6 305 avis
Canva

Canva

Outil de design graphique pour les supports web et imprimés

4,7 /5 (6305 avis)
6 305 avis
Katherine K.
Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction
Traduire en français

Would You Recommend? Too Late, Already Have.

Publié le 18/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I make graphics for our companies and occasionally clients, in a whole variety of capacities. I have used Canva to create newsletter graphics, social media posts for Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest, Tumblr, Instagram, and Reddit, brochures for products or services, infographics for conferences, and more.

Avantages

I have been using Canva since I began teaching myself to make graphics over two years ago. It has served me well in both simple projects (like graphics for social media) or full-on gif animations. They continually add new features and content and are always revamping the suggestions for "fresh" ideas. It's also super easy to share your project to other people or places, and you have quite a few download options for your files. And it is SUPER easy to use, the user interface is very intuitive and if you have questions their docs are great!

Inconvénients

I have very few complaints, and the ones I have are pretty niche issues. Systematically I don't see issues at all! But sometimes it can be hard to format a picture correctly due to their "snapping" feature that snaps whatever element you're using to the nearest part of the picture the program "thinks" you want to use. For example, if you try and move a circle to a centimeter away from the middle of the graphic you're creating, it will automatically center itself and won't let you un-center it without an enormous amount of fuss. But this is minor and doesn't really happen often for me!

Kacie H.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Traduire en français

Ideal for sharp-looking visuals, no graphic design experience necessary!

Publié le 28/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It began saving me 2-5 hours weekly when creating social media graphics, and I since expanded to using it for everything from party invites to professional looking PowerPoint decks. The options are endless and with so many pre-drafted templates, it's worth investing in the professional account in order to take advantage of this platform's full capabilities.

Avantages

The free option is outstanding, but the affordable paid option even better. I use this software daily. Templates allow for easy customisation of font, colors and photos. You can even upload your band kit fonts, color codes etc. The new "remove background" feature has eliminated my need to use photoshop for most projects.

The newest feature allowing graphics of one size to be resized is a game changer for social media managers. The photo library is large and easy to search. And the platform saves all of your designs for ease of retrieval, and easy duplication means that you can create one template and reuse it for multiple projects. You can even add stickers and create moving gifs now! Oh, and you can even order affordable printed copies of your designs - from holiday cards to posters, I no longer have to export and send to a vendor... Canva made it easy.

Inconvénients

I cant say there is anything I don't like about the desktop version. I look forward to the continued improvements and additions. The mobile version, however, is a little less sophisticated and difficult to manage, just due to the small screen size and need of precision when dragging and dropping items with your finger.

Stephen P.

Canva is Great for Social Media

Publié le 31/05/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

Avantages

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

Inconvénients

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Carolyn B.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail

Easiest Design Program EVERRRR

Publié le 18/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The user-friendly interface, hundreds (if not thousands) of templates, and ability to create designs with a mobile app have me sold on this software. The "business" or "pro" version of Canva comes at a minimal cost of ~$13 per month if you want all the bells and whistles. Otherwise, one could easily use the free version with no issues or limitations, other than not having as much access to the library of free images and graphics.

Avantages

Canva is easy to learn so you can start creating designs almost right away. There is also a huge library of images and graphics to choose from so you don't have to constantly upload your own images and graphics just to make simple designs. I also LOVE all the pre-made, FREE templates they have available to their users.

Inconvénients

There are certain design functions and features that Canva has not yet implemented. For example, it would be really nice if there was a text-bending feature, to curve text around graphics, images, or other text. It would also be nice to have layers. Nothing extensive, but for example, I'd love to make a rose-gold text from a font "layer" and a rose gold "layer" by merging the two and "cutting out" my text to create a rose-gold font.

Thomas F.
Secteur d'activité: Immobilier
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 001+ employés
Traduire en français

Simple and Sleek design with decent functionality

Publié le 09/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall Canva is a great program whether using the free templates and graphics or unlocking their super high quality paid templates and graphics. Either way you won't be disappointed. I've been using Canva for a while and they keep getting better. It's real helped me on my Facebook post to educate my customers and make high quality infographics.

