6 844 avis

Adobe Illustrator CC

L'éditeur graphique vectoriel standard du secteur.

4,7 /5 (6844 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

Illustrating Beyond Boundaries

Publié le 06/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have faith in Illustrator and learned how it behaves. I know it will continue to update, as other Adobe applications do. Best to keep that belief in it and push on with resilience.

Avantages

As a professional artist and business creative, Adobe Illustrator has been an application well used in my toolbelt of visual software. From vector creations to typographic layouts, Illustrator never ceases to amaze me in terms of innovation. The thing I like most about it is the guidance it provides for artists and designers really shines through. Specifically, Illustrator analyzes and

Inconvénients

I've learned that each software has a strength of its own. And it's best to understand how it works so you can maneuver through it without a lot of issues. That's why Illustrator really works for me. The only setback would be the brush types. I do wish the variance in stroke would expand more in terms of the lines it creates. I've noticed that the strokes would have lines within them, but would just be copied versions. However, I believe this is a minor issue and not much to dwell on!

Nabin P.

Industry Standard Vector Graphic Design Software

Publié le 15/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been using Adobe Illustrator software on daily basis for the production of vector graphics like logos, icons, abstract arts, advertisements and flyers. The software is really easy to use and production quality is best. It is a software on which I can completely rely on my vector graphic design needs.

Avantages

Adobe Illustrator features cutting edge vector graphic design tools. The software supports wide range of file import and export formats. The user interface looks familiar for those with an experience of Adobe Photoshop. The Creative Cloud community support is really active. Process of purchasing and implementing the software was fast and smooth.

Inconvénients

The price of Adobe Illustrator seems to be quite overpriced. It would have been really nice if they have developed animation features inside Illustrator.

Maria G.
Secteur d'activité: Internet
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Traduire en français

Such a powerful tool - but sometimes it's difficult to keep up with it.

Publié le 28/04/2019

Avantages

So, I've been an AI user for now almost 10 years. I've used it at it's worst, at it's best and at it's "ok" moments. It's powerful and the type of work that you can create is really just limitless. There has been a significant effort in onboarding users whenever it gets a design overhaul or new features are added. I've found that a lot of these updates do tend to boost my ability to perform or create work at a faster speed, and same goes when making edits. I'm a heavy pathfinder user and the ability to just tweak my workplace to my needs, adding different windows and condensing them into one section has been a huge time saver. So in terms of granting you the ability to really modify the space to your liking, it's great.

Inconvénients

I think one of the aspects about illustrator that has over time made it a more difficult tool to rely on has been the constant updates. Yes, those updates are sometimes great and very much needed, but there is no onboarding and the existing tour points hold so much information, it's hard to keep up with it.

I think generally speaking, I want to also be able to use the same shortcuts I have been using over time with the software, so when certain aspects of it change - sometimes it does affect my ability to perform at the same speed. I think more efforts need to be done to really create a focused on boarding for users when you introduce new features.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 4.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Édition
Traduire en français

The design standard flr any graphics company

Publié le 19/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'm an Adobe user for several years, and Illustrator is one of the most powerful tools for any design. From packaging to character design due its versatility, it's easy to use tools. Very straightforward content to help any graphic artist deliver the best results for their project.

Avantages

My favourite tools are everything on the tool set. Easy to access and capabilites to allow me to create something useful and visually appealing in the shortest time possible.
It's capable of opening most of graphic file formats to allow the user edit, recreate or implement them in their projects.

Inconvénients

It would be useful if it used less ram at the beginning so it didn't need as much resources as well wider and stable compatibility with older GPUs.

Edwin W.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail

Adobe Illustrator Product Review

Publié le 27/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Hard to learn at first but once I got the hang of it, it's my go-to design software. I would say my overall experience is very pleasant and I am glad I took the time to learn Adobe Illustrator.

Avantages

Adobe Illustrator is certainly a robust graphic design software, allowing you to design practically anything you can imagine. As weird as it sounds, I enjoy the hotkeys or keyboard shortcuts, making the design process very efficient and fluid.

