Avis sur Sports Illustrated Play

Sports Illustrated Play

Web based registration management software

4.3/5 (30 avis)

Tried several registrations systems and SportsSignup is the best!!!

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've helped run a local youth sports club for nearly 9 years. In that time I have tested and used several different online registration systems. Most have their own pros and cons and unfortunately many of them have cons (data privacy concerns, costs, ease of use, lack of admin security, hidden fees, etc.) that far outweigh the pros. At our club we have used SportsSignup for more than 8 years now. During that time our club has benefited from the continued development of the software that has added useful features to make our admin jobs much easier and quicker. As volunteers, saving time is always appreciated!!! SportsSignup allows us to handle registrations for all our sports. We register the players and the coaches. And since we are very concerned about the safety of our children, we use the KidSafe Background Check system to help verify that our coaches and other volunteers don't have questionable pasts. Since this system is tied right into the registrations, it is very simple for our volunteers to complete and easy for our Risk Management team to maintain. Our coaches love the TeamWall and the easyAlert system for keeping in touch with the parents of their players. It is very easy to keep up with the super important snack schedule as well as keeping track of game and practice changes or cancellations. Also, if you ever run into trouble or just have a question (or two) their tech support department is top notch. They are always friendly and eager to help. If they don't happen to know the answer or get stumped they are great at doing research and getting back to you with an answer. If a bug is found (which all software has bugs and SportsSignup on rare occasion will have one) they are quick to get it fixed (which is not true of all companies out there).

By the way, SportsSignup has now introduced a new website component. You can now use their software to create your club website. It also now has game scheduling. Our club has not started using these two new features yet... but we plan to switch over by early next year (waiting for the seasons to end on a few of our big sports before changing over).

SportsSignup has been a great fit for our multi-sport club. If you are looking for Registration software.... SportsSignup is worth considering. Our admin staff and parents would all highly recommend this software. It has made running our club much easier.

Publié le 28.01.2009
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Used for our LIJSL reg. this past year and what a time saver.We use to use a 4-part reg.form.Redundant time consuming paper work is replaced by on-line reg. that allows us to track divisions with simple click & drop time saving steps.Parent forms are no longer needed.Just a click of the mouse allows parents to agree to parent acknowledgement form.Coaches do'nt hunt down parents for signatures.Parents have access to the childs team to know who is on their team and the coaches contact info that they are always losing.Looking forward to this years reg. as returning players are already in the system and simply just need to click a button and make payment. Copy over rosters from this past season and make minor adjustments, not starting over from scratch.CC payments are directly deposited into our account. Do'nt have to wait for SportsSignUp to pay us.We had very few setup issues and the support team walked us thru the proccess every step of the way and ensured our complete satisfaction.

Avantages

Easly tracks registrations counts, payable/receivables,e-mail blasts, formations of teams,ability to set registration dates,coordinators can view accounts/teams in real time to form teams or answer account questions. Easily send payment reminders to outstanding accounts.Our treasuer and registrar are able to work on the same tasks together from their own homes or seperately when convient to each individual.No longer need to meet at a convenient time and for long hours. Travel coordinator enjoys instant roster submisions to the LIJSL office for approval. Travel coaches are happy because they have instant access to league approved rosters and can print them out as needed for tournament and games days. They no longer have to fill out game day rosters each week or track down the travel coordinator to get league approved rosters. Player passes can be printed out from their own computer and just need the players to sign them. Background checks can be monitored and completed thru one system.

Inconvénients

Minor gliches, but support team was fabulous in quick response and problem solving

Publié le 10.12.2008
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We love the program. It certainly beats the handling of our registration on paper. The program has a lot of great features but it does take a little time and effort to make your set-up exactly the way you need it.

Avantages

Excellent customer service. Our rep has been there at every turn to help us set the program up to where we are getting the biggest bang for our buck. We have had a little bit of trial and error, but are comfortable with the overall registration and team management process. Best features are the reports creation feature and the ability to connect with our registrants via email.
Also, love the ease at which we can have our volunteers complete their background checks through their partner company.