Avantages

This tool is great for quickly creating infographics for real estate educational pieces that you can post on your social media platforms. Canva has templates for all types of postings that are fairly easy to customize. If you know the look and feel of the design you're going for then just flip through their large selection of templates, select the one you want, and make the adjustments you desire. It's that easy. The functionality is limited but powerful enough for almost any task. One positive to the limited functionality is that you don't get overwhelmed with all the options like some other programs which leaves you getting stuck in an endless loop of trying to find the "best" font or the best transitions. It's a simple, clean, inexpensive tool. Also, the export and import features are great. You can import your own photos, logos, etc. and the export function let's you export your creation to a bunch of different formats for whatever platform you want to share on. It's a great program with a large volume of quality stock images, graphics, fonts and templates to tackle any presentation. It works seamlessly with our real estate posts.

Inconvénients

One downside to the software is the difficulty of changing the location of certain items in the layout. It can be cumbersome when compared to some of the other programs out there to relocate items within the presentation. The only other downside is that a lot of the graphics and templates are not free so you options are limited with the free version.

Christopher M.
Traduire en français

Canva Definitely Understands Its Users!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 26/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My overall experience with Canva is a 9/10. Whenever I need a quick design made or even some design inspiration, Canva is a great resource to turn to. The design assets that they provide are up-to-date and have provided my team with a quick way to create templates for the current project and future ones. In total, Canva has saved my team thousands of hours over the 2 years that we have used the software.

Avantages

Canva makes good design available to just about anyone with a desktop or mobile device. They provide plenty of templates for a wide range of different formats including digital and print. These templates are constantly updated and in-touch with modern design trends. In the editor, the software provides automatic guidelines that help the user understand symmetry, composition, and ratios. For users looking for pre-made graphics or stock photos, Canva also provides a huge selection of assets that can be dragged and dropped into any design.

Inconvénients

Some features commonly used by illustrators such as a "Selector Tool" or basic masking tools are not available.

Avendanogonzalezs L.
Secteur d'activité: Formation professionnelle et coaching
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Hooped on Canva: The best desition for NonCreative Professionals

Publié le 16/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Once you get in ¨the Flow¨you will be able to create any Ad or other product that you can create with Canva in a very short period of time. Of course, it will be a nice way to start from scratch and learning each day a new way to add a visual value that can lead you to attract new customers.

Avantages

As a professional, I have no chance as a Designer. Definitely I am not what a can recall ¨an artist¨, but, since I started to use CANVA, I have a revolutionary change in the way I create my ads for my job. Once I got the patience and the creativity starts to flow, I became an exceptional artist (jocking....of course, it is in my standards). Canva is the best software to create your own Ads and it is a very user-friendly solution. I love it. Now I am testing the Canva Pro, so maybe I will be creating a better than ever Ads for my customers, empowering my job in a very complex world right now. Do not waste more time, and hooped on Canva.

Inconvénients

The problem is not the software, the issue is the user. If you plan to make any Ad and create a very empowering idea to attract new customers, you must take your time and of course, use all the potential of Canva. It is a very cool software, so you have to spend some time learning what you can create. Be smart, spend time and make some ads. It is the only way to learn and maximize your potential.

Francisco C.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
Traduire en français

Save money on photoshop or high end software if you need to design for social networks

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 09/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Its been great, I tried the paying plan but didnt actually got to use it at full.
Im sticking with the free plan since I use it only for quick youtube thumbnails or facebook posts that dont require more than JPG format and a couple of PDF files.
If you plan to use it like that you can try the 30 days pro plan and see if it fits your needs. For me the free is way more than expected

Avantages

The ease of use in Canva is as simple as a drag and drop.
You can choose from a lot of objects like images, text, shapes and now even video and gifs to create an engaging post for social media.
Since you have all the sizes available from start you choose your end use, pick the size and from there you just let your imagination do the rest.

Inconvénients

For the free plan you get a LOT of benefits, but the problem is if you need to purchase or get a few extra things like premium images or shapes or export in specific ways like transparent PNG.
The payment plan is kinda cheap and you unlock good things but the problem is the micro transactions of stock imagery which you have to purchase item by item and those arent cheap.
I recommend to get the free plan and an external stock if you need the basic process.
If you want to replace photoshop all together you have to go pro (of course you wont be able to do the same) but at least you get more export methods and lots of stock included.

