Avis clients sur CAKE POS

CAKE POS

4,6 (506)
Donnez votre avis !
Solution logicielle de POS (point de vente) en ligne pour les restaurants

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Un meilleur produit

Publié le 02/10/2023

Avantages

C'est le meilleur produit conçu pour apporter et répondre aux exigences du secteur delà restauration traditionnelle. Très simple et facile à utiliser avec une bonne qualité d'interface. J'ai utilisé CAKE POS

Inconvénients

C'est le meilleur mais très coûteux et indisponible pour tout pays également

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Thank you again for your 5-star rating and for being an amazing part of our journey. Your continued support means everything to us. If there's anything specific you'd like to see more of, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Ed
Ed

Affordable, Effective, and easy to use POS System

Publié le 27/06/2018

I got an affordable, and effective solution for my POS system needs. We all have found the menus and programming to be easy

Avantages

The price is the most attractive feature, as well as the ease of use. The flexible and affordable monthly payments are nice too.

Inconvénients

Can't use terminal when someone is using the manager functions on other terminal. There are some short delays in running reports at times.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Thanks for your review, Ed! We are happy to hear that you are finding a lot of value and ease of use with your CAKE Point of Sale. We appreciate your feedback, I will pass this on to our Product Team. I know we are working on making a few improvements to reporting that will be coming out soon.

Barry

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Hard to beat, I've used several systems.

Publié le 08/05/2020

Everyone that touches it learns it almost instantly. Programming it is almost as easy too.

Avantages

Simple and covers all the bases. Cake has actually impressed customers! How often does a customer look at a cash register and think it's cool? Well, cake has, especially 4 years ago before everyone had an iPad. But we still get comments.

Inconvénients

Can't put my logo on the receipts, would love to be able to shop for my own credit processing. I know that's not going to happen. But my logo on a receipt should be able to.

Pourquoi choisir CAKE POS

Outdated, and they made me angry.

Pourquoi passer à CAKE POS

Simplicity, style, customer screen, price, and a unit that wasn't an iPad.
Vangjel

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

If you don't want features that will help your restaurant grow this is it.

Publié le 10/04/2021

Benefits - very few, its a processing and pos basic.
Issues - many, but do get resolved.
Features -...

Benefits - very few, its a processing and pos basic.
Issues - many, but do get resolved.
Features - literally almost nothing. you get basic reporting.
We switched to Toast.

Avantages

Its useful that this POS offers 3 party features to install, to bad you gotta pay of them.
Reports are easy to understand, what comes in and what your taxes are.
Easy point of sale to use for your staff.

Inconvénients

Alright after 2+ years of using Cake here it is for you guys.

1. On the phone with customer service probably 4 - 6 times a month. This is from reporting / dashboard issues, POS issues.

Reporting issues: about 2 times a month we have to call about some kind of labor reporting issue and takes the engineers around 1 to 4 days to fix. Note - same issue occurs, another day or so for engineers to fix.

Dozens of times we will be on the phone with a customer service rep, and both them and I will be having issues loading the reports to examine them. One time we were literally both waiting over 25 minutes for it to load.

As a restaurant one of the best reports you could have is when the system literally tells you the cost of EVERYTHING.
Ya, you won't be getting this with cake. Sure, you can add the cost of a single item to you (why even have this feature if it doesn't deduct it for you) but it wont deduct it for you at the end of the day. You'll have to do this on your own to figure out what it actually cost you.

Cake takes into account on recommendation that their customers give them, I think and thats at least what they say except their features are almost non-existent. No marketing, No rewards, very basic reporting.

Their hardware is super expensive, our kitchen printer stopped working and they quoted us like $450, I found it on amazon for $115.

Just remember the 2.50% + $.10 a swipe, will actually really be costing you 3.50%. I could go on but I'm limited on characte

Aaron

Cake(MadMobile) POS Review

Publié le 17/05/2022

Very solid, they have earned my respect and trust. I have appreciated the help getting everything going and the simplicity that the software provides.

