Avis sur Acctivate

Acctivate

QuickBooks inventory management software for SMBs

4.2/5 (85 avis)

Excellent for the Price!

Publié le 18.07.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We were able to greatly improve visibility of our performance allowing us to focus resources in the areas that needed help. The quality and consistency of our output also improve dramatically. Probably the one area that had the most drastic improvement has been our warehouse. The ACCTivate our inventory is the most accurate it has ever been and order processing accuracy has also improve dramatically with the use of the mobile scanners.

Avantages

Software is filled with many intuitive features that cover a wide variety of of business uses in everything from order processing to inventory management.

Inventory management includes ability to manage using bins and multiple physical or virtual warehouses. This is a strong feature for an application in this price range.

The ability to create custom fields in virtually every section of the software helps resolve many challenges, and the fields are, in most cases, can be made to appear in reports.

Has a great order management module that can be customized for specific views and allow for both visibility and batch management of open sales order.

Mobile/handheld support allowed our warehouse to switch from manual to scanned picking, which greatly improved accuracy and accountability.

Software supports ODBC connectivity which provide a solid work around for the software's lack of strong out-of-the-box reports (see below)

In conclusion, if you are a small to mid-size business that has outgrown Quickbooks, you really cant go wrong with ACCTivate. So long as your Quickbooks data is clean and organized, migration is quick and painless.

Inconvénients

Out of the box reporting is a bit limited depending on your needs. Very basic reports are fine and they are accurate, but if your business has complex or custom logics by which you evaluate performance, you will need to hire a report writer (Crystal Reports) to build your report templates.

No real audit trail tracking/reporting so seeing who did what can be a challenge.

Lacks ability to restrict certain permissions that can lead to accidental or deliberate manipulation of data resulting in order processing errors.

Very Reliable and Easy To Use

Publié le 25.02.2016

Avantages

Acctivate is perfect for QuickBooks users that need a better inventory and sales order process. It is a bolt on product. You just "sync" it whenever you want to have QB and Acctivate talk to each other. It makes managing inventory really easy- and gives you a ton of room and vendor history so you can manage your costs. It also makes price updates really easy. Initial integration is easy- all of the details are handled by Acctivate thru remote sign in on your first day. I suggest to have an IT person in house just to handle the small details- so you can concentrate on your business.
I decided to go with Acctivate 5 years ago and have been Extremely Happy with this product. It is easy to use and is based on Crystal Reports - which means that you can get just about any report made - so you can get the specific dash boards you want or reports you want. Your employees will like using this product as well. My employees were using this by 10AM the morning we installed it.
Once you have this product 90% of the time you will be operating out of Acctivate. You only use QB for the Book Keeping for the most part. Inventory control and unique inventory situations are easily handled by Acctivate. Overseas shipments or Lead Time Inventory is not a problem- Acctivate has a solution for this. Your Pack Slip, Sales Orders and Invoices will look a lot better with this product. If this product doesn't pay for itself in 1 year or less- I would be very surprised. Excellent Product.

Inconvénients

I dont have any complaints. After an initial set up- i do suggest using a 3rd party for special reports. But you dont have to do this. Activate can help you if you want work with them. I just like having a 3rd party vendor - but i make a ton of reports. Acctivate comes with enough reports to run your business.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Acctivate is excellent; start to finish. It plainly works without any hitches! Plus, great service!!

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 21.07.2017

Avantages

The integration with QuickBooks works seamlessly.
The product is very easy to use; it is very intuitive. You just simply need to know the sequence of steps and in a few clicks, perfectly formatted forms are ready for printing.
The reports are well organized, informative, and great tools for analysis.
The customer service team is patient and hard working. Some tech companies talk down to non-techies, but Acctivate is patient and quick to educate in terms someone can understand, follow, and implement. Also, when educating, they run video seminars or can email screen shots to you very effectively. I cannot over estimate how much time they saved me, because they are so good in the customer service arena.

