Avis clients sur EmailOctopus

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

415 avis

Brayan
Brayan
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité

My experience about emailoctopus

Publié le 21/01/2023

Avantages

La facilité d'utilisation m'as le plus satisfait

Inconvénients

Le prix est un peu plus cher fallait mettre un prix plus accessible à tous

KISS for email marketing

Publié le 01/09/2020

I use it to send a weekly email to my former ukulele students (300+). I also send out 'tech tips' to authors on a semi-regular basis.

Avantages

What I love most about email octopus is the simplicity of it. The interface is minimal by design which doesn't derail me when I just need to get an email out to my lists.

Inconvénients

I would love it if they supported markdown.

Thomas
  • Secteur d'activité : Presse écrite
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Fantastic Newsletter Publishing and List Maintenance Service

Publié le 16/08/2023

After a service I'd been using for eight years started developing functionality problems, I checked out competitors and came to EmailOctopus on the basis of a recommendation. Haven't looked back.

Avantages

Everything WORKS. It's easy to import lists. It's easy to set up lead capture pages to get new subscribers. It's easy to create newsletter templates. It's easy to publish campaigns and get them delivered.

Inconvénients

There's nothing I dislike about EmailOctopus, but if I could suggest one feature it would be social media account linking as opposed to having to manually post links to campaign emails to Facebook and Twitter.

SendGrid

Pourquoi choisir EmailOctopus

My previous service was becoming more complex and less functional/reliable.

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

The price was right and EmailOctopus handled specific functions I needed better than Sendgrid (I do use Sendgrid for some other projects).
Rachel
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Not Impressed due to lack of deliverabilaty and one poor customer service rep

Publié le 22/02/2024

Yuck. I am bummed, but the customer service was lacking, regardless of a free account or not. As a small, volunteer-run nonprofit, we are frugal, and apparently not paying equates to a not good experience.

Avantages

The initial customer service was just fine, but when inquiring about bounce-back rate, the individual responding was simply "icky".

Inconvénients

We experienced an extremely high deliver-ability issue, when we had zero with the previous platform.

When inquiring about the drastic swing between the two platforms, I was met with extreme disrespect by the customer service agent, [sensitive content hidden], who proved that he is simply not a good person. While I had positive experiences with other reps, he proved to not be one of them.

Any organization would be curious about why there was such a large swing in numbers, in post-actively reading reviews, lack of deliver-ability was a constant.

Réponse de EmailOctopus

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback.

At the time we reviewed the bounce rates and we confirmed, via email, that these were hard bounces as a result of importing "Cleaned" contacts from your previous provider, Mailchimp. Cleaned contacts are contacts who have previously hard bounced or marked your emails as spam.

As a result, you had a high hard bounce rate (but otherwise strong open rates).

I appreciate poor results are frustrating and we are happy to help where we can. However in some instances we need to limit the support we can offer, particularly on our free plans, where our repeated recommendations and guidance aren't followed.

Wish you the best with your new platform.

Vivian

Works for all my needs

Publié le 19/02/2024

I've had no issues at all. Everything goes smoothly. I'm happy with the cost per product.

Avantages

I really like how I can set up campaigns and send them out without much issue.

Inconvénients

I really don't like the visuals? If that makes sense? I don't think my email looks as pretty as I want it to. It's also not as easy to design what I want how I want it.

Pourquoi choisir EmailOctopus

price was the main factor. I need to grow my list and not be nickeled and dimed as I grow.

MailerLite

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

I had a PA who was familiar with it and could help me get started.
Kyle
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The most cost effective email solution with no hidden bolt on extras

Publié le 17/09/2023

Ace. Pull your CSV files through already and close your mind-numbing, overcharging, 2-audience-limited mail company and make the switch. If you don't like it you're probably a bot.

Avantages

straight out of the box, the customer service is top-notch, real people, detailed responses not generic bs, and such an easy user interface you don't have to hunt for hidden features. fast, effective, reporting is top-notch. it takes care of everything without the expense of Mailchimp... actually, it makes Mailchimp look prehistoric in comparison.

Inconvénients

Really nothing has popped up that's been an issue, no extra charges, nothing.

Jennifer Lauren
Jennifer Lauren

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Switch from MailChimp to EmailOctopus was a no brainer.

