254 avis

Interactive Animated Presentations

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 20/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Interactive storytelling in presentations took shorter time than before.

Avantages

Powtoon is simple, interactive and provides all basic functions for motion graphics to be used as a presentation.

Inconvénients

It's web-based to due which browser got very heavy when working on larger projects.

Mich M.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Powtoons is Amazing

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 15/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have created dozens of videos for internal comms, advertising, recruiting and training. It has made my life so easy and with great reward and outcome.

Avantages

This is a super simple app to create fun and vibrant communications pieces either with cartoons or video.

Inconvénients

I think customer service could be much better. I don't think I've ever gotten ahold of a live person.

Syed R.
Traduire en français

Powtoon- ‘is a great tool to create animated content with drag and drop actions’

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 19/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

In a word Powtoon-is a smart tool to use. You can be an excellent creator with it. My overall experience with this is amazing.

Avantages

I am using this tool to create animated content and really easy to create varieties of content with ease. I think the beginner can also work with this easily. Powtoon, allow you to create animated content with customized templates and varieties of objects. This is one of the best tools that enable an inexperienced person to create professional presentations and videos. I like the fact that Powtoon’s stock is full of essential resources that allows anyone to create functional and useful content.

Inconvénients

I think some of the elements they provided are not always useful. Also, sometimes I observed it’s got slow when I download the videos. However, It’s worth it to use this tool because of many advantages.

Riley R.
Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés

Powtoon

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 25/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Not great they say they would be creating new content and we have had the service for 6 months with absolutely no content updates

Avantages

You can put multiple layers of text on one slide and customize where it will show up.

Inconvénients

They have absolutely zero content. They say they have marketing videos but they are only 10 seconds long and random. We no longer use this software.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 3.0/10

Dr. arnie D.
Secteur d'activité: Animation

Lots of Pow in Powtoon

Publié le 15/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I had had nothing but positive experiences from Powtoon. The software is amazing, the support is amazing and so are the people - some of whom I've met in person.

Avantages

I have been using this software for 5 years to produce high quality, professional looking animated explainer videos. There are a lot of different character styles and assets style like 2D, whiteboard, infographic, live to choose from. They provide the too and it's open to your imagination. New features added constantly that make this software very versatile.

Inconvénients

Some features need to be added - better timeline, ability to encase videos, camera motion for example.

Deyson T.

Very Good Animation Software

Publié le 30/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I reaaly like this software and using for create good promotionals campaigns for may customers.

Avantages

Easy to use for very good quality job results.

Inconvénients

The characters don't have a 'walk' animation as option ...

Natalie W.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
Traduire en français

If you want easy animation software for presentations look no further!!

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 05/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Excellent!! creating meaningful videos that are young people friendly has been so much easier with this software.

Avantages

This has been a recent addition to us, we came across it by accident looking for new characters for our powerpoint videos. This software has everything prepared and ready to go, with any type of animated creation it still takes time but having all the tools built-in ready and to hand saves a lot of time and frustration. Creating mini-presentations for young people has been a lot easier since we signed up.

Inconvénients

The only con I have is that there could be more ethnic characters, this can be a little limiting for us as most of our client base are ethnic we like to use characters that look like them.

Chris R.
Secteur d'activité: Banque

Powtoon for Training Purposes

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 04/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Powtoon has revolutionized our ability to become video makers when no one on our team could make them. We attempted to do everything on Adobe but our learning curve was much shorter and needed something quick to produce professional quality videos. This was our answer.

Avantages

Powtoon's templates have made video creation absolutely easy and helps us save time when projects needed to be completed yesterday. It is set up very much like PowerPoint. It only took a few hours to truly master how to use this great tool to create videos. As someone who has never created videos and needed to learn literally overnight, it made us look very professional to our stakeholders. They were very impressed with our ability to whip up the videos and elevated our status with the organization.

Inconvénients

At times, it can be slow but I mostly blame that on our organization's network. With so many information security concerns as a small organization, we are very wary of cloud-based products.

Ruth C.
Traduire en français

Easy enough to produce videos

Publié le 15/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall it's a fairly easy way to produce nice videos.

Avantages

Without learning videography or anything like that, you can easily product smart videos that bring across your point well.

Inconvénients

There was a pretty steep learning curve, and it could take a long time to get everything to work the way you want it to. I would like to see more flexibility with creating shapes the sizes you want rather than having to stick with the given aspect ratio.

Sheza H.
Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction

Best Tool to Create Videos

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 30/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

When talking about an overall experience, Powtoon is the best software to create videos quickly. It has a lot of animation effects and templates, which make it easy to create quick videos.

