2 196 avis

Malwarebytes

Un logiciel de cybersécurité pour la détection de menaces au niveau des terminaux

4,7 /5 (2196 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Malwarebytes - The antivirus that we truly need

Publié le 11/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been using Malwarebytes for almost a decade. Since then, i have had no negative reviews for this wonderful tool.
Since its first installation on one of my personal computers, i was able to realize the real benefits of this software, its highly sharp detection allowed me to get rid of threats that were not detected by other antiviruses considered as the best sellers on the market.
For this reason, i did not hesitate to acquire the Malwarebytes premium license, which I have had since 2012. In this long journey with the software, i was able to realize all its capacity, its rapid detection and efficiency, in addition to the excellent blog and "malwarepedia" that is maintained in name of the company that manages the software, explaining the behavior of all types of known viruses and how they affect computers, thus helping to prevent machine infection.
Its protection against any threat found on the internet is wonderful, together with its quick scan to detect any contaminated files that are connected to your machine, make Malwarebytes my number one tool to solve any problem related to scam attempts and fraud on the Internet.
It is with great pleasure that I will continue to renew my license for this incredible software, which surprises me more and more with its capabilities and its assistance.

1 - Friendly interface.
2 - Extremely easy to use.
3 - Detects the most known types of malware found in everyday life, and other less known ones.
4 - Free version with several features.
5 - Different tools for different types of threats.
6 - One of the most reliable and trustworthy antivirus that i've ever used in my life.
7 - Very efficient threat detection.

Inconvénients

1 - After the expiration of the premium version, the free version have fewer scans and lesser threats detections.

Aaron B.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Your Quiet Partner in Cybersecurity

Publié le 26/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Scanning and cleaning for potential malware and other baddies is a breeze with Malwarebytes. When I first began using it years ago to clean viruses from PC's I was impressed by its ability to live up to its claims. Price has not increased measurably making it a great value for what the added peace of mind it offers. As an added perk, I enjoy the periodic e-newsletters the company puts out that provide additional insights on cybersecurity in general.

Avantages

Works efficiently behind the scenes. Scans do not seem to rob your PC of valuable system resources. Exceptional at spotlighting potential cybersecurity issues. Reliable. Automatically updates. The price is absolutely right - especially with a multi-year subscription.

Inconvénients

Occasionally mistakenly flags items from Gmail or Google - if quarantined or deleted while still in-use, your app will crash and you must reload.

Scott F.
Traduire en français

Great overall protection but too many sacrifices

Publié le 14/12/2017

Avantages

There's no doubt that MalwareBytes AntiMalware has been one of the best solutions for removing and preventing malware and spyware on computers. I've been using them for years as a PC Technician, and their utilities have always been a staple in my technician toolbox (flash drive) to repair systems and keep them healthy. The current version of the program, version 3, is much easier to use than ever before and has tons of great features and abilities - and of course, it removes and prevents all kinds of malware just as it always has.

Inconvénients

I was a HUGE fine of prior versions of this software, but the newer version 3 has seen my faith shaken. While the program is still great at removing malware, the realtime aspect of the program is plagued by performance issues. Even using the program in freeware mode without the realtime scanner active, it was still commonplace for me to see active memory usage exceed 500MB routinely. When using the realtime scanner aspect of the premium version, usage would hover around 200MB for a while but eventually, it would balloon out of control to the point where it would consistently use over 700MB at a time until you closed it or rebooted, which would restart the cycle. I found the only way to stop this was to basically shut it down entirely and disable the services, using it as an on-demand scanner only. Because of this, I have stopped recommending it. Simply put - the program is GREAT at detecting and removing threats, however, it has become a resource hog to the point where the system becomes crippled when running the premium version.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Petr V.
Secteur d'activité: Vente en gros
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

Fast malware antivirus

Publié le 31/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been using the program for about 6 years, when our existing Avast antivirus was unable to remove some types of malware. The software is user-friendly for me,, it is very easy to use.

Avantages

Scanning runs extremely fast (test takes less than three minutes) and a nice chain link shows you exactly where the center of the file scan process is.
The antivirus scanner provides a comprehensive scheduling tool for scanning control.
Immediate popup notifications allow you to make quick decisions, and the program itself will offer what to do with the threat.

Inconvénients

The program did not offer enough anti-virus tools before, which has changed since the last version and I have nothing to complain about.

Greg F.

