Filevine

Une solution cloud de gestion des cas juridiques destinée aux entreprises

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

186 avis

Joel L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great app but terrible customer service

Publié le 25/06/2020

Optimistic but very frustrated by terrible customer service and lack of implementation services.

Avantages

A ton of feature and you can make anything you want out of it. You have to invest a lot of time into building it out. But FileVine is very innovative.

Inconvénients

The customer service is some of the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. You are better off getting support from Google than from FileVine. I've been emailing them for seven months on one simple issue and six months on another and they won't even respond to my emails. You are on your own.

Réponse de Filevine Traduire en français

Hi Joel, we're sorry to hear that you weren't able to give us strong scores on service--our Director of Customer Success has reached out to you to discuss your support experience. We take your feedback very seriously and will do all we can to ensure any improvements which need to be made are appropriately addressed. That said, we are glad to see you are still enjoying the vision and functionality of Filevine and hope we can bring your service experience up to par with the rest of your experience.

Abigail C.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best thing to come out of 2020…

Publié le 14/09/2021

Overall, I could not be happier with our experience with Filevine. It has exceeded our expectations and truly helped our firm in the last nine months. We were worried about transitioning with our staff, but the process went very smoothly given that we were working remotely at the time. The customer support that we received during our onboarding and integration could not have been better.

Avantages

My most loved feature of Filevine is the flexibility to customize it to fit your firm’s needs. It was extremely important to us to pick a case management software that allowed us to customize features based on all Case types that we handle. Filevine was extremely easy to learn and use to fit our firms needs. Additionally, the report writing and Filevine can be used by almost anyone. It is very easy to pull the information that you need in a very short amount of time.

Inconvénients

There are a couple of newer features in Filevine that could improve. For example, the calendar section in Filevine is something that we currently do not use because of confusion on its integration with outlook. Additionally, I wish that Enterprise automation was a little easier to use.

SmartAdvocate et Clio

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

Needles was unable to be customized to fit or growing firms needs. We were not able to create the custom fields that we needed to report on our caseloads. Additionally it was not cloud-based which was some thing that we truly needed given the era that we are in.

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

Filevine seemed to be the most advanced case management system at the time that we were shopping. The vendors were able to answer all of my questions about products, integration, adaptability, and daily use. The customer support was top-notch, and our demo was outstanding. As someone who was very hands-on in managing our last case management software, it was critical for me to get the straightforward answers I needed as we were shopping for a new case management software. Filevine was able to offer me the flexibility and customization that I needed as well as being easy to use for our staff.
Richard W.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Run - Do Not Walk - From Filevine

Publié le 09/04/2020

Using Filevine was a waste of a year that I wish I could have back. A complete disaster. Make sure you have a backup of all documents you give them or upload into Filevine.

My experience with Filevine is that they check ethics at the door and will say and do anything for a sale.

They only hold the keys to all of your practice's information and documents, so best of luck with that.

Literally nothing.

At the end of the day, Filevine was the most expensive version of Dropbox or Box - not a practice management solution - possible, so, if that is of any interest, read on.

Inconvénients

Filevine indicated to me that they were very experienced at migrating data over from the practice management software I had been using. A YEAR AFTER retaining Filevine, it was still NOT done and was a complete disaster. If you ever want to see your documents again, run - do not walk - from Filevine.

A YEAR after retaining Filevine, they still had not done any of the customization that they promised, which was a large part of the inducement to retain them. Unless you are a programmer or merely want the most expensive version of Dropbox or Box possible, run - do not walk - from Filevine.

I am NOT kidding or exaggerating about this last one: I signed up for a year's worth of service and cancelled after the year was up, for the above reasons. They then tried to tell me that I was actually in a 3 year contract! The agent who signed me up apparently CHANGED my agreement when he sent it to me via Docusign, so that he could make a sale. Run - do not walk - from Filevine.

