Sunbird DCIM

Système de gestion de data center pour les moyennes et grandes entreprises

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

115 options de logiciels métiers disponibles

Cyril G.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Review Cyril Gomes - EDF

Publié le 01/07/2021

Ouverture du DCIM à un plus large publique au sein de l'entreprise car il est "user friendly"'

Avantages

Facilité d'utilisation, partie visualisation très agréable à utiliser. Large choix de reporting via les Widget. produit intuitif

Inconvénients

Gestion des widget en SQL. Pas de possibilité de créer ses propres widget graphiques sans passer par le support Sunbird

Réponse de Sunbird

Thank you for the positive feedback. Just want to make sure you know we create the graphical charts for you free of charge and can usually turn them around in a couple of days.

Anders B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Forces de l'ordre

Why I chose Sunbird DCIM

Publié le 11/11/2019

Avantages

I like it because of its ease of use, good features, great support and help if needed. Easy to update and are frequently updated.

Inconvénients

Most of the problems I had is mostly on my side, i.e I am not familiar with terms, technical lingo and mindset. So when for instance filling in information is a bit tedious but it is getting easier.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the positive review. We plan to have our European user group meeting in April. We also offer free weekly training every Wednesday. See support portal for more details and recordings of all previous trainings.

Mathias L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Mathias lörincz Review

Publié le 10/09/2021

Overall I haven't regret that we choose Sunbird.
When I run into daily challenges (that often happens to me) your dedicated support team are ALWAYS there to find and help me with a solution. I'm 100% sure we wouldn't have gotten as a good support if we would have chose another DCIM tool for our Company
Also great that you are not shy to take a Teams calls if needed. that really apricated!

Avantages

It has a lot great features that are easy to use most of the way.

Inconvénients

The possibility to install racks with the U-numbers starting with the lowest number at the top.
Right now you can only get a view, that doesn't integrate with the U-height you choose when installing in the rack.

Nlyte DCIM

Pourquoi passer à Sunbird DCIM

My experience with the other software wasn't great, pricing and lack of support. Support is SO important when working with a new DCIM tool. Not everything can be find in a manual.
Torsten W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Banque
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

PowerIQ is admin's best friend, dcTrack is best to comfort revisors and auditors

Publié le 03/12/2020

(x) Support is over-average
(x) new releases have a high quality, we always wait a few month until implementing a new release and in the last two years we never had an issue after a release upgrade

Avantages

New hardware devices are ready be monitored in seconds. Management of hundreds of hardware devices such PDUs and sensors lost it's complexity. PowerIQ superseded our Nagios Installation for all hardware-related devices. It becomes more and more our primary trap host.

Inconvénients

Compared to PowerIQ setup of dcTrack is complex. Integration of PowerIQ an dcTrack could be easier to use. (License) Price for integration of USVs into PowerIQ is definitely to high, as a result we do not monitore our several USVs via PowerIQ

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

John H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Supermarchés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Sunbird PowerIQ - DCIM I couldn't work with out.

Publié le 13/09/2021

Avantages

Everything in PIQ is just so easy to use. From adding new racks, to adding new devices for monitoring purposes. Currently monitoring over 1k devices/sensors across the United Kingdom with ease. If you ever need support, Sunbird has your back with quick, easy to understand answers. They know their product inside out!

Inconvénients

We had a few teething issues when we first started with PowerIQ and the compatibility with some specific devices we were trying to add. Sunbird provided plenty of support and got to the bottom of the problem quickly. Fast forward a number of years and I don't have any cons with this DCIM solution, it just works as intended.

Grigory Y.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Best DCIM solution

Publié le 02/03/2020

I'd like to note SunBird support team as fatest to reply on request and with quick solution.

Avantages

Having tried to work with top five DCIM products I consider SunBird the best DCIM product on the market. It is easyest to adopt to and covers the most of DataCenter manager's tasks. Great functionality and large user group helps a lot to solve problems, which are impossible to solve in other products, like subfloor or above rack equipment placement.

Inconvénients

Monitoring functionality needs further work. I'd put a ModBus software gateway in my wishlist.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the positive feedback and the wish-list item.

Rob C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Standardisation with easy implementation and first class support

Publié le 31/03/2021

As expected and since engagement has been first class support. Knowledgeable about their product and always able to assist.

Avantages

Easy to setup and intuitive, readily available support and training materials can help you progress your initial stages quickly. Support available and the 1-2-1 sessions have been invaluable. Quickly able to see results and how it integrates in to your environment.

