Avis sur Virtuagym

Virtuagym

Logiciel de gestion de club tout-en-un.

3.8/5 (52 avis)
Traduit par Google

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

Publié le 03.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour.
Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits.
The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client.
The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team.
Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app!
*****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Avantages

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Inconvénients

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

VG can be big

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 16.06.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can.
I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

Avantages

Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress".

Has a lot to offer.
The foodapp is great
Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings
Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT.
Extra pay options are good.

Inconvénients

Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises.
App is not ready for Ipad.
Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions.
Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor.
Taskapp is not easy to use.

6.0/10
Traduit par Google

Terrible Terrible Terrible, stay away!

Publié le 25.04.2017
Provenance de l'avis

If they provided a good service that people wanted to continue to use, they would not need a 12-month contract. They have great, slick, fast talking, smooth sales people, and the website is great and it all sounds so good. They do not offer a free trial and the only way was to sign up. They had me convinced, and they said that all that I wanted they would deliver. Well, once I signed the contract that all changed. With a hefty set up fee, which included them loading the excel list of my client info into Virtuagym, they didn't do anything else, so that is a huge rip off. Then the story continued to fall apart even more. They claimed to have this amazing app for workouts which turned out to be incomplete, and not able to adjust a parameter in it like they promised it did. The sales tax is included in the pricing, so for US market this is an issue, and they had no good solutions. During the sales process they said they have tagging feature which for my business is key, and when I got to use the program the tagging feature was up, but you could only add tags, the delete button they told me has not been built yet and there was no reporting I could pull from the tags, essentially it was useless. They said well in few months we will have. I asked what is few months, they had no answers. Then they gave me a huge runaround about canceling and this being a breach of contract. Oh they also had they numbers wrong and they 2.5x charged my monthly fee, and demanded a fee to get out of contract, while acting like they were doing me a huge favor, after I with my staff put in over 20 hours of work to enter information, and research and work through all the problems we came across. Totally dishonest, totally wrong on so many levels.

Avantages

Great sales people that can sell ice to eskimos. The ideas sounds great, and I was super excited to start to use the product.

Inconvénients

The features they promised were either not developed yet, others were not fully functional, and those were the key features they told me about that got me to buy into their product. They took money upfont and wouldn't refund me even though what they promised they couldn't deliver. In over 10 years of being in business this is one of the worst companies I dealt with. End of they day, reputable and confident companies will provide a free trial and no contract. I highly advise to skip this company and look at others that offer a free trial and there are many companies that are month to month because their clients are happy and want to stay with them.

Virtuagym: great all-in-one system

Publié le 10.03.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My partner and I began with Virtuagym after I had investigated their booth at the 2016 Club Industry Show in Chicago.
From a mobile-fitness owner's standpoint and for traditional clubs, this system can be your go-to for a complete software.
First off, their support is exceptional with live chat and dedicated, rapid email response. All of my concerns and questions were always answered in a timely manner and from my requests, they've made changes to our system for us on what we wanted.

For specific feautures, Ill touch on a few, but their pdf catalog/brochure really lays out everything nicely for what is offered.
New and existing members can sign up for the system via request or going to the club's "online shop" where they may browse the club's products and packages. They can view a schedule with the club's class listings and book their spot. Member's receive their own profile page which can be customized and it is part of the club's own social feed. Groups can be added for different demographic purposes for what population the content speaks to.

Members can create their own workouts from a large exercise and activity database, track their progress with many measurement options. Track food with a huge database of foods as well as create your own meals by saving particular foods in the nutrition diary as a meal, so it can be accessed later if the client makes and eats the same thing. Nutrition facts are clearly displayed and this can be a good tool, however does take time and work for one to become proficient and willing to do this all the time.

The system syncs with Fitbit for basic statistics and VG has their own activity trackers that go with their system, NeoHealth, which could be a promotion to members.

