WebTitan

Filtrage de contenu web basé sur le DNS et protection anti-malware.

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

236 avis

Nabila B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion des investissements
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Safeguarded my web browser

Publié le 17/05/2021

For several years, WebTitan has supported us with a reliable web filtering tool that has served us well. We're confident that it's blocking and slowing traffic as we've set it up.

Avantages

Quite easy to set up, clients were quickly migrated from the old operation, and new clients were quickly onboard ed. The monitoring functions are simpler to set up, and the data is displayed in a far more appealing manner. The ability to stop advertisement domains is part of content filtering; sure, this doesn't capture every ad site, but it's enough to make a difference. The greatest thing is that there is no charge for assistance. Any proposal I've made has received swift feedback and resolutions.

Inconvénients

It's not as easy to install as I thought, but once it's up and running, it's a job well done. The impressive infrastructure, technologies, and support services, as well as the fact that it is cloud-based and has a strong product roadmap. We would not hesitate to suggest them to other businesses. Misclassified pages are also being blocked although they shouldn't be. The website could use some updating and improved organization.

Mark H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôtellerie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

No IT staff - need to still monitor end clients this is for you

Publié le 21/08/2021

All positive - I love that we spoke to real people, no phone tag. They have been nothing but responsive when we installed and created our account.

Very positive and I highly recommend them!

Avantages

We have used similar products but they kept changing the product and increasing the cost, they would have no customer support and you could not even email them. WebTitan has excellent support and service, they helped us set it up, configure it, and install it. They are super responsive on email their products works for exactly what we want it to do. It was the best solution for us to monitor some end clients without limiting the rest of the network or having something we could not easily access. For us it is the prefect product, something non-IT staff can set up monitor and use daily to limit risks by a completely open internet policy. This was exactly what we needed!

Inconvénients

My only gripe would be that the install for the OTA product is a little tricky to install. Not super hard but an app or something that is easy would have been preferred, so it kind of makes a one man band kind of set up. Of course, we could have installed it on the whole network but that was what we were trying to avoid a complex install that only our network people could really set up and deploy.

Jesus S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Not works as announced

WCCP integration

Avantages

The top feature for us was the integration with Cisco ISR. It is really easy to switch on/off webtitan without affecting the user: Just an access list membership in wccp configuration does the trick.

Inconvénients

Integration with AD does not work. Unless you push some agent to the client, the product does not consistently work, neither by static IP nor by any other means.

Réponse de TitanHQ Traduire en français

Hi Jesus,
Thanks for your review of WebTitan.
I'm disappointed to hear that the solution didn't deliver as it usually does with our other 7,500 customers.

Our AD integration works very well when you use our agent - this has been developed further over the last two years. We should try again. I've asked your account manager to reach out.

The product will work consistently for you once we get the set up sorted,

Kind regards,

Frank C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services aux consommateurs

Worth the Money.

Publié le 08/07/2021

We have increased productivity. We have been able to see this and track this since installing the software. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has also seen this and has recommended the software to several other vendors we have business relationships with.

Avantages

We were looking for something to protect users both remote and in the office while also increasing production by blocking time wasting sites.

Webtitan is one of several we looked at and it fit what we were looking for. The product was simple to setup and is easy to manage. We have customized alerts for when a user accesses restricted sites and have created keys to allow 1 time use of the site or if we need to white listing a domain is very simple to use. We have all departments from Finance, Customer Service and CEO Executive all with their own security groups and restrictions. Webtitan also restricts access to malicious or suspicious sites which has come in handy a dozen times in the last several months.

Inconvénients

I have encountered zero issues with the software, or support team.

Hector R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Excelente

Publié le 23/04/2021

A pesar de los contados casos que tuvimos y que no pudieron ser solventados e incluidos en la solucion de WebTitan, considero que el 99% de las espectativas fueron cumplidas y mejoro mucho la seguridad de navegacion en nuestros equipos clientes.

Muy satisfecho.

Avantages

He tenido oportunidad de usar el producto WebTitan y en la parte administrativa es excelente, una solucion centralizada y permite aplicar los cambios de inmediato a toda la cadena.

