Duo Security

Vérification de l'identité des utilisateurs et découverte de la vulnérabilité des appareils

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

349 avis

Matthew B.

Simplified Security

Publié le 26/04/2022

I enjoy the endpoint security perspective of the application coupled with the simplistic user interface - this is very good for non-tech users working remotely.

Avantages

I like that Duo let's you know what might compromise your experience on a platform. It tells you to upgrade your android/iOS handset and gives a severity level. This is great from an endpoint security perspective.

Inconvénients

At times - the app takes a little time to prompt the user that an attempt is being made. This may be a function of slow infrastructure, but it is hard to assess.

Karan preet S.
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

One of the most amazing Security tools in the market

Publié le 23/03/2022

Avantages

Easy to use. Allows smooth and detailed authentication of unknown users which protect the company from cyber frauds. Very secured tool by cisco and widely deployed in many organisations. Their application on mobile is also smooth and great. It protects user's data in the safest way

Inconvénients

Third party integrations with tools and software in which we want to add MFA or authentication can be hard sometimes due to compatibility issues with this tool. Secondly, there are lots of tools in market which provide similar features and IT security protection in cheaper prices.

Aaron I.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

If DUO doesn't work, expect your company to be shut down for an unknown amount of time

Publié le 04/04/2022

I was solving authentication, I will be investigating switching to another MFA solution as soon as possible.

Avantages

Our company switched Managed Service Providers, and we used DUO. When we switched over, DUO authentication stopped working. We had multiple users who DUO simply stopped working for. We and our MSP were unable to contact DUO support after multiple hours. I did get through to a person who put the phone down and appeared to be watching a video on YouTube in the background for about 10 minutes and then hung up on me. This had a serious negative impact on our business and I'm surprised that we were unable to get anyone to assist at all with such a business critical feature.

Inconvénients

That when support is needed you can spend multiple hours on hold without any assistance. When someone does actually pick up the pick up the phone and place it on their desk and do not actually answer the call.

Wendy Z.
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A must have for security and log in authentication

Publié le 15/02/2022

Definitely very satisfied with it. It is a very universal and must needed tool for companies to use at work to ensure their log ins do not get hacked by other people as the notification is sent directly to you and no one else. It is very user friendly and very straight forward. A must download!

Avantages

I use this daily at work when I log into my work email and work related websites. It is a very handy program (I download the app onto my phone) and whenever I log in, it would send a ping to my app on my phone which I then use to approve the log in, and then it allows me to log in. This is a sure way to prevent others from hacking into your log and ensures the highest level of security. All the employees at my company/hospital use it and we all highly recommend it! It is very straightforward and very easy to use!

Inconvénients

None whatsoever, the program is so user friendly and very straightforward. Definitely a must have for security use for logging in at work or public computers.

Samer Y.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services juridiques
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Security on all levels for your business with DUO Security

Publié le 30/03/2022

Overall this software is ideal for any business that wants to limit users on platforms and software. I highly recommend it.

Avantages

The DUO app and software is quick and easy to use and does what they advertise - they only let in approved users to the platform or software. My work is completely safe and allows my clients to know that their information is handled with caution and is not given to third parties.

Inconvénients

I would love the best of their software to be free but at less than five dollars a month per user you can't ask for more really. There is a free version out there for the cost conscious.

Shari G.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001-10 000 employés

Nice Little Authenticator App

Publié le 05/05/2022

Avantages

It's quite simple and easy to incorporate into simple software/systems that require multiple user access. Easy to add systems and accounts to its setup and easy to navigate.

Inconvénients

It doesn't allow for automatic pushes to be sent once you are trying to log into a software or system. So you have to click to send the push every time and with the experience of other authenticator apps, you might end up forgetting you have to manually pushing it.

Whitney R.
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Excellent authentication tool

Publié le 09/04/2022

I travel often for work, and I log in to internal systems from different devices somewhat frequently. As long as I have my phone or the fob with me, Duo makes this very simple. I've never heard a colleague complain about it or have anything but positive things to say about how seamless it is. A quick tap of your phone screen or key in a passcode, and you're in business.

Avantages

Duo makes multi-factor authentication super simple. The app makes verification seamless on your iPhone or Android device, and the fobs may be used without the app. Duo can also text or call users to authenticate, and you can save your preference for 30-day intervals. It's an easy way to be secure and provide piece of mind for the entire organization.

Inconvénients

Nothing - everything I've experienced with Duo has been good.

Michael G.
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

A Good 2FA Alternative

Publié le 31/03/2022

It speeds up authentication.

Avantages

Instead of email or texting 2FA codes, this platform can provide authentication codes to be used for access to platforms. It saves time and frustration by not having to wait for communication.

Inconvénients

It requires everyone install an application on their personal device to use, which can be off-putting to some.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Effortless way to enhance security

Publié le 05/04/2022

Avantages

The speed Duo Mobile can push a notification to a mobile device is almost instant. This is much appreciated as it allows users to securely access necessary platforms without taking much time at all.

