Kinetic

3,8 (177)
Donnez votre avis !
ERP pour les fabricants à la commande ou en mode mixte

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

177 avis

Michael
Michael
  • Secteur d'activité : Meubles

Good Mid Market Configurable ERP Software

Publié le 09/10/2018

Overall my experience with Epicor is very positive. I like the way that I can modify just about everything in order to adjust to my work flow and to solve problems. The support is standard large company support, the first call you make will be to tier one and unless it is simple it will get escalated.

Avantages

The software is very robust. Just about everything that the software does is configurable and modifiable. The interface is fairly customizable, you can move things around and even change the color scheme to your liking.

Inconvénients

I wouldn't say I dislike this, but do take into consideration that the customization of the software requires a significant amount of programming skill. This software is not targeted at smaller companies that wouldn't have an IT staff or are not willing to spend money on outside programmers.

Réponse de Epicor Software

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, Michael. We appreciate the feedback you have provided on customization. At Epicor, we are committed to providing an ease of use experience. Thank you.

Utilisateur vérifié

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Product stability has greatly improved in recent releases, support is often missing in action

Financials, Shop Floor control, scheduling, purchasing

Financials, Shop Floor control, scheduling, purchasing

Avantages

ITs flexibility and ability to customize. Cloud versions available. Offers many modules for most needs. There has been in the past several years a building of third party software vendors with the ability to augment the customization, implementation and general maintenance of the software requiring less reliance on Epicor consulting services. Features such as document routing has greatly improved forms handling. The software is definitely in growth mode resulting in new features and abilities. The number one feature I like is the ability to export any report and most data grids directly to excel. Overall I have more likes on were the software is going rather than were it is at today

Inconvénients

The software is not at all user friendly. Little if any documentation on how to use the product. Education is available but pricey. Support system is totally ineffectual and support personal are lacking in basic knowledge. Company has built many silos and employees do not have the ability to see across those barriers. The online support system called Epicare has added a layer of difficulty in that you cannot speak with an employee to explain an issue. The online submission is often limited to drop down selections that have nothing to do with the problem. The helpful tips you are given when submitting a case are almost always way off topic and of no use.

Mar
  • Secteur d'activité : Automatisation industrielle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Kinetic- It’s not for the weak

Publié le 21/08/2023

Avantages

Lots of different ways to do one thing.

Inconvénients

There is a lot of steps to do one process. -it’s bulky-it’s very unforgiving

Robert
Robert
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés

Epicor ERP Software Review

Publié le 22/10/2018

Avantages

Very versatile software that can be adapted to fit any business needs. I have been a Senior Consultant for Epicor and also an end user for a total of 15 years in all functional areas.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Robert W F Krause
Epicor/ERP/Consulting
Krause Consultants
Cell: 516.983.8095
Email: rkrause@krauseconsultants.com

Inconvénients

The software is very complex and requires some initial training to use it effectively.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Matériel informatique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Not a great CRM

Publié le 04/07/2020

Avantages

Has scope for customisation and works well when used as an ERP

Inconvénients

When used as a CRM, the software is very slow
Requires technical knowledge and a lot of development time to make changes (create views, reports, etc)

Réponse de Epicor Software

Hi, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. Your feedback is invaluable to us. We would like to learn more about the performance issues you are experiencing so we can deliver a solution quickly. Please email us at socialmedia@epicor.com with your contact information so we can assist you.

Roger
  • Secteur d'activité : Équipement et fournitures de bureau

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Not user friendly and to make changes we need to contact the developers. NOT GOOD AT ALL

Publié le 06/03/2018

its a cloud base database and we don't need to back up the data. Also all the info we need is on one location!

Inconvénients

NOT user-friendly, the turnaround on tickets is horrible. There is no videos or forums where customers can go and see how other Epicor users are fixing there/workaround problems they are facing. I was referring to one but apparently its all money. I wish there was a better training on how to admin the software. Also, performance is slow, We upgraded our network to better Mbps and the software has not improved.

Thomas
  • Secteur d'activité : Impression

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Average support level, mainly in Sales

Publié le 12/03/2018

We have achieve the goals we originally set out to achieve:
- improve quoting function efficiency
...