Como usuario ha permitido saber que puedo y no puedo hacer con mi navegacion y a donde comunicarme si requiero un permiso extra.

Aparte de sus configuraciones de filtrado,s e pueden añadir configuraciones personalizadas que se adapten en este caso a mi compañia.

Inconvénients

La experiencia en general fue buena y satisfactoria, mas sin embargo existian ciertas excepsiones que debido a las naturalesa del negocio y de su infraestructura no podian ser incluidas en esta solucion, hablo de 2 o 3 casos de aproximadamente 2500, pero siendo honestos es complicado que actualmente en el mercado exista algun producto que se adapte al 100% a cualquier negocio justo por esas excepciones en donde para que operara se requeria que nuestra infraestructura fuese rediseñada, por lo que debido a costos, salia mejor vivir con esas excepsiones que modificar la infraestructura.

Jason R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau

Top Notch DNS Filtering

Publié le 22/11/2019

There was no pressure to purchase the software. The trial started out for a week and one email to rep to see if we could have more time and before we were off the phone it was extended to a month. While headquarters is not located in the USA, have had no issues getting a hold of a live person to talk to. Great company to deal with.

Avantages

Documentation is step by step. If it isn't in the documentation calling support quick and easy. Before purchasing the software I used the trial. To test support, called in and told them I was just evaluating the software and had questions. They didn't hesitate to answer any and all questions. Being able to talk to the ones that deal with the software daily and pick their brains was excellent.

Inconvénients

Honestly, nothing to complain about. Switched from another software DNS filtering that didn't work and spent more time troubleshooting, switching to WebTitan was a dream.

Réponse de TitanHQ Traduire en français

Jason thanks a million for your kind WebTitan review and I'm delighted that our DNS filtering has been "Top Notch" for you.
Cheers for the shout out for the support team - I'll pass on the good news, they'll be chuffed.
Welcome on board!
Dryden Geary,
TitanHQ

Brad L.
  • Secteur d'activité: Design graphique

Very pleasant experience.

Publié le 08/07/2021

The software is inexpensive compared to competitors, but does not lack in functionality, design, administration, and customer service. The roll-out was simple to both Mac and PC users. The reporting and dashboards are very informative and easy to understand. I am very pleased overall with this product.

Avantages

The admin console for this product is simple, informative, and easy to navigate.

Inconvénients

We had issues integrating with our existing endpoint protection software for our Mac users.

Cost and ease of use.

Logiciel antérieur

Pourquoi passer à WebTitan

WebTitan is a better fit than Cisco Umbrella for us due to cost, ease of use, and is not an overkill of functionality for our business needs.
  • Secteur d'activité: Vente en gros

Great Spam Filter

Publié le 25/11/2019

In the past 3 months we used it, it's been great! It's greatly minimized spam emails that have gotten through and has really helped with any issues that spam emails can bring.

Avantages

It's great at what it does. Once you get all of the settings configured, it becomes very good at blocking spam so that it doesn't come in. By default it's pretty restrictive, but that's been helpful to start. We just lightly loosened it to the settings we needed.

Inconvénients

There's not a way to bulk add email addresses to the list of monitored emails. You have to add them one by one. Support told me that this is a coming feature.

Jill W.

WebTitan Performance

Publié le 16/07/2021

So far so good!

Avantages

Recently switched from an appliance system to WebTitan. I love the cloud setup!

Inconvénients

If I had one thing I wish I could do, it would be to copy an existing policy to create a new one. In some instances I want to create a specific policy for a team with only one or two changes from the base policy. Would make it easier than having to recreate the whole thing each time.

Stan Y.

As easy as advertised

It does the job.

Avantages

Most certainly the ease of deployment. Just change some DNS and/or DHCP settings and the firewall to use this DNS server instead of the "defaults" and you are started. Then a few checkboxes to decide what to filter.

Inconvénients

The reports are nothing to write home about, and since I do not plan on actively monitoring the DNS requests, the reports would be a nice way to get a weekly summary. Likewise with the "alert emails" -- these rapidly become noise and you have to turn them off.

Pourquoi passer à WebTitan

Cisco is out of our league. WebTitan is the better fit
Michael O.
  • Secteur d'activité: Équipements publics

Delcora Review

Publié le 13/11/2020

My overall experience has been positive. There aren't to many false positive pages being blocked, which I expect there to be some. Allowing websites through the filter is quick enough that I don't get complaints.

