Opsgenie

Opsgenie

Service d'alerte et de gestion des incidents pour les équipes de devops

4.7/5 (116 avis)
Fernando S.
Secteur d'activité: Internet
Taille de l'entreprise: 13-50 employés

A most have

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been a loyal customer of OpsGenie for almost three years now and I like to product so much that I wrote an integration with spring-boot-admin a year ago that now is used by many others. really great product

Avantages

I like the easy of use and most of all It never fails to deliver a message, Great UX and full of features

Inconvénients

I would like to have notification rules for how and when to receive some sort of events right now there is only one way of doing this but, that is something that would be ok to have but I'm very happy with the product

Secteur d'activité: Musique
Translate to français

Finally a tool that lets you easily organise your on-call team

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 24/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

So far so good, I've tested the call and sms alerts and they've worked as expected.

I'm excited to see how this benefits the team in the long run.

Avantages

For years we have been running an in house on call team, up until discovering opsegenie this was a very basic on-call rota with a shared mobile number

Opsgenie allows us to setup much more complex on-call rotas, with on call management and escalations, meaning alerts and on-call calls should rarely get missed.

While I've yet to fully integrate all core system alerts, it looks like it can integrate with pretty much everything.

The free tier seems extremely generous considering everything it offers

Inconvénients

It's going to be quite time consuming to setup alerts from everything you want to monitor, but that's not the fault of opsegenie

It took a little time to work out how to input the rota schedule for staff, this was down to me learning how to use the system, but I think the UI could be improved in that area to make it more clear

Phil A.
Secteur d'activité: Édition

OpsGenie is a no-brainer

Publié le 03/08/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We use OpsGenie to collect messages from multiple endpoints and manage rules for alerting. Basically our pager duty. Also use the Heartbeats feature for missed execution monitoring.

Avantages

The pricing came in below Pagerduty by quite a bit and the features were much more plentiful. Really like the Heartbeats feature.

Inconvénients

I really don't have anything negative to say. It's been an excellent experience with the product since day 1. Any (minor) troubles I've had turned out to be something I was doing wrong.

Secteur d'activité: Électronique grand public

Informational

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

Great product .great value

Easy usage. Good interface. Lot of info I'm one screen

Inconvénients

Renewal process is nor simple. You need to improve the process.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Juan carlos C.
Secteur d'activité: Internet

Incident response and monitoring

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall my experience has been very good. We use OpsGenie all the time, and it's a critical part of our monitoring stack.

Avantages

OpsGenie is very flexible, and relatively simple to setup.
You can get up and running in just a few minutes, or you can spend days customizing the setup to match your teams/policies/services.
Their customer support is really helpful and will help you get set up quickly.
They are constantly releasing useful features (e.g. post-mortem analysis, video conference, etc).

Inconvénients

The onboarding process and best practices are not obvious and require some tinkering to figure out (e.g. best way to structure teams, alerts/incident templates, etc.).
A guided onboarding and a best practices document would be really helpful for first timers.

Bharath N.
Translate to français

its a nice a tools which can be configured as per your requirement and needs

Publié le 09/01/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

stay up to date with the infra issues

Avantages

--easy to configure or customise notification as per your requirement
--The GUI is very simple and self explanatory

Inconvénients

when we change the mobile frequently then all the previously used mobile pile up in the configurations which causes issue later (I was not able to get the alerts since it was sending the alerts to the old mobile )...I had to delete the old mobiles from the web console to fix the issue

Adam K.
Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications

OpsGenie is more like an Ops Miracle Worker

Publié le 06/08/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our issue was reliably alerting our staff of equipment warnings and outages. OpsGenie gives us the ability to not only send notifications, but see who received them, who responded, and escalate based on a number of factors to make sure that someone, somewhere is getting the alerts.

Avantages

The ability to customize how events are handled is amazing. For example, our Nagios instance sends alerts to OpsGenie, but depending on host name or group that it is in, we can have staff get a phone call in addition to app notification for critical things.

Inconvénients

Honestly we haven't really hit anything that we didn't like. We ran into a hiccup with a bug in the Nagios integration but the OpsGenie support staff were very helpful and quick at fixing the bug.