We have achieve the goals we originally set out to achieve:
- improve quoting function efficiency
- centralise functions to one system

Avantages

Full of features. Good ability to customise screens and part configurator to aid our productivity improvement. Version 10 seems to have even more features.

Inconvénients

We are currently still on V8.03. Scheduling module is the weakest of all module. Since Epicor took over from Cogita sales service is close to none existence, level of support is poor but maintenance cost is high.

Eric
Eric
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel

Very customisable ERP

Publié le 03/01/2019

Avantages

This ERP is very customisable. You can change the behavior of the software with it's DATA DIRECTIVE, METHODE DIRECTIVE. You can change the look and feel of every screen with it's internal .NET engine.

Inconvénients

It is slow... You will need a very fast server.
The query engine (BAQ) is very limited with Epicor 9 but I heard it's better with Epicor 10.
If you made a lot of customisation, the upgrades will be difficult.

David
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Broad functionality that comes with a price

Publié le 03/11/2016

We use Epicor to run a $5M machining business. The software allowed us to do almost everything we wanted with the exception of scheduling each machine accurately. While the software has a powerful scheduling module, because many of our parts were processed on more than one machine, we were not able to accurately reflect our actual process in their scheduling module. Standard reports were also lacking so we used Crystal Reports and created custom reports on a regular basis. The ability to easily create dashboards was great and allowed us to create screens that showed specific metrics that we wanted to monitor. Shop floor access was acceptable - allowing workers to log into/out of jobs, clock in/out, etc. on a daily basis. Overall a good package that can easily grow with a small company.

Avantages

Ability to create custom 'dashboard' screens to see things that we want to monitor.
Extensive functionality for small to medium sized manufacturing companies.
Good shop floor usability.
Job costing provided real times access to allow you to monitor costs and flag overages.

Inconvénients

Standard reports were ok but not great.
Scheduling module was not adaptable to our process - would have required some modifications that we did not want to spend the money to make.

Allan
  • Secteur d'activité : Appareils médicaux

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Implementation is a challenge

Publié le 12/10/2017

Consolidation program / process in Epicor still not working right after promises to be better in version 10.1. Excel Connect, as reporting tool, works well but lacks proper security capabilities.

Avantages

Very configurable software which is both good and bad. Software has a lot of capability to flex to our needs.

Inconvénients

Support and training for implementation was very poor, we kicked out 3 different consultants before we found one that could understand our needs and work with us. The initial assessment program by Epicor was a waste of time and money. The program management at Epicor also did not add much for the cost.

Alan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Overall great experience it in terms of scalability, customization, and providing business...

Publié le 07/03/2018

I learned how to create SSRS reports. I learned how to customize different menu items using the wide variety of customization tools. I learned how to query data and transform them in many different ways to present accurate reports. I learned how to use the many menu items and modify them to our business needs. I learned how to develop business process flows for our company to reference whether it's entering an order, tracking an order, creating a job, etc. I learned how to troubleshoot errors that arise. I learned how to identify what causes errors within the software. I learned how to map out what what each menu item is used for. Overall it is a great learning experience and there is much more to learn from this software and I am grateful for having to work with this software.

Avantages

I mostly like the ease of use of this software. Data entry and Data queries are easy to do with the many screens provided in this software. One thing to mention is the powerful search function to find different screens, displays their path within this software so that is also a big plus. Another positive is the overall navigation of this software with the different modules feels natural because of the 'tree view' option for the menu items. The different maintenance screens are set up pretty nicely and can be customized depending on what type of SaaS option you have so that is great as well. I also really like the security settings I can adjust to prevent users from accessing certain screens or hiding certain fields from them. One final mention for this section would have to be the SSRS integration. I design lots of reports and it is extremely easy to pull data into an SSRS report and present them how I want it.

Inconvénients

Of all the pros that I have listed in the previous section, there are some cons to mention as well. One mention that I like least about this software is the optimization of this software. Many screens take at least 2 minute to open and that is with the recommended hardware specs provided. Another mention is that the PDF reports take at least 2 minute or more to view. I know that the reports are server side and I don't know the process flow of it but it would be nice to click the print preview button and 3 seconds later, have the report show.

