NCR Silver

Système de point de vente basé sur tablette pour les PME

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

143 avis

Veeka
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction

NCR Silver

Publié le 20/07/2018

Overall it has been a great experience - we went from writing paper slips for every transaction and entering each one manually into Quickbooks to just generating a couple of reports each day in the back office and entering those. It has been wonderful to have saved customer information in the system and not having to rewrite their address again. This is saving us a lot of time and our customers are impressed with our contemporary POS systems since we're a small family business and they don't expect us to be tech-savvy.

Avantages

We like that the software is intuitive and has clean design. We like being able to arrange our products in categories ourselves, ability to sell items by singles or by weight, being able to track products sold etc.

Inconvénients

We would like to have more control over receipt printing. Since we do a lot of deliveries, we would want to be able to set the font larger for the customer address and the quantity of the products, also being able to print double receipts right away would be great - one for the customer and one for the delivery driver (right now we have to look up the last transaction and reprint, which is at least 4 steps) We also would like to be able to access older transactions from the POS system - many of our customers want to look up what they ordered last season, or two seasons ago and to do that we have to go through a very long process in back office right now - it's requires going to "results", then "POS transactions" setting the dates manually (no easy option for 1 or multiple years), then searching for customer name, and clicking "line items" for each transaction we want to check. Aside from being a long process, I also don't find that the names for these actions fit how we think of them when we are looking them up. Also merging customer history would be nice - sometimes we accidentally create double or triple customer accounts and it would be nice to be able to combine them.

Gil

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Good compromise between cost and functionality, and great customer service

Publié le 23/07/2018

This is a very affordable all-in-one system that lets us track sales, track employee hours and performance, and process credit cards. It does what it is supposed to do quite well. However, like any software, it takes some getting used to, and it is only after a few weeks that you really get comfortable with it. We live in an area where our internet keeps going down, and this system will continue to function even with the internet down. One important note for people in a similar situation is that you should not use the recommended configuration if your internet is shaky. (Their customer service helped us wit this.) They recommend a secure hard wire from the main printer to the internet modem. When the internet goes down, that interrupts communication back to the ipad, and the printer and cash drawer are not functional. Instead, as their person advised us, we use Bluetooth for that connection, and that way the iPad always is connected to the printer and the cash drawer. A minor hassle occurs sometimes when the internet goes down and devices pick up different floating IP addresses, in which case you have to delete existing connections and reconnect the new ones. I believe you can avoid this by using fixed IP addresses, but am not sure how to do that. These are pretty minor glitches once you get used to them.

Avantages

POS software is something that you use in real time so it is essential that you be able to fix problems quickly. Their customer service is very good - they almost always pick up at once and they are always able to tell you what to do.

Inconvénients

This is a multi-use system. As a restaurant, we had to get used to some features that are more for general retail, although it does contain things like table assignment and so forth.

John

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

This is a publically traded company NCR No Way...

Publié le 26/04/2017

They are an awful company. Their support system is a disaster. I don't know how many times I called NCR Silver for support and get a recording "hello we are experiencing an extremely high call volume. We will get back to you..." IF they get back to you it's hours later when customers have already left because we could not complete our transaction.

When my system was first set up, it was set up improperly based upon their support set up. After it was up and running it caused many delays where we could not input customers information and finalize the sale. So often, we received an error message "that item already exists and must create a new ticket" We call NCR Silver and was advised to proceed in an incorrect manner where the issues were never resolved. AFTER 3 YEARS OF THIS NONSENSE, It took my representative to resolve the issue after numerous hours on the telephone.

After all this, I asked for a partial credit to my account as they were responsible for the horrible software program. First, a manager would not even talk to me and flat out refused any credit. Then I asked for her manager. He did not even reply back to me.

This company is supposed to be a publicly traded company. Their program is horrible and customer support is equal par. HORRIBLE!!!! Ger professional NCR and the managers need to start getting involved with a customer instead of acting like they are holier than thou.....

Avantages

We really did not like anything about the solftware. It was very difficlut to operate and there are many issues that NCR is not fixing. The multiple steps to complete a customer transaction is too long. They also do not have enough employees where I have wasted large amount of time waiting for their reps.

