Avis clients sur AbacusLaw

AbacusLaw

Gestion de la pratique du droit

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

374 avis

Utilisateur vérifié

Long Time AbacusLaw user

Publié le 10/10/2018

The flexibility in creating rules for events is a great tool. For a solo practitioner AbacusLaw is a godsend.

Avantages

Completing forms and inputting data is easy and intuitive. Being able to keep track of events in AbacusLaw is so much easier than with other programs i have used (like Outlook).

Inconvénients

Some forms are not compatible with Dragon Naturally Speaking which is frustrating.

Tami

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Have a law office? you need ABACUS!

Publié le 21/09/2018

I feel that if you are an attorney, or work for one, you need AbacusLaw. They have pre-created tasks that you can begin with, or you can create your own specific guidelines for whatever type of law you practice. I had created a timeline that was "to-the-day" for bankruptcy documents to be filed in the Federal Court, and other tasks with clients to complete and file in a timely manner- it was a well-oiled timeline! If somebody practices family law, ie: divorces, child custody, child support- you could create a timeline to file documents as required. Personal Injury attorney or Estate Planning- Criminal law, so many options - Abacus is the program (tool) that helped me to get my jobs done, on time!

Avantages

I have worked for two separate law offices since 1998. My first time using Abacus in 1998 (we call her "ABBY") I felt a little overwhelmed- but as I learned HOW the system worked- I LOVED it! I rely on ABBY for everything! I like knowing WHERE the client's file is, whether it is on someone's desk or in the attorney's briefcase, or tucked away in the filing cabinet- it saves time when searching a large or even small office for a file- just click on the client's Matter and look for "LOCATION" and BAM! it tells me the last entered location! ABBY keeps track of notes, events, tasks/to-do's, court hearings, appointments- anything that is important to your office. When a client comes in to the office or calls, I can easily pull up ABBY and see what notes or tasks that others have placed in the system for that client, then I can easily help the client do what they need to do, like print out documents for them to sign - or maybe collect a payment for something- I can help the client without having to pull others away from what they are doing. I have found ABBY to be an AWESOME TOOL for the law office- ABBY is right up there with the scanner, copier and telephone! Cannot run a business without any of those!!

Inconvénients

the ONLY 'bad' thing, is if the HUMAN does not enter their tasks or to-do's, or utilize ABBY as intended. ABBY is like a car, she is not going to go anywhere unless you put the tasks, to-do's, hearings, location of a file, etc. in her. Train the employees to utilize ABBY for your office's needs, and there will be no 'negative' anything regarding ABACUS.

Lindsey

Hands down would NOT buy

Publié le 14/11/2019

I would highly recommend choosing a different case management software. The program does not feel like it was designed by attorney's, and the company clearly wants to lock users in to a long term contract because they know their product is inferior and it is the only way they can retain their customer base.

Avantages

I really have not found anything I like about this software. If I had to pick something, I would say the timer function works fairly well.

Inconvénients

This software is the worst case management software I have used. The software repeatedly freezes and it is not intuitive or user friendly. Billing, which ties into AbacusAccounting, is extremely difficult to use. Unlike in other software, you cannot just edit a pre-bill with ease. It also lacks the integration that other software has. When you take into account the long term contract of five years, the inability to terminate that contract without buying it out, and the terrible customer service, the product actually costs you more than any time you would theoretically save using it. Furthermore, you are permitted to add users but never to cancel a user, effectively meaning if your Firm face a downturn, you would still be locked in to pay for users no longer with the Firm.

Hello Lindsey,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with AbacusLaw. We want every user to see the benefits of our products and design our offerings with your interests in mind. One of the best ways to make the most of your technology and see positive ROI is to invest in product training.

Your customer success manager will be reaching out to you soon to check in and escalate any issues to our Support team.

All the best,

The team at AbacusNext

Eric

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

We have relied on this software as one of our primary organizational tools for over five years.

