shopVOX

4,6 (224)
Donnez votre avis !
Solution de fabrication basée sur le web pour les fabricants à façon

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

224 avis

Jordan
Jordan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Really great for managing a lot of jobs (200 + jobs w/12 employees, we are not in the sign biz.

Publié le 10/04/2018

Organizing jobs with a team centered focus, sending proofs to customer.

Organizing jobs with a team centered focus, sending proofs to customer.

Avantages

organizing jobs by step, there are so many different veiws to set up as, and its easy to switch between them. Uploading and sending proofs is nice and customers can approve or enter changes right through the system, and it will auto move the job fwd or backward right in the system.-in real time!

Inconvénients

There is a steep learning curve, but an awesome support team. They give me tutorials, directions, and have even added features or debugged the code for me upon request.

Right now I have the settings for "thumnail in email " off for the proofs but customers still see it , and reply to email instead of using the buttons. which is annoying because we can 100% trust the system , but the IT team is working on getting the issue fixed , im sure it wont be too long to see a solution.

Réponse de TechVOX

Thanks for the awesome review Jordan. Sounds like you are really using shopVOX and experience great benefits. It's great to see that you are managing so many jobs at once and using the proofing system. We are glad you are using our support team -- we are here for you as we know there is so much to learn with shopVOX. The more you learn and the more suggestions we are given, the better shopVOX runs and the better your business will run! Thanks again - we appreciate you!

Ben
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Takes your business to the next level

Publié le 16/05/2019

I don't know how I could run this business without shopVox or something like it. Going from hand written work orders to this was a tremendous leap forward. Everyone at shopVOX will do what every it takes to get you started. And support is always fast and very knowledgeable.

Avantages

It allows me to track every aspect of the business. It is so easy to look up anything on existing customers. Invoices, orders, status etc. Having everyone here on the same system makes it effortless to be in tune with what is going on.

Inconvénients

The only problem I have with the software is I don't use it to it's fullest capabilities. Not being a real computer genius and not having the right person on staff to do it for me, everything is not set up to take advantage of the system. Like any software platform the information coming out is only as good as what you put into it. I have not be able to do put everything in to make this even better. One day I hope to change that.

Réponse de TechVOX

Appreciate your review Ben! Awesome that you take advantage of our awesome support team. We will continue to offer exceptional support to you!

Jasmine
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Terrible product, they don't know their customers, little support.

Publié le 15/08/2017

None

None

Avantages

I can't think of much. Truly, nothing good about it at all for our business. Perhaps this would work well for a small business with only a handful of products.

Inconvénients

We've been using ShopVox for over 2 years now so we have a lot of (terrible) experience with this product. We have had nothing but trouble since using this program. It is not easy, it doesn't flow well, it doesn't make sense. They create problems and then make the fix a paid "feature." For example suddenly everything runs together even when you type it out in nice paragraphs. In order to not have this happen they say you must pay for this "feature." Unbelievable. The communication is horrible, not only language but just general understanding. They blame things constantly on a local server then will report an outage weeks later. It takes them months to fix seemingly simple things. When features they have don't work, they just say not to use it. Worst service I've ever had with any type of software. They corner you into using it since all your data is now in their "cloud" and who wants to start over with another software program yet again. We can't even build pricing, it simply doesn't work. It doesn't connect well with quickbooks, I can go on and on, it causes us more work than if we were to write this out by hand. WE have to manually price out everything because we're unable to successfully build pricing forms.

Réponse de TechVOX

Hi Jasmine - I'm very sorry that you feel this way.

I'm sure you're very busy and I can understand how not having your pricing configured correctly would be frustrating.

I'm more than happy to help you and your team create the pricing templates for your products. And I've already been in-touch with D.Rose from your team about this.

If you'll provide the specific details of these other issues, our team will surely look into them for you.

Utilisateur vérifié

Easy to Use Software

Publié le 16/08/2018

Avantages

The software is very user friendly and offers lots of tools to help you learn and get acquainted with its features and functionality. There is always a drop down in the top corner with guides and when those don't have the answers you need their team has an great help center that is more in depth, but if you still can't solve the problem or such they have an easy chat feature and they are quick to response there or when you e-mail the team.

