187 avis

Pendo

Utilisation du produit et capture de données comportementales

4,5 /5 (187 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
187 avis
Massimo A.
Secteur d'activité: Internet
Traduire en français

Combines good product analytics with in-app guides and NPS tracking. And that's killer.

Publié le 05/01/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We now use it across several products in the MailUp Group (https://mailupgroup.com). For example, beyond using it for product analytics, we were able to stop using other applications for both in-app guides and NPS tracking, and we now use Pendo for that both in MailUp (https://www.mailup.com) and BEE Pro (https://beefree.io). It's certainly not inexpensive, but it gives the Product and Product Marketing teams tools that are crucial to their work. So, money well spent in my view.

Avantages

What's unique and really useful about Pendo is that it combines product analytics, in-app guides & Net Promoter Score tracking, all under one roof. This allows you to show custom messages just to certain audiences (e.g. I see that some customers did not yet try feature ABC, so I show them a Guide to trigger adoption), and see NPS scores for different segments of users (e.g. what's the NPS for customers that never use feature ABC? What's the score for those that use feature ABC all the time?). That provides incredible insights.

Inconvénients

First of all let me say that the company has come a long way. Pendo is growing a ton and it shows. They're constantly improving the platform, so we're confident that flaws will be corrected over time. That said, in our experience setting things up takes some time (and the concept of "Feature" is not immediately clear to newcomers: it actually means "UI element"), and until recently there were some annoying productivity issues (e.g. you could not quickly clone a segment, resulting in potentially lots of repeat tasks just to create two similar segment of users: now this has been resolved!). Improvements still need to be made for multi-language applications (e.g. different Guides for different users that speak different languages).

Danielle K.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité

Love having Pendo for analytics AND product feedback. Game changer

Publié le 13/11/2020

Avantages

I couldn't live without Pendo Feedback now that I've been using it. It makes collecting and organizing product feedback and feature requests so easy and I love how visible it is to the whole organization. I'm the only Product Manager at our company so having tools to help automate and organize product requests for all of our products is a life saver.

I also really appreciate how easy it was to setup usage analytics and how little engineering effort it took. Since it has been setup, I haven't needed engineering for anything related Pendo and can do everything on my own.

Inconvénients

No complaints or major issues with their analytics or feedback products.

Ike B.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information

Shop around

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 17/04/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've used Pendo a couple times over the period of roughly a year. Both of the time that we tried to deploy an NPS survey on our product we had some significant bugs. The first, we had a Opt Out list that some of our admins requested to be on (they didn't want to receive the survey). Pendo experienced a bug in which our survey in fact was seen by some of those accounts.

This most recent time I've run across some significant bugs and pretty fundamental considerations in UI. Take for instance that Pendo provides no help in the UI to help guide you in whether you are actually selecting the right account to pool into a segment to target or exclude. You have to pretty much get the account character for character exact to how Pendo has in the system. When I try to export the list of accounts from Pendo, modify the list to remove or add accounts and reimport, Pendo fails on any accounts that have a comma in the title (like Company, LLC or Org, Inc.).

Also our survey just decided to not appear out of the blue. Luckily I've jumped in to check our survey frequently and discovered this was the case.

I can't be confident that when I deploy something to our end users that Pendo will behave appropriately. Consider another solution with better history and size.

Avantages

The UI is modern and appealing

Inconvénients

The software is inconsistent, buggy and unpredictable.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 1.0/10

Chris W.

Great product

Publié le 09/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Very good. The team were highly attentive and supportive. Has been a really enjoyable project getting this set up and running with benefits almost immediately.

Avantages

It is a significant investment, but so many benefits, it is worth it. The software is very easy to integrate with (for standard web apps) to start getting analytics immediately but you do need a role that focuses on this as their day job to drive the most value from it. The guides are easy to set up and flexible too with lots of templates to help get you started quickly. Having worked in product management for over 25 years the discovery of Pendo was a godsend! Wish had discovered it years before.

