58 avis

Domotz Pro

Surveillance et gestion à distance dans le monde de l'IoT.

5 /5 (58 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
4,9
100% des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
58 avis
Howard H.
Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau
Traduire en français

Easy remote monitoring and access

Publié le 23/12/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Highly recommended! For £20 pm you will be hard pushed to find anything better.
There are many other remote access products but I have found them to be fiddly or time consuming, not to mention costly. We are a startup so cost is obviously very important to us. Domotz provides exactly what we need, with a simple interface and ease of use.

Avantages

Very easy interface, multiple installation options like Ubuntu, Synology and Docker to name a few. Easy setup which allows me to deploy within minutes. Recently deployed three agents to remote locations. The VPN feature allows us to keep full control.
A nice touch - the VPN can be configured to access via custom ports. I have a single box solution for a remote customer that is running a Type 1 Hypervisor and multiple VM's and Containers within. I can access everything via the VPN without any human involvement, which given the locations, is a must.

I also use the Android app for alarms (I can also access remote devices through the VPN from my phone) and this works well. remember to disable battery control on your Android, otherwise alarms can be delayed.

If using SNMP PoE devices, you can power cycle the port on the switch via the web interface or app. It also has great recognition of well known devices and will group them if required. For example, our office has several Samsung Smart TV's as well as Ubiquity network equipment. They have each been grouped which allows for quick access.

Inconvénients

None that hinder my requirements. The map (when using SNMP devices) is quick to populate however, you are unable to modify it's layout or add colour. This would be a nice touch. But this does not discourage my use of the product.

Stacus O.
Secteur d'activité: Matériel informatique

Proactive Monitoring

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 05/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Domotz Pro features and functions have opened up a multitude of avenues to exploit while monitoring our edge devices. Our team has the ability to address problems in real time and reduce overheads incurred through field engineer deployments. We can now centrally manage and monitor edge devices by drilling down to services affected at both a port and switch level. Additional to monitoring, Domotz has availed a reporting facility that we use to justify works done for our customers, a critical component when meeting Service Level Agreement Timelines.

Avantages

Everything! The Domotz team have developed a well thought out product that addresses the needs of the end user without the need of complex configurations seen in most RMM tools today. My personal favorite features include Domotz Eyes with Alerts, VPN on Demand, Network Monitoring, Web-hooks, VLAN support and IoT integrations.
Working with Embedded systems deployed across remote locations, there is no better tool to provide us with real time proactive monitoring of our remote assets.

Inconvénients

We have not experienced any Cons with the product thus far. However we are grateful to the development team that is constantly engaging with us to add features to the product and expand the scope of use with the ever changing Network and IT environments in to day's world

A great remote Network tool for every MSP

Publié le 09/12/2020
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

I am completely satisfied with the choice of using Domotz. I am mainly able to whatever I need to monitor my clients’ networks and all the devices connected to them. It definitely enhanced the way our technicians work, and the approach to the networks when dealing with issues. We have decided to use this for all of our clients as a best practice to provide a better service to them.

Avantages

This platform is super-easy to use: set-up of new sites to be monitored is a as simple as it should be. We can choose whether to use an existing NAS, a Windows or Linux Machie to scan the local network, as well as deploying a very simple hardware provided by Domotz. The service is very reach of functionalities. We do monitor and manage quite complex networks, and Domotz helps us understanding how the network is shaped (Network Topology Map available in Domotz) or exactly which ports of switches are used by which devices. For instance, this helped us when restructuring a network rack for one of our clients. Moreover, we use daily the Remote Connection functionalities, including the VPN on Demand, to access network devices and perform daily or weekly maintenance of them. The integration with Freshservice has been a life-changer: we are notified directly in our Ticketing System when something happens on the networks of our clients. However, we have not explored yet all the possibilities available in Domotz, even because they continue to enrich the offer with a very high pace.

Inconvénients

The integration with some documentation system (including Freshservice) should be enriched, so that it will be easier for our technicians to have all the information in one place. I would also like to see more network devices to be supported to backup their configuration, but I know their team is working on it.

Jonathan H.
Secteur d'activité: Hôtellerie
Traduire en français

Great way to show your internet provider speed issues, and excellent monitoring too

Publié le 26/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been running Domotz for almost 3 years across a number of networks.... the most beneficial has been across a medium size, distributed wifi network with 33 important devices (wifi access points, switches, routers, VOIP, security cameras, and wifi backhaul) being monitored. With domotz I can quickly identify issues and resolve them fast. The remote access is a bonus for when I am not on site.