From a personal coaching standpoint, I would grade this system a B. Ive been told some updates are near that would work out some kinks and be useful additions. Push notifications, a "circuit/superset" option in the workout builder, majority of posts on the social feed go through, but some receive an error and most be re-entered.
But alot is offered. You can send workouts and activities to the client's activity calendar, set up and fill in their meal plan and set goals.

For business, everything is offered. Point of sale, kiosk check ins, marketing, services, memberships and more can be edited for the individual club or coach's liking

Traduit par Google

Don't pay and demand a trail before hand

Publié le 18.07.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

So at the beginning I ask repeatedly if I could trail the app before signing up for 12 months.
They never let me.
They did do an online presentation with me and I was very impressed with all the features that were shown it had everything I needed so I payed it lump at the start a few hundred pounds and started to use the software.
Straight away I realised it was such a bad mistake.
It's not at all finished there's so many problems with it, after a week I found a client feedback page and realised I wasn't the only one finding it a nightmare to use...
It's such a shame as they have thought of everything but it's not no where near ready yet and if you get your clients onto the software and the app your going to make yourself look incompetent.
I tried to get into but no joy I've just given up, can't waist anymore time with it.
The hardware is even worse the scales and the writs band "fitness tracker" beyond awful.

Beware of any software that doesn't let you test it before hand.
Maybe in a year or two this app will be worth paying for but I wouldn't even use it for free as it is, your just going to come across as unprofessional to your clients.

Avantages

Customer service is fantastic to be fair.

Everything else unfortunately.

Traduit par Google

Not advised for personal trainers

Publié le 01.09.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It doesn't help Personal trainers, there are better options in the market. This is a app that was first designed for the general population, and not for personal trainers. Recently they started to sell professional packages - to personal trainers and gyms- but it seems that they are much more interested in gyms, than personal trainers, so all the updates failed to improve the main things that i wanted to improve.

Avantages

It gives you access to a very powerful platform, and you can brand it everything.

- no Coach app;
- Terrible workout editor;
- You cannot assign workout to a client, he needs to chose it from the available workouts;
- you cannot use the app to track your clients workouts;
- You dont have a demo of the portal, you need to sign for a year membership if you want to access to the portal;

Traduit par Google

I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package.

Publié le 18.03.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym!

Avantages

The many different software features to run a health clinic

Inconvénients

I was told that the software would link with fitbit scales, however, they do not link to the scales, only the trackers.

Not what I needed

Publié le 09.05.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This software is better suited to someone wanting to manage clients one-on-one, manually.

After trialling for a few days, I realised that it wasn't going to suit my business coaching needs as we do some group programs (as do many Personal Trainers and gyms) and I need a system that has automations integrated and the ability to tag and group my clients based on the programs they are doing. This system cannot do this.

This company doesn't advertise a free trial period like many competitors but is still bound by the cooling off period on its contracts. I cancelled 5 days into trying to set up the system. A week later, after advising the product wouldn't suit, I am still waiting on an answer about a requested refund and cancellation of my contract. Even though by law, Virtuagym must provide at least a 7 day cooling off period, 8 days later they still won't confirm that I can cancel. I still have to wait 'on management reviewing' my case?

I have trialled 3 other systems and haven't had any issue up to this point. There are some amazing programs on the market but it's hard to ascertain the functionality of system until you work in it.

I have now had to advise my bank of this dispute and to challenge the current charge plus any further. I am really disappointed with this poor service.

Not what i was told

Publié le 25.01.2018

Nothing

Avantages

The functionality of the coaching app, is nice - That's it.

Inconvénients

I explicitly asked that when i purchased virtuagym, would it be possible for my clients to have a limited number of PT sessions on a weekly basis, starting on sunday and renewing on the following sunday....however i wanted them to be able to book at least 30-60 days in advance as my clients like to plan.

I was told that this was possible and i would have help setting it up, this has not happened.

I have had virtuagym since December and was looking to implement it into my gym facility by mid january, however due to the lack of help from support, i am no closer to getting what i need from the software.