Lorena
  • Secteur d'activité : Agriculture

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

A very powerful tool for manufacturing companies - but customer support could be better

Publié le 10/08/2018

I believe Epicor is an excellent tool for manufacturing. I can not give it 5 starts really because of the time it takes to get an issue solved once it's placed with customer support. They have however, improved in the last couple of years now that they started using an online ticketing system, which seems to run a lot better now. Its reporting capabilities are amazing, for any module in the ERP. I do believe the experience is better for customers in the Americas than in other parts of the world, since there are a lot more experts, consultants, users, etc. in the States and Latin America than I've seen in Asia or Europe. The implementation is complex, so being paired with the right consultants can make it or break it - it really is a very good software!

Avantages

- very powerful and thorough functionalities for all manufacturing operations
- extremely good costing capabilities (all financial features are quite good, actually)
- can be customized to a great extent
- many tools for reporting and data analysis
- integrates with tools such as MES, bar code reader, is ready for EDI

Inconvénients

- it's a bit more slow that I wish it were
- customer support is very bureaucratic, it takes from a couple of days to weeks to get any issue solved (to be fair, they do solve them)
- learning curve is steep. It's not that easy to use so people who are not tech-savy get a bit intimidated by this tool
- instruction manuals and help menu are only available in English

Dawn
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Great for Manufacturing Plants

Publié le 08/08/2019

The business problems we solved are more up-to-date inventory management system and the ability to make last-minute changes from customers without re-creating orders.

Avantages

I like the flexibility to customize the software to fit your business. There are many features which can be incredibly useful. The fact that it is Windows-based is a plus fo our antiquated facility.

Inconvénients

The one con I have about this software is the price. I like that we can find status updates in real-time on orders or inventory; however, to get this feature you have to pay even more money.

Réponse de Epicor Software

Hi Dawn, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the flexibility and ability to customize is so useful. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

robert
  • Secteur d'activité : Pétrole et énergies

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great ERP

Publié le 30/04/2020

It has been great we have found errors in our engineering program and saved a great deal of money. It has allowed us to have all of the different departments all in one ERP.

Avantages

It has truly helped the company grow and able to analyze what works and what isn't. Purchasing and Project Management is simple and straightforward.

Inconvénients

It isn't aesthetically pleasing and I have noticed many users like it to be sleek..

Réponse de Epicor Software

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your review of Epicor ERP. We're pleased to hear it has helped you identify areas of improvement in your organization. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Sheri

• Support client

The experience has been good, the software seems to be working as desired.

Avantages

The ease in which most parameters are set in the part entry screen. The forecast module seems to be performing as desired, offering consumed quantities for easier visibility. MRP plans unfirmed jobs which make sense between planned jobs and firmed jobs. They are distinguished very well, giving the user a sense of clearness. The site maintenance screen allows the user to set up the prefix for the MRP unfirmed orders which is nice and clear to see upfront in identifying MRP unfirmed jobs.. It is also nice to have a time fence parameter in the part master where no jobs can plan within that time fence.

Inconvénients

It is often no intuitive, making it hard to figure out why MRP suggested something that did not make sense.

Richard
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation

Good Software. Mediocre Support

Publié le 14/06/2017

Avantages

The software interface resembles a Microsoft product which helps end users pick up the basics of navigation.
Epicor 10.1 represents a significant improvement over legacy versions of the software and performance is much better.

Inconvénients

Support is poor. First line support team members are really just called takers and it is difficult to get to someone who actually knows the software and who might be able to assist you with the problem you are experiencing. Most times, it seems like the first line support tech's job is to find out if you have customized the software so that they can use that as a reason not to provide support, which is frustrating since the Epicor sales pitch emphasizes ease of customization.

Ross
  • Secteur d'activité : Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Epicor is amazing for tracking production details

Publié le 03/10/2019

Epicor has been a blessing with customer support, as it helps us track every aspect of a parts creation.

Avantages

I frequently use this program to track historical product records. I can pull a full production detail report, to see each and every operation a part has gone through.

Inconvénients

Sometimes, the reporting feature takes awhile to pull the report. This is only the case for very large reports however!

