Marketing 360

4,6 (1 028)
Plateforme marketing pour les entreprises de toutes tailles

Note globale

4,6 /5
(1 028)
Rapport qualité-prix
4,4/5
Fonctionnalités
4,5/5
Simplicité d'utilisation
4,5/5
Support client
4,7/5

91%
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

1028 avis

Janvier
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Informatique et sécurité réseau
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Marketing

Publié le 16/12/2022

SMS Marketing 360 facilite la création de campagnes par SMS et est une application formidable

Avantages

SMS Marketing 360 facilite la création de campagnes par SMS ainsi que la simplicité

Inconvénients

Juste l'amélioration de l'interface sinon rien de concret

Romain
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Développement et commerce international
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Satisfaction et recommandation

Publié le 08/12/2022

Avec ce logiciel j'arrive à résoudre le problème de perte des clients potentiels. Souvent j'arrive même à gérer mes entré et sorti de produits

Avantages

Le produit est très facile a utiliser. Lorsque la connexion est bonne. Il me permet de regrouper mes contacts

Inconvénients

Je crois que toutes les fonctionnalités sont nécessaires. Cependant souvent c'est la lenteur surtout avec windows 7

Aristide
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Félicitation au concepteur

Publié le 27/12/2022

Il est superbe cool à utiliser

Avantages

C'est un n logiciel bien conçu pour évoluer en marketing

Inconvénients

Pas grand chose quand même mais, juste que c'est aussi en anglais

Sandra
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Marketing that comes full circle ;)

Publié le 05/12/2018

When they say they are the #1 marketing platform for small business, I truly believe they are right. I have been using Marketing 360 for years, and without it I would not have been able to build my company providing consultant marketing work for small business to what it is today!

Avantages

Marketing 360 does most of the work for you; sign up your business and you get paired with a marketing consultant on their end, who helps you break down all the metrics provided through their platform. Their visual representations are far superior to any marketing software I have seen -- think Google analytics, but more visually appealing.

Inconvénients

I am sure it has a bit of a steep learning curve for new users & non-marketers. We used to give clients a portal to check out their businesses' marketing needs, etc. first hand -- but some complained that it was over-complicated, so we do not provide these anymore. However, as a graduate in Marketing at MSU, I had not problem navigating any of the resources provided; I am sure that any new user could learn the process within days.

Coach KENYA
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The CRM soft ware is not difficult to understand. For me it's about TIME BLOCKING ....

Publié le 14/09/2021

I enjoy my team [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. The entire experience from start until now has been professional. I like having the support. Speaking weekly is invaluable.

Avantages

The CRM soft ware is not difficult to understand. For me it's about TIME BLOCKING and actually taking the time to learn and push buttons. It's kind of like having a new cell phone. You learn new features along the way. I liked that everything is at your finger tips

Inconvénients

Maybe it was me. Maybe it was system interface errors. Not often but sometimes languages simply were not communicating. That's when you walk away and go have Margaritas. This happens in every situation where Tech is involved. Nothing to be concerned about .

Réponse de Madwire Traduire en français

Hi, Coach Kenya. So glad to hear you've enjoyed working with our team. Please let us know if there's ever anything specific in the platform that is giving you errors or putting you into a margarita-induced state. Our tech team definitely wants to know about that stuff so we can address them. We're looking forward to working with you for years to come!

Starène Juldanie
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Télécommunications
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Choosing Marketing360 Software

Publié le 08/01/2023

Avantages

It is a well designed software to boost and intensify sales while marketing a product.

Inconvénients

Not much apart from the fact that the software is just in English so French speakers have a hard time using it

Leif
Note globale
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT HIRING MARKETING360, YOU NEED TO READ THIS REVIEW

Publié le 10/03/2018

Avantages

There are only two pros:
1) First and foremost, my contract with Marketing360 is finally over.
2) I was forced to learn everything about sales and marketing that I was trying to delegate.

Inconvénients

Honestly, I didn't want to write this review. I tried to forget about it and just accept my poor decision, but I just can't. I've been done working with the company for nearly a month now and it still bothers me.