Avantages

Cake is an easy software to understand and use. Compared to Toast or Square the setup is straightforward, the interface is clean and the POS equipment is very high quality. Reports are instantly available, customer service is top-notch, and transactions are smooth and hassle free.

Inconvénients

Customizing the online ordering screen as well as the second screen for the POS. Both are very limited and don't allow me to alter font, or layout/style. I'd like to represent my image better and I can't do that if I can't alter the fonts and add graphics.

Square Payroll, eHopper et Toast POS

Pourquoi passer à CAKE POS

Superior equipment(POS), easier setup, and maintenance.
Molly

Cake POS is sweet!

Publié le 26/04/2023

It's a phenomenal product - I've recommended it to many other restaurant owners!

Avantages

Ease of use, ease of configuration, affordable

Inconvénients

Back office / admin settings get a bit complicated and some are configured on POS and some through Admin Portal - I wish they were all in the same place!

Roman

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Started out as a great solution but something has changed

Publié le 10/08/2022

Started out great but the recent missed credit card deposits are alarming and there seems to be a breakdown in communication internally. Might be the transition over to madmobile but something is going on. As a business owner shopping for a POS solution, I would give this time to see where this goes before jumping in. I'm in the process of shopping for a possible new solution.

Avantages

Very easy to use and robust. Great reporting and features.

Inconvénients

We are experiencing multiple instances of our credit card deposits not depositing on the days that they are contracted to deposit from Cake and it has impacted payments to vendors and payroll. There almost seems to be an disconnect between support and understanding the very real problem that this presents to a small businesses.

Pourquoi passer à CAKE POS

At the time, really liked the ease of use and how robust the software is.
Danielle

Paddles Coffee

Publié le 25/06/2021

After hearing nightmare stories from others in the coffee industry with other POS systems, we wouldn’t change a thing. We are more than happy with the experience so far, and we are excited for the updates and changes we’ll see in the future.

Avantages

Very easy to set up the menu; customer service has always been top notch; online reports include the information you need to run a business effectively; POS terminal is attractive and customer friendly.

Inconvénients

Would love to see stamps integrated between POS and online ordering; accessing older reports is time consuming; some of the reports are buried within other reports and can be hard to find.

Pourquoi passer à CAKE POS

On recommendation from others in the industry and review of the features and pricing online.
Robert
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Cake is the Best yet

Publié le 22/04/2020

Cake handles everything we need for daily operations

Cake handles everything we need for daily operations

Avantages

Ease of use, self input of new items, reporting in real time for on the fly decisions.

Inconvénients

None, there isnt anything yet we have had issues with or had a question about that wasnt resolved.

Pourquoi choisir CAKE POS

After having months of unsettled issues with TouchBistro we decided it would be best to seek a replacement. After looking at all options we decided to go with Cake based on needs and wants that we could see would benefit our business. All of our needs are covered and some of the wants are now available to us.

Logiciel antérieur

TouchBistro

Pourquoi passer à CAKE POS

ALl of the user inputs and functionality that we were looking for were included and ready to use.
Mitchell

Cale POS Review

Publié le 18/05/2021

Great product. Great prices, great customer service

Great product. Great prices, great customer service

Avantages

Easy access to back of house numbers. Great comparison categories.

Inconvénients

Wish i could place an order to be picked up later and put a time on the check to print to kitchen . Also wish i could have at least 2 different service charge sliders straight from the ticket .

Pourquoi choisir CAKE POS

Needed to replace hardware and get an updated modern software system.

Pourquoi passer à CAKE POS

My Sysco representative/sales associate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] highly recommended Cake and i knew he could help me with any issues I might have
Brenna

EZ as Cake!

Publié le 11/08/2021

Fantastic!

Fantastic!

Avantages

I love the simplicity and sleek design of the actual terminal and the software is amazingly easy to use and really lives up to it's name! It's easy as CAKE!

Inconvénients

I would like to be able to have my gift cards expire.

Pourquoi passer à CAKE POS

my husband did, his Sysco Rep was his friend and ex sous chef, so he talked him into it.
Patrick
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

POS technology is behind. Customer Service is very poor.

