556 avis

QuickBooks Enterprise

Comptabilité d'entreprise, FSM et solution de gestion des stocks

4 /5 (556 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
Secteur d'activité: Immobilier

Perfect Accounting software for firms

Publié le 13/10/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It feel so great and good to have a product that help you achieve 90% of your goal,it is a perfect accounting software to achieve your accounting task, it has significantly enhance my work and the work in my company.

Avantages

The great thing QuickBooks is that it is very easy to use software, with a basic accounting and computer skill, you can comfortably use it. Another great quality is that it link banks transaction with prepared invoices there by making accounting work easy. Its numerous features makes accounting work very easy.

Inconvénients

One set back about this software is that sometimes its slow to respond when functioning, but with the updates, I have seen great improvement. Also it is expensive but the value it add, makes ones to forget it.

Réponse de QuickBooks France

Thanks for reviewing, Elibe. Please know we've crafted a ton of tools to ensure our software is always functioning as optimally as designed. When it comes to slow response times, the info in this Community hosted article provides excellent troubleshooting steps (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502333).

I'm thrilled to read we're doing our part to help you meet your goals, by the way. Comments like yours are a pleasure to come by, and we're proud to be backing BNL Group. Please know if you have any questions about cost-efficient options that my inbox is open (QBCares@Intuit.com). Reach out anytime, and take care!

Secteur d'activité: Immobilier
Traduire en français

More than enough for our small company

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 03/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Avantages

QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Inconvénients

It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

Réponse de Intuit

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Molly G.

Most efficient accounting software

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 16/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

We have been using QuickBooks Enterprise for Contractors for 6 months now. Out of the 3 accounting softwares I have used in the past 8 years, this is the most efficient and comprehensive program. It syncs with our CRM, making job setup and invoicing a breeze. We have been able to streamline our processes, saving money by not needing to hire another person to do office work. QuickBooks is so easy to use and make accounting corrections. The Company Snapshot is my favorite aspect, where I can view all the most important items I need to see (Income/Expenses, AP and AR, etc.) in real time.

Avantages

Ease of use, reporting capabilities, syncs with third party apps (CRM programs, etc.), company snapshot page

Inconvénients

One of my favorite things about it is how easy it is to use, but on the flipside, that can be a "con" as there aren't many ways to safeguard against making incorrect entries, which could be common with a user who isn't famliar with accounting.

Kevin H.

I'm focusing on CONSTRUCTION PAYROLL here, not A/P, A/R, G/L

Publié le 03/05/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It was a real learning curve for me. Honestly, for years I would have given QB very high remarks, but that was BEFORE I had to start using the PAYROLL module to do heavy duty use, construction Job Costing and such. I'm now in discussion with the company Controller about going to different software. I'm a nice guy, but I've come to loath the problems and trying to get any help from QB, i.e., called Assisted Payroll, "I have this problem you can see on the screen." "Oh, that's not an Assisted Payroll problem, I'll get you over to Tech Support..." First thing Tech Support guy says, "Oh, that's an Assisted Payroll problem. I'll transfer you over to them." OK, and on it goes. We purchased a 30-user Enterprise 2018 for a reason. We have many users, accounting, owners, construction managers, those using Remote Desktop into the Server, etc. Last support (yesterday) said I need to be logged in as Admin (excuse me, but that is the Controller, who uses QB every day & is way above my pay grade), and in Single User mode. Are you kidding me? "Oh, you want to be able to put this car in reverse? Only when you are facing North and only on the second Tuesday of the week." Am I sounding a bit ridiculous? Well, that's about what support is now sounding like to me.

Avantages

I gave highest (4-stars) in ease of use.

