221 avis

CrashPlan

Sauvegarde professionnelle facile et automatique dans le cloud

4,6 /5 (221 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
221 avis
Nathan M.
Secteur d'activité: Automobile
Traduire en français

Excellent backup engine for any platform.

Publié le 23/03/2016
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

The CrashPlan architecture allows versioning, continuous backup on OS X, Windows, and Linux desktop clients, and Code42 offers PROe private cloud servers for each of these platforms as well.

I've used CrashPlan PROe (private cloud server with standard CrashPlan client) for three years, in multiple small business settings. It's a five star product, with five star support, but a few small but persistent browser compatibility issues, and one major licensing problem, keep it from earning all five stars from me.

Avantages

Installing, maintaining, and updating the PROe server is trivial on both Debian Linux and OS X. (One-click updates directly from the administrative console would be a nice addition, since locating update files on the Code42 site is not as quick as it perhaps should be, but that's a minor nuisance).

Likewise, installing and configuring clients is fast and easy, and once the client software is installed on a workstation, the administrative console allows control of all client settings, saving legwork. Client access can be restricted to ensure that backups are not interrupted, and CrashPlan PROe has a complete set of legal hold tools available in a separate administrative interface should your organization require them.

The client is lightweight and offers good granular control over bandwidth use. The server is extremely flexible, allowing any number of storage points on any number of running servers, even across server platforms, and the CrashPlan architecture further allows any client to be delegated as a storage point for other clients, in the case of, for instance, a satellite office scenario, disaster recovery, or server maintenance.

Inconvénients

The only real operating nuisance I've encountered is browser incompatibility with the otherwise lovely administrative console, which does not scale properly for Mobile Safari, and which presents a baffling "server disconnect" message on Safari for OS X. On the desktop, one can simply use Firefox or Chrome, but a proper mobile Safari theme--or even the ability to permanently eliminate the client download prompt when accessing the console from a mobile browser--would be a huge improvement for those of us who do an increasing amount of our admin tasks from our mobile devices.

The ugly is that this wonderfully designed, private cloud backup system, which was once my first choice for small business clients, is now available only in packages of 25 licenses and up. Not only does this make no sense from a supply side—Code42 incurs no storage or infrastructure overhead from private cloud backup, so one would think they would prefer to sell these licenses—but it arbitrarily shuts out small businesses from a product which is otherwise perfect for the small business use case, forcing these businesses, often creative firms which generate multiple gigabytes of new data each hour, to rely on Code42's public cloud product (try uploading 2 terabytes on virtually any broadband connection in the US) or, more realistically, to look elsewhere for onsite backup solutions.

I used to recommend CrashPlan PROe to all my small business clients. I can no longer do so, not because the product is not excellent—it is—but because Code42 literally will not sell it to them if they can't buy 25 or more licenses. The mind boggles at whatever bean-counterish logic led to this decision, which both locks small businesses out of an otherwise ideal product for their needs, and amounts to Code42 throwing away all potential revenue from those in the small business sector who cannot rely on public cloud backup alone.

I'd encourage small businesses and consultants working with small business to contact Code42 anyway, and put some pressure on them to revise this policy. CrashPlan PROe is otherwise as close to a perfect product as I have seen in the last ten years of IT, and it is simply foolish to refuse to sell it because a client has a smaller budget or smaller needs.

Andrzej M.
Traduire en français

Easy to use back-up plan, but upload speeds could be better.

Publié le 22/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I can easily backup all my photographs and Photoshop files on my external drive and have them always backed up in the cloud without much thought.

Avantages

It's easy to setup and once you do you can forget it. Also, support team is very responsive nad helpful (had few minor problems along the way and they were quickly resolved).

Inconvénients

Compared to some other softwares the upload speeds could be better (I tested same files with the same network and Crashplan was the slowest).

Benjamin J.
Traduire en français

Has so much potential but is being held back

Publié le 12/07/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Unlimited backup storage of my computer system with revision history

Avantages

The fact that the cost vs amount of storage you receive is incredible with Crash Plan. I have looked through so many providers for online backups and I don't believe anyone comes close to what is offered by this software.

The fact that once you you install the program and sign in, the interface is very straight forward allowing you to select what on your computer you want to back up, all the way down to the entire contents of your C: drive is great and makes the product easy to use.

