1 289 avis

1Password Business

Gestionnaire de mot de passe pour l'entreprise et à usage personnel

4,7 /5 (1289 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
96% des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
1 289 avis
Tracy C.
Traduire en français

A must have tool for me.

Publié le 29/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been very pleased. They continue to innovate and I rely on their product every day. Now that I've upgraded to the latest Mac OS and I have the family version I can easily keep all of my info up to date easily on all of my devices and share logins with my family when needed. I'm VERY happy.

Avantages

I started using this tool over 10 years ago. At the time I was making a transition from Windows to the Mac. I had already been using a password manager for a long time and 1Password seemed to be the best option for the Mac. Over the years I continued to use the standalone plugin on my single computer. I have recently transitioned to the option that keeps all my devices synced and I can't imagine ever going back.

Inconvénients

There were times when I had to get various versions to remain compatible with certain OS changes. Some of the newer versions of the software were not running on older Mac OS versions. The support team was helpful in getting it sorted out.

Andrew K.
Secteur d'activité: Internet

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Publié le 23/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Avantages

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Inconvénients

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

Jeremy brand Y.
Traduire en français

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for individuals

Publié le 05/06/2018

Upgraded security and privacy

Avantages

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze.

Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Inconvénients

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it.

Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll need an account to sign in. Don't have an account? View this FAQ. The FAQ says, enter your secret key. Oh, the Mac version doesn't have a secret key? Looks like you have the wrong version! You need the membership, which costs a monthly fee. And, surprise, now your extension is in read only mode, hope you don't mind we took that away.

I don't know if it's their weird decision to fork the Mac app store version from 1Password 6/7 (a move done to extract more money from monthly subscriptions, I'm sure), how they are handling the vault syncing with external services or WHAT, but this once solid tool is growing stale, fast.

Réponse de 1Password

Hi Jeremy Brand,

Thank you for reviewing 1Password!

I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers

Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you.

Thanks!

Secteur d'activité: Presse écrite

Indispensible

Publié le 10/07/2020

Avantages

1password makes it as easy as possible to keep track of the passwords I use personally and those I share with my family and colleagues at work. Integrating with any website is inherently difficult but I think they do pretty well, and they're always coming out with improvements.

Inconvénients

It's a bit confusing at times because the process of signing up for every website is different, but I don't think you can really blame 1password for that - in moments of ambiguity they sometimes create duplicate entries, and it's up to the user to cull these entries. I think that's the right strategy, it's better to not lose data, but it can definitely be a bit confusing at times - I convinced my mother-in-law to use this software but it was a bit too much for her to continue with, she now uses bad passwords and tapes post-it notes with her passwords to her screen 😬

An invaluable password tool

Publié le 14/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have had an excellent experience with 1Password. I use the mobile version, the desktop version, and the browser version. It has never been easier to keep track of my passwords and ensure that they are unique and complex.

Avantages

This password tool easily allows for switching to complex, random, and unique passwords from the traditional approach of using the same easy-to-remember password everywhere. It also makes it simple to retrieve and populate password fields using browser extensions and sharing entire password libraries with other users is a breeze. It will also warn you when a password has been reused on other sites and when it has been compromised and appears on the web in rainbow tables for use by hackers.

Inconvénients

I'm not a big fan of subscription-based products. Why can't I just purchase the software once and stick with that version until I decide it's time to upgrade? That is the way 1Password used to work, but now they've gone to a subscription model, along with everyone else.

Rob H.
Secteur d'activité: Design
Traduire en français

So good you'd recommend it to your mom!

Publié le 11/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been a web developer for 13 years. The insane number of different websites, tools, software licenses, and resources that I have in 1Password would make even the most powerful spreadsheet software blush. 1Password removes all need to index and maintain these items login items. Visit the website, click the icon and away we go.

Avantages

Integration. The level to which 1Password has become part of my personal, family and work is a little scary. I keep any and all personal information in there. Passwords, health records, credit cards, private notes. The list could go on.

Inconvénients

The two versions 1Password and 1Password X threw me a little when I bought a new Microsoft Surface and loaded 1Password on it. I started with X before realizing that I wanted to use v7 with the browser plugin. Other than that though the software pays for itself even time I have to log in somewhere.

Sarah H.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité

1Password for Small Teams

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 19/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are ensuring that our internal logins and notes are stored safely and securely and that only the people who need access to them can use them.

Avantages

At our agency, we are now working mostly remotely and have a lot of internal accounts that we must store safely and keep protected. This tool is incredibly handy. The Chrome extension is so extremely useful and auto-fills logins and passwords directly into the tool. You can even have it autofill it without letting people see what the password is, which is an added/bonus safety feature that we use almost exclusively. It's so nice that you can also enter custom fields and other notes and information into each vault and organize the vaults by project, team, client, and have private vaults for your own personal usage. The tool is safe and secure.

Inconvénients

The tool can be a tad clunky to navigate at first and sometimes the extension works a bit slow, however, for the minimal cost and quality of security, it's not a major issue at all. It's very simple to implement once you get used to it.

Nathan V.
Traduire en français

10 Years and I still love it!

Publié le 29/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Sharing sensitive account information within the company. I love saving it in shared vaults so that those that need it can see it.

Avantages

Even with updates, this software has remained one of my “go to” applications for daily use. I use it everyday, for every password.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it can be counter-intuitive to update a password or add to your vault so I’ve ended up with some duplicates over time. Not a deal-breaker by any means. I would rather it be saved than lost.

André N.
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Traduire en français

One of the best password managers on the market, too bad the push for subscription model

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 15/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great password manager. Used it in all my devices, across platforms.
Migrated away from it because of the price and not agreeing with the product/company direction.

Avantages

It's overall a great product, with lots of points in favor:
- secure
- clean interface
- great browser integration
- sync between platforms
- lots of different types of items (logins, notes, credit cards, ..)
- items are very customizable

Inconvénients

I wasn't particularly fan of the push to a subscription/cloud based model, as well as the funding received.
Although there are still options to purchase a standalone license, they are quite expensive IMO.
Furthermore, they essentially broke Safari support for older versions, which require you to update to version 7. Shame.

David E.

Ease-Of Use and Reputation

Publié le 11/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

It's easy to use, it's easy to describe and train others to use and it's secure / reliable.

Avantages

Wide-spread availability of plugins and integrations

Inconvénients

It sometimes has difficultly adding or updating from certain web sites, but that's probably more of security decision than a real con.

Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

User since version 1

Publié le 12/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

I've used 1Password since it was a one-man operation and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the sole developer, customer support guy, etc. I could not operate in anything like a secure fashion on-line without 1Password. I've used it since version 1, and would not think about have an on-line presence without it.

While there are simple password managers available for free, none approach the sophistication and power of 1Password.

While it **has** declined in usability, Agilebits' on-line support for the application is fantastic. When [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the only guy to contact, he was incredibly responsive and always friendly and helpful. Agilebits seems to retains that character, although I've never had need to contact them directly for support in years since I've always been able to find what I was looking for in their support documentation.

Avantages

1Password, in its cross-platform, cloud-based version, is incredibly easy to use. If you have a biometrics enabled device, like an iPhone with Touch ID, or Face ID, coupled with a Mac with Touch ID, it is incredibly accessible for simple password creation and management. And, if you're like me, you are forced to use a Windows machine for work, but use a Mac at home, the cross-platform capabilities of the application are great.

Probably its best feature is the ability to create shareable 'vaults' where you can segregate private passwords from those you might want to share with another person. If, for example, you have multiple passwords for work but want to share passwords to access your cable or utility bills, you can create a private vault for work, and create another, separate vault you can share with another person (provided you have the 1Password family license).

I dinged it on 'ease of use' because its ease of use has definitely declined as the app became more sophisticated, and some of its features, and some of its recovery methods are not readily accessible. Although, to be fair, some of that is due to OS security constraints.

Despite that, I've been a user of the application since the mid-00s and have paid for every upgrade, despite the availability of free password managers from Apple, Firefox, etc., because it is simply indispensable to the smooth functioning of my on-line life.

Inconvénients

As the application has grown more sophisticated, its ease of use has declined. That is inevitable, but some of the intuitiveness of the the application has been lost over the years.

Computer security in general is not at all simple. Unfortunately, some of that complexity has crept into the humble password manager, including 1Password.

That said, 1Password is an incredibly powerful, and useful application.

Secteur d'activité: Immobilier
Traduire en français

Secure and reliable password storage solution

Publié le 02/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I used to just save my passwords using the browser save and autofill features, but I would inevitably use weaker passwords because I would use different versions of several passwords that I already knew. Now, my passwords are much more secure and each one is unique. I just have to always remember my primary vault password and with access to the 1Password app (through my computer or my phone), I can log into any site that I want. It was also extremely useful for our technical administration of our business because there are so many logins to be saved for our company accounts with all of the different platforms, and it is easy to share these from one user to another in order to give them access to all of our company accounts (for the other executives to have). This is made easy by 1Password by being able to divide my personal accounts into one vault and the main admin accounts for the company in a separate vault that can be shared with another user.