Inconvénients

We currently don't implement a lot of the jobs and tasks features in our daily use as we are a small office that is pretty up to date with what is currently on the go and the turnaround is so quick that sometimes we spend more time inputting the info into it than actually completing the job, so I don't have much to say about those, but I do use the search feature daily. Sometimes the search feature doesn't always help me find what I'm looking for - I would like to see users be able specify certain customers or time periods.

Also, as useful as the guides as, I dislike that they always have the little icon with a red notification at in the top right corner where your alerts and the guides are. I often see that circle and think there are alerts or chats I should be reviewing, but its actually nothing important.

shawn
shawn

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

This software has dramatically increased our profitability

Publié le 07/02/2018

Efficiency in production and sales has drastically improved, nothing gets missed when invoicing,

Avantages

-how to videos and webinars are extremely helpfull
-customer service is bar none
-able to suggest new features (they actually implement suggestions!!)
- Import customer lists
-import catalogs from vendors
-able to easily track costs of material and labor
-you can have the shopvox team customize forms that suit your needs
-total shop awareness of all outstanding jobs
-job board automatically updates
-easially track any jobs progress
-our company has SEVERAL different processes (embroidery, sublimation,screen printing, digital print, sign making, UV printing, thermal printing, laser engraving) and shopvox is flexible enough to make a streamlined workflow for all of these very different processes.

Inconvénients

-it can be very intimidating to start with all the different options
-can be expensive if you have a very large team that needs access to the program

Patrick
Patrick

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Excellent sales, administration and project management 'sign shop' software

Publié le 16/01/2018

Excellent administration tool for the sign shop.

Excellent administration tool for the sign shop.

Avantages

Unlimited opportunities for growth. The best feature is keeps track of every step of the process for making the sign. As the sign industry is so diversified with so many types of signs, ShopVox has the ability to perform. It does it well. No interruptions. When need support, ShopVox is excellent to work with. Their Chat group is available anytime. It provides all our needs with Quoting, Designing, Manufacturing, Servicing, and Customer service.

Inconvénients

With any new software, setting it up is a challenge. This is like setting up a database management program. It's a different thought process when we setup our products and services.

Jeff
Jeff
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente en gros

Great product!

Publié le 03/10/2018

My experience has been very good. I am not using everything the software is capable of, but what I do use is a huge timesaver. As my business grows, I will begin to use more of the shopVOX features.

Avantages

I looked at several systems before deciding on shopVOX. The software does a great job and will take care of my business as I grow. What I like best is the customer service. I have never waited more than a few minutes to receive help. The help is there 24 hours a day. I also like that shopVOX works great for a small business with just a couple employees and will easily handle a very large business with hundreds of people. You will never have to change systems due to expansion and growing.

Inconvénients

There is a small learning curve, but shopVOX is really great about having online help to show you how to manage the system.

Lindsay
Lindsay
  • Secteur d'activité : Design graphique

Excellent Job Tracking Software

Publié le 17/03/2020

Over all the experience has been great. It's excellent when it's all inclusive in quoting to pricing to proofing all the way to invoicing. The tracking makes it great to make sure customers are well taken care of.

Avantages

From quoting all the way to invoicing. ShopVOX can easily be customized to fit your working environment. If there is a feature that isn't in there you can put in a ticket and request the developers to help build a solution for you.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the servers tend to bug out from time to time in the middle of the day. I'm assuming it's right when they release a new update.

Réponse de TechVOX

Thanks for the review Lindsay! We are glad you appreciate shopVOX's customizability.

Paul
Paul
  • Secteur d'activité : Équipement et fournitures de bureau
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

We are a ShopVox fan!

Publié le 16/12/2018

Improved our customer and product data management , product tracking and management overview processes 100%. Without ShopVox, our future growth would be limited. We have over 140 orders (projects) underway at one time, and manual tracking was becoming impossible. ShopVox will allow us to double out size to $4M in sales in 3 or 4 years.