Even despite all that is underway with the coronavirus pandemic, Filevine has the time to constantly badger me to pay for 3 years of service, despite knowing of their intentional misrepresentation and fraud, and despite their knowing that I do not use Filevine at all, given the above.

They even sent someone (a collector) not to my office, but to my home! Who does that?

I have used Clio and Smokeball and have never had these kind of issues. Run - do not walk - from Filevine.

Réponse de Filevine Traduire en français

Hi Richard, in looking at your experience, we'd love to address a few items. We reached out many times and were unsuccessful in reaching you, and even flew our Director of Implementation to San Diego to help you design your template to fit your needs. The visit was pre-planned and confirmed with you, but we are sorry if it still seemed a surprise. These efforts, along with many trainings and hours of consultation given, were all intended to help you create a workflow that you would be satisfied with. We still wish to uphold our offer to help and can do so at any time. As mentioned, your migration was indeed from a system we've handled many times successfully. Unfortunately, they were unwilling to release the data you were looking for. We're sorry this affected your experience so deeply. Regardless of the source of confusion, we're sorry to hear there was so much dissatisfaction around your experience. We still have open doors ready to assist you.

Stephanie C.

Best Bang for your Buck

Publié le 07/09/2021

I am very happy with Filevine. The support staff is one of the best of any company I have ever used. Not only are they tremendously patient, but they are very knowledgeable and happy to help you with any problem that you or your staff are having. They listen to their clients and try to improve the features that the clients are requesting most. If you are considering the change to Filevine, I recommend that you do it - you won't regret it.

Avantages

Filevine is very easy and is an ideal program for personal injury, especially mass torts. It allows for full customization and you can make different projects for each litigation. It allows you to text directly with the clients, both for their convenience and yours. The information can be placed in multiple sections and it makes it very easy to put pertinent information for your attorneys to use for the cases. You can keep track of all types of information with reports, from which intake sources are working best to what type of cases are currently in your inventory. In addition, I have never had a software that is constantly innovating & improving the way that this does.

Inconvénients

I did not have to integrate from another software, but there are hiccups and delays when that becomes necessary. However, that is true any time you switch from one to the other. The new Docs Plus is very useful, although you will still need to keep at least one account for Adobe Acrobat, as all the features are not there. I wish there was a way to delete comments or tasks (for the administrator), as sometimes these are made but there is no way to clean it up.

SmartAdvocate

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

The versatility and ease of Filevine made the choice very easy for us. It allows my virtual office staff to work seamlessly on their work and with each other. The customization ability made it an ideal choice.
Kitty P.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best Legal Software... Period!

Publié le 22/04/2021

File Vine has helped push our law firm to one of the Best Law Firms in our area! But, shh... don't tell anyone how small we are. File Vine is a very top notch friendly group of professionals who go above and beyond and very happy to help their clients succeed. Very hands on with training, onboarding and 24/7 support. If you forget what you learned, their help section guidelines and online support is superb. Their dashboard is very user friendly and flows. Love the streamlining of work , task flows and deadline chains. One click generated documents, texting, faxing and email features all within the client's case file. The Outlook email feature is a game changer in time management and organization. Last but not least, the substantial document storage and cloud security is as tight as Fort Knox!

Avantages

Access our case files from anywhere, phone, tablet, and computer at home! Ability to text back and forth to our clients within their case file. One click generated Welcome letters, contracts, Medical records requests, Demand letters, and many more to reduce the repetitive tasks and time. Outlook calendar and Outlook emails dumped into our clients case files. The generated documents, sent to clients, signed and dumped in case files. Task flows and deadline chains with instant notifications to those who need to know. There are so many more features I like, I can go on and on.

Inconvénients

File Vine listens to their customers and constantly improving and adding new features so there is not a lot that I don't like about them. They can integrate for you or you can do it yourself. Pretty easy, a little time consuming but it helps you to update and weed out your junk before transferring over to FV.

