Avis sur Podio

Podio

Logiciel de gestion de projet et clients

4.4/5 (166 avis)

High Customization Project Management

Publié le 25.07.2016

Avantages

The level of customization is amazing, and really makes Podio an incredibly versatile tool. Even with the mid-level plus pricing plan, we've utilized custom workspaces for a large variety of use cases throughout our company. The team at Podio also releases updates fairly often, which is great to see. Almost every update has added value to how we use the application.

It's obvious that the Podio team has put a lot of work into what they have released thus far. The quality is great, and I can't think of anything that doesn't work properly or that feels messy. I'm confident that new features they release in the future will be just as well polished.

Inconvénients

The number one limitation to Podio is the lackluster permission structure. On one hand, it has really forced us to create truly collaborative and transparent workspaces. However, it has also made it /impossible/ to use Podio for certain more sensitive applications. It is also incredibly annoying that there isn't an overall admin group for the total organization. We have multiple admins for our Podio organization (who help create and maintain workspaces), and each of us have to be added to every workspace as an admin in order to maintain the system. This means that our feeds get spammed with activity from every workspace, making it pretty useless for our own needs. It also bloats some of our workspaces, and makes it tricky to maintain stuff.

In the plus price level, reports are kind of a joke. I believe they get a lot better in the higher plans, but plus level reports are almost useless.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Project management with all the bells and whistles.

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 16.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Podio is powerful, indeed. I ranked it a bit lower than most as my focus has always been around small businesses. And Podio might simply be too much for that sector. But it does offer an impressive array of features that perhaps small businesses with lots of development background need. It seems to wrap too many features into one product and many organizations simply do not work this way. But the concept of keeping all this functionality in one single place does make it appealing. Yet, there is much to be desired for regarding features in each category. Project Management, for example. It has features that are very common among competitors, but lacks features like milestones, issue tracking, defects, testing, epic and story hierarchies, etc. It simply does not provide the power one would expect from a solid project management functionality. Instead of ramping up these features, others are added, such as a CRM and financial features, etc. I would not entirely dismiss Podio, as it might be exactly what your organization's structure needs. Perhaps a quick test drive would do. I found it cumbersome for my small business, especially since I was already managing my clients using another CRM and my financials were being managed by another online application... keeping them all isolated and visible only to the required personnel.

Avantages

Podio is feature rich and more aligned with larger companies with design and development teams. It offers a wide range of views to fit any and all your needs. Create and manage workspaces with ease. Podio is much more than just a project management tool. It offers the ability to track leads and clients with default or customizeable templates to display their details. Manage projects, portfolios and much more. With a focus on the creative (design) and development, Podio offers much more than one can ask for. It even offers an impressive library of APIs for customization and integrations. Track tasks with incredible details including time. Podio even gives you a place to track expenses. If your organization is looking for a product that keeps everything in one place, Podio might provide this for you.

Inconvénients

Despite the rave reviews on the Pros, I believe that Podio is just too much for the average project management role. It feels as though it is trying to combine the features of a CRM, Financial System and Project Management product all in one place. Most organizations are simply not structured in a way that all these features should reside in one system. Perhaps it will work for some, which is why Podio does have a strong hold in the industry.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Double-edged tool. Lots of flexibility and features, but easy to lose your direction and focus.

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 15.08.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Reliable communication with the team through the chat function. Good personal tas management and also knowledge management. Even though we stored or files in a cloud service, we 'indexed' and sorted our knowledge through Podio.

Avantages

This app felt like a blank canvas. You can create a lot of workspaces, each with differentes apps that have different functionality, such as "Expenses" and "People". For each app, you can create items, that you can call whatever you like, e.g. "Payment" and "Person", respectively. Within them, you have many field options and you can customize quite a bit, even automatically creating tasks. I also appreciated that the calendar, your tasks and your contacts have their separated site. Each works automatically, adding events that you interacted with automatically to your calendar, the same with tasks that were delegated to you. In summary of the good stuff, lots of possibilites. Also, formulars where quite helpful.