Avantages

This is a very secure option for storing passwords, and it syncs well between my computer and my phone. It can also save credit card information to make filling out payment forms quicker, and to be able to save the latest company credit card to make any purchases. There are many other types of entries that you can save in 1Password too that we don't even yet take full advantage of (software licenses, bank accounts, etc.). It is also possible to create multiple vaults, so that you can have a company vault and your personal vault separated. The Google Chrome plugin works great too.

Inconvénients

It sometimes takes longer to save a new login for a new website because the password creation form is on a different page than the username for example. In these cases, I like to log out and log in again to manually update the login entry in 1Password to ensure that it has the correct username, password, and login URL all saved. It's an extra step, but it is worth it once you get used to it.

Simon B.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
Traduire en français

Middle of the road software

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 12/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The features I paid for in 1Password became free in it’s competitors and they had more features. As a single user, finding the free version of another product beating the paid version of the product I am using was galling. I switched (even when offered the free subscription with another bundled product).
For small teams, this product was lacking so many of the features I needed

Avantages

This was the clear (to me) leader in the field when I chose to replace the old solution I had fallen into many years back (when I was only concerned with windows desktop/laptops), and looked to a solution for Mac and mobile. As a single user it had all the features I needed.

Inconvénients

It didn’t scale well to the use cases I had for multiple users or sharing. It didn’t get updated at the speed of other apps on mobile devices. It made it very hard to get my data back out of, to try competitors.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Carlos C.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement
Traduire en français

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

Publié le 14/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers.
What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection in compatible devices.
I can also organize and save the license information for my software for backup purposes and even credit card information.
This is and essential tool when managing multiple sites and when I'm away from my main computer. It is hard to renumber multiple passwords and it's not recommended to always use the same password for every service and site. With OnePassword I only have to remember the master password and get access to my database. It can also be synced with Dropbox making it easy to update my list of passwords.
No more writing usernames and password on a piece of paper and modifying the list every time there is a change of information.

*Easy to use.
*Computer and Mobile App support.
*Extensions to use with most browsers
*Access saved passwords from anywhere
*Storage software keys and passwords
*Save credit card information for (Autofill)
*Minimal graphic user interface
*Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers
*Free trial
*Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates
*Master password can be also set as face detection.

Inconvénients

*When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database.
*Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud.
*There is currently no two factor authentication
*Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

David C.
Secteur d'activité: Eau/gaz/électricité
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Brilliant Software,

Publié le 20/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Previously we had a password management system which was only accessible on devices within our domain. With 1Password being cloud-based it is accessible, securely, from multiple app options as well as a browser page so gives us much more freedom to visit sites and access any details we need

Avantages

The ease of use. It's very simple to administer

Inconvénients

The price is a little high for my liking

Bhavik J.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
Traduire en français

A Great Password Management Solution for Organisation of any size.

Publié le 24/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My overall experience with 1Password has been very satisfying. The feature set is thorough for personal as well as business use. Also, the teams and business plans are very well priced and involves features like custom roles and groups to organise. Also, it includes an activity tracker which tracks user vault activities that help is better security and privacy.

Avantages

The thing I liked the most about 1Password is its availability on most of the popular platforms. It is available on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and even on Linux. That helps a lot when you have an Organisation with different devices. Also, the user interface is very minimal and straightforward and easy to use. It also offers high end security solutions like 2 factor authentication and many others.

Inconvénients

It is one those software where there aren't many things going against it. The only downside to this great app is the unavailability of a free plan. Also, options for sharing is not available in personal plans.

Bill B.
Traduire en français

Good if you only need it for web sites

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 08/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Avantages

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine.

My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Inconvénients

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

Michael L.
Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses

Love 1Password!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 24/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have loved using 1Password! It has been one of the most functional resources I have used in my line of work.

Avantages

1Password has been a lifesaver for me. My memory sucks, and 1 Password saves so much important information for me and has been incredibly secure through the process of protecting my passwords. I love the iOS sharing between devices, and it is amazing to have all your passwords in one place!

Inconvénients

I hate to pay for it, but it's worth it. It isn't much for the subscription, but this is literally the only con.

Brian H.
Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses

Happy Customer

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 08/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Experience has been great. I started with standalone licence but now I use 1password subscription on a personal level and team work account. I don't know how we survived before without having 1password in the past. It takes the guesswork of all the accounts we have to manage. We have over 1000 passwords for all the web accounts, network switches, projectors, computers, laptop carts, and credit cards. A team of four of us all use 1password to access / mangange and keep accounts credentials up to date. It is wonderful.