Publié le 01/04/2018

It is a mostly comprehensive business-management tool

It is a mostly comprehensive business-management tool

Avantages

The Abacus software, now on Abacus Private Cloud, almost always is functioning properly, and is accessible from anywhere, anytime. After our experience, we would now not use anything that is not cloud-based, particularly being in a city highly prone to power-outages, floods, and hurricanes.
We have found the software to steadily improve in features and speed. The customer service is the best I have experienced very particularly in the software industry. The techs are all very knowledgeable and carefully resolve every inquiry. They are also available very quickly, an absolute anomaly in the software business.
The calendering component, as others have observed, is a key strong-point. The linking in of all events, documents, e-mails, and notes into one accessible electronic folder provides the convenient efficiency that you will frequently use.
It is possible to scan documents directly to the cloud case file from your local computer - an important step-saver.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, when installed, functions on the APC desktop.
You will need reasonably strong, consistent Internet connections. Airport terminals are mostly unusable work locations even with a "jet-pack" or cell-phone "hot-spot."

Inconvénients

This is a powerful software tool. As such, except for the calendar, it is not a "plug & play" system, except for the most computer-fluent users. To fully utilize its comprehensive features will take a commitment to initial as well as ongoing learning while taking the daily, time-consuming steps to precisely link all activities back to the case file. However, the added work will and must obviate the paper file.
The queries, forms, and reports functions are all very valuable but are far too complex to user-initiate, and each requires ongoing custom installation by the provider.
Cost-effective file collaboration with outsiders is not possible, therefore an added cloud account and the expense is required along with the time of copying and moving sizeable files.
Changing accounting from existing into the integrated system is a major transition to be carefully evaluated in advance. Maintaining the current accounting system, at least temporarily, will be required.
This software must be your primary organizational tool as it will grow into a weighted expense that is justifiable only if it is the key resource.
The software does crash daily when trying to interact with Outlook for file linking of e-mails. It can usually be resolved with a quick re-start.
Initiating printing is quite slow and getting slower but understandable with a remote server.
Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro, and Reallegal depo transcription all work very well here. Some other applications do not at all.

Devan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Excellent Technical Support

Publié le 13/06/2017

Does just about everything I need to for law firm practice management, once I've tinkered with it enough.

Avantages

Because I am a power user, I am able to make it do everything I want . There is not any other PM software out there that is as customizable. However, that comes with a cost in usability (more on that below).

However, I have had excellent technical support. I had an issue that I could not solve on my own. I called CS and, although they were not able to resolve it in that session, I was impressed with the thoroughness of the work and the help offered. They went above and beyond to to try to ID the issue. After tinkering around more, I called back with more info and was connected to another tech who was able to resolve the issue. Both had excellent professionalism and telephone demeanor.

I was very impressed by these two experiences and with the quality of the technicians. This was much better service than I expected and there are only a few companies who have provided this quality of support.

Inconvénients

There is a cost to customizability. That is that it can be quite difficult for a non-computer-guy to set up beyond basic calendaring and contact tracking. The workflow and database relationships are not particularly intuitive. Even simple things like creating a search query take more computer knowledge than most attorney will have. Setting up reports or calendar rules is extremely user-unfriendly. Without my computer background I could never have done it.

Because I'm a power user, I can adapt it to meet all of our needs. But out-of-the-box, it's a little too generic to be really useful for most attorneys, even with the "Special Editions." The attorney who referred me to Abacus uses it as nothing more than a calendar and client contacts and it's too expensive to use it that way.

David

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Solo practitioner using Abacus

Publié le 13/05/2021

When I consistently enter time, the software works smoothly for me. Creating invoices is easy, as is correcting time entry errors. If I fall behind the software has no impediments to catching up on time entries. I've looked at switching to another program and concluded that the benefits of functionality I will not use are not worth the learning curve.

Avantages

The bottom line is that Abuscu does everything that I need and has added bells and whistles that would be valuable in my practice. Once I figure out how to use a function it works well for me. Learning how to use most functions easy. Beyond basic time tracking, adjusting my working style to Abacus Law has been an obstacle. The problem is mine than the software. I've learned to use certain functions that would be valuable to me, but I have not been able to adopt them. I don't think another application would be better. The bottom line is that Abuscu does everything that I need and has added bells and whistles that would be valuable in my practice.