Evgeny Y.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

My experience with OpsGenie

Publié le 03/08/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The only problem we are solving with OpsGenie is reliable delivery of all alerts to our support team. This problem may sound 'easy to do' but in reality is quite complex and OpsGenie delivers perfectly well on this.

1. It works.
2. It works well.
3. Very friendly interface at both desktop and mobile versions.
4. Outstanding flexibility in configuration.
5. API is well documented and easy to use.

Inconvénients

Not really a problem but I could not find how to list all 'tags' ever used by me/my colleagues.

Constanza U.
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Great incident management software

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 08/08/2019

Avantages

I like that Opsgenie has a lot of customization for the alerts of incidents. You can choose where to receive an alert (your phone, your email, as a text message, as an alert on the app) and also the time between one alert and another. I think this is very usefull because sometimes one alert is enough, but other times you need more than one.
Another thing I like from opsgenie is that you can override schedules very easy, just clicking the name of the person you want to override and then you can override the full schedule or some hours if you want. I personally use override very often so I like that you can do it on the web or in the app, but I prefer the web for this.

Inconvénients

One thing that I don't like is that on the iPhone app if you silence the phone the notifications doesn't sound. It would be great that Opsgenie has an option to sound alerts in silent mode. Because at night I want my phone to be silenced but opsgenie must sound!

James S.

Nice affordable alternative to Pagerduty

Publié le 14/06/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Distributed support management for our small team.

Avantages

The economics of the platform fit our needs better than the alternatives. I like the ability to easily spread the responsibility of support across the team.

Inconvénients

The complexity of the interface is the biggest weakness that this solution has. Sometimes it requires a long time user to use a support ticket to figure out how to do something simple.

Darren D.
Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications

Ops Genie - a new way forward

Publié le 06/08/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We needed a more suitable monitoring alerting platform to help us grow and make use of systems outside of our infrastructure. Ultimately, Ops Genie has helped us do that. We can now plug services like AWS and Jira into our monitoring without having to force Nagios checks to do the work that has mostly already been done elsewhere. It's provided us more accurate and reliable alerting and reduced the effects of duplicate alerts coming through whilst an incident is being investigated. We hope to make further gains using additional features we haven;'t touched upon yet in the Ops Genie ecosystem

Avantages

We had previously been using a Nagios + SMS provider solution, which had served us well as a small company. However as we have grown, we have found that SMS just wasn't a reliable enough solution. We looked around at various alerting providers, and found Ops Genie to be the closest match to what we were looking for. It's given us the ability to test out new notifications before enabling them for our on-call schedules, Re-arrange on call as we see fit without having to fiddle with Nagios configs, utilise integrations to alleviate the sometimes difficult task of adding checks into Nagios from other systems and gain a better insight into our alerts while reducing the all too common "alert fatigue". It gives the ability to create much more complex workflows and setups that previously weren't possible.

Inconvénients

As is often the case with software that provides a wealth of options, getting started was quite complex, particularly around scheduling on call patterns. I think larger organisations may not have this problem, but we wanted to do some rather custom set ups. Fortunately, the support from Ops Genie is frankly brilliant, and they walked us through everything we needed to do. Should there still be difficulties, they can enact the changes you're looking for and guide you through what was done.

Allison G.
Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau

A Highly Capable Incident Management Platform

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We need an application that works hand-in-hand with our SIEM, Splunk, and OpsGenie does just that. As events filter into Splunk's incident management platform, our analysts are alerted through OpsGenie (via a webhook integration). Analysts can then acknowledge and manage alerts. We also use OpsGenie as a tool for documentation, although this may be a somewhat unconventional use case. Analysts can search back through past incidents, using them as a reference. This is a highly valuable tool to us and we look forward to future improvements.

Avantages

We love the scheduling feature, which keeps all of our security analysts on track with their shifts. The mobile application is also very useful, as it allows analysts to manage their schedules and keep track of alerts while on the go. There are a plethora of applications that OpsGenie integrates with, such as Slack and AWS. The ability to integrate other applications with OpsGenie is important to us, as our services to our clients depend on it.

Inconvénients

Sometimes new features are slow to be implemented, even if they are minor. For example, we have requested some minor features such as a dark mode and the ability to expand the text entry box, but these features have yet to be seen. Sometimes the search function can be difficult to use, as it requires a specific syntax that doesn't always function as expected.

