Avis sur Adobe Captivate Prime

Adobe Captivate Prime

LMS for self-paced, instructor-led and blended learning

4.4/5 (59 avis)

The easiest, quickest LMS I've ever used

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 08.08.2017

Avantages

1. In less than two hours, I had set up Captivate Prime. I had no hassles or problems.
2. The menus and options are easy to understand and look modern.
3. Despite the ease of use, I can do just about anything I'd want an LMS to do with Prime.
4. I can set up user roles and permissions at six different levels, including Learner.
5. I can set up external users, those outside my organization, and send them all a link to let them set up their own login and password, saving me a lot of time and ensuring greater security.
6. Prime lets me set up sets of skills for learners to achieve and tie them to learning objectives.
7. I can upload courses, videos, PowerPoint, PDF files and more and they show nicely using Prime's Fluidic Player.
8. There's a free app to use Prime on mobile devices.
9. The Reports that Prime generates out of the box are very nice, and I can also create my own.
10. There are gamification and branding options too.

Inconvénients

It would be nice if Adobe offered trials longer than 30 days for those who want to try out the product because it can take a while to really put it through its paces.

Support client

In our use of Captivate, we found the software simple and easy to use, however it requires some R&D

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 06.06.2018

Avantages

Adobe is int lead when it comes to Learning Management Software (LMS). We primarily used this software to create interactive learning modules. These modules were based on various presentations that we wanted to convert from PowerPoint to something more interesting. Needless to say that Adobe delivered. The software allowed us to record our actions which allowed our end users to follow our directions step-by-step. Similar to other LMS, Adobe allows users to narrate our lectures and add closed captioning for those who prefer reading directions.
Lastly, the output quality of the videos is top notch, which is unsurprising for a company such as Adobe.

Inconvénients

The system requires some research and development to get started. The more simple tools are not hard to understand, however, if you are trying to be creative it requires either a course or a lot of Google searches. As great as the closed captioning option is, from a design standpoint, they do not look as good as they could. Lastly, trying to set up quizzes and export them for use is quite frustrating, the file formats are not backward compatible.

great for course creation

Publié le 14.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our instructional designer uses this for the most part and sometimes I use it for our team when I need to create a financial webinar.

Avantages

So we have an instructional designer who uses this program to create courses. The great thing is that it works well with the rest of the products that are part of the adobe suite. Furthermore it's a great asset for our graphic designer as well. It serves multiple functions and a great buy.

Inconvénients

My only issue is that it seems to have a steeper learning curve because of all the options, this can be a bit confusing but once you get passed the initial hump it's a great tool.

Support client

Many features but quite a few work around, that can be quite frustrating to work with.

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 07.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is good if you have the ability to fully train a staff member on how to use the application. The user needs to be focused on this as their primary job if you want to produce a quality project.

Avantages

Lots of different functionality within the application, to create dynamic and responsive projects. Many different avenues to run through so that users of the project won't be bored.

Inconvénients

The customer support is not helpful. I have had multiple situations where myself or my coworker have run into an issue and it is quite hard to convey it to the support staff. They don't appear to be experts in their own application, which makes it hard to explain the issue.

5.0/10

Good Authoring Tool but has bugs

Publié le 04.10.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Captivate 9 has contained some really nice features. Some work properly but others do not. This can be frustrating if you create a course surrounding a certain functionality, only to realize the bugs have not been quite worked out. With that said - the partner plug-ins with E-learning Bros is fantastic and a welcome addition.

Familiar platform.

Inconvénients

Quiz feature will not work properly if course is narrated and has content located after quiz. Quix features should be upgraded.

7.0/10

You'll love it if you are an adobe fan

Publié le 23.08.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

it's useful for creating e learning courses

Avantages

What's great about captivate is that it works really well with the rest of the adobe suite, so if you started your career as a graphic designer you'd be able to transition to a career such as instructional design with that background alone. It's very easy to use and pick up and if you've other e-authoring tools like storyline and lectora you'll feel right at home. Great piece of software.

Inconvénients

I found it harder to pick up than I did storyline and I think this is because of my experience with powerpoint and the fact that I learned that first. It's also not as robust as storyline however, this is offset by the adobe suite.