Inconvénients

Experienced some difficulties when trying to add multi-factor authentication to a shared departmental account.

Wade M.
  • Secteur d'activité : Machines
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

DUO Security

Publié le 22/03/2022

VPN was a big security hole for our business the DUo MFA has solved. Overall, we are pleased with the results.

Avantages

This software allows us to use MFA to secure our VPN and add an additional layer of security

Inconvénients

Integration took some time to setup. It was not quite as simple as originally described. Support was eventually helpful in helping us over come it. There are some bugs where the MFA does not signal to the users app. We are still investigating the cause of this.

Barry V.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Publié le 10/12/2019

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

Avantages

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

Inconvénients

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Alternatives envisagées

RSA SecurID

Pourquoi passer à Duo Security

Pricing
Kalin H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Great Security Software

Publié le 24/09/2019

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Avantages

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Inconvénients

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

John B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Publié le 30/09/2019

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Avantages

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Inconvénients

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Gayan N.

Hassle free two-factor authenticator

Publié le 22/06/2021

Avantages

Regardless of the technology or platform which are targeting to integrate the multi-factor authentication Duo Security provides the flexibility to integrate with the largely used identity platforms/providers. The use of the app is very easy and convenient with the enablement of biometric authentication. For the authorization process, it takes just one click. The app is that user-friendly. Not like other application available Duo is really easy to use and integrate.

Inconvénients

Nothing that I can think of that I like least.

Linda D.
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Duo Security a MUST have!

Publié le 13/03/2022

The software was literally installed in less than 5 minutes with the help of our IT departments. Multiple questions along with your personal log in allows this to serve as a protection not only for the clients we serve but for me as well should anyone ever attempt to access using my identity.

Avantages

This process is ABSOLUTELY a must have in todays cyber world. Using a dual authentication system to access your internet services was easy to set up and even easier to install and use. Any work environment where sensitive or personal data, demographics, or financial information should all be required to provide their employees with this type of DUO security. It is installed easily with the use of your IT department and changes, revisions, updates are also handled by them as well. It truly is a better way to make sure we are doing all we can to keep our internet and services safe.

Inconvénients

Honestly I had no issue with the install or the software.

Carlos S.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Publié le 21/09/2019

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Avantages

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Inconvénients

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Mirza R.
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Publié le 06/10/2020

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

Avantages

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

Inconvénients

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Stephen G.
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Publié le 27/09/2020

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Avantages

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Inconvénients

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Alternatives envisagées

Google Workspace

Pourquoi passer à Duo Security

G Suite SAML login was more difficult to implement in very specific situations than simply purchasing Duo. In the future, the goal is to move to a more BeyondCorp style model where each specific application can use SAML and not rely on Duo
Anindita S.
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Duo Security: Secure yes but keep phone close

Publié le 16/04/2022

Maybe Duo should incorporate other ways to allow access alongside mobile devices. The reason being many a time mobile phones are not connected to the internet or not in the vicinity.

Avantages

Our university switched to Duo securities some time back for authentication purposes. Security, of course, increased several folds. Also, Duo allowed multiple login/authentication. The enhanced security becomes very prudent when dealing with sensitive data.

Inconvénients

Be ready to keep your mobile phone close to you when you want to access the accounts that need authentication via duo. My biggest issue is the extreme dependence on mobile phones. If the phone is lost or not in your vicinity, it becomes cumbersome to log in. Also, once you login the software sends a push notification to your mobile. The duration that push notification remains active is significantly less. There have been many instances when a notification was pushed to my mobile device, and my device was not within my reach. By the time I retrieve my device, the push notification expired.

Cory C.
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinet d'avocats

Easy to Use and Effective

Publié le 22/09/2020

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

Avantages

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

Inconvénients

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

Juliette R.
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Review from Student

Publié le 12/08/2021

Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

Avantages

Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

Inconvénients

I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

Alec P.
  • Secteur d'activité : Semi-conducteurs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Duo is a standard and effective tool for secure access

Publié le 29/04/2021

Duo security is my main program for two factor authentication, and I will continue to use it for this! I like how simple and easy to use it is, and I am thankful that I can trust this program to help secure my accounts.

Avantages

I like how simple and straightforward Duo is as a tool -- when I need to connect to a program requiring two factor authentication, I can simply attempt the login and Duo prompts me via my phone, which I can then authorize. I like how simple and straightforward this tool is, and I am grateful that it helps me secure access to my private accounts.

Inconvénients

What I like least about Duo is how limited the features are of this tool. Sometimes I need to connect to an account using Duo but don't have internet on my phone, and I wish Duo provided alternatives for authentication via computer or phone, but this program lacks these features.

• Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité

Best Two Factor Identification App

Publié le 27/11/2018

Avantages

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Inconvénients

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Increase the security of your accounts

Publié le 15/04/2020

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Avantages

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Inconvénients

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

Cleydson L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Publié le 19/03/2021

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

Avantages

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

Inconvénients

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting