Avis sur Buildium

Buildium

Cloud-based property management software

4.4/5 (560 avis)

We have been using Buildium for just over two years now and I could not love it more!

Publié le 02.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I had been using a DOS based management program for nearly 20 years and had to go online due to the changes in technology. It was a very stressful time trying to find a program that could do what we needed and was affordable and that I could manage on my own. Buildium has been the answer. We LOVE the online payment option for our tenants and landlord. We LOVE all the reports and the way the accounting process is set up. Most of all, we LOVE the excellent customer support we recieve from the Buildium team. The whole experience has been outstanding.

Avantages

The customer service is OUTSTANDING! There is no way to be able to solve all the problems of transitioning to a new program on your own; I tried that with another program, using the excellent documentation they had provided but was never able to overcome some of the posting problems I encountered. I ended up frustrated and stressed out from being unable to understand how the program wanted me to do things. However, when I ran into any problem with the Buildium program, all I have to do is submit a support ticket. I normally recieve an answer back within 24 hours. If it is a serious problem, I call customer service and I am ALWAYS able to reach a LIVE, FRIENDLY, American speaking Specialist that is able to see what my program is doing and walk me through the problem to the point that I can manage it and they always explain what is going on so I can understand it!! It is the absolute best program I have ever used, in any field, in my entire 40 year career in Property Management! And they are constantly updating the program and making it better! I don't think I have ever been happier with a buying decision in my life. I highly recommend this program and company to anyone who is going to be managing real estate.

Inconvénients

The ONLY thing I can think of that I don't like about this program is that one of the report sorts I use is done by the owner first name, instead of last name and the security depsoit breakdown report is done by Owner name, instead of the Tenant Name. Other than that, I can not think of a single thing to complain about. It is a great company!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Buildium - Great for some things, not for others.

Publié le 08.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Over the last several months I have had the opportunity to use Buildium to fulfill our various maintenance needs.To give context to this review, I am responsible for the maintenance of 95+ apartments and grounds that are spread over seven buildings. We house college students and experience 20%-40% turnover every 3 months.

After several attempts to make the Buildium system usable as a maintenance software solution, I have given up. The ability for tenants to submit maintenance requests work well and the automated email sent to me is clean and provides the necessary information. However, no calendar view or ability to sync to external calendars has limited the system to function more as a complicated reminders list than maintenance management software.

As a property management tool, the online options and online platform is very versatile. With the ability for managing contracts, syncing with an external website, managing leases and organizing dates, Buildium is a great tool, but suffers in usability and interface.

In consideration of Buildium, Remember that they doesn't necessarily advertise themselves as a solution to your maintenance needs either. The are primarily property management. However in the world we live in today, users expect a single online based software solution for all their management needs. Buildium struggles to be the best in all categories but remains very affordable and usable for some functions. Even calendar platforms like ICal and Google calendar offer more usability for maintenance management than Buildiums primitive resources.

Avantages

Online platform is very versatile.
Customizable to to each user.
Syncs well between devices and is sup[ported by IOS and Android apps.
Ideal interface when used to manage contracts, leases, and tenant information.
Email reminders are clean and efficient providing needed information.
Top notch costumer service.

Inconvénients

Buildiums maintenance support is very limited.
No calendar view, and no ability to sync to outside calendars with maintenance requests.
Task manager is not user friendly (no option for bulk edit).
Doesn't allow for a "smart" calendar, meaning no option to suspend or lengthen recurring tasks without completely recreating task.
No option for a monthly to do list.

5.0/10

Read this before making the mistake we did !