Inconvénients

The P/R module has been like the ugly, red-headed step child of QB. For YEARS, I used the help/feedback. Never so much as heard that anything was received. No changes have been made, lots of errors/bugs, VERY poor job costing ability, I'm now told you must be Admin & logged in as single user. My list of problems & suggestions is LONG, but none of their resources (time, money for development) have been put into fixing/upgrading this very old module. It's OK if you have a couple of office staff and do payroll for them, but if you are larger and really need to do Job Costing? Forget it. Staff WANTS to be helpful, but 1) they can't change what the program is sorely lacking; and 2) very often I've gotten "newbie" support personnel that hardly have a clue themselves as to what the program can/can't do or don't understand simple constraints in business. Yes, I can give MANY very specific examples, but no one that matters (has the authority/ability to make any changes) cares. Apparently we who push/need the payroll to do construction/job costing are just too few to warrant attention. I've been using QB since the day it came out. I know, that really dates me, but my point is that I am certainly no newcomer to QB. The next category only went "2+ years". Not nearly long enough.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 1.0/10

Mary C.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
Traduire en français

Easy to use for non-profit

Publié le 24/04/2020

Avantages

super easy to setup our new accounts and keep up to date with data. Prints reports with ease and easy to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Inconvénients

Even though we are a not for profit, it still shows many accounts and reports as profit/loss. This is not an issue for me, but our board of directors has issues with it, so I have to rename the reports to remove that. Just an extra step.

Vladimir S.
Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications
Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Excellent Enterprise Accounting Software

Publié le 11/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

QickBooks Enterprise has solved the big problem of service cataloguing, invoicing, billing, tracking expenses, etc. It easily manages all elements of my daily business operations, taking any guesswork out of the equation.

Avantages

QuickBooks Enterprise offers impressive features making it super easy to run all aspects of my small-business. A plethora of available options and details in the software, makes it a breeze for daily usage and help me run the tasks of my company.

Inconvénients

Realistically, the only CON is the fact that the desktop version is not compatible with MacOS which many people use, nowadays. So the user will either have to purchase a Windows OS based PC, or subscribe to a cloud based thin-client service that runs Micorsoft OS.

Chris H.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité

Great Product for the Average Business

Publié le 16/01/2020

Avantages

What I like most about Quickbooks Enterprise (QBE) is the ease of use and straightforward design. I also like the amount of customization you can do in terms of forms and payment reminders.

Inconvénients

The aspect of QBE I like the least would have to be their communication on when updates are happening. There have been multiple occasions when all of a sudden the entire company cannot access QBE and it has put much of our business to a standstill at times.

Chris B.
Secteur d'activité: Musique

Great Comprehensive Software for a Company That is Just Emerging

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 22/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The first hurdle was getting used to the new software. A person isn't left alone though and there is alot of information online to assist you until it becomes routine . All in all, this is very good software for a smaller business.

Avantages

This is a really good all around type software which is anchored in the accounting segment of your business. You can have up to thirty users and the administrator can set up restrictions and controls so the staff can only access segments of your data. This is particularly handy when you have staff that need to be able to enter information on inventory but you don't want them to have the access to your business' accounting information as a whole. The root of of the program is for transparency to your bottom line but it goes much further than that. The software is flexible enough that it would be suitable for pretty much any industry a small business would run in to suffice for all of their software tracking needs. Where the real value is for me in on the Inventory Management workflows.

Some of the more exciting features revolve around the rules that can be set up for expediting business processes. Once such rule is around inventory purchasing. If you have your agreements set up with a vendor you can have the software authorize and cut POs directly when your internal rules dictate that the purchase is necessary. This saves a ton of time from having to have someone manually vette and authorized routine low cost consumable type items.

There is now mobility integration as well and although I haven't had a chance to dive into the different apps that are available they look promising for any company that has a field operational workforce.

Inconvénients

Some of the features seemed excessive for the level of detail that a smaller business requires. Perhaps this is to hit a more vast market group but it was a bit encumbering to get used to at first.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear how the features of QuickBooks have helped you manage your accounting needs. From inventory management to setting up multiple users, you can count on QuickBooks to back you each step of the way. When designing our products, we want them to be accessible for any business owner from any industry to take charge of their books. With that being said, it takes time to get used to a new software. To help with this, we have multiple resources available online, like our Community site (http://community.intuit.com/), to make it easier to become familiar. We're so glad you're enjoying QuickBooks and look forward to working with you for years to come.

All the best,
Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Jon M.
Secteur d'activité: Équipement et fournitures de bureau

'Enterprise' Appellation Undeserved

Publié le 12/04/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

The unfortunate fact is that a QB Company file can become corrupted at any time for numerous reasons, and once corrupted your primary option is to submit the file to the Intuit Data Recovery team, who inform you that their repair effort will take up to three (3) business days, during which time your business operations are effectively suspended. My advice is to consider carefully whether your business can recover from such a disruption before betting its future on QB as a business operations platform.