Jeheen mahmood Z.
Secteur d'activité: Externalisation/délocalisation
Traduire en français

This is, hands down, the best graphics design tool for non-designers

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 30/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I mostly use Canva to create social media images. This might sound rather simple. But with Canva's preset sizes, I don't have to worry about resizing, cropping, dragging anymore. That easily saves me 10 minutes per image I create - Canva is saving me hours regularly.

Avantages

I am not a designer. Last I draw or make something was 12 years ago. But with Canva, I can make a presentable graphics in 10-15 minutes. With my skill level (I used to use MS Word Clip Art tool and Paint), I should not be able to do anything at all.

True I havent been able to draw a masterpiece, but Canva is not for that sort of work, at least not that I know of. But if you are looking for a social media post, image for your blog post, poster, cover image, Canva can handle all of those. Sure, you still need to hire a designer if you are going to do stunning artworks. But the day to day grind to produce several images everyday, either professional or personal needs, Canva is there for you. You can even create memes with it!

Another nice surprise is, you dont need a paid plan to use Canva. Only the premium features and elements are paid. And to be honest, most users dont even need them. Even I haven't used the premium feature for myself. The free plan is more than enough, better than any other free tool in the market and a few premiums too.

Inconvénients

There is absolutely nothing I want to change. This is simple, intuitive, free or very, very cheap. What more can I ask for??

There is some grumblings among pro-designers who use Canva about some high-level features being absent, certain export formats not there or background remoal option not available. But this is not Photoshop and we should not treat it like that. Also, last I heard, Canva is working very hard to add more functions to their toolbox.

Yaroslav K.
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur

Photoshop killer. Fullstop.

Publié le 08/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

Canva is amazing. I love the approach with design. And I check what is new there almost daily. Also, when it comes for the quick design - Canva is just amazing.

Avantages

Canva is everything you (nondesigner like me could have dreamed of). Canva offers tools and features to create a stunning piece of art (poster, post, book cover etc.) in seconds without any knowledge of design.
You just pick a template, fill in your details and that is all!!!

Inconvénients

Not enough templates for all. Canva is great, but since it appeared, so many things have been created without any thought for the style, that all the templates have been used thousands of times over and over again. So it is quite hard to be unique with canva. Furthermore, the editing tools are not that flexible and might be a bit limited at times, and because of that, I can say canva solves everything. I personally still stick to PS for most of my work, but if there is a need for quick design work - canva is my choice.

Mark W.
Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 001+ employés

Canva is the PERFECT Social Media Tool

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 05/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Canva is great. There are paid options which may help certain users get further use out of the software. But again, if you know how to use some other software to combine with Canva, you'll get the best overall experience. But even if you only know how to use Canva and nothing else, you'll likely be very impressed with the kinds of graphics you can create completely free of charge. Any social media user that is not an expert in graphic design, should be using Canva to make their social media pop.

Avantages

I love Canva due to the amount of things you can do with it completely free. It really is a great tool to make social media graphics really shine. It definitely is worth having some basic skills with other software such as Photoshop, which will make your Canva experience that much better.

Canva really is just for templates and it's best you use your own photos to upload. So if you can edit photos how you like, but can't create templates from scratch, marrying your very basic photo editing skills, with the ease of use of Canva is just a perfect combination.

Inconvénients

Sometimes, editing the templates can be a bit clunky and frustrating. The tools that they have in place to edit are pretty good and I honestly don't know what can be done to fix it. But making small tweaks to the templates could sometimes be a pain. Sometimes I like the style of a template, but want to make a small adjustment to it, and it creates a bigger headache than I'd like it to. For example, in certain templates if you want to add more words than in their example text, it could create some funky layout issues. I wish Canva would do a better job in adding more "flexibility" to their templates.

Suzana P.
Secteur d'activité: Produits alimentaires
Traduire en français

I use Canva for EVERYTHING! Free options are endless!

Publié le 13/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Canva has honestly been a lifesaver for my job. I do not have a degree in Advertising or Marketing, but Canva makes all of my work look so clean and professional. They have really put out high quality work and it makes my life easier. I am always the one my co workers come to for any sort of small print project, because Canva has helped me deliver FAST and EASY quality projects. I would say it is ultra user friendly. Whatever you're using now, or if you're looking to use a software, stop right now and just sign up for Canva. I am not kidding you, it will make your life a lot easier. You can literally just use one of their templates if you are not the creative type, or start from scratch on any project. This is a HUGE tool for your personal business or Small Business.

