NordVPN

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

768 avis

Vasilis S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Développement de programmes

An affordable VPN

Publié le 08/08/2021

It's an excellent VPN and is honest for its price.

Avantages

Friendly interface, Kill Switch (it cuts internet when not connected to VPN), 5500 servers worldwide, works in desktop and mobile.
NordVPN has a very competitive price and frequent updates.
You'll have split tunneling, which means you can optionally choose which apps use VPN-protected connections.
Onion over VPN for enhanced privacy and anonymity - that goes slow, of course, but onion goes slow by its structure.
Some less popular functions are still included, like custom DNS or invisibility on LAN, and there is an option there to block ads and malicious websites.
I didn't use that last one, but it might be tricky as it is unclear how it works, so I have it disabled.

Inconvénients

Russia is out. They have 5500 servers, as they say, but there is not even one in Russia.
Not everybody needs Russia; however, it's not there.
Sometimes it's not connecting automatically on computer startup. However, if you have the kill switch enabled, it's not connecting until you enable it manually, so you're protected.
2- The Split tunneling seems that doesn't work with all apps. For example, I tried to let the signal connect directly but can't. The same problem is with some other apps. But that might not be NordVPN's problem because some 'foxy' apps like WhatsApp are build to bypass VPN and connect directly.
3 - They had one server hacked for one month. Press was pointing that as a substantial significant deficiency BUT, that isn't a problem at all. First of all, it was just one server out of 5500 servers which is equal to nothing.
And - in the end, the majority of sites already have HTTPS, so what a hacker might see is, the IP [whatever] - is connected to [Amazon].
There is no sensitive information to be leaked.

Nabila B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion des investissements
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

NordVPN help me to protect my digital footprint

Publié le 17/05/2021

This VPN is outstanding and it has achieved everything it promised in terms of a VPN. I use this app on a personal level, and it allows me to visit web pages in other states that are not available in my own country. It also allows me to watch Netflix from the United States and the United Kingdom in my own region. It has also aided me in my professional and personal endeavors.

Avantages

I've been using this app for quite some time now, and I believe I can safely claim it's fantastic. I had used some free VPNs before buying this app, but they were ineffective and slowed down my link rates. Since I've had NordVPN, my link speed has been constant each time I use the app. The software also has a huge number of servers all around the world, which comes in handy if you want to stream Netflix or other apps in different countries. The NordVPN customer service team is also quick to respond and will guide you through any issues you may have. It is also quite user-friendly, simple to use, and fast. It can also bind up to five computers at the same time.

Inconvénients

To be honest, I have no complaints or critical remarks about NordVPN. I've been using this app for a long time, and they've always achieved everything they promised in terms of a VPN. I don't have any complaints about NordVPN right now.

Aymeric M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Développement de programmes

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Worst Experience Ever

Publié le 29/08/2021

After a reboot of my computer, the login didn't work so I contacted customer support. I had bought a license for each of our employees at the time (4) and was going to upgrade to 11 more for my new company. Simply because I could not prove the exact date of purchase AND the amount paid back in 2019, the agent [SENSITIVE CONTENT] refused to reconnect my account with my new email. Nothing was asked about my ID in order to move forward. 'computer says no' type of guy... very disappointed by the poor service after all these years and will instead switch to Proton for better security anyway.

Avantages

Not much tbh: server always slow to load especially when travelling abroad

Inconvénients

Customer support is hopeless, not ready to help at all.

Harshpreet S.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

A great option for both protecting and securing yourself on the internet.

Publié le 07/06/2021

My overall experience has been great with NordVPN.
I am still a fan and continue using it.

It offers a lot of features and their support is great as well!
A lot of new features are being added, so I really like the good results that I have been getting from them!

I also like that I have the option to install the same on my phone and other devices as well.

Avantages

I like that I have the option of choosing multiple server locations!
Being a tech person, that comes really in use!

It has a really handy windows application as well!

