2 266 avis

Malwarebytes

Un logiciel de cybersécurité pour la détection de menaces au niveau des terminaux

4,7 /5 (2266 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Malwarebytes - The antivirus that we truly need

Publié le 11/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been using Malwarebytes for almost a decade. Since then, i have had no negative reviews for this wonderful tool.
Since its first installation on one of my personal computers, i was able to realize the real benefits of this software, its highly sharp detection allowed me to get rid of threats that were not detected by other antiviruses considered as the best sellers on the market.
For this reason, i did not hesitate to acquire the Malwarebytes premium license, which I have had since 2012. In this long journey with the software, i was able to realize all its capacity, its rapid detection and efficiency, in addition to the excellent blog and "malwarepedia" that is maintained in name of the company that manages the software, explaining the behavior of all types of known viruses and how they affect computers, thus helping to prevent machine infection.
Its protection against any threat found on the internet is wonderful, together with its quick scan to detect any contaminated files that are connected to your machine, make Malwarebytes my number one tool to solve any problem related to scam attempts and fraud on the Internet.
It is with great pleasure that I will continue to renew my license for this incredible software, which surprises me more and more with its capabilities and its assistance.

1 - Friendly interface.
2 - Extremely easy to use.
3 - Detects the most known types of malware found in everyday life, and other less known ones.
4 - Free version with several features.
5 - Different tools for different types of threats.
6 - One of the most reliable and trustworthy antivirus that i've ever used in my life.
7 - Very efficient threat detection.

Inconvénients

1 - After the expiration of the premium version, the free version have fewer scans and lesser threats detections.

Lindsay T.
Secteur d'activité: Logiciels
Traduire en français

Unintrusive powerful software to secure your computer

Publié le 11/10/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Always up to date to remove the latest intrusions. Honor their lifetime update policy. Easy to use and very reliable. No overheads with performance issues when installed. A must product in all computers.

Avantages

I bought the full version of Malwarebytes years ago and It has protected me in every way. As a computer consultant to many small companies and individuals, I install Malwarebytes in every computer I work on. The free version does everything except give you real time protection. When somone calls about ransomware or other threatening intrusions, I simply say start Malwarebytes, let it update and scan. That's it the problem is gone.

Inconvénients

I bought mine when one small payment gave me a lifetime update version. It is still recognized years later. The one apsect that disappointing is their change over to a yearly subscription but then business is business. For critical users, I get them to subscibe.

Scott F.
Traduire en français

Great overall protection but too many sacrifices

Publié le 14/12/2017

Avantages

There's no doubt that MalwareBytes AntiMalware has been one of the best solutions for removing and preventing malware and spyware on computers. I've been using them for years as a PC Technician, and their utilities have always been a staple in my technician toolbox (flash drive) to repair systems and keep them healthy. The current version of the program, version 3, is much easier to use than ever before and has tons of great features and abilities - and of course, it removes and prevents all kinds of malware just as it always has.

Inconvénients

I was a HUGE fine of prior versions of this software, but the newer version 3 has seen my faith shaken. While the program is still great at removing malware, the realtime aspect of the program is plagued by performance issues. Even using the program in freeware mode without the realtime scanner active, it was still commonplace for me to see active memory usage exceed 500MB routinely. When using the realtime scanner aspect of the premium version, usage would hover around 200MB for a while but eventually, it would balloon out of control to the point where it would consistently use over 700MB at a time until you closed it or rebooted, which would restart the cycle. I found the only way to stop this was to basically shut it down entirely and disable the services, using it as an on-demand scanner only. Because of this, I have stopped recommending it. Simply put - the program is GREAT at detecting and removing threats, however, it has become a resource hog to the point where the system becomes crippled when running the premium version.

Petr V.
Secteur d'activité: Vente en gros
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

Fast malware antivirus

Publié le 31/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been using the program for about 6 years, when our existing Avast antivirus was unable to remove some types of malware. The software is user-friendly for me,, it is very easy to use.

Avantages

Scanning runs extremely fast (test takes less than three minutes) and a nice chain link shows you exactly where the center of the file scan process is.
The antivirus scanner provides a comprehensive scheduling tool for scanning control.
Immediate popup notifications allow you to make quick decisions, and the program itself will offer what to do with the threat.

Inconvénients

The program did not offer enough anti-virus tools before, which has changed since the last version and I have nothing to complain about.

Tracy S.
Secteur d'activité: Hôtellerie

Malwarebytes Review

Publié le 13/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My overall experience with Malwarebytes has been fantastic! I can not recommend this product enough for any one rather it be for personal use or for business use on a daily basis you will not regret purchasing this product every year!