Inconvénients

Works well for standard web apps. If your app doesn't change URL for each page you visit then there may be issues tracking at volume. Not insurmountable but needs more time, thought.

Deidre E.

Pendo Brings the Insights

Publié le 04/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Pendo has been fantastic for us. Within just a few months from implementation, we've been able to gather information on our users' behavior that we've never had before. Gaining this insight has opened our eyes to so many more questions and opportunities for our company to grow and thrive.

Avantages

This software is incredibly robust and easy to use. Usually you have to trade one for the other, but not with Pendo. I am able to easily get behavioral analytics as well as launch in-app guidance with the click of a button!

Inconvénients

We are a multi-app/single platform company, so some of the features that are geared towards single-app don't work out of the box for us. However, Pendo support and Pendo pro-services teams have been AMAZING and have found ways to accommodate my needs every time.

Alan S.

NPS, Guides, Feature Releases

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have enjoyed it a lot, very useful onboarding process by their CS team, the guides are intuitive to create, and we have seen a real improvement in adaption, lowering churn and increasing "no touch" sales

Avantages

My favorite things about Pendo is creating interactive guides to help people understand how to use our product. This onboarding helps drive a lot of "no touch" sales and the guides are intuitive to create. The NPS is also great to get a status quo on how our users are enjoying the product.

Inconvénients

I wish it was a bit easier to navigate the analytics of the guides. It is also tough to keep the guides active and working properly when you are releasing new features in your product, which skews the analytics if one guide step does not show and stops the guide.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Josh G.

Used at Multiple Companies / Highly Recommend

Publié le 06/05/2019

Avantages

Pendo is a great tool. It is easy to use and helps executives start tracking the right metrics (instead of guessing at what is important). It also scales your support organization with automated onboarding and educational opportunities for users.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the reports bug-out, but the support team is quick to respond.

Additionally, there is no way to communicate with users OUTSIDE your application ecosystem (i.e. email). If a user isn't engaged with your software, you have to go into a different system in order to get re-engagement.

Traduire en français

Good tracking, but you get what you set up

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 10/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

Outputs depend greatly on the familiarity of those setting up the page/feature tags and segments. It can be cleaned up later, but it's not a trivial effort to set up, and little happens automatically.

Avantages

Tracking snippet is fast to install. For a SaaS solution, it starts logging events right away, regardless of whether a page or feature is tagged. This helps later, new tags retroactively apply based on logs.

Inconvénients

Setup was very tedious, each page and feature needed to be tagged individually. Some features like app filters or groups didn't work for all of our solutions, leading to redundant naming conventions.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Elizabeth F.

Function + Form + Freedom to make it awesome

Publié le 16/11/2020

Avantages

Pendo is truly out-of-the-box fantastic and allows for product teams to communicate with users plus then analyze user behavior to drive decision-making and prioritization. It's great to announce and track feature adoption, allows for just about any customization, and its interface is easy to use even if someone doesn't have a lot of coding or website building experience. Their customer service is superior, and the company is very communicative and always has great new things for us as users.

Inconvénients

Sometimes Pendo can be tricky with older code bases or with iframes, and rarely the guide builder behaves erratically so it's hard to tell how much you've saved.

Useful Add-On For our Website

Publié le 30/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great product layer to help give you objective details about the end user usage of your product.

Avantages

We really love the usage data we get from Pendo. It helps to identify sore spots in our interface that may incite frustration from our clients, and is also equally useful in setting up reviews, announcements, and alerts.

Inconvénients

It is a large program that will take some tinkering to become anywhere useful let alone proficient, but with such a large platform that is to be expected.

Drew S.
Traduire en français

An incredibly valuable product with powerful applications

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, our experience with Pendo has been phenomenal. They've helped us increase product adoption through improved communication methods, manage and analyze NPS, and track user behavior with greater specificity than we could previously. It's a powerful, comprehensive tool.