Notifications are also a great feature to notify you if there was a problem during a backup.

Inconvénients

My major issues come down to resource usage and customer support. This software, even though it does fantastic things, is an absolute resource hog.

In the past I have been able to run constant backups incrementally at 15 minute intervals without much slow down of my systems. Within the past year however, on a 16GB memory system, as soon as crash plan begins to backup my memory usage jumps from about 15% to over 50% until I stop the program completely. On windows server 2012, the same issue happens, whether Crash Plan is installed for every user, or just my admin account, the instantaneous system slow down is there to where everyone on the system is effected.

My two attempts at contacting support about the issue resulted in almost a 1 week wait time between calls/emails and the answer I ended up receiving was that they would no longer be supporting servers with the Crash Plan application. However present day their website still says it supports windows servers.

The idea behind the program is amazing, I just wish the execution and support was more clear and helpful.

Used to be better

Publié le 12/06/2019

Avantages

It's a "set it and forget it" program which is great for backup and archiving. I loved the feature that allowed you to keep previous versions indefinitely.

Inconvénients

They've recently changed their terms and exclude certain file types for backing up. They eliminated their lowest priced plan and only offer their more expensive plans. Since their organizational changes, I've had lots of connection errors and interruptions. Backups need to be one thing - RELIABLE

Kathy S.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail

CrashPlan Gives Me Peace Of Mind

Publié le 22/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I really like CrashPlan. Most of the time, you wouldn't even know it was running ... it just does its thing! I think I have been using it for 10 or 12 years, and I have never felt the need to look for another application. I am disappointed that they no longer offer an option for personal use. I know that it says you can go with the business use option, even if you just do some freelance work with the computer you back up, but it is a little expensive for just a personal backup if the backup isn't that big. Overall though, I love CrashPlan, and recommend it to many people.

Avantages

I have been using CrashPlan for many years. I used to use it for personal use, but now I use it for business use. Because I work remotely, I keep a large collection of our graphics/code files on my computer. I don't have access to a work server to keep them on, and I was always concerned about what would happen if I were robbed, or some sort of disaster happened to my home, that wiped out my computer and my local backups. CrashPlan gives me peace of mind, that my files are backed up somewhere safe.

I evaluated other products, before choosing CrashPlan, and for me, CrashPlan was the winner for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason, was that if I had a computer with a smaller hard drive, and had to work off of an external hard drive for some things, CrashPlan also backed up that external hard drive to their system, as long as it was plugged into my computer. Not all backup software will do this. I also love it, because it works well on my Mac, and isn't just targeted at PC users.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the messages that you get about backups can be misleading. It will say that you have a certain amount set for backup, and sometimes it will be a number that seems really low. Every time I have looked into this with support, it has turned out that the correct amount WAS set for backup, but I believe the email went out mid backup, and therefore gave a misleading message. Sometimes that can be a little alarming, even though there was never a true issue.

The initial backup can be very slow ... like months, in my case! If I ever had to restore everything, I am sure it would take a crazy amount of time, so I would have to opt for the option where you pay to have a full hard drive mailed to you, which isn't cheap. Better than losing all your files though! That is why I also keep a local backup.

Love this App

Publié le 25/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have used for over 5 years without any issues. It updates as needed and provides backup for all my work.
A MUST HAVE feature they offer that few others have is their default option to keep 100% of your data even after you delete it off your hard drive. Most remove deleted files after only 30 days. That means if you make a mistake and remove a needed file you are out of luck. If you change out HDD due to space then all gets removed. No a good solution for total backup. This is why I have stayed with Crashplan.

Avantages

this app does what is meant to do. Assuming you have a decent upload speed it can handle several GB of files and backup within a few hours. For those with normal documents the backup would be instant no matter your providers upload speed.

Inconvénients

The cons are not against Crashplan but the needed upload speed which many providers limit. It works fine for smaller files but if sending hundreds of large image files a higher speed connection is needed to keep up.

Aviram G.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

An Effective way to backup your Data on the Cloud and your local network

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 07/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall Crashplan feels very solid and professional way to protect your data

Avantages

I used Crashplan for almost 2 years, as a client to backup all my clients data on local servers. the menus are simple and yet complex and when the time comes and you need to recover your data the process is very simple and quite fast (depends of course what size of backup data files you have)

Inconvénients

Does a lot of problems with Very old OS (windows XP for example) sadly as a company that have some very old software that don't work well on win7 and above the Crashplan didn't work good on them.

the Price is little bit high compare to other products in the market

Heather W.

