251 avis

Duo Security

Vérification de l'identité des utilisateurs et découverte de la vulnérabilité des appareils

4,6 /5 (251 avis) Donnez votre avis !

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
251 avis
Daniel J.

It's all about security

Publié le 03/03/2020

Overall, Duo gives me peace of mind knowing that I am the only one that can access my personal data base from log ins and websites. I like knowing that I can approve or reject any log ins from the commodity of my phone.

Avantages

Duo is a great option to keep your personal information secured. I like that it requests security validation before logging into websites, and that you have the option to use the app to sign in to any device with a few taps. It is easy to use once everything has been set up correctly.

Inconvénients

It can be hard to understand at first, and it might seem a little annoying to have to confirm you are the one logging into your websites every time, but it gets easier if you have the app. Another thing Duo could improve on is the fact that it only lets you "remember" one device at a time. Sometimes I need to log in from my work laptop or my personal laptop and it becomes tedious to remember which device I have registered.

Stephen G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Publié le 27/09/2020

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Avantages

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Inconvénients

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Samantha R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Works Well

Publié le 25/02/2021

Duo security works perfectly to add additional security to our login process.

Avantages

I like the simplicity of the multifactor authentication process. It was easy to deploy on our phones and works perfectly each day.

Inconvénients

I do not have any cons to list. This product functions as it should and does the job. Compared to the product that we switched from though, I do feel that DUO provides less security.

Krishna D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Produits pharmaceutiques

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

Publié le 10/03/2020

Avantages

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Inconvénients

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so.

I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Cleydson L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Publié le 19/03/2021

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

Avantages

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

Inconvénients

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

Lightweight, High-Security MFA App

Publié le 04/03/2021

I've really enjoyed using Duo. It quickly became a seamless part of my daily workflow across my organizations single sign-on process in a variety of programs and applications.

Avantages

Our organization implemented Duo for its organization-wide single sign-on multi-factor authentication program in the last year or two. The process of signing up for my account was simple, and since starting, I've almost stopped noticing that I use it. I have it set up to ping my watch to get approval when signing in, but users are able to get phone calls, text messages, or a mobile notification through their app. These options make it flexible enough for users that may not have a smart device, etc.

Inconvénients

Unlike other MFA apps, this does not have an Authenticator feature or any other frills. Admittedly, this isn't a problem – Duo does what it does and does it well without any excess!

Jared M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement

Duo Security User Review

Publié le 06/01/2021

Duo security helps me keep my information secure and safe by creating a simple and user-friendly two device authentication process for accessing information.

Avantages

My favorite part about the software is its ability to connect with my apple watch so that I can quickly approve login requests and access confidential personal information. The two-factor authentication process keeps me at ease about this information remaining secure.

Inconvénients

My least favorite thing about Duo is that sometimes there is a delay on the push notification being sent to my phone. I occasionally experience some lag time and wish I could authorize my account faster.

Sunny F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Duo Security is great for Universities!

Publié le 26/01/2021

My experience has been very good. This is such an easy software to use and it is fast as well.

Avantages

I like how quick and easy it's functionality is. I am in Graduate school for an online Master's program and the University I attend uses Duo Mobile by Duo Security. This allows me to access my student account dashboard online.

Inconvénients

I haven't had any bad experiences with this software. So far, I have not heard of any classmates having issue either. This gives me piece of mind, as grad school is very important and I need to be able to access my info at any given time.

Vera G.

added security with 2 factor authentication

Publié le 18/03/2021

great sense of added security - easy to setup and maintain

Avantages

Very easy to use and setup on smart phone. We use it to authenticate to all applications we use. Give another level of security

Inconvénients

with any other dual authentication - loss of a cell phone or smart device leaves you unable to login without having someone put your login credentials in bypass mode.

• Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Much better than other MFA apps

Publié le 11/03/2021

Overall Duo integrates well with different platforms like Windows, MacOS and linux. Additional capabilities of push notification in mobile app eases the work to authenticate

Avantages

Push based authentication makes it much simpler to authenticate. Additional features like call/text when mobile internet is unavailable is highly recommended

Inconvénients

Initial setup takes time. Also, the process to register a new device is time consuming. For travellers who travel globally, call based authentication might not be best everytime

Barry V.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Publié le 10/12/2019

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

Avantages

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

Inconvénients

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Kalin H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Great Security Software

Publié le 24/09/2019

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Avantages

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Inconvénients

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

John B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Publié le 30/09/2019

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Avantages

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Inconvénients

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Carlos S.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Publié le 21/09/2019

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Avantages

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Inconvénients

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Mirza R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Génie mécanique ou industriel

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Publié le 06/10/2020

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

Avantages

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

Inconvénients

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Cory C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Cabinet d'avocats

Easy to Use and Effective

Publié le 22/09/2020

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

Avantages

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

Inconvénients

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

• Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité

Best Two Factor Identification App

Publié le 27/11/2018

Avantages

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Inconvénients

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Increase the security of your accounts

Publié le 15/04/2020

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Avantages

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Inconvénients

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

Anindita S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Recherche

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Duo Security is important

Publié le 01/07/2019

Avantages

I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Inconvénients

Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

Scott C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

An added layer of security when working remotely

Publié le 05/05/2020

Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Avantages

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Inconvénients

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

• Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Easy Two-Factor Authentication

Publié le 24/09/2020

Duo Security would be in my list of top-ten "essential" apps for smart devices.

Avantages

My employer uses Duo Security for two-factor authentication when logging into HR-related software or, more recently, Covid-testing & compliance. Two-factor authentication is the gold standard for login security. Duo mobile immediately sends a push to my smart device (phone, watch, etc.) where I approve the login request. I am consistently amazed at the speed of two-factor authentication; as soon as I approve the login, Duo confirms and logs me in. It makes two-factor authentication nearly effortless.

Inconvénients

Those using multiple accounts for multiple employers may have to shuffle with the software a bit, but it is nothing overwhelming.

• Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Duo Security will make your account secure

Publié le 29/10/2019

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Avantages

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

Inconvénients

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

Jen V.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Publié le 09/12/2019

Duo helps us to maintain a secure login to our sites. We use it to access payroll information, reports, our shared drive, and other things you want extra security around.

Avantages

I like the fact the fact that Duo is so easy to use. You can it up to verify in different ways - through an app, a call, or email. I sue the app which I love. A simple swipe and accept and you are in your site securely. For computers that are secure and you use regularly you can have it remember you for 30 days which is very convenient for sites you use multiple times a day.

Inconvénients

I really don't have any complains about the software. It works great for my purposes. The only thing I have heard people complain about is just two step verification in general.

• Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications

2FA For the Enterprise

Publié le 05/09/2018

We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Avantages

Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Inconvénients

Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Tara F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Work safely from home with Duo

Publié le 27/07/2020

Overall my experience with Duo Security has been positive. Working with 3 different agencies that use Duo, I have not experienced any negative issues.

Avantages

Working with highly sensitive personal data, we require the highest protection and security when working in office and working remotely from home. Integrating Duo with VPN has helped us confidently connect to our shared documentation. The 2-factor authentication helps lower risk of data breaches but verifying identity of the user. Duo is also used while in office to again confirm identity before allowing access to a vast amount of sensitive data.

Inconvénients

I have not yet experienced issues with Duo and continue to use it daily as I am currently working remotely.