31 avis

Mentimeter

Outil de sondage en ligne pour les ateliers, les conférences et les événements

4,3 /5 (31 avis)
31 avis
Paula I.
Secteur d'activité: Conseil en gestion
Traduire en français

One of my favourite tools

Publié le 14/04/2015
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

I use Mentimeter probably every week. We have to do a lot of our meetings remotely through telco or Lync, and with Mentimeter I can make sure that all participants are equally involved in the process. My favorite set-up is to do the "single choice" series with a segmentation of the results at the end. There is often a very appealing aha-effect from seeing th results diplayed like this in real-time. I don't know of any other tool that could let you do this.

What I love is especially is the fact that I can make Mentimeter look almost exactly like our own PPT-template. I have been asked several times if this is an internal tool :)

Mentimeter is at it's most valuable when it spurs a discussion around the results. This can be incredible sometimes, since the audience has created the results together, they feel that what they are seeing is truly relevant and they often do their uttermost to draw the right conclusions from the data.

Traduire en français

A powerful software for interactive slides

Publié le 16/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Mentimeter is a great tool when creating interactive slides in undergraduate classes. It permits both the students and the professor to participate actively in the class.

Avantages

Mentimeter permits the administrator to create interactive slides. The students are motivated not only because their comments, questions and answers are presented anonymously during the class, but because they use their mobile phones and see the slides. Beyond the interactive slides, it includes clouds of words, quick tests, voting and express if they are enjoying the presentation.

Inconvénients

The free version only permits a limited number of interactive slides. Despite the license is not considered expensive, it also limits some of the interactive tools and can cause the students to feel fatigued.

Justine C.
Secteur d'activité: Ressources humaines

Practically Non-Existent Customer Support

Publié le 28/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My experience with the customer support is woeful. My first few interactions were with a bot, which could not resolve my problem. I then interacted with a human (?) who similarly has yet to resolve my issue. I would state the issue, 24 - 48 hours later I would get a response which did not address it. I would immediately respond and 24 - 48 hours later a different person/bot would respond. It's been a week now and I still don't have resolution. Their hours seem to be a Euro schedule with no weekend support. I have requested a refund and have received no response at all. The whole experience has been disappointing.

Avantages

Has numerous features to add interactivity. Functionality is easy to grasp.

Inconvénients

Uploading a presentation proved difficult, despite it meeting the designated parameters. All of the options such as quizzes, polling, etc were greyed out and couldn't be accessed. The basic option is really basic. I upgraded to get enhanced functionality and instead got nothing.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 1.0/10

Chad E.
Traduire en français

An efficient way to get instant feedback

Publié le 22/02/2018

Avantages

It is fast and easy to use. Allows the users to remain anonymous so they can feel more comfortable indicating their opinions. Excellent charts to present the poling of the results which is quite handy to verify how your audience feel about a presentation.

Inconvénients

There are quite a few bugs:
Sometimes the app doesn't remember the event code.
There are times when a question cannot be skipped.
It is sometimes problematic to access the results from my PC.

Jessica B.
Secteur d'activité: Génie civil
Traduire en français

Great for maximising employee engagement and Q&A discussions...

Publié le 13/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

When it works, it really works. We most recently used Mentimeter at our last internal staff training event. We had a room of about 30 employees, all who connected on their phones for the interactive part of our presentation. We hosted a 'Health and Safety' quiz, and employees loved seeing their results show up on the main presentation behind us. We were also able to export the results, and analyse the level of competence in the room - brilliant!

We use Mentimeter for internal staff events every 3-4 months and it has changed the level of engagement dramatically. All staff members now interact, and are deeply immersed in the presentation itself.

Avantages

Mentimeter has been a great platform for engaging with our employees at our internal staff events. It has also increased audience participation overall enabling us to gain insightful feedback and opinions from all staff members, introverts and extroverts alike.

My favourite feature is the 'leaderboard' for hosting live quizzes, followed by the 'Q&A' feature. The latter is especially effective when you have a more reserved audience - they can submit their questions to the main presenter at the tap of button, ensuring their voice has been heard.

It is easy to use and user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Most importantly, the tool has enabled us to canvas the opinion of our staff members and engage with those who may not have felt like participating before.

You can create Mentimeter presentations to match your corporate brand too. Moreover, if you are familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint, you will have no problem getting used to this software.

Inconvénients

For those people who are not tech savvy at all, it can be a lengthy process of getting someone to "connect to WIFI", "open browser", "type in mentimeter URL", "type in presentation code". Indeed, if someone can facilitate their set up, the rest is easy - this is what we have done in the past and will continue to do so until everyone is familiar.

I would love to see more ideas from Mentimenter on how to use the software to its very best, particularly from different angles - e.g. marketing teams, training providers, HR interviewers, etc...

Daniel E.
Secteur d'activité: E-learning

Interactive Presentation

Publié le 13/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We need mentimeters to quickly and collectively collect keywords, which are then visualized in a word cloud, for example. This is a good basis for discussion as the meeting continues.

Avantages

Mentimeter is a very simple and yet very comprehensive software to present and discuss interactively with participants. The tool also offers the possibility to visualize data.