Good Program

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 28/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, the potential for the program, and the idea seems great. But unless you have a huge bandwidth or pay for extra it's difficult to use for a some business owner like myself.

I flet secure in that my life were kept safe, in an online, web based program, however I could never use it to it's full potential because it took literally days for my to back up just one of my external hard drives full of full resolution .CR2 files.

Avantages

This program really does as it says, backups all that you have on your computer incase of lost data, or major computer crash loss. Because it's web based, it's all available and at the tip of your fingers if ever you need retrieve lost data.

Inconvénients

My biggest issue with that program was that it took up so much bandwidth that there was very little left for other things in my home, such as watching youtube, or Hulu, or Netflix.

It ate up a lot of my allotted bandwidth for the month, and I had a lot of difficulty using it because of that.

Secteur d'activité: Services d'information
Traduire en français

Crashplan is making a significant progress.

Publié le 20/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have deployed Crashplan to multiple companies as a secondary, offsite backup solution.

Avantages

-Simple to setup and use.
-Very reliable.
-Easy restores.
-Unlimited retention.
-Fairly inexpensive.
-Server and desktop versions available.

Inconvénients

-I feel the customer support is fairly lacking, but adequate if you are willing to wait a little bit.
-I have experienced a lot of issues with creating an account and/or updating the CC recently on their website.

Philip M.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion des investissements

Good backup

Publié le 16/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

A good product overall. Takes the worry out of safely backing up data. Easy to recover files from the backup.

-easy to use and learn
-simple and quick recovery of any files
-can backup external drives
-lots of storage
-constant automatic backup of data

Inconvénients

-pricing has been increasing signifivantly over time
-uses a lot of system resources when it is backing up data

Kyle M.
Secteur d'activité: Eau/gaz/électricité
Traduire en français

CrashPlan does exactly what it needs to do

Publié le 09/06/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We no longer need to manage our backup infrastructure. CrashPlan takes care of this. Previously, with Windows Backup, we needed to periodically purge our backups because when using a network location, Windows Backup can't do versioning. So we'd end up filling terabytes of storage of the same files over and over again. CrashPlan fixes this problem for us!

Avantages

CrashPlan is really easy to use. I love using it because I can backup to another computer for FREE! The only part of the app that is pay is if you want to backup the the Code42 cloud. If you don't use the cloud, you get easy & free backups! The versioning is also really nice. We can restore a file from any point along it's life. CrashPlan is used to backup our general file server, our email server, and our SQL database dumps. I can centrally restore any file from any server from my location. We migrated to CrashPlan from Windows Backup. It took a lot of overhead out of our backup procedure. CrashPlan has also saved our files from Virus' on a few occasions. With the outbreak of Ransomware, CrashPlan really helps save our files from being encrypted.

Inconvénients

CrashPlan is written in Java, which means, it's pretty much the only reason I have Java installed. Supposedly, a non-Java client is coming, but who knows when or if that will happen. It is also _really_ difficult to manage on a headless server. You basically have to create a SSH tunnel, then from a separate computer 'fake' out that installation of CrashPlan into thinking it needs to connect through the SSH tunnel. Done properly, your desktop CrashPlan will connect to the CrashPlan backend on the headless server. It would be really nice to be able to manage a headless server without any SSH tunneling, or port forwarding, or any of that.

Traduire en français

Continuous peace of mind and protection

Publié le 11/07/2016
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

It just runs... You go to lunch, you go into a meeting. Its running. You go on holiday its running.

Code 42 platform can be used to backup end point devices throughout the world to your own private server. Code 42's cloud servers or a combination of both. You can specify global settings or individual ones. Customising to the exact level required for you or your business.

It can be deployed for a few dozen machines or thousands. It gives us viability on our servers data and endpoint client activities providing more insight than just a regular backup client.

Avantages

The client is customisable. It can be deployed silently and is configurable from the machine or can be locked and the configuration done via the server.

New abilities allow the user to restore data form their backups if starting again on a new machine. This can aid migrations and ease pressure on facilities.

Strong encryption, compression and an easy to use interface make using the client a pleasure.

Documentation is very detailed and easy to read and follow along.