Inconvénients

As much as it has pros, there is for me and the organization where we used it, one big Con, that goes throughout the whole app: too much flexibility and little restraint/focus. The tool is a blank canvas, and I am sure you can create a good workflow for different needs. The problem is, that you (at least we did) need a single person that first, understands how it all works second, takes the time to create each app and the item-configurations (altough there is a marketplace where you can use other people's templates) and third, explain it to everybody else. The problem comes, when you realize there was an unknown feature or a simpler way of doing things. There is so much that is possible that you might end up complicating your workflow to much.

7.0/10

Love this tool, fully customizable!

Publié le 30.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'm using the free version, so for me it's a free project management tool that can be customized to track any type of project or process. I can assign and schedule tasks for any user in the workspace.

Avantages

It can do anything! There are pre-developed apps and packages of apps that you can add to your workspace to get started quickly. Those modules can be modified to meet your needs. OR, you can create your own apps to serve your own purposes. I've created my own apps for a variety of workspaces and have found it can do almost anything! So far we've used it for lead development, website development/QA, order tracking, and customer feedback handling. Love that we can assigne and schedule tasks for any user in the workspace. We're a small team, so the free version has been able to meet our needs as well.

Inconvénients

It can be time consuming to figure out how build your own applications. The pre-built apps are great to start with, but then you have to visualize how to modify them to meet you unique needs. Not bad, just a learning curve. Also, the per user per month expenses can add up quickly if you need the more advanced features.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Amazing Customizable CRM with lots of hidden power using add ons.

Publié le 12.02.2018

Avantages

I really like the fact that Podio offers a customizable CRM solution that can be configured for almost any kind of business. The free product tier is critical to test feasibility of concepts and to help determine if the software will support your needs. The GlobiFlow additional service is incredibly powerful to automate particular process flow within Podio and externally. Using GlobiFlow, you can link to outside services and trigger actions based on events in the system. Also critical to my business is the developer API, which allows me to connect my own value added software to orchestrate other business related tasks not supported by GlobiFlow.

Inconvénients

The user interface is in need of updating. Some widgets like scroll bars are cumbersome to use with tables due to a scroll bar within scroll bar effect that makes the page and table scroll in a strange way. Also, some basic capabilities of certain form widgets are missing like default values setting.

Podio. Great Tool That Not Enough People Know About

Publié le 31.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

At our local Red Cross we needed a simple way to keep track of volunteer info and first aid training participants. It used to be a very manual process and being a small branch I couldn't convince admin to spring for an expensive CRM.

My search landed me on the Podio website and I gave it a try. What an amazing tool it proved to be. It took a few weeks to get the hang of it (mainly because I had no previous experience with CRMs) but it has now become a central part of operations. We now can't imagine life without it.

Now that we have it set up just the way we want it we can now easily figure out how many volunteers have been trained in not just First Aid but all of the other courses we offer.

We have an easy way to check the number of events each volunteer has attended over any given period.

Using webforms we have a really simple way for clients to requests First Aid volunteers at their events which automatically notifies the people we've specified so following up is now much easier.

It has an iPhone app so even on the go staff always have access to data as long as there is an internet connection.

I could go on and on but I think I would say my favourite feature is the customizability. It doesn't do everything (nothing does) but even with a free account you can get so much done it's simply mind blowing. Looking forward to the improvements (which have been never ending since we signed up).

I now use it at my job to keep track of staff info and again it has become an invaluable tool significantly speeding up my workflow.

Avantages

Price (free option is great)
Very customisable

Inconvénients

Would love the ability to print pdf reports instead of just exporting Excel files

Transformative Software

Publié le 22.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Podio has enabled me to completely change the way several companies share specific tasks. What's exciting? Two things. First - get rid of those awful little spreadsheets and put the data where the team can all access it concurrently. Second - wrap around it a neat package of task management, status updates, messaging, voting, and chat. And more. Voila. We have an internet for collaboration that converts office comma from the old "Outlook model" to the new, more open, "Facebook model".
The way in which users (permitted users) can edit the system while it is in use - could not be easier. I have been astonished to see non-IT professionals take up serious development and love it.
There's much more to say. Let's just say there is hidden depth. It looks so simple and it is, but one is always finding new gems that offer flexibility- such as webforms, or embedded JavaScript options! I think I could build a career in the Podio platform.