On a personal level I know if God forbid anything happened to me today. My wife would not have to spend days trying to log into or reset my critical accounts (life insurance, credit cards, SSN, smart phonw log in, home WIFI...) We have everything in there. All she has to do is open 1Password, select a category or start typing keywords and see will have the account info and notes see needs in seconds. This gives me great comfort knowing she can access all this needed information quickly.

Avantages

Everything. Clean look. Simple to use. Open and Fill is a big time saver.
I love however you can integrate it into the autofill on IOS passwords.
I see apps developing with the 1Password icon for quick log in
Supports 2SV

Inconvénients

There is not much I have found that I dislike.
I wish I could make some custom categories.
I wish the standalone licence would have a changed password history.

Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle

'Almost' ..... Flawless

Publié le 15/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

For the most part, this app is 'flawless' and is a vital everyday experience on each and every internet visit.

You 'must' however, be 'religious' with your execution and interaction with the program...
garbage in <--> garbage out.

It almost goes without saying.... but just like you should 'organize' and categorize all of your photos, music tracks, file structures.... you still have to keep on top of managing all of your 'secure' information. This app will help with that, but just like the ab cruncher doesn't actually get you flat abs, you still have to do ALL of the reps, every day, for a year or two.

I keep 'everything' in the is app. Passports, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificates, Credit Cards... I mean 'everything'...... (including scanned PDF copies of the original documents)... and this is where it gets a bit 'messy'. They 'used' to keep each record with each document embedded, but they recently changed the documents to appear as 'separate' entries with hyperlinks to those documents.... so now, you have to edit in a link to your document, but to get 'back' to your record, you also have to edit in a link back!!!... (not to mention scanning all of your documents).... it's a huge pain in the rear.

Plus, you will be continually weeding and sorting duplicate passwords, weak passwords, and compromised passwords. They do include 'tools' to use with this, including sorting by date, so that can make things easier... but if you don't keep on top of it, it gets away.

Avantages

Security, All in one place. Don't need to remember more than one password. Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), multi-browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc)... Convenience of having everything with you, all of the time. Makes creating new passwords a breeze, so joining sites etc, is easy.

Inconvénients

Doesn't 'always' work with web pages. Can get 'messy'. Yet another blood sucking leech on your bank account. Your master password needs to be 'strong' (long, multi character, mix of words, numbers, symbols).... and you must continually enter it - unless you have a fingerprint or face recognition option. Limited categories. If you want to keep the make and model of your car for example, you'll have to settle for a 'generic' note... SplashID has 'better' categories.

Secteur d'activité: Internet
Traduire en français

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Publié le 11/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great password management for anyone.

Avantages

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.

Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards, ftp logins and many others. It’s really well thought out and works seamless across all devices.

On iOS, it recently got an OS integration where you can autofill within most of your mobile apps which makes the process of sign in very easy and effortless. There is a similar process for Android users also.

If you are more conscious of where all this data is stored and trust Dropbox with this precious information, you can keep your vault (the place were all this information is stored), inside your dropbox account giving you more control with were your important data is stored.

Inconvénients

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view.

The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Lucas B.
Secteur d'activité: Capital risque et capital-investissement

Benefits of Team Collaboration with Password Management

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 05/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My twin brother and I are entrepreneurs and have a venture studio. We partner with startup companies and help them build their businesses. Accordingly, we needed a solution where sharing of login credentials and secret notes worked smoothly with robust flexibility for managing user access. After using competing solutions, we realized team collaboration was not a core value of the other solutions. Fortunately, we discovered 1password and all of our desires have been fulfilled.

While my brother and I both of our own private login credentials for various services, a vast majority of logins credentials are shared. We soon realized that sharing login credentials with our team members was a fundamental way we operated. 1password provides the best and most secure solution for sharing passwords with team members.

Avantages

- Sharing and collaboration are key advantages to their solution while security is still a top priority. Any folder can be easily shared or unshared. Folders can be shared with team members and even a guest.

- Flexibility in managing access to vaults. I can create vaults that are by default accessible by other administrators. Thus, I can give my twin brother (an administrator) immediate access when creating the vault. It is just as easy to uncheck the box to give other administrators access which turns the vault into a private one that I only have access to.

- Managing user access for team members is easy and intuitive. Once the vault is created, you can click on the settings for the vault from the main dashboard and add team members to have access. Once access is granted to a vault, the team member gets immediate access. Team members don’t need to wait around for changes to propagate to their user’s access.

- Editing and using login credential from the website is really easy. I enjoy how you can copy the pass with it being kept secret. Only when necessary, you can easily click a button to reveal the password. This makes it easier to collaborate with team members present while not compromising security.

