Avis sur Breadcrumb POS

Breadcrumb POS

Restaurant & Bar iPad POS Management System

4.3/5 (79 avis)

Servers go down on the worst possible moments

Publié le 09.04.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I've had Breadcrumb for 3 years now at my restaurant. The first two years it was adequate, easy to use and more or less stable in spite of a few server outages here and there. However, the back-end was pretty cumbersome, full of dead ends and potholes that could easily be fixed with a tiny bit of coding. For instance, if you want to edit a menu item, but while editing you choose to add the item to a new display group, the page changes and does not save your edits to date. Also, you can never delete a menu item. You can archive, but not in batches, so it takes forever. But whatever, overall good enough to not have to go through the hassle of switching to a new pos system.

Since Breadcrumb has been acquired by Upserve last year, it's been a gradual downhill slide to stupidity. The first few months it seemed all they cared about was to convert their new Breadcrumb customers to Upserve products -- things we just do not need -- instead of focusing hard and quick on improving the new system they were in charge of. Since then, it has gotten worse. There have been server outages on busy Saturday nights, mandatory software updates -- on busy Saturday nights ... you get the picture. Uber frustrating. And frankly, there has been next to nothing done to improve the software use, or extend features. It seems as if Upserve is not capable of handling the new transition, and I am done complaining to them about functionality. The support team is nice and sympathetic, but they have no power to make the changes we need. We will be moving on to TouchBistro in the coming month. I would not get involved with this POS, it seems to be on a downward slope to obsolescence.

Simple, easy to set up
Clear POS layout

Bad server uptime
Inconsiderate management of maintenance schedules such as software upgrades
Limited front end and back end features

1.0/10

Very intuitive design. Very helpful when managing multiple establishments.

Publié le 23.04.2018

Avantages

Having trained lots of people to use it, everyone seems really impressed with how 'easy' it is to learn. I like that there are several ways to do almost anything. Also, on the admin side, the reporting is fantastic. I love being able to edit items and check reports for multiple locations in real time, from anywhere.

Inconvénients

I only have a few real complaints. First it would be very helpful to transfer tabs in bulk. In some locations there is a changeover that occurs everynight which is common going to back to old 'banger' days, where bartenders each had their own drawer. Breadcrumb does not make this very easy as each tab has to be transferred one at a time and approved one at a time, small issue, but a bit of nuisance. Also, it would be helpful if modifiers could have more options, not just up a dollar or two / down a dollar or two, but include multipliers.

Support client

Great idea - but they cannot support

Publié le 08.04.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I have been trying for weeks to get breadcrumb to do anything about compensating us for our monetary losses, the hours invested in all of this, and not much has been done. The system is not that expensive overall, so I guess you get what you pay for. They are simply not ready for primetime.

Avantages

This is actually a great product, with the platform that is more expensive than any other that I've seen without costing $ and being hardware focused.

Inconvénients

We took on this product in October 2016, and it has gotten progressively worse since then. We trained and showed everyone how to have a system work, and now we are shopping for other options, as this system regularly fails in the middle of service creating mass chaos for all of my staff who have to deal with crash kits and do their best to continue service. The system has offered a serious hit to our staff morale.

Easy to use and set up

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It takes money from people and puts it in my bank.

Avantages

Great Remote access and seamless menu updates especially when added remotely. Items added or changed through our previous point of sale system would have required a two to three minute reboot for the changes to update. The system incorporates comprehensive and useful analytics through breadcrumb hq and upserve. Can see what items are selling/profitable on a customizable timeframe.

Inconvénients

Times of full system updates. time frame. Than that I don't have any major concerns. Some of the hardware does lose its functionality over a short period of time ( ie: having to disconnect the casing to plug in an iPhone cable when the credit card sweeper stops charging the device from an android charger)

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Mafia tactics. They hold your data over your head at a price.

Publié le 23.04.2018

Avantages

Ease of Use. Classic POS setup, but best for a smaller operation. Modifying / Open Food Items / Adding menu items / updating menus can be quite tedious. A daily checkout report and the ability for my accountant to have direct access to the POS system is nice.

Inconvénients

Business practices. Take it or leave it attitude. Practices that practically force you to use their credit card processing. Works out to a month extra hidden fees to use your own credit card processor. The outrageous monthly expense to add Grubhub/Seamless. The outrageous monthly expense for them to hold your data after you leave them. It's almost better for them to not have a customer and just collect fees a month.