Inconvénients

There may be some features that may be included with the program, but we have just not been able to explore the possibilities yet.
The Custom Questions set up is time consuming. Would be nice if you could enter all of your questions at one time.
Be able to maintain inactive accounts and delete if there have been no registrations.
See a complete history per account showing all orders ever placed and not just per season.
I realize it's beyond their control, but the current credit card processing by the 3rd party company is horrible. Having these items clear our accounts on a daily basis is very frustrating.
Would love to see them partner with a company to build a scheduling option into their program. We currently are having to use two separate program to meet our end result.

Support client

Features that you use, but set up is difficult.

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 14.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I found this service an affordable option with a great mobile application we could provide to our members for easy communication.

Avantages

This service has multiple levels of service and design help. We found once the service was set up and a couple of people trained that we were able to provide an excellent service to our members. The cost was affordable. We were able to update remotely with a web browser on a mobile phone for most ordinary tasks. The mobile application we were able to provide our members allowed for us to maintain excellent communication. We loved how SI Play teamed up with Squad Locker to provide merchandise to our members without the need to have an employee spending hours taking orders and delivering the products.

Inconvénients

We found that if you do not have web site design experience that you will have a very difficult time setting this service up. But, the sales representative was very helpful in getting the site up and running. I have an accounting background and found the financial reporting and collection of payments to be an afterthought of the service, it works, but it's not as refined as the rest of the service.

7.0/10

I use this app to manage my 12 U softball team.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 27.11.2017

Avantages

I like the group text/chat feature. I can also update scores, keep photos, and quickly manage game/practice time changes, etc.

Inconvénients

I manage one team and have kids on 2 different teams. The app is constantly updating and notifying me of all changes and updated information. It can be kind of bothersome during the day. Also, when traveling the app updates games/practice schedules automatically by time zone. This can give you the wrong information if you are managing a team from a trip or vacation.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Good, in theory. Poor, in execution!

Publié le 12.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our league upgraded to this package and it is supposed to come with all the bells and whistles. However, one of the most important features has not worked since day one. We are unable to upload statistics for the kids in our rec basketball league. Stats are a big deal to these kids and they are always competing with each other for one category or another. When you try and enter stats you get an error message (someone in programming must have a twisted sense of humor as they use terms like Scratch! Foul! Out of Bounds, etc) and no entry screen pops up. We have called SI's Tech Support since the first week our season started and nothing... They said they are aware of the "bug" and it would be solved shortly. Four weeks later and it's still not fixed. Called again: Still not corrected. They are aware of it. They are working on it. It's a programming bug. "Give it another week or two and we'll call you back." Meanwhile, our league is at the halfway point of the season! That is a lot of stats for a coach to enter if and when they ever get it fixed. Anyone can keep track of game scores and schedules on a piece of paper. Stats are the value added component. They should not have gone to market with this product without thoroughly testing it first. It's disappointing that an organization like SI would allow something like this to linger.

Support client

This is the best thing that has happened to soccer since Pele!

Publié le 12.02.2009
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This is the best thing that has happened to soccer since Pele!

Avantages

Sportssignup.com saves me about 50 extremely tedious hours of data entry each year!

With the Sportssignup online registration system, parents of our 800 players enter the data for their child or children online, and I just download and export to Excel. The system is so easy to use and the few times I've had questions, their technical support representative assigned to our account has been ready with answers and easy-to-follow instructions.

The system was so intuitive that we had a seamless changeover. Now they've updated the administrative dashboard and it's even easier to use!

We used a different online company more than a year ago when we first went online. What a nightmare that was! When I called or emailed for tech support I had to wait days on end and I rarely got the same person twice in a row so I had to explain the problem again and again.

The sportssignup system is so awesome I agreed to stay on as Registrar for another term!

Inconvénients

The only downside is that there are still a few people who are reluctant to use the internet for registration.