Inconvénients

At first, the software was hard to get the hang of...I have to admit I watched several online tutorials before even completing one design project. This left me feeling intimidated at first, although now, I would highly recommend it.

Joel G.
Secteur d'activité: Animation

Adobe Illustrator

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 17/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is reliable. It is a program that is used by several companies, so once you learn it makes it easier to transition between projects and companies.

Avantages

This program has various tools that allow you to manipulate the most minute of details of a piece of text or a graphical image. It also allows user to create anything from scratch either free form or with the help or rulers and grids for foundations.

In addition this program can edit and export various file types and works seamlessly with the adobe family of software.

Inconvénients

The learning curve is steep because there are so many tools each which can do multiple things. There are also several menus including even more options although looking through each is tedious I’d say it’s more so an advantage because of the amount of options.

Ireland E.
Secteur d'activité: Design

Genius Product

Publié le 07/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The best experience I've ever had with a program, ever.

Avantages

Everything, honestly. The possibilities are endless. I started by learning CorelDRAW to get down the basics, then eventually transferred to Illustrator. It was the perfect transition and I've never looked back! A designer could run an entire business using just this software. I will honestly be recommending it for the rest of my life, for business or just creating art!

Inconvénients

The price. I've thankfully never had to pay full price, but I don't know that I could afford to anyway..

Kali F.
Traduire en français

Great for Designing pretty much anything vector related!

Publié le 30/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use Adobe Illustrator to design large scale prints for vehicle wraps. This software has allowed me to me the quality standards I have for printing and designing.

Avantages

I use this software for 8 hours a day, and I would not want to be using anything else. I love all the tools it has and allows me design graphics for large scale vehicles.

Inconvénients

I do have issues sometimes with files crashing. I design for vehicles and most of the time I need to scale to a certain size. Illustrator does have the tendency to slow or even crash when a file gets to large.

Tayyab S.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information

The Vector Drawing Package

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 11/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I personally think that Illustrator is a great tool for animations and complex designing. I mostly prefer Illustrator for vector images to the team of www.thejournalpost.com. As I know google loves the infographics stuff so this tool helps me in this matter as well.

Avantages

Adobe Illustrator is a revolutionary and advanced vector designing tool that gives multiple ways to accomplish the same design.
It is a flexible graphics tool with high-quality graphics that makes it the best vector tool.
It comes with suitable printed marketing materials and offers convenient price in the package of adobe creative cloud.

Inconvénients

A little bit complex that sometimes not suit beginners and requires proper training to handle it.
Illustrator can be frustrating for developers in the case of half pixels because it annoyingly plays with half pixels while designing for emails or web.

Byron O.
Secteur d'activité: Produits alimentaires
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

Create better vector artworks

Publié le 30/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is well suited for any kind of print design as it churns out high quality graphics.

Avantages

-This is the current market standard for creating vector based images.
-It makes very high quality graphics for print
-Comes in handy when creating logos

Inconvénients

-Gradients and colours sometimes look a bit off.
-It is very slow sometimes in recognising recently added fonts.

Secteur d'activité: Ressources humaines
Traduire en français

“It creates your imaginations visually on media”

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 16/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

when you look at the price, instantly you will exclaim ‘oh my gosh’. As I explained previously, there are nearly 100 million images available in adobe stock, over 12000 fonts in adobe fonts, plus all the other features to run wild with creative ideas. Who else offers so much? Therefore my opinion is a designer can always make designs that can claim a value if you are using the license of Illustrator. At the same time, with illustrator you need just a fraction of the time in doing your designs compared to some others which will keep you way behind. Illustrator is definitely for professional designers and as a professional designer, will need to use compatible hardware to get the best use of AI .

Avantages

Ai is ideal for professional Vector graphic designers. After many years of studies with the inputs of designers around the globe, Adobe has developed Ai to create almost anything that comes into billions of creative (or weird) minds. Just about anything. Once you pass the learning curve which would take months and months with all that learning material available (which is quite reasonable), then you can make your dreams visible to you and others too. But still you will learn, as there are so many developments and updates take place continuously.
The Free form gradient, which is also a new addition, allows you to drop points of color which blends together to form rich color blends.