Publié le 03.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This is the 2nd review we have posted on lack of customer services and the unwillingness of this company to assist their clients. Instead of writing a descriptive review we have decided that we will just copy and past section from the last email communication with the companies supposed "Stevie Award Winning" Customer "dis-service rep" Jeana Pndelli. You as the consumer should decide if you would want to be treats as "low priority" based on the below email.
Client: 9/27
"Hi Jeana,
I have brought this issue up with everyone from call in support up to you now. When you go into reports to search for a budget the drop down menu does not let you narrow down by typing in a letter. Therefore, we have to go through the entire list of all the properties to find the budget we need. Most all other drop downs in Buildium let you narrow down. Why not this one? "
Buildium Response: 9/27
"The "budget vs actuals" report still has legacy coding on the back-end which does not allow you to search within the property field. It has been a while since we updated this feature/report which is why the older coding still exists. I can bring this to our level two support team's attention as I agree each report parameters page should be consistent."
Client: 9/27
"Thanks but just so you know this was already sent to your level two about a year ago when I brought it up. Not sure why it takes so long to fix issues. "
Client: 10/11
What the status on fixing this issue. Last you said you sent it to level two. When will it be fixed? This is an extremely time wasting glitch to have during budget season!
Buildium Response: 10/11
I just checked on the status of this with our level two team. They let me know it was sent up to our engineers and developers.
We don't currently have an estimated time frame for when this change will be made
Client: 10/11
So we don¿t know if it will be a few weeks or a few years?
Buildium: 10/12
I can't give a time frame for when this will be changed since it's been sent up as a lower priority item. I'll send you an update by 10/28
Client: 10/31
10/28 has passed.
Buildium: 11/1
I spoke with the product manager in charge of this feature last week and he let me know it's still in low priority status but he hopes to have the redesign done as soon as possible some time this year. However, we can't give a definitive time frame just yet since lower priority items often get bumped lower for higher priority bugs.

Nothing really.

Inconvénients

Lack of customer service. Armature accounting and reports. Unwillingness to listen to their clients. Horrendous file management system. Not for HOA management .

0.0/10

Like Buildium so much!

Publié le 07.06.2014

Avantages

We're a somewhat small Property Management company in California with about 140 units, and I like a lot of things about Buildium. The customer service reps are helpful and polite, which is so noticeable today. They know what they are talking about, and I understand their explanations; they speak clearly and in good English, especially with accounting questions, as accounting is so confusing to me. I like the ease of using the program; I quickly adjusted to it. I seldom need to call customer service, as I can figure things out myself 90% of the time. As time goes on (we've been using Buildium only since December 2013), I keep finding new reasons to like the program. I haven't even used all of the capabilities that it offers. The lease ledger setup, entering payments, check writing, using reports, figuring out where we are in our bank account, and more are easy. I love how if I make a mistake, correcting it is easy, which wasn't the case with our old system. What I really like about the program is that Buildium tweaks its program frequently based on input from customers. They seem to listen to customer needs and make changes. I've really noticed this, and it is very positive! When we were looking at new software cost was important, and Buildium offered one of the best values. But because the cost was so competitive, I worried that we might regret going with Buildium. Some of the other companies really pushed their software hard and put down Buildium and some other companies, but we're happy now that we've been using Buildium for seven months, and we have no plans to go with any competitor's software in the future.

Inconvénients

The system slows down sometimes around 4 or 5PM Pacific time, but I'm not sure that it's Buildium's fault. We're in California, and customer service phone help ends at 2:00 PM Pacific Time, and it seems that when I occasionally want to call, it's after 2:00 PM, which is a little frustrating. The reports are great, but there is just one report which I used to run on my old program that isn't available on Buildium in the same format. Otherwise, I've found all the reports so far that I need. I really can't think of anything else of significance that Buildium doesn't offer.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Pretty good software for our small property company

Publié le 25.03.2014

Avantages

The software is easy to use across multiple platforms; I can use it from my smartphone, tablet, or from a PC with an internet connection. It has lots of useful features.

As a six-property small company, we only use a few of the features so far. We started using it for the accounting. But there is more; I especially like the applicant tracking feature which we used for the first time in the past month. It happened to be integrated with a product we actually already used for credit/background checks. I was able to send a prospective tenant a link to the website Buildium produces for you where the tenant could complete the application online. I then sent links for the SmartMove credit/background check to the prospect. It all fed back into Buildium and even notified the prospects of our decision by email.