I even offered to pay virtuagym to set it up for me as i thought it may be me that was doing something wrong, they declined and their rep. stopped conversing over the support line.

All i wanted was for my clients to book 1,2,3 or 4 Personal Training sessions per week, at least 30 days in advance - How can this be so hard..!!??

At the moment the system allows me to book 10 sessions in 10 days and i was told "That's ok, the client will be notified if they don´t have enough credits to attend the class"

All i want is that the client can't book the class, i dont want them to book to be told nearer the time "sorry you don't have enough credits" they will turn up and say "but i booked and the system let me?"

Very frustrating for a business owner and terrible customer service

data driven!

Publié le 04.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I love using virtuagym as a trainer, but even more so as a business owner. It has made my client management so much more efficient. My absolute favorite part is the simple set up of the body metrics! As a trainer, it is imperative that you keep good notes, as well as document accurate changes in their body, strength, cardio, etc. And since we do this weekly, the paper stacked up fast in each client folder. Now, I save the paper cost, and purchased an additional laptop for the gym. We can't say enough good things about virtuagym and their staff! Happy to be a part of the team!

Avantages

pretty user friendly. And a lot to offer.

Inconvénients

the workout builder needs to hurry with the options of circuit workouts, and drop sets.

Traduit par Google

After using several other software's, Virtuagym is by far the best!

Publié le 27.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

VirtuaGym has given us an amazing online platform to offer everything you and your client needs. The software is easy to use, super affordable and can handle just about anything we need it to do in order to run our fitness center. The members really enjoy the applications especially the nutritional guidance. It has been absolutely amazing to have the ability to add our own QR codes, youtube videos, video workouts, and images for our pro members to have access to has been valuable. Building the classes, schedules and memberships took some time to figure out but the support was above and beyond all competition. They never complain about how many times we ask for help and are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. VirtuaGym is constantly updating their software to meet the needs of this industry and I am excited to see how much they grow in the future. If you dream big for your business then there's no need to shop around for any other software/membership program.

Easy to Use
Versatile
Great Customer Service
Affordable

App can be difficult

A user-friendly app!

Publié le 27.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I started working with the Virtuagym software a few months ago and I am quite pleased with the experience so far! It was important for me to get an app that was personalized and had the functionalities that I needed for myself and my clients. Virtuagym did just that for me! They took the time to understand my needs and offered me a monthly plan targeted to that; they didn't try to sell me extra systems or functionalities that I didn't need. I really appreciated that! Their customer service is absolutely A+++! They always get back to me quickly by email or phone (which is great; who calls people anymore right?!), they offer webinars when you get started and so much more! Everyone I spoke with was super nice, friendly and helpful! As the software itself, I like how easy it is to use and how quickly my clients understand how to track their food, follow their training programs (awesome exercises videos!), join a challenge, etc., thanks to the helpful tips you can find directly on the app when you first download it or on their support database on their website. The only thing I would like to see them add in the future is the option of doing all the admin stuff (professional coach account) from the app itself and not only from a browser. I would like to be able to send my clients messages, see their food diary, plan their workouts from my phone too via the app - just to make everything more accessible! But overall, a great app, great customer service and super easy to use!

Traduit par Google

Customer retention and ease of communication was our primary goal this software smashed those goals

Publié le 08.06.2018

Avantages

The fact that I can communicate with all my members in one place, schedule, take payments and have the full functionality of the finance section, but also add in as many staff members as needed specifically to their individual departments just Love this option. Great to track memberships and attendance as well as online option to our business.
The support by far is AWESOME the team that looks after the UK clients are simply incredible and they go over and above to help and have worked late working on our system and to know that you have a full office pulling out all the stops to make things awesome for your business is such a relief. Telephone, email and chat feature are the support methods and when that office is shut other offices worldwide pick up the issue and assist so the support package is by far the best I've come across and without them I would have not stayed with the software. But they have gone above and beyond to help us get it right and that I value a lot, team is fantastic real-life hero's

Inconvénients

The notifications are not very quick, and the apps are individual as opposed to being just one for portal, food and coaching. Lot to get head around at first but support is incredible

Traduit par Google

Will be good in another 1-2 years I think, but currently not as great as it makes out it is.