Publié le 06/06/2023

So far, the experience has been wonderful. There have been no issues with setting up or sending out campaigns and it has been easy to learn the platform.

Avantages

The ease of account setup and importing contacts from our old provider to EmailOctopus. I also liked the analytics reports. I also like the lists setup.

Inconvénients

I wish there was a mobile app to manage contacts and campaigns.

Constant Contact

Pourquoi choisir EmailOctopus

Mailchimp kept changing the offerings for the free and lowest-tier services. Once Intuit took over, it was obvious they wanted everyone to start paying more for every small thing. As a small business I could no longer afford to use MailChimp.

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

I liked the ease of use and overall aesthetic of EmailOctopus over the alternatives.
Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Right fit for us

Publié le 01/12/2023

Glad we went with them. Great customer service too. Very proactive and responsive when we had a question.

Avantages

There’s not a bunch of stuff built up over years of product development that make it complicated. It feels fresh.

Inconvénients

There’s limited editing options and templates for content.

Chris

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Perfect for beginners or new list building

Publié le 08/04/2024

Avantages

We grabbed Email Octopus to use for a new Youtube channel we were deploying and I wanted clean data for building and sending a brand new list without compromising a larger more mature list. This was the perfect solution. Easy to design and build emails and campaigns, super affordable (we got to 2500 subs free, and only $9 a month over that) and scalable. We were very pleased with the results and open rates, plus the emails look good and deliverability was excellent. I would recommend Email Octopus to grow a list and scale up.

Inconvénients

We haven't explored the all in one email marketing for this software yet.

Riccardo
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Super cost effective

Publié le 01/04/2024

Avantages

Best low budget solution for email marketing

Inconvénients

There are more complete tools out there but I hope time will bring more features

Tom
  • Secteur d'activité : Médias de diffusion

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Really impressed with their platform

Publié le 21/05/2024

Avantages

Really impressed with their platform and price. Their instant online tech support is first rate. 😀

Inconvénients

nothing really it was great and we will go on using.

George
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Refreshingly Simple and Straightforward

Publié le 16/11/2022

An excellent tool for most email-marketing situations. I've used it on several client sites for letting them build their own newsletters and email lists, and have not had a single complaint about it. If you are looking for a tool to migrate your email list of hundreds of thousands of users to, EmailOctopus probably isn't for you—but if you're an average-sized business or creator, it's really my preferred option now, and much less spammy/convoluted than something like ConvertKit!

Avantages

Email Octopus is really a great tool for—in my opinion—80–90% of situations where you need email marketing. For the large part it "just works", and I have no trouble getting my clients to use it, which cannot be said about other similar tools.It's quite easy to make great-looking forms and landing pages, and the WordPress plugin is a joy to use—makes things much easier!

Inconvénients

If it's a great tool for 80–90% of situations, then I have to admit it has some shortcomings for those less-common use cases where you really need something robust and more flexible.Its API documentation is a bit lacking, for example, and while things "just work" for the most part, a consequence of this is that you don't have nearly as much control over precise details as you would with a larger—and admittedly more expensive—tool in this same spce.

ConvertKit, Campaign Monitor by Marigold et Mailchimp

Pourquoi choisir EmailOctopus

ConvertKit's branding is a bit of a turn off. It's either just...bad (remember that whole weird thing of temporarily being named "Seva"?), or has a very heavy marketer/car-salesman vibe to it.But it was a decent tool for a long time, so worth using.I came across EmailOctopus via its WordPress plugin, and was intrigued by the simplicity and refreshing marketing and design, which felt so much more "normal" and straightforward than e.g. ConvertKit.I started using it one some personal projects, and after loving it, am now using it with some freelance clients. A few of those are switched over from ConvertKit and we're all happier for it.