There is also a way to post new listings online with Zillow, Trulia, etc. from within Buildium. As we were already set up for another method, I have not used it yet but will likely try on the next property we have available. It allows you to add property pictures, property descriptions and leasing information that would save time on properties with higher turnover. There is a built-in website-making function that has a lot of potential to set your tenants up with accounting and other information online.

There is a method for setting up payments online too, but it's tied into just one vendor. As I don't want to give up any percentage of the rent we receive to a credit card company, I'm not using that one myself. I'm not sure if you could use other vendors for online payments. I do plan on setting up my tenants online so they can see the payments we have posted for them and their lease information. They will also be able to request maintenance items online, too, which would be helpful in our tracking of such items.

Inconvénients

There is a learning curve to figuring out how to effectively use the software. Also, there are some things it won't do without a workaround from an accounting standpoint. We have mortgages on some property which takes a workaround to account for properly. Also, the payment method assumes you cut a check or use their EFT system. In reality, we usually use a credit card and pay off that bill. But we have to account for it by pretending that we cut a check. Not a dealbreaker, but it takes some work sometimes to figure out the workaround for a given situation. The Help function is useful, and I am sure contacting the company would work too (although we have not needed to contact them for questions so far).

Publié le 30.01.2013
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

We've been using Buildium for about 2 years, long enough to get a good feel for its strengths and weaknesses. My overall impression is that this is a good product for small to medium size residential property management firms (10-100 units). If you have fewer than 10, this product is overkill. If more than 100, you'll probably find it too simplistic. The product is geared to residential properties and residential associations. Managing commercial portfolios with it can be difficult.

The Good:
Accounting functionality is pretty strong. GL, AR, AP, budgets and property ledgers are handled seamlessly. Very easy to use even for beginners. I like the global search functionality. You can pretty much find anything using it without navigating through the menus. Pricing is relatively inexpensive.

It's cloud-based, so you don't have to maintain any software on your own computers. You can access it anywhere with a web browser. Some people see this as a negative, but we've not had any issues with Buildium being down unexpectedly. The scheduled maintenance times are generally late at night.

Support is good if you're having problems with the standard functionality. In general I would say the support staff understands their product well. And you can get them on the phone to explain things. That's becoming less common with companies today.

Document management is hit & miss. I love that I can post a PDF receipt for every expense right there in the ledger. However, documents at the property- or owner level are less helpful. It's just one big bucket per property or owner. Having a folder structure would be a big help. (Not there today.)

Buildium offers tenant bill-pay through an online portal for rent payments, and also outbound electronic payments to property owners. It's done through a 3rd party vendor and at additional cost. This is a double-edged sword. Very convenient; it makes the bookkeeping entries for you automatically. But if you're doing outbound payments, make sure to treat it just like an online banking account (long passwords, be careful of who in your office has access to it, etc.) Allowing for extra security questions or letting users limit the IP addresses that have this outbound payment functionality would be helpful.

The Bad:
As noted, you'll get frustrated if you're trying to use this for commercial properties. The designers make assumptions that you're doing residential.

CRM functionality is practically non-existent. This is an accounting package. They do have some decent (and customizable) postal-mail templates and can do mail-merge so you can send notices to tenants and owners. But this does not extend to email. You'll need another product to do CRM and do double data entry between systems.

There is no integration layer or API, so no chance of integrating this with your CRM system or generating custom reports.

The reports, while nice-looking, are as-is and not customizable in any way. You're stuck with what they give you. They make some odd design decisions sometimes. For example, you can't generate an association owner invoice for an owner who lives someplace other than the managed property. The invoice is always addressed to the managed property, even if you entered a different mailing address for the owner, as if an association owner would never rent out the property. These types of oddities abound, and the product support folks will never acknowledge it as a problem. They'll tell you to fill out an enhancement request, which may be considered for implementation someday, or may not. You'll never know. Providing a way to customize reports or providing an API would help in this area.

In Summary:
Buildium is good at what it does, but what it does is pretty limited. You will likely be happy if you're in their demographic sweet spot (10-100 residential units). It's cheap enough to sign up and try it out to see if it's right for you. If you manage commercial properties, have a very large or complex portfolio, or need integrated CRM capabilities, it's probably not for you.

