Avis sur Member Solutions

Member Solutions

Martial arts & fitness membership management software

4/5 (60 avis)

WORST COMPANY EVER!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 11.08.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The experience with Member Solutions has been a colossal waste of time, money (we lost about $30,000 because of them), and energy. The customer service is horrendous. There is a disconnect between their two companies and whenever there was an issue each would blame the other. I could give countless examples of their incompetence. (PLEASE SEE CONS SECTION).

Avantages

None, stay away from this company.

Inconvénients

-Terrible communication and customer-service. Tyler is on top of that list. He is rude and condescending and never tried to actually help. He would give us the run-around and sometimes outright refuse to help.
-They charge your customers late fees on paying their bill but THEY KEEP THE MONEY FOR YOUR SERVICE.
-They will not waive late fees unless manually told for each person.
-When we would ask them to refund ridiculous late fees that WE DON'T CHARGE AND THEY KEEP, they would tell us they can refund the late fee but then WE WOULD BE CHARGED that fee.
-Faulty software which made no logical sense and looks like it's from about 1998.
-They don't contact people who are late on paying with their "full service billing." We have lost roughly $30,000 of uncollected dues because they just didn't contact people.
-They wouldn't properly freeze or cancel accounts.
-They would consistently double charge members.
-They would consistently NOT CHARGE MEMBERS. Months of payments would just be skipped for no apparent reason.

0.0/10

Member Solutions will free you up to do what you love to do - teaching martial arts.

Publié le 04.06.2015
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Member Solutions has serviced my business, The Baltimore Martial Arts Academy, since its inception in 1996. Over the years, I have been approached by other billing companies such as EFT, Martial Soft, Mind Body, Kicksight. and others. All of these other companies claimed they could save me money and offer better service for my business. This could not be further from the truth and was obvious to me even after a few minutes on the phone with them.
If you are just starting your business, I can promise you that you will have delinquent customers from time to time. If you are already in business, you would agree with me that a 10% delinquency rate is typical. Dealing with delinquencies is not fun and not something you want to spend your time doing. Let the professionals at Member Solutions handle this for you and pay the extra money ¿ it¿s worth every cent.
I once received a phone call directly from Joe Galea, an executive officer of Member Solutions and at the time an owner. He called to simply touch base and ask me what I thought about the service that I had been receiving from Member Solutions. We talked for almost 45 minutes and afterwards I felt like I made a friend. Once even Joe¿s mom called me for the same reason! This warmed my heart and made me feel truly valued not only as a customer but as a person, you can¿t put a price on that. My wife and I also met Joe in person at a Member Solutions event in Philadelphia. I can tell you that he is a genuine and a sincere person and he really does care about his clients.
Annette Benning, one of the client specialists at Member Solutions, is my constant life-saver. She calls me at least once every month just to ask me if there is anything that I need to discuss concerning my account. Whenever I have a question or an issue I call Annette directly and she is always available. In fact, Annette usually preemptively calls me before I even know I have an issue! You can ask my wife, Annette has saved my butt many times. She is awesome!
If you¿re considering handling billing on your own ¿ don¿t. If you considering another billing service ¿ don't. Member Solutions will free you up to do what you want to do and what you love to do, teaching and sharing martial arts with your students.

Support client

Super easy to use, and when it's not, just call someone! Everyone is great help!

Publié le 27.11.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I don't have to chase people who are problematic. If i have questions someone always answers. I never have to wait long to talk to someone. Everything that i implement in the software happens fast.

Avantages

I like the ease of access. Everything is super straight forward, logical and makes sense. I really like the layout and how everything is set up for data entry. I also like it allows the option for statement billing. It's really flexible with the options it allows the client to enter. Everything is easy to see and easy to find.

Inconvénients

The only issue I've ever had was just where do I find this and I just call and talk to someone and they help me right away. If I were to improve anything, and this is just minor, but the font size is small on the navigation and me, and a few of our other instructors, all wear glasses and find it difficult to read at times.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I'm using all of their services to help grow my business

Publié le 16.09.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I’m Derrek Hofrichter. I’m the owner of East Valley Krav Maga. I opened my school up in 2011. I spent the first year or so handling billing internally. I thought I was saving money. It turns out I was wasting a lot of time and not actually saving money.

And so I found Member Solutions, and I’ve been a client of theirs since then. They’ve helped me out in so many different ways. I really appreciate their professionalism and their customer service, and I trust them to have the interaction with my members and to take care of them.

