PostgreSQL

4,6 (410)
Donnez votre avis !
Système de gestion de bases de données relationnelles open source

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

410 avis

Jean-Baptiste
  • Secteur d'activité : Services d'information
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Excellent SGBDR gratuit

Publié le 30/01/2024

Avantages

Excellent SGBDR facile d'utilisation et gratuit. Je l'ai utilisé à plusieurs reprises pour des applications web et il m'a donné entière satisfaction. Plus robuste que MySQL, il permet de manipuler des quantités importantes de données assez simplement.

Inconvénients

Aucun inconvénient à déplorer jusque là.

Nairoby
Nairoby

It's free!

Publié le 31/07/2018

In my very particular opinion I feel comfortable working with Postgres for more than 10 years, it is reliable and safe, the best thing is that it is free, which allows you to save on licenses, it is ideal for any type of development. I totally recommend it

Avantages

- Free code database manager, which is not used for licensing.
- Easy to install and configure in any operating system.
- Ideal for relational databases.
- It has a large community in which you can share doubts.
- It is stable and reliable, scalable and secure with the correct user management.
- Can work with small and large databases.
- Handles the SQL language.
- Being free software, it is compatible with several graphic tools that help administration and database design. I particularly recommend working with PgAdmin in its latest version for postgres 9.6.6 onwards.
- Easily works as a cluster, can be configured as active-passive or active-active which improves performance
- It allows to perform maintenance, recovery of databases.
- I have tested the installation and use in Windows 7 operating system and Debian version 6 to 8 and works without problems.
- Likewise I have worked in postgres since its version 8.1 to 9.6.6 and a positive change has been noticed and performance improvements, but I insist on the point at which the databases should be fine designed.

Inconvénients

- Many people declare it as slow in insertions and updates compared to others Managers, however, that will depend on how well designed the database is.
- For some, not having support online or with an official help center can be a big disadvantage.
- It is advisable to have command knowledge to work on consoles and terminals to perform a good configuration

Osman
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés

Postgresql_02-07-2022

Publié le 02/07/2022

Avantages

Postgresql is the best database system to store data.

Inconvénients

The most usaged features is an extensions. I think that this features should include to standard postgresql distribution.

MongoDB et Oracle Database

Pourquoi choisir PostgreSQL

Postgres is fast and great if you design your application correctly.

Oracle Database

Pourquoi passer à PostgreSQL

It is very famous and it has great and large community.
Pedro
Pedro

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

database alternative to mysql

Publié le 26/09/2019

it's a really good database manager, easy to use and the community version is free to use in a commercial environment

Avantages

in general is a good database manager like MySQL you have many functions and one, in particular, the notifications, you can send a notify and it's like a broadcast message, useful for interaction with the backend

Inconvénients

the way how to backup and restore is sometimes complicated, we tried to automatized and sometimes works others not, the same script! and because of that, you can have an empty DB

Powerful database

Publié le 18/10/2020

Excellent database engine with a lof of features and great overall performance. It has a very huge community so you could get help very easily. I'd recommend to use it.

Avantages

Highly recommended. It's the most powerful database engine I ever worked with. It has a lot of features that I used and worked very well: postgis for spatial searches, full-text search, partitions, etc.

Inconvénients

At some point, we start having problems with very slow queries, and after some debugging we discover postgres decided to use the wrong index to perform the query plan. Probably because of bad stats but from time to time the problem happens again.

• Secteur d'activité : Banque

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

PostgreSQL is the best open source database

Publié le 30/01/2020

I used another database for a large Brazilian bank. It was not a free database. The migration was excellent.

Avantages

PostgreSQL has several advantages. It is lightweight and reliable. Search filters are very easy to understand. People who know the basics of the SQL language can do several queries, since PostgreSQL assembles selects. I can change it within the table itself, so I don't need to do the update command. On top of that, it's free and open source!