Spencer S.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Filevine - hard sales push promises more than delivers

Publié le 01/04/2022

I was intrigued to try this program. I did a demo and had numerous sales calls. It was an aggressive sales pitch. I finally said I'm intrigued to try it out which required me to pay over $2,000 I figured if it worked then it would be worth it. Well after a few days of use, it was clear it did not do what I expected and I did not like using it at all.

It was my mistake and thank goodness I made them include a clause about not autorenewing my subscription.

I recommend against using FileVine. Software should always provide a trial period, even a week. Where such a software does not let you play around with it outside of watching a demo, it should be a redflag.

FileVine may be a good solution for some people but I don't recommend using it because they don't allow that before trying it. And it is not as full-featured as advertised and each little thing is another add-on fee.

Avantages

In theory it offers customization. I don't doubt that it does. It has some limited document management abilities.

Inconvénients

They charge you for "implementation" more than the cost of the licenses. I'm not a programmer or computer science graduate but consider myself competent with programs like this. My philosophy is that if I must be "trained" to use it, then it's not an intuitive program.
When I had an issue, the customer service person - who seemed helpful - told me the only way to troubleshoot my issue - the documents were not searchable even though I had paid extra for OCR (notwithstanding word documents are by definition searchable) - was for me to add him as an administrator for my account and that he would look at it.
I was stunned. I've used dozens of programs and received support from them when needed. Standard method is through remote access tool. Who would ever think to add their support rep's email as an admin on my account? This is indicative of my issues with the program.

Réponse de Filevine Traduire en français

Hi Spencer, we are sorry to hear about your issue with Filevine.
At Filevine, we strive to create products that simplify legal work but sometimes we learn we are falling short. We understand your frustration with the sales approach and are actively working to revise that. Additionally, we hear you about paid implementation. Filevine is a powerful toolwe charge for implementation because we take a hands-on approach to migrating legacy data and ensure instances are set up so our customers can launch seamlessly from day one. We appreciate your honest review. If you would like to discuss this issue further, feel free to reach out to our team at info@filevine.com.

Kimberly I.

Love Using Filevine

Publié le 01/04/2021

Overall experience with Filevine has been amazing! Everyone in the office seems to love it and it works very smoothly with what we use it for!

Avantages

The integration of this product was a bit agitating because it was hard to implement Time Matters documentation into Filevine. Once it was finally complete, however, it has worked like a charm. The Filevine team were also very understanding to our specific dilemma and did what they could to pull all the data we needed from Time Matters.

Inconvénients

I wish it were easier to do the templates. I just don't have the time to enter all the codes needed and honestly don't fully understand how to do it, so it's a bit difficult.

TrialWorks

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

new attorney did not like Time Matters.

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

Trialworks seemed too much like Time Matters and we wanted away from that.
Ryan S.

Publié le 17/09/2021

Great. We have greatly increased efficiency and client communication. It is helping us grow and we have seen a definite increase in revenue.

Avantages

I like the flexibility and customizability of Filevine. We have developed tabs and taskflows for several different practice areas that each require unique processes. Filevine is easily customizable and it is intuitive to develop on your own once you get a feel for the basic functions.

I also like the texting feature. It enhances our client communication.

Inconvénients

I wish it had mirror fields so that we could enter the information in one static tab and have the other tabs refer back to that information without having to reenter it multiple times.

Savannah M.

Office Manager Review

Publié le 09/09/2021

I think Filevine is an amazing product and we are all extremely happy. While there are definitely some features that we would like to see added and integrations that would be helpful, we wouldn't think of switching to anything else.

Avantages

Filevine is so user friendly! It is easy to teach to new employees and really does a great job at keeping the staff on track! I love the Taskflow and our ability to customize it to fit our systems.

Inconvénients

I am not a big fan of the Organization of documents. Maybe our firm just needs some training on how to make this work for us, but so far it is not helpful.

Brian B.