I also love that it uses the latest technology out there, so my data is actually safe!

Inconvénients

I have noticed that sometimes the interface on this is a bit slow. It is a bit more expensive than other competitors as well, and not all servers have the best speed.

OpenVPN

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

I choose NordVPN, because, at the end of the day, the safety of my data is the topmost priority for me. And NordVPN, does that job with perfection and nothing I would change about that!
Utilisateur vérifié

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Tested a lot of VPN services

Publié le 14/11/2020

I have tested several other VPN services but this one seems to be the best at the moment and the best value.

- Easy to use
- Security
- No logfiles on a server
- Works to
- Bypass Geoblocking

Inconvénients

- Sometimes some software act strange if you turn off VPN and ask again for login credentials

ExpressVPN et Kaspersky Endpoint Security

Pourquoi choisir NordVPN

Was not able to bypass geoblocking what is for me a dealbreaker

Kaspersky Endpoint Security

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

None of them was really and easy able to bypass geoblocking
Konstantinos K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services à la personne et aux familles
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

The Fast and the Securious

Publié le 12/12/2020

I am pretty satisfied with NordVPN, it is fast and stable and I will continue to use it, despite missing a couple of features that I would love to have

Avantages

NordVPN is fast and stable. Its user interface brings privacy to every user, no matter what their familiarity with computers/networks is.

Inconvénients

I am missing the option of port forwarding, as well as the option to choose the encryption algorithms and ciphers I want to use.

Stu K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Animation
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Very Handy Tool

Publié le 31/05/2021

Working in the animation industry, I often get projects that are region-specific. It really helps to have software which can spoof my location to be in the same area as the project so that things like search results and maps are accurate when doing screen-recorded work. On a personal level, I can't really comment on what it is like using with streaming platforms such as netflix or amazon prime, however, having moved from the UK to Canada and missing home, Channel 4's streaming service works when using Nord. I don't regret my purchase at all.

Avantages

NordVPN is incredibly easy to use with its very user-friendly software. I love the feature of having a global map which I can select the required location. To date, I haven't encountered any issues when using the software or its features and can confirm it works exactly as advertised.

Inconvénients

After using this software a few times a week with light use, I see no cons to the product. It works exactly as advertised.

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

I managed to find a fantastic deal for NordVPN that I just couldn't turn down
Misheck K.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

My Favorite VPN

Publié le 01/08/2021

Its a great application because it has never disappointed me since I started using it, I would recommend it to my friends and family

Avantages

I like NordVPN because it helps me to browse sites that are restricted in my country here in Africa by simply changing the location and my IP address changes to the country I want to
NordVPN also helps me protect my information on my computer from hackers from hacking my computer's database
And I like its easy and user friendly user interface

Inconvénients

The application is great the only thing I think should be worked on is the price, it's a bit expensive given the fact the I am in Africa and I have to convert USD to my country's currency. But all in all, its a great app and I like what it offers

Alex P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Photographie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

NordVPN - reliability, safety, privacy

Publié le 10/02/2021

Peace of mind that my private data is more secure with a VPN. Customer support has been fantastic, any question I had they were very prompt to respond and provide good service. Very good product, speeds are top notch.

Avantages

Easy to use, I like that it is cross platform (I have both Mac & PC computers so the functionality between both is crucial). It has proven to be fast, safe, and reliable VPN product.

Inconvénients

Found it to be a bit more expensive than similar products, but they often run specials and promos that bring the cost down, you just have to find a good deal.

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

Pricing at the time was comparable to Nord, but I had a personal friend recommend Nord which helped to make my decision
Luis G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Vente en gros

Great VPN for Privacy and Safety

Publié le 19/08/2021

Overall, Nord VPN is very easy to use and a very trustworthy VPN for safety. I trust Nord to keep me safe when making online transactions and browsing foreign websites. I highly recommend Nord VPN for Browser safety.