Inconvénients

Mentimeter is strongly limited in the free version, which does not allow many uses. Therefore we like to rely on alternatives. However, a quick and uncomplicated survey can still be done well.

Brittane R.
Traduire en français

My company uses Mentimeter to do a lot of our votings and anonymous feedback/questions.

Publié le 28/02/2018

Avantages

I really like that we are able to ask our executive managers anonymous questions during staff meetings. This way, all our questions and concerns get answered without feeling self conscious about asking questions out in the open. My scrum team also uses the voting feature for our Sprint Retrospective. It makes the voting faster and provides visually appealing graphs and charts that can be easily read by everyone.

Inconvénients

It can get confusing when using the codes to vote during our Scrum Retrospective. It means we have to have a different code for each team member. Having to input different codes each time can be tedious.

Great for interactive presentations

Publié le 06/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have used this product many times and would recommend it to others. It is easy to use, can be accessed from anywhere, and most importantly is user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Even those who aren’t tech savvy can participate

Avantages

After looking into many interactive presentation softwares, mentimeter came out on top. The thing I liked most about this product is that presentation attendees need not create a login, it is as simple as going to a website and typing in a code. This was a must for my needs. As I used this product, functionality became more clear. One feature that is really beneficial is the presentation shows up on users devices- this allows them to follow along AND not get distracted by other items. It is really nice that you can upload a PowerPoint and incorporate menti questions into your customized template.

Inconvénients

The free version of this website is very limited, however, menti did give a discount to nonprofits so even on a tight budget, it is affordable.

Bojan M.
Taille de l'entreprise: 13-50 employés
Traduire en français

Simple yet great presentation software

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 23/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Mentimeter is a great tool that I use in almost all my classes. In a few minutes, you can collect students' opinions or create any kind of presentation. It is definitely a tool that I would recommend using

Avantages

Mentimeter is super easy to use presentation software. I have used only free version, which is limited to 12 presentations but it was enough for what I have needed. There are many question types to choose from but I used (and liked) the most "word cloud". I am using word cloud almost regularly in my classroom as I would like to know students opinion about certain topic.

Inconvénients

In my opinion pro plan is a little bit expensive and basic plan do not offer that much to switch from free to basic.

Ramzi B.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
Traduire en français

Great features but be careful of making a subscription as they are manipulative!

Publié le 29/12/2019

Avantages

Great way to engage with audiences in events

Inconvénients

When checking out, the price was shown in months and then all of a sudden it changed to annual before payment. I then paid for it annually not noticing that. I feel that was manipulative and unfair especially considering I only needed the product for 1 event. They also promise 14-day refunds in big writing and then apparently, since I used it once I am not eligible, All I was asking was to refund the 11 months I wasn't using it haha. Anyway great product but very disappointed in the end

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Yvonne S.
Secteur d'activité: E-learning

Mentimeter makes presentations engagning

Publié le 27/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Love Mentimeter! It's a great way to get your audience to participate and even guide your presentation where it needs to go based on their needs. I get the best results when I ask the audience what they want to learn and since it can be annoymous I get loads of participation and engagement.

Avantages

I LOVE that you can integrate this into MS Powerpoint because I have seen so many presentations go from boring to engaging with Mentimeter. It helps that you can introduce a new topic and pull audiences back in with the use of this. Plus, you don't need any additional hardware since is web based.

Inconvénients

If you have a whole lot of text or long questions and answer choices, it does affect the clean look of it. So if you write a whole lot or like to ask detailed questions, this may not look as nice.

Larz D.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement
Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Group Interactions at its best

Publié le 31/03/2018

Interactive Presentations and Polling

Avantages

Great presentation tool that allows the host to engage and interact with the audience in real-time. The polling feature is lovely and allows for the setting of questions and the audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet.

Inconvénients

No cons for me. But since I have to put something, you can't control , how truthful the audience are with the presentation polls.

Traduire en français

Taking the concept of interactive to new levels

Publié le 08/02/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Superb tool for polling during presentations

Avantages

First, just to say, I'm glad I came across Mentimeter.
Mentimeter is a great presentation tool that allows the presenter to engage and interact with the audience in real-time.

It's polling feature is awesome and allows you to set the questions and your audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet.

It is an easy-to-use online tool and can be used as a major boost for one meeting and presentation. Everyone out there should use this tool. It's quite fun to use.

Inconvénients

I have yet to come across a con for Mentimeter. Maybe my vision is a bit blurred and I am failing to see, up to this point, the drawbacks.
The only disadvantage I can mention is really related to people, the audience. And how truthful they are with the presentation polls.

Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

Great Quick Response

Publié le 26/01/2019

Avantages

The ability to use this quickly with my students is a huge plus. I enjoy using the word cloud slide to have students place responses that form into a cloud. It is nice that this has an explicit language filter as well.