Publié le 09/09/2021

Avantages

Task management, customized reports, contacts much improved with latest updates.

Inconvénients

Feed too cumbersome, Task reminders only show original task in email, not any updates. Also, cannot see who posted the note unless you open it. Activities are not listed in chronological order.

Heather K.

Admin and User of Filevine at Law Practice

Publié le 23/09/2021

Filevine is pretty helpful in helping users understand the system. They hold you and your staffs hand in the beginning. The migration of data and start date took longer than anticipated. I hear this is common place. Overall, I really do like the program. The reporting feature is awesome. There is a bit of a learning curve. You have to learn how to "talk filevine" to get the data you want. There is so much about the customization that is super amazing. I think the best thing is that they take suggestions for improvement and are constantly upgrading the product. They do listen to their users.

Avantages

If Instagram and Facebook had a baby, it would be Filevine. Filevine is easy to use and easy to customize. I love that they have a help desk chat feature. At least once a day I ask a question. They also feature a ton of articles and videos on how to use the software. It really has helped us to organize or data. The best feature has been the reporting function. There are a lot of good things about Filevine and I am glad we selected it.

Inconvénients

Filevine is a program that is so customizable, you need a person on your staff to handle it. Select one person to dedicate themselves to learning and figuring out what you organization needs. When you get Filevine you really get the bare bones of the program. It is up to you what you do with it. You sort of have to hit the ground running. There are no templates like when you are using a web builder such as wix. Filevine will help you only so much with set up. You can purchase a template from a business that will sell their set up. This is something we were not told when we invested. We thought we would just start using all these cool features the sales person sold us on. There are a lot of cool things about this but, you have to figure it out and set up 95% of it. One last thing that is kind of a bummer. Make sure you get the costs accurately. The sales people will sell you one thing and the reality may tack on costs you were not expecting.

Timothy M.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Cutting edge document management software

Publié le 09/04/2021

It's been much easier to save docs, store docs, and also retrieve files thru the search engine. The activity feed is a must have feature and is simple to add. I also love the ability to hashtag certain docs with passwords such as for medical records and the various views you can see docs in (one page, side by side, etc.) Our overall experience has been excellent, looking forward to continuing improvements and continuing to master the software.

Avantages

The product was easy to use and was installed and integrated with the assistance of our IT professional. The features I find most impactful are the search capabilities between individual client folders, the ability to see multiples calendars at once without overlapping. I also love the activity feed to post and get up to date on the latest events in every case without having to search endless folders and screens. I could go on and on but it's also very simple to upload docs as it's a simple drag and drop from anywhere on your PC directly into the specific client folder you need.

Inconvénients

The one thing I continually don't like is when I open a client folder, I'm unable to sort the documents in date order. At times, I need to go back to a certain date and the docs don't sort in that fashion or stay in any sort of order. I like how the docs tend to group by how you name them, but would love to see a date sort added.

Gail B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Easy to use, tons of features, and customizable!

Publié le 06/04/2021

We had a pretty robust program in place before it had some deficiencies and needed to be updated. FileVine allows us to text our clients from the program which has been a great feature to have. We are also taking advantage of the faxes through FileVine and those go straight in/out of the program or even the matter. That allows for much quicker sending, saving and "filing" of the fax.

Avantages

There are so many great features in FileVine. The program is customizable to suit your needs. They are constantly updating the program and adding new features or adding enhancements to make the existing features work better. Customer support is easy to reach and quick to respond. We really like the fact that we can text our clients from inside the program and it's saved to their matter. This allows us more flexibility to communicate with our clients in a manner that they choose. It has also been good for sending out quick reminders about appointments. FileVine listens to their customers, evaluates the feedback and determines if they can make updates to make the user's life is easier. We've suggested several things that we've seen come to life inside the program, making it better each time!