Avantages

The biggest pro I have is the app for laptops being off-network. I have tried many other products and this is a feature they had, said it works but it never did. I finally found an app that works and it works well. The other pro is many other products I used tried to stuff as many features in as they could, however for-getting the big picture is to filter internet traffic. WebTitan focusses on filtering the internet traffic and thigs seem to be designed around it.

Inconvénients

The one aspect of the software is changing the dns setting in order to recognize user names.

Henry M.

Positive experience

Publié le 06/11/2020

My overall experience with the software is very positive as with the whole site on one blocking system, but with instant access for staff with their PIN codes, it is a very quick, easy system to use. The main issue being end users keeping their PIN secure, however it is easy to see when the PINs were used and who they are linked too.

Avantages

When using tis software in education, it can be difficult with blocks and filters. As an admin, you have to constantly add websites to black and white lists to block and allow a variety of different sites. As well as the usual block all that contain.....you can select individual sites, however with the function of adding a PIN for staff to allow then access to a site for an hour, this takes the workload off myself, but allows the teacher to get on with the task at and not disrupt the teaching of the student.

Inconvénients

With the initial set up of the software, we had some teething problems, but the support staff were very useful in supporting the setup. The layout of the portal itself is a bit "all over the place" and not as logical as I would hope, but after a few clicks and getting use to the interface, you can do everything you need it to do.

Promising, but Still Needs Some Additions

Publié le 27/11/2019

We use it as a content filter, and to help us identify if there seems to be malware on a device. I believe that we have been able to reduce the number of False-Positives from our previous solution, but we end up doing a lot more whitelisting, and I wonder at times if we're catching everything we should be.

Avantages

Our primary reason for changing to WebTitan was cost. We had be fairly happy with our previous solution, but they kept driving up the price, forcing us to look elsewhere on our limited budget, and WebTitan was willing to work within our price range. One of the things I have found that I like about WebTitan is in how it displays some reports. Within the web console, it is easy to see if blocks are in a series, or hit and miss throughout the day. It also gives an easy to see overview if the block count is due to a single piece of software trying to "phone home" at a single URL, or if there seems to, instead, be an effort by the user to get to prohibited content via a variety of URLs. Overall, easy to use solution that works off of categories, but still is easy to whitelist or blacklist given domains, etc.

Inconvénients

Two short-comings readily stand out for our needs/desires.
1) There is no "P2P" category. While there are legal and legitimate peer-to-peer websites and software, we want to block such activity, and limit access to such software as much as possible. Without the P2P category, we're left either with an overly restrictive policy blocking all download sites and then whitelisting a lot, or we stick with only blocking "illegal"/hacking/etc, and then blacklisting P2P sites that aren't caught in that as we find them. Neither is ideal.
2) The emailed reports are not nearly as helpful as the web console reports. I cannot seem to get it to show the same list of blocked attempts in the email. I can only get a block count by category along with a unique domain count. But without being able to see the domains along with timestamps, I have to keep going back to the console to decide if action is required or not.

Jason M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

WebTitan Handles Our Needs Perfectly

Publié le 31/08/2020

Content Filtering, Work Focus

Avantages

I was able to deploy on routers for complete coverage of all devices connected to our network. It also had provisions for deploying on Mobile Devices. The price was very competitive considering the number of features we have access to. They also had the ability to white-list which was a key feature that others I've tried struggled with. Their customer service were very friendly and spent a ton of time with me before and after signup to get things implemented and troubleshoot any issues I had.

Inconvénients

I had to setup Active Directory on my server to enable the capability of creating profiles unique to individuals. This is less of a problem with the WebTitan and more with my chosen method of deployment, but it was something I had to do to get full use of the features. Again, not their problem as a single router only sends traffic from one IP with no way to really know much about the client sending it.

Webroot DNS Protection

Pourquoi choisir WebTitan

Cold Turkey was a quick stopgap product while I was searching for a different permanent solution. It also did not have enough features that I was looking for. I had to deploy on individual machines and it was cumbersome to configure for each instance (We have 18 on desktops alone). Not to mention, I don't like installing software I don't have to.

