153 avis affichés sur 139

Aplos

Logiciel de comptabilité en ligne pour les organismes à but non lucratif et les églises

4,4 /5 (139 avis) Donnez votre avis !

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
153 avis affichés sur 139
Brandon B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Simple and easy, but with advanced features for those who need it.

Publié le 09/10/2018

We began using Aplos as a brand new church. They helped us every step of the way as we grew - absolutely stellar customer service! We still don't have the complexity that some larger churches do, but every time we have needed to add something, the capacity has been there. The one exception was the lack of payroll integration, which I understand that they are now adding but we have not used yet. What I love about the product is that it is easy for us who are new to accounting to use, but also robust enough that our treasure (CPA) is able to use it in more complex ways.

Avantages

Cloud-based Accounting with multiple user accounts makes it easy to keep finances updated.
Clean, simple, straight-forward layout makes use easy.
Super-responsive customer service are always there when you need them.
Bank integration makes it easy to import transactions.
Contact management.
Reports are quick and easy to generate with customized data.
Ability to connect to online-giving.

Inconvénients

At the moment we are unable to link families within the contact management system.
There are awesome graphs and charts on the dashboard, but unfortunately they do not have a lot of customization options or the ability to easily export.

Robin P.

Intuitive Software and great support

Publié le 03/02/2021

We have a robust reporting for our church finances. Better than most I've seen and I think it is in most part due to the ability to talk through the needs with Aplos support and get the help on what functionality meets those needs.

Avantages

When I came on board as treasurer we were using the software inefficiently and not taking advantage of functionalities that would help us. I worked with the team asking questions about my needs and they translated those needs to functionality. Within a very short time I created funds and tracked financials that gave a much better picture of our finances.

Inconvénients

I was not around for implementation so I am unsure if the problems were the Aplos or GVC team related. Now I understand the software, it is critical to plan the uses than implement .

Wendy A.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

APLOS Software for my Small (but growing) Church

Publié le 28/12/2018

The people at APLOS are great to work with. Easy to reach out to, quick to respond, They are really good at listening to my particular need and showing me how APLOS helps with it vs. just a generic response. Also, you can't beat the price. (I got a Black Friday 50% off special for a year). I looked at other options - some were too much for my need (both cost and complexity) and some could be made to work (Quickbooks for example) but were not really designed for a church. This is PERFECT for us.

Avantages

I purchased this software to help me take on a new role as treasurer of a small church. Am about 6 weeks into a "practice period" and will wipe out my practice data and start clean in January. It has (almost) everything I could want and some things I did not expect. The people database for church members, vendors, & prospects supports communication and there are robust accounting features (budgeting, bill pay, offerings, etc.). It has predesigned reports of all kinds that can be easily customized. You can import and export data. And it is really easy to use. Clearly designed for non-professionals like me - a volunteer doing a treasurer's job. Loved it from the first time I started playing with it during the free trial period. Also the resources (webinars, academy, one on one support) are great! Have watched several webinars, and chatted with people in customer support several times to get specific guidance/suggestions on my questions.

Inconvénients

Have found only 2 things missing so far: 1) My pastor wants the ability to use the letter/email functions to communicate with members (uses the contact database) without seeing their donation records - and right now that "separation" isn't available. Also in recording donations, I would like to differentiate between cash and check because you need that info to make your bank deposit. APLOS doesn't provide for that. There's a workaround but not a great one. Customer Service made note of both of these needs for future releases.

Sherry N.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Good Software for Beginning Nonprofits

Publié le 13/07/2018

Avantages

I like that everything is all together in one spot - donor software, accounting, newletters and online giving forms. I like how when someone gives online through your forms that it automatically incorporates into your accounting and saves info from the giver into your contacts.