Inconvénients

At the moment there isn't anything - it is exactly as I expected and researched

Device42

Pourquoi passer à Sunbird DCIM

Reputation and integration into our existing Raritan estate were the primary reasons that we chose Sunbird.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your positive feedback. We love to hear customers confirm our solution is easy to use and intuitive as our user group helps us achieve this objective.

Mary carl martin D.

Lack of Documentation

Publié le 28/11/2019

We use it as our monitoring tool and Sunbird is good compared to other monitoring apps./

Easy to use and synchronized with out UPS and PDUs

Inconvénients

Lack of documentation on the application itself.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will reach out to you on the documentation and free training.

David S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great product, even greater customer service!

Publié le 01/07/2021

For me as a daily user and a part of the administrative team, the experience has been phenomenal. The product itself beats the one it replaced HANDS DOWN. The customer service -- responsiveness and product knowledge -- ranks with the best I've ever seen in my 25+ year IT career.

Avantages

Product is extremely intuitive and reliable. Interfaces are clear and easy to navigate.

Inconvénients

The interoperability between DC Track and PIQ, while helpful, often creates obstacles for adding new devices due to perceived current overloads.

Michael B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé

DCIM Review

Publié le 04/10/2021

Avantages

Assets are very helpful with the detail you can add. PowerIQ helps with power management to a granular level. The connectivity is also a plus when working in the rack with cabling. Also the "Company Standard" for adding new servers and such is useful.

Inconvénients

Moving from 7.X to 8.X was about it. That was on my end not the software.

Mihail U.
  • Secteur d'activité: Réseaux informatiques
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Believe in your strenghts

Publié le 01/11/2019

Quite fast response from Support Team, always kind and a vast knowledge with lots of step-by-step help guides.

Multiple troubleshooting options
etc

Avantages

Good tool to monitor all equipment
easy to use
lots of admin/network options

Inconvénients

needs more bulk update of devices, eg: Change Timezone or Time on all PDU's , or Connect all PDU's to NTP server by a bulk option.
etc

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the positive review. Have you tried out PDU bluk configuration clone feature? That will all you to set the NTP server and time on all you PDUs. This is a link to a video on how to use this feature. https://support.sunbirddcim.com/support/solutions/articles/24000046504-power-iq-7-0-how-to-restore-and-clone-raritan-and-server-tech-device-configurations

Mark W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion

My Sunbird DCIM Review

Publié le 03/11/2020

Avantages

I have been working with Sunbird Products for many years. Started with PowerIQ 11 years ago and recently migrated from Aperture to dcTrack.

Starting with PowerIQ I have to say I love the Buffered Data Retrieval feature that provides a min, avg and max reading from a timestamp sample you define. This has proven to be very useful data.

PowerIQ also has a Sensors Tab that I'm happy to say I submitted the NFR for. This tab allows users to easily manage their Temperature Sensors, providing the ability to utilize Global or Local Thresholds. Recently the addition of Inlets and Circuit Breakers have been added to this Tab.

dcTrack has a lot of great features but the best feature by far is the Auto Power Budget Feature. This too I worked with Sunbird to create. It provides Deployment and Facilities Engineers with a Potential Power Load that is based off of Trend Policies defined by the Users. In my opinion it provides the most realistic power consumption from your devices on the Market. If you have not seen this in action you should contact Sunbird for a Demonstration right away.

As it pertains to Support, Sunbird is remarkable! They respond to all Tickets in a timely manner and work hard to resolve them.

Inconvénients

With all the great features Sunbird provides, the one thing I have an issue with is all the bugs we find after a new version is released. Although they are quick to resolve them there are far too many. I would like to see them beef up their Quality Assurance Program.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the positive feedback! and Tank you for helping us improve our new release test plans.

Tony S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Administration publique

Great 1st Echelon Support

Publié le 28/06/2019

Avantages

dcTrack, along with powerIQ provides in-depth health-concern data for your data centers, at a glance. I dont' have enough characters here to list everything I like about this software. I'll sum it up like this, all of the questions/requirements you may have for your system, that start with, "can I do ______ with this system?", the answer is yes. Some features are harder than others to get setup. Power connectivity, for instance, takes into account your building's entire power chain. From the building UPS, up to your rack PDU's, utilizing any available management information those devices will offer up. Unless you know a lot about industrial power (I do not) then it could be a difficult feature to get working. That being said I was able to get things up and running with a Sunbird support staff who are not just extremely knowledgeable of their applications, but have expertise in every facet of every infrastructure area that the system supports.

The applications are also visually stunning that they are easy sells to management and are "no-brianers" to justify for purchase.