Avantages

I had to take a moment to write a review about Canva Software. I seriously cannot get enough of Canva. I have used Canva for over 2 years and all the options are amazing. I work as a Marketing director for both a catering and event planning company. I create menus, ads, social media posts all through Canva. We are a Small Business and don't have a fancy team creating out content, just me! I've been able to provide consistent quality work that looks professional. I customize each material from beginning to end starting with sizing, font, how much an item is turned, transparency, color, gifs or moving media, to the final print or saving product. You have options to save as PDF, JPG, PNG, Video and more. When you want to add a picture or design, you just search keywords and thousands of neat designs pop up. Not every picture or design is free though. However, THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT FREE TEMPLATES TO USE! Free options are really endless and I appreciate that. If there is something that does have a watermark, the price to pay isn't that bad either, so it is worth it! I've created simple signs for our restaurants or beautiful eye catching ads for our Social Media platforms. The best part is, I can log into any computer, anywhere, sign in, and all of my creations are saved there. Every new change made to your design is saved automatically every so often, so you don't run the risk of losing changes if you log out. They also have printing options, so that's nice

Inconvénients

Canva recently started to have moving images as an option. I would say their moving gifs are limited though. I would love see more of those on there. They are eye catching and will help a lot of creative groups, like myself, to put out more awesome content!

I have not tried to have something printed by Canva, but they do have the option of having your creation printed. I will be trying some of their prints soon for a personal project. (I'm getting married, so I will be creating my own wedding invitations and save the dates through Canva)

Ian M.
Secteur d'activité: Internet
Traduire en français

Just the right balance of power and control and ease

Publié le 28/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I really enjoy being able to create marketing assets quickly and Canva has nailed the feeling of "play" with their library of assets. I've mostly used Canva to produce banners (digital, not physical) for ad campaigns and t-shirts. In writing this review I just learned they have menus as a template type and videos so I'm likely to try working with those asset types soon.

Avantages

A lot of products in the "design for non-designers" category have the problem of not allowing enough flexibility. They pin the user in with too few choices and restrictions so that every design (logo, banner, etc.) that you make ends up feeling too similar and not inspired, not YOUR creation. Canva is exceptional in that it makes it easy and fun to try LOTS of different designs, providing you with just the right assets to try a lot of different designs. It's still easy enough that you don't feel like you have to struggle or read a lot of how-to guides to get started but it's flexible enough that when you've created something, it feels like it's really yours (and not just a couple template options that you picked from). It's very handy for creating assets like logos, banners, t-shirts, etc. when you need something quick and when you don't have a professional designer resource. Great for home businesses working on marketing assets or startups where a CEO or product or marketing person needs to jump in and produce a few assets for a campaign, merchandise, etc.

Inconvénients

This is more of a limitation than a negative comment about the product: Canva has a LOT of template types, including videos and menus (for restaurants) but they do NOT (as of Mar 28, 2020) appear to have a few key types like screenshots (i.e. for app stores) and their videos don't allow you to superimpose a graphic or video within the scene. I bring these two cases up because it's a very common need for a small business that produces apps to create promotional screenshots (the type where the screenshot is surrounded by marketing text) and promotional videos demoing their app content. For cases like this you'll have to look at https://biteable.com/ (for promo videos) and https://theapplaunchpad.com/ (for screenshot generators).

Jonathan L.

User Since They Were Young

Publié le 26/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

When I was a fledgling independent designer, I needed a design solution that gave me much of the power of Adobe Illustrator, but without the cost. I also wanted something that didn't require me to install software on my machine – aka cloud-based. After seeing a post from Guy Kawasaki, who was evangelizing for the company, I decided to try Canva out. Over the years, the company has added loads of useful features that helped me decide to start all my designers off with Canva rather than app software. Also, having teams and a brand kit available are a boon for creating designs for our own in-house work.