Avantages

QuickBooks does a fine job with basic accounting functions, is relatively easy to use, and the report suite is more than adequate for small businesses.

Inconvénients

QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing & Wholesale version simply does not work as advertised, as two examples among many will demonstrate. QB offers 'Advanced Pricing' functionality which enables the user to define and apply pricing rules across their client roster and inventory items list. These rules are intended to allow the QB user to apply a 60% across-the-board discount for clients Ajax and AAA, while clients Acme and Consolidated receive that same discount plus custom pricing on items X, Y, and Z. However, after the pricing rules have been applied and those clients are being billed, changing the invoice or ship date results in the deletion of the shipping cost line-item, and changes to the pricing of items on the invoice. Research with QB support revealed that Advanced Pricing suffers from a bug that was known to Intuit for at least 1 month prior to when I invoked the Advanced Pricing functionality, and a full month later Intuit has been unable to remedy the bug. After invoking the 'Advanced Inventory' feature-set, which automatically creates a drop-ship warehouse site, I learned that product being purchased from a supplier and shipped directly to our client was being removed by QB from the count of physical inventory resident on our premises. Intuit tech support rep's response was (paraphrased) "That doesn't seem right, but I don't know much about Advanced Inventory - you should call back tomorrow morning, as the day-shift staff have more tenure and are more knowledgeable".

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 2.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Biens de consommation
Traduire en français

Quick Books Enterprise (for use in small businesses)

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 03/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Quickbooks does the job and this program has been around for a long time. They do have features that most any small business could want. But when problems or questions come up, it can be very frustrating and time-consuming to try to figure things out.

Avantages

What I like most about this software is that the layout and flow doesn't seem to change a huge amount as each new version comes out. The accountant whom I help with using Quick Books Enterprise has used this software for many years and is still able to do many of the same functions in the same way for all of this time.

Inconvénients

What I like least about this software is dealing with customer support. When you call, you do always talk to someone live, but you often have to stay on hold for at least several minutes. When you do talk to a support rep, they often do not have the answer and will ask for time to research the issue and call you back. If they do not call back for several hours, this often limits what I can do while I am waiting on them.

We had one problem that was never solved. At one time we use the cloud backup solution, but after a number of months using this, we switched to using a different vendor for backing up the quick book files. After going through the documented uninstall process, the Quick Books backup feature still continues to load and prompt us to backup - even through we discontinued services long ago and have called in for support in removing this several times without getting a workable answer.

Chris L.
Secteur d'activité: Fabrication électrique/électronique
Traduire en français

Ideal for some, but quickly outgrown

Publié le 29/08/2016

Avantages

Ease of use, and very quick to learn. This version allows up to 10 concurrent users.

The audit trail and stock reports are very user friendly with plenty of filters. Expect a very quick turnaround training new staff and getting them up to speed, as the interface and functionality is hard not to grasp.

Customer service is located in North America. From my experience, after upgrading to the Enterprise version, our account manager usually responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. There is also a toll free line for any technical/database bug issues

In the Canadian version, plugging in to SQL server is the way to go in order to obtain custom reports.

Inconvénients

The role centers, although a step up from the Premier version, "handcuff" users to certain roles. When it comes to the general ledger, the "all-or-nothing" functionality doesn't allow the controller to shut off access to certain parts of the financials. Ideally, the controller should be able to define a role center to allow posting/viewing in certain account groups and not to others.

Inability to approve and subsequently lock down POs and SOs. Once a PO/SO gets issued, a user with basic access can always change unit costs and quantities. This hinders the business' scaleability.

The Canadian version no longer allows the user to compress the data file in previous periods. This may be frustrating for companies who rely on lengthy journal entries, as the database file size will exponentially grow.

If you are a job shop (or project-based company), do not expect much in terms of job-cost reporting. The software is limited to populating a customer field when posting an expense. You will have to manually set up jobs as customers and instruct staff to classify expenses under the proper subgroup.