Inconvénients

The software feels like it was written 20 years ago and not updated to a better user-interface. I wish that there were a simple to use app for my smartphone. Abacus may have that for its cloud product, but the cost difference made me lose interets. The online help is daunting, but the telephone support is terrific. It's an adequate balance. I wish there was a way to export billing data to Quickbooks. My accountant knows QB. I can't impose on him to learn Abacus accounting. I'm using a program that tracks my computer use by app and even collects screenshots. Something like that would be a wonderful addition.

Vanya
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

AbacusLaw is the heart of my practice.

Publié le 26/07/2016

I have been an AbacusLaw customer since 1998. I believe I was the first accountant to try and adapt your matters based program to a client based usage. We spent many hours adapting your improvements every year to insure that I could continue to manage my accounting practice through your program. It was a challenge, but the results are well worth it. I have a data file that has a record of every appointment, every phone call, what IRS agent is assigned to what case, etc., since 1998, for over 5500 tax clients.I have a record of every bill sent to our business clients since we started using Abacus Accounting to manage our receivables. I believe so strongly in this program that, when I joined H&R Block 3 years ago, I demanded a clause allowing me to put this program on their computers. After investigating your program, their tech team recommended that the clause is allowed in my contract, a very rare concession by H&R Block. They have since designed a program for appointments, which is free, and which I am required to use. So we make our appointments in AbacusLaw first then input them into the AM. It takes a little more time but it is worth it. When a client says they have not heard from us, I print out the Abacus record of contact, showing the date and time calls were made and what messages were left. It immediately tames the angry beast and I usually get an apology. This program is the heart of my business. I would be lost without it.

Avantages

Their support is absolutely the best. In the very unusual event that I need support, they always remember me, are friendly and super knowledgeable. Usually I am asking for a workaround to make their program do something it isn't designed to do. They could just impress me off, but they really try to make it work the way I need it, and they usually find a way. Having client info at my fingertips makes me look very efficient and very competent.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Abacus Review

Publié le 09/09/2018

I like most of the features and options, but have concerns about time issues. It really concerns me that employees could potentially "create billing time" when there is no client work being prepared.

Avantages

The ability to locate a client and find all the information needed in one place and the ability to use the portal with ease.

Three things:

1.I don't like that employees can just input time. We want the timer used but this allows them just to input time.

2. Billing and Invoicing - We don't bill our clients for phone conversations, but for our records we need to keep track of time. If we don't bill them, but have time entered for it, the invoice is gapped and looks unprofessional.
3. The calendar not allowing recurrences to sync with Outlook. We have had several issues with this and it is a concern when scheduling if employees are out of the office and are not able to sync.

Patricia
Patricia

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Publié le 18/05/2021

It was a horrible experience. I am happy that we are finally out of AbacusLaw. If you are considering this software please reconsider.

Avantages

The software sounds amazing when described by the sales team. Unfortunately they are overpromise and under deliver.

Inconvénients

The cloud functionality does not work, the billing program glitches. It does not sync with outlook. It is a horrible process to be released from the contract. We paid $5,000 for upgrades and customization but never received them. We are now being charged $750 to get our data out after we switched.

Richard
Richard

Support

Publié le 25/07/2018

Avantages

We got hit by the Microsoft update. Their executive knew what the issue was and the solution right off. He did a good job of scheduling the fix; offered alternatives; and got the problem fixed.

Inconvénients

Number of passwords needed to obtain support; but that is for my protection; but still annoying to have to go over them all the time

Barzin
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Affordable; complete; intuitive

Publié le 28/06/2017

This software allows me to run my small law firm without having to hire full time assistants and automates about 80% of my administrative tasks.

