43 avis

Automox

Plateforme basée sur le cloud pour la gestion des correctifs

4,7 /5 (43 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
98% des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
43 avis
Nathan K.
Traduire en français

Finally a software deployment tool that just works

Publié le 18/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We had a very successful POC which showed how much time we would be saving using their platform.
Automox can automatically deploy patches endpoints need for OS or third-party applications.

I'm also very excited about the features they will be adding to their platform.

Avantages

I love how responsive the product is for being agent-based.

Multi-platform support makes it easy to use one product for your patching and software deployment needs.

Automatic scanning which uncovers which patches are needed for installed applications/OS.

Their live dashboard makes it easy to determine the level of compliance.
Their built-in live chat makes it easy to connect with Support to resolve issues.

Inconvénients

Their current reporting makes for troubleshooting deployment issues difficult sometimes but their support is top-notch and I've been told this is being addressed as is on their roadmap.

Réponse de Automox

Thanks for the great review, Nathan! We're glad to hear you're having a great experience with Automox. Reporting updates are absolutely on the roadmap. Stay tuned for exciting reporting updates coming soon!

Mike M.

Automox

Publié le 03/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Outstanding. Product has done exactly what is advertised (patch management) at a fair price. Support has also been great for the few times I had needed to reach out. They stayed on top of the ticket until it was resolved.

Avantages

As a very small department with hundreds of computers with various software packages installed, I needed a way to top-down see the patch cadence. Automox was quick to deploy and quick to start getting results that I could take action on.

Inconvénients

The core patch anagement features are great, but since there's an agent there may be some additional capability that could be added: Send message to user, shutdown computer, uninstall software, etc.

Réponse de Automox

Thanks for the review Mike! We do actually have the ability to do the things you listed in the Cons section using the Worklets feature. Check out the Worklets category on our community where we have Worklets to send messages, shut down computers and remove unwanted software. If you need help getting a Worklet written to accomplish a task, please reach out to us and we're happy to help.

Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

Did not work correctly.

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 04/12/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Could not get this to work effectively even on just two windows servers, contacted support and got an initial response but nothing more.

Looks nice and would be a good solution if it worked, it just seems unfinished and flaky.

I suspect you need to enable a firewall rule for 3rd party updates to work ( suspect the same for Linux) .

Avantages

Looks nice, works fine with Linux ( as long as firewall is set up)
fairly simple setup.

Inconvénients

Did not pick up that our 2008 test machine had not patched in 2 years.
Did not show all the "Supported" 3rd party software.
No Logs.
Did not have any info on updates not applying.
Policies did not seem to apply correctly.
Still requires WSUS( or risk using online windows updates which kill bandwidth)
No Linux Onsite Cache

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 2.0/10

John P.
Traduire en français

Streamlining and simplifying our patching strategy in a "Do More with Less" world.

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 18/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Automox has significantly reduced our time it takes to patch our systems. We also are patching additional risks that were difficult to cover with other products. The result: A better security position for the company based on the risk reports we present to our executive leadership and risk committees.

Avantages

This product is easy to configure, distribute, and use. It has cut down our patching cycle significantly, plus it doesn't require babysitting like many other solutions on the market. The biggest "like" though is that it has significantly reduced the risk of our company based on the reports we run from our vulnerability scanning.

Inconvénients

UI continues to need some improvement; however, they do publish updates regularly.

Réponse de Automox

Thanks for the great review, John! Time to patch is a critical metric we believe more organizations need to understand and act on to ensure they're reducing security gaps. We agree that the UI needs some attention, and we've been actively working on some pretty cool updates. Stay tuned!

Abhilash R.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Perfect for mixed environments

Publié le 18/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I wish I had signed up for Automox earlier. It has reduced my department's overhead regarding maintaining updates quite a bit.

Where to start --
> Easy deployment
> Can be used as a basic inventory management system
> Integrates with Crowdstrike Falcon
> Windows computers no longer need to be in the network to receive updates from the server
> Can be used to replace Jamf for Macs since this handles Mac updates as well
> Other than OS updates, Automox updates many apps like Adobe, Zoom, Webex as well
> Excellent admin interface and dashboard

Inconvénients

Not necessarily a con, but I would like a note/remark option under each computer so that I can add notes or encryption keys

Corey D.