Publié le 26.07.2011
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I switched to Buildium from QuickBooks in July 2011 and will switch off on January 1, 2012. We manage about 100 single family properties that are owned by about 30 investors.

Yes Buildium is easy. Yes it is simple but if you are in the business of managing properties for multiple owners it just doesn't do the job. First, there is no way to invoice an owner for repairs. Buildium says you should have enough in your reserve account to cover the bill. OK, that makes sense, but what if you don't? There is no way within the system to tell an owner about upcoming expenses. You have to use another accounting system (QuickBooks for me) to invoice and track receipts. Then you have to add the invoice and payment to Buildium so the owner's reports on the portal (a nice but rarely used feature) are complete.

The ability to sort reports is nearly non-existent. Buildium says to down load the report to Excel and then sort. Trouble is, the Excel file has so many merged fields that you cannot sort a single column. It is taking me 15 minutes to find and remove all the merged header information before a simple sort can be done. If you select the entire sheet then un-merge the report becomes a mess.

The ability to "find" is absolutely non-existent. If you get a check for $1,453.62 and need to know where to apply it, good luck my friend. You have to call the issuer and get the name of the property and unit.

Receipts, statements and reports, which are generated as pdf, are all formatted differently. This means you have to have 3 different types of window envelopes on hand at all times. Buildium is "joined at the hip" with NELCO printing and I have not been able to find checks other than NELCO's that print correctly. Why is this a big deal? NELCO charges $0.35 a check while Costco charges $0.035 per per check. If Buildium is not getting commissions on the business they send to NELCO, they certainly should.

The online help search feature is worthless. There is no content searching so whatever word you type in the search box shows every page that includes any of the searched words. Skip the search and go directly to their index. With a little effort you can find an answer.

The support team is quite pleasant and responds quickly. They rarely, however, have a direct answer and absolutely refuse to ever confirm a feature, like sending a bill to an owner, is just not there. What they do is endlessly reply, "We don't understand your question, please clarify."

I have no one to blame for selecting Buildium except myself. When I asked to be shown features in the online demo I was told to talk to sales. When I asked sales the same question they said to sign up for a demo.

In summary Buildium is cheap and easy but of little substance.

Support client

Buildium has made our job harder not easier. So many problems hard to explain all of them.

Publié le 23.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

none. our job is harder with the software than without it. Not worth the money. Your platform is so inflexible that minor adjustments are a major hurdle. Recently I used your 1099 feature and find out that you dont efile with the states and even worse you dont provide or send us copies of the 1099's to file with the state. Your system is not designed to make the PM job easier but rather line your pockets. I cant tell you how many pages on your site say OOOOPS! You must know by now that your platform is poorly designed.

Avantages

Epay is the only feature that is worth mentioning. However, with that said once a payment is made if it is made prior to the posting of the charge you had better know the Buildium accounting method and know how to withhold deposits make new charges and completely review every account in your ledger to make sure the charges get posted. The system should automatically know how and when to post these payments . Bad Accounting Design!

Inconvénients

Everything else! the software has failed our company in the accounting module, the maintenance module, and lately the 1099 feature is worthless. They dont even send you a usable copy of what was filed. Constantly have to look at search results that say OOOPS! That is unacceptable . Cant do payroll, cant use a credit card without double entry, Cant ever get ahold of customer service. Rarely return calls the same day. Although to their credit the representatives are patient and understanding to the weaknesses of the system often sharing the same frustration and anxt.

0.0/10

My experience with the Buildeum customer support has been outstanding!

Publié le 29.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The main benefit, of course, is the organization that helps regulate the flow of property management. It's like going to ONE store and finding everything you need (groceries, home depot, pharmacy, dry cleaning, banking and much more).

Avantages

Buildeum was 100% on board with helping me get back on my feet. I would say I spent approx. 40 hours in the last 2.5 weeks on Buildeum and your team was with me each step of the way. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Inconvénients

Sometimes I feel that Buildeum is too difficult to navigate for someone new that is just starting up. It's almost "too sophisticated" and an ordinary user like myself gets lost easily.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Easy to use and intuitive.

