Open Black Belt

Un logiciel web d'arts martiaux

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

39 avis

Lisa H.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Excellent do it all martial arts program

Publié le 28/03/2017

This program serves all my needs for my martial arts program! If I have had an issue, it has been resolved promptly, customer service is,quick and amazing!

Avantages

The ease of use, that it's designed specifically for the purpose of managing my system.

Inconvénients

Their app isn't ready... yet!

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the awesome review. We hope to have the Android version ready for alpha testing soon(within the next week)

John K.
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

Great Martial Arts software

Publié le 10/04/2021

Perfect for any martial arts or self defence school that needs to track things like ranking, attendance, scheduling, reporting, payments and billing... the list just goes on.

Avantages

I chose OBB when I first started my self defence school. It is easy to use and has heaps of features that help keep me organised. The attendance tracking is great, by the click of a button I can see how many classes a student has attended at any given time.

Inconvénients

Even though there are direct debit options integrated with the software it would be great if GoCardless was one of the options. Plus I am located in Australia so when I reach out to customer support I am usually waiting a day or two before I hear anything.

Alternatives envisagées

Gymdesk

Pourquoi passer à Open Black Belt

Had everything I needed to get my school off the ground and organised.

Réponse de Open Black Belt Traduire en français

Thanks for the review. We hope to add direct debit options soon

Michael G.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Average student software

Publié le 31/03/2017

I found the software useful and easy to use. However tech support did not address my concerns very well. Many attributes in the software seemed to be lacking, rank updates for example.

Inconvénients

I thought many of the software attributes and reports were not useful as constructed.

Réponse de Open Black Belt Traduire en français

Thanks for the review. We would love to hear your ideas on making our solution better suited to your needs. Please feel free to contact us support@openblackbelt.com

Kyle M.

• Support client

Was a great entry level member management option

Publié le 04/04/2017

I enjoyed the simplicity and minimalist design with open black belt. It was incredibly helpful to have a free option to go in and try it out before I purchased anything. I found it easy to add members and programs and communicate with my members.

Ultimately, it lacked some functionality in the payment and point of sale areas. To put this in context, the payment options for recurring billing and such were just getting started with openblackbelt while I was a full member so that may have changed now.

I had signed up with openblackbelt as I was tired of mindbody online (too many unused options for me) but the payment integration was still in progress and I was not able to wait to get everything worked out. The merchant processor (Signa pay I think) also lacked POS support so ultimately I had to have two separate programs. This simply became too much hassle to deal with on a consistent basis and I found another place that could do both pretty week..

Overall, I was pleased with openblackbelt. I needed something with a integrated POS option and recurring billing support in one spot, and that was something I had to find elsewhere.

Réponse de Open Black Belt Traduire en français

Thanks for the review. We are working on making our integration with payment providers a more optimized and seamless experience. Feel free to contact us at support@openblackbelt.com

Kevin D.

A key part of our dojo!

Publié le 15/08/2015

Open Black Belt Pro has streamlined our student tracking and sign-in practices. We were using the classic "binder" method of storing registration forms and having students check off the date as they attended class.

Now, with Open Black Belt, we store our forms in a box and use the "Self Check-in" system with barcodes. We purchased a laptop and barcode scanner gun primarily for this purpose. We are also able to use an iPad during class to make notes on students or to do check-in manually.

All of our Senseis can access student information from home to check attendance to help prepare for gradings and other events.

The "Customer Support" is second to none! Open Black Belt is constantly asking its users for suggestions and to try new additions to the system. Any time we have needed assistance for something Open Black Belt has responded quickly with easy-to-follow instructions.

Joining OBB Pro has proven to be a wise, and affordable, investment for our dojo. We couldn't be happier with Open Black Belt.

Réponse de Open Black Belt Traduire en français

Thanks for being such a wonderful customer, we are glad to hear Open Black Belt is an integral part of your school.

Kyle K.
  • Secteur d'activité : Formation professionnelle et coaching
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Excelent, Easy to use software. I love it.