Possibilities are endless - Not just an update platform

Publié le 29/05/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's been a delight working with the software and the Automox team themselves. They're a great bunch that truly understands the needs of their customers.

Solid A+

Avantages

Windows Updates were our only priority when finding a solution, but once I realized the potential of what they had on their roadmap... I was hooked. Windows Updates/Software Patch Management/Custom policies/Reporting/Live dashboard.... It is a hefty tool that I plan to take advantage of as long as possible.

They're always improving and adding features, and they take customer feedback very seriously. I've seen features fixed/updated or even features I've suggested on their roadmap within a week of discussing.

Inconvénients

Originally, dashboard performance was hit/miss. It has improved a lot since then, and they're still working on further improving performance.

Réponse de Automox

Thank you so much for the feedback, Corey! We appreciate the grade on our work and are excited to hear your experience has been excellent! We are constantly improving performance and are glad to see you noticed as well as the features we add. We're excited for the future and to work more with happy users like yourself.

Manoj M.
Secteur d'activité: Services d'information
Traduire en français

Simple software that continues to get better

Publié le 23/09/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The software is simple and rollout is seamless, the console ensures we know whats going on for updates on our inhouse and cloud servers, this relieves a lot of manual work which we used to do on the boxs to keep them upto speed with windows updates.

Avantages

Constant upgrades, good service and clear communication.

Inconvénients

Lack of formal inventory planning, they are getting there but I dont think its a priority yet, however at the print point automox is a great value.

Tina B.
Secteur d'activité: Banque
Traduire en français

Program updating made easy!

Publié le 22/05/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The interaction is the Automox customer service is great; any question I have had has been answered quickly and concisely.

Avantages

The Automox program has made my life so much easier. The installation and set up process is extremely easy; once you add your servers and workstations, set up groups and assign the IP addresses to the group, you are finished. The reporting is easy and clear and the notification process is as easy as checking a box and reading the email!

Inconvénients

I have not found any cons. My experience with Automox has been wonderful.

Réponse de Automox

Thank you so much for the great review, Tina!

George T.
Traduire en français

Great product. Easy to use and deploy. Phenomenal Customer Service.

Publié le 25/01/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Automated patch management for my end-users. Peace of mind for my team and I knowing that we do not need to manual patch systems.

Avantages

Organization deployment is quick and painless. Current UI is lightyears ahead of the previous version which makes navigation easy and logical.

Inconvénients

Small UI quirks here and there. Scheduling is not as exact as I would like. All of which is on their road map.

John K.

Great patching solution

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Automox has been great in terms of support, billing, new features, etc.

Avantages

It is web-based and easy to use. Login, review or kick-off a patching cycle and that's that!

Inconvénients

Hmmm, that is a tough one. I think all patching software has problems getting all of the patching done so there still is some manual intervention, but a small percentage.

Réponse de Automox

Thanks for the great review, John!

Danny R.

Awesome product

Publié le 26/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Automox is the first patch management software I've used that I can trust to get the job done without babysitting. That said I did take 4 months of babysitting to prove to myself that I can finally relax, a little, and not worry about the job getting done.

Avantages

Fast, Reliable, easy to configure and very easy to use.

Inconvénients

The only issue I've seen so far, not really a problem just an annoyance, is when you sort by "Group Membership" it sorts the pages separately instead of truly sorting by the column. Like I said, just annoying.

Réponse de Automox

Hi Danny! Thank you for your awesome feedback. We hear on you on your frustrations with around group membership sorting have it on our roadmap to solve! Glad to hear you like our product and it's very easy to use!

Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur

Game Changer!

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I found Automox at a conference and purchased about two weeks later. The team has been great to work with and stayed in touch, unlike so many others that disappear into the night after the PO is signed.

Avantages

It took me nearly 20 years in I.T. to finally find a patch/update solution that I liked and that actually worked. In most simple terms...Automox just works! Setting up Automox itself was trivial. Installing the client is one of the easiest clients. After that...check in periodically, approve patches, and rest easy...because for once you know your systems are actually patched. Plus you have reporting for management without any extra effort.

Inconvénients

It needs to grow more. Right now it still doesn't support 100% of our software, including some heavily used well-know titles. Support for other software needs to grow by at least 10x if it's going to have a chance to succeed. The software deployment piece also has some kinks to work out.

