talech

Un logiciel de POS pour iPad : restaurants, commerces de détail et entreprises de services.

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

322 avis

Kari

Talech Pros and Cons

Publié le 01/11/2016

Talech has been a good transformation from old style cash registers for our business. I think it would do Talech good to look into what reastaurants actually need for the system to really be an asset to us. While I like Talech its ease of set up for my business was very complicated and Talech support nor boomtown could really help with what I needed. I was able to figure it out but it was a long process. I have been able to help another pizzeria more streamline there system do it works better for their needs. Both Talech support and boomtown are great, they are always trying to help and most times they can this was just a new area for them. I have never had anything but an exceptional experience from either customer support. I do love the fact that Talech does listen to customer feedback and is continually improving their product.

Avantages

It's easy to see my monthly/weekly/daily sales
The ability to print which catafories you want in the kitchen
It's ease of use and ability to train new employees on

Inconvénients

it doesn't have the functionality for a pizza reststaurant.
No delivery option
Don't have the ability to add store credit without doing a refund.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Kari - thank you so much for being a customer and writing a review with such detailed feedback. We love hearing from customers like you! I have shared your feedback with the team so we can continue to make improvements to help you and your business. Please keep it coming!

Barney
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Love talech as a possible option.

Publié le 01/11/2016

The only issue I have is this.
This passed sat night was our Halloween bash at my bar. At 215 am. Our pos system wouldn't allow us to run credit cards. I called talech customer support and got absolutely no answer. I actually was on hold twice for 20 min.
Finally I had to ask our customers to pull money from the atm.....reimburse them the fee from the atm, and let them pay in cash.

Also, if our Internet goes down we have no way to pull up tabs. It would be nice if there was some feature that holds the tabs in the pos system for that nights business just in case something happens.
I don't want to spend money on anether source of Internet because there was a hicup in the Internet providers service.
If it would store tabs for a couple days until they are settled and submitted it would be awesome.
I will say that normally the support is on point and fast. But when we needed it the most it wasn't there at all. A message on the support line saying you guys were having issues and would be repaired soon would have been nice.

Relatively easy to use.

Inconvénients

Could be more flexible and customer support status messages would be nice when something goes wrong on your end.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Barney, thank you for being a customer and for the review. We apologize about the recent outage on the processor side and the inconvenience it caused you, your employees, and your customers. I've shared your feedback with the product team and we will continue to work on offline mode improvements. Please keep the feedback coming - we really appreciate it!

Mary Ann
  • Secteur d'activité : Production alimentaire

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

I'm considering switching to a different POS system

Publié le 01/11/2016

At first, we all loved our new Talech POS. It is very easy to use and train new hires on. Then all these updates rolled in and some of the features didn't work for us. First, employees were able to print out their daily time sheet that included their sales for the day. This was not a good thing for our company, because we work as a team and we have people on the sales floor making the sales and then people processing orders at the end of the day. Of course, processors would seem like they made the most money that day. I have tried to get this changed, but was told it couldn't happen in the near future, but it was noted. Then, we experienced some glitches in the discount button. last week, we tried to apply a 10% discount, and it would register as giving a discount in the $1000's. This was really frustrating and I haven't had a chance yet to call tech support. Shortly there after on a busy Thursday, we were unable to process credit cards because that option was down in the system. Luckily, we had an analog credit card machine that we were able to use. I tried calling tech support for 4 hours, and couldn't get through. We had to wait to process orders until the next day when the system was up and running again. Another thing we have issues with is finding tickets to reference an open order. Apparently, it purges from the system after 3 months and we have to call tech support to retrieve it. There are a few other issues that I have that I am unable to articulate right now, but that is the bulk of my frustration with the program. Please take these responses into consideration. Having my concerns addressed and fixed would be amazing as I love this program and I want it to succeed so that my business can succeed as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Please contact me to discuss further.

Avantages

That it is cloud based and we use apple ipads

Inconvénients

It is glitchy at times, the time sheet with individual employee sales needs to go.
Purging 3 month old tickets and we can't find them unless we call tech support.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thanks for sharing the feedback and chatting with us about your experience. We are checking on some features and will get back to you soon.

Bruce

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Talech for a full service restaurant and bar

Publié le 01/11/2016

It is easy to set up your menu and make changes. It is fairly easy for my employees, mostly highschool students, to learn.