Best Cybersecurity Program for your Device

Publié le 04/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been using malwarebytes since the early days of it's release as a consumer then as I transitioned into a business owner I offer it to all my customers just because it's that good and I don't offer anything that I don't use and trust myself. My experience with MWB the software and the MWB support team has always been well above expectations. fyi i'm neither paid by or work for mwb

Avantages

it's easy on your device performance wise most security programs have a lot of useless processes or unneeded process that just slow a device down malwarebytes does just what it needs to do and does it efficiently.

Inconvénients

there is not much not to like about this software honestly I mean it's had some problems over time and it'll have some bad updates here and there but the team at MWB once notified of a problem gets right on it and fixes it as soon as possible so yea that's about it but that's a normal thing for any software to have glitches but it's how the company responds which is important.

New B.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail

Malwarebytes: Easy fixes

Publié le 09/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My experience with Malwarebytes has been exceptional. It's my go-to program for keeping everything safe on computers. I have been a fan of it for years.

Avantages

I love how Malwarebytes works in the background unintrusively. It has so many features and offers so much security. In a time where new malware is showing up what feels like daily, It makes me feel like my work which can be sensitive is secure. I love the web protection feature, and also scheduling scans after we all finish for the day so no one will be in the way. It's also a great value for all that it does.

Inconvénients

I used the free version for a while. I later switched to the paid version which was a great value and had some features I really use.

Timothy G.
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

Great for Heuristic Malware analysis

Publié le 30/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This is a great and efficient piece of software that does exactly what it says it would do. Just think of it as a supplement to your AV software as that is what it's meant to be. Not a stand-alone AV solution.

Avantages

This software is meant to be used IN ADDITION to your normal, signature-based antivirus. This does a great job at sitting in the background waiting for what may be zero-day attacks. In addition, AV-Test shows that it is getting good at regular AV as well. There is very little resource drain.

Inconvénients

Nothing. There are no false-positives or false-negatives that I know of. The software has been rock-solid for me.

Giovani A.
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

An easy and wise choice for people that want a practical Anti Virus software!

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 13/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is an extremely favorable and reliable experience to try out Malwarebytes if you want to use a good free Anti Virus software. I had to use this program in a low budget personal computer back in the past when I didn't have any money for other programs. To my surprise, Malwarebytes proved to be an extremely efficient tool regarding computer security, providing safety to my data even when I was a free account user. This is a company that i respect and that I can trust, since they can offer a good service even if don't spend a dime there. I even dropped the use of other famous softwares due to the success that I had with Malwarebytes.

Avantages

Good to use even if you stick with the free version and seemed easy to handle in a personal computer. It is a program that does not take a lot to run with a simplified layout and design.

Inconvénients

Many interesting and useful features that could be free are available only if you pay for the full version.

Michael W.
Secteur d'activité: Études de marché

Malwarebytes-better than Norton

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 13/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My overall experience is very pleasant so far with Malwarebytes, and their continued striving to keep our devices safe.

Avantages

I like that there is a free version of this software, but it doesn't feel free. I like that you can remove unwanted or damaged files with the free version. It makes you feel much more confident about a company when they do so much for free.

Inconvénients

I don't have anything negative at this point. The software seems to keep our devices running smooth and without issues.

Michele H.
Secteur d'activité: Appareils médicaux
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

Great Add On Protection

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 28/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

For one of my personal PC's I purchased this as the stand alone protection -- pitting it against a user that definitely likes to live on the risky side. It did an admirable job protecting that system.

Avantages

This is a great program for when you know there's something that has slipped through your defenses and you are having trouble routing it out. There have been several occasions that this program has saved the day.

Inconvénients

I'm not sure it's fair, but like most people I use the bigger brands of antivirus protection and tend to use this as a rescue/extra scan.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10

Traduire en français

Malware bytes from ITpoint of view

Publié le 22/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Malware bytes is a software I know I can count on. When I see results when the scan is finish I do not have to question weather this is legit or not. In my job I have to use only software I can depend on. Malware bytes is that software. Plus the price is great too.

Avantages

I love that is does not constantly have popups all the time. The pop ups it does have are when it needs your attention. Not just annoying pop ups.

Inconvénients

The latest update with the new gui interface and that on install now it requires you to go through a activation process. Before it would install fully and then you can choose to add the pay features and so on. It was easier that way and no I feel like why do I have to go through all these new steps on install.

Kristina B.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

Malwarebytes is dependable

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 19/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have had, overall, a very positive experience with Malwarebytes. I have been using them for years, and I will continue to use this program, until another comes along that is better.

