199 avis
WebTitan

WebTitan

Filtrage de contenu web basé sur le DNS et protection anti-malware.

4,5 /5 (199 avis)
96% des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
199 avis
Scott W.
Traduire en français

Extremely good blocking of spam, a bit hard to use though.

Avantages

Very good blocking of spam messages.
Works with any e-mail server setup.
Provides extra layer of protection.

Inconvénients

Difficult to use their web interface, as a lot of the parts don't make sense. No simple method to setup multiple users quickly and easily. But once setup, it's pretty much set it and forget it. Also, you lose 99% of control of incoming messages at your e-mail server. Which may or may not be a bad thing.

Jason R.
Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau

Top Notch DNS Filtering

Publié le 22/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

There was no pressure to purchase the software. The trial started out for a week and one email to rep to see if we could have more time and before we were off the phone it was extended to a month. While headquarters is not located in the USA, have had no issues getting a hold of a live person to talk to. Great company to deal with.

Avantages

Documentation is step by step. If it isn't in the documentation calling support quick and easy. Before purchasing the software I used the trial. To test support, called in and told them I was just evaluating the software and had questions. They didn't hesitate to answer any and all questions. Being able to talk to the ones that deal with the software daily and pick their brains was excellent.

Inconvénients

Honestly, nothing to complain about. Switched from another software DNS filtering that didn't work and spent more time troubleshooting, switching to WebTitan was a dream.

Réponse de TitanHQ

Jason thanks a million for your kind WebTitan review and I'm delighted that our DNS filtering has been "Top Notch" for you.
Cheers for the shout out for the support team - I'll pass on the good news, they'll be chuffed.
Welcome on board!

Jesus S.

Not works as announced

WCCP integration

Avantages

The top feature for us was the integration with Cisco ISR. It is really easy to switch on/off webtitan without affecting the user: Just an access list membership in wccp configuration does the trick.

Inconvénients

Integration with AD does not work. Unless you push some agent to the client, the product does not consistently work, neither by static IP nor by any other means.

Hi Jesus,
Thanks for your review of WebTitan.
I'm disappointed to hear that the solution didn't deliver as it usually does with our other 7,500 customers.

Our AD integration works very well when you use our agent - this has been developed further over the last two years. We should try again. I've asked your account manager to reach out.

The product will work consistently for you once we get the set up sorted,

Kind regards,

Secteur d'activité: Vente en gros

Great Spam Filter

Publié le 25/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

In the past 3 months we used it, it's been great! It's greatly minimized spam emails that have gotten through and has really helped with any issues that spam emails can bring.

Avantages

It's great at what it does. Once you get all of the settings configured, it becomes very good at blocking spam so that it doesn't come in. By default it's pretty restrictive, but that's been helpful to start. We just lightly loosened it to the settings we needed.

Inconvénients

There's not a way to bulk add email addresses to the list of monitored emails. You have to add them one by one. Support told me that this is a coming feature.

Bradley T.
Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité
Traduire en français

Great Product - Easy to implement!

Publié le 08/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

So far, for the price, the software has exceeded our expectations. We have already implemented the remote agents to over 100 machines.

Avantages

I love the ability to utilize the remote agent to allow computers to stay under our company's web-filter policy while working remotely.

Inconvénients

The only thing that we dislike so far is the fact that it can sometimes take hours for the policy changes to take effect.

Paul K.

Simply works...

Publié le 09/02/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The main benefit is having the confidence that the product will perform the needed job without constant attention and/or tinkering.

Avantages

Does it's intended functions, Does it very, very well, and requires minimal hands on time from IT staff. Overall, a highly satisfactory product.

Inconvénients

Initial configuration can be a bit time consuming, but that's more due to the nature of the product and function than any deficiency in Web Titan itself.

Miguel T.

I use the SpamTitan Cloud. I like it! Low price and powerfull anti spam

Publié le 14/02/2018

Stop receiving spam!!

It's very effective
You have a great anti-spam at low cost
License by email is great
Filter rules is easy to use

Inconvénients

Very hard to find my subscription (expiration)
Spam list is slow during daytime
Can't block recipient (If you delete a mailbox, but someone continue to send at this mailbox it count for 1 license)
UI only in english

Randy Q.
Secteur d'activité: Internet
Traduire en français

The most fundamental, widely used robust and effective system

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 17/01/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

If I talk about my overall experience, I would say WebTitan is outstanding software that helps me a lot in minimizing viruses.