In my experience, the only real noticeable difference between enterprise and premier is the number of concurrent users (5 vs 10).

Stephanie G.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Traduire en français

Great for a novice but pricey

Publié le 21/08/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, it's pretty good. If they could make their upgrades an easier transition and come up with a simple inventory conversion plan - I would be a happy client.

Avantages

Love that you get the upgrades and you can update your system. Love that it is user friendly - I was able to figure it out with basic (very basic) accounting knowledge. It's also pretty forgiving in that if you do a transaction the wrong way, you can delete and redo it.

Inconvénients

Two things: 1 it doesn't have an easy way to migrate from POS to Quickbooks for inventory. I am hesitant to change over as there doesn't seem to be an easy transition plan for a small business owner and 2 EVERY TIME there is an upgrade - there is an issue with our bank downloads. It's as if it takes a few days or a few weeks for either Quickbooks to notify the banks to update their code or whether it takes awhile for the adjustments to be made. This can be anything from not being able to download or import AT ALL or whether or not your mouse will even click when selecting a bank transaction. As a result, we wait a few weeks before downloading and upgrading to reduce the impact to our bank transactions. We have too many to hand key.

Réponse de Intuit

Hi there, Stephanie. First things first, I'll exhaust my resources to ensure the mentioned Cons are addressed. While you can synchronize POS and Desktop items and accounts (community.intuit.com/articles/1588763), I appreciate you broaching your issues with transitioning. Rest assured, we have a wealth of insights to help along the way.

As a prime example, the article above is hosted by our Community space. Should you run into bank downloads again, I encourage you to check this other overview at community.intuit.com/articles/1501199. You deserve to upgrade your software as seamlessly as it's designed to be, and there's a step-by-step guide here: community.intuit.com/articles/1501544. As an added benefit, this article has handy links that cover what to do in the vent of an issue.

As for pricing, feel free to reach out to me directly (QBCares@Intuit.com). I have the visibility to help, and can gladly discuss what cost-efficient options you have.

Michael M.
Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Feel Trapped With No Options

Publié le 15/12/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc.
When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income I have taken in minus the non-taxable income. My old desktop version showed this all on one page. In QuickBooks online it is like pulling teeth to obtain that information, I usually have to call support and sometimes they can do it sometimes not.
I just bought an obsolete Dell laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed on it, my plan is to install a desktop version of QB software on it and it will be safe to use until 2020 when Windows 7 Pro support ends. Then I may disable the wifi connection and just use it for the QB!

Avantages

When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Inconvénients

When I need to go to a customer whose name begins with R I can't just scroll to the R's! I have to page through, scrolling to the bottom of each page to get to the right area or go to the last page and page backwards. Why do they not put a next page icon on the TOP of each page also? The point of using software online is to save time and money, my time is worth money! Recently there were updates that didn't work correctly and left me with no icon on my desktop. I didn't want to call support because it always takes an hour or more. I tried the help forum and got 2 answers neither of which worked. Finally, there was a 3rd update and I got it straightened out.

Craig D.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité

Hosting Switch Handled Terribly By Intuit

Publié le 01/08/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Find another product. Don't hitch your horse to this wagon. This company doesn't care about your needs. Only saving money on hosting.

Avantages

Quickbooks has been the cornerstone of our business for 15 years. The enterprise version is robust enough to cover our needs as a medium sized business. Our accountant likes it too. Until now, I've never considered using anyone else.

Inconvénients

I loved this product when I made the move to the cloud a year ago. There were a LOT of issues getting it to work. However the support provided was high quality and very responsive. Two months ago they changed cloud hosting companies without any notice. We just went into work and our books were offline. Our books went offline for 2 weeks. Only ONE of us could login. (There are 5 of us so one person had to do quotes and admin for everyone) They no longer allowed you to call for support and made you post support ticket, after support ticket, after support ticket that went unanswered. They were on a 3 hour different time zone so if we had an issue at 2pm, we didn't hear back for 1-3 days. We couldn't bill our customers for three weeks. We couldn't quote our customers for three weeks (think crappy looking excel sheets that require re-entry into quickbooks instead of high quality, professional quotes). There was absolutely no way to get a human being on the phone to help us. Eventually we called the sales line and nobody gave a crap. No compensation offered. NO free month. NO apology. Shortly after the hosting move we were evacuated by British Columbia wildfires from our office for three weeks. Nobody in our office could work on quickbooks from outside our office. So at the time we needed our software to perform the most, the product failed. What is the point of having cloud software if the support is so poor that you can't get help?