Réponse de Automox

That's for the great feedback! We agree that supported software needs improvement and are actively working on it! If you're open to it, please send our Support team (support@automox.com) the software titles you would like to see as it can help us prioritize our list.

David T.
Secteur d'activité: Formation professionnelle et coaching
Traduire en français

Cloud based patch management ideal for multi-site and remote users

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have seen a big improvement in patching remote systems and laptops over the last two years. The cost involved with Automox is offset by the time that would have been wasted on WSUS and the non-profit discount is a great help.

Avantages

The software is simple to deploy and requires little attention once installed, but ensures excellent endpoint visibility. If you consider patching to have the same importance as endpoint security, you need a tool like this to see the patch status of your endpoints and servers.

Inconvénients

You need to remember to delete retired endpoints from the console.

Réponse de Automox

Well stated, David! Thanks for your input and we agree the retired endpoints reminder is a great idea. We will add that to some other discussions around our roadmap.

Brendan O.

Trifecta - Mac, Windows, Linux management

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Even though it is new, I am impressed. Any new start up would be crazy not to give this tool a look. Any IT shop that is cross-platform should give them a try too.

Avantages

The requirements of my management tool were hard to fill: support the 3 major OS client flavors, be run as an SaaS offering, and it must not depend on Active Directory. I was surprised to find all 3 requirements were near impossible to find, heck even 1 of the 3 was a challenge, 2 seemed impossible. Then I stumbled on Automox - all 3 boxes checked. The test drive was simple - and powerful. The tool is fast too! Once a client is installed it is mere moments until a complete hardware/software inventory is reported in the console, and policies are ready to be deployed. Need software to go out to a Macbook, Windows laptop, and Linux rig? It can do all three.

Inconvénients

The solution is new - and still working on features. It isn't buggy as you might expect, but it lacks great reporting, and a few features I would love to see. However they do respond to requests, and they do share their roadmap with customers. So I know some of the drawbacks are already on the way to improvement.

Réponse de Automox

Thank you for the feedback, Brendan! We're excited for the future of reporting among other areas we're focusing our efforts this year.

Daniel G.
Secteur d'activité: Musées et institutions

Simple and Stable Patching Solution

Publié le 14/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great, zero complaints. Support has been excelent, the one time I needed to contact them (which was due to my lack on knowledge rather than an actual issue.)

Avantages

Easy UI to Learn, Easy to setup Patching Policies, Easy Install Process, Fast and Knowledgeable Support, Fast UI Load Times.

Inconvénients

Possibly too simple for companies that want more hands-on control with patching.

Réponse de Automox

Thank you for the great feedback, Daniel! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience and see the value of the hands-off approach. As for more hands-on control, we have some features on our roadmap to address this!

Automox - SaaS Patch Management for IT teams

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Due the fact that we have globally multiple locations and are workforce is also remote, Automox solve many issues which we had before to keep our computers up to date and patch against the latest security threats. We had tried few products and none of them was so simple to use, deploy and get to business ion very short period of time for our IT team.

Avantages

Simplicity of deployment, not requirement of long training to get use to it, cross support for Windows/Max and Linux. Ability to patch system that are remote and not physically in the office.

Inconvénients

In beginning there were not many features and no SSO support -- this has been quickly added into the product in very short period of time.

Réponse de Automox

Thanks for noticing our new features, we appreciate it! We have more coming, stay tuned!

Gary D.
Traduire en français

Timely patching, and save time!

Avantages

It reduces the amount of manual work I have to do on users machines to ensure they are patched and up to date. I can easily identify when critical patches come in and inform users what's happening, creating that great user experience.

Inconvénients

The notifications have been slightly problematic for us as users do not know what is updating (on the basic patching licence). Office has sometimes just shut down in the middle of a user doing work. This could be addressed in the full version by creating custom policies for certain high-touch products/software packages.

Reboot notifications could do with being more obvious to the user, who is highly likely to simply click it and not pay attention, though this is not direct failing on Automox's part. A small change in wording may help change the impact ("Install now" vs "Install and reboot")

Réponse de Automox

Great feedback, Gary! Thank you! We're happy we could save you time and keep your machines patched and up to date. As for your thoughts on the notifications, we agree and appreciate your input here. We have notifications on our roadmap and look forward to hearing more from users like yourself down the road.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Traduire en français

Best in market OS agnostic cloud native patch/vulnerability remediation solution.