Pourquoi passer à WebTitan

Combination of features, method of deployment, ease of administration, cost per user
Cody F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

OpenDNS features without the Cisco pricing

Publié le 05/11/2020

I have had nothing but good experiences with WebTitan. This includes support and billing services as well as product functionality.

Avantages

We replaces an onsite Barracuda webfilter 410 with the WebTitan service and did not miss a beat.

Inconvénients

What's not to like. No hardware to maintain, simple setup, more than adequate reporting, similar feature list to competitors.

Barracuda Web Security Gateway

Pourquoi choisir WebTitan

Retired a physical Barracuda Webfilter 410 after 5 yrs.

Logiciel antérieur

Barracuda Web Security Gateway

Pourquoi passer à WebTitan

WebTitan was an easy choice after comparing features and pricing.
Mark S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Santé, bien-être et fitness

Some Customer Support Agents Amazing, Some not so Good

Publié le 25/08/2020

Everthing about web titan service and support has been great, except my interactions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as noted above.

Avantages

I purchased Web Titan to block all thing pornographic from my computer. This your software has done very well!

Once blocked, I needed to ensure I couldn't get back into the account, and the only way to do this at the moment is to change the email associated with the account to one that I don't know.

So I reached out to your support and asked them to change the email address associated with the account, so I can no longer access it. Technical Support Engineer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me out with this and made my dreams a reality. He did a great job and I'm thankful for that.

Inconvénients

After the initial setup and email change, I needed to blacklist a few more URLs, including facebook, because there are plenty of sexual images on there.

I reached out to support to quickly add the URLs, (to avoid wasting time changing the email back and having me do it), and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] responded, and was incredibly rigid and resistant to helping. Basically, he's the kid at recess that tells the teacher on everyone, saying he would reprimant the support agent ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) that made this happen in the first place.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did an amazing job. It's [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that should be in trouble, if any, in my opinion.

Anyway, account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], calmed him down, and convinced him to blacklist the 5 websites in my account. The job is now done and I'm happy as can be.

Syazila R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Pétrole et énergies
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Really excellent in securing internet activity

Publié le 24/06/2021

WebTitan is my fast solutions for securing and shielding my internet connection health and preventing my computer from any attacks from spam and malicious attack.

Avantages

I really like that WebTitan is working for me both for my work computer and my personal computer. It help me filtering the internet activities and blocking any suspicious traffic that my computer connect on. The GUI is really easy for a non technical user to implementing it in their system.

Inconvénients

WebTitan support team is really passive and lacks of medium that they offer for us to connecting with them. I can only contacting them by email, and no other medium are available like phone number or live chat are supported. They should improve their support option.

Abdul N.
  • Secteur d'activité: Emballage et conteneurs
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Easy administration of webfiltering

Publié le 11/11/2020

good in web filtering easy to use, users idl time reduced. Webtitan tec Support closure time needs to reduce.

Avantages

Management pane is one of the key feature I would say as best part in this product, easy to understand and ease of administration, accuracy on filtering is best,pulling out and drilling down on user's web access report saves lot of my time.cloud based hybrid solution gives us leverage of managing it from any where during this pandemic situation, OTG client helps us to manage users browsing even they are working from home. This is giving us an extra shield on our IT security.easy deployment across our infrastructure.

Inconvénients

More time taking to close Support ticket.support conversation hapends only thru email, no chat or no telephone calls from support team. More time taking to apply new policy to users.

• Secteur d'activité: Conseil en gestion

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Effective, Inexpensive, and Relatively Easy to Use.

Publié le 06/02/2018

Reduced spam, reduced viruses. User-controlled management of spam.

Avantages

It does a good job of blocking spam and malicious content. The customized emails that can go out to individual users makes management so much easier. The support, when needed, is very good and very responsive; with what seems to be domestic resources to assist.

Inconvénients

The only complaint I have is that there is not a "greylisting" override. Specifically, when a mail is expected, but is the first time being received by a specific email address, you need to wait upwards of 10 minutes (depending on the other party's server settings). I wish there was some sort of queue or override to get around this without disabling the feature.