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Scott N.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Traduire en français

QuickBooks, it's pretty solid, but there are some catches

Publié le 21/04/2016

Avantages

Quicken is great at putting things together in an easy to use package. It's pretty much what they do. That said, QuickBooks is just that. It's a great small business accounting package. Business owners with almost any level of accounting experience can keep their books, pay employees, view reports, pay taxes, manage bank accounts and do just about anything they would expect to keep their business running.

Their customer service is excellent. I haven't called them many times, but I did always get a quick answer to my question. I also liked the fact that the people I talked with didn't seem to be from another country. Good customer support isn't easy to find these days.

Inconvénients

The one downside to Quicken is that they're also very good at making sure you have to pay them on a consistent basis. While things are comparatively easy to use, they aren't always the best deal. Payroll is a prime example of this. The pricing for Quickbooks payroll is competitive on the surface. They charge a base rate determined by the number of employees you have. (The basic level is for 3 employees or less). They also charge a small sum every time you run a direct deposit check. Their price is fair for the simplicity of having everything in one place. But the catch is that you will be forced to upgrade your software every two years to continue utilizing their payroll service. When you start shopping around, you can find cheaper payroll services that offer a much higher level of service. For me it was worth the extra 10 minutes a month to have someone else file payroll tax forms and cut the checks.

I don't begrudge Quicken for operating this way. Honestly, if they weren't able to find a way to keep revenue coming in, they couldn't offer the excellent product and services they do. But for me, there was no inherent value in the upgrade other than the continuation of a seemingly more expensive payroll service.

David R.
Secteur d'activité: Exploitation minière et métaux

User for 20+ businesses

Publié le 18/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I can easily view financial data thru any consolidation of sites' performance that desire. Slicing and dicing financial information is so easy with this software.

Avantages

The Enterprise version is fantastic for running multiple companies from one software. I used this program to run over 20 companies and utilized the functions of the program to slice and dice the financial data for any type of comparison that a person might want to see. I could easily group the business by "like-kind" businesses and review their financial numbers or I could just as easily run a consolidated report for all 20+ companies on one report. Don't let anyone tell you that QuickBook Enterprise is not suited for multiple businesses because I was running it without any problems. Our payroll was outsourced so this allowed for plenty of room and speed for QB Enterprise to really perform.

Inconvénients

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software. In fact, I can't say enough positive things about it.

Réponse de Intuit

Awesome review, David! We love knowing that QuickBooks is such a helpful tool in your daily business routine. You can rest easy knowing the data for each company is safe and organized in one space. To continue learning about ways to use your account, we recommend checking out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/

Thanks for making our day!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Karen W.

User friendly accounting software

Publié le 11/07/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Easy to use for basic accounting functions.

Avantages

I like QB Enterprise because it can accommodate large amounts of data. I use a very extensive client list and I've never had a problem with corruption . The iconic home page is easy to navigate; preferences can be changed based on the user. The built in tutorials are helpful for newer users. More importantly for me, I can set reminders and automate recurring bills.

Inconvénients

I used QuickBooks in my former position in an accounting firm, and found that it's not geared toward real estate and property investing. Sometimes the reports don't print properly.

Réponse de Intuit

Happy Friday, Karen. It's always awesome to come across reviews like yours, and I'm delighted QuickBooks has automated so many of your tasks. Since you're using Desktop, this article has some helpful insights into setting up the software for property management: community.intuit.com/articles/1502157. We're proud to be backing many different industry types, spanning from (but not limited to) contractors, manufacturers, and retailers.

The link above is hosted on our Community forum, which doubles as a digital library of how-to and troubleshooting resources. Another example of what you can find there is the following link, which details how to fix report printing: community.intuit.com/articles/1502297.

This should get you squared away, and your expert insight is so appreciated. I'm wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!