Avantages

I started my marketing business with the idea that I'd grow it with remote staff. I realized that meant I'd need to find a design solution that gave me the power of Illustrator without the cost and the necessity if installing software. Enter Canva, the cloud-based designer's Swiss army knife. With Canva, I can be in Buenos Aires, add a member to my team in Los Angeles, and get them straight to work...regardless of whether they're subscribed to Adobe's suite. Furthermore, the Canva interface has gotten much more robust over the years: smart guides, excellent export options, direct access to stock images – so the need for us to turn to Adobe is less and less.

Inconvénients

Generally, the Canva team has really built an excellent product, so there's not much I can complain about. However, there is one small, nuanced thing I'd really like. With security and privacy becoming so important now, I would love to have two-factor authentication through an authenticator app. Canva does have 2FA through a text message, but my team travels a lot and our phones have been lost or stolen often. But we all have 1Password on our computers to generate security codes, which would have saved time, so adding an authenticator option for 2FA would be incredibly useful.

Katalyn K.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
Traduire en français

Leads pack in free graphic design software

Publié le 14/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

There is nothing else like Canva out there--something free that has as many features. As an employee at a nonprofit and a freelancer, paid products are just not always an option or not a priority. Overall, the UI is great, there are so many free fonts/pictures/designs/etc, and it is a powerhouse for graphic design--especially if you need something easy and quick to use. The paid options are worth it if you do feel like investing a bit, you will get more functionality and design options for a very reasonable price. I recommend this product all the time to folks, even those with no design experience or know how. It's just so easy to use and amazing that all of it is free and has no ads.

Avantages

There are SO many great features in Canva that I don't know where to start. It is really easy to use, even if you have no graphic design experience or knowledge, and the number of features that are available rival a lot of more expensive paid products. Very user friendly and easy to figure out even as a first time user--a lot of it is just drag and drop or drag around with your mouse. Tons of templates so not only do you know your FB header or IG post is the right size--there's also free designs you can build off of. You can share items with the rest of your team and copy designs. There's truly a lot to like about Canva.

Inconvénients

I have very little in the way of things to dislike. There are quite a few elements (pictures, fonts, gifs, etc) and features (resizing your design without having to recreate it) that are only available as a paid subscriber and Canva doesn't allow you to filter them out, though I can't say I blame them. Sometimes formatting can get wacky when downloading items. It can't do everything that Photoshop or InDesign can do--it's not a replacement for that. There are some other very minor quirks (like if you paste in text, it will remove the paragraph breaks or bullet points) but there's not much to dislike.

Sue B.
Secteur d'activité: Relations publiques et communications
Traduire en français

Anyone who spends any time running a business should know about Canva

Publié le 09/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My overall experience with Canva has been fantastic. I didn't rate their support simply because I think in my years of using Canva I have literally had only positive experiences and I don't think I have ever had to contact support. I plan on continuing to use the Canva Pro and I recommend it to anyone who needs some graphics or designs for their business.

Avantages

First, I totallly love Canva! I was an early adopte of Canva back when it was still in Beta and you needed an invite to get an account. So I have been using it for several years now. It is my go-to place to create graphics for social media profiles and posts, blog posts, posters, Facebook ads, website graphics, logos... you name it! Barely a day goes by that I don't use Canva.

What I like most about it is how easy it is to create professional looking graphics, without knowing how to use a complicated program like Photoshop. Depending on your background, the learning curve to use it is minimal. If you can drag and drop and click you can use Canva.

Inconvénients

There are very things I don't like about Canva. You can do a lot with just the free version and that is what I used for a couple years. Eventually I upgraded to the pro version because it had features that allowed me to do things I needed to be able to do. For example, with the free version you can't create png files with transparent backgrounds. So that limits what you can do, especially if you want to create logos. But this isn't really something I dislike about the software, just a reason why I upgraded to the paid version. They have to make their money somehow, so I think it's a fair trade to pay for the upgrade which has so many awesome features!

Thomas C.

Great Service, Completely Free

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 02/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My overall experience with Canva has been a really positive one. Like I said, as a supplement for photo editing software, it does everything you'd want it to do. Generally, when I need to create a social post for an upcoming holiday, I'll head over to Canva, type the name of the holiday into the search bar, and select the design that I like the best. That's it. Occasionally, I'll have to do some minimal tinkering with the design to get it just right, but for the most part, it's pretty much grab-and-go. Since the barrier-to-entry is so low with Canva, there's really no reason not to use it, particularly if you're looking to add more graphical elements to your marketing, and don't have an in-house graphic designer, or you want to save yourself some time when it comes to creating social graphics.