Their customer service and support is their beacon of light. Extreme strong point. It's almost as if you have nonprofit accountant on your staff to answer your questions. They answer you quickly, and their answers are always helpful. And often times they've logged in and completely helped me fix an issue. This is the best thing I love about them and something that makes them completely unique. This was a game changer for me as a brand new nonprofit and didn't know what I was doing. I can't say enough about this! This is what makes me recommend them to everyone I know that's a nonprofit leader.

Inconvénients

The newsletter email templates and online giving forms are very template-y and don't give you a lot of control. The final product can help you get information out, however it looks pretty amateurish, which in turn makes your nonprofit/your brand, look amateurish - which is more important than most people know. If Aplos could follow constant contact's lead on design formatting they would be top notch.

The other thing I don't like is often I'm fundraising for events and have options for customers to pick (example : I want to buy tickets for an event and a tshirt for two people), or want them to be able to buy multiples of items and it really needs somewhat of a "cart" option for online giving forms.

Third, I get lots of complaints from customers about the transaction errors which make it hard to give. I get this a lot. Which can hinder givers, often they won't go back again and give again when they get an email way later that the transaction didn't go through, so you lose donations. I've addressed this with them several times, but there hasn't been any resolution. I think it has to do with that the provider they use does a micro-transaction to the bank and then banks don't approve it.

April D.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

The Aplos Advantage

Publié le 30/06/2020

Our church accounting is much more efficient with Aplos. It is easy to set up and use. I'm able to keep track of multiple accounts with ease. Two of us use the software almost daily and have never had any issues or hiccups.

Avantages

I love that this software is cloud based. All entries are automatically saved and easy to correct or delete. Because it is "in the cloud" I can access from anywhere.

Inconvénients

Instead of using accounting terminology, they use simpler words or methods. It all makes sense, but I had to get used to words such as tags and purposes.

Réponse de Aplos Traduire en français

Thank you, April, for the review! We are happy to hear that you like our product and our tech support.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Efficient and Easy

Publié le 12/02/2019

Avantages

The software is easy to use and not too expensive. Minimal accounting or bookkeeping experience is needed.

Inconvénients

I saw the software worked great when our church was small. As it grew the amount of accounting required a program that could keep track of individual versus batch transactions.

William J.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Very Difficult and Complicated, With Poor Tech Support

Publié le 14/06/2020

Not good. I need help, and the support never provides help that works.

Avantages

Had potential for non-profits vs QuickBooks

Inconvénients

Bank integration does not work. I've used QuickBooks for non-profits, with integration that works fine. In Aplos, what shows up in Aplos doesn't match what the banks say. Tech support answers fairly quickly, however, they come up with all kinds of solutions that don't work. And different people will offer a different solution. None of them work. Then they drop it leaving me hanging. I may go back to QuickBooks which once you get a few words down (business terms vs non-profit) it is actually quite easy, and more dependable.

Réponse de Aplos Traduire en français

Hi William! Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had concerning bank integration. You also mentioned using QuickBooks instead, so if you don't mind I'll briefly speak to both. QuickBooks creates and maintains its own bank integration feature, whereas Aplos has a partnership with Plaid and Finicity, which are industry leaders in the space. Plaid and Finicity both connect with the financial institutions and pass the information back to Aplos. We have very little control over the information received. However, we do have a great relationship with both partners, and consistently work with them on improving the experience for our customers. As for using QuickBooks, this may be a better fit if you do not need Fund Accounting and donor management.
Our Customer Success Director, Alex Acree, will be reaching out personally to help troubleshoot the bank integration issues you're seeing. If you have any other questions or feedback please let us know.

Susan F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Great for our small Condo Association

Publié le 02/11/2018

They are incredibly responsive, and when we initially set up the Accounts, they spent the time with me to help set us up based on our needs.

Avantages

Bank Integration is a huge benefit. As the Treasurer of a small condominium association (volunteer job), I only need to spend a couple of hours a month on our financials. Running reports for our condo meetings and taxes is a breeze.