Using Quickbooks

Publié le 02/11/2018

Avantages

I am in QB daily either entering work orders, invoices, and other general information. I find the ease of setting up a new customer or new work order to be wonderful.

Inconvénients

My one issue with QB is for sales tax tracking. I see invoices on my list that have either been recently created or are past due. The list that I need should not include this information. I have created a spreadsheet to keep track of the taxes and have yet to see the numbers in my spreadsheet match the numbers in QB

Réponse de Intuit

I appreciate you taking the time out to review. It's wonderful to read the software has been a daily help, as comments like yours are why we do this.

I'm happy to help you customize your lists to better track sales tax within QB. A spreadsheet is an excellent workaround, but I've got a great suggestion. If you're running a report using the Accrual method of accounting, all invoices are being counted. This includes both past due and newer ones for which you haven't received payment. Conversely, the Cash basis only tracks taxes for the payments you have seen (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Change-the-accounting-method/m-p/186425).

I encourage you to try customizing your tax summaries for Cash Basis (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Customize-reports/m-p/186005). Those numbers will match in no time!

Christina S.
Secteur d'activité: Santé, bien-être et fitness

Quickbooks Is Great For Small Businesses Past Start-Up Stage

Publié le 27/09/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We adopted this software when the company began growing, and I think the software is perfect for a company that has at least 5 or 6 employees. I do run a small business on the side, and it is not ready for quickbooks. For the price, it's great for established businesses

Avantages

It is fairly easy to figure out. I was able to enter inventory and learn most of the system within a week. It's also very easy to use. There were no features that I found it lacked. It's very easy to email over documents, and easy to work in the system remotely.

Inconvénients

The only issue I personally had was with the accounting section, but that is also not my forte. The company accountant has no problems with it whatsoever.

Hi Christina,

We really appreciate you choosing our software for your fitness studio's accounting needs. Sometimes, a helping hand is all a business owner needs to take charge of their accounting and inventory tracking. We're so glad QuickBooks is proving to be that helping hand for you.

As your business continues to grow, you can be confident that our software will continue to grow alongside it. We have more helpful and easy to use features planned for the future, so be sure to keep an eye on our blog to see what's in store: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Wishing you continued success!
-Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Jennifer B.
Secteur d'activité: Génie mécanique ou industriel

Overall Lots of different functionality

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 11/07/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Overall our company feels this software is worth what we are paying for it and are pleased with what the software is capable of and how customizable it is.

Avantages

I like how much information this software can capture. I love the different editions it has that are customized to the industry in which your business belongs to. We are a job based business so we have the capability to now set up jobs within quickbooks and run reports based off of the jobs. It cuts back on so much of the work I was doing before I switched over to Quickbooks Enterprise. It has eliminated by need for a outside collections app I now use the collections center that QB Enterprise offers. I have also cut back on so much time it originally toke me to perform payroll and invoicing there is just better and more customizable reports. I also love how much data this software can capture I have the ability to create custom fields with in my job information, I can attach files to my bills, invoices, customer jobs and parent accounts. I also like how there is a lead center that allows for keeping a record of basic sales leads.

Inconvénients

The software is not as user friendly but that is because it has so much functionality but I guess that is what the help feature is for. Additionally, there are little things that I wish I could have such as estimates converted to jobs report, more options when creating a budget such as setting it up as quarterly, or annually rather than just monthly, or the ability to batch edit all lists rather than just a few select ones. Also probably the major difficulty we have dealt with on this program is multi-user mode. There are so many features that you can't perform when in multi-user mode which is inconvenient because then it puts a hold on the your work flow while you wait for another user to complete their task in the software.

Sanjay S.
Secteur d'activité: Fabrication électrique/électronique

Extra ordinary accounting software

Publié le 01/08/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Small and medium enterprises must go for this softwar.

Avantages

Software loaded with lots of features which one will find very useful for accounting and controlling purpose. Software is best suitable for small and medium enterprises. Quickbooks enterprise version has features like ERP software.