Avantages

User Friendly. It is one of my go to security programs for my business. I find it very user friendly and dependable. When/if Malwarebytes detects malware it quickly quarantines it, which makes it easy to remove for me. It has real time protection that gives me peace of mind when I am working or surfing the net. I like the automatic scan feature. I can set a time for Malwarebytes to scan my computers, everyday. This is essential for a business like mine that deals with sensitive information. I need to know my computers are free from ransomware, malware, and viruses. Lastly, this program is very affordable.

Inconvénients

This isn't a fulblown antivirus program, so I still have to have an antivirus to use in addition to this program. I used to use to the free version on my personal computer and, after the trial is over, the program has a pop up window that tries to entice you to upgrade, that pops up every few hours, everyday, until you upgrade or delete the program. That is annoying.

Julianna J.
Secteur d'activité: Psychologie

Meets My Needs!

Publié le 30/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall my experience with Malwarebytes has been incredibly positive. I often find myself recommending this program to others who struggle with computer security or to those who have hidden malware issues. Malwarebytes helps to keep my personal and business information protected which is incredibly powerful in the world of modern technology.

Avantages

Malwarebytes is a fantastic program that has taught me a lot about the dangers of unprotected information online. This program is free but offers paid features. The program is fast, accurate, and does a deep search into files and registries. Items are found that imbed themselves deep into files that users don't know even exist. Malwarebytes has protected my information in more ways than I realized.

Inconvénients

Malwarebytes sometimes forgets to automatically display the results of the scan. Because of this I often forget to go back and check on the items that are quarantined.

Malwarebytes

Publié le 03/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have used Malwarebytes both in a corporate context and in a home-user context. In all scenarios, it works really well! Malwarebytes does have advanced tools (such as a centralized control panel that can be used on networks). But, honestly, I have never had need to such centralized control. Rather, I have just let Malwarebytes run on each individual computer. The only other supplemental network security I felt was needed is things like content filtering (to prevent computers from going to infected sites to begin with). With a multi-layered solution like this, virus and spyware and malware and ransomeware have just never been a major issue.

Avantages

I like most that Malwarebytes does not require a huge footprint of resources on a computer to run it. Most other anti-virus software that I have used not only protect, but also slow the computer down and cause problems with being over-protective. Malwarebytes just doesn't do this. It provide excellent and reasonable protection and does so in the background almost without having to remember that it is even there.

Inconvénients

There was one time several years ago that Malwarebytes put out an update that, when installed, caused the computer to completely crash. But, shortly after this happened, the president/ceo of Malwarebytes sent out an apology explaining what happened, how it happened, and what steps were being taken to prevent this from ever happening again. True to his work, nothing like this has ever happened again thus far.

Chris B.
Secteur d'activité: Musique

Malware Bytes - Review

Publié le 29/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This program all around is a great solution for individuals or even the more robust enterprise type organizations. I see it being useful a little less the bigger the company just because of the massive IT infrastructure needs and controls grow quite substantially and I don't see that Malware Bytes is scale-able.

Avantages

Malware Bytes has been an essential part of my library for 5 or so years. The software is easy to use and is quite effective at hunting down and removing/islolating any malware that has found its way into your system. You can configure it to be on all of the time or you can make regular routine scans automatic. The program can run in your systray with an icon that makes it easy to dig into stored by your clock on your main toolbar (if you so choose). From there you can access a whole list of features ranging from the initial dashboard with web, exploit, malware, and ransom ware protection - which you would expect. Where the program goes above and beyond is in your ability to drill down into individual programs to specify how the files will be handled, the scheduling functionality, memory behavior, java and program behavior features. This truly is an all encompassing tool that is pretty essential for protection.

Inconvénients

I'm not a fan of the subscription models that programs run with these days. Most companies offer you an either or where with Malware Bytes they moved away from that model to strictly subscription based....which almost earned it a spot in my trash - if the program wasn't as effective I would have opted out a long time ago. I've been willing to tolerate the subscription for that service but would move to another if an equal quality non-subscription base was an option.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Bradley C.
Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion
Traduire en français

Malwarebytes is a must have program for any compute!

Publié le 15/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

it has been absolutely amazing and I would not recommend any other product

Avantages

I just works, I have been using this product for many years and not one time have we had any issues with malware or ransomware. The proof is in the results. I have tried other anti-virus programs that offer malware protection but Malwarebytes just does it best.

Inconvénients

I wish it would run the scan automatically with having the free version, but I guess you pay for convenience.