Avantages

Pros of Malwarebytes is that it is very simple and easy to install! you set it to scan every day or when ever you want and it works fantastic! Keeps all malicious threats off of your windows 10 computer compared to any other i have tried over the years.

Inconvénients

I honestly do not find any cons with Malwarebytes at all! I have been using it for 3 years now since i had an issue with a computer i do not own any more with nasty malware issues!

Mark christian T.
Secteur d'activité: Équipements publics
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

For Personal and Company use.

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 28/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, this app is your everyday protection to your computer it will satisfy with all your needs within the app and will show it's results in a detailed form.

Avantages

What i like the most about malwarebytes is the aggressiveness on how much it tracks the virus, malware, ransomware, trojan, and many more suspicious files that may cause our computer to slow down or worst destroy our system. Not only it protects your computer from files but also websites that may contain keyloggers or any other type of files that may affect our computer.

Inconvénients

The least that i like in this software is mainly just the icon itself. It's way too plan and simple though it's unique and when i see that icon i thought of it that it's malwarebytes but when you look closely it has no depth of colors or even shadows that may feel it like it is a premium feeling about the app.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10

Darell B.
Secteur d'activité: Logiciels
Traduire en français

Have used Malwarebytes for Years and Love it!

Publié le 20/08/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Customer service has always answered every question in detail and always found resolution to my questions. Easy to use installation a breeze and protection is outstanding.

Avantages

Malwarebytes has been my go to software for my customers computers having malware problems. Never had a false positive and has always cleaned computers and allowed a clean boot.

Inconvénients

Honestly there have been no cons to using this software. Setup is easy I did have an issue a couple times on downloading but no big deal

Ghanshyam G.
Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau

Malwarebytes Review

Publié le 31/08/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

As it is little bit expensive than others antivirus software but works very well and i am fully satisfied by the service.I recommend others to use it because its smooth,user friendly and auto scans in premium version

Avantages

It has user friendly interface and smooth running.It supports multiple platform like windows,android.Even after license expire we can use it freely with limited feature.It auto scans the device and immediately blocks the virus,malware and rootkits. It is lightweight doesn't consume much resources.

Inconvénients

I didn't find any cons but you should think once in pricing ,little bit expensive than others.

Giovani A.
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

An easy and wise choice for people that want a practical Anti Virus software!

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 13/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is an extremely favorable and reliable experience to try out Malwarebytes if you want to use a good free Anti Virus software. I had to use this program in a low budget personal computer back in the past when I didn't have any money for other programs. To my surprise, Malwarebytes proved to be an extremely efficient tool regarding computer security, providing safety to my data even when I was a free account user. This is a company that i respect and that I can trust, since they can offer a good service even if don't spend a dime there. I even dropped the use of other famous softwares due to the success that I had with Malwarebytes.

Avantages

Good to use even if you stick with the free version and seemed easy to handle in a personal computer. It is a program that does not take a lot to run with a simplified layout and design.

Inconvénients

Many interesting and useful features that could be free are available only if you pay for the full version.

Sam H.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Review

Publié le 13/10/2020
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Malwarebytes has saved me on multiple different occasions. Best anti-malware in the industry!

Avantages

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is simply the best anti-malware around. It has never failed me in being able to quickly and effectively eliminate and stop any threats that Malware has posed to my systems.

Inconvénients

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is the really the best, however from time to time I have had issues with the installations but I have always been able to resolve them quickly.

Gerald W.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement
Traduire en français

Very expensive. Not sure how good it is at finding malware

Publié le 09/10/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Because it never seems to find and quarantine Malware I honestly don't know if it's doing its job or how effective it is.

Avantages

Product is fairly easy to use unless you have a problem. I generally let it run in background and do it's thing.

Inconvénients

I really doubt Malwarebytes' effectiveness in finding malware. In the past two years it has not found one piece of malware, though there definitely has been malware in my system. For instance my Google Search default search engine regularly gets hijacked by Yahoo Search. I have to manually go into Google settings, delete Yahoo, and put Google back as my default. And within a months or two the same thing happens and Yahoo again hijacks my system. Clearly there is malware in my system, the kind of thing that Malwarebytes advertises itself as catching. But it never does. I contacted customer support twice about this infuriating issue and never received a reply.

I find Malwarebytes advertising confusing and possibly deceptive. The company states it finds viruses and other forms of malware, but many reputable tech sites say definitively that Malwarebytes is not a virus checker and one should use a separate virus checker. I use Windows Defender. However Malwarebytes makes you jump through a bit of a hoop to enable a separate virus checker.

