Avis sur Avast for Business

4.3/5 (216 avis)

Computer Disabler

Publié le 15.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I feel like they were a great company but now have an incompetent manager handling the AV product. The fact that the first change they made going downhill was disabling the user interface settings from actually making changes was a tell-tale sign of the new direction.

Avantages

This software completely protected my PC for 4+ years. It was simple and effective to use. Not any more

Inconvénients

The updates blocked numerous features on my computer. Particularly network access. It first blocked and disabled all file sharing (have 3 computers on the network) just over a year ago. I went to the settings in Avast and re-enabled file sharing. The settings no longer matter, once Avast locks something down now, no matter what the user interface says, it is emphatically disabled. The next thing disabled 6 months ago was incoming connections for LAN games, preventing the user from participating in social games. In order to play or share files we had to disable Avast first. Tried to get help with support, was told it would be fixed in the next version. The next version did not fix it, the next version disabled all OUTGOING game traffic as well. At this point, all features of having the computer on a network was blocked by Avast. No file or printer shares, no network games of any kind (Steam, minecraft, WoW, Flash), restricted from common websites and long wait times for anything to load. The only thing we could do on the computer was local files, browse the web (no flash), or watch youtube. In order to do anything else we had to disable Avast. Finally decided to just disable it permanently and uninstalled. WOW. all internet access is back, booting and applications load in less than 1/5 of the time from before, File and Printer sharing is back and very snappy and the kids are happily playing games again.

No More Virus' Free

Publié le 06.12.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I remember the days of dealing with virus after virus, popup after disgusting and embarrassing popup. When I started using AVG and Advanced System Care the viruses, malware and computer slowdowns have been virtually non-existent. However, after a few years of using AVG, they started popping up ads and limiting their service so a little bit of malware started creeping in so I moved to Avast (at the recommendation of a computer geek friend of mine).

Although I do get tired of Avast popping up upgrades to their paid version, it is acceptable because I am not paying for the service. The paid version does have a few tantalizing features but I am still not convinced I need them. The free version keeps viruses and malware from afflicting my surfing capabilities and that is the main reason I need this level of security.

Another important factor: We sell a CRM that also offers drip marketing capabilities. Some popular anti-virus products such as McAfee and Norton, will cause issues stopping emails from going out causing extreme frustration to our clients. I tell them to junk those programs and try Avast then their problems go away.

Avantages

No hassles, no viruses, no wasting time.

Inconvénients

Occasional popups trying to get you to upgrade to their paid version.

My pros and cons of using Avast For Business

Publié le 19.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Avast is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 as well as with Windows Vista and XP SP3. You can also download and install it on your Mac computer (it must be running OSX) and your Android device.

Avantages

This is a good anti viruses software it does what it is supposed to do. You can set up specific times for it to do a scan to keep your files save and quarantine unwanted files. It gives you the option to control what happens to the file after it has been quarantined. It does not slow up your pc or any other device while it is running or scanning your device. Its a pretty decent software. I been using this on all my devices for years.

Inconvénients

I think the dashboard could include more details it is pretty basic just threats found, files scanned. overview of your threat activity is pretty basic. Avast offers different forms of customer support such as FAQs, email support and telephone support for a consumer but businesses are limited to help and facts and questions.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

It is easy to configure and use, and provides good protection against viruses and malicious software

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It has allowed me to keep my PC free of viruses and malicious software, giving me peace of mind when I'm working with my pc

Avantages

It is compatible with all windows versions, it does not consume many hardaware resources with 256 MB of RAM. 1.5 GB of free hard disk space works.
It is the best antivirus protection with anti-spyware, anti-rootkit and a strong self-protection built into itself to prevent any malware from disconnecting it. Update your database of virus definitions daily.
It has a good heuristic; that is the technique used by antivirus to recognize malicious codes such as viruses, worms, Trojans, among others. and that are not in your database. Like most antivirus, it protects in real time and also monitors the most common ways of virus entry, such as P2P programs, instant messaging programs and email.
It is an antivirus that detects viruses of all types (Trojan or spies) even those that are capable of modifying themselves. Avast incorporates a very useful tool to protect the system called 'WebRep. Its operation determines the range of danger of the web pages visited, classifying them by a system of colors. It has a free trial version for you to try and you can say acquire it