Avantages

One of the best things about this service is that it's completely free. If you need a post for a social media channel, or a banner for a blog post, you can hop into Canva, type what you're looking for in the side, and it'll spit out a myriad of options for you to choose from. I find that generally, these options (prefab from Canva, or possibly designs that other users have created and allowed for re-use) generally hit the nail on the head for what I'm trying to accomplish. Most of the time, I use Canva to create social posts for upcoming holidays. It's a huge time saver to be able to head to their service and type 'St. Paddy's Day' into the search field, rather than gather up stock photos of shamrocks to assemble myself in photo editing software. The service has templates for virtually any use case online, and even allows you to customize text placement or images in a fairly simplistic editor (completely with snap-to and grids, so you can always make sure that your elements are lined up properly). If you're in need of a service that will let you design virtual postcards, or square images for social posts, etc. I highly recommend checking out Canva. There's a pro version of Canva you can subscribe to, but I gave this a 5 start rating for value because I've been using the free version and feel it does everything I need it to do. I don't have much experience with support, but the ticket submission system seems entirely serviceable.

Inconvénients

There's honestly not much to say that I don't like about the software. It does virtually everything I'd need it to do as a replacement for designing from the ground up using photo editing software. If I were to change one thing, I find that when you're looking for a design, Canva will often spit out a lot of e-vites or holiday card style designs. Usually, I can re-purpose these designs to meet my needs, though, so it's not a deal-breaker by any means. There are also a ton of design templates that you can select on the home page, so you should be able to circumvent this by selecting one of those first.

Shala B.
Secteur d'activité: Bureau exécutif
Traduire en français

Canva is one of my favorite design tools

Publié le 11/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We use Canva for all our design needs. Social media marketing, magazine ads, flyers, brochures, email blasts, etc... We can do it all in Canva. I love that our brand colors are saved and there are so many beautiful templates to choose from so all we have to do is change to our brand colors and change the wording and we are set. Canva has given me the freedom to play around with design and create some beautiful works of art! Love all of the graphics, fonts, images, etc... So many good things to say about it. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Avantages

I love the ease of use with Canva. Anyone with basic computer skills can look like a professional graphic designer. Also, most everything we do in Canva is completely free. I am the marketing director for a non-profit so we have zero budget to spend on marketing. Since I am able to use Canva for free all the time, whenever there is something special that I need to do and I want to purchase a premium image, my boss is totally ok with that. Especially because I can show him what the finished product will look like before we spend the money!

Inconvénients

I do wish there were a way to search free graphics and images by title. Currently you can search by subject but free is mixed with premium. Sometimes I have to search for a long time to find the free images I need. I understand why they designed it this way. Obviously if we want to keep Canva supported and growing, we need plenty of people purchasing premium images. My organization doesn't often have the budget for the premium images so I'm grateful that other people do because I want Canva to stay around for a very long time. I honestly don't know what I'd do with out.

Utilisateur vérifié
Secteur d'activité: Études de marché

Wonderful design resource, must-have

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 22/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Canva makes it so easy to create fast and easy designs, from social media graphics to email, and even web in a pinch. We can store brand colors and assets which makes generating large quantities of designs for multiple channels easy and fast.

I find this so much faster and more intuitive than tools like Photoshop and the workflows, templates, and re-size options, as well as the ability to save brand colors and custom uploads make Canva easier to work with for us than Picmonkey which was actually a great resource for many years.

Overall, I would say that Canva is an essential part of our workflow. It saves a ton of time and allows us to look very professional even with limited design skills.

1. Templates
2. Ability to store brand colors
3. Love the built-in icon and asset library, this is wonderful
4. Re-size option for quick design variations across multiple channels

Inconvénients

A few very specific things -

1. The process for exporting an item as a PNG is un-intuitive
2. Upload folders are clunky and difficult to manage
3. There is currently no way I'm aware of to organize the designs you create, for example, by organizing them into folders. Finding and editing previous designs can become unruly

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Dysiree R.
Secteur d'activité: Immobilier

CANVA the Holy Grail

Publié le 16/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I really had a great experience using this software and I think I will continue to use it until somethingbetter than canva comes up. But for now, Canva for me is more than enough.

