70 avis

NCR Aloha

Un système de point de vente pour restaurants optimisé pour les appareils portables.

3,6 /5 (70 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
70 avis
Edward L.

Aloha Everybody

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have partnered with NCR and have had a great experience from install to support.

Avantages

Ease of use and the ability for our management teams to continue to program easily with out support.

Inconvénients

The software and hardware were outdated in 7 years and cost a good amount of money. It’s understandable that technology advances exponentially however It becomes an annoyance to spend so much money for a limited time frame. NCR should have a trade program to help with the transition.

Peggy S.
Traduire en français

NCR Aloha is here to stay

Publié le 10/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Very satisfied with the software programming overall. Very happy with our local account rep and local support. The support they give us is tremendous. We have been with Aloha / NCR for six years, started with 4 locations, and have added 3 more in the last 4 years. We have the same account rep which is terrific. He knows our Brand, our set up, and is able to make valuable suggestions to make us successful.

Avantages

Asking the right questions to the right people, NCR can pretty much do anything we request. We use most of your product, including take out and delivery. I like that everything is integrated.
We upgraded to command center from secure access to manager our 7 locations, great software. Having terminal access to the locations is great for testing and training.
Management loves the Pulse App.

Inconvénients

The way take out and delivery is programmed through AO. The delay between the POS data base and ATO is tedious.

The help desk support lately has not been as good since COVID. Most issues need to be escalated to a level 3 tech, and no one can be found when needed. Waiting and waiting for a call back. We have to reach out to our local support in most cases to finish the support call. Very frustrating for our teams in the restaurant.

Patrick L.
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

Review of Aloha

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 14/12/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Good - We enjoyed working with the local branch and helping us set up or system.

Avantages

The ability to integrate with many other third party software companies was very important to us. We are anticipating scaling in size quickly over the next few years and didn't want to outgrow our system.

Inconvénients

None - we are happy with the software. We would perhaps like more training so that we can fully utilize parts of the software that we may not know exist.

Utilisateur vérifié

Aloha to Aloha

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 21/08/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Aloha was a leader in the industry, but I don't feel they have kept up with the other, newer and more streamlined systems. I've often felt as though they keep trying to put makeup on the old version and not bring anything new. But the cost associated with this system is astronomical.

Avantages

I really like the setup and the presentation of the software. The older versions were always clean and I like that they kept this through the years. The software works well and is user-friendly. The layout is nice and easy to read and find what you are looking for. I mostly liked the ability to pull up the reporting on my phone via the app. It was amazing!

Inconvénients

This program continues to grow and expand but I don't feel it is doing so in a good way. While they focus on what they have always done, other systems provide more and seem to do so in a more streamlined manner. The support is lacking and hard to get through to the right person to help. They use so many people or satellite companies that have limited resources. I used one that said they were large and could handle all we were rolling out, but they could not. They were never there when we needed them.

Andrew M.

My Review

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, it's been a mixed experience. Our local retailer got bought out by NCR and that's been a difficult process because the level of personal support changed for the worse. One of our largest deployments was delayed by six months+ because they couldn't supply us with hardware! Yes, NCR could not supply the stuff they manufacture. But again, that's not a software issue. Specifically software, it's been a good experience.

Avantages

Device compatibility across windows workstations. Ease of end user use and ease of basic programming.

Inconvénients

The worst part for us is the lack of the ability to push out changes to terminals without doing a complete system refresh and taking the entire FOH down for > 3 minutes. Often we'll notice a price or an item issue during business hours and have to take the whole FOH down just to update a modifier or something of the like. Also, there's no compatible tablets that work with chip and pin to line bust and run faster drive thru service. That's more of a hardware issue for sure, but it's a real sour note for us. Additionally the IBER process seems to be pretty fragile when using third party services like omnivore and even above store reporting suites. We'll have an IBER crash at least once a week during a busy shift.

Scott K.

