89 avis

Lavu POS

Un système cloud de POS (point de vente) sur iPad pour le secteur de la restauration.

3,2 /5 (89 avis) Donnez votre avis !

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
89 avis
Taylor R.

Best Restaurant Software Yet

Publié le 04/11/2018

Avantages

-Love the ease of using an iPad
-Size of the icons
-Different color option icons
- Different categories available
-Ease of table organization
-Ease of checkouts
-Very well laid out
-Easy clock-in

Inconvénients

-Hard signing process, customers complained

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Conseil en gestion
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Former Lavu User

Publié le 17/07/2020

Overall, for the two years the system was satisfacotry. Until recenlty it was for the current management at the restaurant. The dealer is helpful - he is our first line of tech support before we go to KLAvu for support.

Avantages

I liked using Lavu because it was the first POS for the restaurant where I worked. While I was employed there I used the system for 2 years. The set up was easy as the dealer came to the restaurant and set it up and did a one day training for the staff.

Inconvénients

They system seems to have alot of glitches. Recently, the restaurant reported to me that they had a glitch and lost printers. Tech support finally helped and got the printers up but somehow lost half the menu. Also, I have witnessed personally that the sales tax is charging out properly.

Clay S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Stay away. This company is so unorganized and the customer support has gone WAY downhill.

Publié le 18/03/2021

I just wanted to inform people of my experience. I wouldn't recommend using this company to anyone. Borderline criminal activity. After I decided to stop using them they continue to keep charging my card every month and when I call in to get this stopped and ask for a refund I just get looped around in circles. It honestly has taken me 10-15x of me calling in to finally get someone who will eventually refund my card. To be honest that was for the first time and the second time they still haven't even refunded me. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.

Avantages

The cost was the only benefit of this software when I launched it 2 years ago. After they increased the pricing (with absolutely no warning) it was inline with most of the other softwares which are much more robust.

Inconvénients

Where do I begin. Honestly, we had so many issues I don't know where to start listing the problems. There are many.

Matt C.

Lavu POS Review

Publié le 28/12/2020

used to have excellent customer service, but our system went down two days before xmas and we were unable to run credit cards for half the day. second busiest day since july. Couldn't enter tips that day either.
and i tried calling them 3 times that night, plus an email. their chat hasn't worked in months.
4 days later I still have not heard from them

Avantages

i don't remember why I chose them over the three other ones I tried a couple of years ago.
I think because I could use my own credit card processor.

But its easy enough to use for the features that i use which are basic operation of cash register
it is intuitive and takes little training

Inconvénients

things go wrong, the printer drops offline a lot and needs help getting back. sometimes its the wifi that reconfigures to a different wifi, sometimes the printer just randomly stops working.

I can't use the staff scheduling because they insist that work week starts on sunday, yet that is halfway through the weekend. our schedule and pay period run monday- sunday
but I am now looking for a system that can organize cake orders for a week or a month after the order is taken, which most systems don't do.

Also they said that my gift cards would integrate, but they did not

Sean D.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

As good as any "Industry Standard"

Publié le 22/02/2019

We used this in a tequila bar that I was a bar manager at. We were very high volume so we needed a good POS system that never crashed, and operated quickly to minimize waiting on the system to perform functions. I think in that regard this is a great system and I would recommend it to anyone.

Better price point
Very intuitive and easy to pick up user-interface
Speedy screen operations, no waiting for screens to load
If you have experience with other POS systems this one will be very easy to get started with
Great team behind it
Easy to add new items to menu (you dont have to be an expert to fulfil managerial roles on the system)

Inconvénients

There is not much that I can say against LAVU. As far as Point of Sale Systems it is just as good as any of the big dog's systems but with an affordable price point. I never had an issue with the system in my year of using it.

Hi Sean,
Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear Lavu is working well for you and your team! Don't hesitate to call us at 855-767-5288 if you have any questions.
The Lavu Team

Stephanie S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Not really for Bars

Publié le 27/10/2020

We're a high volume craft beer bar. It can start tabs. It works for now. If the complaint list keeps growing, we'll have to switch. It works fine, but when it doesn't work, it totally halts service.