Avantages

Flexibility. Ease of use.

Inconvénients

Check the pricing model, but even that has been great for my clients who are registered charities.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I love Podio and have been using it as my main CRM and business tracking service for roughly 2 years

Publié le 18.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use it every day to improve my business organization. It keeps tracks of my clients, important events, money, expenses, quarterly reports, and anything else. I love the customization of the apps, which allows me to create whatever I want, from CRM to tracking.

Avantages

I love the option to customize all of my apps in Podio. I am a professional magician and use it to keep track of proposals for shows sent out, as well as their progresses. Moreover, I use it to keep track of expenses, invoices, and whether or not I've distributed my money to my business accounts. I also use it to keep track of clients, which makes it very easy to quickly look up information. I love that I can link apps, such as my show proposals and client apps, which makes everything flawless. Plus, the tasks option allows me to create reminders for myself without cluttering my own personal to-do list. Plus... it's free!!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Worth the money you pay!

Publié le 25.06.2018

Avantages

Podio has been a huge help for the project management purposes as the platform offers highly customizable and flexible settings to adapt even the internal user interface to the requirements/characteristics of the project. What's more, the functionality and the adaption to the external apps as well as the useful add-ons give the platform more functionality that saves a lot of time and effort searching for those in another system.
For the smaller organizations, you can start with free plan/trial, however, if you want to take it seriously and benefit fully, I'd advise going for the paid versions.

Inconvénients

There are few cons of the system. Sometimes it seems to be lagging and it's hard to determine whether it's due to the load it puts on the browser and the computer lags or the system as well as it's cloud-based.
What's more, for the new users, due to extended functionalities after some time of customization, it's hard to be easily acquired.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I am an early adopter, and love love Podio's clean-canvas approach to app building!

Publié le 19.09.2017

Avantages

- That it is clean-canvas and you can set up basically any object, process, structure or workflow you need
- The recent calculation field javascript functions are a life-saver!
- I have been using Podio since its very early days (back when you could only add, subtract or multiple two fields at a time). It still had so much value for our process as a services company that wants to track what our consultants are billing.
- Task management settings are excellent (even if i don't use it as much as i should, adding, assigning and tracking tasks is a breeze)

Inconvénients

- Being an app intended geeks, it feels like it would be hard to set up initially
- Has limited app permissions (for e.g. field-based permissions for different user types is needed for any level of process above basic.

Support client

Completely customizable way to store and share info across multiple office locations.

Publié le 19.01.2018

Avantages

Our company was able to build our database from the ground up, which was very helpful for our specialized company who didn't fit a pre-determined mold when it came to the storing and sharing of info. The tasks section is extremely helpful to remind you or any member of your team about any items to complete both within Podio and externally. I loved the ease of the chat and group chat features, and the ability to send gifs in chat brought some fun and lightness to my day!

Inconvénients

Learning curve can be long, especially depending on how your administrator has chosen to set up Podio before you begin using it. Different people seem to gravitate towards different ways of organizing information, so this needs to be taken into account for complex records and your employees' different learning styles.

5.0/10

Simply Incredible DIY Database/CRM SaaS Software

Publié le 06.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It powers our entire business and allows us to create any app, workflow or logic to handle customers, vendors, etc.

Avantages

You can create practically any app, workflow, form and logic imaginable for your business. The power sitting behind this software is simply incredible.

Inconvénients

If you have outside users interfacing in your Workspaces, you cannot control the UI experience for them or brand the app towards your company. Also, if someone posts a negative comment, it will exist in your app forever because you can't delete other people's comments. Finally, if you're using private embed-protected Vimeo videos, they will not work on the Podio Mobile app.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Customer Support and Billing Horrible!

Publié le 01.09.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Podio customer service and billing is horrible! I am so angry that I upgraded to the $24 per month plan and was charged $244.56! The invoice and payment receipt came in at the same time without giving any notice that the $24 plan that I signed up for was now up to over $200.
The customer chat said I could request a phone call to get the issue resolved, however, no one ever called. The email resolution department was NO help! All they could say was it would be corrected on the next billing cycle. I need it corrected Now! Had I wanted to spend that much per month I would have signed up for the 5 person $120 per month plan.
No phone support to assist customers and extremely disappointing customer service.