Since using them for a while for the billing, I’ve now started to use myVolo front-desk software. That’s been a huge relief to have the front-desk software tied into the billing as well. It saves us so much hassle. And the duplication that we were doing before has now all been eliminated. It’s so much more efficient.

And most recently I’ve started using the Event Manager software as well. I like how simple it is, and it’s enabled me to actually run more seminars just because it’s easy to use, and it takes care of a lot of the work that I was trying to piece together with other systems before.

Thank you Member Solutions. I’m very happy to be a client and appreciate you helping me grow my business.

downward spiral experience

Publié le 15.09.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Stay away, not as advertised. It's going to be a money pit for your business

Avantages

In 2011 this was a Canadian run business and everything worked. The attractive calendar system and staff payroll system works.

Inconvénients

Over the past two years especially since September 2016 the reporting on the software has not been working. Importantly the physical reports which are important for any business owner to understand their actualized income as well as their deferred revenue. None of these reports work, and the support staff keeps apologizing but they do not have a timeline or solution to make it work. Plus items which clients are pre-purchased for disappear, or not remove from their inventory, which is a financial havoc in a poor customer service solution. My business has to give thousands of dollars and I am not exaggerating, in compensation to clients for sessions which have disappeared from the my Volo member Solutions. Stay away from the software's absolute garbage.

Support client

I could not run my business without Membership Manager from Member Solutions.

Publié le 18.05.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The software is easy to use. It does scheduling, emails, one-time payments, recurring payments and Member Solutions follows up with my delinquent account. I cannot say enough great things about this software and the company

Avantages

The software is easy to use. I am not very technical when it comes to computers and the software makes it easy for me to schedule and take one-time and recurring payments. The best part is that they call my delinquent customers for me! I have not made a delinquency call in 6 years as they do it for me. I am now thinking about getting a merchant account through Member Solutions as well to take one-time payments.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Wonderful, we haven't had any problems with the program or staff

Publié le 25.08.2017

Avantages

Searching and checking in for families is very easy. The staff is always a pleasure to speak with, very knowledgeable and patient when it comes to explaining things and answering questions for training and every day needs.

Inconvénients

We would love to have all of the information listed on one page instead of clicking into different categories. Financial reports should include ALL payments for the month, instead of not including future payments, and not including accounts that have gone from active to paid.

Support client

Overall, MSI programming is good. I have tried using other services and I am still very happy.

Publié le 11.12.2017

Avantages

MSI is extremely user friendly with logical programming and top-notch customer service. The administrative reports are also easy to navigate and full of essential details. I particularly like the new collection service (first data credit) that has been integrated a few years back.

Inconvénients

There is no independent frozen list in the report section, so it is extremely hard to accurately calculate monthly revenue totals.

Support client

Member Solutions is an excellent platform that's easy for our staff to learn and our members to use!

Publié le 19.07.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Simple reliable month billing. Good support, and a pleasant experience for our members.

Avantages

I appreciate how easy it is to see the information I need access to the most. The search functions are intuitive and easy to learn, and entering new contracts is straightforward and easy to confirm.

Inconvénients

I have not been able to get much functionality out of the majority of the more complex financial reports.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I have been with Member Solutions for 15 years and my experience with them has been amazing.

Publié le 03.05.2018

Avantages

I like the ease / user friendliness about the software. It is very easy to navigate around to check reports etc. Love the customer care reps that come with it as well. Everyone is very nice and super helpful at Member Solutions. Great team and software!! Member Solutions is always trying to improve and evolve with the times.

Inconvénients

I really like the software and have really nothing to criticize. But if I had to pick something then I would say that I would like the ability to freeze and unfreeze accounts, but calling in or writing a web note is not a problem so it is not of huge concern at al.

Support client

Terrible software riddled w/glitches, patch fixes cause new issues, loss of biz income, DO NOT BUY!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 02.05.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

None. I would never recommend this program to anyone, it's terrible and I'm not sure why it is still on the market.

Inconvénients

Everything is a con in this software. Don't make the same error I did buy this junk. Currently, I'm shopping to migrate everything to a new software program.There is nothing positive to say about this program. I've lost money, clients, valuable time, customer leads, income, the list goes on. Absolutely awful.

Great company...great improvements

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 25.08.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been a client for a long time and though the software has had its challenges, it has come a long way. I have never done business with an organization that cared so much about my needs as a business owner and those of my clients. Their staff worked hard over the past 3 years to really improve the software and it is so much easier to use now. I couldn't run my business without Member Solutions.

