PayScale

PayScale

Plateforme de gestion de la rémunération pour les employeurs et les personnes

4.3/5 (18 avis)
Stephanie O.
Secteur d'activité: Édition
Translate to français

Amazing team offering great data to help remain competitive with out compensation program

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 06/04/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

All of our comp data in one place. We have employees in other states and PayScale comp experts helped us create labor markets for each area we have remote staff. This allowed us to have salary ranges applicable to those locations to ensure we were paying them relative to the COL vs. the DC market.

Avantages

We have 125 jobs in our company and we were able to match all but two with this one system. These two were very niche to our industry and company so we are very pleased with that. The data is very comprehensive and made our salary structure review project very easy.

Inconvénients

Some customization for us to be able to upload specialized job details would be helpful. We may find that other companies in similar industries have jobs that are hard to match.

Janine L.
Translate to français

Know your value - it's invaluable!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 24/04/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Self confidence, a vision for where I want to aim my career, and an abundance of resources.

Avantages

From gaining confidence in your current job, embarking on a promotion, to looking for a new job... this is an invaluable resource!! Knowing your worth can be liberating and empowering. It can also give you the much-needed boost to get a certification that would significantly increase your worth. The career advice and informative materials on Payscale are a huge bonus to really get a grip on the current employment climate. Things are changing at a rapid pace and even if you start a new job now, chances are high that things will be very different in a few years if you are looking for a new opportunity again.

Inconvénients

I was a little weary of having to put my current company's name in my report because I am part of a VERY small team and they would know it is me. I still get good information from the site without having a complete profile.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10

Aimee F.
Translate to français

I have used payscale to price positions as well as to benchmark my own compensation.

Publié le 12/05/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Its a helpful tool whether you are looking to price out your 'worth' in consideration of a potential job offer, or you are looking to bench mark positions within your organization.

Avantages

It's a great tool--they have an impressive amount of data from which they are pulling results. It's one of the more impressive salary tools out there because it takes into consideration factors that other tools are not - such as level of experience, region of the country, how much education you've had, and drills down even more specific than that. You can price by a job title if you are a recruiter or other HR professional or you can price out a potential offer for a position for which you've applied as a potential candidate.

Inconvénients

While it seems to drill down specifically enough to differentiate between the non-profit and for-profit sector, I don't always agree with the results for my region. From my 15+ yrs experience, they seem to be pricing certain positions in the non-profit sector a bit lower. Perhaps they need to survey and add more non-profit data.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10

Meg S.
Secteur d'activité: Appareils médicaux
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Translate to français

Good information as a base

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 30/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'm not very impressed since there is no way to determine where the numbers come from or how many it is based off of.

Avantages

I think this gives a good idea where a position is valued as a starting point. I think more information is helpful.

Inconvénients

I don't like that the information in totally accurate for all positions nor do I believe that it should be taken as gold. It's a starting point. Not the end all, be all. What is the value of the employee? Not what is everyone else worth to everyone else!

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Deborah S.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Dissatisfied Customer

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 21/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

Utilizing the software is great! The customer service in trying to talk to a person was terrible. They don't answer the phone. If you want to talk to someone they do not get back to you. If you get a person they lie and tell you that they will call you back and never do. The CUSTOMER SERVICE STINKS! I needed some additional service and had to go elsewhere to get it, because the customer service department failed to get back with me. Their webinars, they rush you through them as if they can't wait to get to finish and get you out of their hair. Another company I worked for we used Payscale exclusively and could not ask for better customer service. That is why when I came to my current organization, I recommended them for here. They must have received their customer model from a 4th world country. Get better customer service and answer your phones with a human being. I promise they do not get back with you.

Avantages

The ease, functionality, and over job reviews

Inconvénients

Does not allow you to put enough information in regarding the job duties and not enough job titles

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 0.0/10

Christian P.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
Translate to français

PayScale is a necessary tool to know what market value pay is for professional roles.

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 07/06/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The ability to use real data in order to estimate market rates for pay. This accuracy proves necessary for anyone in HR or an employee wanting to get a better idea of financial brackets for their roles.

Avantages

PayScale helps you determine market rates and is a great help to any HR Department and employee. I find it to be fairly accurate to current marketplace pay rates and it is a trustworthy reflection of the current pay scale. If you need to gather supporting data and information on pay rates, this is a good source.

Inconvénients

It can be a little one note, but it is targeted for a specific purpose, so it cannot be faulted for that.

Secteur d'activité: Administration publique
Translate to français

I learned where I could be from information about my position, education, and experience

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 24/05/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I was able to see where I ranked in terms of salary among people in my region with similar titles. I could possibly use this in future salary negotiations, but I think I would need a good bit more proof to really make my case.

Avantages

PayScale showed me where I ranked in terms of salary and benefits among people in my region with similar titles and backgrounds.

