Tempo Timesheets

Logiciel de gestion du temps pour Jira

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

190 avis

Carlos David

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Tempo Timesheets helps you planning and auditing your project duration

Publié le 23/10/2019

I've been using Tempo for over 4 years o maybe more. I actually used since I purchased the JIRA Cloud subscription because it is a nice add on.

Avantages

Mainly I used integrated with JIRA to measure how much time does it take for the developers to complete the user stories. I also use Timesheet to get the monthly report and from there I manage the billing hours for the developers of our company.

Inconvénients

When you download the report in CSV format, there are some fields that are quite confusing.
For example, the logged duration of a task is presented as decimal value insted of using a time format.

Bruce

Tempo Timesheets Rocks!

Publié le 01/11/2019

We switched to Jira/Tempo several years ago (from FogBugz) because we needed a development tracking tool with a good time tracking system. We picked Jira Software Cloud first and then selected Tempo Timesheets for time tracking. No regrets with Tempo. Jira has been (and still is) an adventure at times, but Tempo Timesheets has been a solid performer from the start. And it has received significant improvements over time. It's a great choice for my company.

Easy to use.
Integrates well with Jira Software Cloud.
Reasonably priced.

Inconvénients

Not big , but due to Jira changes, it now takes an extra click to get to Tempo time entry in a Jira ticket.

Pourquoi choisir Tempo Timesheets

We dropped FogBugz because they didn't track time in a way that worked for us.

FogBugz
Julia

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Updates without considering the users needs

Publié le 08/11/2019

Honestly, at this point I work with it because I have no other choice. But I am strongly pushing for us to get a different solution. I was fine until the timesheets were taken away and was hoping for improvements through added features

Avantages

When I started to work at Kreios 3 years ago, we were already working with Jira/using Tempo Timesheets. We are constantly optimizing our processes and for HR as well as for invoicing I was able to implement standard processes

Inconvénients

The recent update I like least because you just simply removed the "timesheets" feature and replaced it with "my work" which isn't anything but the reports filtered down to a person. So it wasn't a feature added but a major feature taken away. We had to instruct people on what they had to do different, we had to adapt our own accounting software that imports timesheets automattically, time tracking during weeks or months has become harder. I was honestly very upset about that. Another thing I don't like is that export feature isn't flexible enough. Also lines are cut off when there at the end of a page, no matter how you try to do it, if the export is too long. So they're not reliable (Monthly export for payroll)

Álvaro

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

A helpful addition to Jira to track time spent in tasks

Publié le 12/09/2022

We used Jira Cloud first with Tempo. Both have being working solidly and well, without regrets. Team leads and managers have been able to easily track time spent in tasks and organize work accordingly.

Avantages

Tempo is very easy, simple and intuitive to use. It does not have a lot of features, but the few that it has work solidly. The table layout allows the user to easily see what tasks they have worked on and how much work they have left to do. Also, the integration with Google Calendar is very useful and works well.

Inconvénients

Automatic time tracking didn't work too well. It sometimes tried to suggest we log hours from already closed tasks or from tasks that we didn't even use.

In addition, the service was sometimes slow in logging hours, taking several seconds to display the changes.

Shaffick
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Best timesheets tracker ever

Publié le 29/10/2019

We could not find any systems that are easy to use and could support billable and non-billable type of time entries. Tempo delivered big time and the ease of which you can add time entries, swap them out with other tickets or edit other user's timesheets and update them is simply AMAZING.

Avantages

- VERY easy way to add time to your Jira service desk tickets
- Very easily set up via the admin panel
- Integrates with groups and roles
- BEST time plugin I have ever used (across multiple systems)
- Price point is GREAT (We use a hosted server setup)
- Editing staff timesheets is a breeze...I have never used a system that os so easy to use.

Inconvénients

- The budget period is only per month. There is no option to set other time periods, ie qaurterly, yearly etc. (this is a very big one)
- Have to set up organizations again. It should integrate with the "Customer" list in jira service desk. (Very minor)
- Does not have an option for rounding time to the nearest quarter of an hour (very minor)
- Does not provide budget alerts (this is a very big one)
- The settings screen can use some love and explanation

Pourquoi choisir Tempo Timesheets

Connectwise Manage is a tool that has a LOT of features. However, it is very ppor in terms of UI, functionality and ease of use. The reporting features of Connectwise are VERY poor. CSV exports leave a lot to figure out in terms of which columns host which data. It is a VERY bad tool.