Inconvénients

My biggest complaint about the software is a development paradigm of dictating what can be done or not in the system, even if you may feel like you should be able to proceed with an operation. An example of this is that the system, when implemented as deigned will not allow you to make a network connection between a SFP port of a switch and a copper NIC. This, even though these connections are possible using copper GBIC's. There is a workaround for this, of making all of your different port-types to "twisted-pair" which constitutes a minor inconvenience.

The important thing is that the Sunbird Support staff have always come up with a work around for the particular incompatibilities in our environment, of which there have not been many.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Tony - thank you for the positive feedback and great insight. Look forward to seeing you at our next san jose user group.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

dcTrack Your do it all DCIM tool.

Publié le 01/04/2019

Utilizing Sunbirds DCIM Tool dcTrack has made me more efficient at my job and helping the teams that use it work more efficiently as well. dcTrack has become our Gold Copy so to speak with regard to tracking our assets. It helps the Operations team find devices quickly, without having to look in multiple places for where assets should be. Sunbird has created a do it all tool that works, it does what it says it will do and the level of support you get with it is first rate. I can use my DCIM tool to help keep track of network ports, and empty cabinet space and run power reports.... the uses and possibilities are endless.

Avantages

The Visualization of my datacenter floor. i find myself in it all day going cabinet to cabinet. This portion of the tool gives you 3d CAD rendering of your datacenter that you can quickly click on a cabinet and take you to the device you are looking for. This feature also is very useful is seeing cabinet temps, power usage when paired with smart PDU's oh and one of my all time favorite features in this Visualization feature is the ability to measure out cable. You can click on measure in the menu and then click a point on your datacenter map then trace out where your cable will run and go point to point. It gives you an accurate distance so you know which cable lengths you will be using. Just one of the many various useful elements of dcTrack.

Inconvénients

I do not have many issues or complaints with regard to dcTrack. The issues I do come across tend to be buggy new release issues that once called into the Sunbird Support Team, it's handled and rectified quickly. For example there was an issue with having to load up Adobe Flash when opening a certain tab in the software. The issue was isolated to this one tab and only when using Chrome did it come up. The Sunbird team was quick to correct this and on the next software update release, it was addressed.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the detailed positive feedback. dcTrack is now flash free with release 7.0. Customer's have given us very positive feedback on our new modern elegant HTML 5 Flash free GUI. It also includes user option to use in light or dark mode. Dark mode looks really cool.

Markus H.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

dcTrack and PowerIQ are amazing tools to help you keep track of what's going on

Publié le 11/10/2019

The possibilities with these tools are almost limitless.
I haven't discovered anything we would miss at work yet.
You can build custom dashboards, DC rooms in 3D, rack overviews, power- and data-connections and more so that everyone can get an insight without being in the room.
For the operation of a data center a DCIM software solution is absolutely necessary. The tasks today are very varied and it is easy to lose track.
With dcTrack you can get the overview back. Of course there is a lot of work behind it but you should start with the work. There won't be a 100% solution but if you know what you want and take the first step, you will see that it goes forward.

Avantages

The support is great and you always get help and solutions for problems.
The insertion of racks, devices, PDUs and connections is possible by bulk import and therefore fast and clear.
You can create different roles for each user and assign rights for each user.
You can plan very well in advance and then display it virtually as it might look.
Work orders can also be created and documented.
I have already taken part on a user group meetings where wishes, problems, user questions are answered and solutions are sought. One is kept up to date about new developments and there is user training on demand.

Inconvénients

There aren't really any disadvantages with these tools, just the complexity that exists, let you sometimes ask what you do first and what can waiting for.
You should make sure that all users are involved in different tasks.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our development team is highly motivated to provide you elegant software that makes it easier for you to perform your daily work.

Greg B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Assurance
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Sunbird dcTracks/PowerIQ: Great products and ease of use with excellent support

Publié le 07/01/2019

The overall experience has been great. In many implementations with software and other DCIM providers this has by far been the best experience we have had. The support is quick and direct, usually solving issues and answering questions on the first contact and typically in the same day. The team members providing instruction in remote sessions were knowledgeable and took the time to make sure we understood the functionality and how to repeat it. The product is great and fits all of our requirements; where there was not a direct process for an integration with other tools, the Sunbird team was quick to assist. The Sunbird software is easy to use, integrates with other products easily and the GUI is very clean. After demonstrations and comparison to 6 other competitors, Sunbird products stood out well above the rest.