Avantages

The best feature for us has not been the monitoring (which is great) but has been the network speed test that get run. Our only option for internet connection because of our location is a WiFi connection and we are at the limit of what the provider will install. After 2 years of operation we noticed a significant decrease in our internet performance. Rather than having a back and forward discussion with our provider about speeds and local network conditions etc we were able to provide data from domotz showing the speed and exactly when the speed dropped off. From this we were able to get an upgraded connection to match our internet plan

Inconvénients

The support team are excellent but you do need to contact them if you are replacing/upgrading hardware... small inconvenience that has only happed twice due to hardware upgrades.

Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

Great Software

Publié le 23/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'm a happy customer - its a simple pricing structure which makes it simple to deploy and use

Avantages

While there is other competitive options on the market, Domotz accomplishes its primary aspects in a more readable fashion. The reporting is useful and by and large the tool just works. They seem to always be making improvements and its been becoming a much stronger product.

Inconvénients

Feature development can take quite awhile but they work when they are released.

Matthieu H.
Secteur d'activité: Meubles

Great for SMB

Publié le 01/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have 4 small shops, each one with 1 our 2 computers, router with 2 WANs, VoIP phones Camera and Alarm.
All shops are connected via VPN to a server in our office and to a cloud server with our sales and accounting system.
All equipment and sub-networks are monitered from ou Synology server with Domotz installed.

Very simple
Scalable, even for not so small businesses
Great and quick support

Inconvénients

Limitation for sub-net monitoring (0 in lite plan, 3 in advanced plan, 8 in Premium).

Niclas R.
Traduire en français

Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 30/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Avantages

domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Inconvénients

Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

David L.

Domotz

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 21/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We use Domotz to provide access to all of the networked items such as printers, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, etc. Managed Service Providers typically provide access to desktops and servers. With Domotz we can provide access to all of the devices directly to their GUI interfaces without setting up a VPN.

1. Ease of use
2. Great support. I have only used email support and have implemented the support recommendations at my own pace. The support suggestions were spot on.
3. Layout is intuitive and designed well

1. In application support links would be beneficial
2. Updating of device information could happen quicker. i.e. if you rename a wireless access point it retains the old name until the following day
3. The VPN connection does not work consistently. ( I have not had time to work with support on this. Might be a me issue rather than the software issue.)

Mike E.

Must have MSP Tool

Publié le 01/10/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Domotz is a great tool and a must have tool for MSP. Not only is the software killer, their support is 5 stars!

Avantages

Domotz is a must have MSP tool. It gives us the ability to not only monitor and configure custom alerts for each of our clients but it allow us to quickly resolve issues right from the application or mobile app. Being able to quickly restart an access point or switch, turn on PoE on a specific port or create a tunnel to remotely access needed resources is super powerful.

Inconvénients

Domotz doesn't have the ability to collapse a single client's locations in one heading in the app.

Clayton p. B.
Secteur d'activité: Sécurité et enquêtes
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
Traduire en français

"Domotz - Time Savings and Better Decision Making"

Publié le 16/12/2020
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

Easy setup with multiple/flexible options. Domotz gives me amazing insight and intelligent reporting that makes my techs 2x smarter and more efficient. No more hunting through static netmaps, or hunting down the root cause, Domotz gives me all the information I need in an instant.
Amazingly affordable for the features and possibilities. I've only been a user for 6-7 months, but I'm finding new use cases for Domotz daily.
While I haven't rolled this out to my whole portfolio of 500 sites yet (12k cameras), the business case is an easy decision to help me manage our ever growing business.

Easy Deployment/Setup
Intelligent Design/UI/UX
Detailed Insights
Easy to Manage
Global view of issues
Network Topology - the greatest thing ever
Amazing support team

Inconvénients

If I had to get nitty gritty, the only thing I don't like is that I can't close out of a popup window by clicking outside of it...and that they "X" to close it out isn't in an ideal location.

Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase still, but for the price I can't knock Domotz for anything.

Chris B.
Secteur d'activité: Think tanks
Traduire en français

Best monitoring software I've found so far!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 27/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I love this monitoring software! I helped me identify a down device (it had become locked) when I was away. Paid for itself already. I'm a big fan!

Avantages

I've been looking for a long time for a small / home office monitoring software. I finally found a great solution that installs as an agent--I put it on my NAS--that discovers all wired/wireless devices and monitors their uptime. It can tell me if they are up or down, lose heartbeat, etc. It can also be "tuned" for those devices that might be a bit less "stable", sometimes losing their connections at night. You can designate connections as Important (always on) or Roaming (like a laptop that might not always be there). It has mobile (iPhone or Android) apps, plus can be run via Mac or PC apps. Alerts are sent via app or email. I have nearly 100 devices registered, and it works great! I'll be sticking with it!