Publié le 28/03/2017

Layed out nicely. Does everthing I need it to do. Does everthing they claim it can do. I always had everything available at a quick glance and/or click.

Avantages

Ease of use. Very easy to use, interact with and understand.

Inconvénients

I can't think of any cons. It did exactly what I needed it to do.

Jeremy T.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Software for the new school owner

Publié le 28/03/2017

We did the trial and it was nice, but not exactly what we needed in the long run. I would recommend this software for those just getting started for the first time in running a school. Easy to use and eases you into management software if you are not used to being in front of a computer.

Inconvénients

Did not have some of the marketing tools that their leading competitors have

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for the review. We would love to hear your ideas on new marketing tools we can implement for the future. Please feel free to contact us.

David W.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

More than capable of running a Dojo

Publié le 28/03/2017

I cam across this applicatiobn by chance and although it is not exactly easy to use since the user interface is a bit too techy it is more than capable of running a dojoo.
Overall I think in its current version it is worth its score and with a bit more effort it could easily move to 4/5. Thank you for taking your time to build this app.

Avantages

Straight forward rationale behind it with good features and performance.

Inconvénients

Poor user interface or rather it should be less techy.

Réponse de Open Black Belt Traduire en français

Thanks for the review David. My team would like to hear more about your experience with the OBB interface. Please free to email us at support@openblackbelt.com

Jerry B.

• Support client

Great management software to stay on top of student info, attendance, and communication!

Publié le 23/04/2015

We have been using Open Black Belt for well over a year and a half now and it is nice to see the growth and constant updates to it. Without it, it would be difficult to run a school and be as efficient as it allows us to be. Three of the most useful features for us is access to emergency contact info (should we ever need it), Student Check In (this helps us stay on top of attendance and promotion requirements), and being able to send out mass emails (so that we can keep everyone on the same page). We know there is other software out there, we have been reached out to and have gone through demonstrations with them. We just don't see a need to change what we currently have working for us.

Thanks Jerry

Jackie B.
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Solid and Simple

Publié le 28/03/2017

If you want a simple, solid martial arts management software, Open Black Belt fits the bill. Not overloaded with too many features you won't use.

Avantages

Simple and not over-filled with too many bells and whistles.

Inconvénients

At the time there was no integration with MailChimp.

Réponse de Open Black Belt Traduire en français

Thanks for the review Jackie. We would love to hear more about the MailChimp integration feature. Please contact us about this.

Karra L.

• Support client

Super fast response and great product

Publié le 27/06/2017

Avantages

The ability to list rank. It was great to be able to log attendance so you can see their attendance as a promotion factor.

Inconvénients

Inability to maintain belt progression. I - received blue belt 6/1, 1st stripe was received on 7/1 etc

Thanks for the review

Brian W.
  • Secteur d'activité : Sports
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great tool for a busy dojo.

Publié le 28/03/2017

Open Blackbelt has been the cornerstone of running my dojo. It's simple yet functional interface makes it easy to use on all my devices and there have been no problems since I started using it some time ago. Highly valued and recommended.

Easy interface

None

Karra L.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et installations de loisirs

Great Software and service

Publié le 28/03/2017

I was using mind body but it just didn't really fit for our gym. Got a call about this at the perfect time. Not only is it 1/4 of the price but it has better features and the credit processing is way cheaper

Attendance log

No mobile app yet.

Bryce F.

Open Black Belt is great

Publié le 12/05/2015

I am a big fan of Open Black Belt(OBB)
Their software is set up for the perfect workflow when involving the details of running a gym. Overall the best product of it's kind.
Whether it be the bulk emailing, keeping track of your students, or tracking inventory, OBB makes everything much more efficient.
I have also had the privilege to work directly with OBB involving advertisement, and they are great to work with. Very professional, and they genuinely want to help out.

Carel-piet V.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Loved it until the changes

Publié le 28/03/2017

Absolutely adored the software, especially the mindset behind it. Stopped using it when my "free" version suddenly had to be paid for.