William N.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

Good, almost great

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Reliable Alerts monitoring from our application and infrastructure. Without it, we'd either be staring at monitors all night, or waiting for customers to call us and complain. Critical critical app for us.

Avantages

The scheduling, routing, and alerting of the alerts is spectacular. Really simple to use, really powerful.

Inconvénients

The new ui for alerts. Yes, its more flexible and exposes more functionalilty that was previously possible. But for 99% of the time its too, too much UI flexibility. When the house is on fire, I want to grab the fire estinguisher and go. Your ui slows me down. It just needs to let me select open, unacked, and closed alerts, SUPER SUPER easily and SUPER SUPER FAST.

Also, the Android app is often unusably slow. I can often boot up my laptop, login to our domain, unlock password manager, and login into the opsgenine website before the stupid app will actually display the alert. Terrible.

Rick R.
Taille de l'entreprise: 13-50 employés

Perfect for Managing On-call Teams

Publié le 25/03/2019

Avantages

Software was easy to initially configure and get setup. Adding users was quick, both through the website and in the mobile app. Linking OpsGenie to our monitoring applications went smoothly. It allowed for multiple layers of logic to be incorporated. This helped implement escalations that were consistent in their performance. After using it for a month or so, we were able to go in and tweak that logic to make them even better. From an on-call technicians perspective, the software is easy to use. They know when they are on-call and are able to set their own notifications and escalations. Also, they can work with other techs to cover for each other and the app will let them set the time for the switch so the system notifies appropriately.

Inconvénients

The rule creation can sometimes be complex and requires a more advanced user to accomplish.

Gurpreet V.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
Translate to français

Great product, highly recommended!

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Customer services and our account manager have been excellent. I put in a recommendation for a feature and it had been implemented within a month. I also received personal communication to let me know that my feature was being implemented! For me, that's amazing customer engagement!

Avantages

I like the user-friendly interface and how easy it is to integrate with other applications. The search functionality in the Alerts section is super flexible and easy to use. I have found it very easy to manage and schedule my 8-person team to work 24/7 on complex shift patterns and have call forwarding setup to call desk, work mobile and then personal mobile phones. Ive been very impressed with the capabilities of the Incident Command Center for major incident orchestration. The mobile app is also easy to use and well thought out.

Inconvénients

I haven't anything so far that I dislike.

Andianne F.
Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
Translate to français

I'll know for sure that I receive my alert, using different channels

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Fast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!

Avantages

It has many ways to notify me: push notification, SMS, Phone call, email. And I love the sum of integrations available, easy to set up and customize. It is a must have solution if you need to be sure that you get alerted when some of the services you offer have a problem and needs to respect the SLA. Long story short, you know when something goes wrong before your customer has a chance to notice the problem!

Inconvénients

The search is not finding the correct results sometimes. The phone calls keep coming even after the alert is acknowledged, sometimes I need to answer in order to stop the calls. And what I like the least is that I cannot bulk note and close all the alerts at the same time, it should be a button for that, when 50+ alerts need the same note and close action.

Matt J.
Translate to français

We looked at the rest, we took OpsGenie!

Publié le 30/12/2017

Avantages

OpsGenie provides a service similar to the other On Call distribution tools, but we decided on OpsGenie due to their competitive cost, and a sense that they would respond to our feature requests, and our many demands! We wanted all of our developers to be on call, not just our ops team, so we quickly found other solutions were priced out of our range. OpsGenie price was fair, and allowed us to spread responsibility to all of the people in our organization that deserve a 2AM wake up call. Also, they have proven to be responsive to our requests.

Inconvénients

The UI has so many options, that it can be a little hard to find exactly what you need if you aren't familiar with it. But it doesn't take long to figure our where things are.

Translate to français

Easy to use, with great integrations and reporting

Publié le 08/08/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We've been really happy since we switched our alerting to OpsGenie. Our old app didn't give us the flexibility we needed to create the complex oncall schedules that we needed for our engineering org.

Avantages

It's easy to use, with integrations for all of our monitoring and messaging apps. The reporting around alert activity and agent performance is excellent. The team organization gives us great flexibility in how we set up our oncall and alert schedules.

