Avis clients sur Codenvy

Codenvy

Espaces de travail pour développeurs à la demande avec IDE intégré dans le cloud.

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

Codenvy outils de développement d'application IDE

Publié le 27/10/2023

Codenvy outils de développement d'application IDE

Inconvénients

pas trop reconnus Codenvy sur le plan marketing

Gauthier
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Logiciel de développement d'application

Publié le 31/10/2023

Avantages

Apparemment je suis tombé sur un logiciel qui me convient de faire mes développements de diverses applications et développement personnel. Vraiment j'aime beaucoup ce logiciel.

Inconvénients

Ce logiciel me va très bien et je ne trouve du tout pas d'inconvénients et je suis vraiment heureux de cela.

Fiacre
  • Secteur d'activité : Production alimentaire

Logiciel de gestion

Publié le 18/11/2023

Avantages

Logiciel de gestion de développement améliorant le flux de travail d'automatisation.il.est utile pour les développeurs d'applications.

Inconvénients

Aucun commentaire d'inconvénient trouvé à ce logiciel.

Charlaine
  • Secteur d'activité : Design graphique

Logiciel Paas

Publié le 11/10/2023

C'est un Logiciel a fonctionnalités multiples. Il est génial

Inconvénients

Je dirai tout simplement qu'il est génial, j'aime l'utiliser

Justin Evan
  • Secteur d'activité : Développement de programmes

The future of programming

Publié le 19/03/2015

I started using Codenvy, for only a week ago. But I feel like I have been using it for a very long time. I don't even have any difficulties in using it. It has a lot of projects to offer but the simplicity is awesome. I feel at home in codenvy, because it looks like my favorite editors and IDEs (Sublime, PHPStorm, and Brackets). Besides, it behaves like linux os so I no longer need to dual boot my laptop. And when it comes to configuration, I no longer need to wory about the configurations needed when I use windows or ubuntu. Another thing I love about Codenvy is that deployment is easier, and my data are safe and backed up in the internet. I don't need to worry about it being accidentally lost when my laptop crashes or worse, if my hard disk suddenly gets corrupted. Codenvy is the best. And I and my friends will be using it in our upcoming projects.

Avantages

Easy to use and set up. Huge support for the latest languages and frameworks. User friendly. Good for both students and professional programmers/developers. Less hard disc space is required by codenvy. No other apps required, only a working browser. Fast and intelligent development environment.

Inconvénients

I think the thing I can't use in codenvy are my keyboard shortcuts. The ones I usually use in Sublime and Netbeans.

Réponse de Codenvy

Thank you for the thorough review - you can use Sublime, vi and emacs key binding by going to Window > Preferences in the menu. You should see on the right a drop-down which allows you to change the key bindings.

Utsav

Lovely Interface

Publié le 07/04/2015

The ease with which I am able to create and run apps has been really cool. I especially love how the running app is hosted elsewhere, so it's just like real life. That really helps with troubleshooting and learning.

Cloud based IDE's is where the IDE world is heading. Codenvy does a good job with its cloud service. It's standardized, so I can use it wherever I go. However, it does occasionally time out, and it is a little slower than the standard IDE that I am used to working with, but it's not terrible, especially for the pro's that it offers. I will definitely continue to use this, and hopefully some of the cons slowly start to fade away to make this one of the better IDE's on the market.

- Github integration
- Nice Debugging Tools
- Very smooth
- Lovely Interface

- Time outs
- Little slower. Not too much. But comparing other IDE's, it feels like. Just a little

Filiph
  • Secteur d'activité : Développement de programmes

Note globale

Limited support on the largest web browser

Publié le 02/04/2015

A few months ago I were looking for a cloud ide competitor to Visual Studio to allow me to code while I'm away from my PC on my Surface 2 as it only packs a ARM cpu (and Visual Studio is compiled for x86-x64). After a while I found this codenvy which not only looks great but also is/were loved by many developers around the globe just to get a popup telling me my web browser isn't supported.

Avantages

When you actually have a webbrowser that supports the website it works great, but there's really no point to it then as you might aswell install Visual Studio then.
Also, they got a free plan; so there's that.

Inconvénients

Doesn't support Internet Explorer 11 and lower.

Réponse de Codenvy

Hi Filiph, you're correct - unfortunately we don't support Microsoft Internet Explorer at this time, but in our testing it has (largely) worked. Since we are based on Eclipse Che we would welcome the community's help with certifying Eclipse Che on Internet Explorer.

Eric
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Codenvy creates a cloud based atmosphere for developing apps

Publié le 21/01/2019

Avantages

Codenvy is cloud based application that allows for the development, coding and debugging of apps. One of the best features is that it can be accessed from anywhere so that multiple people or teams can be working in the same project despite their locations.

Inconvénients

One thing that I dislike is that you have to pay for a subscription to have access to premium support.

Eric

Note globale

Codenvy is the best ODP(Online Develoment Platform) I have ever used.