Adobe font integration lets you select thousands of fonts and use the most suitable fonts that goes with the project. You just dream what you need and you get it in Illustrator creative cloud.
With its three ‘snap to pixel’ options, it automatically aligns to the pixel grid the drawing, scaling and moving path and vector shapes.
With their massive stock of creative resources in graphics, templates, images etc which are close to 100 million in numbers and are organized in Adobe Stock, designers can access and easily design templates for various jobs saving time for additional work. The ‘True size view’ and ‘Trim size view’ features are added benefits for the User. Features of Illustrator are endless if you look at an artist’s point of view. It can put into reality all the dreams of a creative mind

Inconvénients

I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to call a wiper ‘a wiper’. The bad side of AI is it can just wipe off all other competitors in just one Illustrator stroke.

Burhan K.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Best Industry Standard Vector Designing Software, Period

Publié le 24/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since I stepped into the software industry—almost 4 years now. The tool has no comparison to other tools currently available in the market. I mostly use Illustrator for designing illustrations, icons for mobile and websites, wireframes for mobiles, and print documents like brochures, business cards, etc. I now use Sketch for designing UI, but it's really hard to design icons there. So I design icons in Illustrator and copy those icons to sketch. This is the best tool and it's an industry standard.

Avantages

Work on Windows, Mac, iPad, and even on iPhone with limited features.
You can have multiple artboards when designing in Illustrator.
A lot of tools to make your workflow easier. For building shapes, it has tools like pen tool, Pathfinder and shape builder.
It has a dynamic gradient feature, which means your gradient is not limited to a linear or radial gradient. You can create a gradient with as many colors and as many points as you like and you can change the position of those color points too. Now our gradient colors can go into multiple directions. So no need to create multiple gradient layers and blend those.
Advanced features to round the corners of sharp corners. You can make rounded corner by putting value as well as you can drag a small icon near points with mouse.
One of the reason to use Adobe Creative Cloud softwares is their Echo System. You can use your work designed in Illustrator and directly Import in After Effects.
You can also copy elements from Illustrator (Ctrl+C) and directly paste it in Photoshop (Ctrl+V). And this also works in Sketch for Mac.
There are a lot of features like perspective tool, If you wanna create an illustration in a single or multiple point perspective. Blend tool, Mesh tool, 3d Effects and many more.
You can also create symbols and changing in one place will change it everywhere.
Exporting Assets are just one click away.
Tons of shortcuts to speed up your workflow.

Inconvénients

The long learning curve, especially when you have no previous design background. So expect to invest at least 6-12 months to fully master it.

You have to fully grasp the core concepts of it when playing with paths and shapes. Joining paths perfectly using the grid may take time If you have not much experience with it.

Charlotte D.
Secteur d'activité: Automobile
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
Traduire en français

Great for making LOGOs, VECTORs and more!

Publié le 23/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Adobe Illustrator has overall been an amazing product to use for my field. I am constantly creating graphics, images, posters or social media posts and will find myself opening Illustrator almost every day.
Illustrator is also a very beneficial program to have as lgoos, vectors or images downloaded online will often come in an EPS (smaller vector file) or AI (Adobe Illustrator) file. Having Illustrator makes designing easy when you need to be very percise.

Avantages

Wow, what an amazing software. Adobe Illustrator, although may look very intimidating when you first open it (believe me, I know), is such an easy-to-use software once you get the hang of it. But you really want to get the hang of it first.
I have found so many online tutorials (video and articles) that demonstrate how to create vector images, how to use specific tools in Illustrator, and also how to learn the basics around the program. These are beneficial to someone like me, who has received some in-school training on these design programs but had to really learn on my own once I started working. The BEST thing about this software is the large number of online resources available (for FREE) for creating, learning and utilizing Illustrator in the best possible way.