Adobe Captivate Prime. Fluid, Intelligent, Saves Time and Flexible

Publié le 28.06.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Work intelligently and is productive until the end, import your Power Point slides in Adobe Capivate, introduce objects, animations and multimedia, easily update the content, it gives you the perfect resource for your online learning projects. Superate yourself.

Avantages

The Tool surpasses itself, offers the most attractive interactive and independent content without complications, automatically transforms your old projects into flexible projects offering a great viewing experience with the integration of Adobe Typekit

Inconvénients

The complexities in your tasks, is not to click the Adobe Captivate button.
Do not miss the opportunity to use all the resources that this tool gives you

Probabilité de recommander le produit

It's a powerful software and would probably be 5 stars if I only had time to learn it better!

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 17.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Over the years, I've learned how to use Adobe Captivate using the 'self-taught' method. So I know there's even more to it than I'm utilizing, but it's still pretty simple to pick-up and start using after a bit of normal trial-and-error. But very powerful...pretty user friendly...and pretty intuitive.
It was originally designed for tracking and recording on-screen directions/tutorials, but I've used it primarily as a enhanced PowerPoint presentation with voiceovers, navigation, etc.
Solid software and one that can really enhance your online training content!

Avantages

pretty intuitive to use and user friendly, especially in a situation such as mine where it was self-taught

Inconvénients

sometimes hard to find (remember!) what is where in terms of features and click buttons

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Incredible plattform for eLearning delivery

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 26.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

If you are evaluating design alternatives you must prove Adobe Captivate Prime, there are a lot of possibilities of create an very attractive UI for learners, also check the Solving Problem blog that have a wonderfull and usefull features

Avantages

Great capabilities fro design, very good options in socialising contents, goods engagements options as badges, also permit design your owns. Others features as integration with Adobe Creative Suite made of Adobe Captivate a must have for all whos design an learning and elearning programs

Inconvénients

We dont have a significative cons on the use of the trial period, in fact all of our requirements of design related to quality UI, easy of use, social features, was covered. We only add more Gamming options to make it better

Probabilité de recommander le produit

A magnificent tool, is able to enhance engagement and with this tool plus your creativity you can create magic. simply excellent

Publié le 17.04.2018

Fantastic tool..

Avantages

the graphical interface, the multiple options that it offers you, how easy it is to use it, in short "an experience for the user".

Inconvénients

few own options for communication, integration or socialization among the participants, is not decisive, but increases the cost and complexity at the time of putting together an interactive training.

An Instructional Design Tool I Can't Live Without

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 17.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I utilize this as an instructional system designer to create courses while are delivered to the user via an LMS. Using SCORM reporting, thanks to Adobe Captivates ability to export in SCORM, we've been able to track problem areas in our courses by analyzing the usage data. This is a CPI that would not have otherwise been able to realize without utilizing a hearty instructional design tool.

Avantages

Adobe Captivate's features scale to the user's skill and desire of depth of customization. One could make a simple slideshow with a voice-over and publish in video form or one could create a highly interactive, custom-coded, and immersive SCORM or SAML unit with several programmed learning paths all available on mobile devices of different sizes and PC/Mac.

Inconvénients

I would like to see the interface updated to a flat UI with much more modern animations without having to import from a custom flash object.

7.0/10

Not a lot of improvement from past versions.

Publié le 16.02.2018

Avantages

It's Captivate. It's the best option for turning a power point presentation into SCORM content available right now.

Inconvénients

I've been using the program since Captivate 6 and there's not a whole lot of upgrade or improvements made to the newer versions. They typically lock-up my system, while others don't.

6.0/10

ABSOLUTLEY LOVE!!!

Publié le 07.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Best software for training! I would recommend it to anyone!

Avantages

Best training software that I have ever used!!! Was able to create trainings, quizes, presentations for in glass room group training, complete training for center overseas with out having to leave my desk! Success rate was amazing!

Inconvénients

It took some time to figure it out. I was self taught, there are so many features and functions that you could do anything with it, as long as you knew what you were doing.

Great Tool

Publié le 17.04.2018

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I use this daily and once I used it for awhile, I love it.

Publié le 20.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Refresher training is much easier.

Avantages

The user end is great. I can roll out refresher training that reps can take at their desks with little interruption.