Inconvénients

Annoying alerts: Avast! They can be quite annoying. They come activated by default. Free aversion does not have the same functionality as pay. On the other hand it puts a little slow the pc

Probabilité de recommander le produit

the most efficient antivirus you can use

Publié le 20.04.2018

Is free
It is light. It does not require many computer resources.
It is the best free antivirus protection available, with anti-spyware, anti-rootkit and a strong self-protection built into itself to prevent any malware from disconnecting it.
Update your database of virus definitions daily.
It has a good heuristic; which is the technique used by antivirus to recognize malicious codes such as viruses, worms, Trojans, etc. and that are not in your database.

Inconvénients

if you do not have internet it will not be updated,
only in English
it consumes you many resources of the pc
It has no firewall

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Simple and elegant but lots of features

Publié le 07.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Wonderful full featured antivirus with a good track record and a great home version as well

Avantages

Avast! is one of very few antivirus solutions that my clients use at work and at home, and that crossover makes it even more powerful. The download scans stop most threats before they become an issue and having virtually the same program as a constant at home and at work makes users more comfortable with the interface and the functions. The included VPN, firewall , and sandbox features made this a great tool for our business

Inconvénients

The popups can confuse new users and cause some concern. Additionally, security alerts are sometimes mistaken for regular notifications if sound is off or muffled by a noisier setting

My experience with using Avast Business Antivirus software

Publié le 27.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I recommend this software to everyone it does what it says it does and what it is supposed to do. Its also very user friendly.

Avantages

I like this software because it is simple and user friendly. It seems to do everything that it is meant to do. It finds harmful files and gives me the option of what to do with them when it finds them. I use this software on all my devices including my cell phone. It does not really slow down your device when it is running or scanning for harmful files. I have had no issues with it will keep using for my default antivirus app.

Inconvénients

There is not really to much negative I could mention about this software. I wish it had more device options like duplicate file finder and delete, or being able to uninstall programs no matter what device I am using. I been using this software program for a long time and have had no issues or regrets

Avast Business Antivirusus pros and cons

Publié le 02.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The paid version is way better than the free version in my opinion and it comes with more options for you to utilize.

Avantages

This is the only antiviruse I use it is installed on all my devices. I am a simple person who likes simple apps that do what they are supposed to do which is what this app does. It does not ever slow down my device when doing its thing either in the background or doing a full scan. It gives me the option to choose what I want to do with harmful files it finds. It also has a few various options that could help you to optimize your device with.

Inconvénients

The only thing I could think of that I wish it had is there is no fire wall or anti spam feature. Also I wish they had more features to choose from to help with how device operates, such as duplicate file finder and defrag options. I still recommend to everyone but that is just me.

A very good antivirus

Publié le 07.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

No virus infection since I use it.

Avantages

I like that it "lurks" in the background and only pops-up when something is detected. This is on my work computer and until now (almost 2 years) never had a problem with a virus. Ransomware is the scare here (lots of business documents), but up until now no infection. It also has multiple integrations (browser, email) and thus protects when browsing as well - very good against phishing.

Inconvénients

If there's one thing I can complain about it's the fact that whenever you visit Google Play (or iOS), you get a notification in the tray that you could install their mobile app on Android. Although I'm on a desktop. Feels a bit intrusive.

My pros and cons of using Avast for Business software

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 06.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The new and improved malware and viruses detection is awesome and I feel awesome in keeping your pc safe from unwanted and harmful files. i recommend everyone to try this software and it has a incredible password manager

Avantages

First of all I love how you can install it on any device you use and it will not interfere or slow up whatever device you are using while its running or checking for unwanted files. It does what it is supposed to do. It also has a lot of features like a password manager which really helps me manage my passwords because I have so many of them. that is one of my favorite features. It is very user friendly as far as I am concerned.

Inconvénients

There is only a few negative things I could think of to say about this software which is a good thing. It does not have its own Firewall to help block unwanted files and there is no anti spam feature, that would make it that much cooler if there was. Other than that I like using this software and recommend it to everyone.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

We've had a very positive experience. Bottom line, this product makes our business more profitable.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This software makes our business more profitable by allowing technicians to quickly eliminate problems and service tickets.