Publié le 07/03/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Fully solved our need for patching/vulnerability management. Full stop.

Avantages

Automox's laser focus on patching/vulnerability remediation makes beats multifunction competitors who try to do too much and fail in multiple areas. If you're looking for patching stop and try Automox now.

Inconvénients

Reporting has made huge improvements in the last year but still has room for improvement. They're also adding 3rd party software but currently don't have wide coverage.

Darrell Q.
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
Traduire en français

Easy cloud management for updates and patches for OS and software

Publié le 27/09/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Gives us an overview of computer updates and problem computers

Avantages

Easy to deploy with group policy and has an easy to read dashboard that makes it simple to spot problem computers. Supports multiple organizations without having to use different logins

Inconvénients

Takes time to learn the new interface after major updates, does not have an obvious alert when you run out of endpoint licences

Ken S.
Secteur d'activité: Biens de consommation

Made my Job much easier

Publié le 11/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I was using an old Windows Update Server (WSUS) which in itself was a pain, but that only updates windows. Automox updates windows plus all of my other software that I have installed.

Avantages

Easy to use, visibility of the end points status, my auditors loved it

Inconvénients

Nothing really, it is as advertised. It made my job much easier

Réponse de Automox

Fantastic, Ken! It's great to hear that you're job is easier from using Automox. Thanks for the great review!

Shawn K.
Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Traduire en français

Amazing cloud based patching tool

Publié le 30/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Deployed to a mixed Mac/Win shop. Really good initial results. 3rd party app patching is superb..

Avantages

100% cloud-based. Able to adapt quickly. Still growing integrations with other popular MDMs and management tools. 3rd party native app patching is a growing list.

Inconvénients

Needs some more default options around reboots(coming soon) and reporting engine(coming soon).

Réponse de Automox

Thanks for the review Shawn, and it's been great working with you on the Automox community! - Nic

Michael B.
Traduire en français

Great cloud based Patch Management solution for local and remote user devices.

Publié le 06/03/2018

Avantages

I run an IT department that has multiple US and International locations, patch and update management is always a chore across multiple OS platforms.
AutoMox solves this issue for us and gives us great reporting for security, compliance and support needs.

AutoMox has also helped us greatly with new MAC OS X deployments and software compatibility issues that require updates.

Ease of use. Very easy to get up and running in minutes.

I am very grateful for the stability and lack of bugs within the system.

Inconvénients

Lack of SSO, SAML and MFA adoption. With this application having the ability to touch all systems from your company that are added, a better security model for account access is required. A login password only does not cut it these days.

3rd party software list needs growth.

Greg C.
Secteur d'activité: E-learning
Traduire en français

We've been running Automox for a year and have had a great experience.

Publié le 13/09/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We were able to do away with our wsus server and need for a vpn connection.

Avantages

We are a completely cloud based operation so the ability to manage our asset updates via the cloud is amazing.

Inconvénients

Over the past year, we've had lots of issues with the site loading slowly as well as the reporting function needs some work.

Jeff T.
Secteur d'activité: Administration publique

Automox Rocks!

Avantages

Like everything...easy to use, deploy and budget friendly. GREAT customer service!

Inconvénients

Nothing so far :) I've enjoyed using it and hove referred others who were looking for a solid patching solution.

Réponse de Automox

Thanks for the referrals, Jeff! We're always glad to hear your experience with our Support team is excellent.

Josh W.
Secteur d'activité: Mode et vêtements
Traduire en français

Automox is the perfect tool for our patching & inventory needs!

Publié le 25/01/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Security for our PCs, Macs, and Windows-based servers.

Our accounting department likes that I can pull up specific information about users & computers.

Avantages

Ease of use & outstanding graphics for representing the data - those are the 2 things that stand out the most.

This software gives us peace of mind knowing that our remote company-owned devices are being patched. The developers are doing a great job of keeping up with the latest security threats. I love having current threat info easily accessible within the Automox dashboard.

Their tech support is excellent.

Inconvénients

I would like to see more attention given to the 3rd party software deployment policy so the steps involved in creating the policy make the deployment even easier. More compatibility and guidance.