Avantages

What we like most about Sunbird's DCIM solution is the integration between dcTracks and PowerIQ along with the great features, detailed user interface and ease of use. The software is setup in a way that is very intuitive to use and just as easy to implement from image to production use. The implementation/proof of concept team was great to work with. The weekly sessions made sure we were able to achieve all our requirements and not only assisted in setting up the software but showed the team how accomplish the tasks on our own so that we could replicate and update our data as needed.

Inconvénients

At this point there is not much that we dislike about the software. It contains all the features and ease of use we expected; and more. We would like an additional feature for integration with server cabinet door locks to see the status; if they were open/closed and who accessed the rack based on badge. The way the integration currently works is to send an alert when triggered but doesn't fully meet what we would like to accomplish.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the 5 start review. Customer success is our top priority. Feedback from customer's like you have greatly helped us in designing our 2nd Gen DCIM solution.

Tylerk K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement

Sunbird DCIM

Publié le 20/06/2016

My overall experience has been good. I like the direction the software is heading by moving more features and functionality to the web client and away from classic view. I really like sort and filter functionality as well as the import / export feature that can be used with Microsoft Excel. A built-in models library is very helpful and has saved us a bunch of time.

Avantages

Import / export functionality along with the sort and filter. When setting up the power infrastructure, I like that it is a physical representation of the plugs to outlet in that a L22-30P needs to be plugged into an L22-30R and that the software understands that a different plug or receptacle wouldn't physically plug in. There are numerous checks and balances like this that are helpful.

Inconvénients

The separation of features between the web client and classic view. It can also be confusing to understand what features are in PowerIQ opposed to DcTrack. Making them better integrated would be helpful. It would be nice if the models library updates were more proactive vs reactive. For example, when Dell released their Rx30 lineup, it would be nice to have the R330, R430, R530, etc.. automatically added without having to put in a request since Dell is such a big player in this field. I understand it can't be done for every make / model but for the big manufacturers core lineup that would help. Software doesn't natively work with Chrome, the use of extensions doesn't always work properly.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to now offer a modern and elegant web browser based GUI. We even allow uses to select between light and dark mode.

Grzegorz S.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The future might be blinding bright for Sunbird if they play their cards right.

Publié le 28/06/2019

We have not achieved production functionality yet but overall great!

Avantages

Features, ease of deployment with some reservations to importing assets and setting up a db, overall look and feel, automation, precision and wide scope of functionality.

Inconvénients

The process of getting your existing assets in is quite gruelling if you are not using Service Now as your asset management system. Collating and matching data to dcTracks standards is very challenging for the project team. We are going to use your turn key service to ease the process.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our vision is to help you automate via integration. But data correlation can be a challenge. I will follow-up with you to discuss as we are always in search of ideas to make this super easy.

David T.
  • Secteur d'activité: Immobilier

Customer Support Request Turnaround

Publié le 06/08/2020

It has been a great tool for my staff here in our Data Canter and something our internal IT customers have come to rely on when it comes to its great IT device reporting features.

Avantages

Its robust features, clear details on devices listed and quick support from Sunbird when needed

Inconvénients

If any complaint is that it may be too much with features for what I use it here within our Data Center.

But this is not a complaint i would not take any higher than myself here.

netTerrain DCIM

Pourquoi choisir Sunbird DCIM

Rackwise vendor went out of business

Pourquoi passer à Sunbird DCIM

Value, great support and customization

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Todd L.
  • Secteur d'activité: Production alimentaire

Sunbird PowerIQ

Publié le 28/02/2020

Sunbird has been great to deal with. From sales to their help desk they are the best in the business with communicating with their customers. I have never had a better experience with any other company from a help desk / support perspective. Literally five minutes after I place a ticket I get someone who is located in the States and has a high level understanding of the product able to help me. I couldn't ask for better support.

Avantages

When purchasing a DCIM tool we felt that PowerIQ gave us the ability to accomplish everything it was that we needed to do. This tool has provided us with such visibility into our data center environments wherever they may be. We felt this was the best tool on the market for the price with what are needs were.

Inconvénients

As of right now I have found nothing that I don't like about the product.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for the positive feedback. Hershey bar with almonds is my favorite!

Rob H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great tool for place and power planning, documentation of assets, data and power connections

Publié le 28/04/2018

Use it daily to document Data Center Power. Previously used it to document Data Center cabinets, assets, data and power connections, structured cabling. It is our source of truth for what's in the Data Centers and monitoring tool for temperature issues

Avantages

dcTrack is easy to use in that setting it up to model a data center follows the physical process of actually setting up a data center. Using it to maintain documentation of assets' placement, data and power connections is easy and logical. It also provides for great monitoring of power utilization and temperature/humidity with its integration with Power IQ. And the customer support is excellent! You are treated like a partner.

