Shift

4,3 (306)
Donnez votre avis !
Application de bureau conçue pour la gestion de vos comptes, applications et flux de travail.

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

306 avis

Steven
Steven

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Saves me 1 'unit' of energy each day in "switching costs"

Publié le 15/10/2019

Delightful. Honestly from going to their website, downloading the free version of the software, buying the upgraded version, using it....it's all been easy and enjoyable

Avantages

It saves me time and energy each day as it allows me to SHIFT between the major tools and platforms I work from.

Fast, easy, light. I love it.

Inconvénients

I learned right after paying for it that there is another software called Station that is similar and free. There are some tools + platforms I use that do not (yet) integrate with Shift.

Réponse de Shift Technologies Inc.

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that you're saving time and energy because of Shift. We are always adding tools and platforms to Shift. If you have some specific apps you'd like to see, feel free to reach out and we can get them in our roadmap.

Rebecca

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

The only app I have open on my desktop!

Publié le 27/11/2023

Super useful, speedy, fewer bugs now than before, some features I still don't understand.

Avantages

I love Shift for how it allows me to zoom about my different workspaces. Slack to Asana to email to calendar – all so easy. I also like being able to colour code apps and control notifications.

Inconvénients

Honestly, I still don't fully understand the 'workspaces' function of Shift, or the bookmarks bar! I just add all my emails and apps on the sidebar.

Jeff
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51–200 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Do Not Buy this software!!!

Publié le 22/06/2021

I must say that while the platform was useful, it comes with challenges. Every other day there would be a glitch somewhere in the dashboard, or a new update. Many times the dashboard would open up, but would not function. Meaning I could not navigate through any of my mail, folders, drafts.. This was extremely frustrating.

While support would have me uninstall the software, try an alpha or beta version instead, each with their own bugs and glitches, which I gladly would create a support ticket for. I just was fed up with having to be their guinea pig and never any real fix or improvement.

When I saw that my subscription was about to expire, I did reach out to them to see if they would continue my free "pro" subscription since I was a loyal customer and they simply told me NO! Not even a substantial discount. #Tryshiftfail

While I am always looking at new technology and innovative products for my team, TryShift just doesn't make the mark for both their product or their support! Poor customer Experience
They Don't Listen
#ShiftFail

Avantages

Can switch between email accounts quickly.

Inconvénients

Have been using Shift for over a year. Just a month after signing up for a paid pro version, I found that there were too many bugs in the system and tried to cancel my subscription. Upon doing so, the shift team offered me a full year of the pro version for free. So, they refunded me and I took the offer.

Joel Daniel
Joel Daniel
  • Secteur d'activité : Think tanks

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Shift is a move in right direction for Gsuite users.

Publié le 27/11/2018

Avantages

If you have a lot of different Google products you use regularly (multiple email addresses, calendar, drive, contacts, etc), Shift saves you a ton of tabs and time switching, consolidating everything into one easy to navigate interface. As a business owner that oversees 3 email addresses actively and 3-5 more occasionally, Shift is worth it solely for the email element. It gets even better having calendar integrated. Shortcuts are helpful to jump between everything with ease.

Inconvénients

Once I leveled up to pro, I found that there were diminishing returns. The more things that were all shoved into one interface, the harder it was to navigate it all. And several of the new programs/add-ons had much more limited functionality. Basic is solid. Pro is best. Advanced is overrated.

Torre
Torre
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Great concept, cumbersome in daily use

Publié le 12/06/2021

While I did try to use Shift (the paid version) for over a year, it just was never as efficient as it promised to be due to some annoyances like having to sign in constantly to various apps / sites, and becoming the default browser for links opened from within Shift-connected apps. I basically just stopped using it and have gone back to using a work-only user on my computer to eliminate distractions.

Avantages

I love the idea that all of my work apps being in one 'workstation' so to speak. It makes it easier to eliminate distractions and stay focused on work, as well as keep different apps organized together and at your fingertips. It integrates with darn near everything.