Support client

Great product with few flaws

Publié le 25.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Awesome analytics, great reporting tools and easily compatible with other third party vendors.

Avantages

This software is great and the analytics are super powerful. It can tell you what sever's are performing best, new vs repeat customers based on credit card data etc. Definitely ahead of the curve technologically. It's efficient and incredibly stable. We are VERY happy customers.

Inconvénients

The only two con's (I have) are that:
1) there's not a "No Sale" report for people opening the cash register without a sale.
2) If you are a bar where more than one person touches a tab, the employee performance analytics are useless as it assigns the sale to the person who opened/closed the tab (not the person adding items to it).

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I work for a CPA and my client uses Breadcrumb. It's one of the best POS systems that I deal with.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use Breadcrumb to gather manual data for entry to QuickBooks. It's easy to operate and run reports, accurate, flexible and my client's business has grown, Breadcrumb has met their needs. I handle an average of 7-10 breweries per month and this is one of my favorite POS systems.

Avantages

Reports are easy to run and understand.
Data can be exported to Excel for additional sorting/reporting.
Works very well for tracking deposits and applying them later (we use for events).

Inconvénients

Client has had issues with dropped data on busy days - possible system overload?
I've caught a few transactions that didn't total correctly (throws off my numbers) but I'm not sure if this is a user error or system glitch.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

For the price and ease of use, I doubt Breadcrumb can be beat.

Publié le 20.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's come a long way since Upserve acquired them. The customer service used to be really lacking, and there used to be a lot of service outages. There's been a huge improvement there. The new app is much better, but I'd like to see more information available on it.

Avantages

The front of house interface is incredibly easy to use, and the feedback from my servers has been the same. Back of house setup is also very easy, and reporting is adequate for a small business like mine. The price is also very good for what you get.

Very user friendly

Avantages

What I like about Breadcrumb is that it is very user friendly. I found that I was able to figure most things out on my own, without having to get support. However, when you do need support, the ability to chat with someone online is very useful!

Inconvénients

I have no real complaints thus far. If I had to choose something, it would be that for a tasting menu we have not yet found the best way to set up the ringing in of the menu and being able to fire each course. We will be contacting support about this to see what can be done.

Red Bird Review of Bread Crumb System

Publié le 20.04.2016

Avantages

Super simple interface. I love that it is iOS based and items can be changed on the fly from any station. Also great reporting on the back end and I love that it includes a costing function.

Inconvénients

That it apparently is not taking on any additional customers and appears to be going out of business. I was told the whole team had been let go and Groupon, their parent company, was closing up their shop. Also support could have been slightly more helpful and it would be nice to have better note functions. A scheduling function would be nice. Emailed individual daily sales to employees and the ability to account for tips that have been split between multiple employees, i.e. tipping out.

7.0/10

it is a great pos, when it works

Avantages

easy to setup and use, portable, can have as many stations as i need, can just add new ones when i need.

Inconvénients

when offline you cannot use giftcards or type in cc #'s, also they do not have a hardwired terminal so if your internet goes it can be a pain in the butt. once you create an item you cannot delete it just have to archive it. when your creating items and you save it it auto puts you back at the beginning instead of the sub folder you were in

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Breadcrumb is an excellent POS system and very friendly user

Publié le 16.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

The good about Breadcrumb is that they are partners with your business, they will always try to improve the problems we find in the system.

Avantages

Very easy interface and hardware setup, the final user learn fast on how to use it. The support team is always there when we need

Inconvénients

Lack of user log and some safer control in the admin / management level, this can be a problem. The reports are not the best in the accounting point of view.

One of the Best

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The best benefits of this system is the amount of training. The vast amount of time that it takes to train both front of the house as well as back of the house is so minimal. Most POS systems require hours of training and errors that can be extremely frustrating. We installed this system and people just started working on it with zero training.

Avantages

This Point of Sale system is one of the easiest ones I have used, almost zero training. The reporting is great.