Avantages

I have been using this software for our email campaigns, my personal resume, flyers, training materials, business cards and even logo... I would say that CANVA for me is just the cream of the crop among other softwares that provide same service.

-- The software is very easy to use, and when I say easy I meant very easy. It is perfect for beginners or even for people who are not that artistic but would like to have their campaign materials, resumes , business cards or other document to be professional looking.

-- The free trial of the software is enough, but for higher quality and more premium tools, the price is reasonable considering your end product.

-- They have everything readily available for you , from templates to sizes of docs. and everything else, and if you wanted to make it more personalized you can do it to some extent is still free of charge.

-- The output can be downloaded in different formats and in different quality depending on your taste.

-- It saves everything from where you left off.

-- You can access it on your phone, tablet and computer which is very convenient.

It is just so perfect for me.

Inconvénients

-- First, the customer service is good however, they can only be contacted through twitter and facebook and I think it is more convenient to have a customer service support through phone.

-- There is no option to add video clips. It would really be a plus to have this option.

-- Limited free options, specially with the image quality.

-- If you are working with a team member, there is no way for you to collaborate on same account. Unless you email each other or talk in person. It would be great to be able to leave a note, or a simple chat box for communication purpose between team members.

Emeka O.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
Traduire en français

Easy to use graphics design software

Publié le 28/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use Canva to design graphics for my business. It is very easy to use, and I didn't have to invest time to start learning stuffs like Photoshop. Using Canva I only need to drag and drop, and edit the elements I want to use.

Avantages

I've been using Canva for some years, and it has been amazing. There are reasons for which I love Canva, and they are as explained below:

1. Ease of Use: I was looking for an easy to use drag and drop graphics design software. Of all the options I saw, Canva was the best for me.

2. Easy learning curve: I didn't have the time, and technical willpower to learn graphics design softwares like Photoshop. I was looking for a software I can start using immediately, and Canva filled in the gap. One can start using Canva immediately by just dragging and dropping some design elements.

3. Availability of templates: Canva has pre made templates that can just be edited to suit one's desire. This was a plus for me, as I never had to start learning how to design those stuffs from scratch.

4. Cloud storage: I love it that I can design a work on my phone or PC and be able to access it from anywhere. My works are stored online on Canva's server.

5. Free elements and templates: I love it that Canva has some free elements and templates I can start working with immediately without having to spend some money.

6: Can synch with multiple devices: I love it that I can start a work using my PC, and then finish it with my mobile phone when I'm away from the PC.

Inconvénients

The only problem I have with Canva is the cost of some elements and templates.

Since I'm operating on a lean budget, I needed to work with free softwares. Some elements, and the very beautiful ones, on Canva are premium elements. One will have to buy them to be able to export works done with them.

For someone that have the budget, this is not an issue as Canva is an amazing software.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Noura A.
Secteur d'activité: Internet
Traduire en français

Canva is the perfect design solution for small businesses

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 09/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I really enjoy Canva and so do my clients. I use it daily for my graphics.

Avantages

If you're just starting out and can't afford to hire a designer and don't have the time for more complex design software, Canva is an excellent solution.
It's easy to use and has a wide range of templates.
I have designed my own graphic templates on Canva and used them as lead magnets to grow my email list.
I really enjoy the paid version and the features. They make managing multiple clients really easy. I have folders, fonts, and logos stored neatly in it so it makes the design process quicker. Another reason why I enjoy the paid version is because it allows you to access more stock pictures and elements.
I do use Photoshop to design some of my graphics, but I find myself using Canva a lot more frequently just because it's so easy.

Inconvénients

A lot of my clients complain about having to scroll through mixed content on the free version. It would be nice if they could just filter by free content and paid content.
Because I share templates with my email list it would also be nice to allow them to copy my design without giving them editing permissions. I find myself going in daily to fix my designs because there's always someone who ignores the first document page with instructions on copying the graphic before editing.