Avantages

I enjoy using Nord VPN to protect my company when browsing on foreign sites and when contacting unknown sellers. A VPN keeps me safe and offers various privacy options.

Inconvénients

I have very few complaints on this software, the main one being the loss to the servers at times.

Norton Secure VPN

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

I decided that the most well known and well reviewed product was Nord, so I decided to trust the reviews and I have not been disappointed with this yet!
Aleksandr S.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great vpn packed in somewhat troubled software.

Publié le 23/04/2021

It is ok.
Reinstall it manually, write down the full set of packages it require for work (affect Win and mac only, mobile devices are fine to the best of my knowledge).
use their DNS as an alternative to public DNS and especially (!) to the dns provided by your network providers, they are always full of ads and unwanted redirects.
Take a look at their password manager. It is not quite clear why to use them instead of free keypass but who knows, may be this is what you are looking for.

Avantages

A lot of endpoints across all the world.
Clients for Win, MacOs, iOS, Android.
Very intuitive and reach options, you may choose the tunnel type you want.
Number of supplement software: password manager, cloud encryption, secure dns.
As far as I noticed NordVPN goes very easy on the battery which is very important during the trips.
NordVPN team puts a lot of efforts into making the exit nodes "clean", i.e. - keep them out of black/block lists. It is not always possible, of course, but at least they keep things under control.
Quite a lot of documentations to set up nord vpn on most routers or smart devices.
Speed is overall very good, depending obviously on country and area, but still - NordVPN seems not to attempt to save money on providing mediocre service, they really invest in hardware and wires.
NordVPN withstand independent security checks and to the best of public knowledge they do not keep any records on user's activity. They were first to leave Russia which demand to keep records - that should mean something, right?

Inconvénients

Well, on a flip side - there are a number of issues with the software. First of all, it is not quite stable. While session being established last until you switch it off, the application itself may just stop to connect, out of nowhere. Reinstall may not help. Appears that NordVPN install some additional packages that should be reinstalled manually.
NordVPN software may literally kill your network connection after you disconnect from their service. It happens because it fails to restore the routes, reboot will help for casual customers while advanced may just restore the settings without reboot, but this is definitely not what you expect from "secure browsing".

Support - is mediocre. You may wait for answer forever, periodically decline one more suggest to reinstall. To me - there is no support at all, at least for personal users. Things might be different for corporate, though.
Software update on Apple device may fail with "unable to download" for weeks. Not sure how to fix that unless you are ready to install it manually downloading the package from their website.

Pourquoi choisir NordVPN

TunnelBear has issues both with exit nodes set, their stability, speed and software.

TunnelBear
Kudakwashe N.

Digital world and privacy

Publié le 12/10/2020

With AES-256 level encryption you can be granted a peace of mind a sense your secure connection away from hackers and government agency's.

Avantages

When comes to privacy they is a lot of VPN clients that will promise you the world in terms of encryption and data security. Its not easy to choose which one is the best vpn client but NordVPN is one of the top clients one can choose due to the fact that its much cheaper than most software on the market compared against to the features it comes with. What i really love the most its support of online media streaming services and you can easy also configure it on most mobile devices running iOS and Android but the no brainer when choosing NordVPN will be the ability to have at least 6 simultaneous connection hence increasing the speed drastically.

Inconvénients

NordVPN offers better discounts when you signup to a long term like for example 75% discount when you sin up for 3 years in advance, this can be bit tricky to some people because they wont want to commit to such a long period since the digital world is constantly changing. A vpn client that might be working today might end up not useful tomorrow.