Inconvénients

I wish it did better with items. The ability to have sub items and remove from inventory better would be great.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Overall a very good experience. The latest major update from 2 yrs ago fixed the majority of bugs.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

An overall well functioning POS system

Avantages

Ease of use, fast data loading, export of data, product mix reports, sales reports, payroll functionality

Inconvénients

Duplicate accounts created when importing daily sales ledger into QuickBooks, data loading sometimes defaults back to "All" when selecting items or roles, system sometimes crashes on rare occasions

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Our business is new to me. This POS program is easy to learn.

Avantages

Customer support is good. Support staff is knowledgeable and the wait time is minimal. Everyone is very nice.

Inconvénients

Printing lists under categories I've created are difficult. They aren't in lines in a neat order. Takes too many pages to print. Sometimes I want to review my menu entries by categories so I can update and/or edit.

Amazing

Avantages

User friendly and the ability for tech-support to put their thumb on the problem. Super simple to bounce out to QuickBooks. Easy to set up a menu .

Inconvénients

Offline mode. Other than that there are not really many bad things to say about breadcrumb. I love you and I have it in all the restaurants and bars that we are.

Simplicité d'utilisation

Many years as a customer and overall very happy with the product.

Publié le 18.04.2018

Avantages

I like the ability to make changes from anywhere and their ability to constantly update based on customer feedback unlike the archaic and expensive older POS systems.

Inconvénients

The hardware doesn't always last as long as it should, the cc swipers, specifically. They either quit running cards or quit holding a charge.

Support client

Best choice ever! After using mny different platforms to perform day by day transactions.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 21.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

To spend more time with the other functions of running the restaurant.

Avantages

Everything from how easy it is to use. The detais which it provides. The fact that anytume there is a problem that can not be solved by myself or one of the users you can call Breadcrumb support and immediately a customer support representative will make sure you can solve any issue that can not be solved by the user of the software. The fact that you can have any analysis needed! Everything!!

Inconvénients

That I had not used it earlier. That sometimes when you want to create new sections it is not that easy to do on my own. That though is easier in time.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Super easy interface and very intuitive with some major limitations.

Publié le 18.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It allows me to run my bar!

Avantages

Ease of use. Whenever I'm unsure about how to do something my first guess is usually correct as the UI is well designed. The customer service is usually very helpful for solving issues.

Inconvénients

Some of the offline limitations. We have been told that if we go offline not due to Breadcrumb/Upserve that we are out money if a transaction goes missing. This is a SERIOUS issue that we did not know when we signed up and may be a reason for us to leave.

7.0/10

We are a small restaurant that uses Breadcrumb for our POS. We have two terminals.

Avantages

I think it is a great systems. For management, it is easy to program and change items. For staff, the program is as easy as using a smart phone. New hires get it with-in 2 or 3 days.

Inconvénients

Sometime it goes offline and the printers don't work, but the benefit of offline mode makes up for that completely.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I use the Upserve App to have access to live sales information at any time.

Publié le 22.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Live access to sales information.

Avantages

It is live, so I know what is going on at any given moment in my restaurant. It provides information about labor, voids, and discounts, as well as comparisons to previous week or year. Very user friendly, easy viewing, and fast!

Inconvénients

There is nothing that I don't like about the software itself. Sometimes it is difficult to get support on the phone immediately, and our credit card processing fee percentage is on the high side.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

great affordable point of sale system. good value.

Publié le 28.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

ease of use for our office and minimal training for the restaurant staff.

Avantages

ease of use. constant updates included with the membership. easy to replace hardware. easy to configure new hardware.

Inconvénients

most issues I didnt like got fixed already, however if they could add more 3rd party integrations would be nice.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Easy to use and train staff on and has most all of the functions we need.

Avantages

That it is cloud based and I can use Upserve to get analytics from my phone on the go. Now that it has an offline mode, it is much more reliable as well.

Inconvénients

There are still a few funky functions that either just don't exist or don't work properly, such as sharing items between people.

pretty okay

Avantages

Simple and easy to use. cloud-based which is helpful because HQ is accessible from anywhere. seven more characters.

Inconvénients

mid-service forced software updates, implementation team wasn't very helpful, still many features not available (however its much better now than it was 2 years ago)

Support client

We have used breadcrumb for almost five years. It has grown and improved drastically.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Quick, efficient, generally reliable.

Avantages

Offers most of the flexibility and capabilities of other pos with the addition of a far superior UI and in my opinion superior UX

Inconvénients

Still catching up in some small respects like perfecting single item splits across multiple checks.