Why? Well, I feel it's my public duty to save my fellow entrepreneurs from the jaws of deceit, empty promises, and weekends filled with bashing your head against your computer monitor.

To be perfectly frank, you'd be better off lighting your money on fire than hiring Marketing360 - at least doing so would spare you months of frustration, anger, and disappointment. Hiring them was the worst decision I've ever made.

Their sales guys were a bit pushy, but raised no red flags. The issues started after I signed my contract.

They convinced me that my website needed to be redone, so we embarked on a 2-month search for fool's gold. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that their web designers build their customer's websites on the back of a clunky, archaic platform that they call "UXI."

I have used Squarespace, Wix, Wordpress, Leadpages, and ClickFunnels, so I know a thing or two about website builders. UXI is unspeakably bad.

And the worst thing is that they can literally hold your website hostage - should you decide to part ways with them - because they have total control over the backend.

It took them over 2 months to "optimize my website for conversions" on UXI. I repeatedly requested access to the backend of this website during these 2 months and they told me that they couldn't allow me to do that because they were afraid that I would "break the site." Finally, my marketing executive relented and jokingly told me on a call that "if you break it, you bought it", referring to the complex UXi platform. She then conceded that their developers have trouble using it. Their developers!!

Who in their right mind would want to run their business website on a custom platform that its developers have trouble using?

At this point, I quickly learned how dreadful the whole platform was. Plus, the initial designs were complete garbage. I had to re-design my entire site myself using Wordpress and I did it over a weekend. It took me less than 48 hours to do the exact same thing that was taking them over 2 months!

At every step in the design, the Marketing360 team pushed back on my requests for edits. To them, this was a get-in-and-out, cookie-cutter, copy-and-paste job, while to me, my website is the face of my awesome company - my livelihood - and I truly cared how it represented me and my brand. I wanted it to be welcoming and thoughtful, not a clunky, "conversion-optimized" mess.

Things only went downhill from there.

Response time was generally about a day, which - in many parts of the country - is longer than Amazon takes to deliver your order. Even worse, they take off weekends, so if something goes wrong with an ad over the weekend, you're screwed. This ruined many of my weekends.

My marking executive did not deliver any ad mock-ups on time and she required so much hand-holding that I eventually just spoon fed her all of the ad copy, audience targeting segmentation, and literally everything else.

Just to be clear, I want to say that again...I quickly realized that the only way I could contain my losses in this terrible business relationship was to do all of the ads myself. I made ALL the landing pages, ALL of the copy, ALL of the ad images, created ALL the audiences, EVERYTHING! I had to even teach myself how to do Facebook retargeting, which was the major reason I hired them in the first place.

They require you to sign a 6-month contract and if you decide that you want out, they'll charge you an early termination fee. So, I just kept paying them to spend my money.

Marketing360 basically just worked as my Facebook ad bank, boosting my ads with the money that I gave them. Except this bank charges you thousands of dollars to help you waste your money.

As a 25-year-old who supports his "side hustle" business by working full time as an engineer, this essentially meant that I was just burning through my savings.

Shortly thereafter, my marketing executive sent me an email to tell me that she was leaving the company. I don't know if she quit or was fired, but I can't say I was surprised.

My new marketing executive began working with me 2 weeks before a huge product launch that I had been working on for months. This was basically a make-or-break product launch for my business that was on life support. Ironically, my useless marketing budget was to blame.

My new marketing executive was far better (hence the 2 stars), but the rocky relationship and abysmal results continued.

On January 23rd, 2018, I asked for a refund of all the unused ad credits that I hadn't spent.

In my contract, I was required to pay per month, of which went to ad credits. Little did I know that they actually skim off a percentage of all the ad credits spend to manage the ads. Something that was not spelled out in the contract.

When I asked to just take my unspent marketing budget and walk away, his management flatly declined despite us being outside of the 6-month contract window.

Their reason?? They said that they "want the opportunity to win my business back." I told them that there was nothing they could do to mend the relationship, and they still declined.