Inconvénients

It takes longer to build the program than others expect. To do anything special, it takes quite awhile to put together.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

adobe excellent complement for browsers

Publié le 28.03.2018

Avantages

the best of adobe, is that thanks to its accessories you can access pages, without losing or complicating

Inconvénients

what I did not like about adobe, is that sometimes it sends you to update, and it does not let you enter some pages

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I'm a hands on type of person

Publié le 20.03.2018

Avantages

I like that I can track the LMS myself. It helps me to know what direction we need to go in real time.

Inconvénients

The setup process was long and a little tedious but was necessary, they helped with training though.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

By far not as easy as described

Publié le 30.05.2017

Avantages

will probably work well with other adobe products. the layout is very simple, so learners will easily find their way. for the administrator there is not much to adjust.

Inconvénients

not all created courses show up when creating a learning program. no way to find out why. if the forums do not help, it is not possible to contact adobe, at least in my country

Support client

Adobe continues to provide great eLearning development tools - Captivate is the best!

Publié le 09.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I can create a set of modular courses or a single course with multiple modules. The flexibility and navigational options meet my every branching need.

Avantages

The ability to create vibrant and effective online learning courses without a great deal of training.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I use Adobe Captivate Prime to create content.

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 30.03.2018

Avantages

I like that Adobe Captivate Prime allows me to do things I cannot do with more basic software and that there are so many features.

Inconvénients

I find that Adobe Captivate Prime can be very complicated. Like most Adobe products, it is not very intuitive.

Support client

I believe this is a fantastic sofware for its time, but I think it has a long way to go.

Publié le 07.11.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

E-Learning is a great way to provide corporate training and has a lot of practical applications. Adobe allows for customized e-Learning courses with many options to the admins.

Avantages

The biggest pro is that the software has a ton of capabilities. I give it a 5 in overall quality because I think what Adobe has done is fantastic in terms of the other competition. When I compare it to other e-Learning softwares I think Adobe Captivate Prime takes the cake with the LMS integration, and easy to understand (not intuitive without training) features, the software is ahead of its time.

Inconvénients

I think other e-Learning creation tools will start to pass up Adobe Captivate Prime if they do not continue to make updates to make it easier to use. Users need to go through intense training to learn how to use the software (let alone to understand the educational philosophies of creating a good training). I think we will see a day when there is very little to no training required in order to navigate e-Learning creation software.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

We used this software at the college and at the studio, during masterclasses.

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 08.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

To set up and manage learners during masterclass and short courses. Everything was fine and overall I and my team were really satisfied with managing this professional platform.

Avantages

It's actually one of the best platforms to setup, manage and track a learning team / learners that want to participate in a virtual course, masterclass, especially for e-learning and studying from abroad. Ideal for short courses, training, presentations, professional coaching etc.

Extremely powerful but unintuitive

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 09.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Enhanced software simulations and professional, polished final products.

Avantages

This is an excellent tool for software simulations. Users can track and recreate clicks, interactions, and typing. Indicators on screen are clear and visible, and Captivate allows for pauses and narration. Speaking purely from an eLearning development perspective, this software is about as powerful and functional as most people will need, and the end product turns out easy to use and pleasing to look at.

Inconvénients

As with most Adobe software, Captivate is *not* intuitive. It has a wealth of functionality, much of which is buried in thick menus or dozens of buttons. Users will need to invest time in reading guides and experimenting with the program. It is not something most people will be able to pick up and dive into.

Adobe Captivate Prime

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 25.05.2018

Avantages

Adobe Captivate prime has a really simple administration panel which makes the administration functions really easy to handle. Also it allows you to monitor the students progress throughout the course.

Inconvénients

The only con I found it's that in order to upload content you need to use an user called "author" which is the only one allowed to create courses. Nevertheless it can be a nice way to organize permissions on the platform.

7.0/10

A great tool for building training videos

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 08.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The ability to create easy e-learning video tutorials

Avantages

I love that it's intuitive to use. There are a lot of functions at first, but you get to know what everything is and then it's pretty easy. The ability to create e-learning training videos easily is fantastic.

Inconvénients

There's a lot going on if you don't know what you're doing - it can get a bit confusing. There are some glitches that happen a fair bit, like freezing or shutting down on me. And the cost is pretty high.