Publié le 07.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Buildium is a good choice for someone who manages at least 50 units or more. it is easy to learn and has more features than you will probably ever use but probably has ever feature that you want. The onboarding process and customer service have been great! They are continually upgrading and improving the software and will hopefully address a couple of the issues that I have.

Avantages

Buildium was an easy to learn and a great improvement over my outdated property management software. There are many great automated features such as automatic recording of online deposits, epay to vendors and owner/tenant portals that have saved me time and have improved communication with my tenants and owners. I like a feature that allows me to set convenience fee amounts for online tenant payments and allows me to keep the fees generated! This feature was the main reason I went with Buildium.

Inconvénients

I am new to online software so this may be common but I do not like how pending tenant payments post to my Buildium bank account before they show up in my actual bank account. A day or two later the payment is confirmed as funded. I don't think they should post until the payment is funded, not when it is initiated by the tenant. My previous software would calculate management fees on a payment only one time and would not allow you to double charge management fees. The Buildium management fee is just a calculator based on a date range. If you enter the wrong date you could easily charge another management fee on a previous rental payment. This has, by far, been the hardest transition for me. Their solution was to recommend only charging for management fees once per month which doesn't seem practical in property management. Most companies need the management fees to operate during the month. The best price point is for someone who manages 200 or more properties. I would like to see competitive pricing for smaller numbers of properties.

Home Run for self-managed HOA

Publié le 13.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

The "Buildium Academy" is a nice self-help feature. I consider myself fairly computer savvy, but this software is already extremely intuitive and has a load of tools to be able to teach yourself.
I'm eager to expand what we're using because we haven't implemented any of the free website functions yet. As of now, we're simply replacing about half a dozen excel sheets which made a mess of our finances, but even if that's as far as we went with it I'd say it's money very well spent. The ad hoc reporting and tracking of our finances are really what we needed, and Buildium delivers with great results. But increasing the capacity to talk with the other residents in the community, submit maintenance requests, notify residents of payments due, etc. are all going to be really nice perks.

Avantages

The ability to automate monthly charges for each unit according to the percentage of equity saves me a lot of time every month.
The reports are all extremely easy to generate, and very customizable.
This is a really low-cost solution that has been invaluable when our accountant passed away. It has brought us forward 20 years in terms of the technology we can utilize to manage ourselves, and all in the span of a few weeks and at no cost beyond our time.

Inconvénients

Entering payments in bulk is time-consuming. There is some capability there to do it, but it requires all of the units to be paid in full (and not carry any credit balance). I manage 39 units, and for me it seems like it's just faster to enter each payment individually.
Accounting start date is set in stone. I began the application assuming I would use our old set of books for the first few months of the year, and Buildium for the remainder of the year. I quickly changed my mind, but not soon enough. It added a bit of work on my end to square that up. I still was able to begin our history from the first of the year, but had I chosen that from the get-go it would have saved a bit of time, and once the selection is made it's made for good.

We Like Buildium

Publié le 03.10.2014

Avantages

Buildium is easy to use, and we like the customer service. We like how you keep making the system better by listening to the customers. When you let us know at the top of the pages that a change is coming, this helps us.

Inconvénients

I'm always in a hurry and anything that would make moving around in the system faster is important to me. For instance, when going through leases, having to hit the arrow to get to the second page of leases means an extra click and extra time. On the banking page, it jumps back up to the top when I'm going through the most current checks and deposits. I remember that our previous system used to have a capability that when you tapped the arrow down on the side, it would take you right back to where you were working last, which I liked; it was a time saver. Also, it would be nice to be able to customize reports for tenants if I just want to print a list of the worst offenders where their balances are over a certain amount.

I seem to have some trouble while navigating through Help, and sometimes the explanations aren't clear to me, especially with accounting info. I like super simple, and I think the explanations should be written for people who are just getting on board with the system or are new to property management. Once, I couldn't understand an explanation, and I had a gal e-mail a more simplified set of instructions, and I finally knew what to do.