Publié le 06/03/2023

You can contact me directly or follow the reddit thread regarding Cake POS. I have continued to update my experience with Cake POS and it is bad. Consistently poor experience at every turn and every new challenge of the restaurant.

Avantages

It is a simple product but it is not for a table-service restaurant. Best for a simple counter service operation.

Inconvénients

Customer service has been horrible. Bad attitudes, lack of help, and terrible at resolving issues.Tripled charged me for additional POS system.TERRIBLE installation strategy. Self-Installation with no assistance if it doesn't work. WHAT?Fabio blamed ME for the installation not working. It is a simple plug and play but what happens when that doesn't work. They shrug and say it is your fault. Wow. I've had much better experiences with LightSpeed/Upserve and SpotOn at my other restaurants.Avoid this at all costs.

Lightspeed Restaurant, SpotOn, Revel Systems et Toast POS

Pourquoi choisir CAKE POS

Sometimes you make mistakes with your decisions and they have minor impacts. Choosing CAKE POS is a MAJOR negative impact that has resulted in LOST SALES for the restaurant in a tough environment.Anyone can contact me to discuss my experience more. Cake does not care about the customer and has never cared about my negative experiences.

Logiciel antérieur

SpotOn
John

Cake promises undelivered

Publié le 13/09/2019

While it functions fine for the ordering and set up. The back end portion for controls of labor are not in place. You also do not have a choice on who processes your credit cards. Twice in a month we were delayed credit card processing deposits into our account. While I do believe that it was probably the 3rd parties processing fault we have 7 other locations that have not experienced this problem at all. Maybe its time for Cake to change processors! When you have pending checks to clear and you don't get your planned deposit for your credit card processing it can be stressful day with banking.

Avantages

The product was recommended by Sysco. The cost and the features explained was the selling point.

Inconvénients

There is no partnered labor control ap that works with clock in of your employees on the Cake system . With Labor control being one of the largest cost factors and with all the new features that others offer. Cakes only partner is with 7 Shifts and for that you pay a hefty price even to be able to schedule on it. If you have one location maybe you can get by with the old paper schedule but with multiple locations and a number of employees there are no feature that control early clock ins, no clock ins, breaks, and overtime alerts. The other part of this there is no interest getting it done on a time frame that makes sense. Your told one thing by the top to get you off the phone, bug them enough and they will tell you maybe its not the system for you. So save yourself some money and not buy this system if you are any way wanting to truly manage labor it just does not do it if you have many locations to keep track of. I would say if you have over 25 employees as well , you would save many dollars with systems that help control clock ins.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Hi John, thank you for taking some time to leave a candid review.

First off, thank you for acknowledging our ease of use by giving us a 5-star on it.

With that said, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the delayed deposit caused.

We understand that running multiple restaurants can be stressful enough. Our intention is to make life easier for our operators.

As for your concerns in regard to labor control, we have and are making concerted efforts to push features that would be beneficial to our operators. In our 6.28.1 release, we added the feature to prevent early clock-ins from breaks.

university.cake.net/s/article/What-s-New-in-6-28-1-0

Although we do not have overtime alerts, we are able to allow automatic clock-out times.

Mike

• Support client

Great experience, amazing support and the right way to buy software

Publié le 27/07/2017

Avantages

We were using an older text driven system before that ran on an older OS on XP and we needed something that was Windows-oriented, vendor supported, and took support off of management's hands and handed it over to the people who are actually on the floor doing the work. Frankly the old system also broke a lot, and we needed something more technologically advanced. CAKE has been fantastic. Developing and managing the menu has been surprisingly easy, like the easiest thing I've ever done. Working with the categories and modifiers was just a piece of cake. All of the people working here love it. They came off a system they were already used to, and the conversion was completely painless and extremely fast. When we went from tickets to our old system it was a 6 month nightmare, it just took forever, and I was concerned switching to CAKE would be the same, but it was instant. The system was so intuitive, it's been really nice. It operates exactly how you think it should work, which is probably why staff took to it so readily. The way you can purchase it was also a huge factor for a small independent company like ours, so you can do a small down payment instead of a big cash outlay. It just works for us.