Inconvénients

Shift seems to be incapable of keeping accounts logged in the same amount as a normal browser, leading to the frustrating need to sign in again, constantly, for apps you're trying to use efficiently. Plus, if you click a link from an app in Shift (for example in an email checked via the Gmail tab in Shift), that link is opened INSIDE OF SHIFT, not your preferred browser, which although it sounds like a convenience, is often strange and unhelpful.

Wilco
Wilco
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Very useful program for managing websites efficiently and fast

Publié le 27/07/2019

It is a very helpful program that improves productivity a lot, but it is not perfect yet and can still use some extra features.

Avantages

The software is really easy and straightforward to use. Setting it up is just a matter of logging in to your accounts. The software is very customizable with the extra apps you can install. Once websites are loaded switching between accounts is very fast. The cross-account search feature is very handy when you don't know anymore on which account you received a specific email.

Inconvénients

Account and app colors can only be chosen from a specific set of colors and not with a color picker. You cannot dock extra Google apps on the top-right, only the default Gmail, Agenda and Drive are instantly accessible. Only a select number of Chrome extensions are available to install.
The program takes quite a while to start.

Colton
Colton
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great email client and more

Publié le 17/10/2019

Very positive. I love having all of my email accounts and frequently used web apps in one client. It has a clean, attractive design, and it performs well.

Avantages

I really love the number of available integrations and the fact that it doesn't try and reinvent the wheel by offering a new user interface. It simply wraps the standard web interface of Gmail and other integrations, there's no need to learn new controls or workflows.

Inconvénients

If you're running it on multiple machines you might notice that sometimes if you add an account or integration on one machine it may not reflect on the others and you have to manually add it. Other than that there's nothing really to dislike about this software.

Spencer
Spencer
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Thank you for creating SHIFT!

Publié le 09/02/2020

It is amazing. I hope that the price will drop in the future but we will see.

It is amazing. I hope that the price will drop in the future but we will see.

Avantages

Shift has helped me stay more organized and not have 100 tabs opened at all times. It connects with all of the apps I use on a daily basis.

Inconvénients

Nothing yet. I pay for it personally since my company won't pay for it. I don't know what I would do with out it.

Anissa
Anissa
  • Secteur d'activité : Design graphique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Shift makes managing multiple email accounts easy!

Publié le 18/07/2019

I use Shift to manage multiple e-mail accounts. It really makes it easy to see what needs to be addressed, all in one spot. I always recommend it to others.

Avantages

I really love how easy it is to set up my multiple email accounts and "shift" between each of them. It makes it so much easier than having to use different browsers.

Inconvénients

I think it's a great program and haven't had any issues.

Kristen
Kristen
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The single best thing you can do to save time!

Publié le 15/10/2019

It's been excellent! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

It's been excellent! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Avantages

It's an easy to use tool that allows you stack every single productivity app. They have every single app I use, and more. I have a ton of email accounts - freelancing, personal, company - that I can add. I used to log into every single email provider on my browser but now I can do it all from one tool!

Inconvénients

This isn't a huge issue but sometimes it throws me an error when I've been logged in for too long. I have to shut relaunch the app.

Harel
  • Secteur d'activité : Loisirs, voyage et tourisme

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Focused web browser

Publié le 14/01/2022

Avantages

It has nice UI which helped organized the applications integrated with shift; It has desktop notifications; it loaded on windows startup;

Inconvénients

The application looks and feels like a web browser, and less as a native app. Sometimes I find myself asking why just not use web browser instead. Also technical problems (bug, crashes, blank pages) occur from time to time.

Gene

My New Dashboard for Everything

Publié le 12/11/2019

I started out looking for a solution that would let me run multiple Gmail accounts without having to log out of one to log in to another. Shift did exactly what I was looking for.... and more. Simply by clicking an account icon, I could switch between Google accounts and have full access to ALL services in that Google account.