Avantages

The thing I like most about WebTitan is that it is extremely easy to use and configure. I like its' clear interface. It let us block malicious content and spam easily. It is no doubt an amazing product helping us a lot in kicking out harmful bad stuff. It is helpful in integrating with other network simply. I love its responsive support. Furthermore, in order to filter websites WebTitan is the best solution.

Inconvénients

There is not anything to dislike about WebTitan as it fulfills all the needs of our company. I never face any problem whenever I use this product. It is a flawless app with lots of benefits. It has made my work easier for me.

Joel S.
Traduire en français

Very easy to use and works better than more expensive products.

Avantages

The gui and setup are very easy to use. Network integration was easy and rule setup was very user friendly.

Inconvénients

Slower response time for when I need in depth reports on specific users and their internet utilization.

Kristie H.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Traduire en français

Outstanding tool for most reliable content filtering

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 09/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Finally, I have found this tool be such amazing software that keeps my worries away from me in a better way.

Avantages

Monitoring feature of this specific product is quite unique that totally monitors all the process of online working and also secures all the data. Additionally, its set-up is superb easy and it can be done in just few minutes that save my time and energy as well.

Inconvénients

It is a complete tool for monitoring the entire content and provides us sufficient security. I am more than satisfied with this awesome tool. There is really nothing to dislike about it.

Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement

Promising, but Still Needs Some Additions

Publié le 27/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We use it as a content filter, and to help us identify if there seems to be malware on a device. I believe that we have been able to reduce the number of False-Positives from our previous solution, but we end up doing a lot more whitelisting, and I wonder at times if we're catching everything we should be.

Avantages

Our primary reason for changing to WebTitan was cost. We had be fairly happy with our previous solution, but they kept driving up the price, forcing us to look elsewhere on our limited budget, and WebTitan was willing to work within our price range. One of the things I have found that I like about WebTitan is in how it displays some reports. Within the web console, it is easy to see if blocks are in a series, or hit and miss throughout the day. It also gives an easy to see overview if the block count is due to a single piece of software trying to "phone home" at a single URL, or if there seems to, instead, be an effort by the user to get to prohibited content via a variety of URLs. Overall, easy to use solution that works off of categories, but still is easy to whitelist or blacklist given domains, etc.

Inconvénients

Two short-comings readily stand out for our needs/desires.
1) There is no "P2P" category. While there are legal and legitimate peer-to-peer websites and software, we want to block such activity, and limit access to such software as much as possible. Without the P2P category, we're left either with an overly restrictive policy blocking all download sites and then whitelisting a lot, or we stick with only blocking "illegal"/hacking/etc, and then blacklisting P2P sites that aren't caught in that as we find them. Neither is ideal.
2) The emailed reports are not nearly as helpful as the web console reports. I cannot seem to get it to show the same list of blocked attempts in the email. I can only get a block count by category along with a unique domain count. But without being able to see the domains along with timestamps, I have to keep going back to the console to decide if action is required or not.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Conseil en gestion
Traduire en français

Effective, Inexpensive, and Relatively Easy to Use.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Reduced spam, reduced viruses. User-controlled management of spam.

Avantages

It does a good job of blocking spam and malicious content. The customized emails that can go out to individual users makes management so much easier. The support, when needed, is very good and very responsive; with what seems to be domestic resources to assist.

Inconvénients

The only complaint I have is that there is not a "greylisting" override. Specifically, when a mail is expected, but is the first time being received by a specific email address, you need to wait upwards of 10 minutes (depending on the other party's server settings). I wish there was some sort of queue or override to get around this without disabling the feature.

Brian M.
Secteur d'activité: Externalisation/délocalisation
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
Traduire en français

WebTitan is a great product for companies that want very granular control over user web filtering

Publié le 13/07/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It fits all of my needs for web filtering across my organization

Avantages

I have incredible control over my users' web filtering and great reports that can be automatically generated and delivered. It's fairly easy to use from an administrative perspective and provides great flexibility. I currently have 350 seats over 4 offices with each office having slightly different web filtering needs and I have no problem accomplishing it with WebTitan.