Jessica B.
Secteur d'activité: Génie civil

Cost-effective graphic tool for Marketeers

Publié le 06/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am extremely satisfied with Canva and my overall experience. I've been using canva for over 5 years now, designing social media posts and banners, posters and other marketing collateral. At the beginning of your paid for service, Canva ask for your brand colours and company logos allowing you to make branded designs very quickly and effortlessly.

For those in my team who do not have adequate training or experience on Adobe Indesign for example, Canva has given them enough agency to help advance their design skills overall.

It's been a great design tool and instructions are very clear for new users. It is without a doubt, one of my most valuable and most exploited marketing tool that I use.

Avantages

I really enjoy how intuitive this software is. Essentially, it utilised a drag-and-drop format and provides easy access to photographs, vectors, graphics, and fonts. Some of these you may need to purchase, however the cost is similar to what you would pay on Shutterstock. I recommend Canva to my colleagues across Northern Europe as a way to create smart and attractive social media designs on a weekly,if not daily, basis.

Another favourite feature of mine is that it allows you to create a wide range of graphics that are especially configured for social media, brochures, infographics, email heads, invitations etc...Canva are also continually updating their templates meaning if you do find making a design daunting, you never have to start from scratch again!

A new feature they have added which I like is that you can now download your designs into gifs, videos or animations. They have several options you can choose from, and all work exceptionally well!

Inconvénients

Very occasionally, the saved output can vary from what I've done in the design- so double check it - which is always recommended anyway! More and more elements seem to have a cost; there definitely used to be many more free images and graphics to use before.

Angela M.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Traduire en français

Canva is a flexible tool for independent consultants

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 31/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Canva is a great resource for making visuals like advertisements and invitations. It is use to use and flexible. Using the templates and included images will make some nice products, but with its popularity growing, be prepared to add some of your own images and designs to personalize your projects. Or you can work completely from scratch. It beats Word or PPT because it presets the dimensions for the output which makes it so much easier post production.

Avantages

Canva is easy to use, with a drag and drop feature design template, sample templates. Canva has many size templates for most if not all the social media platforms and different uses, such as Facebook posts and banners. You can easily upload your own graphics and images, crop and size within Canva, and download completed projects.
The browser version can be accessed from anywhere so I can work from any computer. There is also a mobile app that works well.

Inconvénients

The free version shows all of the paid content so you have to scroll through all the premium fonts and images to find the one you want. It would be nice if you could hide the paid content.
In the mobile app, upload images only pulls from my gallery. I have to download images form dropbox or OneDrive to my gallery in order to load them into Canva. There should be a way to import form anywhere on your mobile device.
Cropping on the mobile app takes some getting used to. you pinch the image to fit the box, not reduce the box like on the browser version.

Daniel P.
Secteur d'activité: Design
Traduire en français

Canva - an irreplaceable tool for designers and marketers

Publié le 11/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall I have used Canva for a few years and I am satisfied with it. You can use it for a large array of design projects. It works the best for creating images to delight people on social media or on personal blog.
The free version comes with limited functionality, but it’s enough for basic needs. A medium to advanced designer should upgrade to the premium version - it’s a bargain by taking into account the value you get.

Avantages

I started using Canva because I dislike creating social media assets by using Photoshop. It took me too much time to create an image for my Pinterest account so I switched to Canva. I saved plenty of time by using Canva - everything is more simpler. Hence, use Canva to save your time.
Disclaimer: I don’t say that Photoshop is bad, but it’s too complex and expensive for my needs.
Second, Canva is intuitive and super user-friendly. I hardly believe that someone may get stuck with Canva’s interface. Create an account, check the suggestions tips and in a few minutes you finish the first design work.
Are you lacking inspiration and you stare at a blank canvas for a half an hour? Canva’s library is full of quality templates, so you don’t have to start from scratch. Sadly, but fully understandably, you have to upgrade your account for more templates.

Inconvénients

Canva is an awesome tool, but don’t expect to entirely replace Adobe Photoshop. Some users expect from Canva to replace Photohsop, but it’s quite difficult if not impossible. Canva’s aim is to create simple to medium projects. Complex pieces of design are the appanage of Photoshop.
The template library is made up from many good-looking templates, but the team behind Canva should do more in this respect. You risk of having a similar piece of design to many others because armies of users use the same template.