This for me is a phenomenal product. Since I have found this, I've introduced it to multiple people at work. This has been very helpful in depicting data in a simple and easy way to variety of audiences. I wish they advertised it better.
1. It is free
2. It connects to your Google account
3. It can connect to a whole variety of data sources, I have been using several Google spreadsheets
4. The ease of inserting a table, a graph, scorecard, heatmap etc
5. It is visually pleasing
6. It can serve as a live dashboard with custom and malleable date ranges
7. It allows you to easily switch around different chart versions
8. You can embed a Google spreadsheet! and scroll through the live Data Studio file!
9. All sorts of sharing settings
10. Can also download as a static PDF file
11. They have a basic training online, and there is a world of articles and youtube videos to help you
12. You can create new fields, rename them etc
1. You have to link by tab for each spreadsheet, which is tedious. It would be nice to be able to link multiple tabs and spreadsheets at once.
2. There is no option for an automatic refresh if there is a change in the base file -- you have to go to View and hit refresh (not intuitive either).
3. The legend text often gets hidden and is not easy to resize and move around.
4. I couldn't find any option for inserting headers or page numbers automatically.
The best part of it is that I no longer have to spend hours on making reports for our clients. You just make a template, create a data source and it's done. It's one of the best tools Google came up with in the last years.
It's very easy to use and extremely intuitive.
Could use a couple more integration (Facebook for exemple) but hey it's FREE and it's very very good.
Loved having the ability to add our data sources to create intelligent and aesthetically pleasing charts. 10/10!
Great job to Google's team for making this wonderful tool! Data studio is an amazing platform that helps us in terms of creating data reports that are otherwise quite difficult to create on your own when you have multiple data sources at once, this solves that problem rather efficiently. Now we just assign the source for our tables or charts into the data studio and it makes professional reports for us on the go!
Nothing to dislike as this has only helped in creating reports that are rather time consuming if you were to create them manually in excel or word
Would definitely recommend for agencies! There's a lot more that Google Data Studio can do - we haven't scratched the surface yet!
Ability to create custom reports from Google Analytics data.
Ability to style/format reports as you wish - fonts/colours/graphics etc.
Can be tricky to pull in the right data at a first glance.
GDS is free and that is its greatest strength. It connects easily to Google services, and supports a smattering of other data sources. It is easy to use and has some power under the hood that isn't obvious at first blush, especially with recent updates that permit better data aggregation and transformation.
It is very good for relatively simple dashboards, but if you are looking for larger scale "enterprise" tools or want more flexibility in data management, it's probably not a good fit. Maintenance of dashboards is highly manual and it is nearly impossible to create template reports or duplicate them for other similar data sources.
Considering GDS is free, it's a great value. The platform has come a long way since it's inception, and in my time using it, has continued to evolve in the right direction.
There are still a number of functions which can be done in GA which are difficult or impossible in GDS. Make sure you map out your reporting before setting out.
Pricing (it’s free)
Native integration with Google Ads and Analytics
New features are being added very frequently
Quite complicated to create your own functions
Can’t move files to Team Drives
Separation between data and visualization is confusing
I'm using Google Data studio to keep track of international SEO performance. It helps us keep overview of the most important metrics. It goes beyond what you can get out of Analytics in this way.
This tool makes it very easy to connect and display data from multiple sources. Some of the main benefits of this very powerful software:
1. It's easy to setup dashboards, you don't need any experience.
2. You can connect data from multiple points - for example Google Analytics and Google Search console.
3. Styling your dashboards is easy and you have a lot of options in it.
4. There are many many options to visualize the data in your preferred way.
The only downside for me was that it does not integrate with many other projects yet. I would like it to combine with my CRM system.
I love Google Data Studio!
Google Data Studio makes it so easy to generate dynamic reports for yourself or clients. You can easily pull data from Google properties, and others with support, to create customized reports to observe any and all metrics that guide your organization.
There are limited features when incorporating data from non-Google sources, which require a third party tool to access easily.
It has helped us create good monthly reports for our organisation and stakeholders. To better show what we have done and how far we can go.
I like the feature that I can directly get my data from my Google Bigquery and create a good report for them. It has made it easier organise reports using the charts and tables.
It requires some level of expertise to be able to use. It is not beginner-friendly
GDS is no longer beta!! Google Data Studio has the ability to create your own visualization Community Visualization and ready-made reports can later be used as templates.
Сonvenient interface. Data Studio is free and does not require the installation of additional software, which can be considered its most powerful advantages.
Obviously there's lots more you can do with Data Studio other than just reporting, but for digital marketing this has made life so much easier creating reports as often as needed, and even have them emailed on a schedule via PDF.
Sometimes filters don't allow you to get as granular as you would like.
ORGANIZED FUNCTIONALITY, AND THE MANNER IT RESOLVES VARIOUS KINDS OF BARRIERS.
ORGANIZED A LOT OF SECTIONS OF CORPORATE AREAS I AM WORK IN.
Ability to connect with multiple sources, especially Google sheets and it's almost at zero cost!
There is no granular control over elements. For eg- I cannot drill down within all countries in geographic visualisation.
My SEO analyst uses this software every month to deliver my website data reports and I've LOVED the reports she has sent me. They're so easy to use and understand and I highly recommend this program to anyone trying to organize and present data in an interactive way.
I like that the data is interactive, easy to understand, and so clear and organized for the viewer.
The Google share settings annoy me but that isn't specific to this program, just Google as a whole.