vimeo has engineered into the backend of their platform while maintaining vast customization options. Everything is easy to find, easy to learn, and easy to customize. It’s very user-intuitive and you can tell a lot of thought and effort has gone into making it that way.

Inconvénients

The search feature on the front end has much to be desired. I’ve never really been able to get the hang of it. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but it doesn’t seem nearly as effective as YouTube’s searching, for example. In the very least, it’s not as user-intuitive.