Inconvénients

Although this product is much easier to use the more you use it or the more you have classes/training, it can be very intimidating for those who aren't in a Graphic Design role. Myself, I am not a graphic designer, so sometimes this program really confuses me. Especially when I use other programs like Photoshop and InDesign.
So, the biggest con I would say is the confusion it can cause. If you aren't a tech-savvy person, who will go on Youtube to watch tutorials on how to work on a program, then this app may be too confusing for you. The design programs require a lot of learning and patience to understand how they work. Especially a lot of on-your-own learning as Illustrator is one of those programs you learn as you go.

Scott C.
Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle

Old Dog, New Tricks

Publié le 26/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Adobe Illustrator has allowed me to supplement my artistic talent with true computer power. I am able to produce things I would never have been able to produce with my bare hand, and with intuitive speed and power, I am able to produce more and faster than I ever would otherwise, so really as a creative professional - what else can you ask for?

Avantages

There may be newer vector illustration platforms out there that are born into the saas or cloud era, but Adobe Illustrator is a journeyman and still packs a wallop. I have tinkered with other software and there are some cute tools and bells and whistles out there, but for the pixel perfect execution that I need to build graphics or even certain works of pure art, there is no beating the bezier tool, workspace, and functionality that I've spent the majority of my career honing. And I would still say I only use the program to about 75% of it's full potential, there are just certain things I've been too lazy to watch a tutorial on.

Inconvénients

I think for many years Adobe ran a fat operation and charged a premium on their suite that most entry level designers both needed, and couldn't afford. Their Creative Cloud offering seems to be somewhat in recognition of this, especially if you use the full software suite, then it's a value. But for one or two apps, it's just a monthly burden that never goes away (still an improvement on the craaaaaazy price tags they used to have for a license). It would be nice if at a certain point, you just owned the stuff. Though in their defense, they are always working on it and have consistently released full version updates and incremental fixes and now they are trying to almost become a creative lifestyle brand with all kinds of templates and stock and even acquiring the Behance artists' network...so it has become a bit of a club, and you get more than the tools. There's inspiration, and a whole lot of "freebies" to download for every app.

Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés
Traduire en français

“An awesome graphic designing software with many tools”

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 28/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Adobe illustrator is a wonderful software and its features are amazing. I am using this software for my graphic designing work and I use this software for video editing, web designing, making shapes, photo editing, and creating logos for my projects as well as for my university clubs which I have engaged in. It consists of many awesome tools. According to my overall opinion, this graphic designing software helps me a lot and I highly recommended this software for graphic designers.

Avantages

Adobe Illustrator software has loads of options for creation and it is boundless. It gives me the output which I dreamed about and it satisfies me all expectations too. Adobe Illustrator consists of many tools such as After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere which give me marvelous functions. These tools can be easily learned if we touch with our basic understandings about their usage. I should tell that this software consists of a first-rate vector tool that can be used to create vector graphics and this software can be used to make high-quality graphics using these amazing graphics tools. This software is convenient with its price and adobe creative cloud package comes with it. This software is capable of creating graphs, charts, animations, and cartoons too. The continual software updates with immediate fixes and new features that help to improve this software are commendable. I love the integration of this software with other Adobe products such as InDesign and Photoshop as it helps me to get files and access them. I am so happy with using this software.

Inconvénients

This software takes a lot of time when loading on my computer. I think that this software is hard to use by a beginner as it requires good training to use this software. Sometimes it is difficult to find tools on the interface. The hiding if tools over other tools are annoying and it is difficult to find out them and I am confused to open these tools in these times. Immense use of CPU and RAM. Those are the downsides I observed in this software and these issues should be concerned.

Braden W.
Secteur d'activité: Machines

A Graphic Design Must

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 09/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I would rate my experience positively. I am the Marketing Manager for a small company, and do consulting on the side, both of which require me to conduct some graphic design. Although I am not a designer/artist by trade, I've found as our business and my consulting has grown I have needed to enhance my knowledge and skills in GD in order to "keep up". Although you can find work arounds, I would say that Illustrator is a great tool for anyone who works in the Graphic Design field, or even the periphery.