I even offered to pay them their "ad premium" (the percentage of money that they scrape off the top of every marketing dollar they spend for you - this was NOT mentioned at all in the contract by the way) on all but they still refused. I had to spend on underperforming ads just to burn through my money because the alternative was them simply keeping it.

And I say "underperforming ads" because I launched the EXACT SAME ADS (same images, videos, copy, targeting) and mine consistently had a 1,000% to 3,000% higher conversion. I showed them data from multiple ads proving this and they gave me the runaround every time.

Unbelievable. The icing on the cake was spending of my "creative hour credits" to one of their video editors for a 20-second promo clip and they sent me an unfinished version and told me that they burned through all the credits. They said I would have to pay them /hour to finish it. This doesn't make any sense because I provided all of the footage and told them precisely how I wanted it to be edited. Another thing that I ended up doing myself in a few hours.

If you scroll down to reviews left in August, you will see that I left a positive review. Well, I wish I could delete it, but I can't. The reason I left this review is that they hounded me for a review from week 1. After a handful of email requests to leave a review in the first month, I begrudgingly did because I didn't want to damage our already fragile relationship.

If you scroll down, you will see that there are NUMEROUS 1-star reviews, but for some reason, those reviews don't get factored into their perfect "5-star" score.

The only thing worse than the I wasted on this company was the stress and aggravation that plagued me on a daily basis. Once famously quipped that building a company is like "eating glass and staring into the abyss" - well obviously Elon has never hired Marketing360, because his entrepreneurial experience would have been worse.

One final point that you need to embrace: sales and marketing is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of your business. I wish businesses succeeded or failed by the quality of their product and service alone, but unfortunately, that's not the case. For the good of your business, you MUST NOT delegate your sales and marketing. If you are in the early stages of your business, this is even more important. You need to know that not all 20-somethings with an iPhone and 1,000 followers on Instagram know how to market in the digital world. If you can't market your business and sell your vision, don't expect someone to be able to do it for you.

If you know how to log into Facebook, then you can figure out how to make your own ads. I taught myself in the past 6 months and I've gotten pretty good.

Over the course of 8 months, Marketing360 did not help me to make a single sale. I spent working with Marketing360 with nothing to show for it.

I messed up, but you don't have to. Please do your homework and think long and hard about this decision.

I wish you all the best in your entrepreneurial endeavors.

Kendra
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Assurance
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great Marketing Tool

Publié le 17/11/2022

Love [SENSITIVE CONTENT] , He is amazing to work with

Avantages

It works great for a drip system campains

Inconvénients

A little difficult to use but once you figure it out it is easy

Alternatives envisagées 

EZLynx

Pourquoi choisir Marketing 360 

Price and ease of use with the personal attention from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] .

Pourquoi passer à Marketing 360

Ease of use and flexibility
Clément
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Marketing 360

Publié le 21/11/2022

Avantages

It is very important that works together the payment processing is also fast it is a good software that increases my sales

Inconvénients

It's customer support is not professional and it's a little bit expensive but it's ok

Serge
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Production audiovisuelle
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Marketing 360 review

Publié le 27/11/2022

Avantages

The software is very easy to use and allows for very successful emailing campaigns

Inconvénients

No problem encountered in the use of this software I highly recommend

Stephane
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Good tool to improve the quality of customer service

Publié le 12/01/2023

Avantages

It's a good tool that allows me to reach and pass releases to a specific population.

Inconvénients

sometimes bad customer service, some errors that created problems in our SEO.

Tanisha
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Pros and cons of marketing 360

Publié le 29/10/2022

Avantages

Fairly simple to use, and functional. It also sends automatic messages as reminders I would say.

Inconvénients

Customer support very low. It's very expensive

Kostadinka
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Transport routier/ferroviaire
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Amazing software!

Publié le 30/11/2022

My overall experience is pretty great.

Avantages

The software is very easy to use and has a lot of tips on using it available.

Inconvénients

Sometimes emails that aren't spam go to spam.

Brian
Note globale
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Very robust platform

Publié le 04/04/2017

In May of 2016, we decided to work with Madwire's Marketing360 software/platform after both a bad previous experience with another company and some thorough internet research. As a niche business with very little experience and history managing any advertising/marketing campaigns, we had many questions regarding the software. Fortunately, we worked with Customer support representatives, who worked very hard to provide honest feedback and guidance on our campaign to start. Now that we have become familiar with the software, we really look forward to continue using the platform as we expand our business.

Avantages

The data delivered to users is both extremely relevant and timely
The customer login/portal/dashboard is very user-friendly and easy to understand. As a caveat, I am from a younger generation that grew up using technology on a daily basis.

Inconvénients

-In the past, there were occasional reporting discrepancies when running daily reports for a given month and comparing the amounts to the same MTD reports over time (i.e. Daily ad spend / visits / conversions). However, when comparing daily reports for multiple months over time to MTD reports, the discrepancies were not a problem. Fortunately, this was a very MINOR technical issue that did not significantly impact our experience with the software.

-Occasionally, we would receive "internal server error" messages when logging into the old portal during the evenings, which resulted in no data being visible. This does not appear to be an issue with the updated software.

Réponse de Madwire Traduire en français

Brian, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're glad you've found the platform easy to navigate. Continue giving us your input and ideas. We're always improving our products and services. Thanks for your business!

Drew
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great software Great people

Publié le 10/10/2019

Great, Surprised by the team that is available with one phone call, email or text. When hiring Marketing 360 we had no idea of the literal team of 25+ people specifically assigned to our account. From basic social media stuff to 3D rendered product explainer videos they have the best in the business to tackle any task you throw at them.

Avantages

The best part about this software is the ongoing support you will get with the madwire team. Our assigned Marketing Executive provided insight for our campaigns and general direction of the business, constant trouble shooting and live support for our technical questions.

Inconvénients

There are no cons, we literally utilize everything.

Réponse de Madwire Traduire en français

Thank you so much for the outstanding review Drew! We appreciate the fact that our people and software are exceeding your expectations. We work very hard to help small businesses like yours succeed. Not only will we continue to offer the superior service, but are continually working to make our software even more user friendly. Thanks again Drew!

Brad
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great Knowledgeable Team!

Publié le 22/10/2019

Lets start with this, WOW. I'm extremely impressed with the most recent revisions to the website and the blog post! Very impressive how much It appears your team has learned about my industry and our company from simple notes found from our website. I went through and made tiny adjustments throughout the site but the snippets for google were perfect the blog post was very personal and I could go on and on I'm extremely happy with what had been done.
We took a video today but we are low on utility trailers and want to re film after our inventory arrives but this is to serve as a temporary and test video next one I'll have the creative team work magic on. Seriously get yourselves some good lunch or something LOL, let boss man know! As promised it is taking off and extremely excited for what else is to come in the future and what executives can work now they have a great website to send all of my leads to! Thanks again!!!

Avantages

Very Easy to use Great CRM, Great Marketing Dashboard.

Inconvénients

Little More Transparency would be nice is the dashboard.

Réponse de Madwire Traduire en français

Thank you so much for the glowing review Brad! We feel in order to be fully integrated into your team we need to learn as much about your business as possible. Our primary focus is the growth of your business and for that we need to be able to communicate effectively with your audience. Our content marketing team is incredible at providing marketable content and blogs. You saying that our content made you "extremely happy" is a huge compliment and for that, we thank you. We are thrilled that you are seeing results already and can't wait to see even more growth from your business in the future. Thanks again Brad and thank you for choosing Marketing 360 to be part of your digital marketing strategy.

Brandon
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

No Other Systems Or Agency Compares

Publié le 04/04/2017

Powerful Tools, Team, & Service. I've partnered my Agency with MadWire after reviewing the "all in one system", pricing, team, and tools, it all far surpasses anything anyone can piece together. All systems plugging in and integrating to one powerful marketing back end allows you to see every bit of data and analytics at the click of the button.

You would have to subscribe to, buy, or integrate over 25 tools alone, the ability to track every aspect of call, click, CTA, conversion, call capture, client CRM, demographic, analytics, and pair it with the front end site, design, SEO campaign and more, it works unbelievably.