Inconvénients

dcTrack is mostly web-based but part of the functionality remains in an application called Classic View. This functionality is being migrated piece by piece, and a lot of it is accessible now from the web client. We look forward to the day when we no longer need to use Classic View as it is quite slow and it cannot be re-sized to see all of it at once without scrolling.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to now offer a modern and elegant web based GUI. We even allow uses to select between light and dark mode.

Utilisateur vérifié

Caretech Solutions Inc.

Publié le 30/11/2018

As a remote datacenter manager, it is invaluable to have a visual readout of our assets, and easily be able to determine and display capacity. As a Shared Services provider, we can easily demonstrate to existing customers where their racks are located, how populated they are, etc. This is also useful in sales initiatives; having a 3-D graph of racks with available capacity (one of the vendor-provided reports) makes the salesman's job easier.

Avantages

I like the fact that it can be as high-level, or granulated as you like. I initially started with "where are my racks and what's in them" usage, easily generating 3-d visuals, and exporting .csv and .pdf reports. Using the built-in import and export tools, I've been able to add entries for power whips (and associate them with racks), and populate chassis with individual blades. Next steps will be to update network information for devices, again, with the easy import tools.

Inconvénients

The models library sometimes lacks the specific Make, Model, etc. of a device I'm adding, so I'll have to use a similar one, or define a generic one. Sunbird has a mechanism to submit model addition requests.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Lars L.
  • Secteur d'activité: Vente en gros

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

An awsome toolbox created by awsome people

Publié le 01/10/2018

Hard to get started in this tool but when you have the clue it is fantastic.
BUT every manager who decides to have this tool should have in mind that this tool needs People and time to get it started and when it has started you may be Need a bit more time to Keep it running.
We have learned so much concerning our own workflows in our datacenters and
in my eyes it works great and I wouldn't change it for another DCIM tool, anyway.
It worth every second and every cent we have spent on it and are still doing.

Avantages

The deeper you dive into the dcTrack universe the bigger it seems to grow.
If you have internalised your own processes, this tool is indispensable for the administration of your own datacenters and each Piece of hardware built-in there.

Inconvénients

Sometime I wish the tool could be cut down to our specific Needs but then we would have to ask ourselves what these needs are.
The complexity of the tool, which is of course just an image of reality, sometimes makes it difficult to start with it.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your positive feedback. We provide free weekly training every Wednesday. See our support portal https://www.sunbirddcim.com/dcim-technical-support to sign up and to view video records of prior training sessions.

Bruce H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

Sunbird DCIM review-TMW

Publié le 30/11/2018

Overall experience in working with Sunbird has been excellent. The support teams are always responsive and your first line of defense seems to have easy access to next level engineers which is rare to see however is a huge plus to us when we have problems to deal with. In some cases however, the first level of support clearly does not know a portion of the product and the case needs to be immediately dumped to engineers. Case in point is the rollout of VM Manager integration in version 6.x. As soon as it came out, we started using it and immediately ran into problems of which first level support had not even seen the new enhancement.

Avantages

Ease of workflow. Simple and intuitive and my team has been able to quickly pickup the process of using it with little direction. We appreciate Sunbird taking responsibility for maintaining a catalog of assets. We love the 3D visualization aspect and that we can spin the cabinet around and isolate cabinets.

Inconvénients

The visualization maps are really rough to look at and often look like a high school drafting project from the 80's. I can create beautiful looking maps in Visio but importing them from Visio to a cad file, then importing them into dcTrack looks like garbage. Even using straight cad files could use improvement.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your positive feedback. We have enhanced our internal new release training for our support team.

Justin E.
  • Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications

Justin Erdmann Comcast

Publié le 17/06/2016

DC Track has been an interesting Journey, Starting out some of the features that were discussed in the first demonstration did not seem to work as advertised but over time the software support has been awesome and the tool is coming a long way. It now can do a lot of the tasks that I need it too.

Avantages

DC Track makes it very easy to search a lot of different ways and does not allow the typical typos or duplicates that you get when using Excel. It has not been 100% but light years better than Excel

Inconvénients

The time it takes to use the tool as a stand alone software. A lot of guys are still using Excel and importing into the tool. This makes common input errors a norm.

Réponse de Sunbird Traduire en français

Thank you for your positive feedback. We provide free weekly training every Wednesday. See our support portal https://www.sunbirddcim.com/dcim-technical-support to sign up and to view video recordings of prior training sessions.