Inconvénients

They don't really put out many software updates. I think the last one was from 9 months ago, now. They do keep up with definitions for categorizing websites, but actual software enhancements do not get pushed out very often.

Secteur d'activité: Urbanisme et architecture
Traduire en français

Very easy to setup. Catches a LOT of spam.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The benefits from this software are in the thousands. About 1000 less emails per day. We block about another 3000+ per day before they even make it to the site. However, we also see that SpamTitan is blocking about 2-3 viruses per week. No matter how much protection you have, it is not enough. Spam Titan helps us with protecting our site from Ransomware/Viruses, and in general waste of time going through all of the banking errors of the United Bank of Africa.

Avantages

The amount of spam stopped. It can be configured to work on a SHARED IP hosting with cPanel. I would have to lookup the rule I created, but it helps stop spam emails that originate from the server itself.

Inconvénients

It is not possible to Blacklist TLD's. I have used the local vmWare version, it has a lot more customization settings. That is both good and bad, in that anything you have to adjust takes time, but it gives you better control.

Michael K.
Secteur d'activité: Administration publique
Traduire en français

Solid product that has the functionality we need to keep the bad stuff out.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Easy to use, yet does a great job in stopping most of the bad stuff through.

Avantages

The level of protection against the bad emails that are floating around. The software is easy to use and configure based on what our evolving needs are. Over the years of use, I'm happy we made the switch from the previous software to Spam Titan.

Inconvénients

I found that the factory defaults were perhaps a little too restrictive to begin with, which resulted in some false positives. However, tweaking the threshold values was relatively easy in order to make the false positives disappear and get the emails we wanted to receive.

Muhammad S.
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Web Titanic

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 23/09/2018

Avantages

Its a great SAAS proxy server.
You can allow and block website base on their types.
You can whitelist some domain so they never get blocked if they are under blocked category.
You can Blacklist some domain so they are always blocked if not included in blocked category.
You can add role based user for management.
I really like creating and installing Certificate to by pass or allow traffic for specific period of time. It make management so easy.
I really like the alert functionality that can notify you if someone tries to access restricted websites

Inconvénients

It doesn't provide any feature to disable addon on browser, so user can bypass it by installing vpn plugin.
They doesn't provide any support to integrate Certificate with MSP like Kaseya, so if you have big network, its very difficult to install certificate on each endpoint using conventional way.
You cannot add more than one email in notification.

Gregory B.
Secteur d'activité: Services juridiques
Traduire en français

We used it as our proxy server and it was helpful in looking at useless traffic.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

A web proxy is a 'must have' piece of IT infrastructure today.

Avantages

Fairly easy to use - the interface is ok and similar to SPAMTitan. We were very satisfied with SPAMTitan and so we also then went with WebTitan. Both products are still being employed today. Because of WebTitan we banned music streaming which was killing Internet bandwidth.

Inconvénients

Not so much a complaint but observation: there has not been any update to the product in a long time. This may in fact be a good thing, but i wonder if also it might be a lack of commitment? The same is true for SPAMTitan.

Derek A.
Secteur d'activité: Meubles
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
Traduire en français

Easy to use, works well!

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

WebTitan has provided us with a stable web filtering platform that has worked well for us for many years. We feel comfortable that it is blocking and restricting as we have configured it to do so.

Avantages

WebTitan is fairly easy to setup. It is available as a cloud based solution or on prem. You can get as simple or as complicated with your filtering as you like, it will handle most situations with ease.

Inconvénients

There are still some issues with mis-classified sites being blocked when they should not be. The web interface could be updated a bit and organized a little better.

Traduire en français

We have been using WebTitan for 4 years now, it works and the customer support is good

Publié le 07/02/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The product helped us filter out dangerous websites and keep our workstations virus free.

Avantages

It's easy to install and configure. Administering it is an easy task, as you can generate reports and make change very fast and easy. The customer support team responds very quickly to your service requests and is quite knowledgeable.