Inconvénients

Its not completely made for condo association accounting, but we've been able to retrofit our needs. Funds doesn't exactly translate to the accounts we track, as we really do have 3 separate bank accounts. This requires an extra step in our monthly recons, but its not awful.

Gurpreet S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Customer Serice) - Thank You!

Publié le 09/06/2020

Fantastic! Big shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who helped us with billing. His customer centric approach really reflected a genuine care and concern for us as a customer and ensures we will continue using Aplos. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Great stuff man.

Avantages

Features, usability. I am still learning but the software helps provide great clarity for the management of account of our church.

Inconvénients

Not too sure. Still learning how to use the software and maximise on its features. Will keep you informed if i have some ideas. Happy to share.

Réponse de Aplos Traduire en français

Thank you, Gurpreet, for the review! We are happy to hear that you like our product and customer service.

Michael M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Conseil en gestion
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

GREAT Software

Publié le 08/05/2020

The overall versatility of Aplos is outstanding. Tracking donors with a functional database is wonderful. The WePay integration is phenomenal. And, although I haven't used it yet, the event management aspect will save us time and money.

Avantages

That it was written specifically for nonprofit organizations.

Inconvénients

Knowledge base could be improved by including better word recognition.

Réponse de Aplos Traduire en français

Thank you, Michael, for your review. We are happy to see that you enjoy our software! We will definitely look into the knowledge base improvement.

Doug W.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Nice full-featured fund accounting software

Publié le 25/01/2019

Aplos support has been great to work with. We anticipate that we will be able to produce better management financial reports with this fund accounting software than we were able to do with our prior software firm.

Avantages

Aplos is a well thought out fund accounting package, great for churches and other not-for-profits. Support has been great as we started up using Aplos after our prior software firm abandoned their product. Good online resources to learn from, and also conducted a very thorough live, on-line training call with us.

Inconvénients

We'd like the ability to more tightly control access by user than the system is currently configured. For instance, we'd like to have some users able to print reports and make inquiries, but not enter or modify transactions.

Bart G.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Floats to the top

Publié le 18/01/2017

Aplos is doing the job for me. Some things are frustrating, but mostly, it's better than doing things by hand or by spreadsheet. Occasionally odd things happen. For instance, it's now January 17, and the home page is telling me that my YTD income is different from my monthly income. This can't be true in January. Similar things happen in some reports. The balance sheet will say that a fund has X dollars, but the report for that fund will say Y dollars. So there are some quirks to get around, but it's no worse than making a spreadsheet (or other software that knows nothing about fund accounting) behave. I like the reports Aplos generates. Especially at the end of the year, when everyone in our congregation wants a statement for their taxes. It's really just one button. If I were the boss of Aplos, the first thing I'd change is that I'd clean up the wasted screen real-estate. There's a button on the bottom right that has a bad habit of covering half the number I want to see, and pop-up "alerts" occasionally disrupt my work. And the box the pop-ups come from is also wasted screen area. Actually, this box keeps telling me I'm 85% set up. It's wrong. I'm as set up as I want to be. I can't see how to make the box go away, except to buy more product which I don't need. This amounts to a pop-up ad, and not the good kind. So this isn't a glowing review. But software nowadays is written so poorly, that bare competence floats to the top. Aplos is better than anything else I've used, but that's not saying a lot. If they raise the price again, I'm going back to spreadsheets.

Avantages

Fairly clean interface. Most reports are close to what I want.

Inconvénients

It's still buggy. Amounts that should match, don't always. The cost has tripled in the last 3 years.

Réponse de Aplos Software Traduire en français

Hi Bart,

If the numbers are off by a few dollars, this may be due to rounding. If you¿d like, our Support Team would be happy to look into this to give you a more specific answer. Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team at support@aplos.com.

For the Setup alert:
You can click on the Go To Setup button and choose some of the options like, I don¿t want to set Starting Balances. Or, there are feature options that you can say ¿no¿ to, like Contributions. This should help clear that alert.