Avantages

I like the program but not for $250 per month when I am the only person in my organization

Inconvénients

NO PHONE SUPPORT! Although they tell you that you may request phone contact if you have a billing problem. There is No phone support.

0.0/10

The reliable way to lead your business

Publié le 23.04.2018

Avantages

The successful project contains a lot of different things that make it successful. First of all you are always need to be well aware of everything that is going on in your project, also, you must be able to easily communicate with every person of your team, in addition to this you definitely need great analytical part that can show your progress and so on, and all of these things you get with Podio. The possibility to organize meetings maybe not the most crucial but greatly simplifies life.

Inconvénients

From time to time we need to make some changes in our personal system, and when we need it that would be great to have a person who may promptly help us with this, without writing to the support team and wait for their response.

One of our favourites

Publié le 15.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's highly flexible and easy to use, saves us time.

Avantages

* Podio is such a flexible solution. It's the only system I'd ever come across that let you design your system around your business, instead of them forcing your business to fit their system.
* Really easy to use
* Can track/store multiple types of data so is flexible to be used in various areas of the business.

Inconvénients

* Importing bulk changes isn't as easy as it could be
* Advanced workflows require a higher package, so you're limited with the lower end packages in terms of automation, without using a third party service like Zapier.

Not the BEST But Very Affordable

Publié le 09.06.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Real time tracking of sales and easy to calculate commissions

Avantages

You can customize pretty much any field imaginable to build anything you want and need. It doesn't require you to fit everything into their box or what they say you need. Integrated with Zapier it is very powerful.

Inconvénients

You can't search by email address (there are errors with any email that has more than 1 period which is almost a deal breaker. Reports can't be accessed in the app which is one of my primary uses. I have a workaround scripted in my phone, but I feel like you shouldn't have to be an expert to find what your sales are.

Universal Database Tool

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 25.03.2018

Avantages

First time, it seems that the platform is very complicated it takes a long time to learn how to use it, but in the end it's worth spending time because it becomes very natural software for managing your team. Take a little time to properly configure projects. It's worth it. This program is an excellent tool for working with your team in almost everything. With such a program, it is easy to store data, monitor activities or even create surveys. With this platform, you can create different applications, workflow, form and logic that you can only imagine for your business. By sharing applications in this program, I can monitor both the individual actions that need to be taken to advance the project, and the closer stages that we need to do to complete the project on time. It is very simple to use this program in small groups to assign tasks to colleagues, which allows us to work together and clearly communicate our expectations about each other.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it's not easy to understand some of the functions of this platform. For beginners, it may seem very difficult. Saving documents in the database is slow, and if there are a lot of them, copying can take several minutes.

Podio Is Powering Progress At Our Firm

Publié le 25.07.2016

Avantages

The ease and ability to customize and develop this platform is what makes this product superior to all of the others that we've tried. We currently have 5-6 entirely different use cases for Podio in our company from tracking heavy equipment to talent development to the RSVP management system for our company parties and picnics.
It really is ridiculously simple to create a workspace with workflows and reporting views. It is also extremely helpful that the cost of the licensing is so low and the terms of the licensing are flexible. I can't say that I've had to deal with Podio as a vendor other than the initial set-up because the product has run so smoothly.

Inconvénients

I wish that the reporting was a bit more robust. In the past, our team has wanted to do some projection reporting and Podio just doesn't seem equipped to do what we are looking for.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Easy to use and user friendly service

Publié le 11.04.2018

Avantages

This application looks like an empty canvas, you can create many workspaces with different applications on your own and differentiate the functionality to them. You can customize the automation of some functions and tasks. It is very important that the new employee can easily contribute to the work since Podio is simple and easy to understand even for a beginner. Our team uses Podio for a variety of things. I like that I can export many things to spreadsheets where we can analyze them.

Inconvénients

There are a few key functions missing, most importantly the ability to edit multiple entries at once. Sometimes, when you are working with Podio, the application knocks out the user.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Our company used podio for about 3 years as a custom CRM. It was reliable, easy, and improved us.