Avantages

What I like most about this software is the ease in setting up a new client network, as well as the many integration points with other important MSP software. I've used several RMM products and they all have their quirks, customizations and learning curves. This is among the best I've used. We also like that Avast Antivirus and Antimalware is bundled in with the product.

Inconvénients

I wish it was easier to customize reports, and I wish there was a dedicated self guided training/learning/certification program for this product.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

They protect me for more than decade!

Publié le 27.02.2018

Avantages

When I in past was selecting the Antivirus for my computer, the Avast was a good choice between price, features and computer resource usage. When i used antivirus from other company, it has noticeably bigger resource usage and this makes them useless. And nowdays i still using Avast for my PC and i'm still satisfied by the protection, pricing model and by the usage.
- Low resource usage
- Protection coverage
- Lot of features
- Support forum

Inconvénients

I don't like popups which sometimes are displayed and otherwise i didn't found any issues and problems, so i can't type more least like comments about Avast.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Program didn't function as promised, then after "uninstalling it" it inhibited my system processes

Publié le 01.02.2018

No benefits whatsoever

Avantages

It was fairly easy to use and navigate, also easy to install and there are free versions.

Inconvénients

Didn't work. Bottom line was it wouldn't scan every file and easily blocked viruses still got through off of commonly used sites. After getting the viruses cleaned up I tried to uninstall the software but it left remnants that would not uninstall. These remnants then interfered with the functionality of my machine, disabling drivers, and inhibiting access to the internet. After going through the computer file by file and manually removing the troublesome files and codes, my machine ran fine.

0.0/10

Good free antivirus, now with tools

Publié le 07.05.2018

Avantages

Good antivirus for PC, with an easy to use interface, is free and has a good heuristic; to recognize malicious codes such as viruses, worms, trojans, etc. and protects in real time and also monitors the most common ways of virus entry, such as P2P programs, messaging programs protects. It also has features, such as a WiFi network scanner, shielding the network against intruders
Update your database daily

Inconvénients

One of its main disadvantages is that it does not have protection against rasomware, Backdoorsy and has no firewall and to update the database you need to have an internet connection

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Cool and Smart product with latest tech for your business protection

Publié le 21.04.2015

Avantages

Ideal solution for SOHO networks of up to 199 computers and no servers. So, it becomes ideal for Small and medium businesses who need to protect their workstations and don't need to pay additionally for the server protection.Also, depending on the network configuration, it offers the choice of consoles which is a very unique feature.

Further, one issue which I have always faced with antivirus solutions is that they tend to occupy a lot of resources and critically slow down the machine. Thankfully, with Avast this is not the case. It takes moderate resources and there is no noticeable slow down of the machine. Also, the ability of Enterprise Administration Console to support mobile devices is good to have.

Inconvénients

It is only effective when the devices are within the network. Once the device is out of the network, It does not provide a way to protect data located on stolen/lost devices.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Excellent antivirus software, the best I've used in years

Publié le 01.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Nearly complete and updated antivirus protection

Avantages

It is the best antivirus protection available, with anti-spyware, anti-rootkit and a strong built-in auto-protection to prevent any malware from disconnecting it, it is updated daily, it has a good heuristic to recognize malicious codes such as viruses, worms, trojans , etc., as well as most of the antivirus, protects in real time and also monitors the instant messaging and email programs

Inconvénients

If there is no internet connection it will not be updated, it does not hide the IP very well; In general, some options are missing

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I have been using Avast for years and it has been of unquestionable power and efficiency.

Publié le 28.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The clean-up option from system startup is quite comprehensive in the display of corrupted files and virus hosting

Avantages

The integration with browsers and mobile devices is powerful, its constant tracking and alerting is very accurate when browsing and installing applications, keeps my computers optimal and the best for me is that it does not slow down according to the use of resources.

Inconvénients

I believe that there is no perfect antivirus, however, Avast keeps constant alerts that lead the user to be more cautious according to the use of the browser and download and installation of applications.