Avantages

1. Affordable: Having purchased similar software years ago and having paid an amount for it, I knew that the cost of a new firm management software that handled both front office and back office matters was going to be a major obstacle for me. Particularly if I wanted the software to be resident on my computer as opposed to web-based. But, with the monthly payment plan that Abacuslaw offers, it was very easy to sign up.
2. Complete management solution. There are very few programs around that offer both a full management software and a full accounting software to attorneys. Most of the software out there offers a billing component, but not a full accounting solution. With Abacuslaw, I can have both for the same price. I don't have to have another accounting software like QuickBooks pro to handle the accounting of my office.
3. The software is very easy to use. Most of the time, I can figure things out by myself without much training. But, to the extent I need training, I can find videos on YouTube or worst case scenario, I can sign up for their affordable one on one instructions.
4. Really good support staff: My questions or problems are usually answered and resolved on the same call into the office. Very responsive and knowledgeable support staff and extremely cooperative and helpful.
5. I've done lots of research. Not too many companies with the same level of service and features for the same price. Highly recommend it.

Inconvénients

1. Glitches. While support staff is very responsive, the number of glitches is at times distracting. I would say that I average about maybe one glitch every three months or so. But it is dealt with very soon.
2. Data migration: The only major problem I had with Abacus law was their data migration. I was migrating from Amicus online and they could not transfer my data. Finally, the only thing they were able to migrate was my case information. I had to reenter my financial data myself. My suggestion is to make sure that they understand what format you are migrating from and get a firm commitment from them that they can handle the migration without problems.
In the end, though, the drawbacks are so small, compared to the benefits that the minor complaints I have don't even register.

Shar

I love Abacus!

Publié le 11/12/2020

Avantages

I was first introduced to Abacus at my prior law firm. I was familiar with a different case management software from another law firm. I was happy to be able to convince my current employer to obtain this very useful tool for our firm. I use it daily and am nearly lost without it. The main function for our office is the calendaring system which is amazing and is easily customizable for our needs. I am aware that the software does 80% more; however, it is an excellent value just the way we utilize it.

Inconvénients

The only negative thing I have to report is, years ago for some odd reason, the customizing I had done to the trial calendar disappeared. Customer service individual who was extremely patient and knowledgeable, was able to correct it and return it to my customized settings.

JAMES

• Support client

ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - A GREAT COMPUTING PLATFORM FOR LAWYERS!!

Publié le 04/12/2015

For the last 20 months my entire law office has been run on Abacus Private Cloud. It has worked flawlessly, with great, responsive, USA-based tech support (for set up issues and as needed thereafter).

APC enabled me to put my entire law office into a private cloud environment, in an industrial data center custom-built solely for this purpose, dedicated to the legal profession, and managed by top-notch professionals in the data center industry; this is something I could never have achieved on my own, or through another vendor.

The benefits to my law practice from Abacus Private Cloud are:
- - My data is secure and safe in the Abacus Private Cloud data center. No more local data backups, because all data is on the private cloud server, and is backed up there.
- - My local equipment costs are drastically lower than before I switched to a private cloud. I eliminated the three desktop computers that I was previously accessing remotely.
- - I don't need costly application software on each local access device. All law office applications can be run on the private cloud server, not on local hardware. The local devices are there simply to display and interact with the private cloud server.
- - My private cloud server can run any software, whether related to Abacus or not. Therefore, I can run the application software that my meets the specific needs of my law practice, regardless of the vendor.
- - My local IT and tech support costs are $0.
- - My staff and I have become totally mobile, without sacrificing efficiency. This means that each employee, as needed, can work on their own schedule, and from any location with cell phone coverage, electricity, and an Internet connection. This creates a flexible, modern, and dynamic work environment, resulting in a better quality of life, happier attorneys and staff, and a better work vs. life balance for all involved.
- - All law office applications and data are accessible 24×7 for each user via any device: desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- - Private cloud technical requests (e.g., email configuration, remote access from a new device, etc.) are promptly resolved by the Abacus Private Cloud support staff.
- - System reliability (uptime) is outstanding.

In sum, this is a truly great product, at a reasonable price, with great customer support. I highly recommend you get it!! Thanks.