I manage multiple clients with MadWire, they allowed me to start my clients off with a small budget and work them up in a matter of a few months. The client fear and trepidation for spending more marketing dollars was gone when very quickly clients saw qualified leads coming directly to their brand.

MadWire helps me build my clients to 5 and 6 figure monthly income earners in record time. Thank you for the awesome service and continuous updates and value you keep bringing to the table! I urge you to review the power you get behind MadWire.

Avantages

Fully Systems, Analytics and Advertising Back End Integration, I see everything happening at every moment.

Inconvénients

Nothing yet, for their new system is adding in the features I wanted which was Email Marketing on top of the CRM, but I love it.

Hannah
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great software - Totally aware of our marketing spend and emails campaigns

Publié le 02/04/2019

This software and company has been great to work with. Our marketing exec, representative has helped our business to grow and he's taught us a lot about marketing in the process. I appreciate a company and exec that takes time to make sure we know what is going on, what is working well, and areas that the company can improve on.

Avantages

We utilize the email marketing software in a big way. We run automations for all of the products that we sell and the Marketing360 software allows easy tracking and great insight to reach our customers even better. I also like that I can see where every dollar is spent. I can see every ad, every keyword, every detail about our demographic that we're targeting... very helpful and transparent.

Inconvénients

It can be a little glitchy... like the numbers are sometimes off or it will say that it is signing everyone up for every email list in the CRM portion but then automatically unsubscribes them. This hasn't affected anything negatively, but it is a little confusing sometimes.

Brian
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Awesome experience!!

Publié le 09/08/2016

We have been with 3 different SEO/Web Optimization companies in the past 4 years and I can tell you with absolute confidence that Madwire is the BEST out there. Our Account Rep, Julian, is outstanding and we literally feel like he is one of our employees (for a fraction of the cost of course, shhh!). These guys and ladies are the OPPOSITE of hands-off, and the communications I receive from their team are often and effective...almost daily. In fact, usually I am the one holding things up as they wait on deliverables from us. Julian and his team are constantly looking for ways to optimize our budget and drive more (and better) traffic to our website. Yes, we had to increase our initial budget with them by 4-5X within 6 months of signing a contract (as they helped us set a realistic budget to meet our overall revenue goals), but it's all for a good cause. After all, if as a business owner you are seeing an exponential ROI, you would be crazy not to increase your budget, right? Unless you don't want to grow your business. And again, I feel like every dollar we spend is being put to good use with Madwire. I can't say enough good things about them.

Our future looks bright now that we finally found an online partner who actually cares about us as a customer and one who is partnering with us to grow our business indefinitely.

Avantages

We have the best online support for a fraction of the cost of hiring someone ourselves.

Inconvénients

It isn't free.

Stephen
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinets médicaux
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best internet marketing company I've ever worked with

Publié le 30/03/2017

I have been a satisfied customer of Marketing 360 for the past 4 years. They have continuously been supportive, helpful, and fulfilling on their promises regarding internet marketing results. They have always gone out of their way to ensure my satisfaction. I am always able to reach them and get my questions answered and the help I need very quickly, which means a lot to me. In a world where every internet marketing company promises the same things, it is the people who work for and support Marketing 360 that make the difference for me and why I will continue working with them and nobody else. If you want personal service from people who really care about you and your business, Marketing 360 is the company that will provide it. It truly is a pleasure to write this review about them.

Avantages

Ease of use, intuitive, encourages creativity

Inconvénients

Nothing that I can think of

Jake
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Amazing Partner

Publié le 19/05/2022

Our overall experience with Marketing360 is that they are top tier. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT]is such a great person to work with and has taken our website and social media to a whole new level. We wouldn't be at the level we are currently at without
[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and Marketing360.

Avantages

Marketing 360 and their team of associates go above and beyond with their software and customer service. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] keeps us on track and updated with the next step we need to take and using their software has made understanding everything in the marketing world so easy to understand.

Inconvénients

I wish we would have found them earlier

Nick
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Love it!!

Publié le 19/06/2019

Avantages

I love how easy it is to use and the support from any team member including Rep. It helps our company grow and make more money!

Inconvénients

I wish I had found the software sooner than I did.

Alternatives envisagées 

Zoho CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud et HubSpot CRM

Pourquoi choisir Marketing 360 

Better product and more value. Easier to expand the business

Pourquoi passer à Marketing 360

Better value overall and simple to use

Réponse de Madwire Traduire en français

Thank you for the great review Nick! We are excited to help you grow even more and make even more money! Thanks again Nick!

Brian
Note globale
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client

Excellent experience with Marketing 360 and Julian J.

Publié le 13/11/2017

Avantages

We have been a customer of Marketing 360 for close to 2 years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. Our rep, is absolutely fantastic and we are lucky to have him supporting our account. It would cost us exponentially more to hire someone as talented to run our SEO/PPC campaigns on our own. The constant attention and communication we receive from rep and his team on an almost daily basis is unheard of in the SEO/PPC world where most companies are just out to scam businesses like ours (which we experienced first-hand with our previous provider). We have seen our business grow over 40% year-over-year since working with the folks at Marketing 360. If you are looking for the best, these guys are IT!

Réponse de Madwire Traduire en français

Brian, what great feedback! Thank you for sharing. Our team enjoys working with your company and looks forward to working together for years to come.

Simon
Note globale
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Rapport qualité-prix
  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client
  • Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Above and beyond marketing software and service! This crew understands digital marketing!

Publié le 22/01/2017

Our global real estate property company has been using the Marketing 360 platform and their talented sales, marketing and design teams to help us generate new business leads for about 6 months now. We have been incredibly impressed with the analytical information their system has provided us. The results speak for themselves. The icing on the cake is having such knowledgeable digital marketing experts helping us with our advertising initiatives. With sites like Google changing the rules of the game so often with getting to the top of the search results, it's comforting knowing that the team at Marketing 360 does everything they can to stay current, so I don't have to! This saves me precious time to concentrate on growing our business and closing more leases through the leads Marketing 360 helps us to generate. Truly looking forward to a long relationship with them.

Avantages

Easy to understand analytics. All the relevant information is right where I need it, making it easy to review where our marketing initiatives are at without having to filter through tons of information. The service component is what really sets Marketing 360 apart from the competitors though. Having experts current on 'what's working now' is critical to our firm so we can be left to concentrate on closing new lease transactions.

Iolanthe
Note globale
  • Provenance de l'avis

Note globale

  • Simplicité d'utilisation
  • Support client

Great Service

Publié le 01/03/2016

It's great to have Shelly Alcock and Marketing 360 have in your corner.

I started my in Business a little over a year ago. For the first several months, I tried to advertise through Facebook, Google, Twitter and Instagram on my own. A lot of money. A lot of time. No results. No sales.

I search the Internet for an advertisement solution. I came across Marketing 360. I looked at the videos, read the reviews, did some research, and decided to give it a try. I thought it would be the perfect match.

Well. my first experience was Marketing 360 was with another marketing specialist. We were not a good team. No interest in my business. No communication. No progress. I was quite disappointed.

The next thing you know, I get a phone call from Shelly. She told me my consultant was on vacation and she was assigned to watch over my accounts in the interim.

One of the first thing she said to me was, the account has Google ad eras. Who knew what a Google ad era was. Not me. I needed to correct them in order from my ads to be run and how to fix them plus she told me other useful information to make my campaign a success. Her goal is to make my business grow.

I asked Shelly, why didn't the other specialist mention this to me. She didn't know.
The first thing she does is to look over the account make sure the campaign is running correctly. I said right then, Shelly you need to take over my account. Happily for me, she did.

Shelly works well with me and my budget. She makes me feel comfortable and that my business is important to her. Shelly keeps me updated with what is working and what is not. She is always available and willing to help. Within a few weeks after her adjustments, I had my first sale.

Now I have a dance to commemorate each sale.

Thank you Shelly and Marketing 360 for everything you've done. I appreciate it.

Réponse de Madwire Traduire en français

Lolanthe, It is great to see that your business is getting sales and growing. Thank you for your feedback and partnership.