The system tends to slow down during busy times. It takes too long to switch from one screen to another. It also takes a long time to sync when you first log in.

The security is not very good. It is too easy for one employee to log in with someone else's id, making the security feature essentially worthless.
Each employee should have a card to swype in order to log in. That would be a huge improvement.

The reports are nice and easy to read.

All in all a pretty good system but it needs more built in security.

Avantages

easy to learn and to set up

Inconvénients

The security features are weak. Too easy for another employee to log in with another persons id. The system tends to bog down when it gets busy. It takes too long to synch when you log in.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thank you for your feedback, Bruce. I have shared your comments about security and system lag with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Eric

Better than the Big Boys

Publié le 01/11/2016

I own a coffee shop / cafe in New Mexico. Before this I have worked in all positions imaginable in many different types of restaurants. I have used most of the Big Name POS systems out there. As a manager I had to program them, change prices, add buttons and all that. Usually you have to do these things in the middle of a big rush on top of ten other things. I'll tell you what, Talech is by far the easiest I have ever encountered. I can add a button, scratch that, I can have an employee add a button with a few instructions over the phone! Also, by using ipads as terminals, my costs stay way low. a refurbished ipad is like $200. Compared to the other guys' pricey terminals, they are practically disposable. I bought a backup just in case! I love Talech and will tell it to anyone willing to listen. In this business, it is nice to find something that works!

Low initial cost. Intuitive setup. Rapid adjustability

Not compatible with Android OS

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

We're so happy to hear that you are happy customer after 2+ years, Eric! Thank you for being a loyal talech customer and for writing a review. If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here for you!

James
  • Secteur d'activité : Sports

Overall pretty decent

Publié le 01/11/2016

Talech does what we need it to do for the most part. Price-wise, nothing else even comes close, but it lacks some really basic features that can be extremely annoying - such as partial (percentage) refunds - for example, a restocking fee.

Also, there are some long-term SIMPLE glitches that have never been figured ou,t such as the tallying of employee hours. How is that still wrong? Isn't it as simple as (hourly wage x hours worked)?

Another thing- selling a "custom item" doesn't include cost, but the item doesn't just appear out of nowhere. We sell lots of custom items, and it's very difficult to find them at the end of the year and give them all a cost. Everything must be exported to excel and then filtered out.

Sometimes it seems like we are the only ones using Talech. Customer support really has been great. They are always easy to get a hold of, and are very friendly. However, they often seem stumped by these basic quandaries.

Avantages

Ease of use for admin and every day user.

Inconvénients

All listed on previous page.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Hi James, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review so we know what works and what could be better. We also appreciate you taking the time to speak with us via phone to share more detail. We love hearing from you - please continue to share.

Brian
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Talech Review

Publié le 01/11/2016

Overall, I think that my Talech experience is positive. Unfortunately, we have had some really bad issues recently and that has effectively lowered my overall ratings. There has been several processing outages in the past few months, more now than the past 12-18 months. We lost some sales recently because Elavon went down for several hours and we could not process credit card transactions which is the majority of our business. We have 2 stores operating Talech and there is no business connection between stores to transfer inventory, recognize sales transactions or perform returns across multiple stores. Elavon is not the best database for capturing customer sales transactions because you can't use the data for marketing or other purposes as far as I know. I feel that the upgrades are just dumped upon the users without a whole lot of information behind what is new or has changed. There is no step-by-step business process for each and every type of potential transaction, so training is on the job.

Inconvénients

Updates are a surprise and we are not well informed about the changes

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

We appreciate hearing from you, Brian. We are sorry to hear that you have not happy with the product recently. A member of our product team has reached out via email and phone to set up a time to chat and learn more about your business needs and how talech could work better for you. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to chat and help.

Chrsitopher
  • Secteur d'activité : Articles de sport

New Interface is Awesome

Publié le 01/11/2016

THee introduction of the new interface on the tablet has been fantastic. Talech's support has listened to the customer base and made remarkable changes to enhance the user experience.

the most notable change is the feature that allows you to type without having to idsable the scanner.

Keep up the good work.

Avantages

Ease of use even for the non computer or tablet savvy.