Publié le 12/05/2015

I am a student, and I likes Robotics, and Programming. I found this VERY useful when trying to write codes. I can even run the code online, and see what the result was. This is just an amazing platform, and I can't say or express how much I like it.

1. Easy to use
2. Can RUN and debug app ONLINE!
3. Have syntax correction.
4. Be able to use a lot of programming language that is available.
There is probably a lot more, but I just can't think of any right now.

Inconvénients

1. There is a time limit on how long the app can run for(So don't hope to get a free website hosting service) with the free plan(You are not even supposed to do that anyway for free.. :-)

bhagi

• Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Awesome tool for coding practice and some light app deployment

Publié le 11/08/2018

Avantages

*Platform is incredibly easy to set up, and functionality is well thought and organized in a way that is ready for big projects

Inconvénients

*Platform is a bit slow, I would suggest optimize it more
*Add more integrations and features, like sync with code storage and maybe possibility to download work or fork it, so all can work independently.

Varun

Davi
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Excelent concept

Publié le 18/05/2015

Codenvy is an excelent concept of cloud IDE.
I started using it on its early days, but I had to...

Codenvy is an excelent concept of cloud IDE.
I started using it on its early days, but I had to stop due to the lack of a decent Python/Django environment and a high price.
I'm planning on get back to it as soon as possible.

Avantages

I can (re)start my code whenever I want and wherever I am.

Inconvénients

I think that what made me stop using it in the past is gone.

Nicolás Mariano
Nicolás Mariano

Note globale

Excellent tool for online programming

Publié le 12/05/2015

I've been searching for the most suitable online IDE for my needs and I really like Codenvy. My goal was to be able to buy a cheap Chromebook and still be able to code in a comfortable IDE when I only have it on me.

Embebbed JBoss Runtime, full Git Integration

Inconvénients

I was no table to configure eclipse-like key shortcuts

David

Codenvy: A great choice for coding in the Cloud

Publié le 30/03/2015

I am a heavy user of the Cloud 9 IDE and a big fan of the complete cloud based coding environment. So, I was very excited to give Codenvy a whirl. I must say that I was not disappointed. I'm always wary of products that claim to be developer tools that do not do a good job catering to the developer community. Right off the bat, Codenvy does a great job at that. Their free offering is at par with Cloud 9. They do not give clear specifics on upgrading their services, which I find a bit off putting. The starting 512mb of ram that they give is not adequate for much beyond a bit of prototyping. To really work on a full scale app requires allocation of more resources. I'd rather not have to speak to someone in sales just to upgrade my workspace to a high tier. One thing that I am excited about is how they offer a paid version offsite. Cloud 9 is also based on an OpenSource project and so you can easily run the C9 engine on your own servers, but you lose a lot of the features that they have coded into their product offering....the fact that I can run an Open Source version as well as pay to run the full version in my own environment is a nice feature.

Pricing out of the way, lets get down to the fun stuff! The ide is well thought out. i enjoy the Che engine. It certainly has a good feel to it. It's a bit light on features at the moment, but that is not a bad things. It has what it needs and it can obviously grow as needed.

The Docker environment is something that I love! Here, Codenvy shows that it has a good handle on the environment. I was able to run php applications with ease.

Bottom line, I do not feel that this is a mature a platform as C9...but that is a fault that is easily cured with time. But they do have a great product, and certainly with the ability to code and use eclipse plugins, makes this a GREAT choice for an Eclipse shop.

Harsh
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Codenvy Review!

Publié le 10/12/2017

Avantages

I would say it is one of the easiest cloud IDEs to setup. It gives on demand real-time collaborative IDEs and it's quicker than Cloud9 in this department.
A while ago, it was just the code you could access wherever you are. But now with Codenvy, even the environment is not required. You open the browser, you login and bam! You're good to go. It's has really taken programming to a new era.

Inconvénients

The overhead of the page loading is a bit slow. But again, it has all these options to be taken care of. But I would really appreciate it if the loading speed was a bit faster.

Darius

brief overview

Publié le 03/04/2015

Hello,

Hello,

I must admit I haven't been using codenvy for a long time - I'm just a newjoiner so far. However I love the idea of cloud IDE! And I love the design! dark, easy on eyes, contrast is great and all the colors are visible very well eventhough everything is dark. Also I haven't run into a cloud IDE that has a running X server - that's something new (for me at least).

However there still are a few things I'd like to be changed...
First of all - logging in to the system. Username and password are passed via GET [or a very poorly secured POST] and both are visible in addressbar once the LogIn button is clicked. What is that??? Comon guys, it's just not right. What's the point of masking password in TextField if it can be seen in address bar?
Also It's very annoying that virtual machine powers off after several minutes. If I'm writing an application I need to relaunch my code quite often and these poweroffs are really frustrating.

Apart from that the IDE looks really smooth even on my 10'' notebook - there's enough space to see everything. Also I love that it supports multiple languages and even databases. It's really nice to have everything in one place.

Réponse de Codenvy

First of all, thank you for using Codenvy. We are going to be addressing the short timeout for runners in our 3.9 release due in late April. On the password concern could you please email me an example screenshot of this as I am unable to reproduce what you're seeing and we take security very seriously. You can reach me at bmicklea@codenvy.com.