I find Premium quite expensive, about 70.00 Canadian per year. Fortunately I was grandfathered in on the original premium for life. Otherwise I would drop it.

Many virus programs do this but Malwarebytes has conflicted with other programs. It can drive you a bit batty trying to find the conflict.

Cindy F.
Secteur d'activité: Matériel informatique

Good and Easy Malware Protection

Publié le 13/08/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Malwarebytes has kept my computers running smoothly as long as a second antivirus program is used with it. As a first line of protection, I recommend it to all my customers to avoid infections that can easily be removed before more serious damage occurs. I also run it on all my customers computers to find hidden files, malicious links, malware, rootkits,etc.
It is a very lightweight program which will not weigh down or slow down your operating system and is compatible with most operating system. Chromebooks that allow installation from Google Play Store may also install it.

Avantages

Easy to install on both android and pc/laptop, little to no effort is needed to use this software to scan for viruses and malware, and does not slow down your operating system. By using the auto features such as real time protection and auto start-up which are available on their premium services, you never have to worry about manually opening up the application and run it. Updates are also automatic and there are no conflicts while running other antivirus programs

Inconvénients

Free version to try out this software will find malware and remove it but is not running in the background. You must manually run it and delete any found. Ads for upgrading are constant and annoying. Premium version also will constantly remind you that your expiration date is approaching and to renew. This is very distracting and needs to be removed. A reminder email is sufficient or a pop up once a day is also appropriate but not constantly.
Tech support/support team is not the easiest to reach. The chat support seems to never having anyone available to chat with. Redirection to their forum is common instead . This forum may answer your question but is not the same as receiving live help.

Traduire en français

Malware bytes from ITpoint of view

Publié le 22/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Malware bytes is a software I know I can count on. When I see results when the scan is finish I do not have to question weather this is legit or not. In my job I have to use only software I can depend on. Malware bytes is that software. Plus the price is great too.

Avantages

I love that is does not constantly have popups all the time. The pop ups it does have are when it needs your attention. Not just annoying pop ups.

Inconvénients

The latest update with the new gui interface and that on install now it requires you to go through a activation process. Before it would install fully and then you can choose to add the pay features and so on. It was easier that way and no I feel like why do I have to go through all these new steps on install.

Kristina B.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

Malwarebytes is dependable

Publié le 19/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have had, overall, a very positive experience with Malwarebytes. I have been using them for years, and I will continue to use this program, until another comes along that is better.

Avantages

User Friendly. It is one of my go to security programs for my business. I find it very user friendly and dependable. When/if Malwarebytes detects malware it quickly quarantines it, which makes it easy to remove for me. It has real time protection that gives me peace of mind when I am working or surfing the net. I like the automatic scan feature. I can set a time for Malwarebytes to scan my computers, everyday. This is essential for a business like mine that deals with sensitive information. I need to know my computers are free from ransomware, malware, and viruses. Lastly, this program is very affordable.

Inconvénients

This isn't a fulblown antivirus program, so I still have to have an antivirus to use in addition to this program. I used to use to the free version on my personal computer and, after the trial is over, the program has a pop up window that tries to entice you to upgrade, that pops up every few hours, everyday, until you upgrade or delete the program. That is annoying.

Julianna J.
Secteur d'activité: Psychologie

Meets My Needs!

Publié le 30/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall my experience with Malwarebytes has been incredibly positive. I often find myself recommending this program to others who struggle with computer security or to those who have hidden malware issues. Malwarebytes helps to keep my personal and business information protected which is incredibly powerful in the world of modern technology.

Avantages

Malwarebytes is a fantastic program that has taught me a lot about the dangers of unprotected information online. This program is free but offers paid features. The program is fast, accurate, and does a deep search into files and registries. Items are found that imbed themselves deep into files that users don't know even exist. Malwarebytes has protected my information in more ways than I realized.

Inconvénients

Malwarebytes sometimes forgets to automatically display the results of the scan. Because of this I often forget to go back and check on the items that are quarantined.

Malwarebytes

Publié le 03/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have used Malwarebytes both in a corporate context and in a home-user context. In all scenarios, it works really well! Malwarebytes does have advanced tools (such as a centralized control panel that can be used on networks). But, honestly, I have never had need to such centralized control. Rather, I have just let Malwarebytes run on each individual computer. The only other supplemental network security I felt was needed is things like content filtering (to prevent computers from going to infected sites to begin with). With a multi-layered solution like this, virus and spyware and malware and ransomeware have just never been a major issue.