Easy Choice

Publié le 09/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've had great experiences with Aloha over the years. Customer support knows when to escalate issues and generally the response times are quick. The software is easy to learn for FOH and back office manager functions are intuitive.

Avantages

Aloha has the capability to handle any concept protype in development then seamlessly transition into multi-units. Reporting structure is best in class with unit level metrics remaining a priority.

Inconvénients

NCR Aloha is one of the pricier options which should really only be utilized with multi units. It's too robust and complicated for the average mom and pop place.

Peter M.
Traduire en français

It always comes down to service

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 20/04/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

Avantages

It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Inconvénients

Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should.
Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Andrew V.

Great back office product

Publié le 25/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Absolutely great across the board

Avantages

All aspects of back office management is well integrated into one platform.

Inconvénients

Sometimes has long lags in between screens.

Julia U.

15+ years experience using Aloha POS

Publié le 07/06/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Aloha used to be more an industry standard but they are falling behind the times due to outdated software and ease of integration.

Avantages

Ease of usability for Front of house
Reliable
Industry Standard/ Familiarity
Good customer service if you pay for that service

Outdated software
Limited additional software upgrades
Lack of reporting options/ We use secondary program to generate reports (CTUIT)

Kurt B.

Upgrade is a disaster

Publié le 06/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Poor communication from support. Doesn’t seem like anyone cares. They fix one problem and create another. I’ve had Aloha for 18 years and after this Windows 10 upgrade I will be looking for a new POS system when the next upgrade is required

Avantages

Easy to use when it is working. User friendly.

Inconvénients

New upgrade has a lot of issues and it doesn’t seem like anyone has the knowledge to fix them. Spend way to much time dealing with these issues. They fix one problem and create another.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 0.0/10

Greg C.

NCR Aloha

Publié le 03/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our overall experience with NCR has been great. The product, while it may be on the higher side of pricing, is well worth what you pay for. You just have to utilize it properly.

Avantages

We started out with multiple POS systems across our properties, NCR was the easiest to use and most user friendly for FOH and BOH staff. It is easy to train on and easy to deploy once you have multiple locations. We have tried many other POS providers out there and NCR has always been responsive and quick to solve any issues or answer any questions that may come up.

Inconvénients

Built in reporting lacks compared to other providers, their online reporting tool is good but still has a ways to go when compared to Avero. The initial roll-out of connected payments was needed by us and I wish we would have not went with the Verifone pin pad product they offered at the time. They quite often break down and are buggy.

Nichole S.

Aloha! Hello!

Publié le 10/12/2017

Avantages

Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Inconvénients

Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

Kathy O.

Aloha POS works great

Publié le 09/12/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Overall this product works very well, and is very easy to figure out if you sit and learn for a bit. There are many integrated functions that allow us to do many things within the system. The staff finds it very easy to use as well. Very few problems.

Avantages

I can edit most things on my own, and the ease of changing things in the POS is fairly simple. The ergonomic design makes it easy for staff to use.

Inconvénients

I think the customer service sometimes lacks, in terms of getting through to the right person to help and then the problem never truly being resolved. Some of the buttons I have needed in the past, are not allowed on my end and I have to call and have someone add them to my end which is silly.

Brent B.

Aloha for Restaurant Chains

Publié le 03/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall very positive, my rep responds to issues quickly. The helpdesk at night and on weekends needs further training to resolve issues quicker.

Avantages

The Aloha system is easy to use, easy to update, and is stable.

Inconvénients

I would like to see Aloha partner with large delivery companies to develop a seem less software addition for incoming orders. It also would be nice to see Configuration Center have an option for live screen view when you are building out menus.

Vince S.

Ease of use Software

Publié le 08/05/2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Been using Aloha POS software at three of our restaurants. Easy to train staff. Only negative is that NCR is too big of company to respond to customers needs on a timely basis.