Christopher B.
Secteur d'activité: Cabinets médicaux

Simple, Yet Effective and Powerful Anti-Virus Software

Publié le 19/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I first discovered Malwarebytes years ago when my computer got a nasty virus that pretty much made my computer non-functional. I got a recommendation to download Malwarebytes while in safe-mode. I followed the advice, downloaded the software and Malwarebytes quarantined all of the bugs and malware attacking my computer. I had tried other softwares to fix this problem and had no luck. Malwarebytes had my computer virus-free and back to normal quickly. Shortly after, I purchased the paid version of the software and have used it and recommended it to everyone I know. We even use it at my dental office.

Avantages

The price! The value and price for this software is exceptional. This software is such a high quality product that is so much more affordable and than its competitors. This software is straight and to the point. A super simple interface that is very easy to use. Malwarebytes does it's job and it does it very well by quarantining and removing viruses and malware. It scans your computer daily to keep your information and computer safe.

Inconvénients

I have never had any issues with Malwarebytes. I couldn't tell you how their customer service is because I've never had to use it!

Matthew Z.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

Great product

Publié le 24/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Perfect. Even when I lost my account they got it back for me.

Avantages

I was able to get this pro version for a one time fee for up to 3 computers. I love it. I use it along side Ccleaner. I've never had any problems. Easy updates and automatic scannings. I can never tell when it's running a scan because it uses a small amount of processes.

Inconvénients

I don't know anything I don't like about it. I've been using it for 10 years.

Brian K.
Secteur d'activité: Design graphique
Traduire en français

Malwarebytes Premium is well worth the money invested!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 13/09/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Hmm...Malwarebytes Premium is a joy and pain to use sometimes, depending how you look at it. Well, there is fuller assurance in having my computers almost fully protected. However, it can also be tricky to handle, especially when it comes to having MB residing hand-in-hand together with the rest of the users' software in the same computer. One certainly must know how to use it to its fullest potential and advantage in order to really enjoy the usefulness of a malware and Trojan killer such as Malwarebytes. But it is money well spent, in my opinion.

Avantages

Very effective to use, simple interface and easy software to use! Install it and well-assured of protection against harmful viruses and persistent Trojans. It adds another extra layer of protection over the default Windows Defender virus software. Malwarebytes can quickly scan through my PC and laptop for virus treats and quarantine immediately without me having to worry about my files getting infected. The speed at which MB scans is quick enough without having to leave it run in the background. And that's to me is efficient and fast! In addition, it is able to block websites during my online surfing to warn me of potential sites that potentially contain malware or ransomware. You can buy a licence and add up to 10 devices, including Windows and Mac. One can also purchase separately MB licenses for Android and iOS via Google Play Store and Apple App Store respectively. Indeed, this software is a great time saver!

Inconvénients

When such software has gotten much control over our computers, sometimes it can be very intrusive. At some point when I am surfing the web, almost all sites can potentially be blocked by Malwarebytes so much every time I clicked on a link. And that can be very annoying and destroy the joy of a user's experience of surfing the web. Even legal proper sites can be blocked! In that case, I have to manually set exclusions in the software settings to prevent MB from "accidentally" blocking certain sites. Even some software such as ServerPress can get "interfered" from working properly. I certainly did not suspect that until I start to troubleshoot further. Not to mention that MB can be costly to maintain on a yearly subscription basis after having enjoyed the initial discount on the 1st time purchase.

Renee C.
Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Traduire en français

If I had a dollar for every time this product had saved one of my computers, I'd be rich.

Publié le 25/03/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This saves and cleans my computers, all of them, from every beastie out there, and has never failed me, even when every other product has.

Avantages

This software catches and fixes just about everything, including what my antivirus programs won't. It' been around for years, and is reliable. It's cleaned malware and viruses for me that other malware programs didn't, and it's saved me from doing clean ups by hand. I've used their chameleon program to save my laptop when it became infected with a virus that blocked antivirus and malware programs from installing, and cut off my internet access and ability to download fixes. It can protect itself from being uninstalled. And their premium program runs and protects you in real time and is well worth the money. In all the years that I've been running Malwarebytes, I'm not sure that I've ever been successfully infiltrated on a computer that I've had running their premium program.

Inconvénients

The customer service is slow and lackluster. I had to contact them a few months ago about some of my subscription licenses. They took days in between responses, and the responses were not helpful, and the reps closed out my ticket without solving my issue. It took three weeks and multiple tries at contacting them. There is no phone support. When you purchase product licenses, they do not all show up on your account on their website, so you need to be really careful and write down the product keys somewhere and keep them. All that said, that was the first time in probably the better part of a decade that I've EVER had to contact them, so it's generally not at issue. I'm guessing that the employees are all out diligently fighting malware, and not doing customer support.

Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 001+ employés

Malware Bytes Review

Publié le 10/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

it's great to have peace of mind that our systems are protected against malware and ransomware, always finds issues and corrects them have never had any issues whatsoever

Avantages

The best overall advantage of using Malwarebytes is the simplicity of performing routine tasks. and the ease of scheduling tasks.

Inconvénients

Notifications pop up frequently and some of the settings to stop them from comming up can be a bit hard to understand

Secteur d'activité: Pétrole et énergies
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
Traduire en français

great for android, average for pc

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 23/11/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I used Malwarebytes for personal use on android and pc. it was an experience of mixed feelings. While it was perfect for android, it was average for on my Pc.
Overall, it is very effective for fighting malicious files and malware infected systems on both platforms.

Avantages

My first encounter with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was around July 2018 when my Android phone was taken over by a series of malicious malware that turned my phone into an advert box of all sorts. A friend told me he had a similar issue in the past and was rescued by Malwarebytes. I decided to try it out. Luckily, they had the premium version available for a free one-month trial at the time.
I quickly downloaded, registered and did a scan. It was super effective and easy to navigate.
In less than 5 minutes, my phone was cleaned. I was very Impressed and decided to try out the pc version of the software. And frankly, the functionality and effectiveness of the pc version were quite different from the Android version. It was smooth and fluid on my android but I cannot exactly say the same for the Pc version.
The online and real-time scanner notified me of unsafe websites I visited which was good.
Malwarebytes was designed to make you feel secure and protected from some malicious files or sites.
The interface was clean and simple
It performs as advertised. It detects malware and can cleans infected devices.
The paid version can be trusted to protect your pc but at the cost of pc speed during scans.
It was designed to fight malware, it is effective in doing that and should stick to it.

Inconvénients

Malwarebytes software made my pc to lag sometimes at startup.
I felt some functionalities like the Asset policies management to deploy and monitor endpoints were complex and unneeded for personal users. It was complicated for me at least.
I would not recommend it as a standalone antivirus program due to the limitation of it virus scan toolkit.
I still got infected with a Trojan while using the free version.
The pricing can be made more competitive given that it cannot be trusted as a standalone anti-virus.
It should incorporate real-time protection against threats in the free version.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Mark S.
Traduire en français

The one and only malware scan you must use right now

Publié le 23/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Use on most managed machines.

Avantages

It really is the most simple product to use on the market and running a Malwarebytes scan will bring everything to the table where a Norton or similar scan wouldn't be able to find anything near.

Inconvénients

Not too much I can really think of, if put on machine as trial the popup can be rather annoying to pay to upgrade but that really is needed for them to be compensated for the product.

Darryl I.
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Best bang for the buck

Publié le 22/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been using the software for only a few months. But since I've gotten, I've made a pitch to our organization to get rid of everything else and start using this on a more permanent basis.

Avantages

The software is not as invasive like some of the others. You can continue to work while it runs in the background using minimal resources. This is a very good thing so your work process or what ever it is your working on isn't slowed down or completely freezes up. You can schedule a scan or manually activate it you think there may be a virus in your computer. These guys got it right. From scanning to removal its a very fast software and keeps you working at top levels.

Inconvénients

I really couldn't find a con. Even when I thought there would be one when it comes to updating, nope. It automatically updates whenever its activated.

Eoin G.
Secteur d'activité: Santé, bien-être et fitness
Traduire en français

Great tool in a multi-tiered approach to desktop security

Publié le 27/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our small business and family has been using Malwarebytes premium since 2015. If you look at the cost vs the potential "work" hours lost or potential for "ransomeware" attack. We use Malwarebytes as part of a 4 tiered approach: 1. Data backup to multiple locations. 2. Strong AV software, 3 Strong Antimalware software, 4. Regular desktop/laptop Hard disc imaging.
I highly recommend some level of protection and Malwarebytes check all my boxes. As the "Help Desk" for my family, I have purchased licenses to protect them as well.

Avantages

Very easy to install and setup. System runs in the background, does backup scans and on-demand scans of downloads. Has strong anti-ransomeware capabilities. Created by a company with decades in the industry. Group licenses make the software more affordable.

Inconvénients

When there are sites we want to "white list", you can't do it from the warning popup, but instead go into the program and search for the whitelist settings. I'd love to see a "Whitelist for 10 minutes option". We tend to get "false positives" on sites with expired SSL certs.