Swiftype makes our search easy
We power our search across many platforms using direct queries to swiftype. Keeping search traffic off our servers reduces our API load, speeds our response times, and gives us flexibility.
well thought out restful API and they did CORS headers right
recent emphasis on scraping sites doesn't apply for large customers
Great alternative for Google Custom Search
We used Google Custom Search and were really disappointed when Google dropped paid support. We changed to Swiftype and are very happy. It has given us the similar functionality with improved UI. The UI for optimizing the search is really easy to use yet powerful.
Unlike Google, Swiftype does not have indexes ready to go. As a result, when you add a new site to the search set, it takes some time to index the site. Its understandable but using Google was really simple.
We wish we had not subscribed to Swiftype.
Our overall experience with Swiftype was really negative. A big waste of our time and money.
After waiting for them to follow up on our last conference call, we switched to Google Custom Search Engine. It turned out to be far less expensive than we thought.
Swiftype is a bad investment if you have lots of files to be indexed but far fewer monthly searches.
Google Custom Search now works well for us -- at a tiny fraction of Swiftype's annual cost.
1. It was fairly easy to set up.
2. It seemed to provide more accurate search results over time.
3. Customer service concerning technical questions was good.
1. Reports provided are too limited in time span covered to be helpful.
2. Company said number of documents we wanted indexed exceeded our quota and would result in higher cost at next renewal. This conflicted with our own records, so we repeatedly asked for a list of the pages being indexed. We got lots of emails and telephone conferences and promises, but we never got the list.
3. Swiftype seemed to have something to hide. We would talk with them about above indexing issue, and they said they would get back to us soon. But they didn't. They seemed to forget about us. I guess they were hoping we would just go away.
4. The last month or more, most of our searches were spam bot searches for non-existent domain names. This made our reports really worthless. (We have not had this problem anywhere else on our sites.)
A good search engine option for your website.
Easy to setup, user-friendly and powerful app, also you can manage multiple websites with. Good support, integration and a flexible management dashboard to tweak all in one place.
It lacks some styling options. The prices between the 3 price plans are a bit exaggerated, so you need to choose wisely and analyze the needs for the mid-long term.
Amazing site search tool
Avoid this product
Find some other product
easy to set up and configure .
Unfortunately, and this is VERY SERIOUS, we have noticed that the search results returned by Switftype are incorrect. Some of the results that it SHOULD BE including for a given user keyword request are NOT included and some of the results that it IS including DO NOT match the keyword request.
We have worked with their technical support to no avail.
Unless you test your search results carefully, you wont notice this very serious flaw in the product.
Given that creating the correct set of search results is the basic function of this kind of product, this flaw means that Swiftype is unusable.
We are now in the process of converting to another product.
Great search engine offering
It does what it needs to do, in that it provides predictable search results with the ability to tweak the search result rankings.
The pricing structure isn't suitable for young companies that have a lot of records and need data to be reindexed often.
We've used Swiftype on a trial basis to augment our site search functionality.
Increased conversions, reduced bounce rate, and significantly more control over our search results.
It's very well designed and laid out and offers a large assortment of tools to enhance the user site search experience and allow admins to fine-tune search results, with the ultimate effect of increasing conversions and reducing bounce rate.
There's little to complain about apart from the added cost, which is well worth the investment provided the software is leveraged to its optimal potential.