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

Its offers the top security and cheaper monthly prices than for example ExpressVPN which is the equal rival
Hayden C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Art/artisanat
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

Nord VPN: the MVP of VPNs

Publié le 17/06/2020

Avantages

The pricing plans are a big draw with this product, you choose how long you want to commit, and the pricing for each plan is more than worth the quality of the product and service received. Also the support is top of the line, offering constant live chat and a ticketing system, that is eager to help, expedient, and professional. The breadth of servers to choose from is another major draw, and the ones I've tested, for things such as streaming Netflix from foreign countries, is surprisingly fast compared to NordVPN's colleagues, and especially free VPNs or even the VPN offered with quality virus protector's like Norton, which I has reviewed positively as well. Part of that is it's quick connect feature, which finds and connects you to the server with the fastest speeds available. But the long distance speeds are impressive at well, I've even heard of people's downloading speed INCREASING when connecting to far away countries. NordVPN...It is truly all it is chalked up to be.

Inconvénients

This is a product, one of those rare of it's ilk, that in comparison to it's colleague products I cannot find faults. It did everything I wanted it to in spades, and then some. It excels in every department and was development with the tenderest of care. Place trust in it's unanimous praise, and if you do experience issues, know that they will be there to quickly offer assistance any time of the day. Granted, I'm saying all this but am currently running a free trial, however I am very likely to be purchasing a long-term plan, and encourage you to do the same.

Mark G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Design graphique

NordVPN user for 3+ Years both Professionally and Personally

Publié le 26/03/2020

Now having used NordVPN for the last 3+ years I can honestly say that we are very happy with our purchase and will continue to use NordVPN in the future. The ease-of-use has improved over the years and made using this VPN pretty quick and convenient. An added bonus over the years has been their increase of servers in countries which has helped us interact much easier with our clients.

Finally on the home front, my wife and children use NordVPN on a daily basis and having become quite proficient with it. Actually have a few neighbors using it too. My wife who is not particularly computer savvy is completely happy using Nord every day while she is on the Internet. One of the reasons I am writing this has to do with the fact that our subscription to Norton renews in June and we were just having a discussion about the VPN last week as I asked if she wanted me to look at other options. Both she and my children agree we should continue using Norton for our home VPN service

Avantages

Our company has been using NordVPN going on four years now. I also have been using NordVPN for my personal use at home. Prior to using Nord we had used two or three other VPNs at our company over the years with varying degrees of success.

Before we decided on NordVPN four years ago we actually tested four different VPNs at the same time for 30 days before deciding on Nord. I don’t remember all of the reasons for picking Nord but all four VPNs stated they offered nearly the same features and functionality. I do remember how consistent NordVPN’s speeds were between servers. Also their customer support was crucial in getting our business.

Our company has high bandwidth usage on a daily basis and we have had very few problems with our VPN. As Nord has incorporated new features into their platform we have had almost seamless transitions with the product.

Inconvénients

As far as customer service goes I would like to say that we had some customer service blips in 2018 due to new employees on our part but these were quickly addressed and resolved and customer service has been great since then.

Fred Y.
  • Secteur d'activité: Construction

Simple, Effective & Private

Publié le 10/02/2020

My experience with NORD extends over several years. This software provides my business the ability to perform online purchases and sensitive financial transactions with little concern of compromise

Avantages

This software has about everything a legitimate user could ask for:

1) Optimized Connections = Super Fast Internet Speed, not like other VPN's that will turtle-step you thru your online activity
2) Automatic Connection to the server/country/region you choose
3) Automatic Internet Cut-off if you lose the secure connection
4) An enhanced Cyber Security feature for online security
5) Options for routing thru multiple servers for enhanced obfuscation
6) You can hide your IP on a LAN, making your system invisible (careful this will shut down wireless printing as your system will not be recognized by the printer)
7) Tons of locations/countries/servers to choose from
8) A Panama based company outside the direct control of the US despite it being a territory of the US so records and harder to get.
9) Their servers only operate on RAM meaning there is no information of your online activity being stored.
10) Support is quick to respond when needed
10) Best Value on the market
11) Designate/Customize your own DNS
12) AND for those in Restricted locations- Yes NORD will get you thru on Obfuscated Servers

I have used other VPN's including (never recommend) free ones. NordVPN has the simplest VPN Software Dashboard (GUI) to use, requiring little to no expertise at all. Their Manual is small and well composed; made for people without much knowledge of VPN's. As a background service it requires little resources on the CPU and its overall speed is unmatched.