Their wait times on the phone have also gotten a little longer. I don't call customer service very often (maybe 2 times a month), but when I do, I really want an answer. Normally, I try the Help area in the system first. I waited the last time about 15 minutes, and that was the longest ever. And when I've called in the past after 2PM Pacific time, it's been really hard to get someone on the line.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Very intuitive software with broad feature set. Elaborate instructions to search for any questions.

Publié le 10.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Good software for a small to medium sized company. Easy to train on and use quickly.

Avantages

Good bang for the buck for Property Management software. The basics are all there along with good tracking features in comparison to other Property Management software. There functions are easily searchable on either the platform itself or Google, and the help desk is immensely helpful in implementing necessary tweaks and features to tailor to your specific business.

The daily main functions have all been fairly polished within the last year, and run very smoothly. The software itself is easy to figure out and with some playing around, any person can become a power user within a few days of use.

Inconvénients

There are some limitations in comparison to other Property Management software, usually not found until delving fairly deep into the platform. Smaller automated communication could be implemented or done better to bridge the gap between users of the platform.

There are also some limitations such as format restrictions when sending physical letters through their EZ mail system, writing templates, and pulling reports to show what you want or need in specific ways.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Staff has been excellent. Software is very good. I like that they listen and will add features!

Publié le 24.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Saves time and allows better communication with tenants

Avantages

Ease of use. Very intuitive design. It is customized for Property Management and for rental owners.

Inconvénients

Their are a few functionality items that I would like to see added. I do understand that it is not efficient to add a feature based on only a few people requesting it. The reset password link to tenants needs to be looked at. When you reset a tenant password, the link expires after 10-15 minutes. That pretty much means you have to be on the phone with them to make sure they are in front of a computer when you reset. However, most of our requests for a reset come via e-mail and when we respond and do the rest, we can not guarantee the end user is going to take action right away. I understand security, but a 24 hour expiration on a password reset would be more reasonable. Security-wise,...if someone hacks into a tenant user account the only thing they can really do is post a work order or pay the persons rent for them. Hacker has no reason to get into someones Tenant account so no need for such short time frame on password reset procedures.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Nothing but positive experience(s) with Buildium!

Publié le 24.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Buildium is a cloud based product that is mobile friendly that can be used from anywhere at anytime. It is extremely cost effective, easy to setup, implement and use. I was personally able to take a Property Management Company from a completely manual system to a completely computerized system and successfully pass two Department of Real Estate audits in the process.

Avantages

Tech support is ALWAYS available at no additional cost! Live support during business hours and ability to submit support request(s) outside of regular hours. They go above and beyond to help you get your question/problem resolved. They also have an abundance of Resource Materials available that cover ALL aspects of Property Management.. Buildium truly lives out it mission statement to come alongside Property Mangers to help they succeed!

Inconvénients

By Buildium's own admission they know they still have things to work on. But they have a long term plan and are continually working on improving the product and making it more robust. They have, and will continue to, listen to their customers as they make and implement these changes and improvements.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Love the product, but cannot recommend due to Check Printing issues

Publié le 24.11.2014

Avantages

This product should by all accounts get a 10/10 from me. I love the automation, the interface, the fact that it is cloud-based, everything! I look very professional to my tenants and my suppliers despite the fact that I am still a small (<50 units) landlord. The only reason I cannot in good conscience be a promoter of the product is outlined in the next question.

Inconvénients

I simply cannot fully recommend this product as it has a serious, known flaw in their check writing functionality. In the past two years of operation, I have received repeated complaints from suppliers that it takes weeks to receive a check that I generate through Buildium. In one instance, multiple checks cut on the same day actually never were cut by Buildium's check printing provider at all! One of these bills was a tax bill in which I was required to pay a hefty penalty for my eventual late payment (In full disclosure, Buildium accepted responsibility for the miss and credited me the penalty amount). I have had several instances where I was hit with finance fees from my credit card provider due to late payment, despite giving Buildium upwards of 15-20 calendar days to deliver a check. In all instances, I eventually had the fee waived by my credit card, or had Buildium pay on my behalf. My prime frustration is that Buildium knows about this issue. Their CEO even called me to discuss it, yet it is clear that they have taken no steps to remedy the situation or change providers. Having an issue is one thing. Deciding to ignore the issue is another. I'm quite disappointed in Buildium's lack of action on this.