ConnectWise PSA

Pourquoi passer à Tempo Timesheets

Did a brief research on Atlassian communities throughout the web, and considered Harvest. However, the ease of integration with Jira service desk was the main selling point.
Kaiser
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Aged well

Publié le 28/10/2019

Our Professional Services thrives on this. When you are looking for the over/under on your portfolio of projects, and need the insights as to when you are approaching capacity, Tempo Timesheets becomes critical for our organization.

Avantages

Ease of use and reporting functionality are key drivers for project accounting. Tempo Timesheets is easy enough to use for the daily user, but still sophisticated enough to use for executive views.

Inconvénients

Nothing that hasn't been addressed in recent releases.

Jira

Pourquoi choisir Tempo Timesheets

Ease of use and ease of integration.

actiTIME

Pourquoi passer à Tempo Timesheets

We integrated it with Jira, while using Tempo Timesheets instead of Jira's classic time logging functions. We simply needed more sophistication so that we could effectively handle project accounting, which is vital for any professional services organization across any industry.
Matej

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

This enables blind micromanagement

Publié le 21/10/2019

It is good, maybe a litle heavy weight UI.

Avantages

A nice step towards a time-tracking software. I think that today (2019), developers track time, they track it only for purposes of customer invoicing.

Inconvénients

Enables micromanagement. It takes about 15minutes to look for each issue I worked on that day, or multiple mental task-switches during the day. Don't get me wrong... this tool is required in some situations, as mentioned above.

I am leaving my company for exactly this reason: I do not want to do mental task-switches... While logging after each task, small tasks become lengthier and I can get as many done in a row, because it is more difficult to move my focus between execution and retrospective reflection. That is why I try to log my time only in the evening, or the next morning.

Read about it... it is a horrible thing, what a task switch does to your focus in the long-term.

Pourquoi passer à Tempo Timesheets

Suggestion for an "Englishman" + requirement from the level-above me + unwillingness to put certain self-transformative processes into action. The upper-level wanted to measure Time estimated / Time spend - for each customer and for each issue... I also think they wanted to compare people. Like if speed is a measure of a software developer awesomeness. Try to implement a way to compute ~estimated time spend and auto logging based on task history... much less task switching, IMHO.
Josh
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

Project Management Time Tracking Made Simple

Publié le 18/10/2019

Overall Tempo has been great. it has simplified the time tracking and time reporting process(es) and made things much easier on management. the implementation and training part of the roll out was simple. the fact that there are more than just a few ways to log time in Tempo is one of the many things that make it great and easy to use. Granted there are ways to improve, i believe it will only get better and better as time goes on.

Avantages

What i like most about this software is the ease of use for the over 200 users we have that need to log their hours for work done on projects across our organization. The way we have set things up makes it super simple for users to find the project they worked on, mark certain tasks as favorites so taht they dont have to dig every time they need to log their time, and the reporting features that are available out of the box are great.

Inconvénients

What i like least about the software is the fact that we are not able to manipulate the reports to add custom data without further custom development (e.g. an add-on). what i mean by this? because Tempo Timesheets integrates directly with JIRA Cloud, JIRA has a feature where you can add custom user properties for each user in your organization, however Tempo does not allow the administrator to add those custom user properties to any of the reporting features within Tempo without custom development.

Planview PPM Pro

Pourquoi choisir Tempo Timesheets

One of the biggest reasons we made a switch from another piece of time tracking software was because of the easy of use, the user-friendly interface and the face that Tempo integrates directly with JIRA Cloud.

Planview PPM Pro

Pourquoi passer à Tempo Timesheets

we made a switch from another piece of time tracking software because of the easy of use, the user-friendly interface and the face that Tempo integrates directly with JIRA Cloud.
Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Does most things well

Avantages

Integration with Jira. Integration with tickets in Jira. Different views (calendar, task, etc.). Relatively easy to log tasks.

Inconvénients

Can only log hours for the last three weeks. I will sometimes log my work one month at a time, so I need to be able to go back 4 weeks when adding items. This setting cannot be changed and it has been the most frustrating aspect of this tool.