Inconvénients

We had a physical problem with our server and we had to reinstall on a new machine. Backups from v4 were not compatible with v5 of the software, so we had to reconfigure the webtitan instace manually from scratch.

Sobek S.
Secteur d'activité: Construction
Traduire en français

Once set up all is working as it should.

Publié le 07/02/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

A great web filter. It keeps our network safe from threats. We get blocking done to anything that can cause damage or anything that may be inappropriate.

Avantages

Good experience from end to end. The Sales and Engineers went above and beyond to support implementation and set up.

Inconvénients

Not quite as easy to set up as we'd like, but certainly well done once you get it going. The impressive platform, technology, and support services, alongside being Cloud-based and with an excellent roadmap for innovation. We would have no hesitation in recommending to other companies.

Anthony W.
Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Traduire en français

Excellent easy to use product, top of the pool

Publié le 18/07/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Secured public access control to internet, blocking unwanted and in appropriate websites.

Avantages

It is a set it and forget it SAAS. Deployed for our guest/visitor internet access. Simply works very well, bad and good sites are categorized quickly and access is secured. All for a very good price. Far less than Cisco. Support and Setup were very responsive.

Inconvénients

NONE, it does exactly what we need it to do. It is not free. We have not deployed all features, so I cannot attest to those.

Anthony,
Thank you kindly for your 5 star review of WebTitan.

One of the major strengths of WebTitan is in securing public wifi access and blocking unwanted and inappropriate websites on guest wi-fi.
I'm delighted you found that to be the case.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated

Kind regards,
Dryden
Marketing Director,

David R.
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
Traduire en français

Appliance on site, we'll celebrate the 74.000.000 message processed in few days...

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

A clean mailbox each morning, a dailly report with potential false positive, a lot of rules, a lot of settings to avoid spending hours sorting your mail...

- Great GUI,
- a lot of features to earn time and reduce load on mail server,
- Excellent feedback from users,
- tons of spam removed without any action.
- reactive helpdesk
- Remote assistance if required (through tunnel SSH)

Inconvénients

No cons about the software,
pricing could seems expensive, it's not if you check the dailly time you do not spend ...

Daniel V.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Traduire en français

Good & cost effective solution to manage & control your WEB internal users access including monitor

Publié le 12/02/2018

WEB filtering & content management

Avantages

Easy to administer , setup group and tailor WEB access to our corporate WEB user , do have good reporting tools and some protect ion where our users base can go on the internet.

Inconvénients

This software could benefit if it add option to restrict & control apps that can run on the internal network. This would offer better protection again malware that usually kick of an small application or script to download their malware payload

Todd R.
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Traduire en français

I am liking it a lot better than Umbrella by Cisco, which we were previously using.

Publié le 10/07/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is already saving me a lot of time.

Avantages

The simple interface is the best feature. When Cisco bought OpenDNS, they revamped the UI to make it look "modern", but they also made it a lot slower to use and find the info you need. With WebTitan, I am finding that I can log in, quickly look for blocked users, check their individual traffic, and get out in less than 5 minutes. With Umbrella (formerly known as OpenDNS), I just wasn't even bothering to look at traffic because the experience was frustrating. Now with WebTitan, I am finding that I am using it daily again because it is quick and easy to use and doesn't make me feel like I am fighting with the UI.

Inconvénients

The only minor complaint I have so far is that I wish the Reporting tab had an option to consolidate hits by domain name. When I am looking at traffic for a single user, it would be very helpful to just click that and see 1 line per domain that they visited rather than a separate line per hit to that domain. I know I can probably write a macro to do it in the CSV file, but being able to do this in the web UI would be amazing.

Daniel B.

Better than I expected.

Publié le 12/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This is a great product and solution 10/10.

Avantages

Very simple setup, migrating clients from the old service was extremely quick and on boarding of new clients is just as quick.
The reporting features are easier to configure and the information is presented in a much better format.
Content filtering includes the ability to block ad domains, granted this doesn't catch every ad site but enough that it makes a difference.
The best part is the free support. Tickets can be opened by a phone call or through a web portal. I've gotten rapid responses and quick resolutions to any request I've made.

Inconvénients

I've really been racking my brain on this one and I can't thing of anything I, my company, or my clients dislike about this solution.