Publié le 06.06.2018

Avantages

The software has the beginnings of a well rounded, professional platform - IOS and Android applications complement the Web Portal Interface.

Many of the features are workable, some are much better than the other alternatives on the market.

Inconvénients

Lack of visibility in product's development - as a client we don't know when a promised feature will be released (if ever). Basic functionality such as the ability to create supersets inside the workout editor took years to implement; VG stated that this was because the workout editor needed a complete redesign; but did not give anyone any idea of when this would be released other than *soon*.

Billing automation is clunky and does not integrate with many of the vendors in the market.

3.0/10
Traduit par Google

Worst possible outcome. Buyer beware!!

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 27.07.2018

Avantages

I never do these. But I feel it's my responsibility to help to prevent this type of business from perpetuating. I requested a demo after hearing a gent mention it at a conference I attended recently. During the demo, I was shown functions and features. Now I'm ASSUMING Miquel the salesman, said this software was a 12-month commitment but nevertheless I missed it. I clicked purchase and then realized the length of the commitment. I immediately displayed my concern. I emailed the salesman within minutes explaining i wasn't prepared to commit to some charges on a software I had yet to have seen in any length, much less use. He explained that it was essentially too late. damage was done. Now I'm no Einstien, but if I was to do something similar, using the same logic, to a customer at my gym, cops would be called. They take it and put it in the drawer. Something about the place tells you, "this just isnt for me." so you explain that to the gent behind the desk. And he keeps your money! I'd call the cops. I don't care about policies, that's immoral. We are way too connected these days for this kind of business to flourish. There are plenty of other training apps that don't do business like this, work just as well, and charge a 5th the price.

Inconvénients

Where do I begin? The shady sell approach. The unethical operations. The lack of compassion.

Traduit par Google

Great app, can use minor improvements

Publié le 05.04.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I enjoy the app a lot, I really like the workout feature. I would love it if there was a before and after feature in the app for clients and if they were able to keep up with body metrics. The nutrition app can use some updating as well. But all in all I'm really satisfied with the app in its features.

Avantages

The scheduler and booking features are great as well as the workout plans you can build. The coaching and workout builder is my favorite feature

Inconvénients

There isn't a way for the clients to post before and after pics. The nutrition app is kind of confusing for clients, it could use a update. The workouts disappear if you don't do them on the day scheduled.

Love it!

Publié le 31.07.2017

Avantages

I love that it is frequently updated, new exercise are added often, it's clear/easy/concise to use. My clients like the "in app" tutorials and I hear overall great things from my clients!

Inconvénients

I wish when creating a workout you could do more things like supersets, circuits, etc. I also wish you could do timed OR repetitions for each exercise instead of having to make a an exercise for each.

Traduit par Google

Virtuagym is a very customer-friendly program, easy to learn, easy to use

Publié le 10.05.2017

Avantages

Good overview and access of all functions; easy to use app for members; nice tool for coaches to communicate with their clients;

Inconvénients

Too limited tolls for management-overviews:
- not possible to make printable periodical overviews (monthly - yearly)
- making specific queries is limited or even not possible (memberships, periodical results, products and so on),
- making periodical financial reports is not possible

Traduit par Google

Thank you Virtuagym for this succes!

Publié le 06.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Comments: Virtuagym delivers! Ever since I requested a demo, they have been on top of literally everything. From showing me what benefits and features the system entails, to using the system to its full capacity and updating me on new features, such as the web shop.