Avantages

Powtoon is among the best software that helps you to create videos. I am not a graphic designer, but I can produce smart videos easily. I usually gift my clients with a video gift. And, they like it a lot. I take around 10 minutes to make an amazing video.

Inconvénients

It hangs a lot, which makes it irritating. Other than that, I do not find any issue in this Powtoon software. Anyone can learn about it quickly.

Randy Y.
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Great Features and Easy to Use

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 28/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I am satisfied with this tool. It has some minor issues, but none of those issues are deal breakers for me.

Avantages

Easy to Start: It only takes me ~20 min to gain basic proficiency and ~60 min to gain advanced proficiency.
Time-Saving Templates: It has several templates ready to be used, which saves time.
Beautiful built-in assets: Animated avatars, objects, short videos, graphics, audios, etc. Basically anything you could possibly want in a multimedia product--PowToon has it already built-in.
Ease of Future Maintenance/Update: The way Powtoon's interface is designed allows for ease of future edits. You can easily swap in/out vectors/audio/texts if your video ever needs an update in the future.

Inconvénients

Minor Glitch: Sometimes, objects (vectors, geometric shapes) would move to the wrong place by mouse drags. This is more of a minor nuisance than a real problem.
Lack of Audio Editing Feature: It has very little audio-editing capability. Because it has a built-in voice-over recording feature, this feature would be more useful if audio editing ability can be available.

Patti S.

Fun and easy to use

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 24/01/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am an instructional designer/developer and I use PowToon as part of eLearning courses and to communicate changes to end users. The premade templates make PowToon really easy to use. I find a look I like then modify with my content. Each template has its own music but I may upload my own music and upload images to personalize the video even more.

If I have a question, I can chat directly with the support team (and I have had lots of questions). I had some trouble understanding the timing of objects when I first started. (Hint: where the thumbnail displays on the time line has Nothing to do with the exit time) and was frustrated by the lack of technical information about how the product works. This is because they depend on their support team to help users. Generally this is good but I would like to see Some documentation, even if it were just voiceovers on a PowToon to explain something.

I found using a PowToon to communicate a recent system change to end users resulted in about a 70% view rate instead of a close to 10% read rate for just an email for a previous communication. I host the video on our SharePoint site and provide a link so it's easy to track the views.

I just extended my subscription for another year and look forward to new features, new images, and new templates.

Avantages

Easy to use, fun. Produces very professional looking videos.

Inconvénients

It is difficult to select objects and edit if they overlap.
I would like to be able to add tags to the images so I could easily find those I want to use multiple times.
When changing the sizes of objects, both the width and height change proportionately. It would be good to be able to change just one, especially boxes.

My favorite presentation software

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 16/01/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We make a lot of marketing videos, and this software makes it very easy to throw together a high-quality presentation very quickly, saving time and money in design work.

Avantages

This is my go-to presentation creation software, far better than Power-Point slides. It is clear they are constantly improving their platform with new features and updates appearing regularly in the system, and I've watched over the years how the platform has continued to improve. I've not been able to find anything comparable in price and features on the market.

Inconvénients

Occasionally there is a delay in the uploading of content, likely processing time for information to communicate between servers. Also, I wish there were an improvement on the way to render/download a mp4 file. Currently it renders it on the server and sends an email to download. I wish there were just a simple render/download button available on the program.

Jefry N.
Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

Easy Presentations

Publié le 20/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

From my experience with the program I can say that I have not had greater difficulties than to find myself a little disoriented at first, but thanks to its easy use and interactivity, I can learn at once and I can create my video. I would say that I would have difficulty uploading or sharing the video, because there are not enough options or the ones I want are blocked and I must pay. It would be good if the tool would allow you to share those videos over Whatsapp for free.

Avantages

It is a simple and easy to use program. The presentations have many details and customization, being a very good point because it allows creating multiple videos and they do not look alike. It offers free and paid tools, also offers different ways to export or publish it; it is good the point and manages to make known the tool and the jobs and that many people can use it, either by paying or for free.

Inconvénients

The program looks very limited at times because they don't have other tools to change the style of their videos with respect to the format, that is, it follows established parameters and does not allow recording videos to be uploaded and edited with the tools already available, but it limits itself to that format already established and in a certain way causes the authors of the videos to be somewhat limited in the subject of creativity.

Binyamin K.
Secteur d'activité: Agriculture

Expected A Lot But Disappointed

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 10/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

If you are somebody who is moderately gifted/skillful in animation or you are committed to the learning curve demanded of Powtoon it is a great, and I could see it as being a really fun, animation marketing platform.