Some specific features in Pendo can be somewhat complicated to learn but once you get the hang of them it's not bad. Sometimes Support doesn't have the answers immediately but they always work diligently to resolve any issues quickly. While much of the tool is intuitive to non-engineers, having a basic handle on CSS and JS is beneficial, as is knowing how to interact with the API.

Avantages

In terms of providing user behavior/engagement data—Pendo is unparalleled. We get so many insights into how our clients use our Product which can be applied during discovery and engineering and factor into our release strategy. It allows us to communicate with our clients in-app in strategic and sophisticated ways and with results far beyond what we get through email. Its NPS tool is worth the cost of the application alone.

Inconvénients

While a lot of stuff works intuitively out of the box, there's a slight learning curve with a number of Pendo features. There are many steps to building a guide, and the location of specific features/guide settings within the UI isn't always straightforward (some things a user might think fall under "guide activation", for example, are not set in the "guide activation" section).

Additionally, having a basic knowledge of CSS and JS is beneficial. If you don't have it, you may find you regularly have to engage with engineers at your company to tag features and pages correctly, especially if your app uses unique instances (or sites) per client. Ditto for testing guide activation off of features that don't employ the same CSS across all versions of your app.

If you want to track clicks to a button or link in a guide you've created, this is not tracked automatically— there's kind of a backwards way you have to tag it as a feature. Some data that is tracked (time stamps of when a feature is interacted with) can only be surfaced via the API.

Matt A.
Secteur d'activité: Immobilier commercial
Traduire en français

Still learning, but loving it

Publié le 19/11/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We jumped into investing the use of the Pendo platform believing it would help us better understand our customers and raise our engagement with them. We've been very please with the ability to do that as well as enhance the experience of our application to our customers and customize communications and interactions that have never been possible in our software.

Avantages

Even before the software, I've been very impressed by Pendo's customer support model. The proactive interaction we received in onboarding and ongoing support has been something I've consistently referred back to our own client services team as a model for how things are done. They have multiple team members accountable to different actions/experiences with us and they do it in a fluid fashion where it never feels like anyone drops the ball.

As for the software, I pull up our dashboard every morning and look at our customer interaction from the day before. Its very simple to follow individual customer behavior as well as overall trends. Per the recommendation of their onboarding team, I and 2 other team members sit down weekly for a Pendo meeting to talk about how we are using the data to further our company and what our next initiatives are

Pendo also integrates well with both Salesforce and Tableau, 2 other platforms we use extensively. Some of the visualizations that lack in the application, we can customize to our needs using Tableau

Inconvénients

There are some small quirks that we haven't worked our way around yet. We get a lot of community feedback from the Pendomonium Slack channel, but sometimes us and others in that community feel like we are trying to group solve problems rather than Pendo coming out with a simple solution.

Michael V.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
Traduire en français

Great analytics with in-app messaging to help increase the user experience.

Publié le 03/04/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Insights on our applications on where to invest resources.

Avantages

Retroactive analytics is big for me considering I struggle with tagging all products across the enterprise. This feature allows me to tag things on my schedule.

In most cases, coding is not required to tag my applications for Pendo to start tracking. I simply use their point and click tagging feature, and tagging can be done in no time. There are times that I need to add custom code due to the framework of my app, but Pendo's support does a great job helping me with that.

User Path Analysis gives me insight on where the enduser is going once they enter our application. This helps our Product team focus on enhancements and bugs where our endusers spend most of their time.

In-App messaging (Guides) allow me to communicate with my customers, informing them of upcoming code releases or where to find release notes.

By leveraging the Guides, I can target certain segmentations and push surveys, polls, or other important information to help provide two way communication with the enduser.

Inconvénients

Even though Pendo provides some great reports, I wish their were more ways to visualize the data that's collected. Cohorts and other analytic reporting is light in the app.

I would love to see the ability to give my customers access to Pendo and provision this access to view only their analytics and their guides. I hope to see this soon in the app.

Stephanie H.
Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Valuable Insights!