Inconvénients

The card reader has bugs and load times can be long. The fact the register screen defaults back to the log in screen can be unproductive in peak times.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thank you for your feedback and for writing a review, Christopher. I have shared your comments about challenges with the card reader and needing additional inventory stock take functionality with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Jeff

Gets better every month

Publié le 01/11/2016

Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive.

I run multi stores and the registers have been doable, but not impressive. There needs to be communication between each store on every customer added to the database. For example, if I add Joe's info in one store and he goes to another, he has to add his info in again. If there is a credit on his account, it is only use able at one store.
I really appreciate being able to check all my numbers from home and upload new product, but without the ipad, I am unable to see how the menu actually looks in the store. It would be nice to be able to pull up the menu and adjust it on the computer instead of having to do it at each store (I don't have an ipad at home to pull up the stores).
Talent does a great job at customer service and continually updating their product. I am satisfied with this product and am confident it will continue to improve.

Continually getting better

Inconvénients

Multi store use and options

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thank you for being a customer and sharing your feedback, Jeff. I have shared your feedback regarding multi-store functionality. If there is anything else that we can do to help your business, please let us know. We're here to help!

Christina

Talech User

Publié le 01/11/2016

We have been a Talech user for nearly two years. Talech support is very efficient and helpful and always gets our problems fixed quickly. We have to "pair" our card reader to the POS terminal every morning and sometimes during our business hours, and that is a bit frustrating. Overall, the system works well. I would like to see more detailed statistics, but there is helpful information that is easily accessed. Our local Talech representative is extremely helpful and always--without exception--is there for us seven days a week. That is one of the biggest benefits. The system is not cheap, but we always get help when we need it.

Avantages

It is pretty much user friendly

Inconvénients

More details in the statistics would be extremely helpful--such as receipts by the minute when the sales actually happen instead of lumped together in an hour time slot

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thank you for being a loyal customer and your review, Christina! We're glad that you have been pleased with the customer support and product. I've passed your feedback about the card reader and more detailed reporting to our product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Richard
  • Secteur d'activité : Vins et spiritueux

Caret Cellars Uses talech

Publié le 15/11/2016

Overall a very good POS system with some excellent analytics built-in. A little heavily oriented to the food service industry which puts in some unnecessary steps for others, e.g., cash drawer management function. Wish analytics - as good as they are - were customizable. Like the new Dashboard feature, though.

Avantages

Rather straight forward. Takes little training to get someone ready to use it. But still has some sophisticated capabilities.

Inconvénients

Cost. Nice if it ran on other than iOS. Contributes to cost concerns. Heavy orientation toward food service industry. Wish features were a little more customizable to other industries. (We use it in a winery tasting room.)

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thanks for being a customer and writing a candid review, Richard! I've passed along your feedback to the product team so they know what would help talech work better for your business. Please continue to share with us! We love hearing from you and are here to help.

Gary
  • Secteur d'activité : Divertissement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés

It works well for us

Publié le 15/10/2019

We are, overall, very pleased with the Talech system. That's why we continue to use it.

Avantages

We replaced our old, out-dated cash registers with the Talech system and are now able to accept credit cards at every location without the need for seperate credit card machines. We like to ability to show or hide icons based on user need.

Inconvénients

Updates are sometimes required for the software to work, of which, we receive no notice. We also use the ELO stations and the I-pad loses connection with the blue tooth printer more frequently than should happen. It is usually an easy reset, but frustrating when you are busy and customers have to wait.

Lisa

Talech Review

Publié le 23/10/2019

We are a very small business, and the software is perfect for what we need. I like the reports feature, I can go back a year and compare numbers, I can email the reports to the accountant, I can keep track of each of our suppliers and how we are doing with each one.

Avantages

Customer support has been super, fas,t efficient. The software is easy to use and set up was great.

Inconvénients

In the beginning we had some super glitches that had even the tech experts stumped. It took a good while to get that all ironed out. Seems to be working fine now, only once in awhile do we find ourselves with a bit of a problem, but Customer Support is always just a phone call away.

mark

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Talech Stealing Money Because they Were not Processing Credit Cards Properly

Publié le 02/08/2022

Good until recently... Now critically terrible They were preauthorizing credit cards.... but when the tab was closed,,, their software could not do so because of card information corrupted (although the software states they are pre-authorized).
This resulted in over $500 in tabs that cant be closed... not even by Talech themselves... So, they blamed everyone, including my internet provider, the credit card bank etc. They are unable to resolve... In summary, there was $500+ dollars of free beer credit card customers drank at our expense!!! We had to switch (otherwise we would have continued to lose money) and Talech will not even refund our monthly charges to help offset their error. Not only is this bad service... but stealing!!!