Avantages

I guess it's easy to use, but it's kinda clunky. Programming is inconsistent across different devices. The speed is ok. It does what I need it to do, which the #1 reason I went with Lavu over Square was that you could start a bar tab with a preauthorization.

LAVU complaints

Should get Free set up support 1 month a year; if there is an update we should get free support
Quick serve shouldn't disappear
Can't Add a cc to an existing tab - currently deletes the new order
Needs Select and Repeat button
Needs Fewer approval buttons
Should Show change on screen
Should add auto grat to total tips
Can't Change auto grat, % or amount
On tip page, be able to enter tip or total, and show total.
Entered tips should disappear from screen - be able to filter list
On End of Day reports page, discounts and auto grat need to be included. Auto grats dont go to the business. Service charges do.
Auto grats need to show on payments page
Chip cards cant start tabs. Cant have 2 processors in lavu - chip card and swipe card types
Tip screen times out , and deletes entered tips

Gede S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Dissapointed with costumer service and sales!

Publié le 15/08/2020

Thi POS is great, simple adn easy. Disappointed of how coustmer service followed up to solving problem. And also, we have a plan to open another 1 account because we open new bar, we tried reached up by email, phone, they just asnwer to follow up but nothing happen.

Avantages

This POS was great, easy to use and you can syncronized to other cloud system inventory. Features and function are supply great actually for low-medium restaurant capacity.

Inconvénients

The missed up of this POS are the total of revenue doesn't matching, has to be manual counted after cashier closing. Cloud uploading data is really slow now, bill that has been closed was reopened by themselves. All revenue i've got not accurate on back office sides. I have contacted their custumer support to get assist from them but they reply another 3 or 4 days after and didn't fixed what we complained about. As manager incharge to responsible of revenue and accuration product sold got frustrated.

Josef M.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Easy POS without backup.

Publié le 06/04/2018

A simple system, but not for areas with semi frequent internet outages.

Avantages

Lavu is a very cost effective and easy to setup POS system on the market. From a server interface it was clear and logical.

Inconvénients

The biggest problem with this system is what happens when the WiFi goes down. It has trouble sending tickets and will not store credit card information for later processing.

Lauren J.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Lavu very helpful with bistro service

Publié le 14/10/2016

Our bistro started using Lavu before I arrived, and when I was training it was very helpful to be able to see pictures of dishes I was ringing in. While there are some printer issues sometimes, the interface is great (very straightforward). You can even send directions for delivery orders when taking an order over the phone!

Avantages

The pictures are so handy for standard menu items. Obviously if we are running specials we don't have pictures of those items, but for those who are more visual this is very helpful. Also helps train new staff on what each plate looks like.

Inconvénients

Sometimes there are a lot of connectivity issues, especially with multiple printers (kitchen/bar/etc.)

Rosaline L.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Detail

Publié le 02/09/2020

Avantages

Detailed report and you can clock in and clock out your employees

Inconvénients

I think the flow of the layout can be improved.

Michael S.

Great inventory and POS software

Publié le 11/11/2019

Great inventory and POS software. Ease of use and easy to teach employees to use.

Avantages

Ability to have multiple locations. Ability to make inventory items easily. Ability to use an iPad for inventory counts.

Inconvénients

Have to manually bath credit cards at end of day.

Judy M.

The Best POS System

Publié le 06/09/2019

I absolutely love the point of sale system. Helps to be able to take orders from customers and send the order to the kitchen from the table. Then you can move on to the next table. It is so easy to learn and use. I like that you can go into the backside of the program and check your sales for the day, your amount of hours that you worked for the week and also what your own statistics are for tables waited on, amount of food you sold and what the prices of everything are. It is so Awesome!

Avantages

Easy to use, easy to set up and it is self-explanatory. You can go into the backside of the program and checks your sales for the day, how many customers you yourself have waited on.

Inconvénients

Not much about the software that I didn't like. Sometimes though I would have a hard time getting connected on my Ipad.

Guy B.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Stay Away!