Hi Ross,
Thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the production tracking is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.Many thanks.

Nicole
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Great if you are a potential new customer, not so great after

Publié le 12/09/2016

Avantages

We went from a manmade access system to this ERP system being our first. I enjoyed the easy click through menu options and ability to customize the forms to our liking. We have a unique business that would not fit an out of the box capability.

Inconvénients

Reporting is not easy in this system. Almost everything has to be customizable and it created many years worth of problems trying to build this system without a strong support team. We have been trying for over a year to get our rep to give us pricing on licenses as we have grown and would like to expand in this area. We cannot get responses from the website support, our rep, or anything. Once you become a customer, you are abandoned, and left with very little support. this was not ideal as we developed how we wanted to use an ERP system and what the system could really do. We have spent 100s of thousands with other consulting companies to try to build the system, all while paying for the support and maintenance without any support.

Bryn
  • Secteur d'activité : Machines

Great ERP

Publié le 28/04/2020

It is easy to use and pick up, taught myself quite a bit.

It is easy to use and pick up, taught myself quite a bit.

Avantages

The ability to customize reports is outstanding. I also like that I can easily find the information I need when I need it.

Inconvénients

Modules. You have to purchase quite a few separate modules to be able to use everything which can cost

Réponse de Epicor Software

Hi Bryn, thanks so much for your review of Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the customized reporting is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Tony

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

mostly pleased with the software.

Avantages

safer storage on the cloud. configurator for production. ability to modify pricing for each customer by adding individual price sheets.

Inconvénients

cloud based makes it a little slower than server based. cannot email orders direct from Epicor. cannot handle VIN numbers. inability to print invoices until after the order is closed. cannot modify orders after the order is marked shipped. in our old system we could modify until the month was closed. we write many more credits than before.

Daniel
  • Secteur d'activité : Automatisation industrielle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Epicor

Publié le 09/04/2020

Avantages

We use a ton of customizations and personalization. The ability to do so is awesome!

Inconvénients

We are a job shop, non-stock parts with many only being built once. Epicor 10 is more geared towards stock jobs and continued quantities

Réponse de Epicor Software

Hi Daniel, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the customization functionality is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Jasmine
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

As a company we have been able to accelerate our reporting capabilities.

Publié le 06/03/2018

Extreme ease of access and effective and efficient customer support.

Extreme ease of access and effective and efficient customer support.

Avantages

The capability and functionality of the system is incredible and effortless once your are trained and have the knowledge on how to operate.

Inconvénients

Not necessarily a con with the system itself but if your current systems mode of operating doesn't easily transition with the way Epicor works it can create a few obstacles in how the functionality of Epicor can work for your company.

james
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile

EPICore EPR

Publié le 02/12/2019

Avantages

Unlike some software where the beginning of the text is used for searching this software allows the user to use any part of the text for which your are searching.

Inconvénients

Generated reports do not search the entire report unless starting again from page one. What this means is if the user finds the item searched for on page 520 the next search will start from page 520 unless the search box is closed and page one is clicked on to start the search.

Réponse de Epicor Software

Hi James, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the search function is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.
Yours sincerely,
The Epicor Social Media Team

Judy

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Very Labor intensive

none

none

Avantages

Really, nothing!. A lot more work with very little better results, I see no great improvement at all. I feel that you changed thing to benefit a few user but not the majority of us

Not as easy to use as 8 was a lot more labor intensive
Can't change a conversion factor if it was entered incorrectly. You could in 8
Less bang for the buck in my opinion. Since going to 10 we are not even using the scheduling as we should be

Réponse de Epicor Software

Hi Judy, Thank you for your response, we value your feedback. We are working with our team to contact you for follow up.

Diego
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

I work with EPICOR everyday.

Publié le 07/03/2018

One central source of information for the entire company. The flexibility to create reports that are specific for the business and to export information to another tools make my daily job easier.

Avantages

It's very easy to learn and it's very flexible. Once you are familiar with the interface it's easy to navigate and find the way to get the job done. Exporting information to another tools is easy and useful.

Inconvénients

Impossible to drag and drop... I'm lazy! Seriously, there are some features that I would like to have like create templates for common daily tasks.