Brian M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Assurance
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Webtitan Cloud Good For the Cost

Publié le 05/11/2020

Inherited product when starting new position, overall happy with the product and cost is on the low side. Features seem to be better in some of the other offerings we are evaluating, Cisco Umbrella as an example.

Avantages

Cloud based management with proxies onsite. Easy to change rules and allow one time access to blocked sites for approved use. Logging is good.

Inconvénients

Remote users, laptops and home users are not protected when off company network. Relying on the proxy servers as dns servers works great when onsite. Has a hard time with Remote Desktop Servers, identifying users... these may be misconfigurations but we have not found an easy way for their WADA to break out RDS users.

Brian M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Externalisation/délocalisation
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

WebTitan is a great product for companies that want very granular control over user web...

Publié le 13/07/2018

It fits all of my needs for web filtering across my organization

Avantages

I have incredible control over my users' web filtering and great reports that can be automatically generated and delivered. It's fairly easy to use from an administrative perspective and provides great flexibility. I currently have 350 seats over 4 offices with each office having slightly different web filtering needs and I have no problem accomplishing it with WebTitan.

Inconvénients

They don't really put out many software updates. I think the last one was from 9 months ago, now. They do keep up with definitions for categorizing websites, but actual software enhancements do not get pushed out very often.

• Secteur d'activité: Urbanisme et architecture

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Very easy to setup. Catches a LOT of spam.

Publié le 06/02/2018

The benefits from this software are in the thousands. About 1000 less emails per day. We block about another 3000+ per day before they even make it to the site. However, we also see that SpamTitan is blocking about 2-3 viruses per week. No matter how much protection you have, it is not enough. Spam Titan helps us with protecting our site from Ransomware/Viruses, and in general waste of time going through all of the banking errors of the United Bank of Africa.

Avantages

The amount of spam stopped. It can be configured to work on a SHARED IP hosting with cPanel. I would have to lookup the rule I created, but it helps stop spam emails that originate from the server itself.

Inconvénients

It is not possible to Blacklist TLD's. I have used the local vmWare version, it has a lot more customization settings. That is both good and bad, in that anything you have to adjust takes time, but it gives you better control.

Mike R.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Webtitan - works well but hard to troubleshoot

Publié le 12/11/2020

Avantages

It seems to work as advertised with very little management of it.

Inconvénients

Troubleshooting through history is very limited. Without setting up a syslog server to send logs to, it only has it's history page to look through. Within this page:
- I can only filter by day, but not using a specific time range in that day.
- I cannot search by destination using the FQDN, although it gives the field
- I cannot filter by Effective Policy
- I can filter by user, but due to the setup on the site, much of the user shows up as Anonymous
- There is an export feature, from which I can use Excel to do my searches, but it only exports the records visable on that one page. With the amount of endpoints I'm using, that is only about 6 mins worth of logs.

Michael K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Administration publique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Solid product that has the functionality we need to keep the bad stuff out.

Publié le 06/02/2018

Easy to use, yet does a great job in stopping most of the bad stuff through.

Avantages

The level of protection against the bad emails that are floating around. The software is easy to use and configure based on what our evolving needs are. Over the years of use, I'm happy we made the switch from the previous software to Spam Titan.

Inconvénients

I found that the factory defaults were perhaps a little too restrictive to begin with, which resulted in some false positives. However, tweaking the threshold values was relatively easy in order to make the false positives disappear and get the emails we wanted to receive.

Muhammad S.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Web Titanic

Publié le 23/09/2018

Avantages

Its a great SAAS proxy server.
You can allow and block website base on their types.
You can whitelist some domain so they never get blocked if they are under blocked category.
You can Blacklist some domain so they are always blocked if not included in blocked category.
You can add role based user for management.
I really like creating and installing Certificate to by pass or allow traffic for specific period of time. It make management so easy.
I really like the alert functionality that can notify you if someone tries to access restricted websites

Inconvénients

It doesn't provide any feature to disable addon on browser, so user can bypass it by installing vpn plugin.
They doesn't provide any support to integrate Certificate with MSP like Kaseya, so if you have big network, its very difficult to install certificate on each endpoint using conventional way.
You cannot add more than one email in notification.