Publié le 23/10/2020

I purchased a complete system from LAVU on April 2019 with the intent to upgrade my existing POS from CAKE which served me well the first 4 years of running my restaurant, but being somewhat of a basic system I started feeling like it was holding me back. LAVU was running a 50% off on hardware so I called and spoke to a salesperson. Let me tell you, I wish I had recorded the conversations, as there was very little in common between what was verbally promised and what was actually delivered, VERY LITTLE! Typical sales tactics, they put extreme pressure on you to sign up (do it in the next 6 hours or the promotion expires), give you practically no time to read the fine print, and all of a sudden you find yourself in a 3 years contract with ridicules early termination penalties and a service provider that is incapable of delivering half of what was promised. They count on you not having the time or resources to take them to court. Last remaining hardware piece originally promised arrived 5 months later! Thank god I kept my CAKE system going or I would have gone out of business. Their customer service is of the lowest level you would ever see, especially from an IT company, they provide practically no solutions to issues or a very vague future fix, and their system keeps crashing leaving you with no ability to run your business mid-day and with no warning, time after time. They send you system-wide emails apologizing saying their system was hacked and therefore the interruption i

Avantages

There are no Pros, this is an awful system and the worst customer service / sales team in the industry

Inconvénients

Be very careful when they offer you interest free financing for the hardware, that's how they trick you into paying the software fee for 3 years in advance with NO way out

Jamie G.

Disappointing

Publié le 25/02/2020

After using this system and growing our brand new business after 8 months I can honestly say it is the worst system I have operating between 7 locations I am involved with.

It started off ok although challenging and difficult. But after getting though the kinks it was almost ok because their tech support team could help a lot. That was until they subbed out their tech support late Jan to India. Now it’s a disaster. Over 100 hours spent online fixing stuff, sitting on hold and zero supervisor call backs. Hundreds of dollars in gift cards sold only to have hundreds of them lost in sales that don’t work on the system and tech support knows less then I do. Over the past 6 weeks I Personally have over 50 hours logged online on hold and on the computer trying to make stuff work that is failing. Explain to me how another restaurants menu has made its way into my force modifiers optional, optional modifiers, and modifier groups that I never created. I am a craft beer and craft burger location. All of a sudden I have a Mexican menu inserted into my options causing my staff nothing about problems and disasters in the middle of dinner service. Their answer is I must’ve given my passWord out. This makes zero sense to me.

Stay far away from the system. They even remove the review section from their Facebook page

Avantages

It was a fairly inexpensive system with full wireless operations options for a 15,000 sq ft location on a tight budget.

Inconvénients

Customer service tech support after 6 months.

Réponse de Lavu Traduire en français

Jamie, we apologize for any trouble or inconvenience you may have experienced. Our records show our support team has been working with you to resolve your issues. Please feel free to contact our support team at 855-528-8457 and one of our team members would be glad to assist you with any other issues you are having.

Jennifer T.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Shutting Down During Peak Times

Publié le 01/06/2019

Avantages

I like the simple interface, it is easy to use and simple to implement

Inconvénients

99% of the time the software works well however we have had consistent problems with the system going offline in the middle of very busy nights. We will have a restaurant full of people 30+ tables with open orders and the system completely stops working (it always happens at peak times when we should be making the most money when we are the busiest, they have not invested enough to function at the scale they are selling for). Servers cannot send orders to the kitchen, we cannot run cards, servers loose track of what the final cost of the bill is for the customers and what their order is. The 1% of the time when Lavu goes offline has irreversible damage to our business. It creates chaos among staff members, it disrupts our reputation as a legit business and damages our relationship with our customers, and it causes us to loose money on tickets that do not get rang in right or when we have to jot down credit card numbers instead of running them to learn the card is no good once Lavu is back online. This has happened to us at least 8-9 times in the 1 year we have had LAVU. Not only is it unacceptable for this to ever happen but we do not get any compensation for our trouble or loss of income and the Lavu team will not return our calls or explain what is happening or reassure us that it wont happen again. There is no backup plan or support on help coming. Unfortunately I feel we are going to have to look for something else.

Réponse de Lavu Traduire en français

Thank you for your review, Jennifer. We hear what you're saying and we are working diligently to bring offline mode to our customers by late July. We know that the downtime is unacceptable and we appreciate your patience with us. The Lavu Team.

Dennis C.

• Support client

Saves us time and money, works great for us!