Publié le 04/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

From a product perspective, we have gained so much insight into our customers and how they are using our products. We can identify at-risk customers easily and work to get them back on track. Additionally, we recently purchased and implemented the new Feedback module which is going to allow us to centralize all enhancement requests and finally have a data informed product roadmap. We derive a ton of value with this product and it is truly changing the way we do business.

Avantages

We love all the data we have gained about our users and have a much stronger understanding of what they do within our applications. In addition, Pendo has made communication with our customers really easy, especially in times of crisis. I also feel as though we are arming our ENTIRE organization with information they need to do their job. All functions within our organization derive value from this platform and that isn't easy to achieve! Updates are also released regularly which tells me this is an organization that is dedicated to their customers.

Inconvénients

I think with such an amazing platform, it can sometimes feel overwhelming to get up to speed on all the things we could be doing with the software.

Chase G.
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
Traduire en français

Pendo guides are like having an expert train you through every step.

Publié le 23/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

A few years ago we identified a scaling challenge to onboard customers of all sizes and complexities at a faster rate and volume. Our customer’s expectations were that they should be able to self-service, to log in and figure out their set-up and get onboarded quickly and painlessly. This was at a time where a lot of our processes were manual and to that end, we required that the Implementation team provide the onboarding contact with a one-hour portal training.

To fix this, we created customized onboarding guides using Pendo and grew our self-service offerings in a way so that we did not lose the human connection that our customers value throughout onboarding and beyond.

Avantages

We rely heavily on Pendo's Guide feature. Our onboarding guides are a customized and prescriptive list of tasks that are necessary for a user to complete in order to begin using their Bandwidth account. Our customers love that these embedded guides prompt them through the actual processes they perform in the Bandwidth Dashboard. It’s like having an expert train you through every step.

Inconvénients

We wish that Pendo allowed for non-linear guides. It's often difficult to ensure that a user clicks the intended target element so that the guide progresses. I'd love to have the ability to account for a user's natural curiosity and allow them to explore more without losing their guide in the process.

Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

I've been looking for a real solution to my User Behavior Analytics Problem

Publié le 14/12/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My experience with Pendo over the past year has been excellent, from initial discussions, implementation and support, Pendo has been great. Big shout out to the team at Pendo all have been very supportive and patient.

Avantages

Pendo is built for product teams and provides a real solution to what I consider User Behavior Analytics, Qualitative + Quantitative Insights. The best part its super easy to get up and going, minimizes my development and implementation efforts. I have been able to train my Product Managers and UX Designers/Researchers in how to Tag, Generate Reports in less then 1 hour. Pendo makes Analytics easy + fun which is perfect in keeping my teams engaged and using analytics to measure success with each release. Also Pendo helps us now connect a complete user journey cross devices from desktop to mobile, it has helped us drive engagement into new areas of our applications through what they call Guides, and has allowed us to easily and quickly identify problem areas by looking into the analytics and using in-app surveys to collect additional in the momement feedback.

Inconvénients

I must say not much I do not like about the software. The pricing model which is based on monthly active users can get costly if you have millions of users, so it's not ideal for putting Pendo on your marketing or lead pages, its best used within your application after users sign in.

Jason P.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information

Invaluable Resource

Publié le 02/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Fantastic overall-- Product is a good example of useful out of the box, but rewards time and effort you spend fitting to your company's needs.

Avantages

It's incredible how useful and predictive usage metrics can be if you build your own benchmarks and follow carefully. Extremely useful for knowing which accounts/segments my team should prioritize.

I can spend 5 minutes in Pendo and see which of my large Customers are not adopting a Feature I know makes them sticky/happy. From there, it's just a matter of what form my outreach takes.

NPS is also slick, simple, intuitive, yet you can also customize and ensure a laser focus.

Guides are awesome. They do take time to learn and get efficient at, but you get out of it what you put into it. We're seeing very good usage and feedback is extremely positive.

I've met and worked with ~5 Pendo Team members and they've all been awesome! They're passionate about the Product-- when I ask a difficult or unusual question, you can tell they're curious and they care-- they don't try to give me a cookie-cutter answer-- they're thoughtful and they take the time to think it through.