Avantages

Using Powtoon a marketer can, at an affordable price, tell the story behind their company and their product in such a way that it comes alive and captivates the viewer. The animation becomes real and pulls the viewer in. It is a well constructed and professional tool. Besides conveying a story in a powerful way, Powtoon also imparts a feeling of professionalism. It shows the viewer that you as a company, as a product creator, cares and takes pride in that which you wish to sell/impart. It sends of message of creativity and above-and-beyond pride in your product.

Inconvénients

Although I will be the first to admit that I am not tech savvy, nevertheless there are many products on the market that are made for people like myself, so much so that people are often amazed at how much tech I'm able to navigate with so little aptitude. However, Powtoon was not one of them. When I first discovered Powtoon I was excited, when I first logged-in to Powtoon I was revved up to start creating. From the get-go it was as if I was trying to climb a very tall and vertical wall. It was more than a bit frustrating, especially given that Powtoon was touted as an easy to use creation platform. If I had been heavily invested in learning to use Powtoon I'm sure I could have, but it clearly was going to take more than a day or two of serious learning. A learning curve I was not interested in pursuing.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Deepika S.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information

Great to use

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 09/12/2018

Avantages

Being a graphic designer, I use this for animated videos & presentations almost everyday. powtoon has so many templates & animation effects which make it very useful to make quick videos. I love this software because it has a clean interface. Colors & design are very user friendly . I would recommend this product to everyone who wants to make animated videos & presentations.

Inconvénients

The hardest part of this product is it sometimes takes way too much time to upload images & add videos to timeline. This is a heavy product, which hangs alot, that makes it very irritating at times.
One thing I want in this product is options to arrange the saved files in folders or as we want because the minus point is when we mistakenly open a file it comes to number one which bothers the order of the files & makes it difficult to keep a check.

Secteur d'activité: Médias en ligne

Making presentations fun

Publié le 14/10/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I used Powtoon for many school presentations where the assignment was to make ad campaigns or short promos. Yes, Powtoon can make a presentation exciting enough to look like a commercial. I LOVE this software. It’s so usable and full of many features. It is handy for so many purposes and will certainly do the trick if you’re not interested in researching clunkier software with a bigger learning curve.

Avantages

Having photos and icons that can move and appear on a timer is my favorite thing about Powtoon. This simple feature allows me to make my presentations way more interactive and entertaining. Searching or uploading images is super easy and Powtoon has a great database of basic graphics. Adding music is also incredibly easy to do.

Inconvénients

Powtoon is not the place for detailed voiceovers. There’s really only an option to add one single audio file and when you’re working with many different slides, that can get pretty complicated. The big “Powtoon” logo in the bottom corner of the presentation also totally takes away from a professional look.

Ulises M.
Traduire en français

Animated, creative and unique videos to develop your ideas

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 28/06/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

An educator should always be preparing and never stop studying or preparing. That is why whenever I can take a course I do it in this case it was an elearning course and I was presented with this tool and from that moment on every occasion I can use it I develop my videos through it.

Avantages

This tool is great since the environment is very friendly which allows us to devote to the development of the video without worrying about technical difficulties, as well as the possibility of inserting characters, templates and emoticons that allow us to draw the attention of the viewer by remembering that from time to time the viewer loses attention is why we have to find that in that moment that loses attention is also part of our explanation.

Inconvénients

This tool has incredible potential to come to shape the ideas in unique and wonderful ways because in addition to having a large repertoire for the help of the video developer has the ability to add all that audiovisual element that we consider the only difficulty is that it is dependent of the Internet and without it you can not work but that reason does not detract from its great potential

Karna S.
Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
Traduire en français

Makes creating just-in-time learning quick and easy

Publié le 07/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We've had a great experience with Powtoon, and have continually opted in to be early adopters for their new features. Their customer service is fantastic, and the chat-bot allows you to have your questions answered quickly.

Avantages

It has a very low learning curve. Once you know what you are trying to capture, the software is incredibly intuitive at helping you make your content visually appealing to your end users. They also continually make updates that enhance the creator's experience, including additional templates and new functionality.

Inconvénients

There's not really anything to improve- it meets our needs for providing just-in-time learning content. We are able to customize as much or as little as we want, add sound, add proprietary images, and then download in a format that makes it easy to share.

Traduire en français

Quick and dirty explainer in an afternoon

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 01/08/2019

Avantages

My assistant was able to make some pretty cool videos very quickly, despite limited technical experience with video creation. The tool presents a variety of diverse characters with stock animations for different moods or actions (e.g., explaining, gesturing angrily, looking bored). The audio recording tool allows you to retry if you're unhappy with a take, and was reasonably painless to use. The animations were simple to string together but more visually interesting than what you can produce in PowerPoint.