Publié le 08.09.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This streamlined our lead intake process, helped us better achieve our sales goals, and took our professionalism to a new level. Additionally it offered us more measurable metrics, some basic automation/workflows, and a clearer sales pipeline.

Avantages

The flexibility of the software, the cloud-based nature, and the ease of use. I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Inconvénients

We're ready for a more inclusive marketing automation software that integrates with our web presence as a more robust CRM. This was a great product that served us well, but our business needs are different now.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Very good project management tool

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 07.04.2018

Avantages

Podio is a very advanced web manager and mobile application manager. It allows you to assign assignments to others and receive notifications when they are completed. Also, I like the customizable function of workspaces, so the work will be very organized. The interface is fantastic, easy to use and facilitates the introduction of the entire company. Integration with Dropbox is essential for what we do, and it simplifies the storage of files in Dropbox folders. Podio is widely used by all employees at all levels and even our business partners.

Inconvénients

The biggest problem with Podio is confusion with contacts. Podio has several forms of contacts that can be misleading and affect the functionality. Somewhere along the line, we lost integration with Google Apps, which was a great way to clean up the mailboxes.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Great - so long as you accept the quirks

Publié le 03.03.2015
Provenance de l'avis

Our company has been using Podio for a couple of years. A brief summary:

- the concept is brilliant in its flexibility and ease of customisation
- Podio team has their own view of the way things should be done, and if you dare to challenge their (somewhat quirky) logic, they'll politely reply "this feature is not in our plans for the moment".

Conclusion: if you're prepared to accept lack of archiving, inability to manage access rights to items, not being able to set task reminders after completion date etc., you'll love Podio; if your aim is to adapt Podio to your current business process rather than adopt THEIR vision - you may find yourself rather frustrated, so don't start.

- Flexibility
- Ease of customisation (so long as you stick to Podio's view of workflow)
- Quick support response

- Some major quirks Podio are not willing to change
- A general "stuck up" attitude by the vendor

Terrible software and the most frustrating, ridiculous customer support experience I've ever had

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 27.06.2018

Avantages

It was suggested to me by a friend, but I hated just about everything about it - it was frustratingly complicated and overly difficult to use.

Inconvénients

After purchasing a subscription, I found the software to be overly complicated, so I cancelled my account. However I continued to be billed for the next 2 months. I began contacting them about those charges, asking for a refund. While communicating with their "support", they stated they do not provide refunds, and refused to do anything. So I filed a dispute with my credit card company for the 2 charges. The CC company found in my favor and refunded both charges back to me. As soon as that happened, it must have marked the invoices as "unpaid" in Podio's system, and they began sending them to me again on a daily basis asking for payment. I resumed communication with them, asking for them to close out my account, close out the pending invoice and stop sending me emails. They responded to every ticket stating that they don't process refunds. I wasn't asking for a refund, I had already been refunded by my CC company. I was asking them to stop emailing me about the invoice that had already been decided in my favor. Finally I get an email stating my account was closed and I wouldn't get anymore emails. 5 days later, the emailed invoices resumed - this time being sent to not one, but TWO of my email addresses. The lengths they will go to, to harass a customer over a bill is asinine. It has been four months and the issue is still not resolved, and I continue to receive daily emails about my "outstanding" invoice.

The buffet version of Project Management Software

Publié le 07.06.2018

Avantages

The ability to customize Podio to look and act exactly how you need it to is by far the best benefit. We've been able to create "apps" inside Podio for tracking everything we need from support tickets, billing, inventory, projects, receipts, to name a few, and even one to inform clients of project status automatically.

Inconvénients

The mobile app experience for Podio is lacking with limited control of views within different apps and slow response time when updating at times.

Support client

Good product but can be better

Publié le 11.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Podio is a good enough organization and collaboration platform that we use on a daily basis at our company. It's very feature packed and is quite customizable. My major issues with it though is that the UX is a bit too cluttered and messy and there are one or two occasional bugs. It can also be a bit difficult for new users to understand. This hasn't kept us from using it for the past couple of years though and its ability to hook up with other tools (like TimeCamp in our case) is also a great bonus.

Feature packed.
Customisable.
Ability to link with the 3rd party tools.

Messy/cluttered interface/UX.
Occasionally buggy.
Difficult to understand for new users.

6.0/10