Avantages

Provides end-to-end management from initial inquiries (sales leads) through product shipping, including quotes, sales orders, invoices, pricing, design, production,and shipping. Good analysis and dashboards for overview, also details on customers, design, and production processes. I have 6 of our managers (sales, design, production, finance) making inputs to ShopVox, no more sticky notes, Excel spreadsheets, etc. Integrates data bases and all processes. Very good training and implementation/configuration support, including 24 hour chat box.

Inconvénients

Pricing models, while very comprehensive (we have very over 20 complex products each with up to 40 features that have to be priced) could be more flexible. Configuring ShopVox for our rather complex dimensional and carved sign & plaque manufacturing business is time-consuming; we opted for the one-week support option, and it was well worthwhile, within 2 weeks we were using ShopVox at nearly full capability.

Angelique
Angelique

Easy to work with

Publié le 10/12/2018

Very smooth, easy to use. Very professional and courteous help you can email or use the chat and they will guide you thru either teaching you a new feature or helping to fix an error

Avantages

It is constantly upgrading to stay up with the industry needs. If an upgrade makes thing less easy or conflicts with a function they will work with us to either change it or help us work with it.

Inconvénients

I would like to see more Apparel catalogs in the options like adding S&S active to SanMar and Alpha

Jimmy
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Jimmy from Adhere Sign Co.

Publié le 21/08/2020

Great, Love it. The support is amazing

Great, Love it. The support is amazing

Avantages

We love having a software that is made for signwriters. From Sales leads through to invoicing shopVOX is easy to use and lets us get a great insight into how we are tracking month to month.

Inconvénients

Timesheets, We would love to be able to track a workers hours and productivity weekly and per job. I feel the time clock is a little over engineered and needs to be simplified.

Alternatives envisagées

WorkflowMax

Pourquoi passer à shopVOX

We had a trial and it just felt right for a signshop to use a software for signwriters

Réponse de TechVOX

Thanks for the great review Jimmy! Appreciate it!

Colleen

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

shopVox is an excellent product which has had a big impact on how we run our business.

Publié le 20/02/2018

Avantages

shopVox is a powerful, complete business management system. It really gives small business owners like me all the advantages of the management systems big businesses have access to. The comprehensiveness of the system is remarkable.
I think the organisation it imposes on a business would assist any small business improve its efficiency and productivity.
The business intelligence dashboards are excellent and give a daily snapshot of where the business is.
ShopVox gives us control over our processes and communication; this has been a real benefit in the day to day running of our business and has noticeably reduced stress. In fact we are now able to handle more work with less people and know where everything is and at what stage of production. This is something we struggled to do without ShopVox.
We have gone to an almost paperless workplace thanks to the facility of being able to display the job board both in the office and in the factory. No more missing pieces of paper!
It has been a surprise to us how much we like being in the cloud! I am able to go home and have dinner with the family and log into the system from home if I need to catch up on any matter.
Support via Chat is good.
shopVox is improving the program regularly and systematically so it is getting better all the time.

Inconvénients

Along with comprehensiveness of the program comes a steep learning curve.
Unfortunately, the training material is not up to the standard it should be. In my opinion the current training material needs to be re written by a professional training-manual writer. And while videos are good at giving a snapshot of a process they are limited as a training tool as they are unsearchable.
There is no readily accessible Definitions Table of the terms used (that I know of). This is particularly important for users in other countries like I am as the meaning of some everyday terms in the USA can have a different meaning in other places.
Because of the poor training material some users may be put off by the necessary steep learning curve which would be a shame given the power of shopVox.

Spencer

ShopVOX Review

Publié le 12/05/2021

The initial setup was a lot. But our business has a lot of moving parts/products. We have about 23 employees. In house we do screen printing, embroidery, awards, and signage. We also do promotional products(out of house). Our Coach was SUPER helpful with the initial setup though. The 24/7 Chat support has been great as well. Took everyone a month or 2 to get the hang of it and we are constantly trying to tweak and improve but I'd recommend it to any shop that does screenprinting, embroidery, awards, or signs.