Timely

Pourquoi passer à Tempo Timesheets

Direct integration with Jira. My team can log time directly against the tasks that they're working on.
Andrew

Good Option for Existing Atlassian Users

Publié le 29/06/2021

While Tempo does provide distinct reporting benefits and ease of use to existing Atlassian (JIRA) customers, improvements could certainly be made to its permissions schemes and pricing model. If you are familiar with JIRA and have the knowledge and patience to properly configure the application, Tempo can be a very useful tool for data reporting and invoicing. If you are looking for a simpler, cheaper means to track time, however, I would recommend exploring alternative options.

Avantages

Tempo Timesheets is an effective way to log and manage time entries for existing Atlassian users. The application integrates seamlessly with the JIRA project management platform, allowing users to log time through individual tasks and tickets, which then passes through to Tempo's custom reporting and approval dashboard. The inherent time entry approval process built into Tempo ensures data integrity, as only admin-level users are allowed to approve, reject, and edit submitted entries. The reporting functionality allows users to create custom time reports based on user, project, account, and several other category designations, which is great for organizing and assessing your time data.

Inconvénients

Like most Atlassian products, the permissions scheme in Tempo is both complex and delicate. Familiarity with JIRA user AND project permissions is essential to proper use of the application, as misconfiguration can lead to corrupt or inaccurate data reporting. Tempo also lacks direct integration with popular accounting and CRM software such as QuickBooks, which makes service invoicing a more manual process. There is also no current means to distinguish JIRA users who need access to Tempo from JIRA users who do not, which means you will be charged a monthly service fee for each JIRA user, regardless or whether or not they actively use the application. This results in a higher monthly service fees, which can make Tempo less affordable to some users.

Patricio

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Billing and tracking time with one simple tool

Publié le 18/10/2019

We've used different time tracking software in the past, but as soon we migrated to Jira, Tempo Timesheet helped us achieve many things. Mainly:
- users DO log their time!
- it took very few documentation and "training" for the whole team to be on board
- Our customers appreciate the level of detail we can get from reports. No need to export Jira issues to give them detail
- We can easily track "hours budgets" for our customer using the API! That way, we are able to generate new revenu with our customers.

Avantages

It takes no time to configure and no time to bring the team to use it.
There's also so many ways to add work logs that there's no reason to lose track of time worked on Jira.
Users do not need to go to a different page or app to use it. It shows up in Jira issues, as trackers directly in Chrome and there's many Jira dashboard gadget available to keep track of our teams.
Reporting is extremely easy. Not only is it easy to generate reports using different filters and groups but the exporting options work very well and we use them with every invoices we create
The support team is also very good! They stay in touch and do everything they can to help.

Inconvénients

There is not much that I don't like. As any customer I do have very specific wish list for potential features and some are not available. But in the end, Timesheets does what it is suppose to do.

Pourquoi choisir Tempo Timesheets

We needed a professional tool that would seamlessly integrate with Jira and our workflows.

Paymo

Pourquoi passer à Tempo Timesheets

Customer service is awesome! Also, Tempo has other products that integrate with each other and make our life easy.
Orazio
  • Secteur d'activité : Assurance
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001-5 000 employés

My Tempo Life!

Publié le 26/10/2019

This allows us to manage the time of our employees and consultants worldwide and is important to be able to use this data to see where we need help and where we have too much help... I am overall a happy 7 year customer! However we expect Tempo to keep being at the forefront of this technology.

Avantages

The software is good and simple and very effective, though the server version is different from the cloud version.

Simple for end users to understand
Good reporting
Most times very fast
Cost efficient
Good customer service
Great technical support
Data is encrypted

Inconvénients

Not allowing users to submit time cards after three weeks
It allowing time Magner’s to be able to approve or reject time cards when viewing a time card after three weeks server version allows this
At Times it’s slow and the page shows tempos homepage yet it’s hosted in the cloud we refresh and it works
At times it takes a while to resolve issues but you always do resolve them

Diana

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

It's getting better

Publié le 24/10/2019

It's pretty easy to plan the workload and track the team burnout pace.

Avantages

Overall, I'd say it covers the needs. The progress Tempo development team made in past year is pretty impressive. Trackers became way easier to use.
The reports are great, easy to customize.

Inconvénients

That I can't buy the license only for the users I need tracker for.
I have a bunch of people in Jira that don't need the tracker, but I'm paying for them anyway. It's a bit of a downside.

Pourquoi choisir Tempo Timesheets

We switched from Asana to Jira. Everhour didn't have an integration at that time.