Inconvénients

There is a bit of trial and error with filters. It's easy to think you've included/excluded a segment-- careful to double check and be extremely diligent.

Yasmin M.
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
Traduire en français

Excellent product, absolutely recommend it

Publié le 09/11/2020

Excellent product

Avantages

Track usage to know how clients are interacting with it.
Ability to communicate with clients via messaging, guide center, walkthroughs
Onboarding clients becomes easy with Pendo lightboxes
Support team very helpful, always willing to spend time to explain how to improve usage
Eliminates bothering internal developers
Customized dashboards are great

Inconvénients

New Guides list/display - hate it with a passion; preferred the older version
Guides list is clunky, would prefer option to have a folder-like structure to manage
Would like to see more widgets but they are open to adding them to roadmap

Traduire en français

Pendo does everything you could possibly want in User Engagement and Analytics! It is the best!

Publié le 03/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Fantastic sales cycle, great CSM team and communication. We were pretty much completely onboarded (self-onboarded) when we finally signed and were given an Onboarding coordinator. His sessions were useful and still added value even though we'd figured the majority of it out on our own during the sales trial period. We're full steam ahead and looking for more and more way Pendo can help us know what we didn't know.

Avantages

I love Pendo. I love it so much, I asked Capterra to add it to their software list just so I could review it (and no, I don't work there). We've used Pendo for the last 10 months and it couldn't be going better. We are a SaaS company and Pendo is giving our Product, Analytics, Customer Success and Onboarding Teams insights that were not previously possible. We leverage Pendo for user engagement, onboarding (tool tips, guides, popups etc.) and analytics. It is a smooth platform with great support and it works great. Couldn't recommend it more.

Inconvénients

It's not necessarily a knock on Pendo so much as it is a knock on the quality of the development of your own site that Pendo sits on top of. If you have some questionable code, you may have a tricky time getting the rules and feature tagging completed exactly as you'd like. It helps if you have a knowledge of HTML and CSS to get around any of these pitfalls, otherwise you'll have to work with your Dev teams to get your internal code issues sorted out so that Pendo can work properly.

Travis B.
Traduire en français

Increased insight into customer behabior, in-app tools to engaging with clients

Publié le 13/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Everything from the onboarding to deployment was very easy. The hardest part to learn was the feature tagging which takes more than just a little bit of programming knowledge depending on how "good" the code is in your software platform.

Avantages

Resource Center feature. We use it to provide easy access to documentation, help guides, customer feedback, webinars, announcements and any other related content. We also use the in-app NPS survey tool. The data on user behavior is extremely helpful, made even more powerfull with the user segmentation since we serve multiple markets with the same product.

Inconvénients

Because there is a lot of data it can be hard to know what you should be looking for to inform your software development decisions, but over time you will learn what is important and what is not for your specific platform.

Harry K.

Great Customer Intelligence Software

Publié le 06/04/2018

Avantages

The granularity of data that Pendo surfaces, and the actionability it presents to its users, is among the best I've seen in this space. It's only for lack of time that I haven't dug more into the features we have available to us. I particularly like the ability to great guided experiences that vary based on the segment the user is in. As a product manager, I often log in just to poke around the usage numbers to see if I am taken down any interesting usage paths that cause me to think more critically about why certain behaviors are being exhibited, and Pendo makes that data very accessible.

Inconvénients

I think Pendo's usability / user interface could use some work. It has a very hierarchical UI, and it's often easy to get confused about where you are within a particular workflow and how to navigate one layer back. The guided experience creation and testing is getting better, but still has a ways to go in terms of a clean user experience. Feature tagging and page creation often takes a long time to process, and it can stall out your workflow.

