Avis sur Sage One Payroll

Sage One Payroll

Cloud-based payroll management solution for small businesses

3.7/5 (34 avis)

Review of Sage One

Publié le 06.10.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

We really liked how simple Sage have made this software, they must have used different developers than the Sage 50 developers! We also liked the VAT handling, top marks for that.

Avantages

Sage One is extremely basic and fairly straight forward to use. The software is a no frills solution and is stripped down to bare bones. For instance, there are no nominal codes and no transactions list (audit trail) etc. The terminology is also very user friendly so that non-professionals and users without bookkeeping experience can understand it better.

The website has a mediocre design but the design of the accounting software itself was actually very good, better than the website’s design, which is unusual!
Speed: The speed of the actual accounting software is fast but entering transactions is not. For example, entering cash book (banking) transactions has three steps which seemed a bit overkill in our opinion. Also the places for entering sales receipts, purchase payments and bank transfers were spread out throughout the software which meant that it coule be time consuming if you have a mixture of transactions to enter.

Inconvénients

We did not like how entering different types of transactions required the user to access multiple sections of the accounting software.

So easy to use

Publié le 25.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Allows us to easily do payroll for 25 people in-house and avoid an expensive service.

Avantages

Very easy, smooth processing, zero issues in 5+ years. Easy to reach help if something needs changing or updating and changes are made within minutes (changing rate plan, updating bank draft info, etc)

Inconvénients

The direct deposit fee system creates a journal entry for you and it is not immediately available. It used to happen when the payroll was synced but now you have to wait a day or so for it to download. I wish there was a way to make that instant again or turn it off so we could adjust manually immediately.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Cloud based payroll program that gets the job done

Publié le 10.04.2018

Avantages

This cloud based program lets us do our payroll and keep track of time in an easy enough to use platform. Since this is geared towards small and medium sized businesses it was perfect for us. It allows us to pay with direct deposit, paycards, and company checks which is very convenient for us. Overall this program is great at doing what it needs to do.

Inconvénients

There are times that this can be a little slow to use and buggy, but overall we haven't had too many issues with the program and think the benefits outweigh the cons. Nothing major that would hold us back from buying again.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Sage hijacked our payroll software!

Publié le 07.11.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I do have to say since they forced us to find another payroll software, I can now see how cumbersome the sage software is.

Avantages

Fully integrated with Sage software. I actually really liked the Sage program, until I found that others were actually easier. I liked how it was flexible and had had the manual tax override. I liked the reports that it created and that it would generate the 941's. I like how it would track the changes in an employee's wage over their employment.

Inconvénients

The high maintenance fees to maintain this software is ridiculous. I also did not like how you had to completely close a quarter and/or year before you could go on to the next. This is especially challenging with year end and the w-2's. I have since found that with other software this is not the case.

Support client

Covers all of my payroll needs!

Publié le 12.10.2017

Avantages

Sage Payroll is super easy, convenient, and fast to use. It has saved us many headaches in comparison to our old, clunky system! We use the report-writer tool daily, and having the ability to export the data we need is so helpful. The interface is simple and straightforward, and does exactly what we need it to do.

Inconvénients

Although it is not the most robust payroll system in the world, it functions at a basic and reliable level and each update improves the system greatly.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Sage Payroll is affordable, and reliable. it also offers a detailed collection of reports

Publié le 18.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Payroll process is now easier to complete

Avantages

Provides detailed reports with the ability to allow users to pay their employees through direct deposit, or company-generated checks.

Inconvénients

Outdated GUI with an unfriendly interface. This software can be complex and confusing for payroll officers without prior accounting knowledge.

great program

Publié le 30.01.2018

Avantages

i like everything about the program. it is easy to use and rarely ever have to call customer service for help

Inconvénients

i think that the program should branch out further and have more options that can be used with the system

7.0/10

Sage helped us pay our employees with ease!

Publié le 10.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis

Avantages

This was the first system I was thought when doing payroll. This was so easy to use I was completing payroll, making changes, producing reports and checking statements within a month of learning how to use this. It is so easy to click on a name, make the change and save your changes. For a novice, this was great as a starting tool and we used it for years.

Inconvénients

I would say reporting could be better as at times I wanted to make my own, but for me it looked complicated and therefore I didn't use it as much. Also there is a flow of how the system works and this can be confusing as this assists in understanding the order of Sage.

Not User-Friendly

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 27.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I feel like a pretty competent and computer savvy person. The more I use Sage, the less and less I like it. I don't know if it's just my company or what, but every January, I lose my mind. When it's time to update rates & salaries, there are one million steps and once I think I've figured it out, I look at the calculated totals for our next paychecks and almost all of them are incorrect. I have to then call to get things sorted out. I have now been transferred three times. "Self-service" payroll is not an adequate name for this product. I have been told that there are certain features that I can change on my own and others I cannot. It should be 100% self-service or 0%. Additionally, every year the W-2s for two of my employees are incorrect. Overall, running payroll from paycheck to paycheck is a simple process! I'd recommend it for that, but a headache I experience each year in updating totals and doing taxes is starting to make me question whether I should stick with Sage or not. I will say that 80% of the people I speak with in customer support are friendly - so I guess that's good.

