291 avis

Duo Security

Vérification de l'identité des utilisateurs et découverte de la vulnérabilité des appareils

4,6 /5 (291 avis) Donnez votre avis !

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
291 avis
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Duo Security will make your account secure

Publié le 29/10/2019

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Avantages

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

Inconvénients

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

• Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Easy Two-Factor Authentication

Publié le 24/09/2020

Duo Security would be in my list of top-ten "essential" apps for smart devices.

Avantages

My employer uses Duo Security for two-factor authentication when logging into HR-related software or, more recently, Covid-testing & compliance. Two-factor authentication is the gold standard for login security. Duo mobile immediately sends a push to my smart device (phone, watch, etc.) where I approve the login request. I am consistently amazed at the speed of two-factor authentication; as soon as I approve the login, Duo confirms and logs me in. It makes two-factor authentication nearly effortless.

Inconvénients

Those using multiple accounts for multiple employers may have to shuffle with the software a bit, but it is nothing overwhelming.

Daniel J.

It's all about security

Publié le 03/03/2020

Overall, Duo gives me peace of mind knowing that I am the only one that can access my personal data base from log ins and websites. I like knowing that I can approve or reject any log ins from the commodity of my phone.

Avantages

Duo is a great option to keep your personal information secured. I like that it requests security validation before logging into websites, and that you have the option to use the app to sign in to any device with a few taps. It is easy to use once everything has been set up correctly.

Inconvénients

It can be hard to understand at first, and it might seem a little annoying to have to confirm you are the one logging into your websites every time, but it gets easier if you have the app. Another thing Duo could improve on is the fact that it only lets you "remember" one device at a time. Sometimes I need to log in from my work laptop or my personal laptop and it becomes tedious to remember which device I have registered.

Anindita S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Recherche

Duo Security is important

Publié le 01/07/2019

Avantages

I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Inconvénients

Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

• Secteur d'activité: Hôtellerie

Secure but Time-Sensitive

Publié le 04/05/2021

Avantages

I use Duo on a daily basis to login to my company's VPN and again for internal company resources. Once it's setup it's pretty easy to use. I appreciate that it syncs with my phone so I can just click a button on my phone to ensure it is me.

Inconvénients

I have to login to Duo twice a day and I usually do it at the same time. If I do them too closely together, one of them will say it timed out and I have to start the process all over. If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo. It did not recognize my new phone and kept sending my codes to my old phone. It was a frustrating process to reconfigure everything to log on for work. On top of that, I don't love that I have to use my personal device to log on to my work device. It's another app that takes up space on my personal phone.

Scott C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

An added layer of security when working remotely

Publié le 05/05/2020

Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Avantages

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Inconvénients

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

Cleydson L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Publié le 19/03/2021

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

Avantages

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

Inconvénients

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Increase the security of your accounts

Publié le 15/04/2020

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Avantages

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Inconvénients

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

• Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité

Best Two Factor Identification App

Publié le 27/11/2018

Avantages

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Inconvénients

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

Cory C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Cabinet d'avocats

Easy to Use and Effective

Publié le 22/09/2020

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

Avantages

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

Inconvénients

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

Mirza R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Génie mécanique ou industriel

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Publié le 06/10/2020

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

Avantages

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

Inconvénients

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Carlos S.

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Publié le 21/09/2019

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Avantages

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Inconvénients

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

John B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Publié le 30/09/2019

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Avantages

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Inconvénients

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Kalin H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Great Security Software

Publié le 24/09/2019

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Avantages

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Inconvénients

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

Barry V.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Publié le 10/12/2019

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

Avantages

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

Inconvénients

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Felicia T.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement

Duo Security Daily User Experience

Publié le 31/07/2021

I use this on a daily basis and find it to be an easy and secure way to keep my identity and access safe while signing into a secure server on a daily basis.

Avantages

I have found that this software is easy to use and implement on a variety of devices. While using it, I feel a sense of security and safety in regards to my data and identity being protected.