There is NO support

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 06.10.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Avantages

I guess if you say you get what you paid for then we got what we paid for with SI Play because it is dirt cheap to get it started, but the rest of it has been a nightmare.

Inconvénients

The fact that they have a question mark at the bottom of the page might give the perception that they actually care about customer support, but that could not be further from the truth. It takes forever to reach someone for support and then they make it seem like you are inconveniencing you every single time. There are bugs and glitches in both the website and the app, however, they always tell you that some other department is in charge of it. Also, you can never reach anyone at any of the numbers provided. Worst experience ever.

Support client

Use the tool for all of our clubs registration

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 11.07.2017

Able to track my team

Avantages

I am able to send message to my team members and see their status. In addition I am able to print my game rosters so no longer have to manually create

Inconvénients

At the beginning of the season there was no way to upload the entire season schedule. each game I had to manually load

6.0/10

I recommend Sports Sign Up to anyone who needs to lighten the load for their volunteers.

Publié le 17.11.2008
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I recommend Sports Sign Up to anyone who needs to lighten the load for their volunteers through the registration process and team management. I also found that the competive pricing for this service to be very reasonable. Onward and upward.

Avantages

The customer service provided by Peter Hall is the most hands on I personally have ever encountered. All my questions (which were many) were answered in a swift manner and 100% were solved. I am also impressed with the relative ease of the software program to send the divisions different information when needed. Our board members have commented to me that Sports Signup has brought our organization to a new level. All that was at one time complicated and doomed is now right. What Peter Hall single handedly has done for Dedham Youth Basketball is to make the registration process easy and efficient. I can't thank him enough! No more headaches.

There have been none.

Support client

Better product than SportNgin and all their competitors combined

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 07.07.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's a really robust (online) management software...gets every task done from registration to websites and apps.

Madison Youth Football and Cheer Review

Publié le 22.10.2014
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am not the most tech savy user and I appreciate programs that are intuitive. However, that being said, if I can not figure it out on my own, then I know SportsSignup is a phone call away to assist in solving my issue. You all are knowledgeable and responsive and I greatly appreciate you.

On a side note, my latest "issue" is as an administrator it is neccessary to receive a bcc: on all communications sent through the SportsSignup system. This is to ensure being aware of what is going on with the teams and alleviate any misinformation being distributed.

Also, it would be helpful under print forms to have the documents listed individually, but also at the top of the documents one tab to select which would print the customizable forms registration packet that our organization requires. Our users are challenged to individually select each form needed and this would ensure ease of use and a complete packet printed.

Support client

Sports management software that makes family life easy

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

As a parent of 3 , as a father, a coach and a sports club volunteer I'm believing that the children of today and my children are overscheduled and can be stressed especially when things don't click. With SSU I find it easy to be in tune with my kids schedule , getting them to the right place at the right time. Communicating with teammates and coaches thru the team wall, subscribing to my kids schedule with ICal that populates their schedule on my phone. It makes my kids sports even more enjoyable. And SSU does not sell my personal data to magazines or other solicitors of sportswear nor to they send me any emails that aren't relevant to my family. The CEO and ownership are always improving their product and services and are very hands on. I have recommended SSU to many of my friends who volunteer and run other associations and they too have reported how much they like the SSU sports sign up system and experience.

Summer Baseball Program!!

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 04.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our baseball club started using SI play this year. It has made the registration process much easier on the club and the parents. You can pay dues on-line, check schedules, rosters and tournaments. It even sends you up-dates on your phone! Great software program.

Avantages

Ease of use, online payments, and updates via phone.

None

Publié le 13.02.2009
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Use it - not just for your travel needs, but all of your other programs as well. We use it for winter clinic, rec., and our baseball program as well.

Avantages

This program has allowed us to almost entirely elminate paper, yet our transaction audits and ease of recalling information is simpler than ever. We are right 99.9% of the time when their is a timing or registeation question. We don't lose or misplace checks, and there is never a questions as to if someone paid or not.
Our hours manning phones, registration lines, etc are minimized, and we can concentrate more on soccer.