Every Talech user must be aware of this and RUN!!!

Also associated with this was a company called AVANT GARD... if you are dealing with these people also be aware,,,

Avantages

The POS software works in most cases. The reporting is ok as well. Don't have experience with others besides square... but seems to work... However the majority of this software is to successfully collect money for exchange of products.... this is where it fails!!!!

Inconvénients

Customer service to resolve critical issues with mis-handling credit card information, not admitting a problem and even accusing everyone else for our loss of money.

Jason
  • Secteur d'activité : Articles de sport

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Very stressful.

Publié le 01/02/2020

The register fails regularly and randomly will not print receipts or open the cash drawer.

Avantages

I chose this software as it integrates sales and inventory tracking. When it works it is brilliant unfortunately it fails regularly.

Inconvénients

I have had this system operational for approximately one year, at this point we’ve got about 16 to 18 hours troubleshooting on the phone. Plus countless more hours of trying to figure out how to make it work on our own when it fails. It will suddenly not take a credit card payment, it has never done a return for us even while on the phone with support trying to make it happen, suddenly the cash drawer won’t open, or it won’t print receipts. We end up trying to reboot the machine turning things off turning things back on disconnecting reconnecting sometimes after two or three tries it works also there’s a couple of different methods that we have made notes on, we spend far too much time trying to keep this thing going.They have totally dropped the ball on me as a client. Their support technicians are excellent and are doing their very best but they don’t know have much to work with. I’ve had to send countless clients to the bank machine, or send them away with a promise to come back and pay another time, we are a small business and can’t afford to do this, some people just don’t get around to coming back. I’ve been trying for a full week to talk to an actual upper level representative of the company to try to figure out if we can solve this or I need to toss the whole system out and go with another company. They just can’t be bothered to make a real effort to get in touch with me. I provided them my direct phone number & have not received a call back.
Be wary!!

Josh

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great cloud based POS at a great price

Publié le 01/11/2016

For most small businesses that can't afford an expensive POS, Talech is a great option. Easy to use and easy to set up. Great tech support that is included in the price. The product team is always producing great updates with the feedback of their customers. If you are searching through the multitude of options for POS nowadays, give Talech a serious look, you will not be disappointed.

Avantages

Ease of use, consistent updates and improvements, great tech support

Inconvénients

Compatibility with hardware is limited. You only have a couple options for printers and card readers. However, the hardware you can use is high quality.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thanks for your review and feedback, Josh. I have let the product and operations team about your thoughts on hardware. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Audrey

Needs work

Publié le 01/11/2016

The system needs some work. The interface is easy to navigate if you have a basic knowledge of computers. However it frequently crashes because of the numerous updates it seems to require, getting someone on the phone with knowledgeable help is frustrating, and your limited to what you can do on the app as well as the card reader that will go with the tablet. I'd also like to be able to do more of the things I can do on the tablet in the online version.
I would recommend this system if your hard wired into your internet.

Ease of use.

Inconvénients

Limitations and constant upgrades that really don't seem to do anything. Also updates that change things without being made aware of first.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thank you for the review and honest feedback, Audrey. We are sorry to hear that you've been frustrated with the product and crashes. I've shared your feedback with the team. We'd love to chat with you more in detail if you are willing. Please let us know. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being a talech customer.

Nicholas
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

Excellent Software and Service

Publié le 01/11/2016

Switched from another system that gave us so many problems. What a difference! Talech is intuitive and easy to use. Every system has its technical issues. The technical issues we have experienced with Talech are minimal, and actually get fixed over time! Technical support is also second to none! I get a person on the phone within a reasonable amount of time, day or night; and they can actually adequately assess, explain or fix my issue. Extremely satisfied! I would definitely recommend, and have done so!!

