Avis sur SportsEngine

SportsEngine

Operations management for sports leagues, teams, and clubs

4.5/5 (59 avis)

Having looked at and used many League Management platforms, SportsEngine® beats everyone hands down.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

As the Webmaster and Registrar, my personal benefit has been the ability to remove myself form the day-to-day changes to the website. In our old site (we had for 6 years), the page content had to be edited in HTML (web page base language) to work the way we needed it to work. As a result, I (the webmaster) was the only person with the qualifications to make those changes. With SportsEngine® I've been able to empower a good number of the board members so that they can make changes to an area of the site, post news, and send league wide communications. Not only does this reduce the workload for me, but allows the board members to get information out in a more timely manner. The 2nd benefit for us is the 'responsive design' templates. We found that the majority of our users interact with the website and league information on a mobile phone. Without responsive design it was impossible to interact with many parts of the old website. This factor was key for us looking into the future to create a sustainable website and tools. We certainly did not want to change websites again. Another key benefit that we hoped would deliver the expected results was the integrated mobile app. The app is free to all members, and is focused on the TEAM rather than the websites focus of the LEAGUE. We've been pleased to find that adoption of the app was rapid, and that families really leveraged the app as their daily platform for all things related to the team. We also unexpectedly found that we could leverage the apps built in notifications to reach parents with important league information (rain outs, field changes, game reschedules) where they may not read or simply ignore the same information in email form.

Avantages

So many pro's it will be hard to list them all. The ease of use is tremendous which makes it possible for most of the board members to contribute to the site during all cycles of the board year. Because the help documentation is so thorough getting new members up-to-speed and able to manage their own communication streams takes little time and does not require the league to have a 'webmaster guru' to support everyone. Another nice element is that that the site is 'data driven', meaning that all of the news, text, documents, etc. that are added are stored in a database so that you can change templates based on you're personal preferences without loosing any of the content you've created. The registrations work extremely well, and with the rostering functions make adding players to teams a simple and thorough process that can easily be handled by anyone who can use email. Dibs is an essential tool for managing volunteer hours and commitments and continues to evolve - as does every part of the platform - to make a larger impact over time. The other key feature for our league has to be the integration with the SportsEngine® app. One the season gets into full swing, parents and players utilize the mobile app for game times, practice times, league news, and team messaging. With the RSVP features, the app has become the key tool for our team managers, and team staff. There are many more pros that I could list, but there is a limit to what I can write!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Parents love it ... rockstar support ... simple to use!

Publié le 28.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We just ran a fundraiser through the site. 4421 individual products sold through a shareable social media link from our Sports Engine team page. We made money for our lacrosse club and I didn't have to lift a finger. They built it all as a registration. When it comes time for delivery I run one report and all the data is there.

Avantages

The interface is simple and user-friendly. Parents and players love the team stats feature! Great mobile App. Reporting is a breeze exportable .xls for everything you want to know. Registrations can be used for fundraising sales. Can't say enough about their support team and I manage a support team for a web hosting company. I could have built all the functionality myself but it would have taken months these guys have an out of the box solution at a reasonable price. Don't listen to the hater reviews they have no idea what it takes to keep an application like this running and are looking for free software that can't do what you need it to do. This stuff works and is reasonably priced!

Inconvénients

Some limitations to the size of pick list you can have them build for you when using registrations as fundraising management but I'm asking a lot of their support team to manually build out lists. I wish they would implement export to Google Drive in the spreadsheet reporting features.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

We converted our complex custom operational sports web site to Sports Engine platform.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Eliminated our Accounts Receivables, Game Scheduler to go to desktop, IOS/Android Apps, data base generator, Game registrations flexibility and each team registration communications as well as being flexible to enable our live game iScorecast to be incorporated into SportsEngine software.

Avantages

The ability to be able to take our unique custom operational sports platform and adapt it and SportsEngine adaptations to get to the end results we wanted thereof. We demand a lot of data both from an analytics but also to users data within the analytics while using other software modules in a fully desktop and IOS/Android apps platform for our club members. SportsEngine has worked with us as we have pushed their system to fit our custom applications and uses thereof. The end result is that we have greatly reduced our staff time on a weekly bases by over 75%. This is huge savings in preparing for a transition plan.

Inconvénients

Registration for events, games and tournaments has some areas for improvement such as Page 2 of a new registration information should all just pop up as the same versus entering the same information over every time. We do between 90-100 registrations and that is the same reentry of information to the registration questions. Especially when it is a copy of a registration to the same site with a new title and that is all that is being changed.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I have been the webmaster of the MN Selects Festival for the past seven years.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The MN Selects were able to replace the manual registration process for approximately 700 players each year with an online solution that has built in reporting capabilities. So, in addition to managing our Festival more effectively in terms of time and money, we are also able to leverage various functionality to allow our coaches to track their registrations, assign jersey numbers, etc., as well as allow our Directors to track their regions teams at a holistic level.