Inconvénients

An ad-hoc reporting capability would be nice. The existing reports are substantial and you can download them into excel, but I would like to be able to create my own.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Thank you Mike for your great review of CAKE! CAKE Point of Sale makes it easy for you to work faster, more efficiently, and with less overhead. We¿re glad to hear your staff is loving it as much as you are!

Shaun

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Gives greater control over your point of sale and tracking!

Publié le 20/10/2017

Order accuracy and data tracking

Order accuracy and data tracking

Conversation Summary/Sample Review:
Before we started with CAKE, everything was done by hand so we had to write stuff down which posed a challenge because now you had to know what went on everything and how much things were to charge for extra. There was also no way for us to track anything, really. Now we can track sales of items in general as well as hourly, and there is even an option to track by 15-minute period, which is even greater. Changing the menu is easy and I don't have to have meetings to tell people about new prices and things, I just give a heads up and then it just shows up on the machine. Customization is super easy, so even if the customer wants something we don't have in there it's super easy to enter. And then my favorite part is that I can have different printers that send information where it needs to go, so I can send the fryer exactly what they need and the grill what they need which has helped us out a lot. Instead of looking at an order with a ton of information that makes it hard to see what needs to be done, each person can see exactly what they need to do for their part and then have it come together with better accuracy.

Inconvénients

It would be great if customers could order online and pay with PayPal. An app for remote access to the system would be amazing.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Thank you Shaun for a great review! We do offer online ordering, and an app for remote access to the system. We've contacted your Customer Success representative to ensure that CC Diner and Ice Cream gets your just desserts! We're happy to hear CAKE Point of Sale saves time for team and adds more money to your bottom line.

Katie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Cake has been such a positive experience.

Publié le 08/11/2017

Cake saves us time with customers and employee training. It is very user friendly and the support team is very friendly and helpful.

Avantages

We switched to CAKE because we were launching a bigger location and with an expanded menu, this was the better option for us. We were previously using Square which didn't have a lot of the functions we needed as a bigger business. It's much easier for employees to work now because CAKE allows them to do clocking in and out in one convenient location, all the menu options can be put in the system which saves their time entering and hunting, and overall it's much more organized. We can also easily change the menu from our laptops on a regular basis because we've been adding a bunch of stuff, and it's much easier from our computers. The reports help us keep records of what sells the best during each season and we can decide then to bring it back or not. A lot of our customers are really impressed as well, it's very easy for them to use and they tell us on a regular basis. It's really user friendly and it all comes down to the ease of use. We just have no complaints, and whenever I need support it's easy to get to.

Inconvénients

The screen will freeze from time to time but it is easily fixed by restarting the machine. I also wish we could find receipts by card holders last name, it would be easier to go back if we need to find a receipt for different purposes.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Your CAKE Point of Sale shouldn't be freezing, please reach out to support@trycake.com if you'd like some technical assistance troubleshooting this issue. CAKE is happy to hear Mishmash Eats is saving so much time by switching to CAKE POS. We hope you and your customers continue to have great things to say about CAKE's support, please get in touch if we can help you get more out of your CAKE Point of Sale.

Chris

• Support client

Drastically improved our order efficiency. Responsive Customer Service.

Publié le 31/05/2017

Avantages

We had a system before CAKE for several years that we couldnt upgrade, which was our biggest issue. It was becoming slower and slower and features werent very robust, even though it was very expensive. CAKE is very responsive from a customer service perspective, and theyre always very helpful. We feel very comfortable calling when we have issues, which dont often come up, whereas before we incurred service fees every time we needed customer support. The reporting is helpful from a record-keeping and costing perspective and does what we need. CAKE is always adding new features and improving the software aspect of it which is great because theres always something new we can take advantage of to improve our business. We were able to process more customers per hour because of increased efficiency, ease of use, and speed of the system. Its an attractive piece of hardware that fits in seamlessly with the rest of our aesthetic, and because of the customers ability to interact on the other side of the screen, its been a great benefit for our employees as tips went up substantially.