Everhour
David
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Very good - would recommend

Publié le 02/11/2019

Overall very good. Support has provided quick turnaround on any questions. Bug fixes and improvements continue at a good pace, and the improvements are quality ones.

Avantages

For issue-oriented end-users (e.g. developers), it's a great tool.
* Easy to use
* Seamlessly integration with Jira
* Easy administration

Inconvénients

For account oriented end-users, there's an impedance mismatch. These users just want to log time against an account. Logging time against an issue and then assigning it to an account never feels right to them, and it's their biggest complaint. Tempo's solution is Internal Issues, but that doesn't resolve this usability issue for these users.

Does not support labor categories well - especially when a user performs different roles with different labor categories in a project. It can be partially worked around with work attributes.

Reporting works great for what's built-in but still needs improvement. E.g. reports of hours by combinations of project, account, user, role, work-attributes are needed. Dumping into Excel is the workaround here.

Carmen
  • Secteur d'activité : Services d'information

Tempo timesheets

Publié le 24/10/2019

Good accountability of hours logs for financials purpouse and project management

Avantages

The ease to extract various reports, user friendly for logging hours, easy use to edit logs if necessary, access priviledge

Inconvénients

The posibiliti to extract reports filtered by multiple teams

Pourquoi choisir Tempo Timesheets

for the integration with JIRA core

Adds-on for JIRA suite
Indika

Tempo is good

Publié le 29/10/2019

We had a issue of developers time tracking in proper way which should align with Jira. Tempo was a good selection to us.

Avantages

Tempo is very easy to use compare to other tool. Its seamless integration with Jira, make our life easier for the project managment.

Inconvénients

Tempo cost if bit higher compare to other altnatives.

Integration with Jira

Réponse de Tempo Traduire en français

Hello Indika,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We work hard to make Tempo Timesheets easy to use and we appreciate your positive feedback!

Best,
Sarah from Tempo

Blagomir

I like Tempo!

Publié le 21/10/2019

We use Tempo to collect the worklogs of our dev team which are then used to bill our clients.
Also, we use Tempo reports to compare the initial estimation of a ticket to the time that is actually logged.

Avantages

I love that timelogs get connected to particular jira issues which is very useful when analyzing them and comparing the logs to the initial estimation. This is something that cannot be done with Toggl and it's the biggest reason we don't use Toggl.

Inconvénients

The old Reports page from Jira server was quicker to use. There were fewer steps that you need to do to see the timesheets and you can very quickly switch between different projects or from a project report to user report. Saying that the newer timesheets page in Jira Cloud is much more powerful.

Rinke
  • Secteur d'activité : Services d'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Review from an experienced power user

Publié le 19/10/2019

As said Tempo Timesheets is a big contributor to our overal eco system in our company. We integrated it completely in our in-house developed ERP/Finance system. We link it with BI tooling to make the best decisions on our data.

Avantages

Tempo Timesheets is the backbone of our company. We use it daily as we need the timesheets to registrate our worklogs and get paid. I like the new reporting style, the API options and the dynamic use of the software.

Inconvénients

We can't configure a safe way for our customers to use Jira without them accessing the worklogs. As this is a big deal for us that our customers are not allowed to see the worklog before we check/manage them this is a big miss for us.

YouTrack

Best experience.
Cynthia
  • Secteur d'activité : Édition

Great For Developers

Publié le 23/10/2019

We're solving the issue of tracking time for developers that don't clock in and out with a time clock. We want to know that they're keeping busy and this let's us see what they've been working on down to the individual ticket.

Avantages

As both a user and administrator, I like Tempo Timesheets because it was easily integrated into the workflow of our software development team. I get a great visual overview of who is using it (and who is slacking off) by just glancing at the dashboard. I also love that I can log time right within the tickets. This is a very simple to use product and that's just what my team needs!

Inconvénients

The permission structure took some time to get figured out. It was fairly convoluted for me to see my own team's time even as the administrator. I figured it out but it took a good deal of reading and experimentation.

ADP Workforce Now
Alexandre
  • Secteur d'activité : Divertissement

Tempo Timesheets for Jira Server

Publié le 07/11/2019

Very positive! Everyone enjoys it and I don't receive any negative feedbacks about it.

Avantages

The interface is very user friendly, it allows all team members to quickly fill out their timesheets. That was our #1 requirement when we switched to Tempo Timesheets. Our previous solution made this tedious and team members would be reluctant to properly enter their time.