Pros: the organization itself is very professional, and I can tell as I've visited the office. Other than that I'm really liking the fact that it's such a robust system, with both coaching and retention tools. Lastly, I'd say the number of features they've been able to push through, with a community, a webshop and payment processing as some recent examples.
Cons: not that I was ever told this was going to be build, but I'd like to see a lead follow up section at some point.
Recommendations to other buyers: I'm positive you will save plenty of time and be able to retain your customers for a way longer period of time. Your members are going to like the challenges and community part!

Traduit par Google

Functional, easy, up to date

Publié le 07.08.2017

Avantages

Little effort for a maximum of work. A lot of exercices. Good bookkeeping and administration . Food app is good

Inconvénients

Conflict in use with clients of basic fit. Some gsm's dont work good with the app's . For the rest Ok!

Traduit par Google

Excellent program! Definitely improved membership!

Publié le 30.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The exercise portion is great for helping more at-risk members to have a plan, the nutrition app is a great IIFYM calculator, and the NEO health trackers tie it all together to give a picture of where members are and track their progress along the way to improve retention and increase income. I would like to see the payment side more Americanized for us in the US. We don't have bic codes and such.

Avantages

Exercise programs, nutrition, and NEO bracelets. Haven't used it for membership yet.

Inconvénients

Needs to be more American-friendly in payment portion.

Traduit par Google

Great software i could not imagine going back to the old way of doing things after using virtuagym.

Publié le 13.06.2018

Avantages

The mobile app online portal is great it has saved me so many hours designing plans and I can check and change a client's diets and training. I can also add training plans straight to their account so they have something to follow between one to one sessions as well as giving clients all a printed copy or training plans. I have always had a great service from the virtuagym staff members have always been very helpful and quick to respond to any issues I have had. I have enjoyed using the software so much that I have even referred a few other personal trainers and I could not imagine going back to the old way of doing things after using virtuagym.

Inconvénients

Can be hard for new users to use the app to the full potential but if you take the time clients will use the app and get more benefits from it once you show them how.

Terrible, Dishonest Company

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 11.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

None, unless you count less money in the bank account as a benefit. I don't.

The software could be great with quite a few improvements, but it lacks much basic functionality such as automated billing.
- The sales people are slick tongued and can sell really well. They'll promise you whatever you want! (See Cons)

Inconvénients

- As mentioned, they promise a lot and then don't deliver. If you ask about a feature they don't have, they'll assure you it "launches next month" or some such nonsense.

- Sales people sell a product they don't have by promising/"showing" features they don't have.

- They WILL charge you as long as they possibly can, even going so far as to change the names that appear on the credit card statement in order to circumvent account holds.

- They won't let you try the platform before committing. Their minimum contract is 12 months and the "cancellation" terms are to pay out the entire remaining contract even if you don't want to use the service.

- When you do try to cancel, they'll delay replying long enough to charge you at least one more time, then they'll try to make you jump through hoops with "cancellation paperwork" when the contract expressly states they accept cancellation via simple email.

- This company is a scam. Stay away!

Traduit par Google

Virtuagym saves time and my clients love it!

Publié le 25.01.2018

Avantages

I like that I am able to connect with the community and my clients which is important in the training industry. I especially love the nutrition and training apps. It also stays frequently updated.

Inconvénients

More user customization features would be great when it comes to workouts but all in all it is a great software.

Happy clients because of Virtuagym

Publié le 27.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I was starting my company VITAMIND when I saw an other trainer who was using the online system from Virtuagym. I loved it, it had exactly the features where I was searching for as a trainer to complete the request from my clients.

What I personally like is that it's a very complete software, as it includes both client-engagement and membership-management. Assigning workouts and meal plans is easily done and the support from Virtuagym is very fast and friendly.

I think Virtuagym offers a complete system to give your clients full online support to manage their (new) lifestyle.

Depending on what you're looking for, this is definitely a software I'd recommend to trainers and also to big companies as your employees can also use it for their health-measurements and -competition. ;-)

Avantages

Complete online system to improve your lifestyle with food, move and mindset.