Code42's support are extremely helpful and pleasant!

Inconvénients

Recent redesigns of the client and server interface have left things confusing. The attempts to make the whole system minimal results in it being more difficult and annoying to use. Some features are difficult to find or too many layers deep now. The interface is also less responsive than the previous versions and often doesn't update for a long period of time.

The web interface for the main server does not work properly in Safari which is a big annoyance for us and our users.

Code42 seem to be continually changing the name of the product. Crashplan Pro. Crashplan ProE, now Code42 platform. It can be confusing and again frustrating.

Code 42's support team are excellent! I cannot praise them enough. However I do not have the same experience with the Sales team, Code42 are after certain customers and in that refuse and do not want to help other customers which has propogated bad will throughout the community that has supported them from a startup.

Ray A.
Traduire en français

I relied on Crashplan for document backup while completing my PhD abroad.

Publié le 15/12/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Outstanding performance over the 3 year period that I used it. Once my data was uploaded (it took nearly a year), I was assured that my PhD research was safe.

I stopped using it because the internet in China was simply too restricted and curtailed to make it useful.

Avantages

It runs continuously in the background to ensure that the files selected are backed up.
The Crashplan client automatically backs up to ensure that customers are using the very latest client and are not in danger of security leaks.

The Crashplan client is cross-platform and will run on Linux and Mac

Inconvénients

Code42 appears to have removed their plan for standard household users and now only has plans for small and large businesses. Unfortunate for the average household computer user.

When I used Crashplan for backup in Beijing, China, the upload speeds were horrendously slow. I assume this was not the fault of Crashplan, but the result of serious Internet throttling by the internet provider or by state security apparatus in China where all connections to the outside world are severely curtailed. Backing up 200gb of data took nearly half a year. But my experience was likely unusual.

Based on other user reports of Crashplan, the upload and download speeds are quite good.

Joel B.
Traduire en français

Excellent backup tool, but dropping Home product will lose customers

Publié le 08/05/2018

Avantages

This was the best and lowest cost backup tool on the market...when the Home product was available. In August of 2017 Code42 shifted away from Home and is focusing on enterprise and small business. The Home product was AMAZING. It backed up quickly, offered unlimited storage, and allowed you to backup multiple computers at the same time. Plus you could back up to other friend/family's computers to avoid having to pay for the service at all. This had everything a home user could want and at an amazing price. NOTHING came close. And I mean NOTHING!

Inconvénients

Unfortunately, Code42 has left the Home market and is focusing on enterprise and small business. For those two segments, this is a great product, but I feel like dropping the Home market is a disservice to their existing Home user base. They should have allowed existing customers to continue forward with their Home product and Home product pricing. I get that they want to change their focus, but moving away will really hurt. That's a bad thing, but it speaks to the excellence of their Home product.

Philip C.
Secteur d'activité: Musique
Traduire en français

Our lives are digital; Crashplan is your health insurance!

Publié le 29/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

On the whole, if you don't have a ton of data then there are lots of free backup options that might meet your needs. On the other hand, if you have many terabytes that need protecting then I thin CrashPlan is the best choice on the market.

Avantages

I use CrashPlan for Small Business. The greatest thing about CrashPlan is that it offers unlimited backup and this is not a gimmick. When they say unlimited, we're talking all of your precious terabytes. The 2nd greatest thing about CrashPlan is they have amazing customer service. I hardly ever find myself waiting and their help is always fast, precise and effective. If you are someone who has a lot of data then $10 per month is going to seem like a small price to pay to know that data is always safe.

Inconvénients

If you don't have a super fast connection then backing a terabytes is going to take some time but their support forum has a comprehensive guide to increasing speed and decreasing backup time. It's an additional $10 per computer so some people may take issue with this but again for unlimited back up it's still very reasonable in my opinion.

Robert B.
Traduire en français

The cheapest backup solution, but be patient to backup or restore

Publié le 19/10/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Crashplan is a wonderful software for individuals getting into Cloud storage or looking for an alternative to offsite backup. It provides a fundamental experience with setup for beginners, but lacks the higher end competitors. Additionally, in an emergency event, I would not expect CrashPlan to be first priority for a restore. I would use CrashPlan as a last means of backup/ restore.