Inconvénients

None of these were deal breakers for me. First, you need to install an agent locally: some people may prefer agentless monitoring via a third-party / cloud solution, but I have found the quality is lower in this case. Second, it is tedious at first to set up every device's attributes (is it a router or laptop, do you want alerts or not), but this is necessary to have it work properly. Third, it didn't discover one or two devices that don't have much communication but are on the network. I had to re-register them on the network to get the agent to find them. Finally, there are times that the agent sees some devices as losing and regaining connectivity dozens of times per hour. I haven't figured out yet if the issue is the device, my network, or the agent. But it floods my alerts! But this is only a minor inconvenience, and I can remotely reboot the device and it seems to solve the problem, making me think it isn't the agent.

Dan H.
Traduire en français

An invaluable service for small business

Publié le 23/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

Avantages

As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

Inconvénients

It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

Réponse de Domotz

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that.

With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum:

Scott W.

Great Product

Publié le 29/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Avantages

Easy to setup. We were using other products that were taking way too long to implement per project. Also, like how easy it is to get to reboot functionality. The software does a lot of intuitive things that make sense. For instance, having the ability to reboot a device over POE. It's not the function of this but implementation. It is automatically configured and setup for you. So if a device is POE and on a switch that is supported by Domotz you can just reboot it. No configuration.

They also come out with new features all the time. Building on the platform.

Inconvénients

Notifications. They have made progress. But even just the request to group email alerts still hasn't reinstated with the team. Sometimes I can get 50 email alerts on a site at the same time. They have new features that are paid to minimize some of this. But competing products do a much better job of not spamming when you have a widespread issue at a site. A simple combine all email alerts just in a 5-minute window would do a lot for this.

Nick K.
Traduire en français

A Digital, Onsite, Support Engineer!

Publié le 07/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Domotz has helped us to be more efficient with our maintenance and also assists with ongoing installations.
We fit a Domotz box as soon as we start on a project now, and even use as a temporary tool to provide fault finding diagnostics when taking over a project.

Avantages

We love the various features Domotz offers. The ability to monitor all of the devices on our smart home systems with ease and received notifications as soon as a issue is found.
Extremely good interface, much more intuitive than other brands we have used before.
Growing list of integration partners.
Simple and effective smart phone app for multiple users.

Inconvénients

We have quite a few clients so the costs creep up, but still far cheaper than sending an engineer to site and much quicker in most cases.

John B.
Secteur d'activité: Pétrole et énergies
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Traduire en français

There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Publié le 16/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later.

Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Avantages

The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight.

The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP.

No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well.

This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Inconvénients

My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago.

This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Tim G.

Excellent "now" network monitoring tool

Publié le 12/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use the box in high value private assets where there is no IT support onsite, this allows me to see and access what is going on. I think it is value for what you get, and happily pay a little more if the IT network monitoring would be more comprehensive and collected data more accessible.

Avantages

It's a simple unit (I only use the "Box" version), that you can in matter of minutes setup and integrate into the network. It collects detailed data and depending on the device has very integrated management features. Their customer support is fast and thorough, bending over backwards where they can.

Inconvénients

It's a now product, I like to look at the (recent) history and see if there are trouble patterns, it is hard to extract this from the interface. It also misses (standard, for me) features like network topology. Their "Fingbox" product at this time gives a better monthly report that the pro version. Currently I use another software tool to fullfill these extra features and end up paying double, money that I would pay on Domotz instead!

Nick M.
Secteur d'activité: Électronique grand public

DomotzPro

Publié le 20/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Domotz Pro allows us to ensure the highest probability for our installed systems to provide uninterrupted service to our clients. It also allows us to be more cost/time efficient as truck-rolls are only needed if it is determined a part needs replacement. It then also ensures that the relevant part is actually on the truck when it rolls....

We use this platform every day to make our lives and our clients lives less stressful....

Avantages

The software is easy to use, set-up, and implement. It gives immediate at-a-glance information on whether the site systems that we are maintaining are functioning as intended, or if a problem has arisen. We often know about issues long before the client is aware of them!

If an issue is notified then the software tools included allow us to drill down further to either resolve the issue remotely, or determine exactly which parts may need replacement .

It has turned our service department from being reactive to proactive, increasing client satisfaction, and adding to the client perception of us as a premium brand company.

Inconvénients

That it is so easy to implement and use that our competitors will be able to make use of it too.....!!

Shawn P.
Traduire en français

The best monitoring tool ever.

Publié le 13/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My satisfaction in the scale out of 10 is 9. I mostly was able to do whatever I need to monitor devices. It definitely enhanced the quality of our monitoring solution approach.