1. Accounts and billing integration
2. Extraordinary Payroll facility to get out of Hassel of monthly Payroll issues.
3. Quick dashboard shortcuts to easily access the features.
4. Inbuilt Features from sales order to invoice processing to payment receipt.
5. Auto bank reconciliation so you never get stuck in reconciling your bank books.
6. Inbuilt accountant feature to easily analyse the exceptional transactions and rectify them.
7. Auto regular entry posting facility.
8. Widely accepted in more than 100 countries

Inconvénients

Actually there are no much consideration of the software

1. At initial level it is difficult understand all functionalities but once understood it is very useful.
2. Prices are comparatively higher than other softwares.
3. Cloud based version is more better.

Chris P.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
Traduire en français

Good for basic Accounting, prone to crashing though

Publié le 21/01/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

For banking, sending out Support/Software invoices, and tracking our expenses its solid. From a technical and user friendly perspective, C+. The price seems high now because we've been using it for a decade, when it was half as expensive as it is now. Plus they tie you into an Annual support contract now.

Avantages

Does a great job of keeping records, especially basic accounting. Love the history, notes, Email functionality, and other basic features any small business can use.

Inconvénients

So it seems to crash a lot. If your network experiences a hiccup, the whole thing has to be restarted. Not the end of the world though. They also use different shortcut keys than Microsoft Defaults, so if you hit 'Control-A' to select all, you bring up 'Accounts' instead. Also it randomly asks us to Login to QuickBooks Payments (Merchant Accounts) half the time for reasons unknown.
Biggest gripe is that now they are moving to a 'you MUST have a Cloud/Subscription based Solution' pricing model. Before, you could buy QuickBooks and use it for 4 years, and pay for Support accordingly... NOW, you HAVE to upgrade, OR you lose Support .

Trillion C.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Publié le 17/08/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Overall, I like the program, but I know a thing or two about accounting and finance. I would suggest that before you use the program. Do all of the tutorials and read all of the tabs to gain a better understanding of what the program offers and set up your information in totality before you start using the program. Don't try to set it up in bits and pieces.

Avantages

I like the efficiency of the program. I have worked with a lot of small business whom often try and buy expensive programs that offer many things they do not use. QBE is a great program for a small business to grow into and it still has many of the features of larger software platforms. Since I work with a lot of businesses, this has been one of the programs I ask them to start with.

Inconvénients

Most of it is self-explanatory, but it does help to have an accounting and finance background to truly get the benefit from the program. It's difficult to undo a mistake because many different areas get changed as transactions are executed. If you do not understand what just happened, matters can quickly go down hill. The help feature can do better in explaining how-to's.

Utilisateur vérifié
Secteur d'activité: Services et installations de loisirs
Traduire en français

Excellent way to account for every penny

Publié le 19/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We switched to Quickbooks from an outdated software system that had limited budgeting options. Quickbooks provided immediate solutions to all of our needs, and being able to add payroll right into the mix (especially when we seasonally hire hundreds of staff), is very helpful. Very glad for quickbooks.

Avantages

Everything is fast. Accessing and searching any transaction in the last few years is done in just a few seconds. It is very intuitive and easy to navigate, even for folks outside of the "accounting" world. I have staff who are not typically money-managers that have become very effective at managing their budget as a result of the tools Quickbooks provides.

Inconvénients

The limited users with a basic license seems restrictive for small businesses.
I also wish there was a "report designer" - so we aren't limited to the built-in reports. I often want to compare several reports together, and there's not a good way to merge them, so I have to export to excel and do a lot of extra work.

Andy K.
Traduire en français

Leymans accounting software and not in a bad way

Publié le 05/09/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

When I was 18 I began my accounting career using QuickBooks. I did not have a college degree in accounting (instead it was History). I have since then risen to become a full controller in charge of a multimillion dollar construction company. The point here is that I learned everything from QuickBooks. It helped me learn cash flow analysis, reporting, the whole nine yards. It also taught me that there will come a time when you will replace it if your company grows beyond its means.

Avantages

Very easy to learn and navigate. Reports are very easy to generate and easy to customize. The General ledger is very easy to navigate. for any entry level business or small business QuickBooks is the perfect software. Bills, Purchase Orders, Estimates are all very easy to input and the process of accounting because very fluid and saves a lot of time.

Inconvénients

Once a company reaches a point where you need to do job costing, percentage of completion, or any other more in depth accounting, QuickBooks very quickly shows the areas it is lacking.