Inconvénients

Sometimes the connection to the database drops (internal server error 500), and it is necessary to connect again. When the query has many records, the data return is slow. They are the only negative points of this tool.

Abbas Yusufzai
  • Secteur d'activité : Pétrole et énergies
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Postgre SQL.. Best 2D spatial database tool for geologists.

Publié le 05/06/2021

It's a pretty reliable database manager that provides for excellent data management and a very comprehensive security implementation, as well as the installation of procedures that make data integrity easy to maintain.

Avantages

One of the advantages of this manager is that it is simple to install and has a free license for various distributions and operating systems. It also allows you to configure the manager according to the team requirements. Other capabilities include the ability to run read-only queries while in recovery mode. pg-Admin, for example, is a graphical application that allows us to simply administer our database. It is a great resource distribution for complex queries, very adjustable, allowing it to be tailored to the needs of individuals who use it, Allows you to limit the number of incoming connections to avoid timeouts caused by developers.

Inconvénients

Indexing is some times very slow. Also database syncing or importing and exporting database is some time a headache. Apart from that, I don't see any major shortcoming in it.

Sanchit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

One of the best to manage DB connections

Publié le 17/10/2019

Avantages

We have been using this software for a couple of years after we faced a lot of issues and freezes in MySQL. This is comparatively much much more smooth and handles multiple DB connections and inter-switching with no lags or hangs.

Inconvénients

We were more accustomed to the MySQL interface so found a few minor UX improvements that can be done here but overall it's still good.

Nothing but praise for *the* SQL DBMS

Publié le 11/12/2019

We are running tens of Postgres databases and we have no reason to switch.

We are running tens of Postgres databases and we have no reason to switch.

Avantages

It's been reliable beyond all expectations. Put your data in Postgres, you know you'll find them when you need them.

Inconvénients

VACUUMs are a big performance penalty, and the default auto-vacuum settings aren't always optimal for all use cases.

Pourquoi passer à PostgreSQL

It's more performant, stable and has more features.
Maryury
Maryury
  • Secteur d'activité : Banque

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Database Manager PostgreSQL

Publié le 13/09/2018

In my experience using the software I really liked that it allows adding custom functions developed using different programming languages.
The integrity of the data and the referential integrity of the foreign key are maintained. It has allowed me, in an easy and secure way, the asynchronous replication of the databases for an alternative center in case of disasters.

I did not like it is that when I have any doubt about an error presented in the system where the database is working, I can not clarify it because there is no specific place to which, because and com solve the error.

Avantages

PostgreSQL allows to control high concurrency, offering security by domain definitions, who can access the database server, the backup copies of the database can be made completely or only a table, according to the request, restorations and tasks maintenance, in addition to replicate in case of disasters.
It also allows to activate triggers to execute in tables or views in special cases or eventualities.
It has a friendly graphical interface for the administrator, through which they can be done from the creation of the database, to execute query querys and updates of the data, if necessary, you can have details with the status tool of the server referring to the queries that are executed in the DB (if there are locks, duration, etc.).
It allows the development of robust and efficient Databases

Inconvénients

There is no online or telephone support. Only official forums are available where users expose their doubts that other users of the community respond to, ademas it consumes many resources

Rahul
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Quality review of PostgreSQL

Publié le 29/09/2023

Avantages

- Good management of data tables & possibility to have service of multiple Servers

Inconvénients

- Great to improve user interface & SQL query error classification to make easy accessibilities of data.

Aníbal
Aníbal
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

PostgreSQL is powerful and robust, it fits perfectly in large projects

Publié le 07/07/2018

With PostgreSQL I have been able to perform my work satisfactorily on multiple occasions, my bosses and I are happy with the results we have obtained, saving hardware investment costs because we have focused on the database, I hope to have future benefits to the use it in projects for own clients.