Avantages

The amount of features and being able to have everyone on the same page at all times is priceless. From syncing with quickbooks to writing orders to overseeing production... and all in one cloud based system. They have apparel catalogs already integrated and they get updated automatically from Sanmar, S&S etc... so no need to adjust pricing anywhere unless it has to do with your labor. The job board and being able to filter it as needed for each department is great. Proofing system and e-mail templates are great. Being able to write a quote/sales order/invoice and email it over with a payment link is great.

Inconvénients

As with any software it will never be perfect. But SV has been good to work with us on getting features/bugs implemented and fixed. They have not been able to accommodate everything but they are usually pretty good about at least letting us know if its possible or not. There are still bugs/features we're waiting on but not hills to die on.
We had to pay a developer separately to integrate the API with our website and UPS worldship. That ran us close to 5K so that was a bummer.

Tiffany

Couldn't function without it

Publié le 13/12/2019

Our overall experience has been positive. We can do all of our quoting, invoicing, tract our material usage and make sure our time is accounted for. We print our monthly reports from it in order to file sales tax, and we are very happy. We use it everyday and plan on using everyday in the future.

Avantages

The ease of use. Being able to build accurate products and make sure we are getting paid the correct amount for our output. The fact that we can calculate our time and not have to guess on pricing, gives our costumers the confidence that when they come to us time and time again they know they are being treated right.

Inconvénients

There are many features we need to implement more. As a newer business we haven't been able to carve out the time. But as we are using it now, I can't really give any cons. It has served us well.

Réponse de TechVOX

Thanks for the great review Tiffany. That's awesome that you are giving more accurate quotes with shopVOX! One huge reason shopVOX was created!!
Yes, there are a lot of shopVOX features that will greatly benefit your shop. For very busy shops that don't have much time to explore them, we recommend that you try a new feature every month. By the end of the year, you will have 12 more areas of your shop more organized and you will have more time!! :)

Mike

• Support client

We have finally found a product which provides for all our custom build products and services.

Publié le 30/11/2017

Avantages

The platform is extremely flexible the way it has been setup. We have been using this type of software for many years and have always had to create "work arounds" to get as close to our desired results as possible. But whats so amazing with sV is the technical support. We have never in ten years experienced the quality and expertise of this group of people. They will sit with you and work through tough issues. Last week I had a problem the first tier tech was unable to fix after many attempts to trouble shoot. He made a quick decision to bump it to the next tier engineer and within 10 minutes my problem was program corrected. It has been such a great experience to be with a company like sV that truly understands our business model and works creatively with its clients to improve the effectiveness of the software and support service.

Inconvénients

That I have to actually think about what I put in as data............ So I came up short on the minimum words here. The reason we don't have a "least" is that this company also has set up a working resolution forum to understand any and all problems, questions specific requests for new capabilities and informs on an hourly basis any new updates to the platform. They also provide a very good business basics learning series that is well done.

Leland
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ShopVOX is an excellent tool for quoting, ordering, and production management.

Publié le 05/03/2022

ShopVOX offers a tool to consistently provide quotes, orders, and invoices that are the same regardless of which staff member creates them. The system provides visual monitoring and management of multiple jobs that can be viewed by everyone involved. The company has an excellent support team that provides help and solves issues quickly and efficiently.

Avantages

I like ShopVOX's ability to produce consistent and accurate quotes and then convert them to orders that are presented in a professional manner without recreating documents and forms each time they are needed. Further, it is great that upon the acceptance of a Quote, the conversion to an order, with proofing tools and production management tools is straight-forward and powerful. ShopVOX enables direct and relevant communications between team members.

Inconvénients

If possible, it would be great to be able to quickly update pricing for materials and outsourced products when the vendor's increase their prices.

Kirsty

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Quotes getting lost in Cyber space

Publié le 22/10/2022

It can be a very difficult piece of software to navigate and the UI could do with some streamlining. Some things are very difficult to locate. However, for most things it works for us...which is why the quoting system (a huge part of why we use it) is so frustrating.