Avantages

I had no prior experience as a webmaster when our MN Selects organization decided to pursue a company to help us manage our 40 team/680 player yearly festival. In a short time, we were up and running with a brand new website leveraging SportsEngine. I would say the most important aspect of the software is it's ease of use - the fact that an individual (and organization) with no prior experience was able to implement a solution so quickly clearly speaks to the strength of the product. In addition, equally as important to me/us as users, is the quality of the team's Customer Support. I continue to be impressed with the ease in which we are able to enhance and upgrade our site year after year thanks to the help of the SportsEngine team.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Extremely satisfied; fantastic customer service; easy to build a professional looking website.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Platform allows us to build a world class website for a elite travel baseball program.

Avantages

SportsEngine has been a true partner from the original sales cycle to the design, build and implementation of our travel baseball site. Their outstanding customer service and support is world class. I'm a IT professional and work with many vendors and I would rank SportsEngine right up there with the best of them. They deliver a high-end product with incredible responsive support and assistance (and always with a smile).

Our organization knew want we wanted and SportsEngine went above and beyond to ensure we were happy with the end solution. We were admittedly a high-maintenance customer and I never once sensed they were frustrated with accommodating our requests/needs. The SportsEngine community as been a great resource for us for new ideas and tips/tricks. The tools was easy to learn and fun to work with. The tool allows for an incredible amount of functionality. We believe SportsEngine platform and professional support has allowed us to build one of the top travel baseball sites in the country. The cost was super competitive to other platforms we looked at and if you look at the site, you would expect that it cost way, way more than what we paid for it. It's a great value through and through. We couldn't be happier with our selection of SportsEngine and we couldn't be happier with our ongoing partnership.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

SportsEngine is the way to go

Avantages

This isn't just website/marketing software! It's a web-based platform for running your entire sports organization. It's how we communicate, manage teams, organize events, accept payments and manage registrations.
Want to get word out at the last minute about a cancellation? Use SportsEngine to broadcast the message by text and email, with a simple calendar update.
Want to bill a parent for their kids extra lesson? Just send them a PowerPay bill online. You'll get paid online and have a record of the whole thing.
To top it all off, the whole thing is backed by NBC Sports, so you get all kinds of free publicity at a National level and your organization looks like they've really got it together.

Inconvénients

There are some things that I don't like, but they just keep making it better. Don't like something? Go to a user group meeting and talk to them about it. If your ideas make more sense, you'll probably see them in an update. They have great support and really listen to the needs of their users.

Support client

Sport Engine has been great for my league since the first day I changed over to their website.

Avantages

First off, it's very professional looking! Which is a big selling point for my league. The look created legitimacy for my league. The support staff has been excellent to work with! From the Sales Representative and Account Manager I work with, all the way through Registration and Tech Support departments, all have been helpful, and prompt when doing so! I honestly believe the professional look of my website has given my business the edge over the competition in my market. And last, but certainly not least, the website is super easy for the user like me to edit, post pictures, video and content to my website.

Inconvénients

I don't dislike anything about Sport Engine's websites, or them as a company. If there was anything that could be thought of as a negative, or a drawback, is that as a new company, they have a lot of great new ideas and features that they plan to roll out in the future, but things like that take time to develop, so making sure they're done right for the sake of the customer is what is important. Patience is the virtue we all must have until those new features are brought to use.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

SportsEngine: Lots of promises but nothing works as advertised. Customer support is awful.

Publié le 26.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I purchased this product to set up a website for a youth volleyball club I manage. None of the features the sales rep promised or touted work as advertised. They will take your money and leave you to figure everything out. I had to hire someone with website experience to get the basic shell set up. It's not intuitive or user friendly. There are lots of bugs and glitches. Extremely frustrating. The worst part of the experience has been the customer support. There is none. You have to email your question. Responses take a minimum of 24 hours to come and they rarely solve the problem. Mostly a "try this" or "we think"... If I attempt their "try this" and it does not work it's another email and another 24+ hours for a response. Items that should be resolved in less then an hour take weeks to resolve. Don't waste your money or time with this product.

Avantages

Its a professional looking website.

Inconvénients

Extremely time consuming to use. Awful customer support. Lot's of glitches and bugs.