Avantages

The most value that I found from this software is that I can easily configure and deploy on my personal device (like Raspberry Pi) with multiple options of OS platform.

Furthermore, once Domotz was running on my device, most of features that I needed for monitoring were available and easy to use. The UI was concise and straightforward. Customization of monitored device info was practical and effortless.

I loved my whole experience with Domotz's features such as alert, report, third-party app integration, price, and so on...

Inconvénients

Though Domotzs has a great auto-generated reporting feature, it would have been really helpful for us if the user was able to customize report somehow with some visual graphs.

Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

Publié le 15/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Avantages

Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Inconvénients

I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

William V.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement

Works great for our Use

Publié le 04/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great Piece of software - Installed it in an Ubuntu VM on Proxmox and was up and running in less than 20 minutes. Where the schools have all been forced to go online, we needed a way to monitor all of online systems and know immediately if there were any issues. Domotz does that, email, Push Notifications, alerts when system gets overloaded, goes down etc... With the ability to remote into our servers and network equipment from the house - I haven't had to go to the CFCC Campus in 6 weeks or more. Highly recommend!

Avantages

The ability to remote into any system on our network
Alerts when there are issues
Ability to run in a VM

Can only scan a /24 network
Monthly Fee :)

Réponse de Domotz

Hi William, thanks for the review and we're glad you're enjoying the Domotz platform!

Also, we wanted to let you know that you can scan more than /24 network with Domotz. You can scan up to a /22 on the main network, and you can add multiple VLANs (L2 / L3) or private subnets (L3 only). Feel free to contact our support team if you want help setting that up or have any other questions regarding the product. (support@domotz.com) Thanks again!

Greg S.

Domotz - Is good!

Publié le 08/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Domotz has been an extremely useful tool that we use daily to manage our clients networks and associated devices. Integration with Crestron hardware has been fantastic and gives us a single user interface for remote management, access and alerts.
It has changed the way we offer customer service.

Avantages

I have been suing Domotz since it began and the features it incorporates just keeps growing.
They do pay attention to requests and work towards implementing them into their roadmaps.

Inconvénients

The only thing that really bothered us was the constantly changing plan pricing levels. However that has now been eliminated.

Samuel C.
Secteur d'activité: Transport routier/ferroviaire
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
Traduire en français

Perfect, essential for every IT administrator

Publié le 12/10/2018

Avantages

An indispensable program for administrators or IT technicians,
keeps track of all the company network products in order.
It allows in advance to intervene by the customer in case of failures,
the app is easy and intuitive, allows you to have alerts of what happens in the network in real time!
Forwarding have recently opened to third-party developers this means the possibility of integrating or having many innovations in terms of integration, from the asset software to the hw asset, I am confident that these indispensable functions will soon arrive!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
It was a long time since I was looking for a similar product

Inconvénients

I have not seen any obvious defects, the only improvement I can recommend, to lighten up the old-style PC graphics

Wayne H.

Fantastic for small MSP

Publié le 30/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The experience has been fantastic. I am not an MSP so cost is a big deal.
You get a lot of bang for your buck with this especially when you support home users.
The monitoring and alerts alone are so worth it.
Also the raspberry pi or linux agent support is fantastic.
I run my main agent in a ubuntu vm in VMware ESXi and it runs flawlessly.
All my other sites are run off Raspberry pi 3's. Also run flawlessly.

Avantages

Ease of use is a big plus. The web interface and mobile app are nice and polished. The ability to create a direct link to a certain service e.g ssh or http(s) is my most used feature.
Being able to set custom alerts is also a big plus.

Inconvénients

The software isn't as intuitive as I would like with discovery or vendor support.
But each release seems to get better and better.

Christopher F.
Secteur d'activité: Hôtellerie

Domotz for remote administration

Publié le 07/11/2020

Fast, easy, and stable

Avantages

This cost effective little box packs a bunch of features such as active monitoring and notifications, remote connection to network devices, and a easy to read and understand dashboard.

Inconvénients

I use this device to remotely access devices on distant networks and the software currently only allows for a single concurrent session. I would like the ability to open multiple connections in a single session. I would also like to see the company offer an enterprise subscription model and an easier way to manage subscriptions.

Jayce P.
Secteur d'activité: Sports

Great and simple

Publié le 26/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I can monitor 2 distant sites with no tech on site. One of this site is a 72ha area with multiple buildings.

Avantages

The simplicity. You plug, connect your account and it just works.

Inconvénients

It lacks 2 features : the automatic cleaning of offline devices after X days offline. It's either we delete all offline device or manually delete them one by one.
Also, I'd like a way to link location to real locations on a map instead of only have the location of agents on maps.