Publié le 28/09/2015

I started using Lavu Point of Sale about 2 years ago. Before switching to the system we were using paper tickets, I didn't realize how inefficient this really was until I made the switch to an electronic system. Not only are we now spending less time managing each order, accuracy has gone up, and my shrinkage has gone down. The kitchen is only allowed to make items that are rung into the system and print out which has help cut down on theft or giving items away. The biggest time savings is getting the customers checked out. Previously during our lunch rush we would have a line of people waiting to pay and leave, now we are able to handle them as they come up to the counter since everything is already totaled up in the system.

Another big help has been the ability to use iPods to take orders at the table. We usually have a rush after church on Sundays, sometimes a line at the door. Before my servers had to go to the table, take the order, then take the ticket back to the kitchen. Now my servers go to the table, take the order, hit send and it prints in the kitchen. Then they can go straight to the next table. Anything we can do to speed up the time it takes to turn a table is a plus.

The amount of features that have been added in the last couple years has been amazing, it's nice to see that they are actively working on the software. The biggest thing for us has been the addition of 'always offline mode'. You just use the system and the orders go to the cloud in the background. When we first got setup we had some issues with the internet which interfered with using the system. They offered us a local server option but I did not want to install more hardware. While my internet situation was much improved by switching from DSL to cable I always worried that my connection going out could be a possibility. With the new version (3.0.3) the system keeps working even if my internet connection were to go out.

The Lavu POS software has worked great for us and I highly recommend it.

Joe C.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great system, could use a few more basic features that many other systems use.

Publié le 01/03/2018

Avantages

Love the ease of use. The customer service has been really good as of late. Would for the most part recommend to any business.

Inconvénients

Need some better basic features:
-Option for end of day report to reconcile as if the credit card tips were given out as cash to the servers, as this is the process for most restaurants.

-Better tip reporting capability for employees. It would be great for it to ask for total tips to be asked when employee is clocking out. There are many reasons for this including tip out, tip pool etc.

Réponse de Lavu Traduire en français

Hi Joe. Thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad to hear Lavu is meeting your needs and will strive to keep improving to make your experience even better.

Enung N.

• Support client

fraud by billing request or shutdown lavu

Publié le 04/09/2017

Avantages

about the sistem we are of course happy after one year of lavu at our restaurant, our job is helping from lavu, accouting administration kitchen and all is going in perfect harmonies

Inconvénients

fraud by billing request or shut down lavu. Yes that happen two times , last time few days ago I get a message on a strange open windows of lavu account, was about to pay or shutdown the system but we always pay, so I was worry what happen if shotdown lavu at my place then they ask the min payment, so I used my credit card for pay it but at end they took more for Hosting PAID without any consense from me. we used to pay an agent of lavu so he doesn't answer fast half and that can happen. Now he said like last time they will refund to me but of course after some month... so disappointed about it. Hope to try back faster my money because the agent he asks me to pay him to because isn't his fault. hope someone tries to explain and solve my problem.

Blaine S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôtellerie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

We are pulling our systems out of our restaurants

Publié le 27/07/2017

Nothing to come close to outweighing the cons

Avantages

About the only thing that is positive about this system is that it is internet based and we can move freely about the restaurant to serve our guests.

Inconvénients

Billing is constantly inaccurate and the system shuts down during service because of this.
If you're ok with the system going offline with no warning due to inaccurate automated billing issues and 3 hours on the phone with inept customer service reps while having zero access to input orders, print tickets to your kitchen, bills for the customers and not being able to process credit cards than this IS the system for you!
Our sales and install guy was a joke. Over promising on system answers he didn't even know but said yeah it does that. When it came to menu input it took him 2 weeks from start to finish and we had to just take over and redo everything ourselves.
Reporting functions that should be available that weren't we were told would be "coming soon" in the next version have not materialized.
Customer service is absolutely horrendous. If you like long hold times over an hour most times or a we will call you back message many hours most times then again this is the system for you!

Hello Blaine,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and hope we can solve these issues you've been having. Our customer care manager is looking into the issue now and will reach out to you. In the meantime, we recommend reaching out to our 24-hour customer care line 1.855.528.8457 with any immediate issues you may be having. We would be more than happy to address the problems with your system. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have had and look forward to working through these issues.

-Kristin

Heather B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

A good system but customer support is most often disappointing

Publié le 05/01/2018

Avantages

Joshua Maestas from customer service was so incredibly helpful. He took time to listen to the complicated scenario we were trying to resolve. He followed up when and how he said he would. Most of the time our customer service experience is frustrating but he was truly a breath of fresh air.