0.0/10

Proven technology, support is quick and they care about my site.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 25.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Branding our Athletic Department. Great communication tool for messaging and the calendar. Parents and faculty at the high school LOVE the visibility and the professional look.

Avantages

Easy to use. Lot of room for creativity. Great communication tool. Great customer and technology support. Online DIY videos are very helpful! Unlimited photos and videos for parents is a big deal! Mirroring tools are valuable. The ability to build custom reports is very helpful. The look is very professional and has helped me "brand" our Athletic Department. When I need to talk to a real person, they are there for me.

Inconvénients

Parents don't read my directions. The software is awesome. When I am searching for an issue in the video support site, I get too many answers. Would love if it would let me search for a term in quotes so I can get to the exact topic. For example, if I put in a search for "how to create a team event" I get every possible topic that has the word "team" in it. Would be helpful to search an exact term. But tech service has worked when the search engine does not. And my Baseball teams wants to separate the calendar events so they can track statistics. Right now I put on the calendar, then when he duplicates an event for statistics, it's confusing to families.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

SportsEngine is by far the easiest sports related software platform I've ever used.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Ease of use, improved communication and much more.

Avantages

As the Director the Mankato Sports Commission as well as being involved at a volunteer level for numerous sports organizations I have been exposed to and had to use many different sports related software/website platforms. SportsEngine is hands down the best of any I have ever used. In minutes I can show somebody who has never used the software a few basic things and get them up to speed enough that they can easily help manage a website on this platform. I love that you don't need to know how to write code or really any technical aspects in order to make changes or updates.

Inconvénients

Occasionally I run into things I'd like to do on our website that are not available as options however the SportsEngine team always gets back to me in timely fashion to either let me know of a way to do it or let me know if that is something they are working on.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

SportsEngine has been a great partner and provider for our organization for nearly a decade.

Publié le 10.10.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We currently use the software for our website, a mobile app, tournament software, background screening and online registrations.

Avantages

The best part about SportsEngine's platform is how easy it is to use. It is very simple for administrators who don't have a computer science or programming background to learn how to use the site and create a great online presence. Another great feature of this software is how it is being continuously improved. There are a number of features and functionality available today are weren't just a couple of years ago, and product enhancements continue to be launched frequently.

Inconvénients

Registration fees include a transaction fee and a percentage-based processing fee. These seem small up front, but they can really add up if you process a significant number (or high priced) registrations.

Glad we switched!

Avantages

One stop app for all our team spanning multiple leagues. I can keep track of where everyone is play on any given day! SE has been actively updating its offerings either for their web platform or apps based on suggestions made by their users on their Ideas page. Can't wait to see what's next.

We've been giving team managers more access and they love the team management features.

Inconvénients

No Windows 10 app! I get it... not exactly a great case to develop one as their Windows 10 Mobile isn't that popular but with millions of desktops using Windows 10 (including most of our organizations) it would seem a no-brainer to have a simple desktop app to access the info

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Longtime customer on the SportsEngine platform

Avantages

I really like the ease and flexibility of altering the appearance of our site. The widgets make it very to use. Support team is very responsive and their developers seem to be consistently making improvements.

Inconvénients

The sms and messaging has improved greatly for clubs/teams but it needs to have the ability to message on a league wide basis.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Best decision we made as a league!

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The main benefit is the ability to stay in touch with our membership base. I can send an email to all members about camps, upcoming seasons, schedule changes, stats, scores, playoff brackets, all kinds of benefits to choose from. When we started using the software we were a league of around 60 teams. Now we have over a hundred and counting. I do believe that parents love the ease of use and they can have their own team pages at no additional cost to the team.

For anyone that knows how expensive a hosted website can be the cost of SportsEngine is nothing compared to what you receive. Unlimited photos, videos, calendars, team pages..... it just goes on and on. We have used SportsEngine going on 8 years and I can't imagine ever changing. It's just too easy.

Avantages

Online Registration, ability to post schedules, standings, playoff results, member database for future events and seasons. With all of our incoming parents they have grown up in the internet age. They expect to be able to have an online source to register, get updates, see schedules, pictures, videos and a lot more. It really does give us a competitive advantage over other leagues.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

SportsNgine is terrific. The website design/set up was seamless. Customer support is outstanding

Avantages

Ease of navigating through the site. The website is very user friendly. From an administrative stand point, it's very easy to do the behind the scene adjustments/changes.