Inconvénients

There is nothing that I don't like about the software, except maybe the cost. However, we are in business and they are in business, so I don't begrudge anyone for making a living and earning a profit. What would someone pay for an inventory management system that works without a flaw in a QuickBooks environment? If you were a huge company you may say tens of thousands. If you are in a small company like mine, you might say a few thousand once. Instead the cost is an annual amount and that's just the way they price it, which is okay.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Acctivate has some powerful features for the price

Publié le 25.03.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

There are many Pro's and a few Cons for each module Acctivate produces. I do enjoy their proactive webinars and online video training access. I also like we have a training company with our data that allows our new users to learn without making costly errors we need to reverse. The sales system has many options to sell a product from multiple warehouses and at custom customer defined prices using Product pricing matrices. Importing pricing from excel spreadsheets is not a big chore with saved templates Acctivate manages. We have used Acctivate since 2006 and our business has grown and yet at the same time, computer hardware, online cloud storage and major version changes from 6.0 have occurred. Being a part of the support program that has allowed Acctivate to tranform and improve has been the main reason we are still with Acctivate today. Being a key partner to Quickbooks and having these two Sequel Databases sync daily, allows me to source bookkeepers who readily trained in Quickbooks and able to spend more time on proactive analysis of our business using many standard and custom reports we have had made in Crystal reports which is the primary database query program that takes our data out and export to useful programs such as excel. One of my favorite modules is the Dashboard button which loads many crystal reports that are one page reports onto one screen and used by us daily to steer our business based on performance and reports we need to view often. Inventory management is strong, with multiple warehouse, web links and product notes can be generously added to every part number. Learning to use crystal reports to audit inventory movement can be difficult for a new user. Additional custom fields can be added such as Average Inventory turns. Acctivate does allow us to bill out our customers with masked part numbers and create a general kit with a detailed description of the work we performed without disclosing part numbers or labor. Another aspect of Acctivate I find useful is the Activity Scheduler, Alerts and Review buttons. I can generate PO's based on min/max levels or by availability and saves time. This software is still a great fit for my business.

Support client

Sometimes Acctivate can be glitchy and close down abruptly. Quantities aren't always accurate.

Publié le 30.06.2017

Avantages

This software is pretty user-friendly and easy to pick up and learn. It is easy to place orders, print pick lists, invoice, ship, check previous order history, etc.

Inconvénients

There are some functions I wish this software had. Such as, avoid double printing pick tickets by letting the user know the order was already printed. Also, this software will freeze and shut down abruptly from time to time for no reason.

7.0/10

The system crashes periodically, and there are some glitches.

Publié le 26.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are able to keep account information, process and track orders and manage most of our complaints and returns.

Avantages

We can use it with QuickBooks. I work with complaints, and the activity feature is useful in this department.

Inconvénients

There are some glitches like when an order is made next day air, it will show as being shipped ground in Aactivate. Invoices will only show one shipping tracking number. The system crashes periodically, which is particularly difficult when I have multiple windows open.

3.0/10

This software is very important to our business.

Publié le 14.07.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Reduced the time that it took to manually invoice everything. Before it would take us about 5 hours to manually invoice now it takes 5 minutes.

Avantages

We sell in many different type of online marketplaces so it is great that we are able to sync all the orders from all the sites in one place.

Inconvénients

This software is 100% eficiente in inventory control but it lack the capability to do some extensive accounting.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I have implemented 3 successful Acctivate implementations.

Avantages

The product integrates with Quickbooks better than competing products (i.e., Fishbowl). The product is stable, in SQL, and the database is well organized, normalized, which lends itself to reporting. I like the posting process overall (much easier than a batch system - i.e., Sage 100). The vendor provides excellent support and has outstanding, knowledgeable, helpful support staff.

Inconvénients

I compare the product to other mid-market software that I implement (i.e., Sage 100, Great Plains, NetSuite). The product has limited functionality in some key areas: user-defined fields are limited, importing data into data entry processes such as purchase order, the data entry flow leaves much to be desired - having to click on fields, tab sequence, limited ability to default values in sales order entry to make the data entry process go faster, smoother. This can lead to errors in data entry.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

A product you can rely on from a consultant's perspective

Publié le 12.05.2016

Avantages

Acctivate Inventory is a full featured inventory management system that can be added onto QuickBooks easily and cost effectively. By doing so, a QuickBooks user can extend the useful life of QuickBooks without needing to upgrade that accounting program. And it provides the same or better functionality than many inventory modules of many ERPs. This is an excellent product that is from an equally excellent vendor whose attention to customer service and details are superb.

Inconvénients

I like the functionality of the product first and foremost and its ease of use. The vendor's training program is excellent and as I mentioned above their customer service is very very good as well. I am a business consultant to many companies and have never hesitated to recommend Acctivate,

President

Publié le 19.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Zero customer support, they will direct you to one of their consultants. Same issues almost everyday. It crashes almost several times a day. Sync is ongoing, never ending process. Duplicate invoices, duplicate customers, and many more issues. They told us 2018 version will resolve the issues, nothing changed, even got worse.