Great Product Good Features Lacking on Playing Well With Others

Publié le 11.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

When I started using Buildium I had just started my property management business and Buildium you gave me the opportunity to start with few units and expand as my business grew. As the technology expanded resulting in adding more features though it appears that it had become a nickel and dime approach. In the age of data sharing and technology, things like openly integrating with other products aren't capable with this product aka it "doesn't play well with others". What I mean to say is there is only one electronic signing choice there's only one ACH choice among other features. The product the staff and the customer service that comes with Buildium at times can be lacking including their technical support area, many times I find that the answer isn't directly answered or they deliver the answer as it is today and when given a suggestion they don't seem too terribly care about changing much.

Avantages

Web-based (no software to install), Truly and All in One Package, Easy to use and navigate

Inconvénients

My Biggest gripe is their lack of allowing any third party integrations.

Rudimentary, missing essential components

Publié le 23.05.2015

Avantages

The customer service people are very nice and respond quickly. There's a remote check printing option that's handy.

Inconvénients

There is no cash flow statement; it is missing essential, required reports that any property manager would need. Improvements take YEARS and often they're not quite ready for prime time. The entire accounting module is poorly designed and difficult to use, and hasn't served us well. Many components are simply sub-standard: rental applications, mail merge, tasks. You can't generate a rental agreement. There is no facilities management capability.

If you're a 21st century management company, Buildium will disappoint you; it simply isn't there.

2.0/10

Buildium for managing a Condominium Association

Publié le 01.11.2014
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I¿ve been using Buildium for 16 months. I¿m a property manager for a condominium association comprised of 137 units. Over all, I¿m extremely satisfied with the functionality and customer service of this resource.

I spend most of my time in the accounting module, recording payments from residents and issuing checks to our vendors. About half of our residents pay their monthly fees via direct deposit into our bank account. I¿ve found two methods within Buildium that help to automate this process. Recurring transactions can be applied to the owner¿s account that are scheduled to occur on a specified date. A very convenient feature. However, I prefer to use an Excel spreadsheet to upload the transactions into Buildium, mostly because it allows me to verify that the bank has posted the transaction before I apply the payment to the owner¿s account. Either way, transactions can be processed in bulk saving lots of time.

The owner¿s account ledger has many robust features for entering charges, payments, issuing credits, refunds and handling late fees. The ledger can be viewed by transaction date or by account. The current ledger can be downloaded as a PDF in a manner of seconds. The downloaded ledger can only be viewed by transaction date. I would like the option to download the document using Account view.

Entering vendor invoices is convenient, and subsequent payment by check or ACH is a breeze. Vendor financials are organized in ledger format providing quick access to this information.

The other module that has become essential to our business is the Work Order section. Once entered, the work order is emailed to our handyman and all the information he needs is at his fingertips. Once completed, I received an automated email in return, and proceed to generate a bill to make sure the vendor is paid quickly.

Many other functions are made easy and convenient with Buildium. Bank reconciliations, budgets, report generation (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, etc), and delinquent accounts.

For managing a condominium association, Buildium¿s features are robust and well-designed. I don¿t tap into the other functions designed for rental properties and therefore can¿t offer any useful evaluation. But from my perspective, I wouldn¿t be able to manage this property without Buildium.

Support client

I've used them all and came back to Buildium

Publié le 11.03.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

As a returning customer to Buildium, I cannot say enough good things about the flow, functionality and reporting the system offers. Since the make-over, the system is easy on the eyes, user friendly for 90% of its functions and really streamlines the day to day operations of property management. I am a customer for life.

Avantages

The list is long, however, the things that stand out is the reporting system, the flow of the ledger and the audit function to see what actions different users make in the system. Buildium's customer service response time is incredible. Usually same day responses via e-mail but always within 24 hours. Phone support is also top notch.