Inconvénients

It relies heavily on keyword matching, and people who have similar titles at different companies could be performing vastly different functions. It would be nice if they included some responsibilities in their questionnaire for a sanity check.

Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

Huge help

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 14/12/2018

Avantages

PayScale has helped us build pay ranges throughout our organization. We now feel like we have a deeper understanding of what the pay should be in our different locations.

Inconvénients

Not a con necessarily but we have several jobs that are hard to match up correctly. Our industry is very specific and pays more with certain experience.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Services aux consommateurs
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Translate to français

Change the game by persuasion

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 24/03/2019

Avantages

Very detailed reports on compensation and total rewards, easy to read and utilize, good leverage when trying to convince internal stakeholders to rethink compensation strategy, Formulaic settings help stamp out new reports at the click of a button, good customer support and walkthrough

Inconvénients

A bit confusing to toggle between settings if you are a new user, not entirely organized on the dashboard as it displays your most recent reports first

Amy L.
Secteur d'activité: Logiciels
Taille de l'entreprise: 13-50 employés

Great tool for compensation

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 28/09/2018

Avantages

Very easy to use. They do a great job with onboarding and making sure that you use the product to the fullest.

Inconvénients

I have not had any issues with the product. So far, one year in, I love the tool and use ifor each new hire.

Jordan N.
Secteur d'activité: Banque
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

MarketPay works well, Insight Lab is TERRIBLE

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 24/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We implemented the payscale platforms (insight lab first then moved to MarketPay when we realized how bad the Insight Lab product is) to store all of our external salary surveys in one place. We are able to run analytics off of the data directly in the platform. We previously housed all of the data in excel worksheets, so this has removed the need for massive spreadsheets.

Avantages

The MarketPay product is easy to set up, create and pull reports, and manage from and administrator perspective. The UI is pretty basic without any bells and whistles, but the product works well to store compensation data and to report off of it. Ad hoc pricing is great for pulling data for new roles.

Inconvénients

The MarketPay platform UI is pretty dated, but I don’t believe that takes away from the product. The Insight Lab platform is terrible for anyone who needs to price more than 50 or so jobs. The amount of manual work that must be done to match each job is ridiculous, and I don’t know why anyone would think the process is acceptable.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Translate to français

Payscale is a great tool for making sure you're paying fair. We use it for every job.

Publié le 07/11/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great tool for making sure you're paying fair. Allows us to track our current employees and follow trends in pay so we stay competitive with current and new employees.

Avantages

It's in depth reports for every position researched. Payscale more often than not comes back with great salary data based on our local market, with the ability to tweak depending on position, competition, time in role, qualifications, etc. A great all around tool that we depend on for every position. It also gives you the ability to keep track of all your employees and where their salary falls according to the local market.

Inconvénients

Some positions, depending on the job title you have chosen, are mismatched. While this doesn't mean your data isn't available or relevant, a little more digging needs to be done to match up your role with the benchmark you want.

Ashante C.

Amazing tool for HR

Publié le 18/06/2018

Avantages

I love the real-time market data in how much a profession pays and in what market depending on education, experience, etc. I also like the customer service, very helpful in negotiations and even with offering alternative perks to pay for a position.

Inconvénients

The three year contract that locks you in is kind of a downside. I truly needed a tool to reference quickly with the limited staff size I have right now so all in all good stuff.

Secteur d'activité: Transport routier/ferroviaire

Payscale

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 03/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are satisfied overall with the product and the information we get out of it.

Avantages

I use it frequently to look at comp banding for our organization. We have found the data to be relevant to our markets.

Inconvénients

There are positions in our industry that we are unable to get accurate data because there is not a comparable position in the database.

Translate to français

Great tool for benchmarking compensation

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 17/10/2017

Avantages

Payscale is a great tool for benchmarking compensation for an organization, or simply seeing how much you're worth on the market. Payscale has been great to work with when we've sent job descriptions over to benchmark compensation within our industry and has given us great insight on where our pay strategy needs to be.

Inconvénients

Benchmarking hasn't been a breeze for all of our positions, but that's mostly because we have some unique, specialized positions.

Translate to français

PayScale has been wonderful to use in so many areas of our business

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 21/03/2018

Avantages

We have used it for competitives analysis, analyzing internal salaries, comparing markets, etc - it has been vital to several different areas of our business.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the info I need for a specific city won't come up, but that is not all PayScale's fault - I'm sure it's a lot to keep track of that much data or they don't have enough data to support certain smaller areas.

Nithin B.
Translate to français

Amazing software to detemine fair Salary range in the market.

Publié le 21/12/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This software has helped our organization save a lot of money by helping us determine the salary range to offer a candidate for a particular role. I would definitely recommend this software to determine current salary bracket.

Asher P.
Translate to français

Saves us thousands a year!

Publié le 06/12/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

No HR team should go without a tool like this with data that constantly updates and allows you to really hone in on the market range for a position.