Avantages

The ability to manage almost all aspects of our works from sales leads, quoting (sort of) proofing, production, work orders etc.

Inconvénients

I am so frustrated with the assistance received from Shop Vox in regards to quotes not getting to customers - they are not even in SPAM. Both my husband and I have contacted them on several occasions due to quotes not being received by customers. We have done all of the things they instructed us to do, even engaging an IT professional to assist, yet we still have probably 6 - 7 customers a week not receiving their quotes. Shop Vox tend to absolve all responsibility of this, telling us to speak with domain and service provider all of which we have done. We use other software for other parts of our business all of which are always received by our customers. I think this is something Shop Vox needs to explore, especially since this is a major part of our business.We need some solid guidance/fixes for this.

Kathy
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Shopvox in the screen printing arena

Publié le 12/03/2019

The small business that employs me does not currently take advantage of the full range of activities the shopVOX system can capture but as we grow the company, the system is always there with the solution for our needs. I think that shopVOX is so flexible that it will work as well for us when we are a huge player in the industry as it does for the small business that we are now.

Avantages

I found it very transparent to the user and was able to learn a lot just by working with it (no teaching involved). If I ran into difficulties, the customer support was prompt and their directions were easy to follow.

Inconvénients

I think that anything I don't like about it is related more to my ignorance than anything about the software!

Réponse de TechVOX

Thanks for your nice review Kathy. We appreciate knowing that shopVOX is easy to learn. That was one of our main goals when designing it. As you grow, make sure you do take advantage of more of shopVOX's features. They truly do save time as you have seen!

Christi

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

With all of the programs out there SHOPVOX has been the best for our company's needs for a...

Publié le 27/09/2017

Production wise our company is able to track all jobs

Production wise our company is able to track all jobs

Avantages

My favorite feature with SHOPVOX is how user friendly it is, navigating is a simple task when you have a customer standing in front of you. Also on an accounting end SHOPVOX is very user friendly when searching for payments. On the production end SHOPVOX makes it very easy to keep track of ALL jobs whether they are in a QUOTE, SALES ORDER or if the job has been invoiced. Something that our department like as well is the roll up feature, it makes it simple for customers to read.

Inconvénients

All in all I have nothing bad to say about the software. The communication with customer service is NOT good at all. You end up having to figure stuff out yourself, Especially when it comes to syncing

Réponse de TechVOX

Hi there Christi - we're very happy to hear that you like how user friendly shopVOX is.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a less than great experience with our support team.

I'd love to hear more about your issues.

Please shoot me an email - so that I can look into it.

Andreas
Andreas

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Excellent software for a sign shop, helps control workflow and improve throughput

Publié le 30/01/2018

Improved workflow and throughput, reducing delays and delivery times, helping staff to plan their work, getting a more professional attitude towards the business, better customer service

Avantages

Controls the process from quoting to invoicing. After setup for example the quoting process is very easy but also very powerful. We have improved throughput in our sign shop and reduced delays, thus improving customer service by a lot.
Customer service is excellent, quick and friendly response time for any question at any time. Great tutorials, instructions etc.
Easy overview of daily work tasks, no more thinking of what to do next. The staff appreciates the more organized way of doing daily business and if a person is off you can easily take up the work they have going. Would recommend this software for any sign shop that has 2 or more employees.

Inconvénients

Setup demands time and effort to work efficiently but that's the case with all systems. Does not work well in Microsoft Edge but other browsers seem fine. Would like the possibility to search by name or text in the app instead of only sales order/invoice number.

Marion

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Fantastic for smaller shops

Publié le 11/03/2020

I discovered them at a convention and was really skeptical of what they promised for such a small price. They gave me a decent free trial for me to try things out and I realized it was all for real. Creating powerful customized estimates was a major bonus as well as workflows with custom fields to enter in information important to our business. It's an extremely good value. What's more, their customer service is top notch and they are always improving the software. Any time I have had an issue they have either helped me fix it or have adjusted the software to allow me to do what I need to do.