Inconvénients

If I had to pick a con, I'd have to say the time it takes to make product improvements. One function I would like is way to track guest cards or interested applicants for a waiting list of some sorts. In that same breath, I have to say I'd rather have it done right than have a launch with glitches.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Enjoy the Web-based solution of every aspect of property management.

Publié le 23.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great customer support, ease of tracking mechanisms, applicant reviews and screening, work order trailing, accounting, lease reviews, communications with tenants and owners.

Avantages

Relish the features such as tenant and lease tracking, accounting, automated rent and late fee reminders, on-demand reports and syndicating vacancies to other web pages.

Adore the mobile app and the frequent updates to the system such as work orders sent to Owners.

We began exclusively for the cost-effective tenant screening process and have moved into familiarizing ourselves with other and important modules, such as general ledger accounting.

Outstanding customer support, whether support tickets or telephone calls, is beyond what words can express.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Have been using Buildium for many years and very happy with the service and customer support

Publié le 22.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Everything we do in Property Management is tracked and recorded in Buildium which makes our company very efficient.

Avantages

We use all the features that Buildium has to offer which means we are able to keep everything in one place. Buildium is always looking to improve current features or incorporate new features and seeks out the ideas and opinions of their current clients. They are constantly making improvements based on want the clients want. Our Customer Support Rep Alexis is fantastic. She always ensures we schedule time to speak on a regular basis so she can go over new items or items in the pipeline and then gives me the opportunity to provide any ideas or suggestions I have.

Inconvénients

Accounting and customizing reporting still needs improvement. Would also like to see some improvements to maintenance coordination through Buildium.

Good in Theory, but Terrible in Application

Publié le 16.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Continous cosmetic portal adjustments are annoying. Time should be spent fixing the weird glitches in the system.

Avantages

The basics are easy to use and the lease tracking is helpful, also ACH&#s ' EFT's are easy to set up.

Inconvénients

The accounting is terrible. I manage multiple companies under one login, and it fails to communicate with the other companies (ie notes and loans b/w them or even simple paid out transactions. I have to create contra Notes and Loans accts. to create a full transaction for both companies Lessor and Maker.
The reconciliations block you from adjusting dates, accounts, and amounts and if you use the " bills" feature, you have to cancel the check, to adjust any aspect of the Bill. It is not user-friendly.
Also, I am still unable to find the automated email to re-send to tenants to create the online payment portal.

Support client

Good, but limited flexibility.

Publié le 14.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Helped to organize rent roll and maintenance management.

Avantages

We have been using Buildium for about 5 years now. It is really good at the things the company wants to be really good at. Very easy to use, reliable cloud based application, integrates well with other ad-ons.

Inconvénients

In a day and age when user flexibility and customization is the new norm, this company takes a "one-size-fits-all" approach to the software. Forcing people to adapt to using the software the way they want you to, as opposed to allowing you to customize the software to adapt to your preferences. They also arbitrarily make changes to the program's functionality with little or no warning. If you are fine with this sort of thing, then you will love the program. If you prefer things your way, I would suggest continuing your search.

Buildium - Thumbs up!

Publié le 04.06.2014

Avantages

There are many things. We are a brand new HOA, so I like that the software is designed with the kinds of things I need to run our HOA and manage our building. I didn't have to retrofit an accounting and managing software toward the things that are unique to what I am trying to do. I also like the many reports available to download, especially the budget vs actual report. I can see at the click of a button where our HOA is over-budget and where we are under. I travel a lot, so I also like that I can work on bookkeeping anywhere as long as I have an internet connection. Because I don't plan on being the Treasurer of our HOA too long, all I have to do is pass on the password and all the work transfers to the new Treasurer. I like that I can reconcile bank accounts. I like that I can post messages to all of our members on the discussion board and the history of it is there; I don't have to clutter my personal email box or hear "I didn't know." The responsibility is on our members to be kept in the loop. I like that each member of our HOA has an account that they have access to in order to see their balances and when things are due. I could go on and on.

Inconvénients

I would like to see some sort of calendar incorporated. Although I have been successful in importing one, it isn't perfect, but at least it works.