Inconvénients

When we call NCR as the merchant to assist on failures of the software program, they do not respond immediately. Their phone system states, if you want to wait for the next avaiable representative press #2 on the phone. This message is repeated almost every 10 seconds. This is very difficult and discouraging.... Of course I want to wait for a representative... Do I have a choice????

Réponse de NCR Silver Traduire en français

We apologize for the NCR Silver experience not meeting your expectations. Not sure what happened with the "item already exists" issue, but it should never take that long for a problem to get resolved. Thanks for pointing it out to us.

As with any call center, sometimes reps get busy. That is why our award-winning customer support team also offers text, chat and email support. A text for example can solve simple issues substantially quicker. We also, by far, have the most extensive customer support team out of any cloud POS provider and offer live 24/7 support in addition to free set up, monthly menu maintenance, training and more. It's truly a comprehensive service.

As for transaction speeds, the UI in version 4.0 is extremely fast and it vastly streamlined an already quick customer checkout experience.

We have sent your comments to our customer care department, which will be reviewing it.

Chris
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

More than a cash register!

Publié le 24/07/2018

Overall I've been very pleased. I think it's obvious that NCR has taken it's decades of experience working with registers and retailers, fulfilling their needs, and applied it to the Silver app. It isn't the cheapest option on the market but it's way more reliable than any windows PC based POS. I'm not worried about viruses and windows errors or even brief power outages disrupting my business. If I have a wifi connection, I'm in business.

Avantages

The back office, inventory management, and customer tracking is terrific. Any system can fulfill the basic need of helping you ring up a sale, but Silver offers features that I didn't know I needed until I had them. Computing sales tax for state filing, locating past customer purchases, super useful features.

Inconvénients

I'd like to be able to add devices without additional fees. I guess I don't understand why having a second device changes anything with regard to the costs incurred. I had a copy of the app on my phone purely as a backup in case something happened to my tablet but realized it was costing me every month for something that I wasn't using.
When wifi is having problems, I wish there would be a way to cache those transactions offline for processing when wifi is connected again. As it stands, I end up using the old carbon copy forms to take and impression and running the transaction later.

michael

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Problematic

Publié le 17/06/2019

Completely mixed bag, usually negative. I especially disliked the phone call I received from NCR EMV development lead when I complained about th EMV pad being defective junk last year. The call was very rude and unprofessional.

Avantages

Cloud based POS with automated email receipts that also sends out automated coupons for marketing.
Remote inventory management for adding new SKUs and UPCs.

Inconvénients

1) Not truely EMV compliant. Most annoying was the ancillary peripheral chip scanner looked cheap, was not always on, turned itself off every 30 mins. Fundamentally the EMV pad was defective and not fully functional or compatible with the NCR POS.. We removed it from the terminal and were forced to do swipe only.
2) NO CONTACTLESS PAYMENT FEATURES!
3) Updating VAR sheet for NCR terminal after worldpay vantiv merger was HELL. I imagine transfering to another processor would be the same terrible experience.

Andrea

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Limitations in reporting and discounts

Publié le 23/07/2018

I have't experienced any "problems" with NCR Silver. I would however like to know more about what the program is capable of because I don't believe I am utilizing all of the options to the best of their ability.

Avantages

I like that I can program in the specifics of the items that I sell. We carry several thousand sku's and I can program each barcode of each variation of each product. I also like that there are reports that are valuable to my business, such as sales reports and time clock reports.

Inconvénients

There are limitations to the reporting that I need for my business. There is no way to show what quantity and dollar amount of inventory I have on hand during any given period.
With our industry, I need to know monthly inventory totals on hand, both quantity and dollar amount. In addition, there is no shrinkage tracking for damaged, shopworn, or missing items.

Jessica

Satisfied

Publié le 24/07/2018

Overall, I feel like you get a lot for your money and the ease of training new staff on the POS is greatly appreciated. The back office reports are great and help me keep track of sales and trends.

Avantages

I like that it's super easy to train new hires on the POS and as I a manager I love that I can access so much information in the back office so long as I have access to a computer/laptop.

Inconvénients

There are just a few things that I wish we could change, but a lot of the software updates eventually address a lot of them. Like any software out there, there are glitches that happen but they're minor so it's not a deal breaker. Customer service is a hit or miss. Most times friendly, but a lot of times it just gets sent to a different department because they can't figure it out, which takes time and follow ups.