Avantages

Easy to buy hard to make it work. It is colorful, it seems like it will work when you are buying and you find out very next day, it is not working. But it is already too late to back off since you invested too much time and money.

Inconvénients

Nothing really working properly. We did moved from QB and now again we are shopping for another software.

Acctivate is Active :)

Publié le 24.03.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It took a lot of work, but after putting in the time and learning all about the software, I have to say it is a great system, with so many options and ways to do things. It can be customized to work in most unique scenarios. The strongest points for us is the inventory Lot control, gives us more power over our inventory, and where its coming from, etc. The Activity feature helps us communicate and acts as a CRM for our reps. The way dropship PO's are handled is very helpful, and works almost perfectly for us. Using the mobile device changed the way our warehouse receives and picks products in a good way. Since the software's infrastructure is basically a database, it gives versatility for using with other products, like our shipping software and our website. The Reports side is dependent on Crystal reports, which opens up a world of possibilities, it does add some complexities, but the support that Acctivate gives with there product makes up for all complex situations. I have been helped and things have been fixed numerous times. The software is also in a stage where it will always be improving over time.

There are a few cons. Bugs and things not quite working the way they should require a dedicated person within our company to occasionally be working with Acctivate to clean out these scenarios and learn about limitations and potential future added features. The Credit card system is very limited and makes it a little difficult with the way we do things.

I find myself really loving the way it handles customers, all the different tabs to product history, comments, activities, transactions. The UOM has added a complexity that we needed when it comes to purchasing single units vs boxes vs cases. The ability to setup diff pricing for a product or a customer really helps with on sale items and contract pricing.

Support client

For the most part acctivate is user friendly.

Publié le 27.06.2017

Avantages

It is simple to use, easy to find items and customer accounts. Updating customer information is really easy to do.

Inconvénients

Has some internal errors that happen often. Will freeze up and have to restart the program a few times a day.

6.0/10

I am using this program for about a year and a halfe it is a good program with lots of features

Publié le 14.04.2018

Avantages

I find it very usefull for order management it is a perfect program to keep track of your orders. The atta hed email section is very usefull. You can always keep track of conversations between a user and clients.

Inconvénients

I don't find it to be stable all of the time it crashes a lot unfortunately. It is also difficult when you want to edit a product when you make a mistake you will need to close the program and opend it all the way again because it does not let you continue with your work.

The Good, Bad & the Ugly

Publié le 30.03.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Acctivate is a really good inventory control system and it is pretty easy to learn and it has a lot of capabilities and we love it. But here are the problems I have had. I have had numerous problems with technical support, and it has only gotten worse instead of better. In order to reach customer service now, you have go to the Acctivate website and enter a service request, and you may or may not get a prompt reply back. When we are having technical problems with this program, it can bring our entire operation to a halt and there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency on the part of the technicians at Acctivate. This is my biggest problem with Acctivate and it the one thing that makes me very angry. My only other problem is training. This is a very complex program, and you can learn the basics pretty quickly and that will get you by. But there is no formal training to teach you everything you need to know other than videos that you can watch and some webinars. I think there needs to be a trainer that can teach new users how to use the program in depth at your facility in Arlington so that customers that have purchased the program can spend 3-4 days with some in depth training. I have had this system for over 2 years now and we are still finding new things that we have never seen or used before. When we purchased Acctivate, they do a great job of getting you up and going and answer any questions you might have, but some real hands on training would be so much better. But once you get used to the program, it's great.

Acctivate vs. QuickBooks Enterprise (with AI) - easy decision

Publié le 09.05.2016

Avantages

Acctivate goes far beyond QuickBooks Enterprise, even with Advanced Inventory. It brings preferences down to the customer and item level that are only available in QBES at a global level. It has CRM, customer service, bar coding, multiple warehouses, serial and lot number tracking, location and bin tracking, cost methods (LIFO, FIFO or Average Cost) at the item level, multiple units of measure at the item level and much, much more. For manufacturers and distributors with complex inventory management or compliance requirements, Acctivate can relieve all the pain points that you currently encounter with QuickBooks.

Inconvénients

Can't think of anything. Terrific sales and support teams.

Acctivate works relatively well

Publié le 09.06.2017

Avantages

Acctivate is relatively easy to use. Tracking activities, customers, and orders is straight forward and easy to follow.

Inconvénients

The biggest challenge with Acctivate is that it seems to crash for no obvious reason and sometimes with no warning. When this happens, whatever is being worked on is lost.

Simplicité d'utilisation

Why do I love Acctivate? Let me count the ways....