Inconvénients

Some of the scheduling around teams can be counterintuitive. If you're not doing it all of the time, it can take a little hunting around to get the setup you want

Abhishek B.
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Translate to français

Ops genie helps you connect with the group of people with ease

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

calling a group of people in their hierarchy in one call instead calling them one by one

Avantages

The auto redirect of the call to the different resources as aligned and reaching out to individuals as hierarchy is what I like most. this helps with greater ease to the caller by avoiding dialing different number and instead its one call goes to one after other if the first person does not respond.

Inconvénients

I have not encountered anything which will say it as least but yes if we may have a betterment in having options to identify whom the call is going to next then it will enhance this tool's visibility to a more higher level

Xavier T.
Secteur d'activité: Meubles
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 001+ employés
Translate to français

Switched from xMatters and not looking back!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Initial setup was a bit scary as I brought this in to replace xMatters at our company. I was being looked at heavily and I wanted to hit the mark, so the little issues seemed bigger to me. Within a few weeks not only did we conquer some of those setup issues but tweaked this tool to not just replace but give me and my company a lot more power, control, ease of use, etc than we ever had before while handling escalations, notifications to stakeholders, etc.

Avantages

Ease of use is the number one item. Some items during the initial setup can be rough or make it look like a total bust, however the engineers/developers here at OpsGenie will get through those and then it's been nothing but smooth sailing since. Started with wanting just a few feature improvements but ended up getting the full build we wanted in a perfect world.

Inconvénients

Initial setup was not very smooth, due to issues on both parties systems. I also do not really like the limits of how much you can do from your phone as an admin/manager, however they have a new phone application coming out very soon I've heard that remedies most of the limitations (until I see this myself, it's a con but soon to be another pro).

Translate to français

I use OpsGenie alerts to manage my work all day. I can react immediately when an issue arises.

Publié le 09/01/2018

Avantages

I really like the flexibility I have in receiving notifications. I can set mobile alerts or even phone calls for the most immediate needs, or just an email for something that I just need to see by the end of the day. I work in production support. So, this immediate filtering of alerts is key to meeting my performance goals.

Inconvénients

I don't actually do the alert configuration myself, but there seems to be a lot of required information to manage new types of alerts. Possibly too flexible, meaning not enough structure to build functionality easily and quickly.

Prabhudatsinh R.

One stop solution

Publié le 01/08/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.

Avantages

Opsgenie is one stop solution for our monitoring need . Adding Opsgenie reduces our manual and development effort very much. Systems are now easily manageable

Inconvénients

There are still some integration which needs development efforts i..e JIRA . I wish that can also be automated and one click away integration.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Automobile
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Translate to français

After looking at competing options, OpsGenie provided the best value overall

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We went from having end users tell us systems were down, to proactively being alerted about critical issues. With the flood of alert emails coming in from every direction, it was just not feasible to respond to every email that chimes on your phone. OpsGenie allowed us to filter out the garbage and know that if my phone is ringing in the middle of the night, it's something worth being woken up for.

Avantages

Frankly, most of the products in this category do basically the same thing. OpsGenie's advantage is the cost, especially when you look at the co-marketing being done. OpsGenie and Solarwinds working together to replace Alert Central is a great example.

Inconvénients

The filtering can be a little complicated, but that is to be expected. Otherwise I don't have any complaints.

Jeremy P.

OpsGenie Usage

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Previously we were using an alarming system that had SMS functionality built in via email to vtext. This provided the basic notification level. Leveraging OpsGenie to assign teams and groups and on call schedules and escalation paths took this to another level.

Avantages

The ability to scale out teams and provide correct alarming after hours to the on call tech.

Inconvénients

If anything I wish to have a one on one support personal following up with troubles. I am the one pushing for a fix to a current trouble if someone was assigned to my problem and they provided feedback that would help.

Mariano K.
Translate to français

Great alert system, web, android app & operations

Avantages

It is a very solid infrastructure, not only the web app and the android app but the the phone call system, the sms and the mail services.
The groups and users admin is great! and all the scheduling is workings as you expect.

Inconvénients

Whenever you change your escalation group you have to reorder it. The new UI is not as intuitive as the classic.