Kartheek
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Gives you the chance to do everything at the same place

Publié le 22/06/2021

Avantages

Really fast to run .There is a free version you can use . Can connect and run any type of code . The debugging is at an advanced level .

Inconvénients

Codenvy is hard to master , the UI is especially hard to work with when you are starting out .

Karthi
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Powerful and robust open source coding system.

Publié le 06/07/2018

Avantages

The application supports quite a lot of languages. The application is simple to use. Very affordable tool, quick and responsive customer service. Offers a cloud based coding system, is open source. Offers eclipse plug ins, php applications are easily run. The starter templates, Google apps engine improves the effectiveness. You can easily check up projects on any operating system without any installations. Remote workplaces are provided. Tutorials to use source code and for debugging are provided, automation codes can be easily created. Configuration of the environment is not required. It helps large groups and teams, the platform is easy to use.

Inconvénients

Local storage is not supported. Security features could be improved. You can't use keyboard shortcuts in this application. You can find information cluttered while you use the application. More tutorials could be provided.

Petr

Great workspace for developers

Publié le 10/07/2015

I dont want to talk about ambitions of Codenvy. Their growth rates speak for themselves. The developers have done a very high quality product. It contains a lot of interesting solutions. Such as code refactoring, multi mode and invitations. And if you have an account in Google, the registration may take a few minutes. But if you do not wish to use a Google account, the registration of this does not become complicated, and will remain the same simple. Codenvy supports a large number of languages - Java, Java Script, PHP, Python, Ruby, HTML, and CSS. And their number is constantly increasing. As far as I know, the Codenvy editor was originally made for Java, so it would be desirable for other languages to see the editor of the same excellent functionality. Before deploying the application, users are able to collect and publish the project, run it on a local server Codenvy or run the application in debug mode. And it's all in the cloud! Also Codenvy uses Git as a version control system that will appeal to most developers. Already available the invitation to people your virtual workplace (import Google contacts or address an invitation), as well as an invitation to GitHub collaborators. Now you can use Codenvy absolutely free. I also want to add, it would be nice if there was support for the russian language to the russian-speaking community has been able to use the service without problems.

Prabhdeep
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Review of Codenvy

Publié le 11/12/2017

Avantages

It is very easy to use and user friendly.
Java support. PaaS Deployment. Fully functional SQL editor. Datasource with support for Google Cloud and AWS.

Inconvénients

Project tutorials are Kind of hard to follow. It is hard to know how to get to the next step in the tutorial.

athmane
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

a perfect cloud ide

Publié le 07/12/2017

Avantages

codenvy's Workspaces can sync a desktop IDE.
codenvy's Workspaces can be shared within teams or with external users the most feature a like about codeenvy.
codenvy can Work offline
git support in one click

Inconvénients

database connecion needs more options
no FTP support
need more text editor features
team share notes

Richard
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51–200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Easy to code in cloud

Publié le 17/01/2023

We managed to use low end computers for coding because of the power of this software to work in a browser.

Avantages

This software makes it easy to code even on low end computers since we use it in the browser. We are also able to share and collaborate during the development of software

Inconvénients

We always need the internet to work and this can sometimes affect the speed in which the software loads.

Paresh

• Support client

Harnessing the power of the cloud

Publié le 12/08/2015

When my macbook died, i was looking for more cost effective options. As per Moors law, the processing speeds/memory should increase and cost should decrease but i had always ended up paying more. This is when i was introduced to Chromebook and Codenvy. For a freelancer like me codenvy is the best approach to complete my POCs and have them ready for implementation. I am able to validate my architecture and designs quickly with the help of existing templates built into the system. This is an excellent replacement of my desktop environment. GITHHUB and SVN integration are excellent
It provides an excellent opportunity to start work anywhere without being tied to a machine or infra

Now the gripe part, i gave low customer service score because i found it hard to configure a runner. It is a simple activity but the documentation was inadequate. Further i think some standard technology products are missing maybe because there may be some negotiations needed with the product vendors

Matt

• Support client

Impressively smooth transition from desktop to a cloud IDE (java/maven project in git)

Publié le 27/02/2015

I was initially skeptical. How good could it be? So I setup a free account, imported my private git repo from bitbucket, a Java/Maven project and it just built... first time I tried it. Impressive.

I thought my database requirements for testing would surely fail, so i looked into setting it up and I was pleasantly surprised to find that codenvy uses docker, and even has pre-configured scripts for databases including postgresql.

It even had a VIM keyboard setup for the editor.

It's not perfect - I had trouble navigating the GIT menus within the tool. Pulling/pushing were fine, but reverting uncommitted changes isn't intuitive (in fact, i haven't tried the solution suggested in the forums yet).

Pricing for small accounts it's clear. Free gives you limited (but fair) VM resources, while the next step up (premium) apparently provides better resources and access but details are hidden behind the dreaded "contact sales" form.

Overall, it's impressive.