Avantages

I like most that Malwarebytes does not require a huge footprint of resources on a computer to run it. Most other anti-virus software that I have used not only protect, but also slow the computer down and cause problems with being over-protective. Malwarebytes just doesn't do this. It provide excellent and reasonable protection and does so in the background almost without having to remember that it is even there.

Inconvénients

There was one time several years ago that Malwarebytes put out an update that, when installed, caused the computer to completely crash. But, shortly after this happened, the president/ceo of Malwarebytes sent out an apology explaining what happened, how it happened, and what steps were being taken to prevent this from ever happening again. True to his work, nothing like this has ever happened again thus far.

Aaron B.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Your Quiet Partner in Cybersecurity

Publié le 26/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Scanning and cleaning for potential malware and other baddies is a breeze with Malwarebytes. When I first began using it years ago to clean viruses from PC's I was impressed by its ability to live up to its claims. Price has not increased measurably making it a great value for what the added peace of mind it offers. As an added perk, I enjoy the periodic e-newsletters the company puts out that provide additional insights on cybersecurity in general.

Avantages

Works efficiently behind the scenes. Scans do not seem to rob your PC of valuable system resources. Exceptional at spotlighting potential cybersecurity issues. Reliable. Automatically updates. The price is absolutely right - especially with a multi-year subscription.

Inconvénients

Occasionally mistakenly flags items from Gmail or Google - if quarantined or deleted while still in-use, your app will crash and you must reload.

Chris B.
Secteur d'activité: Musique

Malware Bytes - Review

Publié le 29/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This program all around is a great solution for individuals or even the more robust enterprise type organizations. I see it being useful a little less the bigger the company just because of the massive IT infrastructure needs and controls grow quite substantially and I don't see that Malware Bytes is scale-able.

Avantages

Malware Bytes has been an essential part of my library for 5 or so years. The software is easy to use and is quite effective at hunting down and removing/islolating any malware that has found its way into your system. You can configure it to be on all of the time or you can make regular routine scans automatic. The program can run in your systray with an icon that makes it easy to dig into stored by your clock on your main toolbar (if you so choose). From there you can access a whole list of features ranging from the initial dashboard with web, exploit, malware, and ransom ware protection - which you would expect. Where the program goes above and beyond is in your ability to drill down into individual programs to specify how the files will be handled, the scheduling functionality, memory behavior, java and program behavior features. This truly is an all encompassing tool that is pretty essential for protection.

Inconvénients

I'm not a fan of the subscription models that programs run with these days. Most companies offer you an either or where with Malware Bytes they moved away from that model to strictly subscription based....which almost earned it a spot in my trash - if the program wasn't as effective I would have opted out a long time ago. I've been willing to tolerate the subscription for that service but would move to another if an equal quality non-subscription base was an option.

Bradley C.
Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion
Traduire en français

Malwarebytes is a must have program for any compute!

Publié le 15/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

it has been absolutely amazing and I would not recommend any other product

Avantages

I just works, I have been using this product for many years and not one time have we had any issues with malware or ransomware. The proof is in the results. I have tried other anti-virus programs that offer malware protection but Malwarebytes just does it best.

Inconvénients

I wish it would run the scan automatically with having the free version, but I guess you pay for convenience.

Christopher B.
Secteur d'activité: Cabinets médicaux

Simple, Yet Effective and Powerful Anti-Virus Software

Publié le 19/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I first discovered Malwarebytes years ago when my computer got a nasty virus that pretty much made my computer non-functional. I got a recommendation to download Malwarebytes while in safe-mode. I followed the advice, downloaded the software and Malwarebytes quarantined all of the bugs and malware attacking my computer. I had tried other softwares to fix this problem and had no luck. Malwarebytes had my computer virus-free and back to normal quickly. Shortly after, I purchased the paid version of the software and have used it and recommended it to everyone I know. We even use it at my dental office.

Avantages

The price! The value and price for this software is exceptional. This software is such a high quality product that is so much more affordable and than its competitors. This software is straight and to the point. A super simple interface that is very easy to use. Malwarebytes does it's job and it does it very well by quarantining and removing viruses and malware. It scans your computer daily to keep your information and computer safe.

Inconvénients

I have never had any issues with Malwarebytes. I couldn't tell you how their customer service is because I've never had to use it!

Matthew Z.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

Great product

Publié le 24/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Perfect. Even when I lost my account they got it back for me.

Avantages

I was able to get this pro version for a one time fee for up to 3 computers. I love it. I use it along side Ccleaner. I've never had any problems. Easy updates and automatic scannings. I can never tell when it's running a scan because it uses a small amount of processes.