Avantages

The Estimating feature is HIGHLY customizable. I was able to program a lot of different price structures into it. Anyone with a basic understanding of programming can create extremely powerful price options

Inconvénients

It shows it's sign shop roots a little bit and can be a little finicky for cut-sheet digital shops. They are constantly improving it so this is steadily getting beter

Réponse de TechVOX

Thanks Marion for the great review of shopVOX!

Leland
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ShopVOX is an great tool for quoting, ordering, and production management.

Publié le 27/12/2022

My experience with ShopVOX has been very favorable. I am a consultant so I have the opportunity to see how different businesses operate, communicate, and execute. They all seem to have different ways of doing things but I have been successful at using ShopVOX to get them on a good track.

Avantages

I really like that this system is based on product development and pricing instead of being based on the processes. It makes more sense to customers to use their language like signs, business cards, vehicle wraps, etc. instead of printing, cutting, and installing. Customers want the products and not training in how they are made.

Inconvénients

I would like to have better documentation that is organized according to how the system is used.

Arman
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Software with good features, but with a lot of issues

Publié le 20/09/2019

The entire soft is good to go, if it works. Good tech support, The rep teach how to start working, how to create flows and etc. Then comes the bad side of experience. After discovering bugs and issues, I show some of them to Aaron, he also see it in meeting. Then I tell them to schedule another meeting, to show other bugs and issues, and ask to cancel my account and do refund, and tell them that I will use their software if they fix these bugs and issues. And their co-Founder refuse to refund. At first he said that my described bugs are not issue. Then how to pay to employees. How can be it issue for you if we have 1000s customers. "About 4 ppl have spent time on your account so far including me/billing/Coach/Support". So just to know, I use trial period, then I paid for one month and one user, then I ask them to give discount for new users, because it will be just for testing. They give as 50% for the first month. I use only 3 days, after 3 days we find a lot of problems with performance and not working features. And he tell me about time they spent. Support answers with chat to my few questions, billing just cancel my account, and "me"..
This company instead of say thanks to finding issues, think only about their money.

Avantages

Process customization. Ability to do a lot in one place, from sale leads to production, to customer.

Inconvénients

Software speed, issues with user roles and notifications. Incomplete API, without any documentation.

Réponse de TechVOX

Thanks for the review Arman. We appreciate that you recognize many of the useful features of shopVOX. As with any new program it can take time to learn how to use it effectively and efficiently. Thanks for taking a few days to try it.

Tim
  • Secteur d'activité : Design graphique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Finally a Software that is truly built for Printing, Signage, Award and the Promotional...

Publié le 09/09/2017

Quick quoting
Production management
Usable reports

Quick quoting
Production management
Usable reports

Avantages

Before ShopVOX, we had used three different platforms for our sales and shop operations. None of the three had worked seemelessly.

ShopVOX has enabled us to manage our workflow, track the sales activities that lead to new jobs, and also use solid costing on our quotes to ensure that we're pricing correctly and maintaining margin with sales.

The quoting process is quick and consistent. Pricing templates can handle all aspects of a simple or complex order.

Inconvénients

To be expected you do have devote time into setting up the pricing structure for your individual shop. I blocked out six days to get everything set up.

Réponse de TechVOX

Hi Tim - thanks for your detailed review. We're very happy that you're a customer and I hope you'll get some value from our new E-Commerce features. As always - if there's anything I can do - just give me a shout.

Janet

ShopVox is great!!!

Publié le 24/02/2018

Job tracking

Job tracking

Avantages

ShopVox has been a wonderful addition to our busy office. We use it to track production and accounting for our medium sized business. We love that it will work on the signs side of our business as well as the textile side. With one click you can see where any job is in the production process. It has allowed our team to stay on top of orders and not miss deadlines...and alerts us early on if there is an issue with a product or production. Their support staff is nothing short of incredible. There is a live chat feature and they are usually quite quick to respond and help...even after hours. If the person you get doesn't know the answer they will find someone that does. They are also constantly improving their product. If there is a feature that you feel needs to be added and you mention it to them they genuinely try to make it happen.

Inconvénients

ShopVox was a little difficult to set up...but it has been very worth the effort that was required.