Publié le 29.04.2016

Avantages

Top-notch functionality and support. It uses SQL for the database and Crystal Reports for reporting which are expected these days for products of this type. The amount of detail and functionality is amazing. The programmers are awesome in some of the functionality they have come with. As an accountant, I can fully recommend the product to prospects without fear of a core functionality or need missing.

Inconvénients

No online product, unless you use a hosting company.

Overall great investment

Publié le 06.04.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall this has been a great investment. We are a medium sized company who sells multi-level assemblies as well as services, and have all of our accounting in Quickbooks. The integration between Acctivate and QB has proven quite valuable. We initially intended on putting products and services sales through Acctivate, but have since decided to keep services transactions solely in QB.

The platform gives us real-time visibility into key data that we were previously tracking across multiple spreadsheets which required ongoing effort to keep updated, and yet the data was still never as fresh as you'd want. It has taken some time to settle in, but across our company folks now have their dashboards and other features customized to display meaningful info and metrics for each individuals' area of responsibility. We have already been able to change the way we make decisions, doing things more efficiently today and with a higher degree of certainty than we had in the past.

The two primary cons I run into are : 1) not being able to customize the reports and templates (my organization does not have Crystal Reports), and 2) I wish we are able to select which fields display in certain activities. Both of these would make the system more user friendly, however there are certainly ways to work around each issue.

Support client

excellent company toi work with, great support, quick to response to any issue.

Publié le 25.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Excellent experience they are sharp Very experience and always helpful. They have excellent knowledge and there knowledge base is great for help.

easy to use.

none

Inventory Management Software that Does It All

Avantages

This software is very thorough. What do I mean by that? It can do almost anything you need it to do when it comes to managing your inventory. What I like best about the Activate Inventory software is it's integration to QuickBooks. Because it integrates so well there doesn't have to be a lot of double data entry. Data flows transparently in both directions. Also, their staff are really wonderful at helping you - they're easy to talk over challenges with, and always ready to help.

Inconvénients

I can't think of anything that I disliked about the product.

Acctivate User for Five Years - Love it

Publié le 14.04.2016

Avantages

I love the drill-down capabilities, the search options, copy functions, the wizards, reports, etc. So much that I enjoy. Great system!!

Inconvénients

There is no vendor box in Acctivate, like how there is a customer box. We are limited to the vendor info we can pull up unless we have Quickbooks on our computer, and not everyone has QB in our dept. Really wish they would incorporate that into the Acctivate program.

Great product

Publié le 20.04.2016

Avantages

Easy to use, great help from activate for setup, all customer records are transparent, well organized, so does the inventory.

Inconvénients

reports are always a struggle, using crystal report need some training. We have hard time to get the reports we need.

Activate people are great, very helpful and personal.

Acctivate - Inventory Solution for the Growing SMB

Avantages

Love the fact that it is scalable, modules can be added one at a time, as the company grows.
I also love the customer center as it incorporates great CRM functionality, many sales analysis at the users' fingertips, rather than having to run so many reports.

Inconvénients

Wish it would integrate with QBO. I also wish it would have more integration with payroll.

Not for my shop

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 10.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

This product has a low learning curve and easy to set up and use. It may be good for some businesses but it is not worth the money for ours. It works great for tracking inventory and bringing completed goods into our system and tracking them through to a sale. This is where it breaks down. We are a small business and do a lot of custom goods and small run manufacturing. There's not a lot to offer for the manufacturing side of our business. For a small shop, most of the functionality of this software can be done in Quickbooks. This product still requires quickbooks for accounting as well. The yearly maintenance fee, hard to swallow for what it does for our buisness.

Easy to use and update

Many glitches and bugs
Little help with manufacturing

4.0/10

10+ Years & Counting

Publié le 30.03.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Over the years that we've used Acctivate it has always provided exceptional inventory management and control. From purchasing through receiving, sales and shipping, we've been able to easily fit our business processes to Acctivate. Plus as out business has changed over the years, Acctivate has been flexible enough to accommodate our ever evolving needs .

Traditionally we have been a value-added distributor of packaging products. Now we are adding US based manufacturing capabilities and find that Acctivate easily supports our requirements for bill-of-materials and build processes.

I would be remiss,however, if I did not mention the outstanding capabilities to track and manage all types of business activities within the software. While the operational portion of the software is the bread and butter of the business, the real return is found in the business activity management capability.

We plan to continue using Acctivate for the foreseeable future. Our thanks to the entire Alterity team - sales, support, development and administration.