Inconvénients

As I am a legitimate user, I have little complaints about this software. It is plainly used to provide more secure connections for banking, email & online purchasing.

Dmytro S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Internet
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Why I choose NordVPN

Publié le 16/07/2019

I do work online (web developer) so I need a high level of security and constant protection on all my devices (phones, tablet, laptop). I also travel a lot, and I have had some negative experience with fraudulent Wi-Fi access points at the airport. I lost some money at the time, but NordVPN took care of this now and never again had such problems. The company has a good reputation and gives the best monetary results.

Avantages

I work online, so VPN is a necessary tool. I have used and compared many, but my choice is Nord VPN, because:
1. Connection speed is higher. No other VPN provider could achieve the same results.
2. Fast support that wants to help, unlike some others VPN providers. Support for NordVPN solved all my problems quickly
3. A simple and convenient interface on mobile and desktop and OS that I use (Windows, Android, iOS)
4. Great price if you go for a long-term deal.

Inconvénients

The speed of Netflix was not very high, but when I talked to customer support, they told me which VPN server would work for me, and that helped.

HMA

Pourquoi choisir NordVPN

HMA has terrible support that cannot solve even small problems. The VPN connection may disappear and you will not even notice it. The speed on the servers I need to use in (HMA and VyprVPN) is slower.

HMA

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

I used all of them and made my own test to check which one would give me the best overall results (speed, number of devices used, simple settings, reputation). NordVPN showed the best results.
Sébastien L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The VPN service that's featured everywhere and for good reason!

Publié le 13/02/2019

This software has been consistently reliable for my personal use and saved me various times. Once, because of an issue with the cable company, we couldn't watch the Olympics, so we resorted to watch an online stream without any hassle by connecting through another country.

Another time, I realized I wasn't getting a fair price when watching the price multiple times for a flight ticket, so I went with NordVPN and compared from different parts of the world to get a better deal.

It also happened more than once that I would want to display a website in English, but because of my current location, some websites decide to force the display in that local language. NordVPN was an easy fix in that case as you can choose to appear from almost anywhere in the world!

Avantages

This is a reliable and affordable service. It logs nothing about your activity and allows up to 6 devices to be connected at the same time, which is handy to secure both home and work devices. They have servers in many countries (61 at this time), it can connect with the onion protocol, it is very secure (with AES-256 and double VPN), it can be configured with OpenVPN, it works great with P2P applications, it supports many different platforms (both desktops and mobile), the customer service is quick and efficient. It is frankly easy to set up (I have tried on Mac, Linux, Android and iOS without any issue). They even explain everything transparently in their FAQ and they have clear instructions on how to set the service on practically all types of devices that support VPN.

Inconvénients

There really isn't much to criticize about NordVPN. I did notice that they now have even more applications available for download. There used to be no application available for Linux (even though it was fully supported through other means).

Some servers were actually very slow when using my cellular connection, but this can happen with any service and a slowdown is always expected. Since they offer many servers in different countries, I was able to quickly find some servers that work in my current location.

Demirdis S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Best and Cheapest VPN

Publié le 21/08/2019

Avantages

I have been using NordVPN since 2017. I am an International Student in the UK. For my literature review, I often need to access foreign universities e-library and many of them have IP protection overseas. After using trials of some other VPN services, I have decided to use NordVPN. I think NordVPN is best and cheapest VPN provider. It is very easy to use and allows me to access the web anonymously and securely. The application works great on my Mac and android phone. Also, I used the application on Windows 10, It was working great, too. I have travelled a lot for my research and some countries where online-based calling and chat apps are banned, NordVPN unblocks those apps and allows me to securely pretend to be in a different country. In addition, my university provides some data analysis software, they also IP protected and I am using NordVPN to access those Softwares​ while I am out of the UK.​ NordVPN has a large server network in 60 different countries but I generally use a few European countries server and overall these speeds are amazing. Moreover, NordVPN is strongly secure apps with no leaks, it has Internet Kill Switch option which blocks all internet connection if the VPN connection does not work. I have not needed but NordVPN offers 24/7 live chat support, I like chat support rather than calling customer service.