Inconvénients

It's not really a negative, but just be prepared that implementation does take a little bit of time so you should be patient. Part of that is based on the user's timeline and when they have the shell set up as they want it. Then any existing data has to be imported into a test area, reviewed and then imported in the live program. So the process will move quicker or slower depending on how much time you dedicate to it and how much data you are pulling over (and maybe in what format it comes in).

Aside from that, there are features that I feel should be in place and I've submitted several and seen them come to life. The one area I wish we could streamline is Deadline Chains. Some of what we use that for is an actual event / appointment and then tracking all the items that need to take place prior to that appointment. While the deadline chain will put the event on the calendar, it puts it on as an all day event. (You can hide it from the calendar if you wish.) So I have to go back and enter a calendar event with the actual time. Then any time that event is postponed I have to change the data in two places. It would be nice if I could stop the duplicate entry.

Randy P.

Great Product that Continues to Give

Publié le 18/03/2021

My overall experience is great. I do wish that there was more available support.

Avantages

I handled the development for our PI department and I found the support page and the training sessions that you can sign up for were very specific in what they were teaching and were very helpful. When it came to launching and training my staff, I found it a lot easier than expected.

Inconvénients

I don't like that we are not told when there is a bug that your team is working out. For example, fax and email attachments were not going into our folders from the feed. When we reached out to report the issue, they were already aware of it and working on it. Meanwhile, we had no idea how long it had been an issue so we had to go back thru the activity feed of all our projects to make sure everything was moved over to the folders bc we were following up on items that were already received but we didn't realize. Had we known as soon as your team did, we could handled it differently and paid more attention. It would be nice to announce when a bug or issue is found so we can let our team know and adjust accordingly. We also spend a lot of time researching issues before calling support to make sure it is not something in house just to find out it is not. A lot of wasted time spent.

Alison O.

Time Saver

Publié le 18/03/2021

Doc+ is still not as functional and userfriendly. The view of documents and folders. It would be very beneficial to have an option to view all of the documents in the folders and subfolders at one time rather than having to click into each subfolder to see what is in it. This process takes up valuable time.

Avantages

This software has made it easy for our team members to track daily tasks and team members activities. This software has also helped us to stream line communication on our files which ultimately saves time for the team and the client

Inconvénients

I believe Doc plus isn't as functional and easy as it could be. I believe it would be very beneficial to be able to see all the items in docs folders in one view rather than having to click in each individual subfolder

Kristina S.

Good Answer to a Small Practice

Publié le 17/03/2021

Communication between employees with tasks that can be entered per client helps to keep on top of things. Everything is organized, which we like, so it streamlines the process. Most work involved is simply setting the cases up by entering data but t's all fill in the blanks

Avantages

We like that this software is mostly customizable. We are a small firm and do not need all the bells and whistles that large firms might utilize so it is nice to design the format for how we do business. Mostly, we like that, since it is in the cloud, we can work with it no matter where we are which was a huge help in 2020 while working at home.

Inconvénients

Improvements are being made all the time and if there is an area that needs improvement, we can enter it at the website and it will be reviewed and changed if enough people agree with our assessment. So there's not a lot to dislike as most are small things that don't affect the overall production. Maybe that the yield section determining settlement could include liens.

Eric R.

Game Changing Software

Publié le 17/03/2021

I used TrialWorks for over 11 years with my prior firm and started my new practice with it. Within a couple months I demoed multiple other case management software's for my personal injury practice. Filevine was by far the most superior out of all of the choices. I am very pleased with the Filevine.

Avantages

The software allows you to have a birds eye view of everything going on in the cases in my office. It also allows me to run excellent reports and manage teams efficiently and effectively.

Inconvénients

The email integration is not the most ideal, but it has gotten better. Sometimes the document generation is slow.

CASEpeer, Actionstep, SmartAdvocate, Litify, Clio et CloudLex

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

I wanted a more modern cloud-based software that allowed me to manage a high volume of cases and run reports to make sure the cases were being handled and resolved efficiently and effectively.