Avantages

I love that I can customize the software to work for my business. It is easy for me to do recurring payments. I use the full service billing functionality so I don't have to follow up with customer delinquencies. The staff at Member Solutions makes those calls for me so I can focus on my business.

Incredible Customer Support

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 28.11.2017

Avantages

The billing website is a bit cumbersome and out of date, but the customer service is absolutely incredible. Each time I speak with a representative, they are quick to help out and very knowledgeable. Their Premium Package is great. I don't have to chase down students for payment or declined credit cards. MSI takes care of all of the billing for me, so I can just focus on my school and my students.

Inconvénients

The user interface is a bit antiquated and doesn't work well on mobile devices. It would be nice to see a facelift.

Farley's Taekwondo Center Visalia, CA

Publié le 19.06.2013
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The software for my business works out great. I'm happy, my students are happy so what more could I ask for? The team that comes a long with it is exceptional at what they do.

If you still haven't made up your mind yet and need more convincing then give me a call. Farley's Tae Kwon Do Center 559-627-4339

Avantages

Member Solutions professional and friendly team is what lead to my decision of signing up. I did my research first. I reached out to others but what stood out the most was how fast Member Solutions responded to me. Not by email or by a packet in the mail but by a phone call where I was able to talk with someone and have all my questions answered for me right away.

Deborah Glassman, the account executor who got me started, made sure that my schools needs and my needs as an owner was understood and how being a member of Member Solutions was going to benefit my business the most. To this day she still contacts me frequently to make sure everything is going great.

Kristen Bell, software trainer, wonderful person to talk to and train with. Kristen made learning the software very easy without any confusion or complications. If and when I do have a question she answers right away without delay and is always fun to talk to.

Inconvénients

My only complaint, which is not with Member Solutions but for me, is why I didn't sign up when I first opened.

Support client

Used to use this program.

Publié le 09.12.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Wish our company was still using this as opposed to other software. The interface was simple and easy to use. Their biggest problem was they were always way behind the curve getting any new innovations up and running.

Avantages

Easy to use interface. Back end invoicing was easy to track and payments got to my account fast.

Inconvénients

Slow to adapt to new innovations. Not a lot of features.

6.0/10

Quarterly Review - Feb 2013

Publié le 05.02.2013
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'm still having difficulty navigating through the software at times trying to resolve problems that I most likely created learning the system. I'm happy with the system, but still learning my way in the process.

Avantages

Customer support (on-line chat but more specifically via telephone) has been outstanding.
The software system is certainly fully functional for maintaining staff schedules and processing account payments.

Inconvénients

The software seems designed more for the large, big box fitness clubs, which could make it difficult for small boutique type clubs where staff requirements are more personalized and facilities are more constrained. For someone like me that was not familiar with fitness club software, I found the business software concept difficult to grasp. Initial training was limited to several 30-min webinars where the client spent more time watching the instructor operate the software instead of gaining hands-on experience. There was a level of frustration on the part of the instructor because I had difficulty understand the overall concept of terms and processes. Introductory training was rudimentary at best and did not help much in terms of learning how the total system was designed to be used. Jeff D in customer support has taught me more in during telephone support calls and guided me through the system to correct a number of problems I had. Can't say enough about his terrific help!

Disappointed customer in Toronto

Publié le 06.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been a volo customer for 4 years. I decided to sign up with volo because it was a Canadian company that offered great prices and amazing customer service. They just increased their prices without letting customer know. Last month they charged my credit card without my approval. When I called in they said sorry we increased our prices and now we charge in USD not CAN anymore! I want my money back and I am looking for a new affordable software for my small business.

Great Software, Love the Integration with Member Solutions Full-Service Billing

Publié le 11.06.2015
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I¿ve been a client of Member Solutions for well over a decade. I trust them and consider them to be my business partner. So when they launched a software that integrates with their full-service billing (which I rely on to help run my business), I quickly jumped on board.

They¿ve done a phenomenal job marrying their full-service billing solution and my studio¿s own processing into one software. It¿s seamless and makes contract entry so simple. I don¿t have to look at two systems. Just one ¿ myVolo.

There¿s lots more to the software that I use every day to keep my business running smoothly. I have a merchant account through Member Solutions partner, Constellation Payments, to accept credit cards at the point of sale and through the online store that¿s part of the software. I also use the widgets the software provides for creating online class schedules and lead capture forms to embed on my website. The widgets are really easy to use.