Réponse de CARET

Mr Farr: Thank you for being a valued Abacus client. We're glad that you have fully automated your practice Abacus Private Cloud, and enjoy your virtual workplace environment. We are committed to providing our clients with a comprehensive suite of fully managed legal technology products and services to help guarantee the integrity and security of their sensitive data, as well as to enable their success and ultimate performance. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, we wish you much success! Best, The Abacus Total Care Team

Keelin

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Good if you make additional significant investment into tailoring it to your firm's needs.

Publié le 27/03/2020

Abacus is probably best for an office with existing procedures and forms that is willing to make a significant investment into customizing and maintaining Abacus, including having at least one Abacus-designated point person who develops intensive understanding of Abacus. A point about customization: you need to think through your process. For some, a more "plug and play" program may help you to figure out your process.

Avantages

Potential flexibility because of many functionalities. We use it every day to track matter activity, coordinate schedules, meet deadlines, retrieve critical information, and bill clients.

Inconvénients

Cannot use many features without hiring expensive Abacus professional because program is not intuitive. Numerous online resources, including knowledge base and trainings, but difficult to find what I need when I need it.
Reports and queries: Odd that in our present "plug and play" world, reports are poorly formatted and queries difficult to use.
Email integration: Does not integrate with our google suite, only Outlook.
Customer Support: Expertise and availability has declined, although still reasonable, if more time consuming.

Gary

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Abacus Cloud

Publié le 30/03/2020

I am a sole practitioner concentrating on Worker's Compensation, Personal Injury, and Municipal Court cases. My calendar and "corporate knowledge" of my cases has improved a lot. My staff likes the software. I highly recommend it.

Avantages

I have been using Abacus since 2004. I just transitioned from using on my local server to having it and my IT hosted on the Cloud. Abacus is logically organized in a flexible way that allows me to categorize my notes in a way which really suits my practice. It is pretty easy for my staff to learn. It has an abundance of features, including some that I have not yet explored. As an Attorney, I really like the calendar and reports function. As an employer, I really like its document production feature.

Inconvénients

Occasionally I have problems printing envelopes from a separate envelope printer, especially when adding a new computer to the network.

Barb

Great Salesmen, Terrible Service - a business liability

Publié le 20/09/2017

Time capture for billing, full accounting software.

Time capture for billing, full accounting software.

Avantages

Strong database with a lot of features and the unique Outlook add-in to bill emails straight into the integrated accounting software. The add-in will make you very dependent really quickly if you bill for time reading and responding to emails.

Inconvénients

Horrible support and inaccurate sales information. Each time there is an update, we had to end up calling in to fix the problem. If we were lucky, we got an experienced tech. Otherwise we ended up going through several until the problem was fixed. We would spend hours on the phone each time for days in a row and the problems would completely prevent us from working for a day or more. The down time was costing us too much money and client retention issues. Finally after 5 years we had enough and cancelled the program based upon the original salesman's representations that we paid for the program for 2 years, then after that we could pay for maintenance but we would have a usable stand alone program. We found out that is untrue when we cancelled. We were not given the opportunity to retrieve our information, billing or financials unless we paid for a month-to-month account and tech fee. In response, the company would not return our phone calls.

Esther
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

Do NOT BUY IT

Publié le 10/05/2017

I am in the process of finding a different database. I pay almost money per month for technical support. I have been waiting for a week for an answer back from them currently. When they did the update it converted all the date of births to 2000 .... so if you were born in 1995 it shows your date of birth 2095. They tried to tell me a year ago that my contract had expired and wanted me to sign another 5 year contract. I was willing to sign a 3 year and they refused. They continued to charge my credit card for their support after that date. Turns out I did have another year with them and my contract was not expiring. They are HORRIBLE!!!

Avantages

It's a database. It does what it is supposed to do... when it is working. However, it is impossible to get technical service.