Excellent functionality

Misleading regarding pricing/membership

Hi Carl

We had recently changed our pricing but notified our members on our site many months in advance of the changes. We are considering different tiers of membership for the future. Please feel free to contact us.

Valda E.

Great customer service

Publié le 07/08/2015

The customer service representatives at Open Black Belt have been great. We've had several different issues come up, and they are very responsive.

OBB also have been really good about implementing suggestions for new reports or functionality. This is a great product that add a lot of value to our business.

Réponse de Open Black Belt Traduire en français

Thanks Valda, we love hearing suggestions for our members and have more features coming soon.

Samuel B.

• Support client

You can run your own martial arts organization without the help of the open black belt service

Publié le 06/04/2017

I run a small Capoeira group. As the director it is very challenging to stay organized, promote my classes, and maintain a high level of quality teaching classes. This service appeared to be a very useful tool to help me in all of these areas. Unfortunately open black belt just allowed to do a bunch of fill in the blanks about my group and my student's. I can organize my group with in a similar fashion using any free spreadsheet program out there. Open black belt could be a lot more effective if it offered some features that could provide new insight into how to organize and improve the various aspects of running a martial arts business.

Hi Samuel

We would love to hear your input on how we can make our solution work for you, please feel free to email us at support@openblackbelt.com

Shawn L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Big money saver!!

Publié le 04/04/2017

Huge saving on merchant part, unbelievable rate and pretty easy to use.
Many features including mobile app on managing part and fast response when asked thru chat box. But It is still work in progress.

Huge Saving on merchant part

Managing part needs improvement

Rosa M.
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Helpful for every and any business

Publié le 04/04/2017

I was able to find everything I needed. Capterra saved me countless hours and present their pages clean and easily read. If i had to research the vendors it would have taken me weeks. Instead now I am ahead of my deliverable goal and was able to make an educated decision. I would highly recommend

Avantages

information easy to read. organized well. aids in decision making. comparison tool.

some reviews are lacking

Ron A.

Top Notch Customer Support

Publié le 27/02/2017

After test driving several different MA student databases, this one has been one of the easiest and straightforward systems I've seen. Most importantly, they have given the BEST customer support by far compared the others I've tried. Response is almost always immediate.

Réponse de Open Black Belt Traduire en français

Glad to hear our support is the best :)

Christa C.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Open Black Belt

Publié le 31/03/2017

We owned a small dojo for about 2 years. I initially signed up for free trials to review many different software platforms. We had about 40-50 students. We've since sold the business to a friend but I found that a lot of the platforms seemed to cater to larger dojos. They were usually out of our price range. I logged into Open Black Belt again to review the options and it looks different when compare dot what I saw 2 years ago. The price seems reasonable and you've added a lot of new features. At the time I was looking for a system that would help me keep track of attendance without manually entering it. I also wanted something that could help me take and track payments. The software as it sits now looks amazing. I ended up keeping track of everything manually but given what you have available at this time I think I would have signed up for the monthly payments. I like that you added a marketing piece as well. I'll pass your info along to the new owners.

Bonnie S.

• Support client

Only if it had a calendar

Publié le 28/03/2017

I would be so onboard with this software if there was a calendar function. I'm currently with zen planner and love that function

Hi Bonnie

Thanks for the review. Our development team is working on calendar functionality and would love to hear your input on this. Please feel free to contact us.

David A.

Open BB for school of 100 students

Publié le 04/04/2017

So far, Open Black Belt has been a positive experience. Most other companies have billing "included" and a much higher price. I don't need billing software, so it would have been a waste to pay more money per month for a feature I'm not using.

Ricardo J.

Good experience

Publié le 04/04/2017

The software is a good solution for management innyour martial art school. I would recomend improve in it for manage several schools simultaniously.

Thanks for the review

Wayne C.

goodness of open blackbelt

Publié le 29/03/2017

actually open blackbelt is enjoyable to use and follow.it contains important educational lessons.since l have srarted them am becoming more stronger