Avantages

It's quick to use for running payroll.

Inconvénients

Updating rates, salaries, and deductions are very difficult. It causes such a headache.

Review for Sage

Publié le 09.08.2017

Avantages

Sage allows easy uploading and access to documentation of employees for employment regulations and so forth

Inconvénients

Uploading failures occur quite frustrating at times I believe this happened when there are more users at one time

Sage Payroll 10-30 Employees

Publié le 16.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Very pleased with the ease of use, including salaried and hourly employees. Reports are very detailed and customizable. Optional e-file of reports is not expensive, easy to use and worth the cost

Avantages

If you want control of your payroll, Using the built-in Sage Payroll is worth the extra cost

Nothing really

Sage Payroll System

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 07.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I stared using Sage at the beginning of the year having previously used different payroll software for almost 9 years. My main reason for changing was that even though it had been promised for years the other software did not work on Apple and I needed it to as my main computer is a MacBook. I find Sage to be very good value. Easy to use on all computers. Quick and easy to do a payroll run but there are definitely quite a number of features it is lacking compared to other payroll software but then this may be due to the fact that it does offer such good value for money. I believe they may be adding to it which would be super.

Avantages

Ease of use. Price. Can be used on an Apple Mac.

Lacks certain functionality.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Easy to use. Great for a small business.

Publié le 18.07.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Ease of use frees me up for other tasks.

Avantages

Automatic. Great for a small business with no payroll changes. Just set and forget, payroll runs every week.

Inconvénients

Need customer service help to make changes. Handles local taxes but takes some effort to get set-up.

Bookkeeper

Publié le 01.11.2017

Avantages

If a mistake is made it is easy to go back and fix. Such as payroll if a cheque was done incorrectly all you have to do in adjust the cheque to fix.

Inconvénients

Setting up the software is a little confusing when setting up deductions and income for payroll I don't use it often and forget how to do this.

6.0/10

Payroll solution for those with limited time

Publié le 11.06.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

payroll completed in a timely fashion with ease

Avantages

fast easy and accurate, this program makes payroll a less daunting chore with many time saving features to help you finish accurately

Inconvénients

i really have no dislikes in this program but it could be a bit more appealing to the eyes its very standard looking

Not my favourite

Publié le 05.12.2017

Inconvénients

Customer support not very helpful, if you call you wait for hours, sometimes updates are done without even letting you know which is a pain. Not very straightforward payroll, I found it too long winding and not very easy to use.

4.0/10

I was working on payroll for a small company and they had this software and I worked on it a dozen times or more before my project assignment ended

Publié le 01.02.2018

Avantages

It is easy to use and I like the fact that it will calculate all the taxes you need to process payroll

Inconvénients

Well it is a simple program and you can't really run alot of scenarios on it I wish it had more functionality

Comprehensive UK payroll software

Publié le 06.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Able to process monthly payroll in house

Avantages

Produces clear reports, easy to use, automatically downloads updates, and can store as much or as little information about employees as you wish.

Inconvénients

Layout is quite dated. Not very easy to correct mistakes and re-run the payroll (but possible if you follow the Help).

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Good software for maintaining payroll for a small business.

Publié le 07.03.2018

Avantages

It is quick and easy to setup and they provide quarterly tax updates to stay current on government changes.

Inconvénients

It can be slow processing large queries or running complicated reports. Support can be slow to respond during year end and tax season.

6.0/10

We use many Sage products but turned away from Sage payroll

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 01.06.2018

Avantages

I liked that it was simple to code my work hours in the system, it was nice to do it right from my computer

Inconvénients

We actually switched to a website to code time for payroll and I think we switched since we could not access from a website domain

7.0/10

Great product - Strong company.

Publié le 18.08.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Please know and understand, that I have firm belief this is a great product, but we have not used it yet. We go live in November. Customer Support is excellent

Avantages

Wide range of business solutions. The company is solid, having know how and capital strength. Invited me to the summit, and I was sold.

Inconvénients

Not all of the software solutions are integrated. Thus had to look for specialists that could get them to collaborate.

5.0/10

Easy interface and handles online submission

Publié le 16.05.2018

Avantages

It is easy to process payroll and submit to HMRC. Year end processing is straightforward. Online is good.

Inconvénients

I can't think of anything negative about it. It had everything my small company needs. It isn't too expensive.

Sage is a Good Buy!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 02.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

We are using SAGE for managing our Payroll and a couple other functions. We might even use it for the other functions this year as our experience with them has been good so far.

Publié le 02.08.2017
Provenance de l'avis

Reminded me of an Old DOS Program, functioned well but seemed outdated

Publié le 04.05.2016

Avantages

Ease of use, the software is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Inconvénients

The amount of screens you had to go through to put in one new hire and the product was from a re-seller and direct support was difficult to obtain