Inconvénients

Back end reporting; customer service. There are programming bugs and we continuously are told "development is working on it" but never saw any resolution. If it isn't a priority for you and not intended to be fixed then don't tell us it is being fixed.

John A.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Publié le 21/08/2018

But wait there's more! How about the fact that the kitchen printer prints two checks, that no one can seem to fix. Not only does it waste an enormous amount of paper but it is confusing as the checks are not identical and it blows through a ribbon in 3 or four days!
Occasionally it will resend an order back yo the kitchen that has already been made, etc...
The is no individual item printer assignment either which means that you have to send an entire category instead of just one item to a screen or printer.

Avantages

The iPhone app. Really nothing else, really.

Inconvénients

WOW! Where do I begin? Should I start with how they outright lied to me to make the sale? How about sending a completely incompetent tech support personnel company to help me with my network? Maybe I should start with the fact that they billed me today for Quickbooks integration that I DON'T EVEN HAVE!
Let's start with the outright misrepresentation of their product. I specifically asked if they had online ordering and I was told yes we do. After I had purchased the system and went to set it up I asked "Well how do I set up the credit card integration for the online ordering?" Then I was told "Oh we have online ordering but we don't have online payment" WHAT!!? This is 2017 not 1999 what do you mean you don't have online payment? "We had a problem with it and had to take it off line, we should have it back up by Nov."
Well today is 08-21-2018 and guess what I still don't have? You got it - online payment.

Hi John,
We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I will have someone from our care team look into this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Russell H.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Online all inclusive restaurant POS

Publié le 15/06/2017

There is an open ended API for other application integration, but we are not savvy enough to do this ourselves. It would be great if there were more companies and different aspects of integration on the back end for more high end analytics and functionality. (IE: Quickbooks, Simple Order, Etc.).

Avantages

Very versatile and easy to use. Easy to make modifications and adjustments within the system and customize to our specific operation.

Inconvénients

Sometimes connection of iPads can be a little shotty as it goes for the order takers communicating with LAVU KDS, and it has been hard to get the problem fully resolved, but it only creates a mild irritant and not a full distraction from the overall business.

Jeffrey D.

Publié le 17/06/2016

To the team at POS LAVU, Just wanted to thank you guys so much for listening to some of our concerns over the years about upgrades to your systems. When we came on board with you guys we were somewhat hesitant to your system. After we made the change we feel as if we all have grown together. We would like to personally say thank you for the time and effort you have put into your growth and we expect to be with you for many many more years. And by the way we now have 3 restaurants with your system and are looking to upgrade two more...Again thank you from all of us at the Pugliese Group...

Wes O.

STAY AWAY

Publié le 27/11/2017

Avantages

The interface is user friendly, and tickets get sent to kitchen without many problems. But we could do this with paper

Inconvénients

Everything else! Whenever we have a issue they send it to the "developmental team" also known as the black hole. When we signed up they said "offline processing was in the works" that was 2 years ago. Reports are literally ALWAYS wrong. If you look at sales on two different reports they never are the same. For a span of about three months they miscalculated sales tax, having us over pay hundreds of dollars! For a long time they randomly doubled numbers on server reports, and now there is a random .50 added to numbers on servers reports. I have a tax background an I informed them the liability they were putting on us and our servers by misreporting so they showed me on the IRS website where they were right, THEY SET UP THERE SYSTEM BASED OFF THE WRONG PART OF THE IRS CODE. Not to mention that it randomly opens tickets from all different times that we have to re-close and I'm not sure we get paid for them or not. When we call customer support they are really nice, but our issues always get sent to the "Developmental Team" to never be heard about again!

Steven P.

Nice Job Lavu

Publié le 19/07/2016

I have a pretty big place, with a long wine and cocktail list, but this handled all of our menu, and getting running was fast with one of the distributors we found in our area. We switched from an older POS after our contract ran out, and this seemed like the new, efficient thing to try out. It was a quick install, and way less than what I paid before. I miss some of the inventory ordering and employee scheduling my old system had, but this makes up for it in other ways. My servers picked it up right away, almost no training needed