In addition, the options at our disposal (different teams, reports, admin) allows us management to easily bubble up all required info.

Inconvénients

Even though we consider it is worth it, it is the most expensive timesheet plugin in the Atlassian Marketplace.

Also, there is a bug that annoys me personally: when logging work and navigating quickly through the fields (jumping to the "time" part with TAB), any value entered too quickly would be wiped by a refresh that happens in the background. I'm to blame as well for that because I did not report it yet. :)

Marta
  • Secteur d'activité : Jeux vidéos

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Tempo Timesheets is simple and I like this simplicity!

Publié le 27/05/2022

Overall I like Tempo Timesheets mostly for its simplicity and this tool simply does its job.

Avantages

I like the simplicity of UI and functionalities. Tempo Timesheets is a tool that is very intuitive and useful. I like the table layout of the "My Work" tab, which shows exactly my work on certain days. I like using the reports tool to check how many hours I logged in a certain time period and how much time I spent on certain projects. I really like that I can integrate google calendar in to the tempo this is a very useful feature for me.

Inconvénients

I don't like the "Search issues" search bar when I log time. It is really hard for me to search certain issues by Jira code, by description because I am assigned to many projects at a time. When I try to search the issue by code, for example, SIG-1, and on our board, we have for example 200 issues, I can't see the SIG-1 anywhere, I see mostly SIG-100 and up. Even if I type the part of the description on which I need to spend time unnecessarily to go to the Jira and search proper issue.

Chidozie
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Tempo works for me.

Avantages

I like that it is easy to add time from JIRA and I don't need to go to a separate application.

Inconvénients

I wish there was an easier way to get the information from Tempo to accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks Online) currently I have to copy the information over line by line when invoicing.

Quickbooks Online

Pourquoi passer à Tempo Timesheets

Integration with Jira and timer and all my employees at the time could use it remotely. Quickbooks didn't have that option. Having it as an online product also allowed be to keep tabs on work being done and time it was taking to accomplish tasks.
Jonas
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great tool in an agile world

Publié le 21/10/2019

We've merged two different companies in the last year, with different (and complex) time reporting solutions.
Our biggest problems is the company structure we have. It doesn't fully align with Jira's thought of how a project is defined, where in Jira a project is tracking the life cycle of a product and in ERP a project is what a project manger traditionally would define as a project.

Tempo as a tool on it's own is really easy and intuitive to both administer and use. For a simpler (more modern) company structure it would have been a much easier implementation.

Avantages

The ease of use for end users, it's very easy to on board new users to have their time reported.

Inconvénients

Our management would like to have a bit more configuration when it comes to the reports, especially utilization to not only take logged time into account, but also include expected time.
Lacking approval on account basis rather than just full timesheet.

Yossi
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Tempo may be helping me...

Publié le 24/10/2019

I like the reports. These are very easy for me and for team leads to track the team's efforts by task and individual. However, the usage of tempo is misleading. The effort estimate used by Tempo is not basic to Jira which means it doesn't play well with others (e.g. Capacity Tracker).
Therefore, my experience is somewhat negative. Should I be able to find a good reporting tool to the effort in Jira, I will probably stop using Tempo.

Avantages

The reporting mostly. Time tracking is available in Jira so other than reports, I don't see much value

Inconvénients

I'm using Capacity tracker to plan my sprints and Tempo for tracking the team's efforts.
These two tools don't work well together.
Moving to Tempo Planner would increase my costs by a lot.

Pourquoi choisir Tempo Timesheets

I used TFS in the past, I used Jira in the past. Both worked for me. Redmine is not fit for purpose.

Lillian
  • Secteur d'activité : Développement de programmes

Great timesheet application

Publié le 18/10/2019

Even with the cons above still helps in one-stop-shopping with JIRA on all the information I need and the ability to export all fields to do reporting is very helpful with reports to clients and internal stakeholders.

Avantages

The different ways to be able to enter time - especially the daily view with the time. Good integration with JIRA and Ease in customizing and editing.

Inconvénients

Not being able to report fully on how I want (e.g., export into Excel indicating time by week periods); GUI issue where you have to scroll to the bottom to navigate - logged bug). Still not sure how to work the teams and calculation of remaining time vs estimation and ability to add a field to show % complete. Would be good to be able to select which fields to export to excel and save that - would save me a lot of time.