Avantages

I really like PostgreSQL I have used it several times for large projects in my previous works and in the current one it is used as a database for the web page of the institution, the power of PL / pgSQL is excellent, it allows me to program commercial layers in the database without any problem this improves the response times of the final applications and allows investments in hardware in the database servers instead of in the application, the management of schemes is perfect. It is important to mention that it is free software that implies having a large database without licensing costs. A feature of PostgreSQL is the multiversion concurrency control that allows transactions consistent with time, which provides great performance advantages. PgAdmin is a graphical tool with which I can manage different databases easily and intuitively, execute SQL statements, as well as create backup copies or perform maintenance tasks. Another thing that I like about PostgreSQL is that it is available for many platforms, it is possible to install it from the repositories of the Linux version that I use. It should be noted that the PostgreSQL user community is one of the most active in the market

Inconvénients

There are some things that I do not like about PostgreSQL, permissions allowance per user can be annoying, I have had to work many times on this and it is difficult, it is also relatively slow when I insert and update small databases. The official support does not have telephone or online support, although there are official forums available where users can express their doubts to which other users of the community respond. The syntax of some of your commands or statements may not be intuitive if you do not have a medium level of knowledge in the SQL language. I have had problems migrating from a PostgreSQL version to a higher one. Compatibility is sometimes relative.

• Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Solid database, but not user (or even admin) friendly

Publié le 25/09/2021

Avantages

It's a solid database tested over the years by half of the world. Whatever features you need it has it.

Inconvénients

You'll often need to Google for the exact command you need to run, the docs are very dry and the syntax is unconventional.

You'll suffer greatly trying to write code to access the database.

If you want to upgrade, scale, or do anything significant with a large production database you're probably best off hiring a specialized consultant - it's risky and not easy.

daniel
  • Secteur d'activité : Informatique et sécurité réseau
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

"PostgreSQL: Ease and Efficiency in Application Development

Publié le 23/10/2023

From the first time I tried this software, I knew it stood out. All my databases now reside in it, not just for its efficiency, but for the sense of security and trust it gives me. Even when running it on less powerful machines, and experiencing some slowdowns, it has always delivered on its promises. I've been with it for nearly 7 months and have no regrets; it's been a solid choice for my projects

Avantages

I started using it because of my university and I was instantly charmed by how user-friendly the software is with its tools. I have two databases and it has never let me down. Its security is good and the information doesn't get lost.

Inconvénients

Throughout my journey with PostgreSQL, I've had moments of love and frustration. While I adore its sturdiness and the features it offers, I've stumbled a couple of times with its performance in specific scenarios. Sometimes, it feels like that reliable old car you know inside out, but occasionally takes a bit longer to start. Despite the minor hiccups, it remains my go-to companion when I want my data to be safe and well looked after

Rafał
Rafał
  • Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Postgresql (psql) is a great way to start with "serious" RDBMS

Publié le 17/05/2022

Postrgresql was a DB engine for our retail stores cashier system. TCO was 20% compared to Oracle (including hardware and support). Fast, flexible and with great support of programming languages, with API compatibility helped us to run a full scale retail chain (16 offline stores) with real time stock management in our online store.

+ scalability
+ SQL compilant
+ security
+ open source (free but not without costs)
+ offers more field types than mysql
+ API compatibility
+ low TCO - cheaper than Oracle (but with similar performance)
+ great programming language support (Python, PHP, C++ etc)

Inconvénients

- free (open source) does not mean witout costs. Sometimes it is very hard to find a specialist that can properly handle PG issues
- not present at most of hosting services (but you can always run a virtual machine on AWS EC2)
- less tools for data manipulation/analysis compared to MySQL

Rajesh
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Review Of PostgreSQL

Publié le 07/07/2021

Overall PostgreSQL best in Market. They have better support and help their customers.

Avantages

The PostgreSQL is best and most powerful RDBMS software in opensource platform. This PostgreSQL better in Data Storage, Data Dedupilication and Data Replication.

Inconvénients

The PostgreSQL need some of security loop holes .