Jeannette

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

It's okay

Publié le 24/06/2019

Staff is very friendly and as helpful as they an be but limitations to what they an handle before handing the issue off to another department can be an issue with proper completion. Follow through can be lacking, slow or non existent. Also ridiculous refusal of refund if return is received outside of 30 days. If you receive it on 60 days, you still have it. Still same peice of equipment. A policy to scam your customers.

Avantages

Pretty simple, direct on functionality

Inconvénients

Some limitations in reporting and the type of visibility to historical data

Jerald

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

NCR Silver for a Retail Business

None

Avantages

I like some of the reports but it is lacking in the ability to function for Retail

Inconvénients

The functionality for a Retail business The software is developed with the food service industry as the target. I am looking at my options to engage different software.

Alfred
  • Secteur d'activité : Divertissement
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Over Promise and under deliver

Publié le 18/08/2018

Concierge service is highly touted but the Implementation process is poorly planned and communicated to the merchant. So it is a high risk process that demand a lot from the merchant to implement successfully. Having an experienced re-seller to support the delivery, set up and go live is critical.
Even after raising the

Good Basic dashboards and reports
Remote Access to data and menus is a great feature
Ability to download POS transactions to Excel is great for analysis (some fields missing from downloads)

Non- EMV compliant CC processing
Does not Calculate Overtime
non existent transaction audit tools to trace when items were rung up or voided to help prevent fraudulent voids.
Does not have any inventory control capability to track usage and on hand
Limited Reporting capability, no add-hock reporting An Excel savvy person can make good use of downloads and Power Pivot to do own analysis and reports
Re sellers over sell POS system with out the proper disclosure of Functionality, Pricing, Required specifications or implementation and after sales support.

Chad

Mad Mexican loves NCR

Publié le 17/06/2019

Easy to work with thru problems.

Avantages

Easy to install, update and use. They answer all calls promptly and fix any issues that might occur quickly!’

Inconvénients

No issues , we are pleased with the system and products.

Alternatives envisagées

Square Point of Sale

Pourquoi passer à NCR Silver

Customer service
Chris
  • Secteur d'activité : Réseaux informatiques

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Still the "GOTO" program for my business....

Publié le 08/07/2019

Avantages

NCR Silver has been a great program for my business as its reliability is incredible- I don't think NCR has ever been down in the years I have been using it. The user interface is very intuitive and even when off-line (ISP down), once it connects up it re-sync's with their main system and all is well. We highly recommend it to all who ask who we use.

Inconvénients

Honestly, the issues that it has, in my opinion, I have submitted general inquiries and they have actually corrected them in a format that helps all connected- haven't found any issues that I dislike enough to warrant a "dislike".

Kathy

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

NCR

Publié le 20/07/2018

The system and software itself is good. It does what I need it to do and it does it efficiently and easily. Their customer service, however, is not always so good.

Avantages

The software is easy to use for both employer (inputting information, printing reports, etc.) and employee (operating daily transactions).

Inconvénients

The system only keeps transaction data for 13 months. While it is easy to understand that not keeping a lot of information will help the system run more efficiently, there are times when it would be an asset to be able to pull a customer's previous sale no matter how long ago it was.

kelly
  • Secteur d'activité : Fabrication électrique/électronique

Good for certian business

Publié le 28/02/2020

Its been id rate a 7 out of 10. It has helped but it is also limited.

Avantages

It is easy to have quick categories to use with this software, see your sale results and send out email promotions. You can use it mobile which is nice.

Inconvénients

You cant really use it for repair store its more for a restaurant based business. Its hard to keep up with warranties and it is limited with customer info notes in the main software mobile.

Shamus
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Bent Wrench Roadhouse Review

Publié le 14/09/2018

It used to be awesome, but we are experiencing lots of errors with our credit card processing lately. After contacting customer service, we have received ZERO follow ups.

Avantages

Ease of use. It is fairly easy to navigate through all of the back office items.

Inconvénients

Inability to delete a variation after you have added it to an item. This is only a problem when you are trying to delete the only remaining variation from an item.

Matt

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

NCR Silver is here to stay

Publié le 19/07/2018

We love it. Irreplaceable to our business.