Inconvénients

You have the ability to choose your owner credit card processor, but you have to purchase separate processing hardware. Running cards this way ads a layer of inefficiency to the transaction process, increasing service time.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Thank you for choosing CAKE, Chris! We're excited that you can see increases in tips, and we're thrilled that you're getting the most out of CAKE by using all the features we offer

Ashley

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Super user friendly! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a POS system!

Publié le 02/04/2021

The rep that installed the system and trained us was helpful and informative. The system is easy to use and customer service is excellent. We have had no issues with the system, but if there is something you don't know how to to do- call them and they will walk you through it. Hold times for customer service are short or non-existent. Also, they update the system frequently, so if there is a feature you would like to change or add just submit a suggestion to them. As I said before, they are extremely helpful and accommodating.

Avantages

Extremely user friendly. Easy to change user permissions, access reports, and update menu from system, back office, and from any computer or mobile device even offsite. Reporting is clear and easy to use as well.

Inconvénients

No major issues. Easy to access reports- could have added features to make it easier, such as the payroll hourly reporting feature- it would be better if it had an option to click the employee name to see all of the daily hours listed for each instead of having only the timesheets function to see the list. Also, on the item sales- listing the add-ons or upcharges for side options would be extremely helpful- could be a drop down similar to the categories. Otherwise, reporting is great and as easy to use as the rest of the system functions.

Steven

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Cake as a POS solution for restaurant or small business

Publié le 04/04/2022

Support was excellent the first year or so and during negotiation of renewing our contract but has completely fallen off since then. We have had a few issues in the last week and calling their emergency number just put us on hold for 10 minutes and then automatic disconnect more than 5 times. One of those times was when credit card processing was not working at all which was a huge impact to our business. I did eventually figure it out but a support person probably could have helped fix within a few minutes.

Avantages

Company was very supportive helping onboarding and setting up. Pricing was reasonable for equipment (and discounts to start up). Setting up the system is a little complex but fairly intuitive.

Inconvénients

There is no easy way to re-use different items where you can change a "master" which updates all of that item. Also, reporting is complex (or even non-existent) without very knowledgeable person to download to excel and spend hours manipulating. Cake does not allow third party payment integration (although was one of their selling points). Many features like inventory management, gift cards, etc all come with extra fees and some substantial. Porting to Quickbooks is too complex as well.

Brian

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Owner of 2 bars for 5 years.

Publié le 07/08/2017

Avantages

We were iPad based with our old system which made us slaves to wifi and it went out all the time. There were daily complaints and we had too much revenue for that kind of system so it just didn't work out for us. A POS should just work and CAKE works. It's been about two years since we'e switched and there are never any complaints from the staff anymore. As an owner, I'm a report guy. The backend reports are self-explanatory and extremely comprehensive. It makes it easy to check out what's being given out in discounts and comps, online orders, sales by category, sales by employee, sales by quarter hour, sales vs labor costs, pretty much anything you'd want to know. It makes tax and bookkeeping easier, which is very important to me. The whole system is easy to use, the interface is simple, and as soon as I can I'm going to switch my other bar to CAKE too.

Inconvénients

I don't like the fact that it only reports cash closed on the back end instead of what is actually opened. So I don't get the true sales we are making until the very end of the night.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review Brian! We love reports ourselves, and we're glad the CAKE Point of Sale gives you the reporting you need to run your bar your way.

Thank you for your feedback on reporting. We hear you, and the issue is on our radar.

lorenia

good program

Publié le 09/11/2017

Avantages

When we switched from our old POS to CAKE, we were looking for something faster and easier which is exactly what we got. Our old system had a server and all the data made it super slow. We like having the ipads that take orders faster right at the table. It's a lot easier to update the menu or make changes and I can actually change it from my computer so I don't even have to be in the restaurant. I can do it from home the night before and it'll be ready the next day. I also look at sales reports and employee hours from home a lot too. There's not a lot of user error, and it makes things in general a lot smoother.

