15 avis

Squirrel in a Box+

A POS system designed for small businesses

3,9 /5 (15 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
15 avis
Secteur d'activité: Édition
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
Traduire en français

Comprehensive and easy to use

Publié le 14/05/2019

Avantages

What I like the most about this software is the reporting function. It provides the management many options of reports that help to control the cash and inventory, including the tip distribution. The reports can be used directly for the audit work which was essential for our accounting department.

Inconvénients

What I like least about this software is there was no associated mobile app back then. But now the company has developed Squirrel Mobility.

Jennifer A.
Traduire en français

Squirrel is a great way to make your restaurant run faster and more efficiently.

Publié le 24/05/2018

Avantages

Squirrel is a very effective way not only to take orders from customers, but to expedite the service. When a server enters the order into the pos system, it goes directly where it needs to go.. Drink service goes to the bar, hot service goes to the kitchen, etc, etc. It's easy it impute menu changes and 86 anything that you've run out of for the day. IF your a restaurant that makes changes to your menu daily, this system is an amazing help. It also helps with back end stuff for payments and tips etc... You can also incorporate management functions and set up different users which really helps with theft and promotion abuse. Did I mention that it was compatible with your cell phone? The program also is very secure for the cardholders at your restaurant. NO worries about employees taking information and using it in an unlawful manner.

Inconvénients

I like squirrel. There's not too much I can say negatively about it. I would like to know if we open another location, if there is a way to transfer all the menu data into the other location without having to reconfigure the system? I know there has to be a way to do it because mass restaurant chains use this system.

Réponse de Squirrel Systems

Thank you for your comments Jennifer! Yes, Squirrel is great when you're looking to grow! Contact us in our general mailbox or to your salesperson directly when you're ready to expand and we'll help you set that up!

Secteur d'activité: Logiciels
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
Traduire en français

Good for very basic POS. Other than that, avoid.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 26/01/2018

Avantages

Quite a bit of information can be entered/customised with the software, although it's difficult to get it exactly the way you want it. It's also nice that it has multiple currency options.

Inconvénients

Like with anything, if you use it enough you get used to it and become quicker at it. This might be fine if the software could keep up, but unfortunately it's very slow and very inneficient. Freezes quite often. Not very intuitive for new staff, and the tickets are very hard to read. The UI is very archaic.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 3.0/10

Daniel C.
Secteur d'activité: Restaurants

Consider Squirrel

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 08/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great people, great product. I would definitely look at them again if we were shopping for a. New pos

Avantages

Simple to use. Easy to learn. Very sleek and able to be set up almost anywhere. It's flexible, efficient, a big tool for restaurants.

Inconvénients

I am not an iPad user. Not a negative for most people but it was just something new to me. I know that there are dozens of POS on the iPad platform, just wasn't for me.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Natalie S.
Secteur d'activité: Produits alimentaires

Squirrel POS Review

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 07/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are pleased. It is a one stop shop for our business. It is nice to be able to do everything we need and have reports at the click of a button all through on location. The customer service is excellent and highly recommend if you are in the food industry!

Avantages

I love how wonderful the customer service is. If there is ever an issue that are quick to remote in and find a solution. I like that I can see my reports throughout the day and see where our sales are at. I like that I can do payroll, daily and monthly reports all on the same system.

Inconvénients

It will freeze up sometimes and when it does it can sometimes be a pain to reboot. Once again the customer service is fantastic so they make it super easy!

Réponse de Squirrel Systems

Thank you Natalie, for the kind review! Reach out to us if we can do anything else for you to help enable amazing guest experiences!

Richard M.
Secteur d'activité: Restaurants

Restaurant owner

Publié le 05/10/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have used the Squirrel system for over fifteen years. It has been a great tool to manage my restaurant. I have gone through a number of upgrades. Squirrel has worked hard to keep their product up to date. Their support is excellent. I have always had a quick response and resolution.
I highly recommend Squirrel POS for your business.

Avantages

It is up to date. Highly reliable. With great support.

Cecilia L.
Traduire en français

A reasonable software for restaurant use

Publié le 30/04/2018

Avantages

I have used this program while I worked at a restaurant. It does its job. Inventory counts, tracking sales

Inconvénients

This software could be a bit more user friendly. I wish they could provide free training as it isn't as easy to navigate.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Himanshu B.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 001+ employés

Best database management tool

Publié le 11/08/2019

Avantages

This is one of very best database software I have ever used to maintain my tables and queries. It is just so easy to handle with easy simple scripts

Inconvénients

Maybe more integration with other desktop management tools

Rodney G.

Loyalty is worthless

Publié le 20/09/2015
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

First installed system in 1988. Went through many problems including company bankruptcy, no support, re branding, and upgrading. Service from Boston branch became non-existent but still paying 400 per month for support. Company's attitude became arrogant. When not paying for a pre-paid contract, refused to even answer the phone for support. When I finally gave up after being with them for over 25 years and paying over 100,000 dollars for service contracts, I was then threatened with legal action if I did not pay them more money even though the annual contract had expired. I will do everything possible to keep anyone from buyng their product.

Rebe S.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement
Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur
Traduire en français

Squirrel old system but does in a pinch

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 15/12/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Have used squirrel throughout the years waiting tables, bartending and managing various bars and restaurants around the country. One of the oldest and out of date systems.

Avantages

Since it's so old, many servers know it across the board.

Inconvénients

Not super user-friendly, slow.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 2.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Construction
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

Easy to use and stable

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 05/05/2018

Avantages

Great little POS system and very stable. I like the program and its simplicity, very fast and does a good job

Inconvénients

Requires support and does not have a mobile option
Not much integration with payment systems and works with certain printers not all

Réponse de Squirrel Systems

Thank you for the review. We have a number of mobility options if you're interested. Give us a ring if you want more information!

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10

Chantel M.
Secteur d'activité: Construction
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

Incredible Program

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 21/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great system, friendly customer service staff.

Avantages

I have been working in restaurants for over a decade and come across many different POS systems. This one is by far my favourite. It is easy to navigate, add/remove items, run daily/weekly/monthly reports, track employee hours and clock ins etc.

Inconvénients

I have only experienced minor glitches with this program. However their customer service and tech support team is a pleasure to deal with and are more than happy to troubleshoot and help rectify issues immediately.

Eric W.
Secteur d'activité: Services et installations de loisirs
Traduire en français

Squirrel has solid presence and reputation in the restaurant industry

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 24/04/2019

Avantages

Squirrel is always on top of their game by providing updates and upgrades. I have used Squirrel for 15 years and find it to be the best POS out there.

Inconvénients

I can't say many bad things about this POS. They are still around and continue to have a solid presence in the restaurant world. No bells and whistles which I like

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Danielle D.
Traduire en français

I used Squirrel at my previous Host job, it got the job done.

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 05/10/2017

Avantages

I felt like Squirrel was easy to navigate. It had no frills or extras - just straight forward and got the job done.

Inconvénients

The design felt outdated and clunky to me. It seemed to lack the extra features and the "wow" factor that would make it stand out against other systems I've used in the past.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Marshall H.

A true "pos"

Publié le 01/09/2015
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've never encountered a worse pos system in my life. It would take a book to go over all of the problems with this system so i will be short. It crashes constantly, i don't think i've gone a week without having to deal with there "customer service"(usually miltiple times a week), the calibration of the touch screens goes out of wac constanly leafing to misrung tickets and confusion and upset tables. Don't ever buy this horrible system.