Inconvénients

The Kill Switch feature does not really work on my mac but I have not had ​any problem on my other devices. Some NordVPN servers are a bit slow but they provided many other options so just need​ to change the server.

Patrick D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction

A Must Have!

Publié le 20/03/2020

The internet is the way it should be when i am running my NordVPN. Not worried about sites tracking me. NordVPN Solved that! Not worry about ending up on some suspicious site and entering my information and being a victim, NordVPN Solved that.

Avantages

Security $ Peace of mind! I use NordVPN for gaming when i am on my PC. I play professionally everyday and over the years we have some bad apples come along and start DDoS our IP Address and Just flooding my router just so they could kick me off line. I got tired of always turning off my router and waiting like 20 minutes for a new IP and just going through the headache of it all. I found NordVPN when i needed to mask my own IP and get the protection i needed to continue to enjoy my gaming experiences and thats what they offered me. I enabled NordVPN on my PC and never been kicked off since. I feel more safe now knowing its something i no longer have to worry about. I also use NordVPN for my everyday internet searching and website visiting to feel a bit better about my personal information not being so easliy found out and sites using my information to tailor their ads towards me.

Inconvénients

At first its a little complicated to get it fully working and installed correctly but the newest version is pretty much a install and it does everything else for you. no complaints and i been using it for a long time now ..You forget you even have it on and when you start your computer up it auto starts it self so you never forget.

Claire M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services aux consommateurs

Security while traveling

Publié le 12/01/2021

In general, good. As I mentioned above, I do have to pay attention to make sure it's activated but other than that, it adds a feeling of privacy and security that I really appreciate.

Avantages

I started using NORD VPN while traveling a year or two ago when I realized that most hotel WIFI is not secure. I didn't want anyone accessing my financial or business information so I researched various options and decided on NORD. As far as I can tell, it works just fine. I do have to pay attention and make sure it's up and running. I also have it on my phone but rarely use WIFI on my phone outside of my house. When I do, I use the NORDVPN for security.

Inconvénients

Not sure what causes it to "fall off" and not connect me through a secure network unless I tell it to. I'm not very tech savvy and it could be that all VPNs work this way. Today I realized I needed to update the app, reinstall and then I could once again turn it on. Since I haven't been traveling during the pandemic I'm been a little less concerned about using a VPN.

Walter P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Développement et commerce international

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

One of the better VPN products but not the best

Publié le 12/12/2020

Even though we have a relatively fast internet service (200Mbps), our internet access and usage speeds were substantially affected while using the VPN services. Technicians from our internet provider recommended that the Nord VPN service be disconnected unless really needed. However, when using other VPN providers we found that our internet speed was affected to a lesser degree than when we were using Nord VPN.

Avantages

Very comprehensive product with a very extensive number of servers around the world to offer a very effective array of options. Great number of features available if needed.

Inconvénients

Considering the options available for VPN services, Nord VPN is quite expensive and the use of the services can be somewhat daunting. Our experience was that regardless of which server in the multiple countries available, the service affected our internet speed quite substantially.

Adam C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Essential tool for travelers

Publié le 22/11/2018

Really excellent. They usually have a promotion to get a multiple year deal. This is often the most economical way to get the service over the long term.

Avantages

NordVPN is very easy to use software to protect your privacy online. Once installed you can easily encrypt all your online traffic via a variety of different servers in different countries and different protocols (Double VPN, Onion over VPN). You know that once enabled none of your traffic will be tracked by the network you are on or somebody trying to sniff your logins/passwords on unencypted public wifi. Note - if you are using google services even in incognito a lot of what you are doing can still be tracked via your log in/hardware id. So if you really need privacy remember to sign out of these accounts and use tools like Tor Browser to not be tracked.