Great Value for Anti Virus software

Publié le 13.04.2018

Avantages

It uses so little resources that you never know it is running. It is the only anti-virus software we used that does not cause issues in out super sensitive database software. Even better, it is one of the best values out there. We never had any virus, malware, or other issue since we started using the software. Couldn't be more pleased

Inconvénients

I really don't have a complaint. Customer support was used maybe once and I think it was as good as any other so I gave three stars but that is hardly a knock on them or a reason to not get the software.

I like using the Avast Software

Publié le 15.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Avast for Business is a cloud-based endpoint security solution aimed squarely at the busienss user. It provides critical protection to Window PCs and Mac devices along with Mic servers.

Avantages

I use the Avast software on my pc for years it is a good thorough antivirus. It does basically everything it is supposed to do. I like using cloud based systems that hold your data in the storage so you can access it from every device you use. In addition it provides malware protection, scanning, anti-phishing, regularly streamed updates and application control

Inconvénients

if you are a business you are limited to FAQs and email help support only which could slow business development down dealing with some one over email. Nothing else negative I could think of.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

The best antivirus in the market

Publié le 22.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It has been protecting my personal computer for a long time, it's the best antivirus on the market

Avantages

Avast is the best antivirus, it is really fast, and since most antivirus tend to slow down computers, avast's speed is really wonderful. It's firewall is not really agressive and is easy to customize so it wont crash your programs. It's antispyware software and popup blocker makes navigation really comfortable and not a traumatizing process.

Inconvénients

It's customer support is not that good and the Graphic User Interface can be buggy and opens painfully slow

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Avast is the perfect antivirus for me

Publié le 13.05.2018

Avantages

The biggest advantage for me is that Avast does not put high load on my PC. I use heavy software and Avast is perfect for my needs as it does not take lots of my resources.
It's secure and reliable antivirus software. I like that you can disable all shields with just one click.
Avast design is great. I love the dark theme and the simplicity. Makes it really simple to use.
I can highly recommend it!

Inconvénients

Avast does not have Anti-Spam and Ransomware features. Rather than these I do not find any other downsides.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

The best antivirus I have ever used

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

In my opinion avast offers the best protection and it doesn't slow down my computer at all, it is wonderful.

Avantages

I love avast, it is the best antivirus I have ever used, it offers all of the protection that other options available such as norton, avg, kaspersky and others offer but doesn't eat as much RAM memory, my computer stays as fast as ever. It will protect you from almost any threat and it's database is updated all the time.

Inconvénients

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about avast, it is such a wonderful antivirus that doesn't slow down my pc.

To notch protection!

Publié le 16.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The ability to remain protected in parimount for any business.

Avantages

I started with the free Avast protection for personal use. It was recommended to me by my IT guy. I was a bit unsure since it was the free version. But in the end I was very pleased. This all lead me to the pro version. I have the utmost confidence in Avast. Knowing its running in the back ground really gives me piece of mind.

Inconvénients

It's really difficult to find a con with Avast. I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go with price. It would be nice to save a few bucks.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Is very solid, easy to handle and, is fast. the menu is very complete and easy to understand.

Publié le 09.05.2018

Avantages

"I love the good amount of configurations and how easy it is to adjust them, Easy to install and has good support.

the cost is very manageable, the investment is recovered in weeks if the level of protection of the tool is measured, in comparison with other tools of the market it is superior in many characteristics."

Inconvénients

On repeated occasions he has strange behaviors with files or libraries belonging to the system, he brands them as malware, makes indiscriminate use of memory and the resources of the computer where he is staying ... Definitely bother me the pop-up windows at every moment, since they seem more publicity what protection

7.0/10

Excellent cloud managed AV for small businesses

Publié le 17.05.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

AVG recently purchased by Avast does concern me, but I have seen no change in support and stability and it's been nearly a year.

Avantages

Very easily managed by admins, easily deployed and notifications are great. Support is great if you are an AVG partner. Pricing is best in the business, so it's a great value. And, last but not least, the newly updated Remote-IT feature is excellent and unmatched by any competing product.

Inconvénients

Can be slow sometimes, causing users to reboot. Has been known to conflict with some scanner software.