Testing

Evaluation Purpose.
Carlos Hugo Martin

Experience with PostgreSQL

Publié le 25/12/2021

We have used the database for the implementation of reporters in most cases, seeking to remove the load from the main database.

Avantages

It allows me to implement a robust database in a very short time, using a structure very similar to Oracle, in addition to having many tools that allow us to manage the data in the best way.

Inconvénients

There are functionalities that with third-party products can obtain better results.

MySQL et MariaDB

Pourquoi passer à PostgreSQL

Data recovery was more performant for us.
Paul

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The best database offering available

Publié le 04/03/2020

Excellent. The documentation is complete and well-written.

Excellent. The documentation is complete and well-written.

Avantages

PostgreSQL is standards compliant, performant, high-quality, easy to use, well documented, innovative and feature-complete.

Inconvénients

Replication still has a way to go compared to some competing offerings, but additional software can be used to fill in the missing features.

Samuel
  • Secteur d'activité : Télécommunications

Best Relational Database and it's Open Source

Publié le 17/05/2023

I've found PostgreSQL to be a powerfully efficient and secure tool for managing relational databases

Avantages

PostgreSQL excels in its strong documentation, large data handling, and exceptional security.

Inconvénients

Challenges with screen navigation, JSON handling, and data comparison can make it less user-friendly

Prudencia
Prudencia
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche

PostgreSQL Review

Publié le 20/02/2023

Avantages

PostgreSQL is an excellent choice for working with relational databases. After extensive experience with databases, I found that PostgreSQL is one of the most reliable options. It is the preeminent open source SQL system and potentially the best of all, open source or not. PostgreSQL offers both remarkable performance and dependability.

Inconvénients

The SQL syntax for Postgresql was slightly different than what I was used to.

Aekansh
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés

Great SQL db

Publié le 20/10/2019

Avantages

Free and open source database
Ease of scaling the database
Easy to work with date, time and timezone
jsonb type is really great so we don't need to use non relational database like mongodb
fast queries

Inconvénients

I have yet not found a great admin tool for postgres. pgadmin is ok but It is not as good as phpmyadmin or others.

Isak

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Open source relational database with lots of features

Publié le 12/10/2022

Avantages

Open source. Offers a rich set of features and extensions. Available as fully managed database on most cloud platforms.

Inconvénients

Some cases, often involving large sets of data, might require some advanced knowledge in order to run properly/performant.

MongoDB et MySQL
Goran
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Best open source database for enterprises

Publié le 29/09/2022

We use PostgreSQL as RDMS for our custom made solution for customers\projects without dedicated enterprise RDMS.

Avantages

It supports advanced database features like partiotions, scalability, optimized concurrency management, security.
It is offered under MIT-style license.

Inconvénients

It is difficult to troubleshoot PostgreSQL.
Not as widely used as My SQL for example, not as active community

PostgreSQL is more advanced and offers more

PostgreSQL is more advanced and offers more
  • Secteur d'activité : Énergies renouvelables et environnement
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

PostgreSQL Review

Publié le 25/09/2023

I highly recommend PostgreSQL, i have been using it at work and at the university

Avantages

First, it is open source and wildly used database, it is customizable and scalable

Inconvénients

It does not contain a customer service because it is open source but of course you can find ur answers on the internet and platforms

• Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Best SQL for Analytics and in terms of speed.

Publié le 10/04/2019

By using PostgreSQL as backend database for our large applications which uses large amount of data then selling that applications to customers we are getting benefits.

Avantages

PostgreSQL is the best I can say. Its performance is very fast in terms of getting data and inserting data. Means if we are inserting entries in bulk then it would do it in a good speed as compared to other databases. It is very good for Analytics and it has good tooling than other databases. It supported many other features like using of arrays which is not in MySql so I would say it is good database to use to make applications.

Inconvénients

The big disadvantage is it takes more memory than other databases if you have many connections and replication is bit difficult in PostgreSQL which might get easy in future updates else it is a good software.