TrialWorks

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

Filevine felt the most logical and intuitive and had everything that I needed to run a personal injury practice.
Tom K.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

If you have at least a little tech savvy, Filevine is the best

Publié le 26/02/2021

I love the product. Period.

Avantages

The ready customizability of key features of the platform (database structure, document generation, reporting, deadline and calendar management, and so on) can really, really compound your team's efforts and reduce errors by forcing folks to do things the right way every time.

Inconvénients

There are plenty of features that could use one or two little tweaks that would make things easier or better for my use case, but nothing that makes me grind my teeth on a regular basis. The one thing that I wish was consistently better is user-support related to the API. The general customer support and how-to articles are fantastic. The API documentation is OK, and the team is knowledgeable, but it can be hard to get them because, I assume, they are quite busy.

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

I had experience with Salesforce -- to expensive and clunky; too hard to manipulate and customize. MyCase is just not great for litigation. Lawmatics does nothing that you can't do with Zapier, Filevine, and a few other cheap tools. PracticePanther is intriguing, but still a little behind in features, in my view.
David M.

Goodbye server!

Publié le 25/02/2021

Filevine has allowed us to be much more nimble in working remotely for all employees, replaced our server, provided increased and accurate communication in our firm on cases, allows us to share parts of the file with clients, allows client communication with text messages, and permits easy customizing to further suit our practice area which is ERISA and disability benefits. In a nutshell, it has been wonderful.

Avantages

Filevine came along at the right time as we had to attorneys who were working remotely. We had consistent difficulties with our server and of course that made them entirely unproductive. Filevine worked wonderfully in replacing our server and eliminating those growing costs. It is secure user-friendly and honestly the more you use it the more power you see it has. We are now greatly expanding our form letter database although we have been using a number of letters with it for over a year now.

Inconvénients

We previously utilized Needles and the reports with Needles were very helpful especially when two or more attorneys worked on the same case. We were able to separate out the attorney time using the Needles reports. Our attorneys are paid based on their productivity and such reports were very beneficial. Filevine does not have those reports but that really is the only negative that we have seen so far.

PracticePanther Legal Software et Clio

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

Server issues, lack of a good and reliable web based option for Needles. .

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

Customization for our practice, task driven functions to reduce attorney time directing many tasks, and demonstrated reliability.
Dawn R.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

FileVine Rocks!

Publié le 19/02/2020

FileVine has finally brought our firm into the 21st Century!! We are now able to streamline our intake/sign-up process; easily manage/maintain our documents bringing us closer to our goal of being a paperless office; more efficiently communicate with our clients; and keep our paralegals on track with managing case loads.

The sales team and support staff were absolutely amazing! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the rest of the FileVine team went above and beyond to accommodate our firm, including, providing 3 separate demos to make sure EVERYONE involved in the decision making understood what was going on. LOVE. FILEVINE.

Avantages

Extremely user friendly. Input and updates to case info super quick and easy. The most efficient CM software I've used in the 25 years of being a paralegal. LOVE the customization

Inconvénients

Honestly haven't found anything I don't like yet. Only thing I would like to see...only to accommodate some of our old-school staff, is some type of integration or syncing with QuickBooks. I believe it is available but is time consuming (on the programming end) and expensive?

PracticePanther Legal Software, Zola Suite, Clio et CloudLex

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

Needed a more efficient way of managing our cases and documents. Needed a way to get the entire firm on the same page so to speak.