Pretty soon, I was using Shift as my primary email client. Then I started using it as my interface to all my GDrive accounts. Then I discovered that I could add other common apps. The latest update added a built in browser. Now, I am pretty much using Shift as my dashboard for most of what I do online.

It's a marvel of design that combines simplicity, ease-of-use, and powerful functionality into a single window with multiple panes. This is the front end tool that Google would have designed if it had done a better job of understanding how its products were used in the real world, i.e. multiple services across multiple accounts, combined with frequent use of other apps.

The only problem I have had is that they frequently update the product, and one update became incompatible with my older MacOS. But the support people were super helpful, and within a week or so they had come up with a patch to fix things.

At this point, Shift has become a more important tool in my online activities than Google Chrome, and that says a lot.

Avantages

- intuitive, simple user interface
- ability to control multiple accounts in multiple apps without signing in and out
- seamless integration with Google mail, drive and other services
- ability to add practically any app that I might use
- works on both my WIndows and Mac devices

Inconvénients

- would like a little more flexibility to customize the gmail interface
- have had a couple of issues with newer upgrades not working with my older MacOS

Sara
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Work Every Penny!

Publié le 21/10/2019

Shift helps me just jump into whatever I need, FAST. At any given moment as a small business owner who has at least 20 different things going at once Shift helps me get it done. I could go on and on about the individual uses I get out of Shift. When you run everything on your own you need all the help you can get.

Avantages

It's all right there. No opening and accidentally closing browser tabs, no hunting down bookmarks or even wasting a few second typing the beginning of a website to get where you need to be. I manage multiple email accounts and use several different applications to communicate with clients and manage my business. Time is something I can never get more of so when it comes to tools and saving time even as a small business owner Shift is extremely valuable to me. Between the extensive collection of apps and browser extensions, everything is right at my fingertips. Just a few seconds can really add up over a day/month/year... It's worth EVERY single penny to me!

Inconvénients

I don't have many complaints about Shift except the short lag getting notifications through my Gmail accounts. I will get a ding on my phone before I get a ding in Shift. It's minor but that is the only thing I can think of that really would be anything annoying.

Philip
  • Secteur d'activité : Musique
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

A Company that Knows Where It's Going

Publié le 05/04/2020

In my opinion $100 per year is negligible to be able to search across all your work platforms and re-organize your work environment. That said, some readers may not have money to blow in which case Shift is not for them. If you are looking for a free option that consolidates email and apps, don't despair. There are apps like Franz and Rambox to name but a few. These apps are similar to Shift in many ways but offer more options in terms of their free versions. If you are professional willing to invest in an app that may well save you time and money in the long run, then this might be a perfect fit.

Avantages

According to their website, "Shift is the desktop app for streamlining your accounts, apps, and workflows." and if you watch a tutorial video you'll see it does exactly that. On the free version you can add two email accounts and 1 app account. Thus, the free version is ideal for someone who only has two Google accounts but still wants to consolidate things. The pro version costs less than 100 dollars; $99.99 per year; that's roughly $8.33 per month. It's the pro option where Shift really shines. Pro allows unlimited email accounts and apps along with the ability to do a unified search across all accounts and apps. Customers willing to pay for pro can truly streamline their workflow into one highly efficient system. Shift also offers a Team version, but you must provide details and ask for a price quotation.

Inconvénients

The only con is that some people, like me for instance, might fail to notice the fine print and think they're getting all the pro features for free. The free version doesn't offer anything that most mail clients can't already do. As such, it seems like the free version only exists as a means to tempt the user into buying the pro version where things really happen.

Ryan
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

A Jack of All Trades Application

Avantages

I love the ease at which I can switch between my different accounts for any different purpose! It completely changed how I respond to communications, without having to log in and out of different emails. The notifications about which account has a new detail makes it even better!

My business also requires the use of multiple forms of communication (e.g., email, text message, Facebook Messenger, Instagram), so to have a service that enables me to access all of those in one application so simply, it's perfect.