We created a lesson plan for instructors to use where the learners responded using PowToon projects, and these were a hit. It gives them an alternative way to communicate their ideas and again, is quite easy to use.

Inconvénients

We were not using the pro version of the tool, so we were limited in access to characters, scenes and icons. That said, the free version provided a very smooth experience. If you do not upgrade, there will be a PowToon logo and music appended to your video, and some animations will have limited customizability (e.g., a character animation may loop ad nauseum).

It is also easy for a junior designer to get caught up in the capabilities of the tool and lose focus on the quality and structure of the content. It's easy to add too much irrelevant on-screen animation and so detract from your message.

Linda B.
Traduire en français

I've been using Powtoon since it was in BETA. I use for both my business and the classroom

Publié le 28/02/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Powtoon gave me the ability to create engaging content for my students. I've used it to create lessons in both a brick and mortar classroom as well as for online curriculum. I also use it for content on my Youtube channel.

Avantages

A variety of pre-built templates to use or edit. The business version has the most options for characters. It's very easy to do voiceover and export the final product.

Inconvénients

The collaboration function doesn't work properly. This feature is still in BETA, but I'd like to use it like you can collaborate on a Google Slides. Sometimes updates don't save. I'd be sure to click SAVE every time you make a major change, or at least each slide you create.

Réponse de PowToon

Linda, thank you for the great review,
We are making strides towards upgrading the collaboration feature into something very similar to google docs. In fact we are working on a whole new way to work in teams, share brand assets and powtoons, and work together on the same Powtoon. Stay tuned

Secteur d'activité: Restaurants
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés
Traduire en français

Once you get the hang of it!

Publié le 12/11/2018

Avantages

The resources are constantly evolving - it's like i have a new bag of tricks every time I go to design with it. New layouts, fonts, images, etc. make everything really fun to use and fun for my clients to engage with. It is an easy way to inexpensively produce microlearning - added bonus that its visible without an LMS and can be used on the go. If you are experienced in Adobe Captivate, this design format would be very similar to the layers found in eLearning design - only in video layout.

Inconvénients

I dont like the levels of access they make available. If you pay for it, you should have access to everything. Or, if it's not available for my level, dont put it in my design resources toolbox. I use something in a project only to learn that it's not available to me unless i go "pro".

Ana H.
Traduire en français

I love how the presentations are, although it is not as fast to learn how to use it as I expected.

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 21/06/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

what most took advantage of this application was the use of storyboard because I did not have much knowledge in making animations of this type.

Avantages

- It has very nice templates and the icons, images and shapes look very modern.
- I can use it for free, with some limitations of course.
- the elements on the screen are very well organized and have guidelines to correctly place what you want to show.
- allows you to share presentations or videos through popular social networks and download them in various formats depending on the type of account, for free accounts you can download it in ppt or pdf format.
- It has good tutorials to learn how to use the application and the help center is good.
- It allows to choose between several styles of presentations such as: real, infographics, cartoon, whiteboard and modern edge.
- The storyboard function is quite useful and practical since it adapts to the type of person who will make the presentation and guides you throughout the process.

Inconvénients

- In spite of the tutorials and help it is not so easy to use it the first time, you have to dedicate a considerable time in learning how to make animations, if you are looking for something to make animated videos quickly this application or is for you.
- the free account only allows videos or presentations with a maximum duration of 3 minutes and pro and agency accounts are quite expensive.
- he does not have options of collaboration with other people for the edition.

Lisa M.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement

Great tool for schools!

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 09/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our overall experience has been very positive. It was well worth it to buy a school license because multiple grades of students use it.

Avantages

I am the director of educational technology at a private school but I also teach a few technology classes. This is a GREAT tool for students that has a wide age range. I had younger students film basic animated films of their choosing. Middle school students used it to make stop motion animated films and older students used some of the more advanced animation features. The templates are also very helpful for kids who don't know where to start.

Inconvénients

This really is a great service. You need the pro account to be able to export your work and have access to all of the features you'd need to make a quality video but I think it's worth it!

Barbara S.
Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle
Traduire en français

its so easy, and ist's fun! Best video animation software for beginners (& pros)

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 10/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's hatd to get attention these days! Powtoon is a perfect tool for smaller and medium companies to create social media content or explainer videos without spending too much time and money.

Avantages

the variety on styles, the designs, the humour and inspiration they spread!

Inconvénients

Probably that the organisation of the projects is still a bit rudimentary, but there are so many positive aspects, it does'nt really affect the overall positive view.