Inconvénients

Technical support is non-existent. I have tried multiple times to get an answer to a simple problem, and have been told everything from I don't have a contract with them to it's not their problem. Instead of attempting to help, they smart off and are rude and ridiculous in their responses. My IT people were working with abacus to install an update. It did not work and abacus did not respond to calls or emails for a full week. Then after refusing to get off the phone until someone spoke to me, the guy said they just needed to do a couple things and would I like him to do it then. Thirty minutes later it was working. We spent an entire week without it because they simply would not respond to us. They kept saying someone else had our account but that person was always on the phone with another customer, Managers did not return my phone call either.

Frank

Everything was fine until we went to the Abacus Private Cloud

Publié le 24/01/2018

Check out other options if you want a cloud bases case management program before going with APC. I am waiting for my 5 year contract to expire and then reevaluate my options. I would like to have more control over "my cloud" and have local, on the scene tech support like we used to enjoy before we were forced to upgrade to APC, or else pay a high price for non-supported, prior versions of the software.

Avantages

It is nice to be able to access the case management software through the cloud. It allows you to take you work with you where ever you go - which can be a good thing or a bad one.

Inconvénients

Abacus Private Cloud does not play well with anything but MS Office 365. I had to buy a more expensive version of Dragon Naturally Speaking Legal and there is such a lag between dictation and text, that the Dragon software never gets used. We also use Essential Forms for our Judicial Council Forms in CA. APC tech support has left me hanging for over 2 weeks, and countless hours trying to figure out software that they had previously installed on their server for our use. It also seems like every time I call support to change something, there is a horrendous charge.

Lauretta

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Abacus Law Is an Excellent Software Program that Enables Users to Link Important Information

Publié le 11/05/2021

Abacus Law is an important tool that assists with making certain there are multiple ways o access and check information that has been entered. It allows for quick search methods due to various features. Last names care linked to matters, so a potential client file may be entered in names prior to being entered a client in the matters feature. Any entity or person associated with a case can be linked, also providing another method of cross referencing other people associated with an individual case. Linked emails provides another easy way to check emails sent regarding a specific client.

Avantages

Once client information is entered, other information may be linked and is very helpful when looking up a memo, phone message , email etc. for each client. Once an appointment is scheduled, it also is linked to the events feature, so the program allows for multiple ways to check that important information is stores and is accessible.

Inconvénients

At this time the features provided are working well to allow for ease of sending messages, linking client information and researching stored client information.

Travis

I feel like I was misled--Abacus Private Cloud has issues

Publié le 03/06/2016

I first purchased the gold edition of Abacus two years ago and installed it locally. It had its quirks, but we were satisfied overall. A few months in, though, it started crashing frequently during billing and time entry--every 4-5 time tickets and every 3-4 bills rendered. We spent more time re-starting the software than it took to render all of our bills. Abacus IT couldn't figure it out. Then it started to 'forget' the database location and we had to be on the phone with Abacus IT about once a week so they could fix it remotely.

When Abacus couldn't figure out why it kept crashing, they guessed it was an incompatibility issue with our brand-new server and suggested we move to Abacus Private Cloud. Sounded fine. They housed and maintained the hardware and we didn't need server IT. Of course, the price went up by 200%. Seemed like a fair trade-off at first.

Despite the representations as to stability and savings, it got worse. Our first billing run on APC crashed the software more frequently than it had on our own server. The next billing run was worse. It crashed after nearly every generated bill. At best the software would crash fewer than two dozen times during a billing run, no matter what IT tried to do. Finally, they just blamed it on us. It hasn't been fixed entirely to this day.

To add insult to injury, we were told out of the blue that our virtual server was running low on storage space. We removed everything we could think of that we'd put on it and it still ran low. Abacus billed us for additional storage space despite our efforts, without explanation as to where the issue lay or any attempts to help. E-mails to IT were met with silence.

Barring some sort of miracle, I cannot wait until our contract is up so I can cancel the agreement. It's ludicrously expensive for what it is and how often it fails to work, and all of the time spent with IT has cost more work hours than I want to admit. It's clunky, quirky, crashes frequently, and the software is unstable no matter which platform or hardware is in use. And buyer beware--Abacus doesn't guarantee the software will work and the cancellation penalty is essentially the equivalent of the value of your remaining contract.