Avantages

We love the reporting features and the robust nature of the Application. The setup is super easy and we loved how soon all the wait staff learnt the new system

Inconvénients

Working with Tier 1 support after hours can be challenging. Being in cloud technology the glitches that occur are not always easily resolved by support staff.

Stacie
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Great Stuff!

Publié le 17/06/2019

The initial sales rep was wonderful but misleading, the concierge service is great- once you get to someone & the reasons I chose this system are still working out because I'm not a tech or programmer. I'm working through it slowly & painfully, in hopes that once I have this setup, everything will be wonderful! The Silver system itself is great & I look forward to using it to grow my business tremendously.

Avantages

The back office reporting options are great. I can review, track & adjust orders. I also like the options with accounting & tax paperwork. I can see as I add more info, this software will work even better for my company.

Inconvénients

It was NOT easy getting all the info for the item entry for my register (POS). There was a bunch that is in the wrong place, so now I have to go in, item by item, and enter &/or fix. I was hoping by signing up, I'd have a bit more accomplished to this end. Also, I haven't been able to use my Ipad for anything else. My husband had to 'rig' the frame for me so I can remove my Ipad to use when it's not in use for the store.

Desiree

Functional

Publié le 09/07/2019

Avantages

It does everything backend software should do (basic reports, inventory management, etc.) It is very user friendly.

Inconvénients

The software is often slow to load and crashes. When changing inventory counts you have to save after 200 entries which slows the process down and can create room for errors.

nicholas

The Best PoS System!

Publié le 26/07/2018

Very smooth app! The POS system is amazing. Wish it was easiest to contact support!

Avantages

Its very easy to add and change menu items in seconds. Easy to fix hours for people who forget to clock-out. Easy to watch labor and look at sales!

Inconvénients

It freezes sometimes! Don't like the fact the new chip readers are involved!

aileen

NCR Silver Review

Publié le 01/07/2019

Overall, the customer service has been very good to us. When we have an issue, they always follow though to fix it.

Avantages

The reports are easy to pull . The items are easy to find to ring up.

Inconvénients

The Credit Card reader often goes bad. The daily reports may take a few hours to catch up.

Corinna
  • Secteur d'activité : Sécurité et enquêtes

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Good software but niche industry pushes envelope

Publié le 17/10/2018

Attempting to manage a full service laundry service with this software isn't easy. We really should just go industry specific software, which is unfortunate as the technical support and ease of use is wonderful.

Avantages

Easy to use for non-tech savvy employees.

Inconvénients

Lacks reporting detail on certain payment types.

Terry
  • Secteur d'activité : Musées et institutions

Museum Store Use

Publié le 26/07/2018

It gives me some information I never had with a cash register.

Avantages

Easy to train my many volunteers. Easy to add inventory.

Inconvénients

Hard to add additional inventory to system. Should be easier to use for annual inventory counting. Would like to be able to rent extra items like scanner for a short period of time.
Web sales don't connect to my system. When I asked if system could tell me what my best selling item was I was told no.

Megan
  • Secteur d'activité : Musées et institutions

NCR Works Great for Museum Admission

Publié le 23/07/2018

Overall, it was very easy to get started with NCR and it's always been easy to get help when I need it. Usually, the help section of the back office answers my questions for me.

Avantages

NCR is very easy to use, both at the iPad and in the back office on the computer.

Inconvénients

Because it's geared towards shops and cafes, sometimes it doesn't do or have exactly the feature I want, but it's pretty easy to figure out how to make it work.

Michael
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Customer Service

Publié le 19/07/2018

Product is Ok. Sometimes takes hours to get someone on the phone to resolve an issue

Avantages

The system is pretty east to use. I figured it out by myself with little help from NCR.

Inconvénients

The overall experience with customer service is the problem. We actually switched and we are still paying for our NCR program. It is solely because of the service. I guess you guys would rather have reviews like this than to make it right. When it comes to a point that a small business like ours would rather pay and not use your product I think it is time to look at yourselves.

Yésica

ALFREDOS

Avantages

It easy to navigate! Easy to take off and add on items without having to call customer service !

Inconvénients

The least that I like is that when you cancel a order it does not print in the kitchen printer!