Smokeball

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

FileVine gave us more bang for our buck! We really needed something that could be used by every member of our firm regardless of level of tech savviness. We needed something that could be customized to accommodate not only our practice area but also our unique workflow; and customization needed to be simple - very little down-time, customer support calls, etc. And to be completely honest.....the staff at FileVine tipped the scale and made our decision super easy!!
Eowyn P.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

SO MUCH BETTER THAN MOST

Publié le 01/11/2019

ALTHOUGH THEY ARE VERY NICE, THEY DO NOT NEARLY HAVE ENOUGH STAFF. THEY ESPECIALLY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF. IMPLEMENTATION WAS A STRUGGLE AND I HESITATE TO ASK FOR ANYTHING BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS. HOWEVER THE PROGRAM ITSELF HAS BEEN GREAT NOW THAT IT IS IMPLEMENTED (IT TOOK OVER 9 MONTHS FOR US TO GET UP AND RUNNING AND COST A LOT IN ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE AND OVERTIME FOR OUR STAFF).

Avantages

CUSTOMIZATION (A BIG ONE), REPORTING, EASE OF TRAINING/LEARNING FOR STAFF, KIND CUSTOMER SERVICE, SYNCING WITH OUTLOOK, DOCUMENT DRAFTING AND ORGANIZATION, STAFF PRODUCTIVITY MONITORING, DOCUMENT MERGING AND EASE OF CREATION OF TEMPLATES (ALTHOUGH MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT FULLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN OR YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE THEM OVER AND OVER).

Inconvénients

CERTAIN THINGS DON'T MAKE SENSE AND CAN'T BE CHANGED. EX. NO SPOT FOR SUBRO LIENS IN THE DRAFT CLOSING TAB, SORTING OF REMINDERS IS OLDEST TO NEWEST AND YOU CANNOT FILTER FOR OPEN REMINDERS (SO YOU HAVE TO SCROLL FOREVER ON AN OLDER CASE TO GET TO THE OPEN REMINDERS), CAN ONLY ASSIGN ONE COST/TRUST ACCOUNT PER ORGANIZATION FOR SYNCING WITH QB (EVEN THOUGH IRS REQUIRES A SEPARATE ACCOUNT PER CLIENT FOR COSTS AND THE BAR REQUIRES A SEPARATE ACCOUNT PER CLIENT FOR TRUST). DO NOT SWITCH TO QB ONLINE SOLELY TO SYNC WITH FV. NOT WORTH IT AND YOU CANNOT SWITCH BACK. CHOOSE YOUR INTERNAL IMPLEMENTATION PERSON CAREFULLY. NEEDS TO BE SOMEONE THAT IS TECH SAVVY, FAMILIAR WITH YOUR PRACTICE AND HAS THE TIME TO DEDICATE 3 MONTHS MINIMUM TO ONLY THAT. GET THAT PERSON A TEMP ASSISTANT FOR 3 MONTHS. THEY'LL NEED IT. BECAUSE OF THE CUSTOMIZATION, THEY REALLY DO NOT LEAD YOU THROUGH IMPLEMENTATION. YOU DRIVE THAT TRAIN AND YOU ARE THE PROJECT MANAGER. DO NOT RELY ON THEM TO GUIDE YOU.

Case Master Pro

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

CUSTOMIZATION, REPORTING AND EASE OF USE.

Legal Files

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

I WAS OVERRULED. THE CUSTOMIZATION AND TRENDY FORMAT WAS WHAT PUSHED THE PARTNERS TO CHOSE FILEVINE. CASE MASTER IS MUCH BETTER AT THE ACCOUNTING, SYNCING WITH QB, OVERALL ORGANIZATION, CUSTOMER SERVICE, IMPLEMENTATION, PLEADING MERGES (CASESTYLE IS VERY DIFFICULT TO FORMAT IN FILEVINE), AND THE ACTIVITY NOTES ARE MORE AUTOMATED (NOTES GET AUTO ENTERED WHEN DATA CHANGES OR DOCS ARE MERGED IN CASE MASTER PRO). IF THESE TWO COMPANIES MERGED, THEY MIGHT BE THE PERFECT LEGAL CASEFILE MANAGEMENT.