Kathleen M.
Traduire en français

Great potential as long as you know how to manage the data

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 14/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We do like Pendo and can see it has great potential, but I don’t think we are utilizing it to maximize that potential...yet. We are using it primarily to walk users through new tools and features, make announcements and gauge general user activity and engagement. This is great for improving user satisfaction at a base level and understanding how the user is using our product, but I think we’ve only scratched the surface. There are advanced segmentation tools used to determine how and when content is served, and reports can be grouped by these same segmentations. I’m excited to see how we can build on what we’ve created to really put those segmentations to use and learn even more about our users’ behavior.

Avantages

Pendo has allowed us to gain deeper insight into our users’ workflows within our applications without having to disrupt those workflows. Usage data is captured as users navigate the site/app/platform and that data is made available to our team to analyze in real-time. This has significantly improved how we interact with users and what content we serve them at every touchpoint.

Inconvénients

Creating the “guides” can be a cumbersome process. There are templates, but these are fairly basic and do not cover every use case. It would be amazing if there was an advanced/expanded library (even at cost) that would allow us to ramp up more quickly. We also felt the implementation team at Pendo could have been a little more hands-on. The weekly/biweekly check-in calls are nice, but we could have really used some deep-dive/consultative help when we were new to the platform and still trying to find our bearings.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Jennifer G.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
Traduire en français

Highly detailed usage information and excellent in-app guidance functionality

Publié le 19/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have truly enjoyed working with Pendo, not just the Platform, but the company. Excellent, friendly, approachable communications. Quarterly forums to share what is going on. There are so many resources to use. We have actually tried to model some of our onboarding behaviors after Pendo's onboarding process, it was that good. I have always had great experiences with asking questions of the support staff. No complaints at all.

Avantages

Pendo tracks all user events, even if you don't have them tagged. Competitors do not do this. The user interface is very easy to use and customize to meet the needs of different types of users. Very easy, even for non-programming staff to use. The in-app guides are extremely helpful for user guidance and support, company announcements. The NPS poll practically runs itself for us.

Inconvénients

Occasional difficulty tagging look-up or drop-down fields, but the support staff is excellent at helping work those things out.

Paul R.

Wonderful Value, Somewhat Tedious UX

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great product that has some room for UX improvement, but nonetheless delivers on its core value prop.

Avantages

We're able to get fantastic insights about who uses our product, why, and how. It allows us to make effective decisions on which features to dig deeper into, and which to scrap.

It also gives us an effective way to deliver in-app documentation and announcements to our customers, which we leverage to educate and empower users to take full advantage of our feature set.

Inconvénients

Some tedious UX decisions have been made. For example, if you want to change the segment of a Guide, you have to find it in the list of guides, enter a special editor that sometimes doesn't load, click into two different sections, and then you can make your change. We update our segments across our guide each release, and we release frequently, leading to lots of tedious clicking.

Bulk updating segments across several guides at once would be tremendous.

Setting up guides to work across multiple pages with distinct URLs is also quite painful, and could use something of an overhaul/UX redesign. We have a multitude of pages set up in our product to accommodate all the different places we'd like to place guides.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

T.m. H.
Secteur d'activité: Édition
Traduire en français

Pendo fits well even in a large organization

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall we are VERY satisfied with Pendo. Two items that we spent a lot of time developing on our own we're quickly and easily replaced by Pendo features - inline Help tooltips and custom tutorials. We spent so much time maintaining, testing, and updating these before Pendo! Also, Pendo's usage metrics are SO much easier to access and evaluate than other tools we use at Elsevier. And the ability to view this usage by different segments is a game changer!

Avantages

Before my organization purchased Pendo it was difficult if not impossible to get feedback from our users. After adoption, multiple business units are now using Pendo to survey users, advertise new features and much more. The best part is being able to share techniques across business units so users of our different products get a consistent experience.

Inconvénients

The ability to create reports on feature, page, or guide usage could be improved. We try to gather info from these elements but the only options seem to be screenshots or accessing the limited info available in CSV download.
Also, we have created several Guides that use custom javascript but there's no good documentation to help us get info on guide or step objects. We've figured most of it out on our own but it was difficult.