Inconvénients

the connection with iPad has to refresh often , that means the waitress has to check iPad before going to tables i am not sure is because the system or our connection is very poor.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

CAKE is happy to hear the Avenue Cafe is working smarter, faster, and more easily with CAKE Point of Sale. We make it simple for you to update your menus and manage your restaurant from anywhere, so you get more done while going about your busy day. It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, if you¿d like to reach out to support@trycake.com we'd be happy to help you work through the issue so your hardware is performing as intended. Thank you for choosing CAKE!

Jaime
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

So Easy to Use!

Publié le 22/11/2017

Avantages

CAKE was our first POS for this location. As far as changing menu items or modifiers or printers it's super easy, hands down way easier than any other program I've used. It's also very easy from a user standpoint for staff members to ring things in and find items. Because it's not overly complicated and just very straightforward it was super easy to get the restaurant up and running when we started out. I use the sales reports and also the time and attendance reports for payroll. It's very convenient to have it as well as remote access. We're also able to see if people delete things prior to payment or after being sent to the kitchen to be made, so we were actually able to catch an employee stealing with that information. Overall I think it's great. If you're thinking about trying it I say go for it. The fees are reasonable, it's nice to have credit card processing straight through it, and when we batch out at the end of the month, we can log in and see easily what the fees were and what we received. I'm very happy with it and would definitely recommend it.

Inconvénients

I honestly do not have anything negative to say. However, adding a stylus to the signature pad would be helpful for guests less savvy with tablets.

Réponse de Mad Mobile

Thank you Jaime for using CAKE for the 8th Street Filling Station. CAKE Point of Sale was built to be intuitive and user-friendly for you restaurant. Our reporting makes it easier for you to make data-backed decisions on how best to run your restaurant. Thank you for recommending CAKE Point of Sale!

Steven

Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Publié le 18/05/2023

The system is awesome with very few issues and the support received is very good and quick. I have had the system for over 2 years and are extremely happy with it.

Avantages

As the owner I like the analytics and reporting. Easy to find and easy to understand. Everything I need to help make educated business decisions. As for the employees using Cake everyday, very user friendly and they love it!

Inconvénients

Occasionally there are random little silly things that come up but there is literally nothing that we don't like about the system.

Kyle

Love CAKE!

Publié le 21/10/2020

Avantages

My restaurant has been open for 4 years. We started with CAKE POS, and have no plans of switching anytime soon! Never had any issues with the hardware, still using the same touchscreen units. Software has been great, never crashes or loses data or info etc. Very user friendly, straightforward. I have personally programmed our menus and modifiers. We use order pads, just the same as base POS, no learning curve there. We added Guest Manager last year, that has been a great addition. CAKE is constantly updating the software, trying to make it better and more beneficial for their customers. Customer Service has always been Fantastic any and every time I have called with any questions, concerns or issues. I recently had a great experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Definitely recommend CAKE!

Inconvénients

Honestly I can't really think of anything glaring. At times we were like "why can't we split a single food item between two guest." But customer service always offered a solution, even temporary, while developers were working on updates for small complaints like that from customers.

Ryan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Overall, it's a piece of CAKE!

Publié le 07/04/2022

We have found that we can easily pull reports (daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly) anytime. Which helps with deciding what menu items to keep or replace. Despite a few hiccups here and there, we were able to overcome them after reaching out to customer service. Our experience has been positive.

Avantages

Ease of adding/deleting menu items. Additionally, that its overall easy to navigate. One of my absolute favorite things though is that if you make any changes and upload them (publish them) it happens quick and easy. There's no having to restart the systems and terminals and then wait for them to reload.

Inconvénients

I really dislike that you cannot re-open a server "check out" once they've clocked out. Many times we have had staff missing receipts and then locate it after they've clocked out. Makes them feel like they worked for free. I've used ALOHA in the past and that was a great, frustration saving, feature.