Avantages

For an experienced Adobe user, this is an easy software to pickup because it is structured in the same manner as the other Creative Cloud applications. Tools and layering is all the same which makes it easy to adapt too. The greatest individual/unique benefit is that it allows for A LOT more freedom for design than, namely, Adobe Photoshop. The reason I compare the two is that you could theoretically use them for similar static graphic design purposes and get relatively similar end results. However, Adobe allows for far more functionality and flexibility to create and design static imagery, and is far more tailored to true artwork than editing.

Inconvénients

Some of the functional tools are not as easy to manipulate in comparison to other Creative Cloud apps. Using Photoshop as a semi-comparable rival for static graphic design-specific purposes; for the application of manipulating objects and text, I found Illustrator to have a steeper learning curve than Photoshop. Since it allows you to delve into more aspects of manipulating the objects, and to create vector imagery out of anything (or just about) that you create within an ai document, I found myself inadvertently altering objects in ways I was unfamiliar with. To be fair, I did not take any formal coursework or tutorial prior to diving in to using Illustrator, all was self-taught after having more extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.

Rodrigo T.
Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

Many tools in one

Publié le 02/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

In general I find this application very practical in the sense of the quality of the result and the ease in grouping and ungrouping elements, creating hierarchies and joining effects. It makes it very easy to grab assets from stores, disassemble, combine and create others. As I create Apps and Games, I see an enormous facility to work this in memory quickly, even in large projects. I miss the application allowing to return to a certain part of the effects set, change a parameter and repeat the whole stack. Example: you add a rectangle, move 30 degrees and change to red. You cannot go back to the first action, change from 30 to 15 degrees and repeat the rest. I don't know if any tools have this, but coming from programming tools with batch scripts, I feel that this would be very valuable.

Avantages

The possibility of having several drawing sheets in one file is great, this makes it easier to keep related collections in a single project file. I also like the many options for importing and exporting formats, with asset profiles.

Inconvénients

There are some things that I find confusing, as they mix what's on the project/file level and what's on the application level. For example, there are settings in the export profile that are saved within your ".ai" project, but there are others, such as the folder where "export to screens", which are at the application level. So you sometimes export to the wrong place, and you always have to know where you are exporting to, this confuses you when building game assets, for example, where there are sometimes hundreds of files in the same general project (several ".ai" ).

Jonathan L.

The Pro Graphic Designer's Toolkit

Publié le 29/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use Illustrator for everything from creating logos and UI graphics to simple online posts for small businesses. The vector format is fantastic for being easily resizable without losing quality or the fine nuance of the artwork. While a bit difficult to learn, the toolset allows you do create anything you can imagine if you take the time to learn. Now, there's a growing army of competition, but in my experience, Illustrator is still the gold standard in the industry.

Avantages

Adobe Illustrator is pro software with a tremendous set of tools for vector graphics creation. Personally, I've been using Illustrator since I first started studying graphic design almost a decade ago. Each new version brings us a useful set of performance and tool improvements, but my favorite in the most recent version is the freeform gradient tool. I've always wanted for a way to place gradient points wherever I wanted, and now that's possible. I use it every day and it's speedy, highly customizable (as you'd expect from pro software), and so useful! It seems like such a simple thing, I'm surprised the feature wasn't available before.

Inconvénients

Like all pro software, there's a learning curve, and Illustrator is no exception. On one hand, I understand that it will take time to learn and implement new features. On the other, I wish it was easier to learn and keep up with the changing tide of graphic design.

Govinda H.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Publié le 13/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Avantages

Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Inconvénients

The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

Christian edison B.
Secteur d'activité: Matériel informatique
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Adobe Illustrator Review

Publié le 26/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Adobe Illustrators is an innovative vector-based program developed for graphic design professionals. This software used algorithms to draw shapes rather than using bitmap images to store data. That's why Illustrator's vector graphics can be scaled to any size without losing their overall quality or resolution.

Adobe Illustrator makes everything from company logos to informative drawings to animated designs because of this unique design. It can print illustrations, produce beautiful graphics on the website and give users full control over their typography.

So, I recommend this software and it is worth it.

1.) It provides an interface which will help the user:
You have an extra degree of flexibility when working to design the entire workspace with Adobe Illustrator. Your interface makes personalized viewing possible. There is also an option to save space. Such processes allow you to work on your project in any way that is most convenient, while maintaining full control over all the options available.