Inconvénients

I don't know anything I don't like about it. I've been using it for 10 years.

Brian K.
Secteur d'activité: Design graphique
Traduire en français

Malwarebytes Premium is well worth the money invested!

Publié le 13/09/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Hmm...Malwarebytes Premium is a joy and pain to use sometimes, depending how you look at it. Well, there is fuller assurance in having my computers almost fully protected. However, it can also be tricky to handle, especially when it comes to having MB residing hand-in-hand together with the rest of the users' software in the same computer. One certainly must know how to use it to its fullest potential and advantage in order to really enjoy the usefulness of a malware and Trojan killer such as Malwarebytes. But it is money well spent, in my opinion.

Avantages

Very effective to use, simple interface and easy software to use! Install it and well-assured of protection against harmful viruses and persistent Trojans. It adds another extra layer of protection over the default Windows Defender virus software. Malwarebytes can quickly scan through my PC and laptop for virus treats and quarantine immediately without me having to worry about my files getting infected. The speed at which MB scans is quick enough without having to leave it run in the background. And that's to me is efficient and fast! In addition, it is able to block websites during my online surfing to warn me of potential sites that potentially contain malware or ransomware. You can buy a licence and add up to 10 devices, including Windows and Mac. One can also purchase separately MB licenses for Android and iOS via Google Play Store and Apple App Store respectively. Indeed, this software is a great time saver!

Inconvénients

When such software has gotten much control over our computers, sometimes it can be very intrusive. At some point when I am surfing the web, almost all sites can potentially be blocked by Malwarebytes so much every time I clicked on a link. And that can be very annoying and destroy the joy of a user's experience of surfing the web. Even legal proper sites can be blocked! In that case, I have to manually set exclusions in the software settings to prevent MB from "accidentally" blocking certain sites. Even some software such as ServerPress can get "interfered" from working properly. I certainly did not suspect that until I start to troubleshoot further. Not to mention that MB can be costly to maintain on a yearly subscription basis after having enjoyed the initial discount on the 1st time purchase.

Renee C.
Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Traduire en français

If I had a dollar for every time this product had saved one of my computers, I'd be rich.

Publié le 25/03/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This saves and cleans my computers, all of them, from every beastie out there, and has never failed me, even when every other product has.

Avantages

This software catches and fixes just about everything, including what my antivirus programs won't. It' been around for years, and is reliable. It's cleaned malware and viruses for me that other malware programs didn't, and it's saved me from doing clean ups by hand. I've used their chameleon program to save my laptop when it became infected with a virus that blocked antivirus and malware programs from installing, and cut off my internet access and ability to download fixes. It can protect itself from being uninstalled. And their premium program runs and protects you in real time and is well worth the money. In all the years that I've been running Malwarebytes, I'm not sure that I've ever been successfully infiltrated on a computer that I've had running their premium program.

Inconvénients

The customer service is slow and lackluster. I had to contact them a few months ago about some of my subscription licenses. They took days in between responses, and the responses were not helpful, and the reps closed out my ticket without solving my issue. It took three weeks and multiple tries at contacting them. There is no phone support. When you purchase product licenses, they do not all show up on your account on their website, so you need to be really careful and write down the product keys somewhere and keep them. All that said, that was the first time in probably the better part of a decade that I've EVER had to contact them, so it's generally not at issue. I'm guessing that the employees are all out diligently fighting malware, and not doing customer support.

Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Malware Bytes Review

Publié le 10/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

it's great to have peace of mind that our systems are protected against malware and ransomware, always finds issues and corrects them have never had any issues whatsoever

Avantages

The best overall advantage of using Malwarebytes is the simplicity of performing routine tasks. and the ease of scheduling tasks.

Inconvénients

Notifications pop up frequently and some of the settings to stop them from comming up can be a bit hard to understand

Greg F.

Best Cybersecurity Program for your Device

Publié le 04/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been using malwarebytes since the early days of it's release as a consumer then as I transitioned into a business owner I offer it to all my customers just because it's that good and I don't offer anything that I don't use and trust myself. My experience with MWB the software and the MWB support team has always been well above expectations. fyi i'm neither paid by or work for mwb

Avantages

it's easy on your device performance wise most security programs have a lot of useless processes or unneeded process that just slow a device down malwarebytes does just what it needs to do and does it efficiently.

Inconvénients

there is not much not to like about this software honestly I mean it's had some problems over time and it'll have some bad updates here and there but the team at MWB once notified of a problem gets right on it and fixes it as soon as possible so yea that's about it but that's a normal thing for any software to have glitches but it's how the company responds which is important.