Avantages

The cost for this backup is what most people value. The option to encrypt your backup prior to sending it to Crashplan's server is comparable with other high end backups. The option to backup to multiple other devices also makes CrashPlan one of the very few backups that allow you to multi-backup to different sites, machines, or other users using CrashPlan.

Inconvénients

The time to backup a 1TB drive could take well over a month (My experience). It never tells you when all files are completely backed up, but continuously keeps backing up. The software does not tell you if a backup has failed or cannot pend. Overall, great value for a small business with 5 or less employees, however, if your a larger company, I would look else ware.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Denham M.
Secteur d'activité: Biotechnologie
Traduire en français

Good backups, especially as a secondary cloud save.

Publié le 03/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's a great offsite backup option, probably wouldn't make it my only backup but it is peace of mind for disaster recovery.

Avantages

Decent cross platform support, not limited on backup size. It has a number of options to backup your data.
Can't beat the price for the storage. Keeps deleted files indefinitly.

Inconvénients

Runs on java, easier network and removable storage backups. More control on the backups with deletions, selections and exceptions. Verification on file backup could be better. Needs block level deduplication.

Liz W.

Crashplan, The Most Affordable Backup Solution

Publié le 06/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Crashplan has been a wonderful solution to my need for affordable cloud backups. My photography business would not continue to operate if I couldn't safely save all my work. I've had past wedding clients return five years later asking for a copy of their lost wedding photos; Crashplan will continue to enable me to ensure that I will always have an off-site copy of my work at a really affordable price.

Avantages

As a professional freelance photographer, I have to backup huge amounts of data to keep my business safe. After much research, and one bad experience with a different cloud solution company, I found Crashplan (Code42) to be the most affordable system that still allows unlimited backups. They are priced extremely competitively without compromising quality.

Inconvénients

Crashplan used to have a mobile app that allowed users to access all their backed-up files from their phones. They recently discontinued this app. I can hardly believe the company would take such a step backwards. I used the app on a regular basis to refer to documents or images that I needed to access while I was away from my computer. This convenience was one of my biggest draws to Crashplan initially; I wish they would bring back the app.

Full-Featured Backup Solution With Good AD Integration

Publié le 29/10/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have been very satisfied with the backup capabilities of our CrashPlan implementation. We use CrashPlan for backing up the critical files of our employees. The CrashPlan administrative portal is fairly easy to use, and it has many great features. The biggest issue I've had in using their software is getting users to automatically disable when their account has been disabled in Active Directory; I've had the script working in the past, but every time we update, it seems to break the script and takes quite a bit of time to get it running again.

Avantages

I like that you can get very granular about what you want to back up. You can select entire folders to backup, but you can also specify that certain file types should be ignored. You can even specify that certain files be ignored or included.

Inconvénients

Using their built-in scripting for auto-disabling accounts when the related account is disabled in Active Directory has proven to be a pain. I've had it working before, but every time I upgrade the software, it seems to break that capability without actually changing the script.

Peter W.
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

Backups made easy

Publié le 29/11/2018

Avantages

The free plan offers really great features, being able to backup to a separate computer has been in-valuable. With the paid-for option offering an even better service, letting you backup directly to CrashPlans cloud servers.
Restoring to previous versions is also super simple, with a simple-to-use user interface it really isn't hard to figure out. Also, restoring is a very quick process, much faster than other backup programs I've used in the past.
The initial installation and continued maintenance of CrashPlan is also very straight-forward, taking virtually no time at all to do either.

Inconvénients

The biggest negative of CrashPlan is the sheer amount of resources it takes up on your PC / MAC to get these back ups done. On a pretty powerful machine you can sometimes notice a very slight lag.
Integration with other firewalls can be a pain, especially if using a more obscure and not-well-known brand. Also, the web interface doesn't work on some web browsers, which isn't a big problem for me, as I solely use Google Chrome. But it may be a sticking point for other users.

Johan D.
Secteur d'activité: Services aux consommateurs
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

CrashPlan for the Enterprise

Publié le 26/12/2015
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

Code42 has done a fantastic job creating a solid enterprise product that is easy to use, transparent to the end-users, and backed by a company that takes an active interest in the input of their customers.

Even with the trend of moving data to the cloud, end-point backup remains a critical necessity in the modern end-user computing environment. Systems fail, users delete data, users switch computers and things still go wrong and make backups a necessity. CrashPlan is equally useful for file recovery or simply moving a user to a new computer.