Inconvénients

The pricing is expensive for an education app. You can do 2 free slides, but besides that it will be a monthly fee or a yearly fee which is expensive.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Alexander S.
Traduire en français

Most innovative tool in the market

Publié le 14/04/2015
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

Mentimeter is offering unique opportunities of interactivity with an audience. Especially the immediate participation in a survey by QR-Codes without the need of installing any application is a great help to implement a survey. The results will appear immediately on the screen in an attractive layout. With the question type „Open Ended“ it is easy to start a brainstorming and in combination with the layout option „Word Cloud“ you get a fantastic overview. Concluding Mentimeter is an innovative tool for presentations in business meetings, school classes and lectures at university.

Avantages

a lot - especially: interactivity, responsiveness, general performance, reliability, intuitive handling

Inconvénients

None - it's worth doing the upgrade

Erik P.
Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses
Taille de l'entreprise: 13-50 employés

wow, just wow

Publié le 07/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I was at a conference when I first saw this program in use by one of the main speakers. I was amazed at how easy it was to feel like I was really participating with his talk. I had to try it myself. I made an account, explored the options, and setup a quick little survey to try with a small group at the office. It was so easy. I plan to use this again soon.

Avantages

This is an absolutely amazing way to encourage engagement and group participation with your audience. It offers several different kinds of options and has all the bells and whistles you would expect with this kind of program.

Inconvénients

I can't think of any feature in this program that was desired and missing or didn't work as I was hoping it would.

Reshma A.
Traduire en français

WORD CLOUDS - my favourite thing!

Publié le 01/03/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Engagement of staff at all levels - and that is so very important.

Avantages

It is so easy to set up and customize various polls in different formats, to set up a specific brand and mode of presentation, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that you can embed a menti directly into a Powerpoint slide so that you can directly run a presentation without breaking the flow.

Inconvénients

Can't really think of anything significant -but perhaps I would say - lets see how else we can embed into other ways - Prezi for example? Or a live post on Workplace?

Mentimeter - Far Ahead of the Competition

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 10/04/2019

Avantages

The software is very intuitive and has all of the instructions plainly displayed for reference as you build your assessments.

Inconvénients

The free trial version does not allow you to set the answer response time to unlimited, but only offers a 20 minute max response time option.

Arman A.
Secteur d'activité: Jeux d’argent et casinos

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 18/03/2019

Avantages

The graphic of this software is decent, the presentations can be created either completely by oneself or by using offered templates. Several interesting functions can be added to it such as quizzes.

Inconvénients

I guess the cons here are more than pros: it is a bit complicated compared to other similar products, and not all templates are free. Although the result can be downloaded in PDF format, but one cannot find that function at once, and after all the PDF file will be not only with Mentimeter mark on it, but it will also be of no great quality, it will look somehow a slightly blurred.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Rebekah D.
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Absolutely Awesome!

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 13/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am VERY happy with Mentimeter and have already suggested it to several of my colleagues who are trying to think of a fun and innovative way to get people involved in their meetings.

Avantages

This is great for using at a team meeting/presentation that requires collaboration or discussion. It is a fun and entertaining way to brainstorm ideas, instantaneously updates from votes people submit through their phones, and displays the information in an innovative and creative way. VERY high calibre software! DELIGHTED by my discovery of them.

Inconvénients

There is nothing I have encountered thus far that I dislike.

Réponse de Mentimeter

Hi Rebekah, we all appreciate the review and positive feedback.

We will continue to develop Mentimeter so you can enjoy us even more in the future

Richard S.

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 27/09/2019

Avantages

Mentimeter is a good tool for taking surveys and making them interactive.

Inconvénients

Price. With all the free options available, there is nothing that makes this product stand out.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Good tool for voting

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 31/01/2018

Avantages

Mentimeter is a simple and quick way to get real-time votes from a group of people. Whenever I do polling I use it. It has a free version so that is a plus. The free plan comes with unlimited questions and respondents. It is very intuitive and interactive when making presentations that requires the audience input.

Rick R.
Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés
Traduire en français

Mentimeter is great for engagement

Publié le 04/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Mentimeter is a great tool to include in any presentation.

Avantages

Mentimeter is a great tool for engaging an audience. Integrating the software into a presentation provides instant feedback on your audience's views.

Inconvénients

Mentimeter offers limited options in the free trial, which limit the ability to evaluate the software before purchasing.

Natalie W.

Quick add in for Presentations

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 25/11/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I had a hard time figuring out how to get it to open in Presentations at first. Every time I want to use it, I have to add it. I would think once it is added an icon should open in Presentations somewhere.

Avantages

I like that Mentimeter has different kinds of surveys. Many other programs have just one or two options. Mentimeter has multiple choice, wordcloud, open ended, scales, and more

Inconvénients

I don't like that you can only have two questions for each presentation on the free version.

Tee D.
Secteur d'activité: Assurance

Engage & Interactive with your audience

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 05/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I understand presentation can be boring, but with Mentimeter. It takes presentations to the next level plus it gives you live analytics on your presentation.

Avantages

Mentimeter is easy to navigate and presentations fun and interactive. It provides like capablity for audiences to leave their opinions, polls and comments to keep your presentation rolling without outbursts or focusing on one to many questions during your presentation.

Inconvénients

Depending on your mobile device, program may give some glitches to loading to next slide of the presentation.