Also, sorry that the bottom right icon is a bit pesky. We want you to be able to contact our Support Team if you ever have questions, so that¿s why it¿s there, but we realize that it can sometimes get in the way. That¿s a suggestion that we¿re happy to pass along to our development team.

The Aplos Team

Terry W.

• Support client

Amazing Fund Accounting software for small to medium non-profits!

Publié le 07/03/2015

If you are busy with the stuff that your non-profit is about, and accounting for the organisation is a necessary dragon, then Aplos will be your knight in shining armor to slay it!

Having implemented a number of other products for small organisations in the past (Quickbooks, Xero, Sage, MS Dynamics GP) I have to give the award for easiest, quickest & most readily accepted to Aplos. If you want to account for your Funds discretely (separate pots of income) then Aplos just works!

Took about an hour to sign up and set up a sandbox (using the trial license) to represent the way my small organisation works - I uncovered a couple of desirable features for product development (see later) but within another 30 minutes I had reports and analysis that would do the job for us so much better than my grumpy accountant! - I showed the software to a user who, after a 5 minute demo, needed no more explanation and was able to enter transactions with multiple expense lines each separately analysed by fund.

The user interface is clearly the 'killer' feature - it is so intuitive that I wonder why others didn't think of it (why didn't I think of it?). The transaction input process for most accounting products is the 'ugly baby' of the product - in Aplos it's the wonder child!

Some caveats to bring this back to earth...

a) The product is currently for the North American market - needs additional features to make it more readily accepted in UK/Europe:
1. Needs a parameterised currency symbol (we don't do dollars!) - but the easy export of reports allows replacement of currency symbol in Excel.
2. Online donations (a great feature!) require a US Bank Account
3. Needs Paypal integration
4. UK giving sites like justgiving.com are very common - integration needed

b) Many grant funders want a full budget before grant - we then need to account against the budget elements (e.g. £500 for travel + £5000 for salary). Aplos currently doesn't budget by Fund element (just at Fund level) but the Income Report provides a full breakdown by expense for each Fund (so allowing manual comparison).

The free support provided by Aplos is responsive and helpful and I am assured that most of these features are on future development plans.

I'm just going to go ahead and sign up for the paid version - I need this software so that I can get on with the purpose of our Charity!!

Terry Wilcox
Project Director
In2Out

www.in2out.org.uk

Patty B.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Aplos far out performs its competition

Publié le 04/04/2018

Overall, this is the best software for the money and I highly recommend it both for the product and the customer service.

Avantages

The set up and functionality of the software is wonderfully easy. I've been using it for a little over a year and the security of having it all online and not having to worry about backups or workstation failures is great. Report flexibility is fantastic. I can create any report for any time period with ease. The customer service people are generally very helpful and on the rare occasion that a question doesn't get answered, the second attempt is always successful. But, it's rare to have to call back.

Inconvénients

The only problem is that the donor statements are not posted from any screen other than the contributions screen. You cannot effect the donor statement from A/R, A/P or AJE's. You must then prepare a deposit and mark it to NOT post to the system. While this is a small inconvenience, it is not highlighted in the tutorials and takes a couple head scratching hours to figure out when first using the software. Once understood, it's a simple workaround.

Roslyn C.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Great Software for Non-profits

Publié le 01/07/2019

Aplos has THE BEST Customer Service team you could ask for! No matter what the issue or who answers the phone, I am always treated professionally and courteously. For example, I recently called because our church was changing our fiscal year from the calendar year to a July-June year. In a matter of minutes, I was on my way with my questions answered! At times when what I wanted wasn't available in the software, I have always been told that my request would be sent to the IT team for review and consideration. I like the fact that Aplos LISTENS to its customers and responds! The webinars and support areas offered are always helpful as well. Lastly, I personally enjoy the humor of the Aplos team; and the occasional contests/prizes are fun, too!

Avantages

The software is basically user-friendly.

Inconvénients

Some areas (like events) don't allow me all the options I wish were available.