Intuitive, easy to use
Minimal technical issues
Great technical support

Inconvénients

Latest update is good, but a little "clunky". Imagine things will get straightened out over time.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Nicholas, thank you so much for being a talech customer and for recommending us to others. We're so happy to hear you are pleased with our product and our customer service! Please continue to share any feedback with us...like with the new app. We appreciate hearing from you.

Randy

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Just missed the mark

Publié le 05/09/2019

Overall my experience is poor. I was sold on this program, that it would do everything I needed for my business. It did not live up to its end.

Avantages

Once you have figured out how to use the software it is fairly easy to use and you can customize it to your specific needs

Inconvénients

Where to begin. The software is horrible. Every time there is an upgrade something goes wrong. Be it a printer malfunctioning or part of the program not working properly. I spend hours with customer service to get nowhere. They must constantly send out patches for the problems they create.

Brenda

American Pie Pizzeria

Publié le 01/11/2016

Overall the software is good. I wish you could get same info online as you get from actual IPads. My experience with customer service has not been stellar.

Avantages

Fairly easy to use. Information given on website is good but does not include everything.

Inconvénients

Cannot get same info at website as you can get from actual terminal.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thanks for the review and feedback, Brenda. I have passed along your feedback to the product team regarding information being available both on iPad and the web. Could you share more about what data or reporting you'd like to see on both? It would be great to know more.

Please continue to share what you love and what you'd like to see more of. We appreciate feedback! Thanks for being a talech customer!

Debbie
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

My Talech Review

Publié le 01/11/2016

I have been using Talech for just under 2 years now. Some of the things about it are great, and some are really bad. The reports do not give enough information for a retail business. I have been asking for almost 2 years to have an improvement made to the "notes" part of the reports and get no feedback or improvements. Generally the reporting needs the most improvement.

Easy to add products

Inconvénients

Reporting information - not enough information and hard to use

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thanks for writing a review and sharing, Debbie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Misty

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Okay, but has intermittant wierd things happen that Talech can't explain/fix.

Publié le 24/08/2019

Avantages

Fairly easy to use and make product changes.

Inconvénients

Getting Talech to fix things like problems with half cents on sales tax and half cents with discount. We had to change all of our prices that ended in .95 to .98 since discount half cents issue never has been addressed. Took them two plus years to fix the half cents sales tax issue. I reported BOTH of these issues within days of starting to use the registers/software.
The terminals are bluetoooth only; there needs to be an option for a terminal that is hardwired!!!!!

Ashley

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Getting better every day!

Publié le 01/11/2016

Talech is our store's first experience with any type of computerized POS system - and as an old fashioned, country feed store, it was a huge jump for us. We were able to set the entire system up on our own and tailor it to our needs. For a group that isn't technologically savvy we have been very impressed with Talech's ease of use! Their customer service team has always been there 100% to help us along the way, too. We have been using our POS system for just over a year now, and we feel like it's only getting better every day!

Easy to use and set up

Inconvénients

We have a lot of tax exempt customers and there isn't an easy way to search for them in the customer database

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thank you so much for being a talech customer and writing a review, Ashley! I let the product team know about your request about searchability. Please continue to share feedback and requests with us.

Tami

Talech is amazing!

Publié le 01/11/2016

I've always loved Talech and shared my experience for the system with other small businesses. It's ease of use makes it perfect for our small store. What brought me to Talech was the ability to manage inventory and now the new integrated 2.0 is exciting!

Inconvénients

I wish I could link my website for online sales.

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing us a review, Tami! We're so happy that you love and still love talech after 2+ years.

We can integrate talech with some ecommerce sites. We'd love to see if we can integrate talech with your site. I'll have someone reach out! Or feel free to reach out to us at your convenience.

Kathy

Confident with talech

Publié le 18/11/2016

Our overall experience with talech has been good. Some features like inventory or stock take don't work well for us but with the latest update the changes have been great and have given us even more capability at the table for our customers. They gave us a lot of changes that we asked for and even beyond. It making running our business a whole lot easier.

Relatively easy to use

Inconvénients

Need a fully functioning monthly inventory system that will make our account happy

Réponse de talech Traduire en français

Kathy, thanks for your feedback and writing a review. We're glad to hear that the latest update is working well for you. I will let the team know about your feedback on inventory management and stock take. It's great to hear your thoughts! Please continue to share.