Réponse de Filevine Traduire en français

Hi Eowyn, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry that implementation was a difficult process for your firm. We hope to continue making improvements to our implementation process so that things are smoother in the future, but we're glad to see that you're getting value now that everything is set up.
We read through the issues you reported and spoke with our team. Your Customer Success Manager and our Head of Support said they had a few ideas in mind to could help. Our Director of Solutions Engineering also mentioned they'd be happy to take a look to find ways we can improve the setup or workflow. Let us know if you're interested in hopping on a call.
Thanks again for being an awesome customer. We hope that we can continue to make Filevine even better for your team.

Eric Y.

Customizable & Headache Free

Publié le 12/03/2020

I discovered Filevine after using two other case management programs. The first one I tried was fine, but it was too generic for my law practice. The second one I tried was more tailored to my area of law, but it was a headache to learn and lacked any ability to customize the program to work the way I like to work. Enter Filevine. Filevine lets users tailor the program to have features that users want instead of delivering static features that force users to adjuster their workflows to suit the software. The program is easy to use, has a pleasing interface, and the onboarding experience is awesome. I was guided step-by-step through the program so that when I was set loose with the program, I could hit the ground running.

Avantages

The ability to customize the program so that it works the way you work.

Inconvénients

The details I would change are very minor.

Smokeball

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

Practice Panther was a good product but too generic. Case Peer was extremely difficult to use.

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

I liked the look and feel of Filevine over Smokeball, and the customization capability that Filevine offered is what I was really looking for. I wanted a program that allowed me set up my intake process the way I like it to be, my folder hierarchy the way I like it to be, my deadlines how I want them, etc., etc. Only Filevine offered that.

Réponse de Filevine Traduire en français

Thanks for the review Eric! Filevine is all about giving you the ability to run your practice the way that you've envisioned. Happy to hear that you're loving it!

Thomas M.

Publié le 14/05/2021

Overall Filevine has been great. Implementation was a beast but after you get through that process its smooth sailing and only minor tweeks are needed to maintain the product. Since it's cloud based it has been a life saver as far as remote workers. As long as the user has an internet connection they can access all of the law firms cases and Filevine manages all updates and security.

Avantages

What I like most about Filevine is its high level of customization. We migrated to Filevine from Lexis Nexis Time Matters and we were able to map every field in Filevine to an existing field in Filevine. We did not lose ANY functionality of data availability when we migrated, which was our primary concern when we first purchased the product.

Inconvénients

What I liked least about the software was the implementation of the product. This may sound like a contradiction since I said what I liked most about the software was its customization abilities, but setting up the product required one of our employees work full time on the setup for over 3 months. The Filevine implementation team was great but the setup required so many customizations that it required multiple months of product customizations, then testing, then remediation and then the process started all over again for another case type. Disclaimer : We set up a LOT of case types in Filevine.

Joshua H.

Next Level Case Management System

Publié le 05/04/2021

Amazing business led by innovators in the legal case management space. Always willing to listen to your thoughts and create solutions for your business needs.

Avantages

The software is limitless. We are able to integrate with multiple platforms without any issues.

Inconvénients

Only draw back so far is implementation. With any technology you are going to have a slow down in production to start but we have seen significant benefits once the staff have all been trained.

Litify et Neos

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

Our firm knew the future of the legal industry was going to be led by technology and decided to take the step early.

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

The user interface of filevine and ability to always be able to integrate with other technologies via API.
Mariel R.

The Best!

Publié le 25/02/2021

I lover it!

Avantages

I love how friendly usage this program is! Very up to date, very new and fresh! I will recommend it to anyone with my eyes closed.

Inconvénients

I wish we were able to view CDs like MRIs, X-rays and etc.

SmartAdvocate

Pourquoi choisir Filevine

Needles was very old and did not fi the need for our office. And Smart advocate was a more NY based program and you couldn't change it.

SmartAdvocate et Neos

Pourquoi passer à Filevine

It was colorful, not scare to click on things, very friendly, very new!