Inconvénients

- If you have a guest user, they can only have access to one vault. It doesn’t say this in the interface, but after a few times of trying to give a guest user access to a second vault and 1pass changing the access to the new vault only and removing access from the old one, I am pretty confident this is the intended functionality that isn’t apparent within their UI.

- Unable to move an item from one vault to another. Instead, if you want to item an item from one vault to another, you need to create a new duplicate item in the new vault and then delete the old one.

Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

Near-perfect password manager across all of my devices, with a great family account featureset

Publié le 08/09/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Dead simple password management, sharing and entry

Avantages

Firstly, I love the most basic premise of the tool: password management. 1Password makes it easy to generate secure length passwords on the fly, and then save these on first login. I can then access these passwords on any of my devices that I have connected 1Password to. Recently, there was an upgrade to allow for autofill within mobile apps, which has been an incredible time saver. It is painless to generate new passwords for different services, avoiding the pitfalls of using a consistent password. A year or so ago, a service I use had a password breach - however the password that was leaked was unique to that service which really contained the problem to just resetting that single account. I love the family account features, where me and my partner can keep shared access to the latest credentials for certain non-critical things like food apps or Netflix.

Inconvénients

I have had various versions of 1Password, and at one point had a separate freelance and personal account. Merging things hasn't been super straightforward and at times I do find duplicate entries for sites, which is a bit of guesswork to figure out which entry is the current credentials. I've been cleaning these up as I go, but it would be nice to have some sort of 'de-dupe' feature. I was also having some errors with an older vault format in my newer account. Sometimes when saving credentials, especially from a reset email event, it struggles to save the username with the password, which leads to having to type it in next time. No major problems.

Nate C.
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

I'm a very happy paying customer

Publié le 12/07/2018

Avantages

I've long had a theory that website's attempts to beef up their security by requiring increasingly more complex passwords has led to a DECREASE in security. There is no way the average human can remember 50+ complex passwords, so they instead do stupid things like writing passwords on sticky notes and/or using the same password across every website they use (meaning that if one is breached, which is inevitable, then essentially they all are).

Enter the hero of this sad tale--1Password! I have used this software for years now, and I recently upgraded to the family account to get my wife on board. As a result, I use a different ridiculously complex and secure password for every website I visit without needing to remember any of them. I simply use a keyboard shortcut that will automatically fill in those usernames and passwords for me. I love it.

Worried about not having a password you'll need while out and about and away from your computer? Not to worry, they also have great mobile apps that'll take care of you there.

Also, how many times have you had to ask your spouse/SO for the username/password for some shared account (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, bank account, etc)? No longer. With a 1Password account, those can now be easily and automatically shared to a common vault.

Also worth mentioning is one of my favorite features of any piece of software--it disappears into the background. It just queitly and reliably works in the background with little to no upkeep.

Inconvénients

Honestly, I'm stuggling to think of anything. I work on multiple computers and therefore need things to effortlessly sync between them, and one pain point used to be a sort of fiddly and unreliable sync using Dropbox as a bridge. The syncing is now rock solid (using iCloud, Dropbox, etc.), so is no longer a problem.

Traduire en français

I have used 1Password for several years and it is the single best investment that I have ever made.

Publié le 23/06/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I can use complex and unique passwords for each of my 400+ accounts that are password protected. I also use the "Secure Notes" function to store things like encryption keys and software license numbers in case I need to retrieve them for any reason. I cannot stress enough how important this product is and the cost is less than a small coffee at many places.

Avantages

In this day and age, when I see people using stupid passwords like their kid's birthday it makes me seriously question whether or not I should give them my data. The best password is so complex that it would be impossible to remember and never repeated for any of your accounts. Four years after buying 1Password, I have approximately 400 accounts each with different passwords that nobody is going to guess. The best part of this software is that there are plugins available for most major web browsers (I use Safari and Chrome). When I come to a website where I need to enter a store password, I simply open the plugin by entering my "1 password" and the software populates the website. I heavily rely on the iPhone and iPad apps which seamlessly sync with the software on my computer. The software will even alert you when you haven't changed a password for a period of time. Furthermore, if you change your password on a website, you will be prompted to update the entry in the Software, which it will do automatically upon clicking "update." In 2018, there is no good reason not to be using a password manager. Remember, I have like 400 password protected accounts and if even one of those companies has a data breach, I'd rather the hackers not get into my bank, credit card accounts, retail accounts, streaming services, and all the other accounts I use. Agile Bits is one of the leading developers in this area and 1Password software integrates well with just about anything.

Inconvénients

It's not free. Seriously all joking aside, there is NOTHING bad about this software. My main gripe would be with developers who require a password that do not integrate with this software given how important it is.