ConvertKit

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

There are situations where I'd go with a tool with more features and more developer possibilities (i.e. a more fully-fleshed-out, better-documented API with ideally some SDKs ready to go).But EmailOctopus is a great balance of focused feature-set, cost, design quality, and customer support, so it's becoming my go-to!
Anca

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great tool for authors and bloggers

Publié le 20/03/2023

I had the pleasure of using EmailOctopus for my email marketing campaigns, and I must say it's an excellent tool. The platform is incredibly easy to use and efficient. One of the best things about it is the wide variety of templates available, as well as the option to create custom ones.Additionally, I appreciate the free plan that allows you to schedule your campaigns, which is a feature not always included in free plans with other email marketing services. Whenever I needed assistance, their support team was fantastic, quick to respond and receptive to suggestions.Last but not least, the pricing is very affordable, especially once you reach 2500 subscribers. Overall, I would highly recommend EmailOctopus to anyone looking for an excellent email marketing tool that is easy to use, affordable, and offers fantastic customer support.

My favorite features are:1. creating your own template2. scheduling campaigns

Inconvénients

Although it integrates with StoryOrigin (the platform I use to deliver magnet readers and do newsletter swaps with other authors), EmailOctopus's API doesn't support list stats. Because I swap with other authors, it helps to show my stats (list size, open rate and chick rate). But the support team was quick to respond and open to suggestions, so I'm hoping they will fix this in another update.

MailerLite et Zoho Campaigns

Pourquoi choisir EmailOctopus

MailChimp recently reduced its free plan from 2000 to 500 subscribers. I find their pricing too expensive (not for what they offer, but for what I need at this moment).

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

I chose EmailOctopus for 4 reasons:1. Higer number of subscribers in the free plan2. Affordable price3. Scheduling option4. It integrates with the platform I'm using to deliver my reader magnet.
Ahmed
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51–200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The most to-the-point software I have ever used

Publié le 25/10/2022

My overall experience is very positive; I wished that I had switched earlier

My overall experience is very positive; I wished that I had switched earlier

Avantages

EmailOctopus comes as an acronym for value-for-money; it does the job as efficient as a $4k/month software but doesn't leave the guilt when skipping some campaigns

Inconvénients

With a lack of direct integrations, using Zapier is easy but costly. However, they provide a straightforward API that I'm planning to make use of, but of course, it'd be even better to have direct integration available

MailerLite, Brevo et GetResponse

Pourquoi choisir EmailOctopus

- Pricing- Pricing- Pricing- Overcharging - Simplicity of EmailOctopus that fits my exact needs

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

The only one that beat EmailOctopus pricing was SES, but it requires building all the features that EmailOctopus has from the ground up; all the others came short at pricing and other features.
Mikey
  • Secteur d'activité : Divertissement
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Reliable and cost-effective

Publié le 31/08/2020

Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Avantages

EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Inconvénients

I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

Pourquoi choisir EmailOctopus

I wanted to switch from a self-hosted email platform to a hosted one, and it was important that the service I chose integrated with Bookfunnel and my website.

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

I've tried all those listed and a few more. MailerLite let me down several times. They were unreliable and their support was poor. Sendfox is very basic and charges for options such as single optin lists. Mailpoet has a great editor and integrates with my site beautifully, but it didn't integrate with Bookfunnel, and that was a dealbreaker. Mailchimp has become very expensive.
Mike
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Everything Most Email Marketers Need at an Unbeatable Price

Publié le 19/07/2023

I needed an easier, more reliable platform for various email campaigns, and EmailOctopus delivered.

Avantages

EmailOctopus is incredibly easy to use, yet still full-featured enough to fill the needs of most business owners. I appreciate the intuitive backend, handsome emails, and exceptional deliverability EmailOctopus provides in a simple and pleasing package. I've used other industry-leading emailers, but this is the one I enjoy working with the most.

Inconvénients

Can't think of a thing I don't like about EmailOctopus.

David
  • Secteur d'activité : Photographie

Keep it SImple

Publié le 30/08/2023

Avantages

Email Octopus is the only email program I could connect with. I can do almost anything with any program on a computer. But email marketing has always been overly complicated, in my opinion. I can write copy and set up great graphical design, but email marketing is like this bag of complications that the occasional email marketer doesn't get very proficient in. EmailOctopus simplifies all of this to the point that even if I don't become an expert in email marketing, I can still start and run a campaign and get good feedback on the quality of that email campaign. I like the fact that I can just relax after hitting the send button, and Email Octopus does the rest. For me, I like simplicity. Overly complicated doesn't work for me. Email Octopus is simple.

Inconvénients

I am waiting for AI tools to be incorporated into EmailOctopus. I also think it would be cool if an email audience could be created right within the app.