Inconvénients

Very few - once people get used to it and register for the first time it is the easiest they will ever do.

Support client

I couldn't give a higher recommendation to use this application. Easy to set up. Easy to use

Publié le 14.11.2008
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I couldn't give a higher recommendation to use this application.

Easy to set up
Easy to customize
Continous support if needed

Zero faults!

Avantages

From day 1, the people at Sportssignup were extremely professional. Wether it was working through the sign up, being trained or continued support they were and still are a pleasure to work with. The reporting features make this product superior to all we reviewed. in addition we use the application for our coaches background checks. By implementing this software we saved hundreds of manual man hours of work. We should have signed on years ago!

Inconvénients

I can serious not say one negative about this product

Excellent Service and League Software

Publié le 10.02.2015
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have recently moved over to Sportssignup for our upcoming 2015 seasons - their overall initial support and training from the Sales team (Avram), Account Manager (Brittany), to the Support Team (all of them - mainly Doug) has been outstanding.
The overall program is outstanding and very user-friendly ... for both administrators and all families and coaches using the tool - the positive feedback from all users has been great, and that's where Sportssignup makes the difference.
Hoping that the SS app for iphones and Android is completed soon as this may be the ONLY con of their product - although it can be accessed through Safari, etc anyway...

Great product and great service ...

Support client

This a top of the line registration and league management tool which we heartily endorse

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our organization has been with SportsSignUp since 2009. Our board reviewed several competing products at the time and found SSU's the best choice. In my opinion it is everything we expected and as the years have come and gone, it has become more. Enhancements are easy to follow. Registration and reporting are straightforward and easy to use by both staff and the parents and coaches. Customer service and support are first rate and it should be noted that it is rare that we have to seek help. Staff is courteous, prompt to respond, and issues and questions are addressed quickly and satisfactorily. Highly recommended.

Your Staff is Amazing!!

Publié le 07.11.2014
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have had a great experience when dealing with all of the staff I have encountered when calling in for issues with our Website. No matter what the issues have been, they have been taken care of very quick and timely. Sometimes there has been a delay because the team has had to find a fix. All in all I am so pleased to be able to count on the Team to resolve any issues we have. Thank you to all of you at Sports Signup!!

Support client

Highly recommended. The staff has worked with us to highlight the needs of our organization.

Publié le 18.11.2008

Avantages

The program has made our registration process more manageable and enables both end user and manager tools for better record keeping, organization and status.
The help received from sports signup is truly outstanding. Always helpful, understanding and suggestive to improve not only their product but our presentation as well.
We are very pleased with our choice to go with sports signup.

There are no negatives.

Support client

Excellent for summer baseball program!

Publié le 22.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our local baseball club switched over to SI Play and it has been wonderful. The registration process has been very easy to use. Tournaments, stats, and upcoming news can all be seen through the site. The coaches can also communicate with all the parents for rain delays or game changes. Positive experience!

Awsome Solution

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

SSU is a top notch organization, solutions oriented with applications that are highly intuitive. Top notch customer service, way above the rest. We are extremely pleased with what they are able to do. This is not just a cookie cutter out-of-box cloud system; one of the best out there.

These Guys Rock

Publié le 23.10.2014
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I'm highly impressed with everything about SportsSignup. The absolute best part is the customer service. The only possible con I could think of would be that I wish I had a little more availability for customization of the website. That's just a nitpick though. It's really great!

Support client

SI Play made things easy!

Publié le 22.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

At first I was nervous about using an online registration program for our annual dues, but SI Play was very user friendly. It also allowed the coaches to communicate with us during tournaments as to which field and time changes . Great product!

Sportssignup

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Sportssignup is an all inclusive system that is easy to use for administrators as well as for registrants. It is a very flexible and has many capabilities to track and acquire information. Customer service at Sportssignup is TOP NOTCH, wish I could rate it more than 5 stars!