Client backup products are not always without impact to end-point performance. CrashPlan's interface is simple and easy to use. Virtually no training is required for both end-users and administrators. Granted that backup is not an overly complicated process, but CrashPlan has refined the process better than the competition. Whether using the on-prem or off-prem option, CrashPlan provides security and stability for your company's critical data.

My only real criticism with Code42, is that in the last year they have not focused sufficiently on the development of CrashPlan. I feel like they made a poor choice to focus too much on SharePlan, which was not something that was critical to their core business. CrashPlan is also a bit behind the curve on features related to legal hold and e-discovery, but they are trending in the right direction.

The best part of CrashPlan is that is just works. Its a solid, well-written product with great support that give users a sense of security about the data that keeps the business working.

Easy to administer
Minimal impact to end-user performance

Code42 should focus more on the core business and less on additional offerings
Legal-hold e-discovery capabilities are still immature, need more focused development

Graham P.
Traduire en français

A simple endpoint backup solution

Publié le 03/10/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been using CrashPlan for over two years for about 30 of my customers. Aside from a few issues with memory usage for larger backup sets (issues that were quickly resolved with by a chat with support), I have had almost no problems. Backups run, complete, and restores always work.

The software's focus is on backing up endpoints, not servers. But it works fine with simple file servers and is a very inexpensive way to protect data. It's really a last resort backup for most of my clients - not something they depend on from day to day, but it's a great solution in case they end up with a hole in the ground for an office.

The setup process only takes a few minutes. Restores are relatively intuitive - just pick a date and then pick a file. Small restores can be done through a web interface. I have never had to do any large scale restores, but I can imagine that they would be difficult since there is no way to have a hard drive shipped to you - the restores have to be done over the internet through their software.

Inexpensive, remarkably reliable.

Inconvénients

Tends to be a bit of a memory hog.

Chris J.
Traduire en français

Big fan of the set it and forget it method of backup with CrashPlan

Publié le 10/05/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The versioning of your files is awesome, and the upload of changed/new files is really quick and can be set to backup at certain times with specified processor usage.

Avantages

I love how my business version of CrashPlan continuously monitors my computers for any changes then uploads those changes to the cloud. Even though I run image backups of all our computers on the network, I will backup all important files to these computers which are then encrypted, uploaded, & versioned so that I can always go back in time for previous saves of my files. The support staff is great as well. Price is great for our plan which I believe includes 3 computers (originally just 1).

Inconvénients

The interface is a little unintuitive especially when it comes to restoring previous versions of your files, but once you do it a few times it's no big deal.

Christopher D.

Great Software for Business, Slow Support, Frustraing Configurations for NAS

Publié le 01/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I used this service for several years with multiple PC's before the swapped to the per-device cost. It was an easy set-it-and-forget-it setup and making sure that all files were backed up. Upload speeds could be hit and miss depending on the server or time of day.

Avantages

Once configured, the software is easy to maintain, do backups, and encrypt data.
GUI interface is simple to use and makes restores much less painful
Support can be helpful via e-mail, phone not so much.

Inconvénients

Cost of the software seems to creep up every year, and recently have switched to a per-device cost which makes indivudal backups more expensive.
Headless support is almost non-existant and a pain to set up
QNAP NAS requires a community written docker container to be able to manage as a cloud backup
Phone support is painfully slow to answer questions and immediately requests RDP.

Traduire en français

Great once user's commit to configuring their backup

Publié le 03/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's a great, set-it and forget-it tool, but Code42 still needs to work on improving end-user experience and encourage end-users to keep their backup list up-to-date so Admins don't feel obligated to nag their co-workers about it when things go wrong

- Fairly easy to deploy
- Secure
- Noisy when it needs to be
- Enables the admin to be hands-off but they can check in on a backup anytime using the admin portal

Inconvénients

- The end-user experience to set up the tool is pour. As an admin who helped implement this tool I had to walk though the initial setup process with a large number of end-users because they were overwhelmed by the setup process
- After 1.5 years of this tool being implemented, most end-users still don't keep their list of items CrashPlan backs up up-to-date. Their backup list is only updated when they start experiencing hardware issues
- Using Migration Assistant to restore data to a new Mac will corrupt the CrashPlan app and it must be reinstalled which causes confusion for the end-users