Avantages

Quick to learn. Great for multi units operations. No monthly fees, can purchase Aloha outright. Provides necessary reports to efficiently run and operate your business. Durability.

Inconvénients

NCR support response time to issues . Monthly Fees for optional products e-cards, loyalty. Unable to purchase swipe e-cards from other sources.

Don P.

POS functionality

Publié le 17/01/2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

It is too difficult to navigate the back of the house functionality. There are too many steps involved.

Avantages

Ease of use for servers in that the categorization and screens are easy to follow and remember. The checkout feature for daily data capturing is also very usefull.

Inconvénients

Back of the house programming. Changing buttons and designing screens, along with changing the footer on the customer ticket, is too difficult to navigate easily.

Robert A.

Best POS enterprise on market

Publié le 29/05/2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Have used over 4 different POS enterprises. Aloha and NCR is best service and options no questions asked

Avantages

Have used full service, QSR, and mobile pos products and always have been satisfied. Hosted services are a huge plus. Customer support is always painless and quick to produce a solution.

Inconvénients

A little pricey but worth paying. If app is implemented it is based off POS database making some changes to the app not feasible

Robert C.
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Overall Satisfaction

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great and proactive experience.

Avantages

As a franchise organization, I like the back of the house reporting and capabilities. Easy to use for the front of the house.

Inconvénients

Programing new items into the software can be very time consuming.

Anthony A.
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Perfect for Restaurants

Publié le 11/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Overall it works great with ADP interface for timekeeping.

Avantages

Aloha is perfect for restaurants industries. I used it at Fatburger at all our store locations. We pulled payroll hours and exported it into ADP easily.

Inconvénients

I can't say much about what I liked least about it since I only used it for payroll purposes. However it had over great functions.

Raleigh L.

Aloha POS

Publié le 08/06/2017

Avantages

Aloha is amazing if you know how to work it.... You can run everything through it, reports, inventory, sales. It tracks what the employees are entering and who is voiding out tickets.

Inconvénients

You have to take a class in order to really understand the full potential Aloha offers. We have used the system for 4 years and i am still having trouble figuring out each function.

Thomas H.

Dependable product

Publié le 24/07/2018

Avantages

We used Aloha in most restaurants I've worked. I have used Aloha in Central America in 4 different locations. Purchased by owners for its ease of use.

Inconvénients

Its older designs are not easily updateable. Support used to be a crapshoot, but now in the super competitive market of specialized POS, I'm sure they have improved their phone professionalism.

Michael T.

CEO

Publié le 10/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

A positive experience - works as advertised - we added Aloha features liek ATO, OLO nd these continue to challenge us.

Avantages

Robust - does a lot of things. In fact does more than we know how to do.

Inconvénients

Too complicated - not intuitive. Take a long tome to understand it. And - after using for 15 years - we still done know all it can do.

Jenica B.
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

Just ok.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 12/09/2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

The system could have changed since I used it but I didn’t exactly love it where I am primary English.

Avantages

It had a lot of different features. Many options for different reports(ie tax and sales) and customer information.

Inconvénients

Once I learned the system it was easy but there was so many steps to get from point A to point B sometimes. Also I used this software at an old workplace and it was all in French. Although it had an English option not everything translated and some of the things that did simply didn’t make sense.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 2.0/10

Richard C.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

Aloha POS

Publié le 14/03/2017

Avantages

I like the ease of use. Even a brand new employee of a company can jump right in and use this intuitive software. Also you can use it as an in house system or could based.

Inconvénients

Setting up in house can be more confusing if a restaraunt or store is doing it themselves. Takes a little bit of tech knowledge to setup.

Tina H.
Traduire en français

Very easy to use and to teach

Publié le 29/06/2017

Avantages

Very user friendly, easy to teach to new employees. Easy to process payments and close out checks. Easiest use for bartenders I've seen.

Inconvénients

Different functions available at different places I've worked at. If there is ever a power outage there is no built in backup battery or access to the open checks.