You can install on a variety of devices (computer, tablet, smartphone) with one account and know that when you are using a free wifi service (e.g. hotel, airtport, coffee shop) all your communication is secure. You can also circumvent geoblocking if you want to watch your TV services in your home country but that may not be accessible if you are travelling in another country.

Inconvénients

Routing thru an additional VPN layer can slow down connections, but most servers are fast, and if you get on a slow one you can easily switch to another server/country to try and get faster service.

Initial connection on PC can be a bit slow (20-25 secs). Not sure why. iPhone app connects within seconds to VPN server (5 secs).

Lois O.
  • Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Usually works well, few small issues

Publié le 21/05/2021

Overall, my experience with NordVPN is a positive one. I had an issue with logging in about a week ago and their customer service live chat solved my issue in just a minute or two - their response time is great.

Avantages

I like how easy it is to use - it starts when I open my laptop, connects in a few seconds, and off I go. Switching between countries is also quick and easy. It's very convenient.

Inconvénients

If I leave my laptop unattended for 20 minutes or more and it goes to sleep, when I wake it up, my internet connection to the WiFi is always gone. It is definitely related to the VPN (Which still shows connected) and when I restart the VPN usually the WiFi manages to reconnect. It's no big deal but it is a minor inconvenience.

Hotspot Shield VPN et Norton Secure VPN

Pourquoi choisir NordVPN

I was on the free version and it wasn't giving me what I needed so when I started looking at paid options, NordVPN seemed better in comparison

CyberGhost VPN

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

Reading testimonials and reviews online helped me to reach my final decision.
Timmy T.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Privately access data, monitor team connections.

Publié le 30/03/2021

This software is extremely easy to use. Once the client is opened on a desktop or mobile device and user-authenticated, your IP is bounced to a host country or location of your choice. The sensitive data that we send back and forth among team members is then obscured from all parties except those on either end. Great for secure communication between small, intensively-uploading and downloading teams.

Avantages

I liked that I was able to securely send sensitive data with a single button click to connect with the client. I also found it useful to be able to see if my teammates were connected via NordVPN so that I could send them data with the assurance of encryption/security.

Inconvénients

Only 25-30 countries are usable as VPN hosts. This is fine, but limits the amount of bouncing that the IP address can do. Users and admins are able to determine which hosts they allow or use.

Pourquoi passer à NordVPN

ExpressVPN did not have transferrable licenses or a competitive team-based pricing option.
Karel R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Construction

Safe and Secure and Seamless

Publié le 11/01/2019

I'm proud to remember to have a VPN running when I'm on a public wifi network. The pricing is great and so is its ease of use so I am happy to renew my annual subscription when the time comes. By the way, this product is excellent for frequent flyers since the company has servers all over the world and your connection is always secured on airport wifi.

Avantages

NordVPN makes it very easy to connect to the Internet securely. The quick connect button makes the choice for you to enjoy the quickest encrypted connection. The Internet kill switch is a great feature to ensure that your traffic is always encrypted and not suddenly unsecured when a vpn connection drops out. The pricing is great. The availability on many phone and computer OSes is great. It's all very much great.

Inconvénients

It takes a little while for the app and desktop client to load, but that's just a matter of patience. The company claims that there is a strict no logs policy. I haven't researched if that claim has been validated by a third-party entity or if the users are just supposed to believe that. Many people have recommended this VPN product and I am still very much in support of this product, but the validity of the strict no logs policy is interesting to me and not worrisome. The most annoying thing is when I'm trying to access a website (especially Amazon) and I'm unsuccessful in connecting to it because the website won't allow me to browse anonymously since it recognizes that the internet traffic coming in stems from a VPN server. Maybe it's just a matter of trying another server that the website doesn't have on its blacklist.