2.) The Adobe Illustrator is compatible on almost any computer system:
While Adobe Illustrator is not working well on mobile devices, on almost any computer system, it does an exceptional job. It can be used on Windows PCs or on items from Apple. Even from the early 2000s, if you use an older top-of - the-line option, it will work properly on older computers.

3.) It produces web and print graphics:
Thanks to Adobe Illustrator, you can easily create print-ready graphics. With this tool, you can also create web graphics. It works in any screen resolution, offering a constantly updated tool set that allows you to relatively easily build professional vector graphics.

Inconvénients

The only disadvantage is that you need to require lots of patience. If you're planning to design something that's interesting, imaginative, and you don't need a practical dimension, then Adobe Illustrator can help you put together something in no time. If you want to build something that makes people feel positive, then you need to give yourself plenty of time to work on the project.

Adam W.
Secteur d'activité: Design

Illustrator is Creative Magic Sauce

Publié le 04/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I didn't enjoy illustrator when I first used it so I tried to bypass it by using web based design programs. However, as I designed more frequently for web & digital projects, laser cutting and engraving I buckled down to learn the shortcuts and functionality. WELL WORTH IT! I overcame the learning curve and mastered the design elements most necessary and now it saves me so much time and effort! I can't imagine designing without it now.

Avantages

I love all of the features, functionality and utility. It is fantastic and essential for any design professional, laser engraver or digital web design. Learning the features and shortcuts is well worth the effort.

Inconvénients

There is a learning curve and things are not always intuitive. There are so many functions, toolbars and ways to use Illustrator which makes it frustrating for many people.

Sean G.

The go to Vector Art Software

Publié le 13/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use Illustrator day in and day out. I wouldn't be able to do my job as efficiently if I needed to use any other software.

Avantages

Illustrator is the industry standard software for vector based design. They have been around forever and have made great improvements with nearly every upgrade version. Now with the cloud based solution, it is easy to remain up to date and constantly receiving the new features. User interface is customizable, so you can set everything exactly how you prefer to have it laid out. There are many add-on's available that help to grow the power of the software even further.

Inconvénients

My biggest complaint has been and will always be, until they finally fix it, the size limitations on working / artboard space. I work in an industry that is primarily large and grand format printing, so I can rarely design in Illustrator at full scale. Other vector softwares I have used in the past are not as powerful or convenient as Illustrator, but they have a nearly infinite artboard size available. I have worked in Illustrator for many years, and this has always been a pain, but even more so than that, you can run into issues with stroke widths changing size when scaling up to print if they were not outlined before the size increase which can mean costly reprints if not caught in time.

On a side note, the newest version (2020) crashes constantly for me since upgrading. Never had a bad issue with the software before this latest one. But it is a huge headache.

Sk D.
Secteur d'activité: Formation professionnelle et coaching
Traduire en français

Considered an industry standard but with cons

Publié le 06/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have solved a number of business problems with Adobe Illustrator and I am grateful to have it. In particular the tracing feature has helped me many times by translating a jpg to a vector-based image that is then perfect for design work, fully scalable and easy to send to print. Adobe Illustrator involves some deep investment and the problematic subscription system is causing it to lose customers but to its credit it is continually supplying users with new features and top tools.

Avantages

If your thing is graphic design in a vector format, it has a collection of powerful tools that allow for endless versatility and beautiful final products and with each release this brilliant program just gets better. Yes, there is a learning curve but there is also a myriad of resources to teach a new user how to find their way around this program, which unfolds and becomes fascinating in its depth of capability. I studied Adobe Illustrator in design school and it is a pleasure to use. Work flow can be customized for an individual user. Endless features with powerful abilities. I personally value assets such as batch change and movable panes, as well as Adobe Illustrator's great brush library, endless fonts and a feeling of unlimited functionality for those committed to developing high quality vector-based design.