Inconvénients

My sole frustration with the software is the lack of expediency in addressing bugs. For example, ever since I upgraded my Mac to OS Catalina, Shift has encountered numerous issues that I did not previously encounter (e.g., issues with using HTML links in email, applications shutting down) I I'm still waiting for those to be addressed and they won't be for at least another week based on prior experience.

Ally
  • Secteur d'activité : Événementiel

Convenient

Publié le 22/10/2019

Overall I'm happy because I'm able to access all of my email accounts and majority of the third party apps/accounts I use on a daily. Saves me time and helps me to work more efficiently since I'm working on multiple things during the day.

Avantages

The fact that you are able to connect a lot of other third party apps in one place. I manage a few businesses and have multiple emails and programs I'm in on the daily, it is nice to be able to access majority of them in one place.

Inconvénients

Seems like I have had more security issues since having Shift, sometimes the program times out and I have to restart the program, or it takes a little bit longer to open. I use Google Drive a lot and off and on I cannot save from Shift (download Google Docs or docs from email) directly to My Documents. I have to save it to this folder on my C Drive.

Réponse de Shift Technologies Inc.

Thanks for the review! We're excited that you're managing multiple emails and programs in one place with Shift. You may have already discovered this, but it is possible to change the download location in Settings > General > Functionality within Shift. You first need to toggle off "Always ask download location" and then click select location. If you're still having issues, feel free to create a support ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new) so that our team can help you out.

Elizabeth
  • Secteur d'activité : Enseignement primaire et secondaire

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Too many email accounts - this helps!

Publié le 15/10/2019

It has eased the experience of having to quickly and efficiently work between different email accounts so I can easily go back and forth without having to switch users every time.

Avantages

I like that I can access each of my gmail accounts without having to constantly switch users since I go back and forth CONSTANTLY throughout the day. I can also access Google Drive without having to switch back and forth between users and, with the fast pace of my workday, it makes a huge difference.

Inconvénients

Sometimes there are functions that do not work within Shift as well as just using it within my web browser -- but those issues d not come up often so it is not a big enough deal for me to quit using Shift (plus, there are updates happening so that there is increased functionality and things that were problems before are no longer a problem)

Matthew
Matthew
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Great All In One, But A Bit of a Resource Hog

Publié le 25/10/2019

My overall experience with Shift has been good. As a freelance creative services provider juggling personal, professional, and creative resources, I've come to depend on Shift as a time-saver and essential tool.

Avantages

I appreciate, and have come to depend, on having several e-mail and cloud storage accounts (Google), invoicing / time tracking (Freshbooks), and notes / outlining / to-do (Dynalist and / or Workflowy) in one place via Shift. Just taking into account the reduced number of clicks and alt-tabs, it's a time saver.

Inconvénients

Since Shift mostly works as a container for several Chromium browser tabs, it eats resources just like Chrome does. On a less robust computer (for example, on my older Dell laptop), this results in a noticeable overall performance hit. On my zippy desktop machine (built for gaming), it's no issue at all. So be sure you have good hardware if you plan on using Shift regularly throughout your day for multiple apps.

Roger
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinet d'avocats

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Condensing a work pc into software

Publié le 26/01/2022

My overall experience with Shift has been positive. The ability to disconnect me from work is critical.

Avantages

The thing I appreciate most about Shift is the fact that it acts as my work PC, on my personal PC. I have it open all day and use it for communications via email, Discord, Tweetdeck and Linkedin. When I'm done with my day, I simply close the app and I don't have to worry about alerts or pings while I'm using my PC for personal matters. It helps create an easy way to disconnect from work.

Inconvénients

Shift can be very resource intensive if you leave it open. At times, this has slowed my PC down significantly, requiring a reboot.

Jesse
  • Secteur d'activité : Institutions religieuses

Review for Shift

Publié le 16/10/2019

Mostly great! When it's working and all my account are accessible, I love it.

Mostly great! When it's working and all my account are accessible, I love it.