Inconvénients

A few items need tweaking:
1. I would like the ability to set registration close dates or capacity levels for each team. Basically, close registration at any level at any time.
2. When sending out an email with a PDF it should be one click to attach and send.
3. When sending out an email to different groups I should be able to click on multiple groups to receive my email. However, that currently can't be done so have have to cut and paste multiple times.
4. I should be able to send a group email to all the families who have an outstanding balance. However, under the current system I have to send out an email to each family individually.
I would be willing to work with you to enhance your site to make it even better

Support client

Our experience has been terrific. Great company to do business with, Highly recommend.

Avantages

Very user friendly and great support. SportsEngine team is always working on updates and continuing to make the software better. They have great knowledge of their products and their client's needs and work to produce great results. The online registration process has been a huge asset for our department.

Inconvénients

I really can't think of anything that I dislike that wouldn't be something petty. If I had to pick something it would be the slightly different look from a computer to Ipad to smart phone.

Support client

The big bully now...without improvements they will eventually disappear.

Publié le 08.03.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

No doubt this is probably the biggest most robust system out there, but the platform is clunky and becoming antiquated. They need a full rewrite or eventually someone will replace them with a more user friendly product.

Avantages

Sports Engine has most the features you want, can handle big data, and is somewhat configurable.

Inconvénients

It's a beast, not many volunteer organizations have the IT skill on staff required to run it properly. Trust me, this is not user friendly software.

6.0/10

Easy to learn and use with great features and integration

Avantages

Very easy to learn and use, even for non technical users. Integration is a big plus and saves time from manually having to perform certain tasks.

Updated mobile app calendar integration is a big plus as well!

Inconvénients

A few quirks with the calendar and adding events, (ie selecting a specific date and trying to add a new event, reverts back to the current date instead of the one you selected) not a deal breaker but I have had to go back and change things because I forgot about that.

I also wish there were more available canned templates to choose from.

Support client

Best Website and club management system on the market.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great looking site, that is easy to manage, and a great system that manages the club registration and team's for me.

Avantages

The ability to manage a travel club all through the site and software is perfect for any team or organization of any size.

Inconvénients

It doesn't have a POS component yet. With a multisport facility that includes a sports bar, smoothie bar, and pro shop it makes it a bit difficult to manage them all through the site.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Sports Engine has made our registration and communication process very simple and easy to use

Publié le 28.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

easy of registration, a collection of data on families, a collection of dues, communications, app-driven for push notifications, interaction with photos, videos, game detail outcomes, player profiles,

Avantages

Simple and easy to use, mass communication made easy, very effective and simple to set up and use. Parents like the app as makes the notifications of upcoming practices, events, games, changes very easy to communicate.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Sports Engine is a great company with a great mission to serve youth sports. Love the platform!

Avantages

Scheduling, rosters, and social media integration are just some of the best features. No coding knowledge is necessary but customizing the site is definitely possible with Css and HTML. Our families love the news feeds and mobile app. We also use the included DIBS service for volunteer management and online registration is a breeze and very customizable!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Took on this project and Sports Engine made it easy and the support is fantastic.

Publié le 05.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Parents at the High School LOVE the fact that they can be communicated with, the calendar is easy to read. And all forms and information is all in one place.

Avantages

Easy to use! Easy to train others to use. Tech support is very helpful. Helped me brand our Athletic Dept and families LOVE it! Easy to access and full of all the information parents need at our High School.

Inconvénients

When I go to the helpful videos, I can't search a specific topic. Too many articles come up for the topic I choose. Other than that, absolutely NO problems with Sports Engine.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

SportsEngine has brought my clubs productivity to an all time high. Absolute fantastic company!

Publié le 30.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It made my soccer clubs administrative duties much simpler.

Avantages

The ease of use in regards to registrations and payments. It has really streamlined my club and completely eliminated the use of any paper. The constant updates and changes to the platform to better it have been so useful as well.

Inconvénients

The website designer needs an overhaul. For the average sports rep running the website it is very useful, but for someone who wants to take the website to the next level, it is pretty limiting.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

SportsEngine is so much more than a platform or template for our team's website.

Avantages

I enjoy the evolving nature of the website, always improving and taking every opportunity to help you get to the next level of optimization.

Inconvénients

Currently, Powerpay is a tool utilized for non-recurring invoices like tournament fees, jersey reorders, etc and it does not allow the payments to be designated to the specific team account - Powerpay collections go into one main account. This causes a lot of backend reconciliation and money transfers.
I know that they are working on this.

Support client

SportsEngine is the best League management platform out there. I also know several teams use it too

Avantages

Very easy to use, very user friendly. Great graphics and support when you need it.
I have been with them since 2012 and I see improvements being made that are beneficial to the teams.

Inconvénients

I would like to see where you can send emails to multiple smart groups, yet not send to the entire league.