Inconvénients

There are times when there is a delay in the sign in process and it quickly disappears, so you have to log in quickly to authenticate.

Blessen sam M.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Essential security especially for WFH

Publié le 14/06/2021

Excellent security app that gives us peace of mind that all our data is super secure.

Avantages

Duo helps us to login securely from anywhere to our work system. With the mobile app and tfa it's very secure and easy to use.

Inconvénients

I personally as a user did not face any issues with it. I set it up once and never had to redo anything. Its one of that apps which does it's job well.

Michael F.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Easy access to protected tools

Publié le 07/07/2021

I have enjoyed using Duo to access documents ad join the company VPN

Avantages

Duo instantly sends a push to my phone and is easy to quick through. I set it up in just a few minutes more than a year ago and have not had to make changes since

Inconvénients

Occasionally there is a delay between sending the push and it getting to my phone. When this occurs I will send a second one and do not have a problem

Hannah D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Administration publique

Versatile and Secure

Publié le 15/07/2021

I feel much more secure with many of my accounts. It provides as overall sense of ease and security.

Avantages

Duo security has an easy to use app that can serve as a two-factor identification hub for many types of accounts. I find it especially useful for protecting email and bank accounts. The push notifications are convenient for managing login in attempts and ensuring accounts are not compromised.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the notifications are not immediate, and the login in attempt can time out. The software doesn't function well if network connection is poor.

James H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

An Extra Layer of Security

Publié le 25/04/2021

Overall, it's been a great experience. We implemented it so that we could have unified MFA over multiple platforms--VMware and M365, for example. It also gives users who don't want to use an app on their phone the option of using a hardware key. Setup and integration isn't too rough and the support is excellent.

Avantages

Being able to manage multi-factor authentication from a single point is the biggest benefit to this software. When you have disparate systems, all offering their own implementation of MFA, management becomes an issue. Duo solves that issue.

Inconvénients

The administration interface takes a while to get used to. If you stay away from it for a while (when no one has any issues with it) it takes a bit to re-orient yourself.

Samantha R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité

Works Well

Publié le 25/02/2021

Duo security works perfectly to add additional security to our login process.

Avantages

I like the simplicity of the multifactor authentication process. It was easy to deploy on our phones and works perfectly each day.

Inconvénients

I do not have any cons to list. This product functions as it should and does the job. Compared to the product that we switched from though, I do feel that DUO provides less security.

Alec P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Semi-conducteurs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Duo is a standard and effective tool for secure access

Publié le 29/04/2021

Duo security is my main program for two factor authentication, and I will continue to use it for this! I like how simple and easy to use it is, and I am thankful that I can trust this program to help secure my accounts.

Avantages

I like how simple and straightforward Duo is as a tool -- when I need to connect to a program requiring two factor authentication, I can simply attempt the login and Duo prompts me via my phone, which I can then authorize. I like how simple and straightforward this tool is, and I am grateful that it helps me secure access to my private accounts.

Inconvénients

What I like least about Duo is how limited the features are of this tool. Sometimes I need to connect to an account using Duo but don't have internet on my phone, and I wish Duo provided alternatives for authentication via computer or phone, but this program lacks these features.

Krishna D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Produits pharmaceutiques

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

Publié le 10/03/2020

Avantages

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Inconvénients

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so.

I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Stephen G.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Publié le 27/09/2020

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Avantages

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Inconvénients

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Gayan N.

Hassle free two-factor authenticator

Publié le 22/06/2021

Avantages

Regardless of the technology or platform which are targeting to integrate the multi-factor authentication Duo Security provides the flexibility to integrate with the largely used identity platforms/providers. The use of the app is very easy and convenient with the enablement of biometric authentication. For the authorization process, it takes just one click. The app is that user-friendly. Not like other application available Duo is really easy to use and integrate.

Inconvénients

Nothing that I can think of that I like least.