Avantages

Love having everything I need in one place. Easy to switch between accounts.

Inconvénients

Hate that it signs out of my accounts so often. Constantly having to reload. A few bugs and some apps not working properly, like Buffer.

Josh
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

great for entrepreneurs

Publié le 30/09/2019

Overall we're very happy with Shift and I can't see myself not using it. It's a simple but effective tool to consolidate your desktop and make you extremely focused on the important things.

Avantages

Love the idea of Shift and keeping every single email account along with other software at your fingertips. We love not having to go back and forth between tabs to look at different email accounts. Everything including all your fav extensions are right there in one place. It's great.

Inconvénients

The team at Shift feels slow to fix certain bugs when they update versions. Typically when they put out a new version, something will not be caught up and you'll have to wait for a glitch to be fixed. It's great when everything works, but if extensions and plugins aren't keeping up then it stalls everything.

Judah
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Always needing to log in, update, or re-install

Publié le 30/03/2019

Fix those cons and you have a great product. Otherwise, you have built an annoyance.

- Handle multiple gmail accounts
- Handle multiple google drive account
- Use multiple different addons

With multiple clients wanting me to log into their google drive accounts and e-mails to do internal work, this is fantastic and I haven't found anything that will allow me to move from account to account and do work within their google drive smoothly like Shift.

Inconvénients

I am ALWAYS having to log back into my accounts. Whenever something wrong happens, their solution is to restart the software... which has me log back into EVERYTHING as well.
I use LastPass for my accounts, and they are continually uninstalling LastPass from my app and having me reinstall it and log back in.
It gets very tedious and annoying. I spoke to some colleagues about how the like shift, and without prompting they all said the exact same thing.

Abel

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A must have for productive teams

Publié le 16/10/2019

I'm a digital marketer that switches between apps all day long. This has allowed me to have all of those things in one dashboard saving me tons of time and headache. I also use it for work and we have a very outdated internal management system that we use and because of it's versatility we are considering using it to bring all of the apps that we would need to replace our current system.

Avantages

The software is intuitive and easy to use and allows me to have almost all of the programs that I regularly use all in one place. It's so helpful that I've found myself looking to see what programs integrate with it before purchasing them.

Inconvénients

There isn't anything to dislike about the software. The only negative thing that I could say is that when I originally purchased it some of the programs were a little buggy but they've fixed those issues and I haven't had any issues for months.

Raney

Savior of My Sanity

Publié le 21/10/2019

Absolutely wonderful...I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get more out of their workday.

Avantages

I'm a freelancer, and I have multiple clients who want me on multiple email addresses and project management platforms. Before Shift, managing every single one of them was a nightmare. Shift keeps me productive and sane, and I would not do without it.

Inconvénients

There are a few features and functions I wanted to see on it that I couldn't get. For example, I'd like to see more personal to-do/calendar/productivity apps on there vs. huge project management apps, and I'd like to maybe see some personal budgeting software on there too.

Réponse de Shift Technologies Inc.

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you're using Shift to be more productive with your freelance projects. We are adding new apps all the time. If you have some apps in particular that you regularly use that you'd like to see in Shift, feel free to reach out and we can add them to the list.

daniel
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51–200 employés

A Good Saas Product

Publié le 28/10/2019

Avantages

I like the functionality- that it aggregates my email addresses into one place (for the most part). I also like that it goes beyond email and pulls things like Messenger and Hangouts into one dashboard. It's a lot cleaner than browser tabs and it's easy to shut off when I need to focus on tasks.

Inconvénients

Accounts that sign out. That's really frustrating. The other thing would be that I need more types of email (Yahoo) to interface with this. It's a work in progress, I know.

Réponse de Shift Technologies Inc.

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear you're using email, Messenger and Hangouts in Shift to help focus on tasks. You may already know this, but while we do not have functionality to add Yahoo as an email account, we do support adding Yahoo Mail as an app which will have all the functionality of an email account. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our support team.