I am extremely unhappy with Abacus and feel like I was misled on the initial purchase, and misled again when told that switching everything to the cloud would improve stability.

E. ALLAN

Longtime user very satisfied

Publié le 24/03/2020

My experience with Abacus has been great, so I'll very likely continue to use it until I retire, probably within the next ten years.

Avantages

The close coordination of the client management software with the accounting software is very nice... I've used Abacus for close to eleven years and like it very much.

Inconvénients

There are a few little quirks here and there, but not serious, and if I did a little more research or asked for help I could probably figure them out, like how to automatically put my letterhead on invoices printed from Abacus.

Hi E.Allan,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We would love to feature you as a customer of ours if you are interested? Please let me know!

Natalie Lara
AbacusNext Marketing Team

Jennifer

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

AbacusLaw Review

Publié le 19/05/2020

Avantages

I appreciate that the court rules are listed/referenced in the events. I have found the program fairly easy to use; however, other staff in the office have struggled with it over the years.

Inconvénients

As stated above, several staff in my office have found the software confusing and difficult to use. I've found some court rules in the software program do not match current laws - most specifically within the local court rules.

Alternatives envisagées

Clio
Schawnne

The Best Legal Software

Publié le 23/01/2020

Our intention was to keep our law project as paperless as we could and AbacusLaw plays a big part in allowing us to achieve this goal.

Avantages

What I like most about AbacusLaw is how user-friendly it is and how we were able to use it to keep the project organized on a daily basis. It is a complete package.

Inconvénients

I think I liked everything about AbacusLaw. I cannot think of any problem that I had with the software.

Réponse de CARET

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, Schawnne. We're glad AbacusLaw has helped your organization meet its goal of going paperless, and that you've found the product easy to use.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and the Capterra community!

All the best,
The team at AbacusNext

Bill

• Support client

Eight years and going strong

Publié le 21/07/2015

With 250,000 users they must be doing something right! I suspect that those of us without issues don't bother to comment. It makes sense that if you have had a problem then you squawk about it. I know I do!

Our firm has been using this product for over eight years. In recommending it to another firm I came across these reviews. I could not disagree more. Like any system it takes some training. We hired an outside instructor to come in for two days to train. Once we got the basics down we grew with it. The nice feature it comes with is that every time you log in, it gives you tips for the day that expand your knowledge or remind you of something you may have fogotten.

The features that I appreciate most are linking your emails from Outlook to the matters file. That is an enormous time saver. The notes file is likewise extremely useful in refreshing your memory on things that have transpired. Both come with a preview of the content similar to your email.

It makes life easy and certain with the current forms embedded for civil matters and court forms.
The home screen might not be as pretty as some but it is very simple to understand and use. Documents get scanned and saved to the matters file with ease. Overall there is nothing about our personal I jury cases I can't put my hands on quickly. And remotely when I am out of the office.

Some have complained about customer service. I guess that is a universal complaint we all have with almost software company. But honestly, when our IT guy gets on the phone with them and they speak the same language, we have never had a problem.

I could not run our firm without Abacus.

Réponse de CARET

Hi Mr. Robinson, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and thank you for being one of our valued clients. With over 30 years of service, we¿ve learned from our most successful clients that it takes much more than a simple software product to build and grow a successful Law Firm. We value your insight, and are committed to providing all of our clients with a comprehensive suite of fully managed legal technology products and services to help guarantee the integrity and security of their sensitive data, as well as to enable their success and ultimate performance. Best, The Abacus Team

Carmen

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Abacus & Personal Injury

Publié le 17/03/2020

Overall it has the potential to meet all of our needs.

Overall it has the potential to meet all of our needs.

Avantages

It is inclusive to different areas of law.

Inconvénients

Personal Injury. We need a system that is easier to customize and it is actually pertinent to Fl Personal Injury pre-suit cases.