Inconvénients

There is an online subscription fee with a high cancellation charge and people trying to unsubscribe meet with extremely frustrating customer support. Through its problematic subscription arrangement Adobe is creating a large number of bitter customers. In terms of the program itself, it does have occasional bugs that surface and more seriously, actual crashing issues, although generally Illustrator is great at saving work before crashing. It can run slowly on computers without high amounts (16 gigs) of RAM, and large files can take up a lot of space on your computer. These problems make Adobe Illustrator, which is considered a required program for all new graphic designers, also represent a sort of elitism that I dislike. Customer service failings and the feeling of being trapped in an expensive monthly subscription, along with the near-necessity of sinking at least $1000 into buying a high RAM computer, are not artist-friendly. Adobe didn't used to be like this. It's as if they know their suite of creative tools are industry standard and they are holding designers somewhat at ransom to their reputation, not a marriage everyone wants. However, while there ARE open source and alternative vector design programs for fledgling designers, including ones that are open source and not elitist in the way Adobe currently seems to be, these will also come with their own problems, in particular they will not have Adobe Illustrator's perfect colour-matching and ease of interface.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 4.0/10

David Y.
Secteur d'activité: Édition

An Essential Tool for Graphic Designers

Publié le 16/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I often need to create vector-based art and logos. Vector files are advantageous because they can be scaled to any size with no loss in quality or resolution. Thus, if I need to create a logo that can be sized to 1,200% for a large banner, I can output a vector file in formats such as .eps, .ai, and .pdf that can be used by commercial printers. It's an essential product for this type of work.

Avantages

Adobe Illustrator solves the problems that I need to have solved in my graphic design role. It enables me to create vector-based art and logos, which is essential for printed material. It is an excellent complement to Adobe Photoshop, and I use the two programs interchangeably, and also in harmony with Adobe InDesign.

Inconvénients

Unlike Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator is a bit more complicated to use. However, I found answers to every question I've ever had (there have been many) on the Adobe Help pages as well as via Google searches. New users need to understand that Illustrator is a high-end design program, so the rules that govern its operations are more complex than what you would find in, for example, PowerPoint. However, those who are willing to follow the tutorials will find that Illustrator is an invaluable asset.

Suzanne S.
Secteur d'activité: Design graphique

Industry Standard For Good Reason

Publié le 13/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I consider Illustrator to be an essential program for anyone who works in vector graphics.

Avantages

Overall, this is a wonderful program that has well earned its reputation as industry standard. When working with a lot of precise calculations, perspectives, exact distances, and/or alignments, Illustrator does most of the heavy lifting so I can focus on just creating great art. Working with vectors is a great way to create very polished and clean designs that are infinity scalable.

Small file sizes are also especially handy because it makes it easy to make backup-copies of your layers at different stages in case you ever need access to an earlier version. Even if I've worked with huge dimensions or had hundreds of objects in a single file, I've generally only experienced serious lag if I incorporate non-vector elements to my file, such as placed photographs or special effects like drop shadows.

Illustrator is extremely handy to use in conjunction with other Adobe products. I've especially frequently created a vector in Illustrator then copied it over to Photoshop or InDesign. When pasting things into Photoshop, I can create a Smart Object so that I can still edit it in Illustrator and it will then automatically update in Photoshop.

Inconvénients

Some of the keyboard shortcuts, such as select/deselect all, are different between different Adobe products like Illustrator and Photoshop. While this can be customized by users, that isn't always possible in situations like one of my old jobs where I shared a computer with another designer and we constantly went back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop. Improving consistency between Adobe products would allow for smoother workflow.

The perspective tools can also be rather clunky to use sometimes. One of the most frustrating aspects has been if I need to use any shape-building tools on an object already in perspective - after I've used the shape building tools, I can no longer use the perspective move tool because Illustrator tries to reapply the perspective onto an object already in perspective. Another example is that the 3D tools don't automatically have options in the drop-down menu to work with the perspective grid in place. If you, for instance, want to extrude an object and place it into alignment with your perspective grid, you have to either do the math yourself to create a custom extrude, or you have to manually rotate and extrude the object without the use of the 3D tool.

On occasion, I have also had issues with art dimension size limitations and had to copy to Photoshop to enlarge to the size I needed to print.

I also dislike that this program is currently only available through subscription.