One of my most favorite features, which makes attendance tracking so simple for us, is the ability to check students in on a tablet. Our assistant takes the tablet and does check-in for the entire class.

I highly recommend myVolo software to every Martial Arts school owner out there!

Support client

Like a breath of spring air.

Publié le 28.11.2017

Ease & Understanding

Avantages

The support from the MS team. Always helpful and willing to see the completion of the requested assistance.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

It's been a tremendous experience with this company!! They're anazing

Publié le 09.05.2018

Avantages

The customer service is outstanding!! All are the absolute best at what they do!! It's always a pleasure dealing with them and for all their help :))

Inconvénients

That we didn't switch back to them sooner!! We had used their software previously at another facility and loved it.

28 years in this industry and MSI is the best service I have ever used

Publié le 26.04.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I began teaching martial arts in 1988. Over the years I have used literally every single "ABC" organization for billing in this industry, and several outside the martial arts industry. Every single one left me with a bad taste in my mouth, but I assumed that there was no real option.

In 2009 I was reorganized my business. On the advice of a brilliant mind in this industry, Michael Parrella, I gave MSI a call. Honestly, I would not have done it if it wasn't for who was recommending them. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I have used them ever since that day.

To put this in perspective, as my business grew I began sighing between 60 and 75 contracts per month. I was a small, low tech school learning how to suddenly handle "success". MSI has always been there for me. And the service has been incredibly reliable. An easy to use web site and excellent support staff. Not just efficient but friendly.

And finally, when I had a medical emergency in my family, MSI was there for me. I don't think , wait let me say I KNOW, no company would have been there for me that way.

I can not adequately convey how happy I have been and strongly recommend MSI to anyone in our industry

FIXED MY PROBLEM!

Publié le 06.06.2014
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Mr Sherrick was exceptionally awesome in the way he handled me as a client. I was trying to leave Member Solutions for reasons regarding a mistake made by your team. Regarding a contract that was canceled and lots of money lost. I spoke with a few representatives from Member Solutions and none of them told me what I needed to hear as a customer. I was upset and wanted to cancel. Infact I had already made up my mind to leave. I am the kind of man, that when I make up my mind I proceed with my decision, although in this case I was persuaded to stay as a client thanks to Mr Sherrick. He upheld promises that were given to me over the course of time in being a client, he also fixed my problem with no argument or disagreement. His calm, cool collective attitude, brought my stress level down and made me happy to be a client . Needless to say he fixed a problem that in any business situation would be practically impossible to fix. He was smart, guided me to a great outcome, made me feel comfortable and treated me with respect. This man deserves to be in the position he is at and furthermore a model for what a representative of Member Solutions should be. I am very pleased with the customer service provided to me and YES I am still a member of your billing company thanks to him. For more details on how he dealt with me, I urge you to follow up with him, so other associate workers can see the strategies he used and learn from him. SO THANK YOU MR SHERRICK!

Support client

once I was used to the program it was great

Publié le 28.03.2018

Avantages

the task reminders help me schedule my days and follow up with clients as well as potential clients

Inconvénients

some things should auto link into accounts and onto the contracts to make it easier to see progress from prospect to member

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Decent but needs more options

Publié le 15.04.2018

Avantages

Ease of low maintenance with ppl being able to book and pay all at once. It is easy to log on most of the time

Inconvénients

You only have the option to cxl a class directly before the class or 24 hours prior. It is a HUGE disatifier

WORST SYSTEM EVER!!

Publié le 07.04.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This has got to be the WORST billing system our company has ever used. We switched to Member Solutions with high hopes but it turned out to be a huuuuge let down.

For one, their customer service sucks! We were promised one point of contact. Instead, they had us going from person to person before we could actually ask a question only to give us the runaround. We had a lot of unanswered emails and when they did reply, they took forever to get back to us.

As a billing service, also give it one-star. We had A LOT of people not billed on time, people getting overcharged, and even people who weren't getting charged so we had to settle payment issues with our members ourselves. We had a lot of unhappy members as a result.

Also, there's practically two services: Member Solutions and My Volo. They do not operate together so we had to constantly go back and forth. As a result, there were a lot of inconsistencies in billing, reports, payments etc. They're basically two different companies, each with the same horrible service.

Finally, we decided we would no longer do business with Members Solutions/My Volo and switched to a different company. It's so much easier has good customer service. However, even though we are through with Member Solutions/My Volo, they keep billing us! So they're still giving us trouble even after we got rid of them.

My advice, don't bother with Member Solutions/My Volo.