Sumeet
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail

Best Email Marketing System

Publié le 05/11/2020

Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

Avantages

I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Inconvénients

Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

• Secteur d'activité : Automobile

Small Agency ESP Review

Publié le 11/09/2020

Very positive.

Very positive.

Avantages

We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Inconvénients

Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

Chameleon, SendGrid et Emma by Marigold

Better value

Campaigner

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

Easy decision. EmailOctupus offered the best value for our agency.
Elle

Excellent Email Service

Publié le 03/08/2023

My experience with EO has always been personal, accessible, and prompt. Their site "Knowledge Base" is very helpful, and their email templates look good. Most of all, their mission aligns with mine. I couldn't be happier overall!

Avantages

I'm an indie author, and I like having control of my content. EmailOctopus provides great templates and transparent analysis, plus it aligns with my values (responsibility for the environment!) which is a huge boost in my opinion.

Inconvénients

When I started out, EmailOctopus didn't quite have the diverse functionality that I saw in other big email brands. However I have seen EO add functionality over time, and I myself am not super techy, so essentially I have been able to grow with the service. :)

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

sustainability, accessibility, value for price, transparency
Zoie
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

I feel like I'm part of the family!

Publié le 20/08/2023

EmailOctopus provides a great product at a fantastic price. I feel confident that they have my back at every step, as I grow my list!

Avantages

I have to admit that it was the Free Plan that first got my attention, but it's been the really great customer support that has totally sold me on EmailOctopus. Everyone is so friendly and prompt with their responses to even some of my "newbie" questions. I also really like how easy and intuitive everything is set up. IIt was so quick and easy to get started and I've made some beautiful web forms that I love.

Inconvénients

At this time, because my list is small, I don't have any Cons.

Jasmine
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

The Best Software I’ve used

Publié le 26/10/2022

Avantages

The interface is easy to use and the email sending is easy to access. Unlike other email platforms I’ve tried, I love that there is a minimum amount of subscribers you must have before you must buy the paid plan. Nothing is complicated about this. It’s a great tool.

Inconvénients

I wish there was a mobile app but other than that, nothing is wrong with it.

Jean

Perfect for what I need

Publié le 10/06/2023

I've been really happy with Email Octopus. I have a small list for a very small business, and I love that there are different tiers so that the program an grow with me as my business grows.

Avantages

I'm just starting out with my newsletter and have a lot to learn, but Email Octopus makes it so easy and fast. I love being able to schedule newletters in advance and to segment users for different messaging.

Inconvénients

I didn't like that I couldn't automate more than one first-time newsletter, but I think there have been some recent developments that I now need to explore.

Pourquoi passer à EmailOctopus

Honestly, the logo. If I recall correctly, the pricing was pretty similar at the time, and while the others might have had some functionality that EmailOctopus didn't at the time, it had pretty much everything I figured I needed just then and I really love the logo.
Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Secteur d'activité : Télécommunications
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Simple and cheap for a email marketing manager software

Publié le 14/06/2021

Avantages

EmailOctopus provides a dependable platform at a reasonable price, with exceptional customer service. Questions are swiftly and thoroughly answered. The platform is simple to use and offers a wide range of options that i have use to write our newsletter and email marketing content.

Inconvénients

I'd want to see the email builder drag and drop functionality enhanced. It works okay, and the emails are attractive, but it isn't as polished as some other newsletter builder software that I have used. The email template should be more customizable and easy to add a design into it.

Freeman
Freeman
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Love EmailOctopus!

Publié le 26/10/2020

Avantages

EmailOctopus is focused on one thing - helping you send beautiful emails to your subscribers. It's not bloated, it's simple to use, and it's priced very competitively. We switched from Mailchimp a few years ago. We love the ability to use our Amazon SES account to keep costs low for our high volume of weekly email sends. I've also switched client's from Mailchimp to the EmailOctopus Pro plan and it always saves them time and money.

Inconvénients

Would be great to have more integrations with other content management systems but they keep improving every day!

ConvertKit, Mailchimp Transactional Email, Mailchimp et AWeber

Pourquoi choisir EmailOctopus

Price and ease of use. You shouldn't need a course to be able to understand how to use your email management service.